03-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Iron Maiden- Tailgunner
Iron Maiden- Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
Iron Maiden- Hooks in You
Iron Maiden- Wildest Dreams

El Gordo
03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Metallica - Purify

At that point you couldn't possibly consider Metallica a good band, since that entire album is full of bad songs.

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Metallica:
most of load, re-load, and st.anger

Megadeth:
The Doctor IS Calling
Die Dead Enough

Dethklok:
Face Fisted
Symmetry

GWAR:
Release The Flies
Fucking an Animal
Mary Anne
Jiggle The Handle

Judas Priest:
Turbo Lover
Hot For Love

makethemsuffer12
03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
At that point you couldn't possibly consider Metallica a good band, since that entire album is full of bad songs.

Oh it's still cool to hate Metallica?

Judas Priest:
Turbo Lover

NO.

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Hooks in You is a sweet song. First thing that came to my head was Black Sabbath - Am I Going Insane?

TonyD
03-01-2011, 07:57 PM
^ This

Machine Head - Wolves is a definite skipper. Other than the pre chorus guitar-weedly thing.

Maiden33
03-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Queensryche - Gonna Get Close to You. The only bad song they made across 4 albums. Once we hit the mid 90s though, MOST Queensryche is bad, and the outliers start being "Good songs by a bad band"

LAXdef16
03-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Weezer: The whole Make Believe album

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Metallica - Most of Load, All of St Anger and Nothing Else Matters
Rush - Dog Years, In The Mood
Dream Theater - I walk Beside You

Maiden33
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM

I think what you meant to say was "The Dark Eternal Night".

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I think what you meant to say was "The Dark Eternal Night".

What's wrong with that song.

Maiden33
03-01-2011, 09:50 PM
What's wrong with that song.

It's not good? :lol:

I just don't like anything about it. Pointless riffing and wankery and unnecessary heaviness with absolutely no substance. Though truth be told it's hardly the only bad song on that album. Worst thing they've ever put out.

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 09:52 PM

I just don't like anything about it. Pointless riffing and wankery and unnecessary heaviness with absolutely no substance. Though truth be told it's hardly the only bad song on that album. Worst thing they've ever put out.

Prophets of War and Repentance are my least favorite songs on the album. Systematic Chaos isn't bad.

MPF
03-01-2011, 09:52 PM

I hate saying it but I absolutely agree.

Maiden33
03-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Prophets of War and Repentance are my least favorite songs on the album. Systematic Chaos isn't bad.

In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 1 and Forsaken are the only 2 songs I legitimately like. Prophets of War and In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 2 aren't bad. Constant Motion was fun live but I almost never want to hear the studio version. Repentance and The Dark Eternal Night are easily 2 of my least favorite Dream Theater songs, period.

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 10:12 PM
In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 1 and Forsaken are the only 2 songs I legitimately like. Prophets of War and In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 2 aren't bad. Constant Motion was fun live but I almost never want to hear the studio version. Repentance and The Dark Eternal Night are easily 2 of my least favorite Dream Theater songs, period.

Dream Theaters worst songs are still I walk Beside you and Sacrificed Sons, there are a few songs from Falling into Infinity I dont like.
In the Presence of Enemies 1 and 2 are my favorite dream theater songs.

maidenpriest
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Dream Theaters worst songs are still I walk Beside you and Sacrificed Sons, there are a few songs from Falling into Infinity I dont like.
In the Presence of Enemies 1 and 2 are my favorite dream theater songs.

I love Sacrificed Sons...nothing wrong with that song. I walk beside you is pretty bad.

Maiden33
03-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Honestly Octavarium is my favorite post-Scenes DT album, and the only song on it I don't care very much for is Never Enough. Honestly I love the other 7. It is essentially their "pop" album, but I've always loved DT's softer, more poppy songs and moments. When the band exercises restraint, they're almost ALWAYS very good, whereas when they're drowning in excess, I think they're either incredible or at their worst.

NickLed19
03-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Metallica - Most of Load, All of St Anger and Nothing Else Matters
Rush - Dog Years, In The Mood

Nothing Else Matters is far from bad.

El Gordo
03-02-2011, 03:29 AM

Fuck off. My point is completely valid.

HandOfDoom
03-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Black Sabbath; Lady Evil, Am I Going Insane,

Iron Maiden; Holy Smoke, Weekend Warrior, The Apparation

Led Zeppelin; Carouselambra, Hot Dog,

jhdeity
03-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Queensryche - Gonna Get Close to You. The only bad song they made across 4 albums. Once we hit the mid 90s though, MOST Queensryche is bad, and the outliers start being "Good songs by a bad band"

This. The fact they released a shitty video for it compunded the douche factor also.

I'd have to add:

Megadeth - I Ain't Superstitious.

The only blemish on a near perfect album...

evildeadjedi
03-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Clutch - Gnome Enthusiast, Green Buckets, Heirloom.

DethMaiden
03-02-2011, 09:10 AM

Green Buckets rules, motherfucker. :nutkick:

I'm going to propose to my future wife someday by saying "I would like to love ya, I sure would treat you right. We could take the trash out every Thursday night."

evildeadjedi
03-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Green Buckets rules, motherfucker. :nutkick:

I'm going to propose to my future wife someday by saying "I would like to love ya, I sure would treat you right. We could take the trash out every Thursday night."

:lol: Okay, it's not easy coming up with bad Clutch songs and I think I might have been thinking of another song.

I think I need to go back and listen to some of Clutch not present on my ipod.

Sanitarium78
03-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Queensryche - Gonna Get Close to You. The only bad song they made across 4 albums.

That song is a cover, so it shouldn't count. I like the song though. I've always enjoyed the creepiness of it.

daimonos
03-02-2011, 12:12 PM

Woah woah woah WOAH WOAH.

I'm with Brad on this one, great song.

Maiden33
03-02-2011, 12:16 PM
That song is a cover, so it shouldn't count. I like the song though. I've always enjoyed the creepiness of it.

I would agree that it shouldn't count if it had been a bonus track or a b-side instead of being released as the only single and video from the album. If the band had that poor of judgment to think that was a good decision, it counts as as much of a strike against them as it would for me if they wrote it.

ravenheart
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM

Yeah, I thought we were over that too.

On topic, I can't be bothered to start naming songs because it would take too long. There are no bands with more than a three or four albums who maintained a flawless record of songs.

makethemsuffer12
03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Fuck off. My point is completely valid.

So one bad album completely invalidates 5 of the best metal albums ever made and the fact that they still put on a good show? Yup, makes a lot of sense.

Indestructible
03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
IMO Nevermore is the only band I have heard that are flawless with every album. Nothing bad at all. Other bands have one or two albums that are just ok or that are filled with mostly bad songs.

makethemsuffer12
03-02-2011, 01:17 PM
^ This

Machine Head - Wolves is a definite skipper. Other than the pre chorus guitar-weedly thing.
Whaaaaaat? That song is badass.

I don't know, I dig the song. There's nothing really interesting in the vocal department, but I dig the riffing.

BloodoftheKings
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
On topic, I can't be bothered to start naming songs because it would take too long. There are no bands with more than a three or four albums who maintained a flawless record of songs.

I think plenty of bands with large discographys have no bad songs. For example Iron Maiden, sure they have plenty of songs that are bad by Maiden standards but I've never heard a Maiden song and really thought it was bad.

BloodoftheKings
03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
So one bad album completely invalidates 5 of the best metal albums ever made and the fact that they still put on a good show? Yup, makes a lot of sense.

I dont like to always completely hate on Metallica but I think your giving them to much credit. Load and Re-load are bad albums if I ever heard one, and the black album is far from one of the best metal albums, I can probably name atleast 200 better albums. But thats just my opinion, if you love the black album I got no problem with that.

makethemsuffer12
03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I dont like to always completely hate on Metallica but I think your giving them to much credit. Load and Re-load are bad albums if I ever heard one, and the black album is far from one of the best metal albums, I can probably name atleast 200 better albums. But thats just my opinion, if you love the black album I got no problem with that.

I love the black album, and Metallica is my favorite band, so I'm probably a little biased there. But there is not a single bad song on it. Overplayed songs? Well duh. But the second half of that album is some of the most underrated music the band has put out. I like Load and Reload quite a bit as well, though there are a good amount of songs on each that I could do without. But the good songs on those albums are really good IMO. I really dig the loose, hard rock feel on those albums.

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I think plenty of bands with large discographys have no bad songs. For example Iron Maiden, sure they have plenty of songs that are bad by Maiden standards but I've never heard a Maiden song and really thought it was bad.

There are a few that are pretty bad. Sanctuary, Quest For Fire, The Apparition, The Nomad, and The Angel and the Gambler all kinda suck.

Natrlhi
03-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I thought we were over that too.

On topic, I can't be bothered to start naming songs because it would take too long. There are no bands with more than a three or four albums who maintained a flawless record of songs.:agree: This. Both comments. :agree:

BloodoftheKings
03-02-2011, 01:35 PM
There are a few that are pretty bad. Sanctuary, Quest For Fire, The Apparition, The Nomad, and The Angel and the Gambler all kinda suck.

All bad songs, as far as Iron Maiden goes. Nothing they ever made comes close to something like bullet for my valentine, or five finger death punch.

makethemsuffer12
03-02-2011, 01:41 PM
All bad songs, as far as Iron Maiden goes. Nothing they ever made comes close to something like bullet for my valentine, or five finger death punch.

One of my guilty pleasures... well the first album and some songs from their last two. :eyes:

And to be completely honest, I sorta like a couple of FFDP's songs, but they are still a stupid-ass band with stupid fans.

ravenheart
03-02-2011, 01:45 PM

There are several which aren't just bad by Maiden's standards, they just outright suck. And that's true of every band, big or small. I honestly can't think of a single band without at least one bad song.

Indestructible
03-02-2011, 01:52 PM
There are several which aren't just bad by Maiden's standards, they just outright suck. And that's true of every band, big or small. I honestly can't think of a single band without at least one bad song.

Nevermore doesn't have a bad song.

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM

Yeah, I guess I'd have to agree with that.

NickLed19
03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Black Sabbath; Lady Evil, Am I Going Insane,

Iron Maiden; Holy Smoke, Weekend Warrior, The Apparation

Led Zeppelin; Carouselambra, Hot Dog,

The Apparation kicks ass.

ravenheart
03-02-2011, 04:18 PM
The Apparation kicks ass.

Seconded. 'cept I'd have spelt it right ;)

hellawaits77ny
03-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Slayer - Scrum, War Zone, Catalyst

Slipknot - Snuff, Dead Memories

Korn - Y'all Want A Single?, most of their Self-Titled album

Machine Head - Most of Supercharger

Metallica - Wasting My Hate, Sad But True (sorry - I can't stand this song)

Biohazard - Dead To Me

Plenty more, just don't feel like thinking :confused:

JRA
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
All of you can kiss my ass.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10063&highlight=songs+good+bands

HandOfDoom
03-03-2011, 05:26 AM
All of you can kiss my ass.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10063&highlight=songs+good+bands

If I understand right, aren't the two threads different though, your seems to be focusing on bad songs on good/classic albums, while this one is rather finding failable songs from a "good" artists whole career.

larvtard
03-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I can barely think of one album where I like every song...yeah, I know I have a problem.
Vektor's Black Future is pretty much flawless, though "Dark Nebula" gets boring at points.
and Hell Awaits on the days that I can tolerate "Praise of Death."
sometimes The Blackening (Machine Head)

Fe Maiden
03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
I love Sacrificed Sons...nothing wrong with that song. Right!

Fe Maiden
03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Led Zeppelin; CarouselambraWrong!

HandOfDoom
03-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Lol, the song has waaaaaay to much synth for me and it carries on for sooooo long.

Fe Maiden
03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Lol, the song has waaaaaay to much synth for me and it carries on for sooooo long.Matter of taste or opinion then. I think it is a great song and was a foreshadowing of much of the prog-rock/metal to come later by others.

daimonos
03-03-2011, 12:38 PM
I might be wierd...but usually whenever I like a band, I can get into 99% or more of everything that band has done. Some songs I just like a little less than other songs.

Indestructible
03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
I might be wierd...but usually whenever I like a band, I can get into 99% or more of everything that band has done. Some songs I just like a little less than other songs.

Thats how I am.

Natrlhi
03-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Thats how I am.
Which means Daimonos is indeed weird.

rjturtle9
03-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Vektor's Black Future is pretty much flawless, though "Dark Nebula" gets boring at points.

Shut your mouth there is nothing even remotely wrong with that masterpiece of an album.

Shadowswillfall414
03-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Metallica-The house that jack built

daimonos
03-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Which means Daimonos is indeed weird.

I knew somebody would say something :lol:

Indestructible
03-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Metallica-The house that jack built

That's one of the few good songs from Load

Shadowswillfall414
03-03-2011, 05:13 PM
That's one of the few good songs from Load

Thats there worst song IMO

El Gordo
03-03-2011, 05:14 PM

No, it doesn't invalidate that at all. But at that point, Metallica couldn't be considered a good band by anyone. I'd barely even call them a band at all at that time. If someone said, I don't know, "The Thing That Should Not Be" is a bad song by a good band, I wouldn't disagree. But when St. Anger was released Metallica was fucking shit.

El Gordo
03-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Thats there worst song IMO

The Invisible Kid would like a word with you.

hellawaits77ny
03-03-2011, 09:18 PM

Great point.

I actually like The House That Jack Built. Load is actually my 3rd favorite Metallica album. Bring on the hate.

HandOfDoom
03-04-2011, 04:59 AM

Easily my least favorite song by tallica

ravenheart
03-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Great point.

I actually like The House That Jack Built. Load is actually my 3rd favorite Metallica album. Bring on the hate.

I wouldn't rank it quite that high, but I've always liked Load.

Natrlhi
03-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Load is actually my 3rd favorite Metallica album.
So what you're saying is that AT LEAST TWO of these albums...is worse than "Load"?!?

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/metallica-kill-em-all-heavy-metal-thrash-metal.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8SFXYmKJPSY/SPZ5dJCUqzI/AAAAAAAAAZ4/enz3EoqbIaY/s320/1411812.jpg
http://guitarinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Metallica-Master-of-Puppets.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yxQoWLYiDrQ/SFY1HMiz8CI/AAAAAAAAABo/QdhFJhWE1Ao/s320/Metallica+and+justice+for+all.jpg

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

Sanitarium78
03-04-2011, 07:48 AM
So what you're saying is that AT LEAST TWO of these albums...is worse than "Load"?!?

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/metallica-kill-em-all-heavy-metal-thrash-metal.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8SFXYmKJPSY/SPZ5dJCUqzI/AAAAAAAAAZ4/enz3EoqbIaY/s320/1411812.jpg
http://guitarinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Metallica-Master-of-Puppets.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yxQoWLYiDrQ/SFY1HMiz8CI/AAAAAAAAABo/QdhFJhWE1Ao/s320/Metallica+and+justice+for+all.jpg

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Nick_to_the_face
03-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Broken Hand by Lamb of God...that song sucks

JLRedWing13
03-04-2011, 04:58 PM

Basically.

hellawaits77ny
03-04-2011, 11:39 PM

Yep. I rarely find myself listening to Kill 'Em All. I don't dislike it, and I've never sat down and said to myself, "Hey, Load is better than Kill 'Em All', but I find myself listening to Load more often. That's how I judge it.

Dudes, Metallica is my favorite band, don't think I'm dissing any of their 1st 4 albums, cause I'm not. MOP + RTL are the 2 best albums in thrash metal history.

Sepultura69
03-05-2011, 08:08 AM
MOP + RTL are the 2 best albums in thrash metal history.

I have to correct you on that one.

That would be these two albums..

http://images2.wax.fm/sepultura_beneath_remains-No.3,063-1289051864.jpeg

http://www.newwebstar.com/uploads/posts/2008-04/thumbs/1208053203_sepultura_arise__1991_-f1.jpg

El Gordo
03-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Incorrect. Beneath the Remains has a fighting chance, but Arise certainly doesn't. And really, no album will ever be a better thrash album than Ride the Lightning.

brutal_descent
03-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I have to correct you on that one.

That would be these two albums..

http://images2.wax.fm/sepultura_beneath_remains-No.3,063-1289051864.jpeg

http://www.newwebstar.com/uploads/posts/2008-04/thumbs/1208053203_sepultura_arise__1991_-f1.jpg

this

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Talking best thrash albums and no mention of Reign In Blood?

Hmmm......

El Gordo
03-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Talking best thrash albums and no mention of Reign In Blood?

Hmmm......

Reign in Blood doesn't even rank in the top 10... maybe not even the top 20.

Indestructible
03-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Here's a list of some of the best thrash albums:D
Master of Puppets
... And Justice For All
Ride The Lightning
Persistence Of Time- Anthrax
Rust In Peace- Megadeth
The Years Of Decay- Overkill
Fabulous Disaster- Exodus
Among The Living- Anthrax
Seasons In The Abyss- Slayer
The Legacy- Testament

HandOfDoom
03-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Yep. I rarely find myself listening to Kill 'Em All. I don't dislike it, and I've never sat down and said to myself, "Hey, Load is better than Kill 'Em All', but I find myself listening to Load more often. That's how I judge it.

Dudes, Metallica is my favorite band, don't think I'm dissing any of their 1st 4 albums, cause I'm not. MOP + RTL are the 2 best albums in thrash metal history.

I totally understand this, a while back when I first got into Metallica, I was always listening to St.Anger, only Metallica I listened to haha and it was my favorite for a while, now when look back well.....but I still have respect for the album and listen to it occasionally.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Reign in Blood doesn't even rank in the top 10... maybe not even the top 20.

You probably don't think Slayer belong in the Big 4 either, then?

It's the album that put Slayer on the map and is considered by most people to be one of the best thrash albums ever along with MOP.

Not going to argue opinions, though, because it's pointless.

El Gordo
03-05-2011, 11:42 AM
You probably don't think Slayer belong in the Big 4 either, then?

It's the album that put Slayer on the map and is considered by most people to be one of the best thrash albums ever along with MOP.

Not going to argue opinions, though, because it's pointless.

Of course Slayer belongs in the Big Four, it's just that RiB is the worst of their first five, and easily one of the most overrated metal albums ever. And just because most people consider something to be 'the best', doesn't mean it's true. In fact, it usually means quite the opposite. Master of Puppets is also one of the most overrated metal albums around, but I like that a hell of a lot more than Reign in Blood.

And for the record, I'd probably put 2 Slayer albums in the top 20 thrash albums of all time, those being South of Heaven and Show No Mercy.

adamclark52
03-05-2011, 11:59 AM
That cover of New York, New York that Devin Townsend put out last week. Reminds me of Bad Devil from his Infinity album, which was another blunder. And people jizzed over it. I guess he's reached Mike Patton-ness, where you can release ANYTHING and people will still love it.

hellawaits77ny
03-06-2011, 01:05 AM
but I still have respect for the album (St Anger) and listen to it occasionally.

Same with me. Yeah, technicality-wise musically + lyrically it's shit, but I enjoy listening to it.