Angels Don't Kill
In Your Face
Downfall
----------------------------------
Was It Worth It?
Hate Crew Deathroll

Maideneer
03-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Still nothing from Something Wild, hmmm. Nice to see COB on the set, but it seems like they are really trying to suck in the skater crowd completely now.

I like the new album to be honest, so I guess it's not a horrible set list.

PowerMaiden
03-20-2011, 08:52 AM
a bit short ?

but not bad, It would be fun for them to throw some rare played songs for once, I've seen all these songs played (of course with the exeption of the new ones)

how about Lil' Blood Red Riding Hood, Thrashed, Lost & Strungout or the fucking Nail for a change

they played Bed Of Razors a few years back but only for a few shows if I remember correctly

anyway, I'm still gonna go see them next time they hit Montreal, great band to see live

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

treghet
03-20-2011, 11:46 AM
a bit short ?

but not bad, It would be fun for them to throw some rare played songs for once, I've seen all these songs played (of course with the exeption of the new ones)

how about Lil' Blood Red Riding Hood, Thrashed, Lost & Strungout or the fucking Nail for a change

they played Bed Of Razors a few years back but only for a few shows if I remember correctly

anyway, I'm still gonna go see them next time they hit Montreal, great band to see live

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Agreed. Needs some rare songs, otherwise I'm going to be skipping their US tour.

Also, they played Bed of Razors for that whole US tour.

PowerMaiden
03-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Also, they played Bed of Razors for that whole US tour.

okay, I knew that they played it but we didn't get it here in Montreal as they didn't came here for that leg of the tour

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JuuKun
03-20-2011, 01:23 PM

I'd like to see LBRRH. Trashed, Lost & Strungout would be nice, but I believe Alexi's said a couple of times that they feel the song doesn't work well live. I've been saying it for a number of years now, but I want to fucking hear Touch Like Angel of Death.

First leg of the tour for the new album is almost always new songs and then a pretty standard set (cool to see Children of Bodom in the set, though). The last two albums, it wasn't until they were coming back around for atleast the 2nd or 3rd time before they started throwing older & rarer stuff in there. Give it time.

kommie
03-20-2011, 02:27 PM
pretty horrible, but I only like SW and Hatebreeder.

treghet
03-20-2011, 04:57 PM
What I really think they need to do is drop Hate Crew Deathroll. It's getting pretty old with Alexi asking every single crowd if they are "the real motherfuckin hate crew". Replace it with Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded) or Triple Corpse Hammerblow. Those are my two favorite songs on that album.

PowerMaiden
03-20-2011, 06:12 PM
What I really think they need to do is drop Hate Crew Deathroll. It's getting pretty old with Alexi asking every single crowd if they are "the real motherfuckin hate crew". Replace it with Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded) or Triple Corpse Hammerblow. Those are my two favorite songs on that album.

wrong

It's my favourite Bodom song, their anthem so....no !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

SilentSoldier144
03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
That's like if Iron Maiden dropped the song 'Iron Maiden' from their setlist. It's just a huge no-no.

treghet
03-20-2011, 07:05 PM
That's like if Iron Maiden dropped the song 'Iron Maiden' from their setlist. It's just a huge no-no.

As far as I know, Children of Bodom has three major set staples: Hate Crew Deathroll, Downfall, and Everytime I Die.

But... Everytime I Die isn't in the set. If they could drop that song, I don't see why they couldn't drop a different one. And personally, Everytime I Die is my second favorite song by them, but I don't have a problem with it being dropped since they have been playing it constantly for years. I guess we just have different opinions about sets. I really dislike when it's mandatory for bands to play certain songs at every single show.

maidenpriest
03-20-2011, 09:32 PM
I would consider Silent Night, Bodom Night a major staple for them also and they dropped that as well. Hoping that they play it in the US though, thats the song that got me into them

Nick_to_the_face
03-21-2011, 06:32 AM
Children of Bodom and the new ones(obviously) are the only ones i haven't heard live..
they realllly need a set change...and quick

JuuKun
03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
The only staple that Bodom almost always plays is Downfall. Hate Me! comes close, too.

HCDR isn't a constant. They play it often, but out of the five times I've seen them...I think they've played it twice? And I'd consider songs like Angels Don't Kill and Silent Night, Bodom Night as staples before Everytime I Die (another one I think they've only played 2, maybe 3 times out of the 5 I've seen them)

the chewbacca defense
03-22-2011, 01:53 AM
The only staple that Bodom almost always plays is Downfall. Hate Me! comes close, too.

HCDR isn't a constant. They play it often, but out of the five times I've seen them...I think they've played it twice? And I'd consider songs like Angels Don't Kill and Silent Night, Bodom Night as staples before Everytime I Die (another one I think they've only played 2, maybe 3 times out of the 5 I've seen them)
This. They didn't play HCDR or Needled during the No Fear LOG tour

Nick_to_the_face
03-23-2011, 06:10 AM
This. They didn't play HCDR or Needled during the No Fear LOG tour

I've never seen them do Needled :mad:

TBM
04-29-2011, 03:23 AM
I think they have two staples: Downfall and In Your Face. As far as I know they play those songs everytime. Another one could be Living Dead Beat but I'm not sure..
I was kinda hoping that when they play those first shows in Finland, and since there are a lot of old school fans, they would play some really rare songs. But I didn't go to see them so whatever.. I still hope they will do a COB 20th anniversary concert and play extended versions of Touch Like An Angel Of Death, Black Widow and Triple Corpse Hammerblow with a symphony orchestra.

kommie
04-29-2011, 09:31 AM
too bad they only play like 2 songs total off Hatebreeder, and none off Something Wild. After Hatebreeder, they took a huge Downfall and never came back. they go from neo-classical metal to a generic thrash sound. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who doesn't like em after Hatebreeder.