Necroshine
Old School
------------------
Deny The Cross
Elimination
Fuck You

El Gordo
03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
That's a pretty kick-ass Overkill set list... I'm jealous you got Endless War.

mankvill
03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Blood Money

Holy fucking tits, this is my favorite Overkill song. I had no idea they played it live!

Onioner
03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Holy fucking tits, this is my favorite Overkill song. I had no idea they played it live!

This

Infectious, Blood Money, Endless War and Deny the Cross?

DAMN

ravenheart
03-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Would it help if I told you that apart from the first two songs, I watched the entire set from the side of the stage? (the first two I was in the photo pit)

El Gordo
03-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Fuck, Bastard Nation too, I didn't see that the first time. Every song except Old School is a winner... and hell even that one's fun after a couple beers.

ravenheart
03-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Every song except Old School is a winner...

Truth.

mankvill
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Would it help if I told you that apart from the first two songs, I watched the entire set from the side of the stage? (the first two I was in the photo pit)

*punch*

treghet
03-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Sort of disappointed with the Destruction set. I hope they pull out more old stuff for their US tour.

ravenheart
03-03-2011, 05:48 PM
*punch*

I'll post some photos soon to make you feel better.

jhdeity
03-03-2011, 06:24 PM
What a great setlist with all those openers. Deny the Cross & Blood Money KILL!

Maideneer
03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Overkill (21:15-22:45)
The Green And Black
Rotten To The Core
Wrecking Crew
Infectious
Bring Me The Night
Bastard Nation
Hammerhead
Ironbound
Blood Money
Endless War
Hello From The Gutter
Give A Little
Necroshine
Old School
------------------
Deny The Cross
Elimination
Fuck You

Take away Old School and this is the best Overkill set list ever created. Maybe replace it with E.N.D. Bastard Nation, Endless War, Deny The Cross, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

wroed
03-04-2011, 01:35 AM
After All (17:45-18:15)
My Own Sacrifice
??
Devastation Done
End of Your World
Becoming The Martyr
Demolition Course
Betrayed By The Gods
Timeless Machine

Heathen (18:40-17:10)
Dying Season
?? >
Goblin's Blade
Arrows of Agony
No Stone Unturned

Just got to work and realised I left my notes at home. I got the After All setlist so will check and let you know the one you're missing. I don't think Heathen played Goblin's Blade. It was just four songs from the new album and the one you're missing is Controlled By Chaos.

May be a bit slow with our review as swamped at work. Briefly, thought After All were better than I've seen them before due to new singer, but still a bit bland. Heathen were great but four songs was criminal (although they were all very long songs), they must come back soon. Destruction were a major let down. Sound was awful in comparison to Heathen and as much as I guess it will never happen again, they were better when they had two guitars. Overkill were simply awesome.

ravenheart
03-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Just got to work and realised I left my notes at home. I got the After All setlist so will check and let you know the one you're missing. I don't think Heathen played Goblin's Blade. It was just four songs from the new album and the one you're missing is Controlled By Chaos.

May be a bit slow with our review as swamped at work. Briefly, thought After All were better than I've seen them before due to new singer, but still a bit bland. Heathen were great but four songs was criminal (although they were all very long songs), they must come back soon. Destruction were a major let down. Sound was awful in comparison to Heathen and as much as I guess it will never happen again, they were better when they had two guitars. Overkill were simply awesome.

Turns out there was no gap in the After All setlist. Just me being unfamiliar with their new songs (everything played was from the latest album and their two self-released EPs).

I guessed it would be Controlled By Chaos... but it seemed to go on too long to be one song ;)

mankvill
03-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Turns out there was no gap in the After All setlist. Just me being unfamiliar with their new songs (everything played was from the latest album and their two self-released EPs).

I guessed it would be Controlled By Chaos... but it seemed to go on too long to be one song ;)

>go on too long
>Heathen

sounds about right

;)

wroed
03-04-2011, 01:57 AM

Hehe, indeed! Johan was surprised when I told him he'd only been in the photopit for 1.5 songs. He thought he'd done the full three :lol:

ravenheart
03-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Hehe, indeed! Johan was surprised when I told him he'd only been in the photopit for 1.5 songs. He thought he'd done the full three :lol:

Me too!

We got stiffed on the Overkill set too. Security thought the break in 'Rotten To The Core' was another song.

ravenheart
03-04-2011, 02:56 AM
>go on too long
>Heathen

sounds about right

;)

Go to bed!

ravenheart
03-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Briefly, thought After All were better than I've seen them before due to new singer, but still a bit bland. Heathen were great but four songs was criminal (although they were all very long songs), they must come back soon. Destruction were a major let down. Sound was awful in comparison to Heathen and as much as I guess it will never happen again, they were better when they had two guitars. Overkill were simply awesome.

Heathen's short set was because of technical problems. They were supposed to be on a good ten minutes earlier.

Sound was great for Destruction from where I was, but agree they weren't that entertaining.

Overkill were outstanding. I was a little disappointed with them last year, after being so fantastic the year before, but this time they were stunning.

Natrlhi
03-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Destruction (19:45-20:40)
Curse The Gods
Mad Butcher
Armageddonizer
Tears of Blood
Thrash Till Death
D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.
Bestial Invasion
Soul Collector
Hate Is My Fuel
Nailed To The Cross
The Butcher Strikes BackNo "Eternal Ban", and NOT ONE SONG from "Release from Agony"? That was one of the most progressive thrash albums of all time - and in fact, it was released way before its time - and they aren't playing even a single song from it? REALLY??!?

Aaaahhhhh, guys - you're fucking killing me here. I'll admit, the new album is better than the atrocity that was "D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.", but come on. You're not exactly making me want to run out and buy a fucking ticket to see you with the likes of Heathen and Warbeast (two bands which, although they might very well be good, I've never had even a passing interest in).

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/5806/original/Advice-Yoda-Gives-Son-i-am-disapoint.jpg?1248186105

Maidenmagic
03-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Bastard Nation and Deny the cross. Damn. I would to love to hear those songs live.

treghet
03-04-2011, 08:00 AM
No "Eternal Ban", and NOT ONE SONG from "Release from Agony"? That was one of the most progressive thrash albums of all time - and in fact, it was released way before its time - and they aren't playing even a single song from it? REALLY??!?

Aaaahhhhh, guys - you're fucking killing me here. I'll admit, the new album is better than the atrocity that was "D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.", but come on. You're not exactly making me want to run out and buy a fucking ticket to see you with the likes of Heathen and Warbeast (two bands which, although they might very well be good, I've never had even a passing interest in).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

ravenheart
03-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Deny The Cross wasn't that exciting because they played it on the last tour here.

Infectious and Endless War were the killer tracks.

ravenheart
03-04-2011, 08:46 AM
the likes of Heathen and Warbeast (two bands which, although they might very well be good, I've never had even a passing interest in).

You are not a real thrash fan :finger2:

JRA
03-04-2011, 08:54 AM
You are not a real thrash fan :finger2:

I don't think it's that weird. They aren't that good.

Natrlhi
03-04-2011, 08:54 AM
You are not a real thrash fan :finger2::lol: Honestly, I guess I would have to agree. I'm a metal fan, and definitely love a lot of classic thrash bands, but if I had to pick my absolute favorite sub-genres of metal, I couldn't be brutally fucking honest and include thrash at the same time. I certainly don't dislike thrash, that's for sure.

(inb4 "yes you do, because you don't like Heathen" ;))

ravenheart
03-04-2011, 08:55 AM

What're you, a tabloid newspaper?

girnny777
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
That Overkill set is almost perfect.

Just needs Thanx For Nothin'

GASTONCAPO666
03-04-2011, 01:33 PM
endless war ...:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker ::rocker:

JRA
03-04-2011, 04:53 PM
What're you, a tabloid newspaper?

Heathen just aren't good enough for me to crucify someone else for not digging them (unless they're the Judas Priest hatin fools in Metal Club).

JLRedWing13
03-04-2011, 05:04 PM
The Evolution of Chaos was a great album....

ravenheart
03-05-2011, 03:45 PM
The Evolution of Chaos was a great album....

So are their others.

ravenheart
03-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Heathen just aren't good enough for me to crucify someone else for not digging them (unless they're the Judas Priest hatin fools in Metal Club).

Oh good, because I was afraid you'd just taken two unrelated statements out of context and tried to make a point with them :tp:

JRA
03-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Oh good, because I was afraid you'd just taken two unrelated statements out of context and tried to make a point with them :tp:

It wasn't unrelated, it was one of your quotes I used to make a point.

BrutalN00dle
03-05-2011, 09:49 PM
All the Americans freaking out about Destruction needs to realize that their upcoming tour has them with a set time twice as long.

ravenheart
03-06-2011, 06:09 AM
All the Americans freaking out about Destruction needs to realize that their upcoming tour has them with a set time twice as long.

I wouldn't say twice as long... probably another half hour on top of the above.

In that extra time I would expect you to get Eternal Ban, Days of Confusion, Metal Discharge, Life Without Sense, a drum solo, Total Desaster, Death Trap and Tormentor.

ravenheart
03-06-2011, 06:11 AM
It wasn't unrelated, it was one of your quotes I used to make a point.

About a completely different band. So it's unrelated by definition.

wroed
03-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Somewhat delayed as I've been out of the country, here's finally our review and photos...

http://www.rockersdigest.com/Article/358/Overkill+_+Destruction+_+Heathen+_+After+All

ravenheart
04-08-2011, 06:05 AM
OK, these took a while to sort out, but... photos!

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/killfest-islington-academy-2011-photo-gallery/

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/afterall030311-02.jpg http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/heathen030311-26.jpg

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/overkill030311-07.jpg http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/overkill030311-12.jpg

BrutalN00dle
04-08-2011, 07:15 AM
That's a badass photo of Blitz.

ravenheart
04-08-2011, 07:41 AM
There're some more good ones of him amongst the Overkill ones.

The other examples above are Sammy Peleman from After All, Jon Torres from Heathen and DD Verni from Overkill.

The gallery has 30 Overkill, 27 Heathen and 15 After All in total (although the first After All shot is currently missing).

larvtard
04-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Nice photos man. I'm also taking photos tonight, hope they turn out alright.

Metal375
04-08-2011, 12:22 PM
The other examples above are Sammy Peleman from After All, Jon Torres from Heathen and DD Verni from Overkill.

Cool pics, but that's Jason VieBrooks playing bass for Heathen on the Euro tour. He was filling in for Jon Torres who was sitting the tour out for health reasons :eyes:.

ravenheart
04-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Cool pics, but that's Jason VieBrooks playing bass for Heathen on the Euro tour. He was filling in for Jon Torres who was sitting the tour out for health reasons :eyes:.

Nice catch.

gilpdawg
04-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Fuck, Bastard Nation too, I didn't see that the first time. Every song except Old School is a winner... and hell even that one's fun after a couple beers.
Hell, I dig Old School. It's a fun little song.

El Gordo
04-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Hell, I dig Old School. It's a fun little song.

Well I did say it was fun after a couple of beers.