PDA

View Full Version : New Iced Earth vocalist announced

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Stu Block from Into Eternity.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155364

MPF
03-16-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm actually happy about this. I like Into Eternity and Iced Earth.

As long as Stu doesn't fuck up and get fried right away, this should turn out pretty damn good.

IrritatedTrout
03-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I like the guys voice but I don't really care about Iced Earth anymore. Interesting choice though.

ChildrenofSodom
03-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I like Stu's range, not a huge fan of Into Eternity though. It will interesting to see how they, if they even do, incorporate his growling/screaming abilities. But, my hopes aren't high; probably another shitty concept album about Setians or whatever those aliens are called. Stu's Canadian, so I don't know if Jon can get him to sing about paranoid American conspiracy theories.

Time will tell.

Indestructible
03-16-2011, 10:29 AM
I like Stu's range, not a huge fan of Into Eternity though. It will interesting to see how they, if they even do, incorporate his growling/screaming abilities. But, my hopes aren't high; probably another shitty concept album about Setians or whatever those aliens are called. Stu's Canadian, so I don't know if Jon can get him to sing about paranoid American conspiracy theories.
Time will tell.

Dont get me started.
When Barlow was still with IE I was wondering if Schaffer was going to do and album with them about "paranoid American conspiracy theories":D

Interesting choice, Im looking forward to hearing how Stu pulls off Barlows songs.

MPF
03-16-2011, 10:46 AM
^ He did, it's called Sons Of Liberty. It might as well be an IE album. It took the place of writing the new IE album at the time.

ChildrenofSodom
03-16-2011, 11:02 AM
I wonder if Stu will re-record the Barlow re-recordings of the Ripper songs that they re-recorded for Glorious Burden after Barlow only partially recorded before leaving halfway through the writing process.

MPF
03-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I wonder if Stu will re-record the Barlow re-recordings of the Ripper songs that they re-recorded for Glorious Burden after Barlow only partially recorded before leaving halfway through the writing process.

Short answer....yes.

ravenheart
03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I like Into Eternity too, but Stu's not aggressive enough for IE. Definitely not the choice I'd have made.

Nevertheless, I will see them for one of their last shows with Matt in June, then see them with Stu in London in November :D

Derelict
03-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Schaeffer is a douchebag.

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I think Jon Schaeffer might be reading Metalsetlists!

Next up were Into Eternity. They blew down my expectations. The singer had a kinda bad growl, and a sort of bad singing voice too. But his falsetto...Ripper Owens can't touch that shit.

Retrieved from http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=5610&highlight=Eternity

makethemsuffer12
03-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I like Into Eternity too, but Stu's not aggressive enough for IE.

My thoughts exactly. Stu's an amazing singer, but I think he is an odd choice for Iced Earth. I never would've thought of him joining. It could still be cool, though.

Travis The Dragon
03-16-2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQ4ZR-NI6A

I just hope they don't allow those death metal style vocals on the new material. As long as they don't, he sounds like a great choice!

ravenheart
03-16-2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQ4ZR-NI6A

I just hope they don't allow those death metal style vocals on the new material. As long as they don't, he sounds like a great choice!

OK, I take it back, I don't like any part of his singing. His mid-range is weak, his top end is really gay and his growls just plain suck.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-16-2011, 01:53 PM
His vocals didn't do much for me but I'll wait to judge until I hear him with IE.
His falsetto has a Halford-esque quality to it.

ravenheart
03-16-2011, 02:12 PM
His falsetto has a Halford-esque quality to it.

If Halford sounded like crap...

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-16-2011, 02:48 PM
If Halford sounded like crap...

We get it. You think he sucks. ;)

Northern_Shaman
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Stu Block from Into Eternity.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155364

Stoked. As. Hell. Stu's got a hell of a voice. Not sure how it fits with Iced Earth, as raven was saying earlier, but I'm curious.

Maiden33
03-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Hahahaha...

:eyes:

...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sanitarium78
03-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Interesting choice. I'm guessing Schaffer owes the record company a new IE album soon and that's why this choice was made so quickly.

I'll give Stu two albums before he's gone. That gives him one album of Schaffer praising him and saying he's the voice I always wanted for IE and then another album/tour for Jon to realise that he's not Barlow and gets him back again:tp:

darkguardian50
03-17-2011, 12:47 AM
He's got range and I like his Halfordesque high notes but aside from the Stormrider material I don't see how it fits with IE. I don't see him being able to pull off "A Question of Heaven" for instance. I kinda just wish Schaffer would put IE to rest and concentrate on Demons and Wizards.

Indestructible
03-17-2011, 01:09 AM
He's got range and I like his Halfordesque high notes but aside from the Stormrider material I don't see how it fits with IE. I don't see him being able to pull off "A Question of Heaven" for instance. I kinda just wish Schaffer would put IE to rest and concentrate on Demons and Wizards.

I wouldn't want to see them break up, but if it doesn't work out with Stu Block it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Steev
03-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Im interested to see what they'll sound like

huge fan of Stu's singing in Into Eternity

brutal_descent
03-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Well, I'm seeing Iced Earth twice in '11 - once with Barlow in June and once with Stu in November. :D