PDA

View Full Version : Scion Rock Fest -- Pomona, CA -- March 5th, 2011

christopher
03-06-2011, 01:35 AM
I'm not going into a full review right now cause I'm dead tired. People need to add setlists for all the bands I missed. I only saw Primate, Nails, Agalloch, Obituary and Morbid Angel. Definitely know Primate and Morbid Angels set, know a bit of Nails but thats it

Primate

March of the Curmudgeion
Social Seizure
Global Division
Silence in Violence
Hellbound
Headache
Decay/Attack
Wasted Youth
Goon
Draw Back a Stump
Drinking and Driving (Black Flag)
Street Fight
Get the Fuck Off my Lawn
Pride
Reform

Nails

They played most of Unsilent Death, only 15 minutes, don't know the set for sure

Morbid Angel

Rapture
Pain Divine
Maze of Torment
Sworn to the Black
Nevermore
Lord of Fevers and Plague
Immortal Rites
Falling From Grace
Blasphemy
Chapel of Ghouls
Dawn of the Angry
Where the Slime Live
Bil Ur-Sag
Blood on my Hands
God of Emptiness
World of Shit

Morbid Angel was a big let down, they played the same exact set as two years ago. Tim sounded great, just played too fast at times and jumped to the next part too soon. I was able to meet him after and have my...yeah set times signed hahaha. Overall a fun day, I'm glad I ended up going.

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 01:46 AM
I just got back...

Just gonna add my 2 quick cents on the show..

-Standing in the "will call" line from 1 pm to 4pm was a little annoying. I really wish I could have just got my wristband at a record store or something, that would have made the trip here and getting in WAY EASIER. But I still had a ball.

-WORMROT! HOLY LIVING FUCK WERE THESE GUYS INSANE. I Think I may have just found my new favorite band. I would say these guys were really one of my favorite acts during the day. They Really blew me away.

-Maybe it was because I was on the faaar right side of the amps but I thought Woe sounded pretty horrible. Different stroke different folks. I don't think the band sucks, I just think the sound was really bad but It wasn't really the bands fault.

-OBITUARY was amazing as usual. :cool:

- Immolation was good. NOT GREAT. It was my first time seeing them and they sounded decent....but that's it. I definitely wouldn't go see them if they were goin on a headlining tour again.

-I missed all of Atheists set because I was in line trying to get inside to see them but for some reason they weren't letting anyone in, maybe it was too full? I have no clue, all I know is I pretty much stood in line for their entire set and they finally let people in once the band finished playing. I would say this was the shittiest/biggest let down of the night for me :flame:

-Integrity was really awesome, lots of energy, good vibes, Loved their set. The only thing that ruined their set for me was the stupid Hardcore dancing/Karate Ninjas that were swinging their fists and doing the hop scotch dance.

-Anaal Nathrakh was EPIC, EPIC, EPIC!!! The only thing that sucked about their set was that they only played a good 40 minutes while the other "final" bands in the other stages and tents were playing for 60-70 minutes which I thought was pretty bullshit. Anyways, I was pretty much shitting bricks for their entire set. That is all. America Loves you A.N. COME BACK TO AMERICA SOON :party:

-Last but not least. I got to meet one of the members on this board after Anaal Nathrakh was done. That member happens to be Idrinkewine. We just had a quick brief little "YO WHATS CRACKIN, GOOD TO MEET YOU" moment. Idrinkwine, it was awesome meeting you at Scion Rock fest. I forgot to ask you this while we were talking but did you finally get to see death angel? Anyways, hope you did man, and again...good meeting you dude. It's always a pleasure meeting other people on this awesome board. :fist:

Alright I'll stop now, Anyways. Once again, I hope all of you guys got to see all the bands you came for. Hope to hear others experiences. Anyways, i'm off to sleep. It's been a long(and GREAT) fucking day.

:fist:PEACE:fist:

treghet
03-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Well this was an incredible day to say the least. I'd really like to thank Scion for putting this all on for us!

My friend and I arrived a bit before 3 and waited for Wormrot at tent #1. The street had been blocked off and there was a lot of rent-a-cops around, as well as a couple actual ones. There were also a few food trucks there. A lot of people were already lining up to get into the Glasshouse, while others were getting their wristbands at the will call tent. Needless to say, it was really cool to see a whole block of downtown Pomona dedicated to metal for the day.

Wormrot went on as scheduled and the tent filled up immediately. Their sound was spot on and they seemed really happy with the response they were getting. The pit got going pretty good a few times and I joined in. I assume the set was the same as the one from the night before, so refer to vegantopher's thread if you are looking for it. After the finished up I went and bought their CD, Abuse.

Next we headed over to the Fox Theater. We saw Crom's last song and then I bought a Morbid Angel shirt. We went and dropped the stuff off in the car and got some food, then headed over to tent #2 to see Woe. When we got there they had already been playing for a while, but we got to see four songs I believe. I had never listened to them beforehand, but they sounded really good from what I could tell. I'll have to look into them more now.

Right after Woe we headed to the Glasshouse to see Atheist. It was packed when we got in, and within a couple minutes the band started playing. I admit, the sound in the Glasshouse was a little off, but they were still awesome. The set was pretty nice, although I felt it really needed "Unholy War". Kelly was energetic on stage and seemed to be really enjoying himself. I got to talk to him briefly later on and he was really nice. Here's what they played:

Unquestionable Presence
Second to Sun
On They Slay
Mineral
Fraudulent Cloth
Your Life's Retribution
Live and Live Again
An Incarnation's Dream
Piece of Time

Immolation was going to play next so we stayed at the Glasshouse for them. As I mentioned, the sound was a bit off for Atheist, and Immolation had the same problem. The drums were much too loud in the mix. I know Immolation usually has the drums louder than most bands, but they were obnoxiously high this time. And the bass drums sounded really flat. Aside from that, the band was great, as usual. The set was solid, and I'm glad they kept a song from the first album on it. The venue was about as packed as it was for Atheist, so that made it pretty fun, especially considering the last time I saw them there weren't many people.

Hate's Plague
The Purge
Father, You're Not A Father
Den of Thieves
Majesty and Decay
Passion Kill
A Glorious Epoch
Into Everlasting Fire
World Agony
Power and Shame

After Immolation we moved back to the Fox Theater. I was hoping to catch the end of Agalloch, but by the time we got through the line and inside they had already finished. We waited for Obituary to come on and man did they slay. Weren't able to get onto the floor level because it was full, so after a couple songs we went upstairs and watched from the balcony level. I felt the need to be in the pit, but I was happy to at least be seeing them. John Tardy is one of my favorite death metal vocalists, and hearing him live was incredible. He truly sounds like he is dying on stage, letting out the last painful screams before leaving this mortal world. I was very satisfied with their set, and I hope to see them again soon.

Redneck Stomp
On the Floor
Chopped In Half / Turned Inside Out
Dying
The End Complete
Threatening Skies
Forces Realign
Final Thoughts
Internal Bleeding
Blood to Give
Slow Death
Evil Ways
Slowly We Rot

Once Obituary had finished up we headed back downstairs for Morbid Angel. On the left side of the theater the security guy wasn't letting people into the floor level, but I saw some people go down there on the right side, so we went over there to see if we could get in. On that side there was a line set up a couple security guys were letting people in one by one. We were lucky enough to get in! After a little wait the lights went out and the ominous intro began to play. As the stage filled with fog the band slowly appeared and went right into the first song. The pit exploded and people on the sides were getting smashed into. This is the intensity I was hoping for. For the first half of the set I was in and out of the pit, until I started to feel light headed from dehydration. For the rest of the set I stood a bit off to the side, headbanging. I could see why vegantopher would be disappointed seeing the same set over again, but for me it was mesmerizing, since it was my first time seeing the band. They played all of my favorite songs from Altars of Madness and other great stuff. I don't think I have enjoyed a show this much since I saw Carcass on their last tour, and that's saying a lot. Morbid Angel blew me away. And I'll leave it at that.

I hope all of you who attended had a good time as well! :rocker:

larvtard
03-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Sounds like a great time. Sucks that Morbid Angel was packed, but eh.
now where's the fucking group picture :bouville:

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 09:03 AM
We waited for Obituary to come on and man did they slay. Weren't able to get onto the floor level because it was full, so after a couple songs we went upstairs and watched from the balcony level. I felt the need to be in the pit

How late did you get to obituary after immolation finished? After Immolation finished I took my sweet time getting to the fox theater, luckily I was still able to get on to the main pit floor. The best part about their set was the HUGE army of people from the balcony bumrushing the guards and getting into the main pit floor. That was fucking great! A good 40-60 people managed to get on to the main pit floor so It was EVEN MORE PACKED than it should be!! Poor Security guard, he fell straight to the floor as he was getting ran over by a bunch of raging obituary fans. It was like a huge waterfall full of metalheads just splashed him in the face and knocked him straight down, I really can't explain it. The mosh pit(it was just one big pit on the main floor)for Obituary was fucking brutal and I was very happy to be a part of that :rocker:

Also, were you and your friends the first people in line for Wormrot? How far were you from getting inside the tent? I think I may have possibly been behind you guys(I'm not talking about inside the show, I'm just talking about while we waited in line) because I was only maybe 3-4 people away from getting inside the tent while I waited in line.

EDIT: treget, Chopped in half was indeed the 2nd song of the set. But I don't think they played the entire song. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have swore they played another song in between "Chopped in Half". I know for a fact they didn't play the entire song. Maybe a medley? I have no idea, I was too busy moshing and headbanging to pay much attention but I'm pretty certain they didn't play "Chopped in Half" in its entirety. A "medley" if you wanna call it? Unfortunately I don't remember what song it was that they played in between chopped in half. All I remember after the solo is finished they go into another song?

girnny777
03-06-2011, 09:24 AM
They do a Chopped in Half/Turned Inside Out medley.

bigguytoo9
03-06-2011, 11:14 AM
CHOPPED IN HAWWWWW!!!!!!

fuck, this fest would have been insane. I have to see Immolation and Morbid Angel before I die.

jd091
03-06-2011, 11:15 AM
This sounds completely insane. Wish I could have lived a little closer to see this, Morbid Angel in that kind of atmosphere would have been complete mayhem.

I do agree with what was earlier said of Immolation: they were good last fall when I saw 'em, but not great. Vader blew them out of the water as openers, I felt.

mankvill
03-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Sooooo Anaal Nathrakh set plz?

elturtleboy
03-06-2011, 11:22 AM

NEVER

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 11:30 AM

In the Constellation of the Black Widow
Do Not Speak
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child
The Lucifer Effect
Submission Is For The Weak

Those are the only songs I can think of at the top of my Head. By the way manks, Anaal Nathrakh fucking destroyed!! The leader singer gave me and this asian metal head a water bottle(even though he told us to share it with the rest of the crowed) :D

Redneck Stomp
Chopped In Half ?
Turned Inside Out
Dying
The End Complete
Threatening Skies
Forces Realign
Final Thoughts
Contrast the Dead
Blood to Give
Slow Death ?
Evil Ways
Slowly We Rot

I just realized you're missing a song. "Internal Bleeding". I don't remember which number it was, but they definitely played "Internal Bleeding"

christopher
03-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a great time. Sucks that Morbid Angel was packed, but eh.
now where's the fucking group picture :bouville:

Well...Eturtle and I were going to get a group hug picture with Kevin Sharp, but the opportune moment came and I couldnt find Eturtle. Oh well, we're planning on getting a group hug pic with Seth Putnam next month

idrinkwine732
03-06-2011, 12:26 PM

I'll write a full review on my next off shift on the drive home.

Violenti non fit injuria
In The Constellation of the Black*Widow
Final absolution
Submission is for the weak
More of Fire than Blood
...something from Hell Is Empty
Lucifer effect
Lion devours both dragon and child
Do Not Speak
Pandemonic Hyperblast

mankvill
03-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I'll write a full review on my next off shift on the drive home.

Violenti non fit injuria
Final absolution
More of Fire than Blood
Lucifer effect
Do Not Speak
Pandemonic Hyperblast

You better find out what the song from Hell Is Empty...was! :mad:

It was probably one of these: Der Holle Rache Kocht In Meinem Herzen, Screaming Of The Unborn, Shatter The Empyrean, Sanction Extremis (Kill Them All), or Virus Bomb.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't do Bella Omnium Contra Omnes

idrinkwine732
03-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I'll listen to it now and I may recognize it.

But manks...they were absolutely unreal.

mankvill
03-06-2011, 12:39 PM
I'll listen to it now and I may recognize it.

But manks...they were absolutely unreal.

:cool: Makes me happy to know they're still the most extreme metal band on the planet.

You're all welcome for me introducing you to them, damn! :flame:

No, but srsly. Sounds awesome. :shred:

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 12:45 PM
manks...they were absolutely unreal.

This.

You could really tell the singer was having a great time, interacting with the fans in between songs about random rants like his fear of planes and ect(didn't they say they had to borrow other peoples instruments?). I was on the front center rail for the first 7 songs headbanging and holding my spot for dear life. Me and this asian metal head kept screaming "WATER!!?" so The Singer gave me a water bottle(even though he said I should share it with everyone else).:rocker:

It was great meeting you, Idrinkewine. Hopefully will bump into each other again sometime, but I highly doubt that since you live about 8 hours away from me and the chances of us running into each other at a metal show will probably never happen again:hecho: :cool:

christopher
03-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm really bummed out that I decided to see Morbid Angel instead of Anaal Nathrahk. I was happy I saw MA, but I saw the same fucking setlist two years ago when they played the Key Club. I should've just gone outside and saw AN. Second opportunity to see them and I fucked up :mad:

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm really bummed out that I decided to see Morbid Angel instead of Anaal Nathrahk. I was happy I saw MA, but I saw the same fucking setlist two years ago when they played the Key Club. I should've just gone outside and saw AN. Second opportunity to see them and I fucked up :mad:

They were Brutal yet Beautiful at the same time. That's the only way I can describe their performance. Through out the entire set I kept screaming for them to play "When Fire Reigns Down from the Sky Humanity Will reap at his sown"....sadly, no luck. But I still had a blast. A very great and rare opportunity to see these guys and I'm glad I took it. Morbid Angel will most likely return to the U.S for a full blown tour in the summer, especially with the new album dropping in June.

But AN. I don't think will be seeing these guys anytime soon, or at least not until 2012.

christopher
03-06-2011, 01:03 PM
They were Brutal yet Beautiful at the same time. That's the only way I can describe their performance. Through out the entire set I kept screaming for them to play "When Fire Reigns Down from the Sky Humanity Will reap at his sown"....sadly, no luck. But I still had a blast. A very great and rare opportunity to see these guys and I'm glad I took it. Morbid Angel will most likely return to the U.S for a full blown tour in the summer, especially with the new album dropping in June.

But AN. I don't think will be seeing these guys anytime soon, or at least not until 2012.

I know MA will be back a lot sooner than AN. It was the possibility that it might be the only time Tim Yeung performs with MA, and Pete and Tim are my all time favorite drummers. I was hoping they would change up the set and bust out some rare songs like Thy Kingdom Come or Lions Den. I'm seeing AN next time for sure.

rjturtle9
03-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Municipal Waste
Hazardous Mutation Intro/Blood Drive
Accelerated Vision
Mind Eraser
Divine Blasphemer
Headbanger Facerip
Thrashin' of the Christ
Wolves of Chernobyl
Beer Pressure
Black Ice/I Wanna Kill The President
Wrong Answer
Acid Sentence
Terror Shark
Drunk as Shit
Sweet Attack
Nailed Casket
Sadistic Magician
Unleash The Bastards
Born To Party
encore
Pre Game/The Art of Partying :rocker::rocker::rocker:

They played a really short set.

I'll do a mini review of the whole fest later if I feel like it haha

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 01:19 PM
I know MA will be back a lot sooner than AN. It was the possibility that it might be the only time Tim Yeung performs with MA, and Pete and Tim are my all time favorite drummers. I was hoping they would change up the set and bust out some rare songs like Thy Kingdom Come or Lions Den. I'm seeing AN next time for sure.

How'd you enjoy the fest with shitty cracked ribs? Did you play it safe? By playing it safe I mean like NO moshing and stuff? Either way, glad you got to make it out for the show. Did you ever try any of the food at grill em all? After my brief chat with Idrinkewine I decided to finally go get some food from there, but they were closed :(

Did anyone actually try their stuff? Hows the Reign in Bun? Or The holy diver :tongue:

How about the Kreator :dance:

christopher
03-06-2011, 01:31 PM
How'd you enjoy the fest with shitty cracked ribs? Did you play it safe? By playing it safe I mean like NO moshing and stuff? Either way, glad you got to make it out for the show. Did you ever try any of the food at grill em all? After my brief chat with Idrinkewine I decided to finally go get some food from there, but they were closed :(

Did anyone actually try their stuff? Hows the Reign in Bun? Or The holy diver :tongue:

I played it safe the whole time. I showed up around 3 or so to meet up with my friend so that I could give him my wrist band. I found out that I didn't need to stay inside the show area the entire show and could leave if I wanted to. I was about to drive out to Pasadena to pick up another friends wrist band who told me he wasn't going to go, but then some guy gave me his as I was about to leave. I had to go home and get some shit, so I was forced to miss Wormrot and came back in time for Primate. I found a spot in the very front next to the rail and figured no one would go crazy fo Primate, and I was right. I was able to sing along to the songs in peace. I had to move off to the side during Nails cause the pit started up and there were hardcore aerobics everywhere. After that, I went back to my car for a bit to relax, then headed over to the Fox. I found a nice spot on the balcony and just sat there the rest of the night and watched Agalloch, Obituary and MA. I learned something awesome, if I go up to the female bar tenders, tell them I'm in a lot of pain from a cracked rib and ask for a really strong drink, they will give me a glass full of hard liquor for cheap haha. I got a cup of Sailor with a sprinkle of red bull for $7, same price as a beer :D I'm so using that from now on hahaha.

I didn't eat at Grill em All. I don't even think I can eat anything at Grill em All. Most of those roach coaches are not vegan friendly. Too bad they don't have anything for me :(

sixhundredand66
03-06-2011, 01:36 PM
anyone know Integrity's setlist?

jhdeity
03-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I think I would have pissed myself if someone kept yelling...

When Fire Reigns Down from the Sky Humanity Will reap at it has sownnnn!!!!!

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I had to move off to the side during Nails cause the pit started up and there were hardcore aerobics everywhere.

"Hardcore Aeorbics".... :lol:

anyone know Integrity's setlist?

Right after Obituary finished I darted to go see the rest of Integrity's set. It was great to say the least. But I only made for the last 2-3 songs? I Don't remember most of them but they closed the set with "Those who Fear Tomorrow" which was great. I really wanted to mosh for that but it got filled with Hardcore dancing Ninja Masters trying to master the art of doing cartwheel flips and swinging their arms like a baboon.

I think I would have pissed myself if someone kept yelling...

When Fire Reigns Down from the Sky Humanity Will reap at it has sownnnn!!!!!

Yeah, I was getting pretty tired from screaming that long ass title through out most of the night(well, only when a song was finished and everything got really silent).

andrew_metalhead
03-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Had a blast. Death Angel were fucking amazing. My favorite band at the moment, and they didn't disappoint. A friend of mine said to me after their set, "Now I understand your obsession with Death Angel. They are so fucking tight live!"

Rightly said \m/

DA set:

I Chose the Sky :rocker:
Evil Priest :rocker:
Buried Alive :rocker:
Mistress of Pain :rocker:
Claws In So Deep :rocker:
Seemingly Endless Time :rocker:
River of Rapture :rocker:
This Hate :rocker:
Truce :rocker:
Thrashers :rocker:
Thrown to the Wolves :rocker:

NecroRob
03-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Violenti non fit injuria
Final absolution
More of Fire than Blood
Lucifer effect
Do Not Speak
Pandemonic Hyperblast

Aww no The Unbearable Filth of the Soul? That would be my only real complaint with this set I guess. Still a great set :rocker:

andrew_metalhead
03-06-2011, 02:54 PM

Holy Diver was fucking great \m/

treghet
03-06-2011, 03:04 PM
I just realized you're missing a song. "Internal Bleeding". I don't remember which number it was, but they definitely played "Internal Bleeding"

Are you sure? Because I put all the songs in my phone as they were playing them. Also, "Internal Bleeding" hasn't been on their recent setlists that I looked at, so I don't think they did it last night. However, the Chopped in Half / Turned Inside Out medley seems about right. I will go edit that.

And I just listened to "Slow Death" and I specifically remember the part with John playing the floor tom, so I'll remove the question mark from that too.

Oh and I wasn't first in line for Wormrot. I was kind of far back. But maybe you saw me on the side or in the pit when they were playing. I'm pretty small, with short black hair. I was wearing a Death Leprosy shirt.

I didn't eat at Grill em All. I don't even think I can eat anything at Grill em All. Most of those roach coaches are not vegan friendly. Too bad they don't have anything for me :(

I heard from someone that they had a veggie burger!

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Holy Diver was fucking great \m/

Hey andrew, did you ever get to talk to Mark from Death Angel? He was pretty much roaming around Scion rock fest all day and night. I went up to him during the day time and told him how great they were at chain reaction in Anahiem. He shook my hand, said how flattered he was and how it meant a lot to him for me coming out and showing up for the show and ect :D

I assume you got to have your 15 minutes of fame with him as well. I mean its impossible if you didn't, he was LITERALLY roaming all around scion rock fest like any of the other fans, just walking around :cool::tongue:

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Are you sure? Because I put all the songs in my phone as they were playing them. Also, "Internal Bleeding" hasn't been on their recent setlists that I looked at, so I don't think they did it last night. .

Neither did Immolation with "Into Ever Lasting Fire". Last time I checked, it wasn't even on any of the setlists for their recent U.S tour, but they played it at scion rock fest. I'm 110% positive that they played "Internal Bleeding" For one simple reason...

"WE'RE GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO OUR VERY FIRST RECORD, THIS IS, INTERNAL BLEEDIINNNNG" - John

You really don't remember that? Either way, I wouldn't lie to ya treghet. :cool:

treghet
03-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I remember him saying "We're gonna take you back a few records" but I don't recall what song he said that before. If you can remember where it was in the set I'll put it in.

And Ross announced "Into Everlasting Fire". It wasn't on the setlist for their last tour, but they have played it a lot at past shows.

And is it possible the first song on Immolation's set was "Hate's Plague"? I remember it being a pretty short song.

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I remember him saying "We're gonna take you back a few records" but I don't recall what song he said that before. If you can remember where it was in the set I'll put it in.

I remember him saying that as well AND I remember him saying "We're gonna take you back to our very first record, this is INTERNAL BLEEDDDIINNNngah", as for when this was? I wanna say this was 3-4 songs before "Slowly We Rot". If there is one thing that I remember about Obituarys set, it was hearing "Internal Bleeding" because I kept screaming for them to play "Godly beings" or just anything off the first record and this was around the same exact time they decided to go into "Internal Bleeding". Also, how did you and your buddy end up on the balcony for Obituary? It sounds like we both went to see Obituary at the same time but ended with different outcomes, I ended up getting into the main floor level while you had to go to the balcony level?

treghet
03-06-2011, 03:39 PM
My friend wanted to sit down, so we just went up there, since I couldn't get into the floor level. I probably could have got in on the other side like I did for Morbid Angel, but I didn't realize that until later. It's not a big deal though, it was still awesome. The balcony was pretty packed though, and I bet it was the same for when Morbid Angel played. I read that they let in too many people for Morbid Angel and the fire marshal declared it was over capacity, so they couldn't let in anybody else, even if people were walking out.

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 03:50 PM
My friend wanted to sit down, so we just went up there, since I couldn't get into the floor level. I probably could have got in on the other side like I did for Morbid Angel, but I didn't realize that until later. It's not a big deal though, it was still awesome. The balcony was pretty packed though, and I bet it was the same for when Morbid Angel played. I read that they let in too many people for Morbid Angel and the fire marshal declared it was over capacity, so they couldn't let in anybody else, even if people were walking out.

Yeah, I heard about that actually. I remember going back to my car and hearing some girl bitching on the phone saying "THEY WOULDN'T LET ME IN FOR MORBID ANGEL" or something to that extent. I'm glad you got to make it in and see them :fist:

I think My "show of 2011" may have arrived a little early, still too soon....but a really great way to kick off the new year :rocker:

treghet
03-06-2011, 03:54 PM
I remember him saying that as well AND I remember him saying "We're gonna take you back to our very first record, this is INTERNAL BLEEDDDIINNNngah", as for when this was? I wanna say this was 3-4 songs before "Slowly We Rot". If there is one thing that I remember about Obituarys set, it was hearing "Internal Bleeding" because I kept screaming for them to play "Godly beings" or just anything off the first record and this was around the same exact time they decided to go into "Internal Bleeding". Also, how did you and your buddy end up on the balcony for Obituary? It sounds like we both went to see Obituary at the same time but ended with different outcomes, I ended up getting into the main floor level while you had to go to the balcony level?

I think I might have got it mixed up with "Contrast the Dead" somehow. Because I'm listening to it now, and I don't think they played it. Does that sound that right? That's about where you said it was played, too.

EDIT: And I just scrolled through the news section on Obituary's site and they said for the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise "We are bustn' out some old classics that we have [not] played in a while for this show, so this is going to be awesome!" So it seems a lot more likely that they decided to play "Internal Bleeding", since they probably played it on the cruise.

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I think I might have got it mixed up with "Contrast the Dead" somehow. Because I'm listening to it now, and I don't think they played it. Does that sound that right? That's about where you said it was played, too.

oh snap! Now its all coming back together, Now I remember!

They played "Internal Bleeding" RIGHT After Final Thought. I know because I was going all out during "Final Thought", and then when they went into "Internal Bleeding" I left the pit for a minute, I kind of had to stop and catch my breath cause I had no water and I was getting pretty drained....after a minute...I went back to finish what I started. I remember little things like these for some reason.

They didn't Maybe play it or could have played it. They did IN FACT play "Internal Bleeding" right after Final Thought(or was it right before it?). Either way, they most definitely played both songs around the same time, while nearing the end of the set.

treghet
03-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the help. I think we've got the set correct now! :cool:

And I just put "Hate's Plague" as Immolation's first song in my post, since I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

Sepultura69
03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the help. I think we've got the set correct now! :cool:

And I just put "Hate's Plague" as Immolation's first song in my post, since I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

No problem, man. You know what? Kind of random, but... During most Wormrots set I kept saying to myself "Goddamn if these guys ever played at the Chain Reaction I would be there in a heart beat".

The Chain Reaction would be a the perfect place for a band like Wormrot to play. In fact, I can easily see them playing there one day. :rocker:

treghet
03-06-2011, 04:31 PM
No problem, man. You know what? Kind of random, but... During most Wormrots set I kept saying to myself "Goddamn if these guys ever played at the Chain Reaction I would be there in a heart beat".

The Chain Reaction would be a the perfect place for a band like Wormrot to play. In fact, I can easily see them playing there one day. :rocker:

Definitely. That would be insane seeing them there.

christopher
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Dude, I saw Wormrot at the Blvd in Boyle Heights on Friday. That place is easily half the size of the Chain. It was fucking crazy in there. I missed Wormrot at Scion cause I had to go home for a bit to get my meds for the show cause I didn't think I was gong. I heard it was crazy though. Can't wait for the new album to drop and another US tour :rocker:

christopher
03-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I was able to meet Tim Yeung after the show :finger: I was waiting at the band exit for the Fox and saw Tim walking around inside, so I figured I would wait a few minutes for him to exit so I could finally meet him. I have been obsessed with his drumming ever since I saw him perform with Vital Remains in 2006 at the LA murderfest. I'm glad I got to see him perform with MA. He actually played the drum parts faster than Pete, but it sucked that the rest of the band played at normal speed. It would have been cool to see MA play faster than normal. Well I had nothing but a printed copy of the set times to sign, but I shall cherish it for a long time :D

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199926_1537491648988_1585778615_31030795_3584045_n .jpg

andrew_metalhead
03-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey andrew, did you ever get to talk to Mark from Death Angel? He was pretty much roaming around Scion rock fest all day and night. I went up to him during the day time and told him how great they were at chain reaction in Anahiem. He shook my hand, said how flattered he was and how it meant a lot to him for me coming out and showing up for the show and ect :D

I assume you got to have your 15 minutes of fame with him as well. I mean its impossible if you didn't, he was LITERALLY roaming all around scion rock fest like any of the other fans, just walking around :cool::tongue:

Yeah yeah I said hello to him during the afternoon .. and after their set I was hanging out with them for a long time. Talked to Ted, and did a quick interview with Rob. Their camera guy was filming them on and off stage, I'm guessing for a documentary or something, and he filmed my interview too! I'm pretty much obsessed with DA, and enjoyed every minute of their performance. I'm seeing them again in Ventura on April 22nd.

idrinkwine732
03-06-2011, 06:58 PM
So I just got back from the drive, which was incredibly brutal. Basically only made two stops, so 4 hour driving shifts really drain it out of you. Anyway, let's recap the day!

Wormrot:

Didn't really expect much from them, because I wasn't very familiar with them at all. However, the Singaporean trio did a really great job. Arif was absolutely incredible for the entire set. They probably had the biggest crowd of the early bands because they were the first band to go on, so a whole bunch of people got to see them tear the place up. They were an excellent start to the day, and got the generally thrash kid audience warmed up.

Dark Castle:

Wormrot ended really early for some reason, so I made my way to the second tent to see whoever was playing there. Turns out it was two piece blackened doom drone something band, Dark Castle. They ruled. That simple. They reminded me a lot of Black Cobra, who also were a two piece playing the fest. They weren't similar in sound at all, but their stage presence was identical. Stevie Floyd has a sort of bark that just chills the soul. I recognized their name from somewhere, but wasn't sure where. I just checked, and they're on Profound Lore. I don't think that label can have a band that doesn't fucking rule on it.

Woe:

I wandered a bit, checking out some other bands. I think I saw a bit of Bonded by Blood between Dark Castle and the next band I saw in full, Woe. I was really impressed with them, but I think they have a lot of adapting to do for a live setting. Chris kept forgetting the mic needs to be in front of him in order for his vocals to be amplified. He did get really into the music a few times, but I think that Woe had already lost the audience at that point. I thought they were a barrel of fun though, and totally would go see them again.

Atheist:

I zoomed right over to the Glass House, which wasn't an impressive venue, if you ask me. However, Atheist were fantastic. Kelly gives off a sort of bro-crossed-with-Bret-Michaels vibe, which sort of bothered me, but I really liked their set. They did a great job of mixing in a few Jupiter tunes with an appropriate amount of older songs. I was really disappointed that we didn't get Mother Man. I was really looking forward to that. I hope they tour under Jupiter a lot more, because I'd want to see a full set from these guys.

I ate at Grill Em All after Atheist. I got the Samoa Joe, and it fucking ruled. I wish I was more adventurous and got the Behemoth, but I wasn't that hungry.

Agalloch:

So. Here I am. Seeing Agalloch. Again. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go see them, I mean, how many times could you see this hipster piece of shit band before you get bored? The answer is never. They still rule live, and were just as good before if not better. With that said, there were a few slip ups. John didn't sound so good at the beginning of the set, but he got it worked out by the end. Sounded like he had a bad cold or something. There was a glaring omission of Limbs, but I liked seeing Falling Snow. I'm really happy I chose to see them again.

Into the Painted Grey
Falling Snow
Watcher's Monolith
Not Unlike the Waves
Bloodbirds

That other set didn't have Not Unlike the Waves. I'm certain they played it.

Death Angel:

Finally does not do justice. I was so ready to see these guys. Perhaps it was the ideal of seeing one of the bands that got me into metal, but I wasn't as happy as I thought I'd be. I mean, they were excellent and Mark sounded great, but I expected to be hit harder. I really liked them ending with Thrown to the Wolves and Thrashers was fucking awesome. I still need to see Kill As One, and I would have liked Dethroned also. Still, I'm very happy I crossed these guys off the bucket list, and will not allow any acts of God to stop me from seeing them in my home town again.

I went and saw the last ten minutes of Obituary and the first ten of Morbid Angel. Morbid Angel were so good. I mean, it was hard for me to walk out of there. But, there was a certain band from Birmingham that I just had to go watch.

Anaal Nathrakh:

Insane. Absolutely unreal. I haven't ever seen a set quite like it. They found a way to make the compelling aspects of a grind show, a genre that I'm not too fond of, combine with the musical aspects of a black metal show, a genre I absolutely love. Dave is an absolute animal on stage, and put on a vocal performance that will never be beaten in my eyes. Their sound was absolutely stellar, and they found the proper mix to get that layered vocal sound that makes the Anaal Nathrakh listening experience so unique. Really, I may never see an extreme metal band be this good live ever again.

Wormrot: 8.5/10
Dark Castle: 8/10
Woe: 7/10
Atheist: 8.5/10
Grill Em All: 10/10
Agalloch: 10/10
Death Angel: 8.5/10
Anaal Nathrakh: 10/10

Now, I have a grievance to air. There is a huge difference between the scene in San Francisco and the LA area. It may be me not being used to the LA "thrasher" crowd, being a pussy or something but I was appalled at the behavior from some of the people. Not being helped up in the pit. Random fights. Rudeness to the security guards. I've always fought for metal concerts being a lot more centered around brotherhood than violence, but I wouldn't have been able to say that about yesterday. It was hard for me to truly believe that I belonged there.

DethMaiden
03-06-2011, 07:10 PM
GOD I hope I'm in town the weekend Anaal Nathrakh plays London. :snivel: :snivel: I want it.

Wizzbang11
03-06-2011, 07:15 PM
How did NONE of you people see Christian Mistress?

andrew_metalhead
03-06-2011, 07:21 PM

I did, and really liked them :) But not sure of their set list.

idrinkwine732
03-06-2011, 07:21 PM

I saw maybe half a song before Dark Castle. I wasn't really into it though, so I left.

JRA
03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
That Morbid Angel set: :hmm: It's not bad, but they definitely need to change it. Do they really need to play 7 songs from Altars of Madness and Covenant each? And for fucks sake, they play more songs from Domination than from Blessed Are The Sick! That's just wrong.

idrinkwine732
03-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Do they really need to play 7 songs from Altars of Madness
Yes.
Do they really need to play 7 songs from Covenant
No.
And for fucks sake, they play more songs from Domination than from Blessed Are The Sick! That's just wrong.
Yes. Definitely

Frankly, I'd be a little frustrated with that set if I saw them, but I'd still be head over heels with seeing them at all.

You're all welcome for me introducing you to them, damn! :flame:

You actually do deserve thanks, even if this was tongue in cheek. I had already listened to and discarded them, and if it wasn't for your slightly annoying fanboyism I wouldn't have given them another change. If we ever argue, use that card. You deserve it.

treghet
03-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Honestly, I would have liked to hear more from Blessed Are the Sick but that set still kicks ass. How many bands still play that much old stuff?

christopher
03-06-2011, 08:25 PM

I saw em for a second but wasn't diggin it

JRA
03-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Honestly, I would have liked to hear more from Blessed Are the Sick but that set still kicks ass. How many bands still play that much old stuff?

Like I said it wasn't offensive, but they really need to switch it up. They could at least drop 2 Covenant songs and 1 Altars song foe 3 Blessed songs. Or at least switch the songs they are playing (I'd rather hear Angel of Disease over Blood On My Hands any day).

Wizzbang11
03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I've never seen CM live, but I loved their album and had I gone they would have been one of the bands I'd make a point to check out.

Altars is the only Morbid Angel album I absolutely worship, so I'll take as many songs off it as possible. Blessed is boring as shit, Covenant is pretty cool, Domination is decent and the rest just sucks.

christopher
03-06-2011, 08:52 PM

You also have to realize they have 4 albums to really play from at the moment, they will have 5 when the new one is dropped. Dave Vincent doesn't want to play anything he wasn't apart of. Its still kind of shocking he plays Bil Ur Sag.

elturtleboy
03-06-2011, 09:00 PM
God damn I have no idea were to start. Im still sore as fuck.Bands I didnt see that Im bummbed i didnt see were Morbid Angel,Obituary,Atheist,and Integrity(seen em) and Crom(awww!). So me and my buds got there. I love my local bands so I saw and talked to Big Mike of DxAxFx and RF7,Marty of SMD(free stickers!),Sergio of one of one my favorite bands ACxDC,Cynthia of Despise You,Moose from Scythe,Premuntion dudes,Konan of Exmortus and Alladin the original singer of Bonded By Blood.

First band that played and probably the 2nd most band I wanted to see was Wormrot. This band is a 3 piece for Singapore. I wanted to see em the day before but I had no cash. Ive been a huge fan of these guys for a while and seeing them live made me love love them a million times more. Before they started I saw the guitar n drummer hanging out. I told them how much I love them and they were happy. I got a shirt right away. They started and People went nuts. Tho they were the first band to play at the tent,they were the band most people wanted to see there. They started and I went nuts. I kept screaming the whole time and headbanging and dancing stupidly. The singer told people to buy merch then I yelled "I alredy did!" and he pointed at me and said "Fuck yeah!". RJTurtles gf hated them!

Up next was another of my favorite Grind bands;Fuck the Facts. Now get this. Last time I saw them was in July I believe. The singer Mel was like 5 months pregnant and sang her ass off. Never have I been so amaze by a singers performance. They were setting up I yelled at guitar player Topon Dos and thanked him for the free dvd I won in their contest :). They started off and they did a really good job this time. Topon told me their last show sucked ass. Im guessing cause not many people were there and since she was about to pop. They played sooo much better today and im glad they've been doing this for 10 years already. I suggest you see them when you can.

I had recently found out that singer Kevin Sharp has a new band called Primate with the guitar player of Mastodon. Right away I excited for this since I knew they were playing this fest. They barley started doing everything but they just released their EP that I have to listen to as well. Barefoot Kevin once again made my hair rise and I was swingin my head all over the place and singing a long to their Black flag cover of Drinking & Driving. I'm a huge fan of Kevin Sharp. And he was really nice enough to take a pic with me.

After Primate I tried to go in line for Atheist. Yeahh it was bigger than a donkey dick so that wasn't gonna happen. Good thing I had a back up plan in case: Go back to the Grind tent and watch Nails since I seem to miss them every single time. This could've been my 3rd time seeing them for free too! But I ditched in the summer cause another band was playing(bad choice) and I couldn't get inside for the scion show :(. Plus I missed the Ceremony show last week. Anywho,I finally saw em. Of coarse the fan base was huge and the Grind tent ive been in all day got kinda crowded. I lost my spot upfront but fuck it. They did a great job and did almost everything of their Unsilent Death EP. If your into Crusty hxc this bands for you. Ill be seeing these guys again soon.

After we went go get grub at Grill 'Em All(look it up) and pee brakes. Me and my two Grind buddies were tired as fuck. No one else was playing so I saw Black Breath again for the 3rd(free) time. As always the satanic hardcore band was great but 2 fights broke out and someone threw a stink bomb. After being at the Grind tent all day it time to leave it. Black Breath never disappoints.

I had to make a drastic move. I really didn't wanna miss Municipal Waste but I wanted to see Obituary. And after the line I saw for Atheist I didn't wanna risk it. So I sadly ditched Obituary for Thrash legends Death Angel. I saw em last year and they put on a really good show. I went upstairs to see them with RJT cause we both wanted save our energy for the Waste! Overall Death Angel did a great job.

Finally I get down stairs and all my main buddys i was wit all day meet up. Unfortunately my buddy who went to Obituary came in like nothing. So that sucked. Waste was setting up. Twice that day I ran into Bass player Landphil(also of Cannabis Corpse). I hugged him and asked if there would ever a be a Waste/Cannabis Corpse/No Friends show. He laughed and didn't answer me when i asked if he was high. Guitar player Ryan Waste was fixing his Mic stand. People were yelling MW stuff to him but I yelled "VULTURE!". He looked for me then gave me a sticker. I yelled at drummer for a Black Army Jacket reunion. He smiled. Waste started place went nuts. Coming in the Roseanne theme song made it more brutal. I was screaming and singing along. The crowed was lame. No one tried to pick me up and some girl started punching me cause I accidentally grabbed her hair. Guess the was a lot of peoples first thrash show. Throwing beer at the audience and staring wall of deaths are one of the many reason EVERYONE need to see The Waste. All I can say about it is FUCK! WHAT A RUSHHHHH!

Sorry Manks,I was way toooo tired to enjoy AN but i saw em. They did a great job and all but i was tooo pooped to get intot hem. Overall this was a badass fuckin show.

treghet
03-06-2011, 09:22 PM
...but 2 fights broke out and someone threw a stink bomb.

No one tried to pick me up and some girl started punching me cause I accidentally grabbed her hair.

Those parts must have sucked, but otherwise pretty cool. We only saw one of the same bands (Wormrot), so I'm glad you posted a review. I wanted to know how the rest of the show was, since there was so much going on all day.

elturtleboy
03-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Those parts must have sucked, but otherwise pretty cool. We only saw one of the same bands (Wormrot), so I'm glad you posted a review. I wanted to know how the rest of the show was, since there was so much going on all day.

I didnt see u this time! I figured u were gonna be at the death/black metal bands all day.

treghet
03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
I didnt see u this time! I figured u were gonna be at the death/black metal bands all day.

I saw you guys walk by me before Wormrot but I didn't want to barge in because it looked like you guys were having a conversation. And then I didn't see you after that. We will meet again... one day!

elturtleboy
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
I saw you guys walk by me before Wormrot but I didn't want to barge in because it looked like you guys were having a conversation. And then I didn't see you after that. We will meet again... one day!

haha nah man! Come say hi anytime u see us! Even if im crying

treghet
03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
haha nah man! Come say hi anytime u see us! Even if im crying

I'd come make you feel better <3

christopher
03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Did anyone see the Colonel? I was looking for him cause I need a replacement Sorrower cd cause my friend fucking scratched it before I could save it to my computer:mad: I thought I saw him in a General Surgery shirt, but wasn't sure.

elturtleboy
03-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Did anyone see the Colonel? I was looking for him cause I need a replacement Sorrower cd cause my friend fucking scratched it before I could save it to my computer:mad: I thought I saw him in a General Surgery shirt, but wasn't sure.

i saw a shitload of crusty guys with dreads and grind shirts. I couldnt point him out :(

andrew_metalhead
03-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Here's my video of Municipal Waste's wall of death/moshpit. LMAO @ guy dancing during first 5 seconds. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qy8a_v5MjE

andrew_metalhead
03-06-2011, 11:41 PM

It's Turtle Boy! He loves being barged into.

xStructualDefect
03-07-2011, 03:31 AM
i figured there'd be a lot of people from this board that attended this show based on the lineup, so i decided to stop by this board and write a review.

the main reason i went was for Municipal Waste. i most likely would have went anyways even if they didn't play because it was a free event and it'd be awesome to check out some legendary metal bands. i went to this show with just one of my friends who also came primarily for Municipal Waste. we arrive at the area around 1:30ish. i have been to the glasshouse at least 6x, so it was really cool seeing that whole area blocked off for this metal festival filled with metalheads. it was a bit tiring to wait in the will call line for like an hour and a half, but the wait went by pretty fast actually. after getting our wrist bands we went to get some jack in the box and come back in time to catch some of Wormrot.

after getting back from eating, we watch the first band of the day at tent #1, Wormrot. at first they kind of bored me, but after about 10 minutes i enjoyed them. i have heard of this band many times before and when i checked them out prior to the show i thought they were alright, just not something i'd probably listen to on my own time honestly. but overall i enjoyed their set and they were a great way to kick off the festival.

next band was Fuck the Facts. like Wormrot, i have heard of this band before and i knew they had a chck singer so i wanted to check them out and see what they were all about. it was siuprising to see that voice come out of a chick honestly. i enjoyed their set but not as much as Wormrot. i left after 15 minutes because i wanted to see Bonded By Blood who were just starting.

i have been a fan of Bonded By Blood for maybe 2 years. i've known about this band for awhile since i remember this band playing local shows all the time back in '07/'08 before they got big. i had also just seen them last week with Death Angel in hollywood. but i was still stoked to see them again. when i got in they had already started their first song even though i got there 5 minutes ahead of time. they played great but i miss their old singer, but the new singer still did a good job. there were a few good circle pits going on for their set. i honestly didn't really enjoy their new album, so i was primarily really into their set when they played songs off Feed The Beast. those songs happened to be Immortal Life, Mind Pollution, and Feed The Beast, which they closed with. overall they great and i really enjoyed them.

next up was Athiest. i was interested in seeing them but i wanted some water so my friend and i walked down to street to get some. i had planned on walking in the glasshouse maybe 10minutes into their set but to my suprise their was a huge line and no one was getting in for Athiest. bummer since i wanted to check them out. i never got into Athiest honestly but from what i remember they sounded good.

next band i saw was Immolation. i don't really listen to death metal overall but i was interested in seeing them. overall i thought they were good but not amazing or anything.

next up was Death Angel. i felt bad because i heard a lot of people saying they were gonna go watch Obituary instead. i had just seen Death Angel last week but i decided to watch the first 15minutes of their set, leave and watch at least 20 minutes of Obituary, and come back and see the last 10 or so minutes of Death Angel, and i did just that. Death Angel like last week, were tight live. too bad their crowd wasn't that big at all. i went across the street to the Fox Theater to check out Obituary and that venue was pretty packed. i had never been to that venue actually but it's a theater very similar looking to the Avalon, Wiltern, and the Music Box for those in the LA area. the main pit floor for Obituary was packed to the fullest and they weren't letting anyone else in. Obituary sounded very tight live and the crowd on the floor were very into it. the pits were looking pretty intense. like i said before, i don't really listen to death metal, tried it many times for a few years but it never works out, but this band slayed live. i wish i could have watched them more but i only watched them for about 20 minutes because i wanted to be inside the glasshouse and wait for Municipal Waste so i could guarantee my spot inside the venue and not get lucked out with a big line with no one getting in like what happened with Athiest. so i came back and watched the rest of Death Angel and they were awesome.

after a 20 or so minute wait was the reason i came to this fest: Municipal Waste. the first and only time i have seen them was with At The Gates back in 2008 but not much people were into them. i have been wanting to see them again after getting into them, but i wasn't into them THAT much back then, plus i never had anyone to go with, but for the past year i have been listening to them a lot and have been really wanting to see them again. funny thing now is that A LOT of my friends like Municipal Waste after showing them before and they didn't like them. anyways, the Waste got on stage and fucking thrashed. they were a grip of fun. lots of a circle pits, a wall of death, lots of singing along, etc. i think a smaller venue would be a better fit for them, but they still slayed.

after seeing the Waste i was very satisfied with this entire day. my plan was to check out Morbid Angel afterwards and catch the last 45 minutes of them but i'm sure that was everyone's plan who watched the Waste. the line was veery long for them and they weren't letting anyone else in the venue because of over capacity. i'm not bummed about not seeing them since i don't listen to them, but it still would have been a treat to see the death metal legends.

i saw the singer of Municipal Waste after their set hanging out so i talked to him for a bit. he was a really cool dude and was really thankful that a lot of people watched them instead of Morbid Angel because he was saying he was worried everyone would be at Morbid Angel and that their crowd was gonna be empty lol. after talking to him for a bit i checked out Anaal Nathrakh. to be honest i really didn't like their studio work from checking them out before, but they really brought it live. everyone in the front was very into it. i only watched them for 20 minutes because i was very exhausted and i wanted to go home and sleep.

anyways this show was a blast. i saw and talked to rjturtle a few times, talked to andrewmetalhead at the end of the show, and saw some other metalhead friends i see at shows every now and then. and even though i wouldn't listen to most of these bands on my own time, all of them brought it with their live show. Obituary impressed me the most besides Municipal Waste.

if anyone saw me i was the somewhat dark-skinned guy with the spiked hair, cut sleeved black/red/yellow children of bodom tour shirt from 2008, black shorts, and most people would say i'm a bit muscular too. maybe i should've came on this board before the festival and said what i was wearing so some people could say what's up but oh well :lol: anyways this show was a blast and very much a memorable day. the only bummer was not seeing Athiest but i'm not too bummed about that.

Natrlhi
03-07-2011, 07:55 AM
I think My "show of 2011" may have arrived a little early, still too soon....but a really great way to kick off the new year :rocker:Scion Rock Fest 2010 was scheduled within a week of this year's fest in terms of when it falls within the year, and I can tell you that it eventually managed to outshine all other shows I saw last year (in fact, here's my official list) (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=328422&postcount=15). Mind you, this is in a year when I saw High on Fire, Nile, Red Sparowes, Arch Enemy, Watain, Primus, The Sword, Caspian and Triptykon. I'd say that's a pretty damned good show. :fist:

Glad you all had a blast. I would have been conflicted as balls regarding the whole Anaal Nathrakh / Morbid Angel thing, but in the end I would've chosen Anaal Nathrakh because Morbid Angel will likely be back around sometime soon touring for the new album, which is definitely going to be released this year sometime from what I've read (finally).

Didn't anybody see Kvelertak, though? They are one of the main reasons I would have wanted to go to this show. Judging by their debut album, I would think they would be a hell of a fun band to see live.

DethMaiden
03-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Kvelertak had their visas and passports stolen and didn't make it out to the Fest.

Natrlhi
03-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Kvelertak had their visas and passports stolen and didn't make it out to the Fest.
Oh yeah, that's right - I read about that somewhere. That sucks. They could have really used the exposure, and the crowd would've probably loved them.

Sepultura69
03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
i figured there'd be a lot of people from this board that attended this show based on the lineup, so i decided to stop by this board and write a review.

the main reason i went was for Municipal Waste. i most likely would have went anyways even if they didn't play because it was a free event and it'd be awesome to check out some legendary metal bands. i went to this show with just one of my friends who also came primarily for Municipal Waste. we arrive at the area around 1:30ish. i have been to the glasshouse at least 6x, so it was really cool seeing that whole area blocked off for this metal festival filled with metalheads. it was a bit tiring to wait in the will call line for like an hour and a half, but the wait went by pretty fast actually. after getting our wrist bands we went to get some jack in the box and come back in time to catch some of Wormrot.

after getting back from eating, we watch the first band of the day at tent #1, Wormrot. at first they kind of bored me, but after about 10 minutes i enjoyed them. i have heard of this band many times before and when i checked them out prior to the show i thought they were alright, just not something i'd probably listen to on my own time honestly. but overall i enjoyed their set and they were a great way to kick off the festival.

next band was Fuck the Facts. like Wormrot, i have heard of this band before and i knew they had a chck singer so i wanted to check them out and see what they were all about. it was siuprising to see that voice come out of a chick honestly. i enjoyed their set but not as much as Wormrot. i left after 15 minutes because i wanted to see Bonded By Blood who were just starting.

i have been a fan of Bonded By Blood for maybe 2 years. i've known about this band for awhile since i remember this band playing local shows all the time back in '07/'08 before they got big. i had also just seen them last week with Death Angel in hollywood. but i was still stoked to see them again. when i got in they had already started their first song even though i got there 5 minutes ahead of time. they played great but i miss their old singer, but the new singer still did a good job. there were a few good circle pits going on for their set. i honestly didn't really enjoy their new album, so i was primarily really into their set when they played songs off Feed The Beast. those songs happened to be Immortal Life, Mind Pollution, and Feed The Beast, which they closed with. overall they great and i really enjoyed them.

next up was Athiest. i was interested in seeing them but i wanted some water so my friend and i walked down to street to get some. i had planned on walking in the glasshouse maybe 10minutes into their set but to my suprise their was a huge line and no one was getting in for Athiest. bummer since i wanted to check them out. i never got into Athiest honestly but from what i remember they sounded good.

next band i saw was Immolation. i don't really listen to death metal overall but i was interested in seeing them. overall i thought they were good but not amazing or anything.

next up was Death Angel. i felt bad because i heard a lot of people saying they were gonna go watch Obituary instead. i had just seen Death Angel last week but i decided to watch the first 15minutes of their set, leave and watch at least 20 minutes of Obituary, and come back and see the last 10 or so minutes of Death Angel, and i did just that. Death Angel like last week, were tight live. too bad their crowd wasn't that big at all. i went across the street to the Fox Theater to check out Obituary and that venue was pretty packed. i had never been to that venue actually but it's a theater very similar looking to the Avalon, Wiltern, and the Music Box for those in the LA area. the main pit floor for Obituary was packed to the fullest and they weren't letting anyone else in. Obituary sounded very tight live and the crowd on the floor were very into it. the pits were looking pretty intense. like i said before, i don't really listen to death metal, tried it many times for a few years but it never works out, but this band slayed live. i wish i could have watched them more but i only watched them for about 20 minutes because i wanted to be inside the glasshouse and wait for Municipal Waste so i could guarantee my spot inside the venue and not get lucked out with a big line with no one getting in like what happened with Athiest. so i came back and watched the rest of Death Angel and they were awesome.

after a 20 or so minute wait was the reason i came to this fest: Municipal Waste. the first and only time i have seen them was with At The Gates back in 2008 but not much people were into them. i have been wanting to see them again after getting into them, but i wasn't into them THAT much back then, plus i never had anyone to go with, but for the past year i have been listening to them a lot and have been really wanting to see them again. funny thing now is that A LOT of my friends like Municipal Waste after showing them before and they didn't like them. anyways, the Waste got on stage and fucking thrashed. they were a grip of fun. lots of a circle pits, a wall of death, lots of singing along, etc. i think a smaller venue would be a better fit for them, but they still slayed.

after seeing the Waste i was very satisfied with this entire day. my plan was to check out Morbid Angel afterwards and catch the last 45 minutes of them but i'm sure that was everyone's plan who watched the Waste. the line was veery long for them and they weren't letting anyone else in the venue because of over capacity. i'm not bummed about not seeing them since i don't listen to them, but it still would have been a treat to see the death metal legends.

i saw the singer of Municipal Waste after their set hanging out so i talked to him for a bit. he was a really cool dude and was really thankful that a lot of people watched them instead of Morbid Angel because he was saying he was worried everyone would be at Morbid Angel and that their crowd was gonna be empty lol. after talking to him for a bit i checked out Anaal Nathrakh. to be honest i really didn't like their studio work from checking them out before, but they really brought it live. everyone in the front was very into it. i only watched them for 20 minutes because i was very exhausted and i wanted to go home and sleep.

anyways this show was a blast. i saw and talked to rjturtle a few times, talked to andrewmetalhead at the end of the show, and saw some other metalhead friends i see at shows every now and then. and even though i wouldn't listen to most of these bands on my own time, all of them brought it with their live show. Obituary impressed me the most besides Municipal Waste.

if anyone saw me i was the somewhat dark-skinned guy with the spiked hair, cut sleeved black/red/yellow children of bodom tour shirt from 2008, black shorts, and most people would say i'm a bit muscular too. maybe i should've came on this board before the festival and said what i was wearing so some people could say what's up but oh well :lol: anyways this show was a blast and very much a memorable day. the only bummer was not seeing Athiest but i'm not too bummed about that.

I KNEW IT!!! I knew it!, I knew it. Dude, I saw you waiting in line next to me at the will call. I remember what you look like from your posts on the "post pictures thread". Fuck, man. I actually wanted to go up to you and say whats up! But I was worried it wasn't you. You had spiked hair? Right? Dude, you were right next to me at the will call line(at around 2pm-3pm). Damn, I kept saying to myself "Dude, this guy looks so familiar, I think this guy is from metalsetlist.com"....damn. I wanted to go up to you and say "HEY WHATS UP, Aren't you xstructivdefect from metal setlist?", but I was worried it might have not been you and I would of been a little embarrassed if I got the wrong guy.

Bunnywithachainsaw
03-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Does anyone have the Dark Castle setlist from Scion? Also, does anyone know who their guest vocalist was?

idrinkwine732
03-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Does anyone have the Dark Castle setlist from Scion? Also, does anyone know who their guest vocalist was?

I'm about to listen to Spirited Migration and see if I can recognize anything. I'll let you know.

ferocious_fetus
03-07-2011, 11:57 AM
just discovered this site while scouring the web for Scion Rock Fest feeback. I had a blast! I'm always down for free Scion shows....but this was ridiculous!

my personal highlights were:
Wormrot
finally seeing Fuck The Facts after 5+ years of waiting
Immolation
ANAAL NATHRAKH

caught partial sets from Woe, Primate, Atheist, Dark Angel, Bastard Noise, Obituary's last song and Morbid Angel as well.
Wish I could have seen Floor and Agalloch but hey, it's all free so I can't complain too much.

I have videos from Anaal Nathrakh's closing set and most the other bands I saw over on my youtube channel for the curious:
http://www.youtube.com/user/fullmetaljoker#p/u

BloodoftheKings
03-07-2011, 12:25 PM
just discovered this site while scouring the web for Scion Rock Fest feeback. I had a blast! I'm always down for free Scion shows....but this was ridiculous!

Wormrot
Immolation
ANAAL NATHRAKH

caught partial sets from Woe, Primate, Atheist, Dark Angel, Bastard Noise, Obituary's last song and Morbid Angel as well.
Wish I could have seen Floor and Agalloch but hey, it's all free so I can't complain too much.

I have videos from Anaal Nathrakh's closing set and most the other bands I saw over on my youtube channel for the curious:

Welcome to the site, I love your username.

idrinkwine732
03-07-2011, 12:32 PM

I'm about to listen to Spirited Migration and see if I can recognize anything. I'll let you know.

So they definitely played Awake in Sleep and Into the Past, which was heavy as fuck. Seriously, makes the album version look like shit.

I'm having trouble with other parts though, A Depth Returns sounds familiar, but I'm not sure.

Sepultura69
03-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Wormrot
Immolation
ANAAL NATHRAKH

http://images.whatport80.com/images/thumb/c/cf/Trollface.jpg/400px-Trollface.jpg

Sepultura69
03-07-2011, 01:04 PM
I was appalled at the behavior from some of the people. Not being helped up in the pit.
:confused:

During all of Obituarys set I was in the pit and every single time I fell to the ground a fellow metal head would immediately pull me the fuck back up in less than 2 seconds. I would return the favor by doing the same..which happened a lot :rocker:

jd091
03-07-2011, 01:16 PM
http://images.whatport80.com/images/thumb/c/cf/Trollface.jpg/400px-Trollface.jpg

:lol:

Come on, cut the new guy some slack. Jessica Alba was HOT in that show.

OraclesofAgony
03-07-2011, 01:29 PM
That was such a great night! That was easily one of the best concerts I've been to.

The Bands I saw were:

I was listening to Wormrot while I was waiting in line for the Glass House and they sounded pretty good. I've never really cared for grindcore that much but they sounded like a band I could listen to.

Christian Mistress (This band was pretty boring overall, but they had some good riffs)

Bonded by Blood (Fun band, I had seen them at the Chain Reaction twice already and it was nice to see them play a longer set)

Atheist (Good set but I haven't really listened to Atheist that much aside from the Unquestionable Presence album. I enjoyed them though)

Immolation (My second favorite band of the night. Seeing Father, You're Not a Father live was one of the best moments I've had at a concert. I really regret not seeing them with Vader last year but this made up for it a little bit. I was banging my head and pumping my fist so hard that I actually hurt my arm at one point. But after cooling down for about a minute or so I was able to get right back to headbanging and fist pumping.)

Obituary (For some reason I've never really been able to get into Obituary that much. I get easily bored with their songs and the production on their earlier albums kind of ruins the songs for me. But they sounded much better live than on their studio albums to me. I enjoyed seeing "Final Thoughts" and "Evil Ways" as those are a couple favorites of mine out of their overall material.)

Morbid Angel (Finally I was able to see one of my favorite Death Metal bands and they did not disappoint. I had been listening to their 2009 set ever since I got the waitlist confirmation email on Monday so I was well prepared for their set since they played every song off of it. I was able to push my way to the front little by little during Obituary so that I was within 2 people of the railing, and that's the closest I've ever been at a big show. I was in front of Dave the whole time. When they opened with Rapture I went insane. Covenant is my favorite album by them so I was glad to see that they played so much from it. Also I got really excited when Dave said they were going to play a few songs off the new album but it turns out he was just joking. Nevermore sounded great though. And I knew the song as I had listened to their 2008 Hellfest performance of it dozens of times. Tim Yeung did a great job filling in for Pete. I've always liked Tim Yeung's work so I was pleased to hear that he would be filling in for Pete while he recovers. The only bad thing about Morbid Angel's set was that they messed up God of Emptiness. That totally ruined the vibe of that song for me, but aside from that I couldn't have asked for anything better from them. They're in my top 5 bands seen along with Slayer, Megadeth, Behemoth and Suffocation)

Now for some random comments about the show:

-It looks like my friend and I really made a mistake going to Juan Pollo instead of checking out the Grill 'Em All truck. We had to go back to his car to put some stuff away and while walking back to the Festival Grounds we decided to duck in to Juan Pollo real quick to grab some food. But after reading the posts here about Grill 'Em All it sounds like we missed out on some quality grub.

-I hate metalheads with long hair that are my height! :tongue: The guy right in front of me during Morbid Angel had long hair and he was about my height, and he kept swinging his hair right into my face and eyes. Whenever he started headbanging I would have to close my eyes to brace for the impact.

-I was rather unimpressed with the response the bands were getting at the Glass House. I had seen Suffocation there in October last year and the crowd was dead. The turnout was very discouraging. The turnout for this was much better of course. The place was packed, but the crowd still seemed rather unenthusiastic. My friend said the same for Death Angel. I didn't see Municipal Waste and neither did my friend, so maybe the crowd response was better for them. It certainly looks like it was with that Wall of Death video.

-My friend had to wait for me to get out of the Fox Theater as he didn't get in. He wanted to see Death Angel over Obituary and I went to the Fox Theater immediately after Immolation finished because I didn't want to risk not getting in. I originally planned to watch Death Angel for half their set and then duck in for the rest of Obituary but I didn't want to put anything to chance and we had already seen Death Angel at the Chain Reaction recently.
So when Death Angel finished my friend headed over to the Fox Theater and waited in line until 10:40 when they announced they were no longer letting people in. He was thoroughly pissed. But he is not into MA nearly as much as I am.

-The will call line at first looked like it was going to take a very long time but it moved rather quickly for how long it was.

I had such a great time at this show and if they ever bring this festival back to Southern Cali I'll be there. And thanks to treghet for recommending this forum. :rocker:

mankvill
03-07-2011, 01:36 PM
:lol:

Come on, cut the new guy some slack. Jessica Alba was HOT in that show.

Dark Angel is also one of the best thrash bands ever!

christopher
03-07-2011, 01:40 PM

Darkness Descends is one of my favorite records :rocker: My friend ran into Gene Hoglan at the Malevolent Creation show on Friday. Too bad MC didn't get added to the Scion bill since they were in the area

Bunnywithachainsaw
03-07-2011, 02:16 PM
So they definitely played Awake in Sleep and Into the Past, which was heavy as fuck. Seriously, makes the album version look like shit.

I'm having trouble with other parts though, A Depth Returns sounds familiar, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, dude! I can't find my copy and for some reason, I don't remember any of the song titles eventhough I love the album.

I totally agree that they kicked ass live and to some extent blew their own album out of the water. The venue was perfect (glad they weren't set up to play at Fox Theatre or the Glasshouse) and it wasn't too crowded either. Only thing that sucked was the length of the show. They could have easily played another 30 mins.

Woe sucked - they should've let DC take over their time slot =)

idrinkwine732
03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Woe sucked - they should've let DC take over their time slot =)

Disagree, man.

Sepultura69
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM

I see myself in the Anaal Nathrakh videos. On the right side of the front rail(more specifically, video #2).:party:

ferocious_fetus
03-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I see myself in the Anaal Nathrakh videos. On the right side of the front rail(more specifically, video #2).:party:

haha, awesome. So now we're even for me mixing up my D-Angels? ha

ferocious_fetus
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM

AGREED! I guess I subconsciously DUN GOOFED and wished it actually was Dark Angel.

idrinkwine732
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Those are some awesome videos, but it's a shame you couldn't get Black Widow

rjmartinez91
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Had a really good time at scion rock fest, despite old ladies yelling about walking con el diablo lol and downing a coke right before entering. I think the security guy was pissed because he probably thought there was alcohol in it, but oh well.
I saw:

Wormrot, wasn't really into it cause I was hungry as fuck and I was right by the speakers...
Saw some of Fuck the Facts, after seeing the chick spitting everywhere I couldn't take it any more and went to grub lol.
Got a big ass hannah monatana burger
then saw...

the end of Bonded by Blood...walked in during Feed The Beast, I think.
Then:
Atheist
Immolation
Death Angel :party: Had a good time seeing these guys, just recently started listening to a lot of their shit.
Municipal Waste
Spent the whole time watching from above, bootleggin, so from what I saw, pretty bad ass performance. Brutal wall of death and a lot of crowd surfing.

:2cents:

larvtard
03-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Disagree, man.

You by any chance know any of the songs they played?

idrinkwine732
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
You by any chance know any of the songs they played?

They did a cover of Fuck Nazi Sympathy, Solitude, Road from Recovery, and some others.

mankvill
03-07-2011, 03:25 PM

Just in case anyone doesn't know:

Video #1 = Submission Is For The Weak
Video #2 = When Lion Devours Both Dragon And Child
Video #3 = Do Not Speak/Pandemonic Hyperblast

larvtard
03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
They did a cover of Fuck Nazi Sympathy, Solitude, Road from Recovery, and some others.

Quietly, Undramatically? It's the one with clean vocals so that may help...

idrinkwine732
03-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Quietly, Undramatically? It's the one with clean vocals so that may help...
Don't think so.

treghet
03-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Someone uploaded a video of some songs from Morbid Angel.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1301863444842&comments

jhdeity
03-07-2011, 04:05 PM

That was fukkin AWESOME!

Sepultura69
03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Damn, I remember Obituary sounding good but I didn't know they sounded THAT GOOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sBsVpzFQuE

I was in that fun "little" pit through out the entire set :D :rocker:

ferocious_fetus
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
it's a shame you couldn't get Black Widow

I know! I was still inside the Fox Theater when Anaal started. I bailed as soon as Morbid finished "Maze of Torment" and ran my ass to Anaal Nathrakh's tent. I talked with Dave after their set and he told me I missed "Black Widow" =/

rjturtle9
03-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Video #2 = When Lion Devours Both Dragon And Child

God damn that is a great song title!

idrinkwine732
03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
I know! I was still inside the Fox Theater when Anaal started. I bailed as soon as Morbid finished "Maze of Torment" and ran my ass to Anaal Nathrakh's tent. I talked with Dave after their set and he told me I missed "Black Widow" =/

I looked all around for Dave and Mick after their set and I couldn't find them. :( I wanted to personally thank them for coming all this way, and perhaps only half jokingly yell at them for never touring the US.

But yeah, Black Widow was the best song of the set. I would have loved to see Between Shit and Piss We Are Born, but I was content.

Wizzbang11
03-07-2011, 06:35 PM

I was actually expecting a lot better.
What the hell is with David Vincent's voice? Does he do all old songs like that?
I know this isn't 1989, but that video doesn't have any of the power, intensity or "evilness" that this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdgKRN8ej5g) has, and for some reason I assumed MA shows were still like that :(

treghet
03-07-2011, 07:00 PM
What the hell is with David Vincent's voice? Does he do all old songs like that?
I know this isn't 1989, but that video doesn't have any of the power, intensity or "evilness" that this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdgKRN8ej5g) has, and for some reason I assumed MA shows were still like that :(

Somebody was yelling next to the camera. And they could have been more energetic on stage, but it didn't really bother me. It would have been awesome to stage dive, but the Fox has a barricade. :(

Bunnywithachainsaw
03-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I wasn't impressed with the Obituary-set. They seemed lackluster and pretty uninspired. And why was there a million people on the far left side of the stage hanging out while Obituary were playing?

Sepultura69
03-07-2011, 07:01 PM

Dude that video is from 1989. Its fucking 2011 now bro, you really can't expect Dave to have the same EXACT voice for more than two decades!!! Cmon' man :cool:

Sepultura69
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I wasn't impressed with the Obituary-set. They seemed lackluster and pretty uninspired. And why was there a million people on the far left side of the stage hanging out while Obituary were playing?

I have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. I was in the main pit floor level for Obituarys set the entire time, everyone was going crazy. OK NOT EVERY SINGLE PERSON, but the video I posted speaks for it self. Also, it wasn't a million people on the far left side, talk about over exaggeration. :tp:

No point in arguing. Mindless arguments and conflicts have been dying down on this board lately, and I'm just gonna keep it that way. Yeah, obituary was pretty boring, Morbid angel was lame as fuck, Atheist smells like shit, Anaal Nathrakh Made me fall asleep and Scion Rock fest was the most bullshit half assed festival I have ever been to.

/Rant.

Wizzbang11
03-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Dude that video is from 1989. Its fucking 2011 now bro, you really can't expect Dave to have the same EXACT voice for more than two decades!!! Cmon' man :cool:

It's not a matter of quality it's the style. Low groove/death vox are boring, I much prefer the mid ranged thrashy ones used on Altars.

treghet
03-07-2011, 07:28 PM
It's not a matter of quality it's the style. Low groove/death vox are boring, I much prefer the mid ranged thrashy ones used on Altars.

They may not sound as mid-range as on Altars, but they're definitely not like the death growls Steve Tucker did.

The Colonel
03-08-2011, 12:31 AM

Yeah, that was me. Should've come and said hi, I had a bunch of cds on me, including some new stuff! Glad everyone seemed to have a better time than me. My day kinda sucked. Only saw Wormrot, Primate, 3 songs of Nails, and most of Black Breath. Waited in line through Obituary's entire set and half of Morbid Angel's before I gave up on trying to get into Fox. Tried to get back over in time to see some of either Integrity or Anaal Nathrakh, but some dickhead security guard wouldn't let me back in. Said I had shoved my way out through the entrance and knocked a bunch of people over. It wasn't me, I was nowhere near there at the time. Overall I was not impressed with Scion Fest. I enjoyed the few bands I saw, but I can say with certainty that my band will never put a car logo on our record just for a hotel room and a few hundred bucks.

jhdeity
03-08-2011, 10:30 AM

Totally agree. I was more impressed with the quality of the video and hearing them live for the 1st time in over 10 years. I'd still go see them in a heartbeat

elturtleboy
03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, that was me. Should've come and said hi, I had a bunch of cds on me, including some new stuff! Glad everyone seemed to have a better time than me. My day kinda sucked. Only saw Wormrot, Primate, 3 songs of Nails, and most of Black Breath. Waited in line through Obituary's entire set and half of Morbid Angel's before I gave up on trying to get into Fox. Tried to get back over in time to see some of either Integrity or Anaal Nathrakh, but some dickhead security guard wouldn't let me back in. Said I had shoved my way out through the entrance and knocked a bunch of people over. It wasn't me, I was nowhere near there at the time. Overall I was not impressed with Scion Fest. I enjoyed the few bands I saw, but I can say with certainty that my band will never put a car logo on our record just for a hotel room and a few hundred bucks.

awww man that sucks :(

rjturtle9
03-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Sounds awful man. But hey, it's not Scion's fault, it was security's. The security they had there were horrible. They wanted to card my girlfriend for a fucking soda! They didn't know how to handle themsleves at this show. The guy working the main entrance by the Glasshouse was a total dick. Fuck him.

The Colonel
03-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Sounds awful man. But hey, it's not Scion's fault, it was security's. The security they had there were horrible. They wanted to card my girlfriend for a fucking soda! They didn't know how to handle themsleves at this show. The guy working the main entrance by the Glasshouse was a total dick. Fuck him.

That may have been the guy that actually wound up letting me back in! Either way, I've been on the fence about this whole "Scion metal" thing and after checking it out for myself I can safely say I'm not into it. Nothing against the bands that do it, or the people who go to it, but definitely not my thing. Anyway, I may come out to LA for the Murderess/DIS show, so if I do I'll bring you guys some shit.

christopher
03-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Aww I knew it was you! I casually started a conversation next to you in hopes you would notice the Sorrower shirt I was wearing. I should have just came up and said whats up, but I didn't know if I was wrong. Its been a while since I saw you. I did see you walking around drunk and lost on my way out, I tried finding you then but had no luck. Hopefully I can make the DIS show you're coming out to.

The Colonel
03-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Aww I knew it was you! I casually started a conversation next to you in hopes you would notice the Sorrower shirt I was wearing. I should have just came up and said whats up, but I didn't know if I was wrong. Its been a while since I saw you. I did see you walking around drunk and lost on my way out, I tried finding you then but had no luck. Hopefully I can make the DIS show you're coming out to.

Damn, was that you in the Scarecrow shirt? If so I saw you real quick in passing, but didn't see you again the rest of the day.

christopher
03-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Damn, was that you in the Scarecrow shirt? If so I saw you real quick in passing, but didn't see you again the rest of the day.

Yeah that was me. I only saw you for a minute, I think it was right after Primate ended, outside Tent 1. I didn't think it was you at the time, so I went to my car for some shots haha. Now I know its you, I'll definitely hit you up next time I see you

The Colonel
03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah that was me. I only saw you for a minute, I think it was right after Primate ended, outside Tent 1. I didn't think it was you at the time, so I went to my car for some shots haha. Now I know its you, I'll definitely hit you up next time I see you

Cool man. It was nice to see quite a few Sorrower shirts out there.

christopher
03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Cool man. It was nice to see quite a few Sorrower shirts out there.

More people out here need to hear your band. So you have new material other than the ep with the scarecrow on it? That would be sick if you played at the Blvd on May 30th with Extortion and Low Threat Profile:party: If you don't have the LTP cds yet, I'll burn em for you and bring them to the DIS show in two weeks.

The Colonel
03-08-2011, 10:55 PM
More people out here need to hear your band. So you have new material other than the ep with the scarecrow on it? That would be sick if you played at the Blvd on May 30th with Extortion and Low Threat Profile:party: If you don't have the LTP cds yet, I'll burn em for you and bring them to the DIS show in two weeks.

Right on, isn't that the new band with Chris Dodge? Not positive I'll be at that show, but I'm gonna try. The bassist from Murderess is a really good friend and that's the closest they're coming to Phx on this tour. May 30 won't happen, we'll just be getting back home from MDF that day.

christopher
03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Right on, isn't that the new band with Chris Dodge? Not positive I'll be at that show, but I'm gonna try. The bassist from Murderess is a really good friend and that's the closest they're coming to Phx on this tour. May 30 won't happen, we'll just be getting back home from MDF that day.

Well for Chris its his new band. Bob from Lack of Interest, Matt from Infest and Andy from No Comment started the band in the mid 90s but finally released their first ep last summer and started playing shows, so Chris was added to the band then. One of my top bands right now. Too bad you can't make May 30th, would be sick. I'll have to burn the cd and ep for you when I see you at DIS if you make it.

jd091
03-14-2011, 07:43 PM
In case anybody is interested, Scion A/V posted a ton of pictures from this on facebook. Its pretty high quality, with a good amount of pics of the fans

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=340782&id=169789340902

treghet
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
In case anybody is interested, Scion A/V posted a ton of pictures from this on facebook. Its pretty high quality, with a good amount of pics of the fans

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=340782&id=169789340902

Thanks. I've been waiting for them to post these. :D

idrinkwine732
03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm waiting on the video footage they took...

andrew_metalhead
03-18-2011, 04:56 PM
My review: http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews/030511_Scion_Rock_Fest.php