PDA

View Full Version : My New, Non Profit, Blog Site

MPF
02-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey guys,

I know others here have done it, and I have gotten a few request from friends and family to start doing this, so I decided to make my own music blog called That Drummer Guy's Music Review. Also I have no intention of making money off of this like other blogs that can found from here, I wanted to make this to help people discover great music.

Basically it will be about the music that I love, hate, and just discovered. I want to give honest, compelling, and funny reviews to help people discover great music that won't be on top 40 radio.

I just made this a couple hours ago and a few minutes ago I put up my first musical post of a retrospective of the solo albums of Devin Townsend.

If you are interested, check it out and let me know what you think:

http://joshrundquist.blogspot.com

ravenheart
03-01-2011, 02:17 AM
I'd sort out the backdrop, but otherwise, this is the best reason to do a music site or blog, so :fist:

MPF
03-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I'd sort out the backdrop, but otherwise, this is the best reason to do a music site or blog, so :fist:

I'm still working on everything. A lot of it I still need to change up, like you mentioned, but I like doing it so far.

Working on post number 2 now.

ShatteredFlame
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Great Devin Townsend insight. I got my dad to listen to Addicted and he also agrees that his music is perfect for radio play.

MPF
03-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks man.

There is no reason why any song off of Addicted shouldn't have been on the radio. If none of my band work out, I'm going to play drop b tuning and sound just like a hybrid of Addicted and Nickelback and make a band called SEX or FUCKING and make every song about that and make millions. then eventually call myself SELL OUT, but I'd at least prove a point there.

jhdeity
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM
You misspelled you own bands name. That's pretty damn funny Bro

MPF
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
You misspelled you own bands name. That's pretty damn funny Bro

Where? :confused:

jhdeity
03-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Where? :confused:

You're welcome. Def a cool idea

MPF
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
You're welcome. Def a cool idea
liking the idea.

MPF
03-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Hey guys, I havent updated this thread much but I have plenty of new posts up on my blog ranging from Alcest To Metallica to my 2010 thread I made here.

Feel free to check it out. I'll be adding more soon.

MPF
04-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Another quick bump for this. I've added a few things since this time, including a guide to Modern Progressive Metal, A Mastodon album retrospective, amongst other things, check it out. I hope you dig it.

http://joshrundquist.blogspot.com/