PDA

View Full Version : Rotting Christ -- Detroit, MI -- March 17th, 2011

Slasherous
03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
After Melechesh played an amazing set, many people left Blondies (there was only about 80 max there to begin with). I wasn't expecting after seeing Melechesh that Rotting Christ would best them, but they did. They started out with some newer songs, which i had never heard till that moment, than went into some of their more known songs. They definately played less than hour, and it felt like they didnt play that many songs at all. But it was enjoyable none the less, a great way to spend a birthday.:party:

The setlist isn't in exact order, and im missing about 2-3 songs.

Aeolo
Fire, Death, and Fear
Athanate Este
The Forest of N'Gai
The Sign of Evil Existence
Enuma Elish
Phobos Synagogue
The Sign of Prime Creation
Noctis Era
-------
Non Serviam

idrinkwine732
03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
No Thou Art Blind?

Slasherous
03-17-2011, 09:32 PM
I wasn't familiar with the first three songs. They probably did though.

hellawaits77ny
03-17-2011, 11:18 PM
That sucks for the bands when you have a crowd that small. I'm not saying the bands will play worse or anything like that, but you gotta figure when there's that few people, the tour isn't going to be very profitable. Eh, maybe I'm wrong.

Bloodcurse
03-17-2011, 11:31 PM
That sucks for the bands when you have a crowd that small. I'm not saying the bands will play worse or anything like that, but you gotta figure when there's that few people, the tour isn't going to be very profitable. Eh, maybe I'm wrong.

No, you are exactly right!! I've done shows on tour where one or two people show up. But we still gave that one or two people our best performance!!

Jochen
03-18-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm surprised people actually left after Melechesh, Rotting Christ is miles ahead of them. Oh well. That sucks about the bad turnout, from what I heard their last US tour didn't have a good turnout either. But even so, if they're willing to do a low-profit tour, that shows that they really care about the fans over here, unlike some bands who play to way bigger crowds than Rotting Christ.

GarageMetal468
03-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Low profit? Tickets for the Chicago show are $25-$30, that's a bit more expensive than most shows in Chicago. Either way I'll be going to that on Saturday, I know it'll be worth the money.

treghet
03-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Tickets for my show were just $17.

adamclark52
03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm surprised people actually left after Melechesh, Rotting Christ is miles ahead of them. Oh well. That sucks about the bad turnout, from what I heard their last US tour didn't have a good turnout either. But even so, if they're willing to do a low-profit tour, that shows that they really care about the fans over here, unlike some bands who play to way bigger crowds than Rotting Christ.

I think they ended up canceling their Toronto date on their last tour, and it was at one of the smallest metal venues in T.O.

John The Drummer
03-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I can understand why many would leave after Melechesh. I love Rotting Christs older material, and album before Aeolo, but Aeolo just did not do much for me and was very monotone and boring IMO. Everyone was probably expecting them to play a majority of those songs, and didn't want to hear them.

I dunno, my $0.02.