End of Innocence (new song)
Paradise Lost
Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Smoke and Mirrors
Dehumanized (new song)
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
----------------------------------------
Sea of Lies

*sigh* Symphony on auto-pilot setlist wise. oh well. Nevermore I guess didn't play since Warrel had plane issues coming in.

maidenpriest
02-26-2011, 10:36 AM
hopefully the US gets a longer set seeing how Europe is being labeled as a "co-headliner" whereas the tour in April isn't.

MPF
02-26-2011, 11:41 AM
According to a friend of mine who went to the show. Warrel missed the plane and couldn't get another flight till the next day. Haha, oh Warrel.

I'll ask her how the new SX songs were live.

DethMaiden
02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame set.

maidenpriest
02-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame set.

agreed. i love Symphony though so i'll see it again. Plus ive never seen Nevermore.

DethMaiden
02-26-2011, 12:10 PM
agreed. i love Symphony though so i'll see it again. Plus ive never seen Nevermore.

Yeah, I'm excited for the show, but I'd love something from V and something besides Inferno from The Odyssey, as much as I do love that song. Pretty phoned in set. Hopefully the new songs sound good.

sarsip
02-26-2011, 12:27 PM
They played Egypt and part of the Oracle from V. They need to play a different song(s) from the Odyssey.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-26-2011, 03:46 PM
They played Egypt and part of the Oracle from V.

Communion and the Oracle is probably my favorite SX tune.

They need to play a different song(s) from the Odyssey.

King of Terrors, please.

MPF
02-27-2011, 08:40 AM
From my friend who was actually at the show:

The set was about 70 min... yeah that's kinda short, but there'll be a normal tour for the new album in the fall. Anyway, the atmosphere was good and ppl didn't seem to be too disappointed about Nevermore not playing.

The new SX songs sound...ed great, classical SX style, nice vocal lines.. that's all I can say for now

ravenheart
02-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Well, the UK shows will have a longer set because the rest of the package bill aren't playing, but even so... I've seen SX play all of those songs already. I think this pretty much seals me not bothering with their London show . Although to be honest, without the rest of the bill, I wasn't that bothered anyway. I don't know what Nevermore and Psychotic Waltz have got to go and do that's so important they can't play three more shows the week after the rest of the tour.

Maiden33
02-27-2011, 09:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8czvj8PEwJM
Pretty good quality video of the new song, "End of Innocence". I have listened almost 5 times now and I honestly love it. My expectations for the new record have now increased considerably.

MPF
02-27-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm digging it so far. It's heavier and proggier then anything off Paradise Lost. I'm very excited to see them in May.

Maiden33
02-27-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm digging it so far. It's heavier and proggier then anything off Paradise Lost. I'm very excited to see them in May.

I honestly don't really see how it's heavier than anything on Paradise Lost. My big point is that I honestly like it more than anything off of that record except for like 2 songs, so provided it's not the best or one of the top 2-3 songs on the record, my expectations are really, really high. It honestly reminds me a lot of their older stuff, the chorus sounds like classic Divine Wings/Twilight in Olympus stuff.

MPF
02-27-2011, 10:27 PM
I honestly don't really see how it's heavier than anything on Paradise Lost. My big point is that I honestly like it more than anything off of that record except for like 2 songs, so provided it's not the best or one of the top 2-3 songs on the record, my expectations are really, really high. It honestly reminds me a lot of their older stuff, the chorus sounds like classic Divine Wings/Twilight in Olympus stuff.

Something about it feels heavier to me about it. Maybe it's because it's live? I'm not sure, but that and the reminiscent of Divine Wings Of Tragedy/Twilight in Olympus is what Symphony X needed. I'm gad to see they are back on the right track.

As for Paradise Lost, I like the title track (one of the best songs they ever made) Domination and Set The World on Fire, that's about it.

Maiden33
02-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Something about it feels heavier to me about it. Maybe it's because it's live? I'm not sure, but that and the reminiscent of Divine Wings Of Tragedy/Twilight in Olympus is what Symphony X needed. I'm gad to see they are back on the right track.

As for Paradise Lost, I like the title track (one of the best songs they ever made) Domination and Set The World on Fire, that's about it.

Most certainly agreed that the title track is the best thing on Paradise Lost - but Revelation and Eve of Seduction are definitely my #2 and 3. After that it gets kinda hard to pick - all the rest of the songs have both moments I do actually love but are filled with many things I don't.

maidenpriest
02-27-2011, 10:37 PM
now listening and im definitely excited. the guitars kind of sound like a Paradise Lost style but its definitely reminding me of more V stuff. and i fucking love it.

Maiden33
02-27-2011, 10:39 PM
now listening and im definitely excited. the guitars kind of sound like a Paradise Lost style but its definitely reminding me of more V stuff. and i fucking love it.

Yeah, this song most certainly leans towards what I was hoping for from this new stuff. Something that would take the heaviness and whatnot of Paradise Lost and make it more melodic, diverse, dynamic - with more of the "classic" SX sound.

Bluefish
02-28-2011, 06:14 AM
hopefully the US gets a longer set seeing how Europe is being labeled as a "co-headliner" whereas the tour in April isn't.

I sure hope so. Ten songs.

Force10
02-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Would it kill them to practice a different song or two? Every song apart from the 2 new ones were played when I last saw them in 2008.

Fe Maiden
02-28-2011, 01:15 PM
When is the new album due out anyways?

maidenpriest
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
When is the new album due out anyways?

From what I have seen in interviews and such, the first quarter of 2011. so hopefully very soon.

Maiden33
02-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah, the last I heard, they want the album out in May.

JLRedWing13
03-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I've never seen Symphony X so I'm excited to see them regardless of set.