PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here watch old sports games?

JRA
02-27-2011, 12:06 AM
I mean, ESPN classic exists for a reason I guess.

But the reason why the question pops up is I've been watching a lot of old wrestling matches that either really popular or have won match of the year from the wrestling observer newsletter. And while I'm watching Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair go at it for two out of three falls, I think to myself, "am I the only person that does this sort of thing?" Is there really anyone watching Pittsburgh vs. Dallas at Super Bowl 8 decades after its done?

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 12:19 AM
I watch boxing matches from the 70s with my dad on TV.

Dextrimental
02-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Myself and my brother haven't watched a wrestling match from the last five years yet we both avid fans of wrestling. The classic matches are just better, its much like watching a live dvd from Binge and Purge by Metallica, nowadays its just not as entertaining, or at least not as consistently entertaining. My dad also watches golf games from decades ago, and him and my brother will watch ANY world cup game you care to mention!

TonyD
02-27-2011, 08:46 AM
I can't really watch old games unless I was there and didn't get to see it on TV or it was really significant to me, because half of the fun is not knowing what's gonna happen.

DethMaiden
02-27-2011, 08:52 AM
I tried to watch the 1975 World Series on DVD once. Pretty boring when you know the outcome.

But I can watch basketball highlight reels all day. I think that's a little different because there you're mostly watching it to be impressed by athleticism, not to see who wins.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-27-2011, 09:11 AM
I'll watch old Super Bowl highlights and Fox Soccer Channel shows old English soccer matches. I'll stop down for those since a lot of the time I don't know the outcome.