PDA

View Full Version : Motley & Poison NA Tour

300%_Density
02-28-2011, 09:49 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154647

Few dates in the article. Haters be damned it will be fun. I'm in!!!!

Recent "The Celebrity Apprentice" winner and Donald Trump favorite, rocker Bret Michaels, currently recuperating from heart surgery, will reunite with all original POISON band mates for a 25th-anniversary tour tentatively titled "Glam – A – Gedon 25". For the first time ever POISON and MÖTLEY CRÜE will co-headline a select date summer tour with special guests the NEW YORK DOLLS.

Although several controversial statements have been made in the press by certain members of MÖTLEY CRÜE vowing this tour would never happen, that is simply not the case. Fans of both bands have spoken and want the tour to happen and both MÖTLEY CRÜE and POISON have agreed. Concert promoters in these select cities state that the buzz is unbelievable for both the POISON dates as well as the MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON tour. No doubt this will be the rock tour of the summer.

Tickets for the MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON tour will go on sale March 18. POISON plan to kick off their 25th-anniversary "Glam -A – Gedon 25" tour in Tupelo Mississippi at the Bancorp South Arena Wednesday May 25. Michaels will then continue solo, playing Thursday, May 26 in Ft. Walton Beach where he will perform for the fans and troops as he did last Memorial Day weekend. Michaels will rejoin POISON in Little Rock at the River Fest Amphitheater on Friday, May 27. Michaels will then perform solo at the Hard Rock in Biloxi on Saturday, May 28. Bret will rejoin POISON and MÖTLEY CRÜE Sunday, May 29 at Rocklahoma. POISON will then continue on alone playing arenas from Memorial Day until rejoining MÖTLEY CRÜE in Dallas at the Starplex Amphitheater on Tuesday, June 7.

girnny777
02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Nice! I've never seen Poison before. Everytime they tour I tell myself "Eh, they'll be back next year." Now that they're coming through with Motley Crue I'm definitely going.

Steev
02-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Id go

Crue is usually good live(Vince has some SERIOUS off nights though) and Poison was good when I saw them open for Kiss

NickLed19
02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Nikki Sixx is such a sellout. I am a huge Motley fan, but I will not travel to see this crap. No way in hell.

300%_Density
02-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Nikki Sixx is such a sellout. I am a huge Motley fan, but I will not travel to see this crap. No way in hell.

Hmmm out of all the people involved in this and Nikki Sixx is the only sell out?

NickLed19
02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Hmmm out of all the people involved in this and Nikki Sixx is the only sell out?

Sixx has bashed Poison since Day 1. Has talked about how he would never tour with them, and how terrible they are. Sixx controls everything Motley does. Hell Vince and Tommy probly found out today, haha. This is why Sixx is the one to blame. He wants to tour with a shit band like Poison to make Motley look better, and sell tickets.

Cruefest was a disaster because Godsmack blew them off the stage.

300%_Density
02-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Sixx has bashed Poison since Day 1. Has talked about how he would never tour with them, and how terrible they are. Sixx controls everything Motley does. Hell Vince and Tommy probly found out today, haha. This is why Sixx is the one to blame. He wants to tour with a shit band like Poison to make Motley look better, and sell tickets.

Cruefest was a disaster because Godsmack blew them off the stage.

Fair enough. Valid point. At the same time Poison has still bashed Motley as well. I don't really think that one side is really anymore innocent as the other. And the the fact that Godsmack blew them off the stage is not that surprising. I'm not a huge Godsmack fan but live they really do bring it.

Travis The Dragon
02-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I saw both bands at RockFest years ago and they kicked major ass. Hopefully this comes here.

NickLed19
02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Agreed on Godsmack, but it was actually sad. Motley came out and people started leaving after a song or 2. Did not help any that they played Dr.Feelgood all the way through. Most of that album is not good. On top of it all, Smack even brought it harder because of the way Nikki acted the whole tour.

Magson13
02-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Godsmack was no where close to Motley Crue's performance. People left because casual fans didn't know the rarity tracks from Feelgood. People who aren't all over rock radio's nuts stayed and had a great time, because Motley was incredible.

Steev
02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Godsmack was great on that tour, Motley was the best id seen them

Honestly Vince tends to not sound so great, but that show he was on

and come on how many bands that "hate" each other end up touring together? Its the best marketing gimmick out there

NickLed19
03-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Godsmack was no where close to Motley Crue's performance. People left because casual fans didn't know the rarity tracks from Feelgood. People who aren't all over rock radio's nuts stayed and had a great time, because Motley was incredible.

Not really. Godsmack brought the house down, and Motley was ok at best. The Feelgood songs did not go over that well outside of Feelgood, Kickstart, SOS, and DGAM. Some of the songs are just stupid like Rattesnake Shake. Motley is very hit and miss live, I saw them with Aerosmith in 06 and they were awful, then saw them in 08 and they were great.

bennythedog
03-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Not really. Godsmack brought the house down, and Motley was ok at best. The Feelgood songs did not go over that well outside of Feelgood, Kickstart, SOS, and DGAM. Some of the songs are just stupid like Rattesnake Shake. Motley is very hit and miss live, I saw them with Aerosmith in 06 and they were awful, then saw them in 08 and they were great.

The Feelgood songs never go over well for a few reasons.

The songs are harder to play, as they were actually sober when they wrote them.
They overdubbed the heck out of the album so, they can't possibly play all the parts.
Bob Rock, as usual, totally over-produced the album so it's impossible to recreate the sound live.
They got away from the glam-punk, 3-chord rocking selves, which began on the Girls, Girls, Girls album.

Motley, like a lot of the 8-'s bands started with 2 albums where every song was great, then TOP had about 7, Girls had 3-4, and DRF had 3-4.

John

NickLed19
03-01-2011, 11:51 AM
The Feelgood songs never go over well for a few reasons.

The songs are harder to play, as they were actually sober when they wrote them.
They overdubbed the heck out of the album so, they can't possibly play all the parts.
Bob Rock, as usual, totally over-produced the album so it's impossible to recreate the sound live.
They got away from the glam-punk, 3-chord rocking selves, which began on the Girls, Girls, Girls album.

Motley, like a lot of the 8-'s bands started with 2 albums where every song was great, then TOP had about 7, Girls had 3-4, and DRF had 3-4.

John

Agree 100%. I love TFFL and Shout, after that it kinda goes downhill. I will say GGG has some good songs on it. Five Years Dead, Dancing on Glass, All in the Name of..., and Wild Side are great.

NickLed19
03-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Dates...

http://www.sixxsense.com/pages/features/artists/cruetour2011/

Steev
03-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Im definately going

wow, 4th summer in a row they're hitting Camden

Shadowswillfall414
03-01-2011, 03:01 PM
What ever happened to nikki saying that they would tour with a "faggot band like poison"? Well, well i guess money talks.

Steev
03-01-2011, 03:06 PM
What ever happened to nikki saying that they would tour with a "faggot band like poison"? Well, well i guess money talks.

it does, but I think it's also a case of putting things asside for the sake of the fans(much like the Big 4)

Shadowswillfall414
03-01-2011, 03:08 PM
it does, but I think it's also a case of putting things asside for the sake of the fans(much like the Big 4)

Yeah but nikki said that like a couple of months ago. At least with the big 4, there bashing stoped for a little while before it happened.

Steev
03-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah but nikki said that like a couple of months ago. At least with the big 4, there bashing stoped for a little while before it happened.

eh, what can you do?

could have been to also divert people from leaking the tour

Shadowswillfall414
03-01-2011, 03:32 PM
eh, what can you do?

could have been to also divert people from leaking the tour

True. Anyways looks like a decent tour. Always wanted to see motley crue and im not a big fan of poison but there not bad. Might check this out.

Steev
03-01-2011, 03:40 PM
True. Anyways looks like a decent tour. Always wanted to see motley crue and im not a big fan of poison but there not bad. Might check this out.

Poison is actually really good live, I saw them open for Kiss back when I pretty much hated glam and was blown away by them

Shadowswillfall414
03-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Poison is actually really good live, I saw them open for Kiss back when I pretty much hated glam and was blown away by them

Well then thats cool. Ill go to this if the moneys available.

Blackened12
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Dammit same day as Mayhem Fest!! :flame:

girnny777
03-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Ugh... I hate it when bands play Mohegan Sun. It's a nice venue but it's a pain in the ass to get to and the ticket prices are ALWAYS mind-fuckingly high. The cheapest Def Leppard tickets are $65, the cheapest Bon Jovi tickets are $150.

christopher
03-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Just got my ticket!! Motley Crue, Poison and New York Dolls is going to be a dirty mix :party:

xskizzelzx90x
03-26-2011, 10:32 AM
just telling everybody, the ONLY price for tickets on the pittsburgh date is like 97 bucks...thats GA

daimonos
03-26-2011, 10:56 AM
just telling everybody, the ONLY price for tickets on the pittsburgh date is like 97 bucks...thats GA

LOL

Guess I'm not going.

300%_Density
03-26-2011, 06:30 PM
After seeing prices I am that much more grateful for Rocklahoma. And will get BLS to boot and half the price. I'll say again thank you Rocklahoma.

PowerMaiden
03-26-2011, 07:16 PM
this is a gay tour ...

.. right ?

Cheers !
PowerMaiden