PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed You! Black Emperor -- New York, NY -- March 18th, 2011

ShatteredFlame
03-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Hope Drone
Moya
Dead Metheny
Gathering Storm
09-15-00 Outro
Chart #3
World Police and Friendly Fire
The Cowboy
BBF3

The setlist was from setlist.fm.

Not much I can say about this one, except it was an experience like no other. The band played in a church - Church of St. Paul the Apostle. The sound system there had to be THE best I have ever heard! Everything was so spot on and clear. I arrive at the venue kind of late because finding the church was ridiculous (my fault for driving). and I was worried that I missed a lot. I only missed the opener (some folk chick I haven't listened to) and Hope Drone, which is no biggie. I got in as soon as they started Moya, which was perfect. By this point all the pews and seats were taken but whatever, I found a really great spot to stand and watch them. I prefer standing anyway, the people in the seats looked uncomfortable as the show went on :lol:. Moya was beautiful, I was glad that I witnessed it. I was worried they might have rotated it out by my date, since they played it the last couple of days. Dead Methany performance gave me a new love for that song, seriously powerful song live. Then they played the opening chords to Storm :party:. I was most worried that I missed this one, since it's my favorite. I got chills through the whole thing. The only flaw would be that it sucks that they didn't have a trumpet player, but other than that it was just as lively as on record which was fantastic! The rest of the night was completely solid from there. 09-15-00 Outro, World Police and Friendly Fire, The Cowboy - they all presented something I have never witnessed in a live setting before. Then BBF3 ended the night. I didn't expect this one for some reason. The tape of that asshole played, no cusses blocked out even though it was in a church. This song just felt kind of awkward live. On record, I can't really agree with those who hate it, I find it to be absolutely perfect. Live, I hardly recognized why I liked it.....until the last couple of minutes when that build up comes on. So everything was great in the end. I bought a poster and F-sharp, A-sharp on vinyl. Great night! The only minor disappointment was that they didn't play Albanian on this date, but oh well.

bigguytoo9
03-19-2011, 07:54 AM
I saw the opening date for the NA tour in Vancouver. Kinda close to the same setlist as we got, Hope Drone was a pretty rad opening song. I think we also got Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls. It took me about 4 days to really take in what I had just seen, front row center the entire performance.