06/13 Koln, Germany @ Undergournd w/ Rise And Fall, Oathbreaker, and more
06/14 London, UK @ O2 Academy Islington w/ Pettybone, 33, and more
06/15 Antwerpen, Belgium @ Trix w/ Rise And Fall, Oathbreaker, and more
06/16 Eindhoven, Holland @ Dynamo w/ Rise And Fall, Oathbreaker, and more
06/17 Scheeßel, Germany @ Hurricane Festival
06/18 Clisson, France @ Hellfest
06/19 Neuhausen ob Eck, Germany @ Southside Festival

oh, and a split, and a new album.

TRAP THEM AND CONVERGE, THIS IS THE GREATEST THING THAT'S HAPPENED SINCE I LOST MY VIRGINITY

elturtleboy
03-18-2011, 04:44 PM
i can see trap them again and again and still love em. If they do a show here with Drop Dead it would be :drool:

mankvill
03-18-2011, 04:59 PM
OHMY GOD COME THE FUCK ON THEY HAVE TO HAVE A DATE HERE THEY PULLED OUT THE DAY OF THE DATE LAST YEAR OMFG

MPF
03-18-2011, 05:46 PM
I want to care about this, but it's pretty obvious they aren't coming to Minnesota, so I can't.

jhdeity
03-18-2011, 05:47 PM
4/7-Cro-Mags/Mentors

Um, really?

larvtard
03-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah, don't think they're coming to Atlanta. :( Neither band is that good live, but it's a pretty killer lineup nonetheless, and I would go in a heartbeat...eh, probably two.

mankvill
03-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Neither band is that good live

I am going to punch you right in the dick

larvtard
03-18-2011, 06:06 PM

Hand-to-dick combat, eh?

elturtleboy
03-18-2011, 06:12 PM
4/7-Cro-Mags/Mentors

Um, really?
if u dont love the miracle that is El Duce than go be lame at a deftones show

jhdeity
03-18-2011, 06:13 PM
if u dont love the miracle that is El Duce than go be lame at a deftones show

I'm the biggest Mentors fan ever. Definitely in my Top 3 of bands I wanted to see and never got a chance to. Who's singing?

jhdeity
03-18-2011, 06:14 PM
and bagging on The Deftones is so 2010. hahaha

jhdeity
03-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Damn I need to wiki shit more often. Never even heard of Ducefixion.

You made my day Dude...

bt11763
03-18-2011, 06:20 PM

this. so stoked. SOOOO STOKED.

i'm actually going to go down to maryland for deathfest a couple days late for this show. THAT'S HOW STOKED.

larvtard
03-18-2011, 06:30 PM
i'm actually going to go down to maryland for deathfest a couple days late for this show. THAT'S HOW STOKED.

:headoff::chair:

As I good, killer lineup, but you're gonna miss part of MDF for this show? THose guys tour all the time.

elturtleboy
03-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Damn I need to wiki shit more often. Never even heard of Ducefixion.

You made my day Dude...

new singer is a really nice guy name mad dog(singer of mantors). He's also doing drumming now which makes mentors now the classic three piece. There doing a tour so look out for them. I saw em 09 pretyy badass stuff

jhdeity
03-18-2011, 07:25 PM
new singer is a really nice guy name mad dog(singer of mantors). He's also doing drumming now which makes mentors now the classic three piece. There doing a tour so look out for them. I saw em 09 pretyy badass stuff

Nice. So I've seen 2 different things about Ducefixion. One said El Dude recorded the vocals in 90 before he died and the other said the vocalist is Mark Mad Dog. Have you heard it?

elturtleboy
03-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Nice. So I've seen 2 different things about Ducefixion. One said El Dude recorded the vocals in 90 before he died and the other said the vocalist is Mark Mad Dog. Have you heard it?

EL Duce only recorded the last song on the album "Masturbation Illness". The rest is the new line up. I dig itttt

bt11763
03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
:headoff::chair:

As I good, killer lineup, but you're gonna miss part of MDF for this show? THose guys tour all the time.

nope i was planning on going down early for my friend's birthday, i don't plan on missing any of it

jd091
03-18-2011, 07:52 PM
5/30 Chicago, IL @ Reggies

OH FUCK YES

another band I can check off the "See before I die" list :allan:

larvtard
03-18-2011, 07:53 PM
nope i was planning on going down early for my friend's birthday, i don't plan on missing any of it

:eek::eek: Missing your friend's birthday for Converge and Trap Them???

Nah I'm just joshing man, hope you have a good time. I agree, both bands are really fun live, despite not putting on a technically flawless performance or whatever.

Statutory-Mike
03-18-2011, 08:28 PM

this.

moobys37
03-18-2011, 08:43 PM
5/29 Braddock, PA @ Unsmoke Systems w/ Drop Dead

10 minutes from my house :party:

mankvill
03-18-2011, 09:24 PM
:eek::eek: Missing your friend's birthday for Converge and Trap Them???

Nah I'm just joshing man, hope you have a good time. I agree, both bands are really fun live, despite not putting on a technically flawless performance or whatever.

heart and passion over technical prowess all day errday

ShatteredFlame
03-18-2011, 10:03 PM
heart and passion over technical prowess all day errday

Agreed. I've seen a bunch of bands that go for technicality over everything else such as Scale the Summit and TesseracT. Both bands can technically play their instruments well but in terms of personal enjoyment they have to be 2 of the most boring bands I've had to sit through.

Anyway, hopefully I can go to this. I don't think I will be able to go to MDF this year and it sucks that Cripple Bastards is playing in Brooklyn this date. Regardless I will probably go to this if I can because Converge is one of my favorites.

Northern_Shaman
03-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Okay, this is like the 10th time I've lurked Converge-worship on this board, so I need to know what's up.

Why do you guys like this band? Not trying to get a rise out of you, I want legitimate reasons.

I saw them playing on the Dethklok/Mastodon tour and honestly thought it was one of the worst performances I'd ever seen. Their guitarist came out first and repeated some really heavy/awesome riff for a bit (had some effects if I recall correctly), and then the rest of the band came out and absolutely ruined whatever energy had just been built up.

...EXPLAIN!

NecroRob
03-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Okay, this is like the 10th time I've lurked Converge-worship on this board, so I need to know what's up.

Why do you guys like this band? Not trying to get a rise out of you, I want legitimate reasons.

I saw them playing on the Dethklok/Mastodon tour and honestly thought it was one of the worst performances I'd ever seen. Their guitarist came out first and repeated some really heavy/awesome riff for a bit (had some effects if I recall correctly), and then the rest of the band came out and absolutely ruined whatever energy had just been built up.

...EXPLAIN!

Never seen them live, so I can't comment on that. All I know is that they sound great on album and I feel like their live shows would be intense.

I'm praying that one of those TBA dates is in Seattle.

mastodon421
03-19-2011, 03:37 AM
I am going to try my hardest to make the show in Cambridge. Converge is near the top of my must see list.

ShatteredFlame
03-19-2011, 05:24 AM

Cause seeing them with boring prog hipsters and dethklok fans who know absolutely nothing about metal is completely different than seeing them at a hardcore show. I really hate that tour. Even my date sucked because the crowd was awful except for the few Converge fans killing each other.

But basically, they are one of the most intense bands around! Both on CD and live.

mankvill
03-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Converge was so out of place on the Mastoklok tour because the last place a godly hardcore/grindcore/metalcore/noisecore band wants to win over new fans is opening for an adult swim band and Mastodon. The genre's just clashed a lot. Also, Converge thrives on more intimate settings. Try looking up some live videos from one of their headlining tours. Shit hits the fan.

daimonos
03-19-2011, 09:19 AM
10 minutes from my house :party:

never heard of this place. where is it?

Northern_Shaman
03-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Converge was so out of place on the Mastoklok tour because the last place a godly hardcore/grindcore/metalcore/noisecore band wants to win over new fans is opening for an adult swim band and Mastodon. The genre's just clashed a lot. Also, Converge thrives on more intimate settings. Try looking up some live videos from one of their headlining tours. Shit hits the fan.

Yeah, there's no doubt about that at all. Was a horrible tour for them to be on. Completely seated venue probably didn't help their few fans either. But I notice you guys all seem to just like how... Chaotic they are. Just pure rage in musical format. Will have to check them out when I'm in that mindset.

BloodoftheKings
03-19-2011, 09:45 AM

...EXPLAIN!

Same here. They didn't put on one of the worst performances but I wasn't the least bit impressed. No one seemed very amused except for the 3 guys going apeshit in the pit.

ShatteredFlame
03-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, there's no doubt about that at all. Was a horrible tour for them to be on. Completely seated venue probably didn't help their few fans either. But I notice you guys all seem to just like how... Chaotic they are. Just pure rage in musical format. Will have to check them out when I'm in that mindset.

woah a seated venue? That is just awful for a hardcore band, there was seats at my venue but it's mostly GA. Converge must have felt extremely awkward playing there.

Northern_Shaman
03-19-2011, 10:57 AM
woah a seated venue? That is just awful for a hardcore band, there was seats at my venue but it's mostly GA. Converge must have felt extremely awkward playing there.

Not just any venue with seats either. Was at the most prestigious classical music venue in Vancouver. Like, the place where symphonies play. Saw Opeth play there back in 2008, which was a great atmosphere. Just funny because everyone who works there is an elderly classical music elitist.

Picture converge playing here:
http://img.clubvibes.com/listings/logos/1294.jpg
That's a picture of the actual inside.

Statutory-Mike
03-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Not just any venue with seats either. Was at the most prestigious classical music venue in Vancouver. Like, the place where symphonies play. Saw Opeth play there back in 2008, which was a great atmosphere. Just funny because everyone who works there is an elderly classical music elitist.

That might be one of the funniest things I've ever pictured.

Bergman101
03-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't want to see any metal band in that venue. But I saw Converge on the Mastoklok tour and I thought they were awesome, I loved all the bands on that tour. And I will definitely be at the NYC show for Converge and Trap Them!!

Northern_Shaman
03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't want to see any metal band in that venue.

It certainly didn't work for Converge, but like I said, it was absolutely incredible for Opeth. Seeing a black metal show there would probably also be pretty amazing. With the right lighting, it looks like some terrifying old cathedral Converge just... Yeah. Not the right place for them.

brian
03-21-2011, 06:09 PM

huh???? Converge and Mastodon have toured together many times before that. Off the top of my head, Converge/American Nightmare/Mastodon (around the time of Lifesblood, I think), Converge/Mastodon/The Bronx, think they did some dates with Isis too. Also a tour with Priestess. I completely agree that they're out of place with Dethklok (who isn't out of place touring with a fake band?) but Converge and Mastodon have a very long history together.

Converge is one of the greatest live bands of all time. Wish this tour would hit Atlanta.

mankvill
03-21-2011, 06:10 PM
huh???? Converge and Mastodon have toured together many times before that. Off the top of my head, Converge/American Nightmare/Mastodon (around the time of Lifesblood, I think), Converge/Mastodon/The Bronx, think they did some dates with Isis too. Also a tour with Priestess. I completely agree that they're out of place with Dethklok (who isn't out of place touring with a fake band?) but Converge and Mastodon have a very long history together.

Converge is one of the greatest live bands of all time. Wish this tour would hit Atlanta.

Yeah, I meant that more towards Dethklok. ;)

christopher
03-21-2011, 06:28 PM

The Gibson isn't quite like tha place, but very similiar and I saw GWAR there a few years back haha. Other than the small opening up front for a pit, the rest of the place is like that, nicely seated and what not.

jd091
03-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Actually, Converge and early Mastodon (Remission and pre-remission era) would be a perfect match. That would actually possibly maybe have been one of the greatest tours of 2000's metal... if it ever happened.

:bliss:

Natrlhi
03-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Actually, Converge and early Mastodon (Remission and pre-remission era) would be a perfect match. That would actually possibly maybe have been one of the greatest tours of 2000's metal... if it ever happened.Did you not read this?

Converge and Mastodon have toured together many times before that. Off the top of my head, Converge/American Nightmare/Mastodon (around the time of Lifesblood, I think), Converge/Mastodon/The Bronx, think they did some dates with Isis too. Also a tour with Priestess.

powerslave_85
03-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Oh fuck, I'm going to be in Michigan that weekend of the Chicago date. Might have to talk my friends into a little road trip...

jd091
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Did you not read this?

Nope! I didn't! Thanks for making me feel like shit for being too young, anyway! :D

Natrlhi
03-23-2011, 05:38 AM
Nope! I didn't! Thanks for making me feel like shit for being too young, anyway! :D:lol: I certainly didn't mean to make you feel like shit...just rip on you a little. ;)

smearCampaign
03-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Converge, Trap Them and Hooded Menace all the same night? Chaos in Tejas FTW!

Also, if you get the chance, go see All Pigs Must Die. I saw them a couple times last week during SXSW. For fans of Converge and Trap Them if you haven't heard them yet. :rocker:

larvtard
03-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Converge, Trap Them and Hooded Menace all the same night? Chaos in Tejas FTW!

Also, if you get the chance, go see All Pigs Must Die. I saw them a couple times last week during SXSW. For fans of Converge and Trap Them if you haven't heard them yet. :rocker:

post a SXSW review!

jd091
03-23-2011, 04:01 PM
:lol: I certainly didn't mean to make you feel like shit...just rip on you a little. ;)

Naw, ripping on me was totally justified; I just feel like shit for have being too young to witness those shows around 2002/2003. We'll never see a Mastodon like that again, for better or for worse.

ravenheart
06-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Last three shows (Ashford, Little Rock, Raleigh) cancelled due to Converge bassist having a health scare.

Make-up shows will be added to the next tour.

smearCampaign
06-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Last night they were supposed to go on at 10, but based on the announcement yesterday I figured they would be late. At about 10:20 someone got on the mic and said that Converge would play at 11:15 on the small inside stage. So, I was pissed b/c I didn't want to have to scramble back to Red 7 and risk missing Hooded Menace. But at about 10:25 Converge popped out onto the stage and set up all their gear in about 5 minutes and ripped through a half hour of insanity. One of their crew was doing much of their bassists screaming.

NickLed19
06-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Trap Them said they are still playing the Nashville show on Sat.

larvtard
06-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Trap Them said they are still playing the Nashville show on Sat.

Holy crap, I never thought you would be a Trap Them fan! Enjoy the show dude. :blaze:

jd091
06-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Holy living shit, Trap Them are great live. I had barely heard them before last Monday, and now they are one of my favorite new bands! I hope this band gets bigger and bigger; they deserve it.

mankvill
06-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Converge told me on Twitter they'll be making up their canceled Lawrence date last year, so I guess it'll be on their next US tour. - A- wonder who will open.

I BET IT WILL BE CONVERGE/DROPDEAD :eek:

larvtard
06-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Holy living shit, Trap Them are great live. I had barely heard them before last Monday, and now they are one of my favorite new bands! I hope this band gets bigger and bigger; they deserve it.

'Tis about time, they are one of my favorite bands ever. Better on record though.

NickLed19
06-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Holy crap, I never thought you would be a Trap Them fan! Enjoy the show dude. :blaze:

My brother is a fan, I am going with him. Hopefully I come back a fan though.:D

jd091
06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Better on record though.

How could you even say that.

Statutory-Mike
06-03-2011, 07:30 PM
been huge on trap them for probably 2 years now, I love them. and it seems like every time I see them, their fanbase just gets bigger and bigger. huge reaction in ny last week, it was awesome. and they're better live, by a long shot.

bt11763
06-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I BET IT WILL BE CONVERGE/DROPDEAD :eek:

does fucking want. i'm not as hopeful though because they did do some dates with them on this tour. fortunately it wasn't the NYC date (fortunate because i missed it)