Americon
Payback
Mandatory Suicide
Temptation
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

first Megadeth...kinda the same songs we've seen in the past year or so nothing stands out to me, and only 2 Endgame songs? Do they hate the record or something???:confused:

Slayer.....Loving Silent Scream, Antichrist, Postmortem, Black Magic....why the hell are they keeping Temptation???....Lack of Chemical Warfare and/or Hell Awaits makes me sad

rjturtle9
03-14-2011, 12:48 AM
and only 2 Endgame songs? Do they hate the record or something???:confused:

Lack of Chemical Warfare and/or Hell Awaits makes me sad

This.

hellawaits77ny
03-14-2011, 01:07 AM
This.

Agree w/ both points. I do like that Slayer added Silent Scream + The Antichrist. Two quality tunes. But yes, why the fuck is there no Hell Awaits or Chemical Warfare??!!

And isn't this the live debut of How The Story Unfolds? If not, my bad.

rjturtle9
03-14-2011, 01:10 AM

Nah, they've played many times. On the tour with Slayer and Anthrax it was a regular in the set.

DisposableJustice
03-14-2011, 01:11 AM

They played it at the end of the Jagermeister tour and during their quick Aussie tour

hellawaits77ny
03-14-2011, 01:14 AM
They played it at the end of the Jagermeister tour and during their quick Aussie tour

Thanks for clearing that up. Couldn't remember

DisposableJustice
03-14-2011, 01:20 AM
what surprises me the most is that Megadeth hasn't really promoted Endgame at all, outside of that small US tour in 2009; I know they are limited in set time, but at this rate, Europe will have heard 3 songs from Endgame, tops....plus since they are working on a new record the Endgame material may fade away from the set:mad:

brutal_descent
03-14-2011, 01:46 AM
If this it it, tomorrow will be metal as fuck.

DisposableJustice
03-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Presenting the very first video of Americon...at least that I've found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rDAA51lo1g

girnny777
03-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Slayer is playing Antichrist again.

All is right in the world.

ravenheart
03-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Two boring setlists right there.

Even so, why isn't this coming to the UK? Such a stupid decision.

Maidenmagic
03-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Come on Dave! Think outside the box! Hopefully Megadeth will do that peace sells 25th aniversary tour that Dave mentioned in an interview. Now that would be an interesting set. (Conjuring!)

ravenheart
03-14-2011, 05:48 AM
He said they'd do that at the end of the year. It isn't the end of the year yet.

TheClairvoyant
03-14-2011, 10:02 AM
I even remember Dave claiming that he thought Endgame was far better then Countdown, I mean, cmon Dave!. I'm glad they've finally ended the Rust in Peace in it's eternity in the setlist, but Megadeth seriously need to add more Endgame tunes (like 44 minutes) and throw in some unusual songs that Slayer have recently been doing.

DisposableJustice
03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Not to be a huge setlist hater but I want to fix Megadeth's setlist:D

Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
44 Minutes
Endgame
Hangar 18
Hook In Mouth
How the Story Ends
The Right to go Insane
Trust
Head Crusher
Sweating Bullets
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

there better:party:

idrinkwine732
03-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I think both sets actually are really good...

elturtleboy
03-14-2011, 11:35 AM
i wouldnt complain at all if im getting black magic and antichirst

camby118
03-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Megadeth is my favorite band. Still though, Skin o My Teeth, Sweating Bullets and Trust kinda need to go.

She Wolf is good, but that's next in line to go.

camby118
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Also.. this really needs more Peace Sells. And Ashes in Your Mouth is a great CtE song that has pretty much been neglected along with the rest of the record.

larvtard
03-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Silent Scream, Postmortem, Black Magic :D Three of my top tens, along with the obvious ones, Angel of Death and South of Heaven...

rjturtle9
03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Not to be a huge setlist hater but I want to fix Megadeth's setlist:D

Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
44 Minutes
Endgame
Hangar 18
Hook In Mouth
How the Story Ends
The Right to go Insane
Trust
Head Crusher
Sweating Bullets
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

there better:party:

Well done sir, although you did take out Tornado of Souls, which is just plain crazy.

Blacktooth85
03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm diggin' the Slayer set for the most part. Silent Scream, Black Magic, The Antichrist!!! But nothing off Hell Awaits or Haunting the Chapel?!
4 songs off Seasons?, i think they can drop Temptation and Dead Skin Mask. At least throw the title track in if you're gonna play 4 songs off that album.

Same ole, same ole from Dave and the boys. She-Wolf, Skin o' My Teeth, Sweating Bullets could be dropped to make room for some Killing is My Business material.

velvetgrass
03-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Okay, I'm fairly new here but I've been following the Megadeth setlists online for a while so here are my comments about it:

Glad they're closing with the complete Holy Wars again instead of that shortened reprise they were ending with. But I'm personally sick of Wake Up Dead being anywhere in the set yet alone the opener. Personally, I wish they'd open with Dialetic Chaos/This Day We Fight! I'm so glad they didn't drop "Tornado Of Souls" now that they're done with the RIP live tour. One thing that irritates me is that they hardly perform anything off United Abominations. That's such a kick-ass album! It wouldn't hurt to put a song or two in every couple shows. And why cut out A Tout Le Monde? That should be a staple in every Megadeth show.

But, this setlist wasn't bad by any means, I'd have an awesome time if I was actually at this show.

One question, have they ever performed Sudden Death live?

TheClairvoyant
03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Okay, I'm fairly new here but I've been following the Megadeth setlists online for a while so here are my comments about it:

Glad they're closing with the complete Holy Wars again instead of that shortened reprise they were ending with. But I'm personally sick of Wake Up Dead being anywhere in the set yet alone the opener. Personally, I wish they'd open with Dialetic Chaos/This Day We Fight! I'm so glad they didn't drop "Tornado Of Souls" now that they're done with the RIP live tour. One thing that irritates me is that they hardly perform anything off United Abominations. That's such a kick-ass album! It wouldn't hurt to put a song or two in every couple shows. And why cut out A Tout Le Monde? That should be a staple in every Megadeth show.

But, this setlist wasn't bad by any means, I'd have an awesome time if I was actually at this show.

One question, have they ever performed Sudden Death live?

They have NEVER played Sudden Death live as far as I know, and I totally agree with you on the United Abominations part, I'd do anything for 'Burnt Ice' to be on that setlist.

jhdeity
03-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm diggin' the Slayer set for the most part. Silent Scream, Black Magic, The Antichrist!!! But nothing off Hell Awaits or Haunting the Chapel?!
4 songs off Seasons?, i think they can drop Temptation and Dead Skin Mask. At least throw the title track in if you're gonna play 4 songs off that album.

Same ole, same ole from Dave and the boys. She-Wolf, Skin o' My Teeth, Sweating Bullets could be dropped to make room for some Killing is My Business material.

This

The Ghost at Number One
03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
I'd do anything for 'Burnt Ice' to be on that setlist.Weird. Burnt Ice is one of my least favorite Megasongs of all time. I'd rather see them play stuff like Go to Hell, Chosen Ones, 99 Ways to Die, Mary Jane, Looking Down the Cross, and the like. To each his own, though. Honestly, I'd be happy (not to mention thoroughly impressed) if they did some serious set renovation, no matter what they ended up playing. Almost.

Oh, and by the way...format?!

Dextrimental
03-14-2011, 05:20 PM
99 Ways To Die would be my hot tip for an obscurity to be honest, very underrated song by the Deth.

I reckon its much the same mindset as Kerry King and Lars Ulrich, Dave has about ten songs he feels they need to play, when really the list of songs is only about half that, and I still would say any fans version of that list would be very different to theirs.

The Ghost at Number One
03-14-2011, 05:27 PM
At this stage in their career, I believe the only song they "have" to play is Peace Sells.

smearCampaign
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
And why cut out A Tout Le Monde? That should be a staple in every Megadeth show.

Really? That song is good for a bathroom break.

christopher
03-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Really? That song is good for a bathroom break.

hahahaha so true!!! :lol:

velvetgrass
03-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Weird. Burnt Ice is one of my least favorite Megasongs of all time. I'd rather see them play stuff like Go to Hell, Chosen Ones, 99 Ways to Die, Mary Jane, Looking Down the Cross, and the like. To each his own, though. Honestly, I'd be happy (not to mention thoroughly impressed) if they did some serious set renovation, no matter what they ended up playing. Almost.

Totally forgot about that song when writing my critique of the Megadeth setlist. I'd love to hear that one live, it was the first Megadeth song I ever knew. A shame they haven't performed it in so many years.

camby118
03-14-2011, 07:44 PM
I honestly think Wake Up Dead should be a staple. The part at around 2:00 in with the double-bass and such (after Poland's solo) is usually one of the best parts of a Megadeth show for me.
Essentially, they only songs I think NEED to be played are Peace Sells, Wake Up Dead and Holy Wars. Of course they're going to play Symphony every show but I don't love that song. I'm not really crazy about Tornado to be honest, other than the solo it's kinda lackluster.

The Ghost at Number One
03-14-2011, 07:51 PM
I honestly think Wake Up Dead should be a staple. The part at around 2:00 in with the double-bass and such (after Poland's solo) is usually one of the best parts of a Megadeth show for me.
Essentially, they only songs I think NEED to be played are Peace Sells, Wake Up Dead and Holy Wars. Of course they're going to play Symphony every show but I don't love that song. I'm not really crazy about Tornado to be honest, other than the solo it's kinda lackluster.I couldn't agree more about Wake Up Dead, but couldn't agree less about Tornado of Souls.

TheClairvoyant
03-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Weird. Burnt Ice is one of my least favorite Megasongs of all time. I'd rather see them play stuff like Go to Hell, Chosen Ones, 99 Ways to Die, Mary Jane, Looking Down the Cross, and the like. To each his own, though. Honestly, I'd be happy (not to mention thoroughly impressed) if they did some serious set renovation, no matter what they ended up playing. Almost.

Hey don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear shit like 99 Ways to Die etc, but Burnt Ice is easily one of my favourite Megadeth songs, the solo's are just :rocker:, But I do respect your opinion for not liking it.