PDA

View Full Version : Tom Araya back in hospital

ravenheart
02-27-2011, 04:08 AM
"Tom Araya has been hospitalized after yesterdays show in Brisbane, Australia. Reports say that the hospital is keeping him in over the night. As a result of this Slayer's appearance today at the Soundwave Festival has been cancelled. Why this has happened is not clear so far, rumors say it has to do with his surgery early last year, but these are only rumors."

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 07:25 AM
I feel like we are seriously nearing the end of the all mighty Slayer. It seems like they have been on a role with canceling tours and shows. How much longer can they keep doing this? I mean isn't Dave or Kerry saying in the back of their heads "Goddammit, why does this keep fucking happening?". I'm pretty sure they're frustrated with this bullshit. Toms Pushing near 50, I really have no idea how much longer he can keep doing this. I really hope they pull through for the Big four show :(

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 07:30 AM
I feel like we are seriously nearing the end of the all mighty Slayer. It seems like they have been on a role with canceling tours and shows. How much longer can they keep doing this? I mean isn't Dave or Kerry saying in the back of their heads "Goddammit, why does this keep fucking happening?". I'm pretty sure they're frustrated with this bullshit. Toms Pushing near 50, I really have no idea how much longer he can keep doing this. I really hope they pull through for the Big four show :(

I hope he's better by the 15th of March, I gotta see them for the first time! :flame:

PowerMaiden
02-27-2011, 07:34 AM
fuck !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 07:35 AM
I hope he's better by the 15th of March, I gotta see them for the first time! :flame:

You better have a review and setlist for us after you're done with the show so I can bombard the thread with my rants:D

LONG LIVE SLAYER :fist:

Also, ravenheart. There are some Videos online with gary holt incase you wanted to check them out. :rocker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhQc3fqbSRs

This is them playing PAYBACK off god hates us all. I gotta admit, i really love how Holt is all over the place where as Jeff....just sort of stands in that one spot and never really moves...

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 07:39 AM
You better have a review and setlist for us after you're done with the show so I can bombard the thread with my rants:D

LONG LIVE SLAYER :fist:

Also, ravenheart. There are some Videos online with gary holt incase you wanted to check them out. :rocker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhQc3fqbSRs

This is them playing PAYBACK off god hates us all. I gotta admit, i really love how Holt is all over the place where as Jeff....just sort of stands in that one spot and never really moves...

Why rant? Also it'll be my first Slayer show, and my second Megadeth show. :rocker: I don't know how to react to having Gary Holt instead of Hannemann.

I'll be sure to give you whatever comes to me. ;)

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Why rant? Also it'll be my first Slayer show, and my second Megadeth show. :rocker: I don't know how to react to having Gary Holt instead of Hannemann.

ahahahha I was just joking around about the "Rant", I just meant so I can come on yo thread and check it out and see how great you're show was. Hopefully the band doesn't pull out on the last minute when you go to see them. :(

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 07:55 AM
come on yo thread

do not want do not want do not want do not want

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 08:07 AM
come on yo thread

do not want do not want do not want do not want

I guess that didn't really come out right :lol: :hecho::eyes:

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I guess that didn't really come out right :lol: :hecho::eyes:

I'm sorry, I'm not into that kind of stuff. :allan:

haha no, i get what you mean. :cool: i really can't wait. it's going to be the awesomest gig of the year along with System of a Down, Muse, and Roger Waters.

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not into that kind of stuff. :allan:

haha no, i get what you mean. :cool: i really can't wait. it's going to be the awesomest gig of the year along with System of a Down, Muse, and Roger Waters.

You're seeing Roger Waters this year? Have fun man! I saw Roger Waters last year in November, and it was the best show of 2010 for me, hands down. ENJOY.:rocker:

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 08:20 AM
You're seeing Roger Waters this year? Have fun man! I saw Roger Waters last year in November, and it was the best show of 2010 for me, hands down. ENJOY.:rocker:

Pity I'll never hear Dark Side of the Moon material live. By the way, did you know that David Gilmour will be joining him for our concert? ;)

I'm seeing more than thirty gigs this year, and that's not saying much about festivals. Most people have one or two genres they listen to, so they don't have to go to that much but my range of listening is so wide you may as well say I'm forced to go to everything. ^^

larvtard
02-27-2011, 08:20 AM
when I saw this, I was like NOOOO :bouville:
but when I saw the news about Jeff, I was just like oh well :(
Just wanted to share that observation.

also:

FUCK OFF

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 08:22 AM
when I saw this, I was like NOOOO :bouville:
but when I saw the news about Jeff, I was just like oh well :(
Just wanted to share that observation.

I would agree. A singer is irreplaceable unless you're the fucking Doors, and a guitarist is. It's an unfortunate danger with being a guitarist. :eyes:

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 08:29 AM
FUCK OFF

What :confused:

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 08:31 AM
What :confused:

He's going through the first step of pre-band's breakup fan syndrome - DENIAL. :hmm:

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 08:34 AM
He's going through the first step of pre-band's breakup fan syndrome - DENIAL. :hmm:

Ah, I see. For a second I thought I said something to piss him off or something. As for a break up. IF and IF they were to break up they would obviously go on one Final WORLD tour grand finale. The only way Slayer would abruptly stop is if Tom or another member passes away(which I certainly hope that doesn't happen to any of them anytime soon).

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Ah, I see. For a second I thought I said something to piss him off or something. As for a break up. IF and IF they were to break up they would obviously go on one Final WORLD tour grand finale. The only way Slayer would abruptly stop is if Tom or another member passes away(which I certainly hope that doesn't happen to any of them anytime soon).

Off topic, but Slash wrote in his autobiography that once on the G N' R / Metallica tour back in '92 he came into his hotel room only to find Hetfield skullfucking a chick yelling out the lyrics to Master of Puppets. :D

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Off topic, but Slash wrote in his autobiography that once on the G N' R / Metallica tour back in '92 he came into his hotel room only to find Hetfield skullfucking a chick yelling out the lyrics to Master of Puppets. :D

Wow... I have a new found respect for James Hetfield

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Wow... I have a new found respect for James Hetfield

"OBEY YOUR MASTER"
/muffled/ "OW... THAT HURT"
"SHUT UP BITCH :rocker:"

ravenheart
02-27-2011, 09:37 AM
All the footage I've seen of them with Holt has sucked. But yes, you'll get much more of a performance from Holt than you ever will from Hanneman. I wish I had the chance to see them with Gary, but I know I won't.

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 09:47 AM
All the footage I've seen of them with Holt has sucked. But yes, you'll get much more of a performance from Holt than you ever will from Hanneman. I wish I had the chance to see them with Gary, but I know I won't.

By "Suck", do you mean that their performance with Holt sucks or that the quality of the videos suck?

elturtleboy
02-27-2011, 10:10 AM
:boohoo::boohoo:

ravenheart
02-27-2011, 11:31 AM
By "Suck", do you mean that their performance with Holt sucks or that the quality of the videos suck?

They're fan filmed with a phone. What do you think? ;)

DisposableJustice
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM

Here's a half way decent one of "Hate" with the camera focused on Holt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINrqG-J-f0

ravenheart
02-27-2011, 02:13 PM
All concerts should come equipped with the laser trap from the 'Resident Evil' movie. Or rather, a focused version thereof. It's purpose being to sever the hand of every asshole who holds up a piece of shit phone to take an awful photo or record a video clip.

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Here's a half way decent one of "Hate" with the camera focused on Holt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINrqG-J-f0

I hope someone posts a video of "Postmortem". I would love to see that one :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-27-2011, 02:32 PM

I didn't get Lombardo the first time I saw Slayer back in '87. I got T.J. Scaglione. I've actually seen Slayer with all four different drummers over the years.

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 02:40 PM
All concerts should come equipped with the laser trap from the 'Resident Evil' movie. Or rather, a focused version thereof. It's purpose being to sever the hand of every asshole who holds up a piece of shit phone to take an awful photo or record a video clip.

This :fist:

I like the way you think Rave ;)

Crionics
02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
I hope he is okay...

Dextrimental
02-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Tom looks like he is enjoying that performance at least. Man, I got into music just a shade too late to see Dimebag live, as much as I will admit that I understand if Slayer choose to quit, I will honestly cry if they did. My favorite band is gone forever, my second favorite band being gone would really suck.

hellawaits77ny
02-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Not sure if this has been posted here, but rumor has it is Tom went to the hospital for an ear infection. According to his wife, that's NOT the case. Whatever it is, I hope he recovers fully + soon.

DisposableJustice
02-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote from Dave's Facbook:

Tom is doing better.
Apologies to our Australian fans.

:party:

hellawaits77ny
03-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Apparently Tom was suffering from vertigo............

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154680