View Full Version : Justin Bieber Covers Pantera

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmP_sqM1LY

:eyes: :axe:

Guess Phil was just strapped for heroin money

mankvill
03-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I honestly would rather listen to the Biebs than Pantera.

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM

This. No foolin, either.

I don't know that that's actually him but whoever it is he does a better job than that hack Anselmo.

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 01:52 PM
A. Obviously fake.
B. Proof that it's fake. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72572cjqYoc)
C. More listenable than Pantera.

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
A. Obviously fake.
B. Proof that it's fake. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72572cjqYoc)
C. More listenable than Pantera.

That video was awesome. Also, who the fuck thinks that's a good intro.:hecho:

HandOfDoom
03-01-2011, 02:06 PM
LOL, almost as bad as Limp Bizkit covering Tool.

elturtleboy
03-01-2011, 02:20 PM

this is why ur not gonna see anaal nathrakh

mankvill
03-01-2011, 02:24 PM
this is why ur not gonna see anaal nathrakh

I would rather not see Anaal Nathrakh ever than willingly listen to Pantera. Easy choice.

elturtleboy
03-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I would rather not see Anaal Nathrakh ever than willingly listen to Pantera. Easy choice.

manky now ur just breaking my heart

mankvill
03-01-2011, 02:56 PM
manky now ur just breaking my heart

;)

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Woah:eyes: wtf with all the hate on Pantera?

larvtard
03-01-2011, 03:10 PM

psshhhh, yeah right. I have a difficult time believing that.

powerslave_85
03-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Everyone saying they'd rather listen to Justin Bieber than Pantera needs to hand in their metal card pronto.

mankvill
03-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Everyone saying they'd rather listen to Justin Bieber than Pantera needs to hand in their metal card pronto.

"I love Pantera!

I hate Lamb of God!"

:tp:

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2011, 03:40 PM

I'd rather hand it in and have it ripped up in front of me than ever be forced to suffer through Walk again.;)

mankvill
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I'd rather hand it in and have it ripped up in front of me than ever be forced to suffer through Walk again.;)

r u talkin 2 me?

JRA
03-01-2011, 04:01 PM
"I love Pantera!

I hate Lamb of God!"

I don't believe he's ever actually said that.

Shadowswillfall414
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Wow... is this actually real?

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 04:03 PM

No.

makethemsuffer12
03-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Manks, do yourself a favor and listen to Pantera's Power Metal. Shit rocks. Cheesy 80's goodness at it's finest.

powerslave_85
03-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't believe he's ever actually said that.
Nope. Used to like them a while back, now I just think they're boring.

Shadowswillfall414
03-01-2011, 04:09 PM
No.

Wow then whoever posted it had no need to post it.

DethMaiden
03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
"I love Pantera!

I hate Lamb of God!"

You're damn right. I also love Slayer and hate Evile. Any questions?

mankvill
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Slayer and Evile aren't the exact same band!

mankvill
03-01-2011, 04:18 PM

This is a message board thread within a dream within a message board thread within a dream.

DethMaiden

Right, because Evile is a much, much worse Slayer.

mankvill
Right, because Evile is a much, much worse Slayer.

Maybe a much worse '80s Slayer.

powerslave_85
03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
This is a message board thread within a dream within a message board thread within a dream.
BWAAAAAAAMM

mankvill
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
BWAAAAAAAMM

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER

"Fleet Foxes in End Of Year Albums thread"

BWAAAAAAAAAAAM

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I can't believe I thought that was real for a second and that I posted this.... I feel like Indestructible....:lol:

El Gordo
03-01-2011, 05:07 PM
"I love Pantera!

I hate Lamb of God!"

Dude, if Lamb of God even DREAMED of making Cowboys From Hell, they'd be 10 times the band they are now. Not even close to being the band that Pantera was (I've long thought that Vulgar and Far Beyond are piles of shit though).

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I dont think Pantera is bad but they are with out a doubt one of the most over rated metal bands of all time.

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 05:17 PM

Pantera > Lamb Of God > Evile> Slayer

Never thought I would see so much Pantera hate on a metal message board, though this is metalsetlists so I'm not surprised.

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 05:22 PM

Never thought I would see so much Pantera hate on a metal message board, though this is metalsetlists so I'm not surprised.

Slayer > Pantera > LOG > Evile

And I don't why there's so much Pantera hate, I honestly don't get it. They put out 6 awesome albums and are the epitome of what groove metal is supposed to sound like.

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 05:23 PM

Neither are LOG and Pantera.... their styles are completely different.

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2011, 05:25 PM
They put out 6 awesome albums and are the epitome of what groove metal is supposed to sound like.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b5/LOL_WUT_Trippy.gif

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Evile> Slayer

I really hope no one here agrees with you, that's just 'straight ignorant.'
Evile are one of the worst things about modern metal.

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 05:27 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b5/LOL_WUT_Trippy.gif

Power Metal, Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display of Power, Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill, and Reinventing the Steel

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM

I never got what you hate so much about neo-thrash. Now im not saying that all neo-thrash bands dont sound the same but what exactly makes it so terrible?

El Gordo
03-01-2011, 05:30 PM

You honestly just say/type shit without thinking, don't you?

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Power Metal, Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display of Power, Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill, and Reinventing the Steel1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/batman-is-disgusted-horrified-shocked-12732203359.jpg

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 05:37 PM
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/batman-is-disgusted-horrified-shocked-12732203359.jpg

Something wrong with those albums ???

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 05:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xfJXd7Frng&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-V8kYT1pvEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3YYSMB3NY&feature=related

mhmm

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I really hope no one here agrees with you, that's just 'straight ignorant.'

No i just love pissing all of you off because I think different from you.
Everytime someone has an opinion all of you say its wrong and try to make them think like you.
You all would make great tyrants.

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3YYSMB3NY&feature=related

Woops forgot this :D

BloodoftheKings
Something wrong with those albums ???

Yes, they are not awesome by any means.

Indestructible
Im going to piss more of you off with my Pantera album ranking:D

Vulgar Display of Power
The Great Southern Trendkill
Far Beyond Driven
Cowboys From Hell
Reinventing The Steel

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xfJXd7Frng&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-V8kYT1pvEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3YYSMB3NY&feature=related

mhmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3YYSMB3NY&feature=related

Woops forgot this :D

Thanks, these songs can help me get to sleep tonight.

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Yes, they are not awesome by any means.

The Great Southern Trendkill is.

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I never got what you hate so much about neo-thrash. Now im not saying that all neo-thrash bands dont sound the same but what exactly makes it so terrible?

Well first of all, I don't like a lot of old thrash that people worship. Slayer after Reign, Metallica after MoP, Megadeth, Anthrax, Tankard, Destruction, most Kreator, Overkill, Death Angel, most Sepultura etc.
So when you start with a genre trying to replicate music (at an obviously lesser quality than the genres originators) I don't really like I'm not going to like. Then, the most painful part is that 2000s neo thrash bands try to emulate bands that were already thrash revival bands, like Municipal Waste. Half of the neo thrash bands I hear just want to be MW, both musically and visually. All neo thrash albums also have painfully clean production, and are totally devoid of the spirit which fueled all of my favorite classic thrash. I can usually tolerate stagnant genres, but if it's something I don't like to begin with it pisses me off more. Combine that with the fact that their fans are basically scene kids, and I really hate it. So all that, the movements massive popularity and presence at half the shows I go to, is why I find it so terrible.

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks, these songs can help me get to sleep tonight.

Whatever helps:lol:

And you lucky bastard getting to see Overkill and Accept in the same show:finger:

larvtard
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
No i just love pissing all of you off because I think different from you.
Everytime someone has an opinion all of you say its wrong and try to make them think like you.
You all would make great tyrants.

Shut up man, you've never even mentioned Evile on here.

DethMaiden
03-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Well first of all, I don't like a lot of old thrash that people worship. Slayer after Reign, Metallica after MoP, Megadeth, Anthrax, Tankard, Destruction, most Kreator, Overkill, Death Angel, most Sepultura etc.
So when you start with a genre trying to replicate music (at an obviously lesser quality than the genres originators) I don't really like I'm not going to like. Then, the most painful part is that 2000s neo thrash bands try to emulate bands that were already thrash revival bands, like Municipal Waste. Half of the neo thrash bands I hear just want to be MW, both musically and visually. All neo thrash albums also have painfully clean production, and are totally devoid of the spirit which fueled all of my favorite classic thrash. I can usually tolerate stagnant genres, but if it's something I don't like to begin with it pisses me off more. Combine that with the fact that their fans are basically scene kids, and I really hate it. So all that, the movements massive popularity and presence at half the shows I go to, is why I find it so terrible.

i dont know, what its like anywere else but in buffalo these are underground bands

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
i dont know, what its like anywere else but in buffalo these are underground bands
:lol:
I read that three times glancing between the text and the SN.
Good job!

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 05:51 PM

Municipal Waste is definetly underground.

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 05:52 PM

Underground for mainstream music? Yes.
Underground for metal? You must be joking.

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Underground for mainstream music? Yes.
Underground for metal? You must be joking.

Im done arguing about what should be obviouse.

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 05:56 PM

Kreator, Destruction and Death Angel are underground too. With the younger generation of metal Sepultura and Overkill are underground too. Talk to most metalheads my age or younger they will know the Big four, Testament and possibly Exodus. Some probably wont even know Anthrax.

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Im done arguing about what should be obviouse.

It's obvious. Do you not have firefox or any half way decent browser?

Municipal Waste are signed to Earache Records.
That alone should be an indicator that they are not 'underground' for metal.
They go on world tours, play sold out shows, headline festivals, have CDs that can be purchased at Borders or Best Buy, sell shirts at Hot Topic. If that's underground, what is your definition of a mainstream metal band, short of Iron Maiden?

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 06:10 PM
It's obvious. Do you not have firefox or any half way decent browser?

Municipal Waste are signed to Earache Records.
That alone should be an indicator that they are not 'underground' for metal.
They go on world tours, play sold out shows, headline festivals, have CDs that can be purchased at Borders or Best Buy, sell shirts at Hot Topic. If that's underground, what is your definition of a mainstream metal band, short of Iron Maiden?

Mainstream here is Metallica,Sabbath, Maiden, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine(unfortunatly), Five Finger Death Punch, Shinedown,Slipknot, Stone Sour,Three Days Grace, Pantera, System of a Down.
That's what alot of people listen to.
That doesn't mean in Buffalo people dont know of bands like Iced Earth, Nevermore, Opeth and MW, but they are still underground.

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Mainstream here is Metallica,Sabbath, Maiden, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine(unfortunatly), Five Finger Death Punch, Shinedown,Slipknot, Stone Sour,Three Days Grace, Pantera, System of a Down.
That doesn't mean in Buffalo people dont know of bands like Iced Earth, Nevermore, Opeth and MW, but they are still underground.

Sorry dude but I'm pretty sure if you can find their stuff in ANY mall in America, it's not underground. Go on the Maryland Deathfest website, THOSE are underground bands.

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Ok, see we are talking about two completely different groups of people. By metalheads I mean people who actively listen to non-radio metal, go to club shows etc.; not random people who wear Metal Mulisha stuff, go to Mayhemfest, and in addition to top 40 hits listen to some hard rock radio, which seems to be who you are describing.

makethemsuffer12
03-01-2011, 06:17 PM

When he said MW aren't underground for metal, he meant for actual metal fans. Not Hot Topic dwelling kids that think A7X and Slipknot are the definition of metal.

Ok, see we are talking about two completely different groups of people. By metalheads I mean people who actively listen to non-radio metal, go to club shows etc.; not random people who wear Metal Mulisha stuff, go to Mayhemfest, and in addition to top 40 hits listen to some hard rock radio, which seems to be who you are describing.

:(

mastodon421
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm a little biast since they are one of my favorite bands of all time, but all of Pantera's records are amazing. They didn't put out one stinker over their entire career which is pretty damn impressive, imo.

On the topic of Evile, they are one of the worst modern thrash bands, imo. I completely agree with Brad, they are a terrible,Slayer-wannabe band.

C'mon Indestructible with saying Municipal Waste is underground. They aren't that popular, but they are far,far away from underground.

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 06:21 PM

I went to a Mayhemfest and had a blast.
But you can't deny that fits the profile of a good amount (if not the majority) of people there.

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2011, 06:24 PM

I think going to Gayhem Fest is excusable when you dont live in California where they have shit like Scion Rock Fest and a thousand other festivals that pwn gayhem.

Indestructible
03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
All of you call me ignorant and say I don't know anything but have all of you read the posts you make. Ive been here two and a half years and everyday everytime I say something I'm labeled ignorant, when all I am doing is stating opinion and telling you my experience with metalhead in Buffalo. You give me shit because I'm not like you, you give me shit because I disagree with you. Instead of debating me like an adult you all act like pricks which is why I never changed. I figured if you guys are allowed to talk shit about me, piss me off and annoy me for no reason Ill do the same back.
Ask yourself who are the real ignorant assholes me or most of you?

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm a little biast since they are one of my favorite bands of all time, but all of Pantera's records are amazing. They didn't put out one stinker over their entire career which is pretty damn impressive, imo.

On the topic of Evile, they are one of the worst modern thrash bands, imo. I completely agree with Brad, they are a terrible,Slayer-wannabe band.

C'mon Indestructible with saying Municipal Waste is underground. They aren't that popular, but they are far,far away from underground.

FINALLY,thank you! But I'd say Evile are more Metallica wannabes than anything, even though I enjoy some of their stuff :eyes:

larvtard
03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I think going to Gayhem Fest is excusable when you dont live in California where they have shit like Scion Rock Fest and a thousand other festivals that pwn gayhem.

ok, please stop saying gayhem. It's really gay.

No, but really, stop.

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 06:27 PM
All of you call me ignorant and say I don't know anything but have all of you read the posts you make. Ive been here two and a half years and everyday everytime I say something I'm labeled ignorant, when all I am doing is stating opinion and telling you my experience with metalhead in Buffalo. You give me shit because I'm not like you, you give me shit because I disagree with you. Instead of debating me like an adult you all act like pricks which is why I never changed. I figured if you guys are allowed to talk shit about me, piss me off and annoy me for no reason Ill do the same back.

It's not that people mess with you just for the hell of it. It's just some of the stuff you say is just so off the wall.

makethemsuffer12
I went to a Mayhemfest and had a blast.
But you can't deny that fits the profile of a good amount (if not the majority) of people there.

Agreed.

The worst I've been too was Ozzfest last year in Connecticut. Dear lord, the rednecks, THE REDNECKS.

larvtard

:violin:

That's not really why we give you shit, though.

It's not that people mess with you just for the hell of it. It's just some of the stuff you say is just so off the wall.

:agree: Exactly.

BloodoftheKings
03-01-2011, 06:28 PM
ok, please stop saying gayhem. It's really gay.

No, but really, stop.

u mad bro? loololoololololoolololololollolololoollolololololo lolol

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 06:30 PM

I presented a perfectly "adult" argument as to why MW are mainstream and you ignored it. Every time someone elaborates on their ideas in an adult fashion which you claim to desire you either ignore it or pick a minuscule part of it to disagree with(and even then you are usually wrong.)

I don't live in Buffalo, but I'm going there this summer for an amazing festival. While watching the tour schedules of incredible underground bands I like, they often stop by Buffalo. Sure, certainly not as much as CA but you easily beat Kansas, and yet Manks somehow is exposed to all sorts of great music and attends great concerts weekly. I think the problem with your scene is you, not Buffalo.

Oh, definitely you.

larvtard
03-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Oh, definitely you.

:lol:

makethemsuffer12
03-01-2011, 06:32 PM

Okay here's your problem. You take the shit we give you way too personal. As said in another thread recently, we all give each other shit, especially when it comes to unusual opinions, which you seem to have a lot of. Maybe YOU can be like an adult and backup your opinions instead of acting like a baby and call us "ignorant assholes" whenever we crack a couple of jokes at you. Don't take shit so close to heart, especially on the internet.

u mad bro? loololoololololoolololololollolololoollolololololo lolol

It just makes you seem like you have the attitude of a 13 year old, and we know that you're better than that.

DethMaiden
03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Man, my one-liner was better than I thought if it spawned all this. :eyes:

Wizzbang11
03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Man, my one-liner was better than I thought if it spawned all this. :eyes:

Oh, it was. :D

Sepultura69
03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Kreator, Destruction and Death Angel are underground too. Sepultura and Overkill are underground too..

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Funny%20gifs/shaq.gif

IrritatedTrout
03-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Hint: It's the spelling, man.

daimonos
03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
This thread fucking sucks.

Also, I still don't get the whole "LOG=Pantera rip off" thing. It seems like the only people who claim that either don't like either of the bands or don't like Lamb of God.

Oh wait, I remember. They're too 'tough'. :tp:

DethMaiden
03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
This thread fucking sucks.

Also, I still don't get the whole "LOG=Pantera rip off" thing. It seems like the only people who claim that either don't like either of the bands or don't like Lamb of God.

Oh wait, I remember. They're too 'tough'. :tp:

Not too tough. Only tough. ;)

MPF
03-01-2011, 09:45 PM
To quote myself quoting Family Guy on a similar style thread.

Coming up next on CBS, Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Now It's Just Getting Sad!

mankvill
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
To quote myself quoting Family Guy

MPF
03-01-2011, 10:53 PM

:( all you want. I rarely if ever watch it anymore, but the statement is pretty true about most threads here now a days.

Now it's just getting sad.

jhdeity
03-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I'd like to bury this thread with 1 fact. Vulgar and Trendkill are 2 of the 20 best albums ever made of ANY genre. Thank you, drive thru...

Natrlhi
03-02-2011, 10:31 AM
B. Proof that it's fake. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72572cjqYoc)I'm not really a big Pantera fan, although I don't have an active hate streak for them either like some folks on here.

Having said this, I'll admit that it's actually not the point. Did anyone notice what a solid performance these kids gave?

Props to the kids, regardless of how you feel about the song itself, or the band being covered. They kicked ass. :fist:

HandOfDoom
03-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I'd like to bury this thread with 1 fact. Vulgar and Trendkill are 2 of the 20 best albums ever made of ANY genre. Thank you, drive thru...

Amen

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Not even close and no cigar.

evildeadjedi
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm not really a big Pantera fan, although I don't have an active hate streak for them either like some folks on here.

Having said this, I'll admit that it's actually not the point. Did anyone notice what a solid performance these kids gave?

Props to the kids, regardless of how you feel about the song itself, or the band being covered. They kicked ass. :fist:

These kids kicked ass did you see their cover of Cemetery Gates as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7tCoZEKdCk&feature=related

Not to mention the screaming and growling on End of Heartache wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dce9MdDklo

ravenheart
03-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I love Evile (although haven't yet heard the second album, so not sure they maintained what I loved about the first). And live they shit all over Slayer.

They shit all over most new thrash bands while they're asleep.

I do see the '80s Slayer comparison on the new material though (listening now on MySpace). The first album was far better.

makethemsuffer12
03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
I love Evile (although haven't yet heard the second album, so not sure they maintained what I loved about the first). And live they shit all over Slayer.

I do see the '80s Slayer comparison on the new material though (listening now on MySpace). The first album was far better.

No, just no. I've seen both bands twice and Evile were just okay both times. But I was never able to really get into them and Slayer are one of my favorite bands of all time, so I might be a little biased. Evile perform well, but their music is just boring to me.

mankvill
03-02-2011, 02:05 PM

I so wanna see Evile live again. They slayed. :party: