PDA

View Full Version : Queens of the Stone Age -- Nashville, TN -- March 20th, 2011

NickLed19
03-20-2011, 10:59 PM
1.Regular John
2.Avon
3.If Only
4.Walkin' on the Sidewalks
5.You Would Know
6.How to Handle a Rope
7.Mexicola
8.Hispanic Impressions
9.The Bronze
10.Give The Mule What He Wants
11.I Was a Teenage Hand Model
12.You Can't Quit Me Baby

Encore:
13.Turnin' on the Screw :rocker:
14.Long Slow Goodbye
15.Monsters in the Parasol
16.The Fun Machine Took A Shit & Died
17.Go With the Flow

Encore 2:
18.No One Knows :rocker:
19.A Song for the Dead :rocker:

Amazing show. I went in as a casual fan, went mostly because my brother and his friend really wanted to go...so I went with them. I walked out a real fan, they were awesome. They jammed alot on a few different songs, and the crowd really loved every second of the show. One of the best crowds I have seen at a show, and QOTSA seemed to appreciate it.

brutal_descent
03-21-2011, 02:57 AM
1.Regular John
2.Avon
3.If Only
4.Walkin' on the Sidewalks
5.You Would Know
6.How to Handle a Rope
7.Mexicola
8.Hispanic Impressions
9.The Bronze
10.Give The Mule What He Wants
11.I Was a Teenage Hand Model
12.You Can't Quit Me Baby

Encore:
13.Turnin' on the Screw :rocker:
14.Long Slow Goodbye
15.Monsters in the Parasol
16.The Fun Machine Took A Shit & Died
17.Go With the Flow

Encore 2:
18.No One Knows :rocker:
19.A Song for the Dead :rocker:

Amazing show. I went in as a casual fan, went mostly because my brother and his friend really wanted to go...so I went with them. I walked out a real fan, they were awesome. They jammed alot on a few different songs, and the crowd really loved every second of the show. One of the best crowds I have seen at a show, and QOTSA seemed to appreciate it.

No Burn the Witch, 3s and 7s, or Sick Sick Sick? :hmm:

mastodon421
03-21-2011, 03:34 AM
I am really jealous you got to see this, That set is awesome. I am pretty pissed the Boston date sold out so fast, I would have loved to see them.

petrovar
03-21-2011, 05:26 AM
QOTSA are one of my all time favorites and still the one I have never seen live, despite a few attempts. They FINALLY are coming back to Cleveland and I am out of town when they are. Great set, Regular John and You Can't Quit Me are my two faves...I hate my life

TonyD
03-21-2011, 08:02 AM
No Burn the Witch, 3s and 7s, or Sick Sick Sick? :hmm:

If they did all of the staples and the first album, there wouldn't have been room for anything else. I'd be stoked to see this.

brutal_descent
03-21-2011, 08:05 AM
If they did all of the staples and the first album, there wouldn't have been room for anything else. I'd be stoked to see this.

But it's Burn the Witch... :wtf:

iggus
03-21-2011, 09:21 AM
This show ended up being a better setlist them I had figured it would. I went because the first album is my favorite one, but the odd shit and couple of hits they busted out at the end was beyond cool. I lucked out due to a friend and landed front row tickets. My buddy took in a small camera to take some pix but figured he'd roll on a song to see how it would work. For how loud it was standing there i am amazed it came out this good. check out this link. Vocals came out lower on the recording but they are kind of low being under then main PA anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1936280971318&notif_t=video_tag

It seems like they don't play the same set after the run of the first album. At one point Josh is looking down at us and asking what we wanted to hear.. I said "Lost Art" being the one hit I wanted to see...he looked at me and just said uh no..haha... Mike yelled a song and got a No....then the girl next to him froze up and couldn't say anything..haha... so he looks at the hot girl behind me and goes ok she gets a song..and she yells out Monsters in the Parasol.
Was cool to be close to see how he plays different parts and the way he kicks on and works the various pedals . All in all a great show. :blaze:

TonyD
03-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Why would he shoot down Lost Art?

petrovar
03-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I would have requested Broken Box. That song is badass!

NickLed19
03-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Josh is such a badass, uh no. haha

larvtard
03-21-2011, 06:37 PM
pissed that Atlanta sold out, but they're not playing Little Sister, so that makes me feel a little better.:)

Skinny Juice
03-21-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm so glad I snatched up tickets to the Denver date. They sold out in 5 mins! The 1st album start to finish will be TITS. They change up their encores, so you don't know what you'll get there. I'm hoping for either I Think I Lost My Headache or Song for the Dead. Either one of those songs will make me as stoked as can be. :tongue:

NickLed19
03-22-2011, 01:04 AM
pissed that Atlanta sold out, but they're not playing Little Sister, so that makes me feel a little better.:)

They are actually. Played it every show, besides ours.

NickLed19
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM

They played Little Sister in Atlanta. ;)

TonyD
03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Looks like they're rotating most of the non s/t songs, I think I might cave in and get tickets for this, it will be about $150 (50 more than ticketmaster in the first place).

larvtard
03-22-2011, 06:47 PM
They played Little Sister in Atlanta. ;)

Oh damn, didn't realize it was last night! I may have scalped some. Oh well, I was out of town anyway.

NickLed19
03-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Looks like they're rotating most of the non s/t songs, I think I might cave in and get tickets for this, it will be about $150 (50 more than ticketmaster in the first place).

My tix ended up being around $40. Why so high at your show?