5. Hallowed Point
6. Americon:rocker:
7. Temptation
8. Black Magic:rocker:
9. South of Heaven
10. Raining Blood

1- Yay for Americon being played; I like that on off WPB
2- WTF only 10 songs for Slayer that is a load of horseshit:mad:
3- For 10 songs it aint a bad set; they need to get rid of Hate but otherwise not bad at all

larvtard
02-26-2011, 08:18 AM
For a 10-song set, that's not bad at all. Well, it's ok. "Postmortem" and "Black Magic" are :rocker::rocker::rocker:
I'm slightly curious about their other song choices, though. Why continue doing "Temptation" after the Seasons-in-full tour is over? I think there was a reason that last year was the first time it had ever been played live. "Americon?" Really? Of all the songs they could do off the new album, they do "Americon?" Do they not read album reviews?
Oh... just realized one more thing. Where the hell is "Angel of Death" in the set? :eek::mad::bouville:

DisposableJustice
02-26-2011, 08:22 AM
For a 10-song set, that's not bad at all. Well, it's ok. "Postmortem" and "Black Magic" are :rocker::rocker::rocker:
I'm slightly curious about their other song choices, though. Why continue doing "Temptation" after the Seasons-in-full tour is over? I think there was a reason that last year was the first time it had ever been played live. "Americon?" Really? Of all the songs they could do off the new album, they do "Americon?" Do they not read album reviews?
Oh... just realized one more thing. Where the hell is "Angel of Death" in the set? :eek::mad::bouville:

The lack of Chemical Warfare and/or Hell Awaits is my biggest problem here:bouville:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Surprising they are playing Temptation outside of the Seasons-in-its-entirety set.

One of my favorite Slayer tunes. :rocker:

Edit: Just checked. No videos of the show on youtube yet.

slayerizer
02-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Temptation was played live before in the early 90s

slayerizer
02-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Slayer headlined this right? WTF is the deal with only 10 songs, that can't be right, no way

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Temptation was played live before in the early 90s

I know. I've seen them 17 times staring in 1987.

I meant it's surprising they kept that song in the rotation since it isn't considered one of their "classics".

jhdeity
02-26-2011, 09:39 AM
90% chance this setlist isn't right or complete. I'd only give it a 10% chance and that's because of Gary Holt replacing Jeff and what songs and solos he learned or knew.

mankvill
02-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Slayer headlined this right? WTF is the deal with only 10 songs, that can't be right, no way

Naw, i think this was for the Soundwave Festival. Slayer is on the 2nd stage (Maiden is headlining the main stage) and they might not even headline the 2nd stage. The schedule I saw had Rob Zombie playing after Slayer, but they might be rotating.

TheClairvoyant
02-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Jeff isn't with Slayer right now due to some flesh eating disease caused by a spider right?

Sepultura69
02-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Jeff isn't with Slayer right now due to some flesh eating disease caused by a spider right?

www.google.com

:hmm:

300%_Density
02-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Doing Americon is just LOL worthy. I'd want to see the YouTube just to see how ridiculous it sounds live and how it kills the crowd.

metallicbrian666
02-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Americon is the worst song ever. Kerry should not be allowed to write songs, especially with his deep and thought provoking lyrics.

Sepultura69
02-26-2011, 11:53 AM
They should have replaced "americon" with "Live Undead" and "Temptations" with "CHEMICAL WARFARE". Then that would have been a pretty nice ten song setlist. Considering that they're not even headlining or Co headlining, so I'm not really complaining. I hope they play this at the upcoming Big Four show minus "Americon", "Dead Skin Mask" and "Temptations", and add 5-6 six more songs that are not World Painted blood tunes :snivel:

I don't mind the first two songs, they're just trying to get their album out there. I dig. They really love it and are proud with what they have done with it even though its a piece of crap record.

bobbie solo
02-26-2011, 12:59 PM
except its not a piece of crap, and many fans and critics alike were surprised at how good it actually was. Americon is shit though, esp. with lines like "its all about the motherfucking oil"...cringeworthy, even if i agree with his point.

world painted blood and hate worldwide are quality songs. dont be a snob.

TheClairvoyant
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM

I did google it, but couldn't find anything about it since the offical Slayer website wasn't working, and only found a small amount of imformation from wikipedia which isn't exactly a reliable source, so I just wanted to make sure.

mankvill
02-26-2011, 01:32 PM
For ten songs, this is an okay set. Good mix of old and new, but Americon is the worst song they've written in a LONG time. Temptation is cool, so is Black Magic. They usually take out either Raining Blood or Angel of Death when they aren't playing a good headlining amount.

Sepultura69
02-26-2011, 01:37 PM
world painted blood and hate worldwide are quality songs. dont be a snob.

How am I being a snob? All I said was I don't mind the first two songs on the setlist, I dig that they want to get their album out there. All musicians are proud of the work they make and like for it be shown to the world, but some stuff are just ment to never be played (Americon is a great example). Nothing more nothing less.

Also, different folks different strokes. I love slayers last two records but this one is just :barf:

I do love "UNIT 731" and "Pychopathy Red"...but that's it...

bobbie solo
02-26-2011, 01:42 PM
psychopathy would be a good song to swap out from the new album.

Blacktooth85
02-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I just hope if they ever do their own US headlining tour again, they lay off the song from Seasons. The 20th anniversary is over. I know they're gonna play War Ensemble, the title track, those are cool. But other than that i find that album kinda boring. And the new album is just garbage. I'm sorry, I'm not gonna kiss their ass just because it's Slayer, but it sucks.

Glad to see Black Magic and Postmortem thrown in. Like to see more from Hell Awaits thrown in too. None in this set. My favorite Slayer album.

AnglOvDeth
02-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Nice add with Black Magic, I love that song.
But again I say, Where the fuck is ANYTHING off Divine Intervention? :flame:

:bouville:

JRA
02-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Something good...something good...: Black Magic!!

Where they need improvement: Temptation on its own. :barf:

hellawaits77ny
02-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Nice add with Black Magic, I love that song.
But again I say, Where the fuck is ANYTHING off Divine Intervention? :flame:

:bouville:

Dude, they haven't played anything off DI in years. I'm right there w/ ya though. I wish they would break out some tunes from it. Killing Fields, Sex.Murder.Art, the title track, are among my all time faves.

W/ all the Americon discussion : I actually like the song. I think it's cool they broke it out. Problem is, it isn't a "good" song, very simple music and cheesy lyrics. Would rather have them play Psycopathy Red, Playing W/ Dolls, or The Human Strain.

It seems like a lot of you guys are bitching about the set: GIVE THEM A BREAK!!! They've only had Gary Holt for what, 10 days? You must've expected them to be somewhat limited in their ability to play certain songs. Yes, I agree the setlist sucked, but what did you expect to see w/o Jeff?

JRA
02-26-2011, 03:27 PM
The only two new songs they need to play are World Painted Blood and Beauty Through Order.

Sepultura69
02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Dude, they haven't played anything off DI in years. I'm right there w/ ya though. I wish they would break out some tunes from it. Killing Fields, Sex.Murder.Art, the title track, are among my all time faves.

Can't forget "Dittohead" :D

It seems like a lot of you guys are bitching about the set: GIVE THEM A BREAK!!! They've only had Gary Holt for what, 10 days? You must've expected them to be somewhat limited in their ability to play certain songs. Yes, I agree the setlist sucked, but what did you expect to see w/o Jeff?

It's not even that. Gary Holt is a fuckin' pro, that fucker could probably learn a shit ton of songs in less than a week. The only reason they're playing such a limited set is because they're not headlinging nor are they co-headlining. But for the Big Four I would assume atleast a 16 song set at TOPS. And I would not mind a set like this as long as they take out "Temptations", "Americon", and leave out any other Word Painted blood songs that they want to play. Also, I just realized....

No Dead Skin Mask on this set:party:

hellawaits77ny
02-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Can't forget "Dittohead" :D

It's not even that. Gary Holt is a fuckin' pro, that fucker could probably learn a shit ton of songs in less than a week. The only reason they're playing such a limited set is because they're not headlinging nor are they co-headlining. But for the Big Four I would assume atleast a 16 song set at TOPS. And I would not mind a set like this as long as they take out "Temptations", "Americon", and leave out any other Word Painted blood songs that they want to play. Also, I just realized....

No Dead Skin Mask on this set:party:

Dittohead is a good one, too.

Yeah Man, get Temptation the fuck outta there.

Also, very happy to see both Black Magic + Hallowed Point!

girnny777
02-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Black

Fucking

Magic

:D

mankvill
02-26-2011, 04:27 PM
:2cents:

I have recently found a new appreciation for Divine Intervention.

Sepultura69
02-26-2011, 04:28 PM
:2cents:

I have recently found a new appreciation for Divine Intervention.
What Happen?

mankvill
02-26-2011, 04:37 PM
What Happen?

I used to be one of those guys that was OMG FIRST FIVE SLAYER ALBUMS ONLY

but Divine Intervention isn't bad at all.

Sepultura69
02-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I used to be one of those guys that was OMG FIRST FIVE SLAYER ALBUMS ONLY

but Divine Intervention isn't bad at all.

It's not. Pretty underrated slayer album actually. I'm not one of those "omg FIRST FIVE SLAYER ALBUMS ONLY" type of person.

I'm one of those "OMG FIRST FIVE ALBUMS ARE THE BEST, BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS PREFERRED TASTE" type of person. I actually love all the albums they made after "Seasons" except for Diablous and World Painted Blood.

Also, i know its just an EP but I think Haunting the Chapel should be up there as "OMG FIRST 6 ALBUMS ARE THE BEST". Haunting the Chapel may have only had 4 songs but they are some of the best songs that slayer has ever made. If they had made 4-5 more songs that had the same intensity, aggression and gritty Atmosphere that "Aggressive Perfector", "Capitor of Sin", "CHEMICAL WARFARE" and "Haunting the Chapel" had, I would rank it as the best Slayer album(in my opinion)

Blacktooth85
02-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah I'll co-sign and Divine Intervention being underrated. That album is badass. They've thrown Dittohead in every once in a while in the past few years, but that's it. Would die to see 213 thrown in. One of my all time favorite Slayer songs.

ravenheart
02-26-2011, 05:27 PM
World Painted Blood is not a good album. It's a colour-by-numbers album. It's the Slayer formula on repeat. It's boring.

That set is alright. Dropping 'Angel of Death' is awesome. I love big "fuck you" moves in setlists. It's not up there with Ozzy dropping 'Paranoid', Motorhead dropping 'Ace of Spades' or 'Metallica' dropping 'Enter Sandman', but it's up there.

JRA
02-26-2011, 05:44 PM
World Painted Blood is not a good album. It's a colour-by-numbers album. It's the Slayer formula on repeat. It's boring.

That set is alright. Dropping 'Angel of Death' is awesome. I love big "fuck you" moves in setlists. It's not up there with Ozzy dropping 'Paranoid', Motorhead dropping 'Ace of Spades' or 'Metallica' dropping 'Enter Sandman', but it's up there.

Ozzy dropping Crazy Train would be much more of a "fuck you" move for him.

larvtard
02-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Uh, yeah it is. What other song defines Slayer more than "Angel of Death?" Besides "Raining Blood," that is.

other points to add:
-WPB is leagues better than Christ Illusion, God Hates Us All, and obviously Diabolus. In my opinion, of course.
-I've also recently taken a liking to Divine Intervention. I'm never gonna cry out for them to play anything from that album, because there's so much better stuff from the first 5 they could be playing, but nevertheless, it's a great album.

larvtard
02-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Americon is the worst song ever. Kerry should not be allowed to write songs, especially with his deep and thought provoking lyrics.

Interesting tidbit. Of all the songs King wrote by himself, "Expendable Youth" is the only good one. Not only can't he solo, he can't write a song.
He's cowritten a bunch of good ones with Jeff, but of all the songs Jeff wrote by himself, there isn't a bad one.

Kapper
02-26-2011, 06:40 PM
OK, I was actually at the Soundwave festival last night and saw Slayer so let me clear up some issues/errors.

Firstly, yes it is a short set, but they only had an hour to play. That being said, they could have probably squeezed in another tune - there was too much 'dead air' between songs.

Secondly, Gary Holt was PERFECT. Seriously, he nailed everything, and he kept the solos fairly close to the originals. Also, his stage presence is better than Hanneman,

Finally the set is slightly out of wack. They most certainly DID play 'Angel of Death', it was their final song. 'Black Magic' was actually played at the end of 'Raining Blood'. Basically they played 'Raining' all the way through, until just before the final insane thrash/guitar solo section. At that point they let the feedback hang, and threw in an interlude of 'Chemical Warfare', then moved onto 'Black Magic'.

scrunt
02-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Black Magic' was actually played at the end of 'Raining Blood'. Basically they played 'Raining' all the way through, until just before the final insane thrash/guitar solo section. At that point they let the feedback hang, and threw in an interlude of 'Chemical Warfare', then moved onto 'Black Magic'.

I love it when they cut the end off of Raining Blood and go straight into Black Magic; I really hope they do that in Indio.

Crionics
02-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Gah at Americon, but kudos for BM and Postmortem.

velvetgrass
02-26-2011, 07:24 PM
According to setlist.fm "Mandatory Suicide" and "Angel Of Death" were also played at this show-
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2011/rna-showgrounds-brisbane-australia-6bd21a8a.html

^ Since setlist.fm isn't always reliable, can anyone confirm or debunk this?

hellawaits77ny
02-26-2011, 07:54 PM
According to setlist.fm "Mandatory Suicide" and "Angel Of Death" were also played at this show-
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2011/rna-showgrounds-brisbane-australia-6bd21a8a.html

^ Since setlist.fm isn't always reliable, can anyone confirm or debunk this?

Just saw that, too. Makes sense. 12 songs seems more realistic than 10.

stomper622
02-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Kapper is right, they did play Angel of Death. Here is the video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ9Ab4YqMp4

hellawaits77ny
02-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Set has been changed yet again. Someone updated it at setlist.fm claiming they played Payback.

bobbie solo
02-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Id like to see some more enthusiasm from araya. I think part of why the setlists are so stagnant is that band kinda doesn't have their heart in this anymore...or at least tom doesn't seem like he does. King said tom would have no part of the big four performance at the end of the show...he did an interview recently where he claimed to know nothing about their future plans, and just talked about wanting to see his family as much as he could before and after shows...plus does he ever look like he's having fun up there? I dunno...just how I see it.

Dextrimental
02-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Id like to see some more enthusiasm from araya. I think part of why the setlists are so stagnant is that band kinda doesn't have their heart in this anymore...or at least tom doesn't seem like he does. King said tom would have no part of the big four performance at the end of the show...he did an interview recently where he claimed to know nothing about their future plans, and just talked about wanting to see his family as much as he could before and after shows...plus does he ever look like he's having fun up there? I dunno...just how I see it.

Well, for the big four thing, they had three voalists and three bass players up there, Tom probably felt like he couldn't add anything, and he was in the photo at the end with everyone on stage. I seen them last year at Graspop, and Tom was all smiles while playing for us, he's loving it. King is the one who does the setlists, so thats all his game, he's bad at constructing them. That setlist is ok, not great, but ok, considering its not headlining, and its at a festival.

DisposableJustice
02-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Set has been changed yet again. Someone updated it at setlist.fm claiming they played Payback.

Yes indeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhQc3fqbSRs

I like the updated list better, let's go with that

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 12:53 AM
does he ever look like he's having fun up there? I dunno...just how I see it.

I saw them in Long beach during the summer, Tom couldn't stop smiling and laughing at the audience. He looked like he was having a blast. Seemed like he was really getting a kick out of watching people go ape shit on eachother. I saw them again 2 months later in Hollywood, and I will admit....Tom looked pretty dead and had this "I wanna get this shit over with" look on his face the entire time. He still sounded great but his stage presence was pretty bland.

Damn, maybe not being able to head bang anymore is finally getting to him. :(

I like the updated list better, let's go with that

Me too! Postmortem, Manditory Suicide, HALLOWED POINT, Payback, BLACK Magic. Oh god, I really hope they keep these songs for the big four show. And for the love of god, keep Dead Skin mask off the setlist. It's a good song, but they have been playing that shit for years and its been almost a staple to their setlist(they might take it out on stupid special occasions but that's pretty much it. Just keep it the fuck off the set.)

joethemetalhead
02-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Just read Tom is back in the hospital. Slayer has had 2 years of crappy luck it seems

hellawaits77ny
02-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Just read Tom is back in the hospital. Slayer has had 2 years of crappy luck it seems

Yep. Hope he's alright.

Benjamin Breeg
02-27-2011, 05:28 AM
I was there and it was great to hear Payback, Hallowed Point, Black Magic, Temptation and Americon. 5 songs i've never heard them play

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Slayer have cancelled their set at Soundwave Sydney only minutes before they were set to go on stage. Our sources at Soundwave have confirmed the band has cancelled. Tom Araya has been admitted to hospital and will be kept in overnight which has forced the band to pull out. Organisers expect the band will be back and ready to perform the Melbourne leg but there are a lot of angry Slayer fans in Sydney right now. Twitter is being bombarded by Soundwave tweets with some fans even stating that there is a riot in progress. Reports are that riot police have been called in to keep the angry crowd in order

makethemsuffer12
02-27-2011, 07:43 AM
That set is fucking sweet, besides Americon and Tempation. I would kill to hear Payback and Black Magic in the same show.

But that sucks about Araya being in the hospital. They've been having such bad luck lately...

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Shitty camera, sound is not too bad. Damn, War Ensemble sounds fucking great. I love how Gary doesn't add that stupid little sound effect that Jeff always does when they play this song. I don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about but everytime they play war ensemble Jeff adds this little stupid sound effect to the song. If anyone has seen slayer in concert they will know what i'm talking about. I really dig how Gary Holt omits that stupid part and just keeps shredding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_InRp8Z2co

:rocker:

DisposableJustice
02-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Damn there are already like 15 youtube videos of the Sydney "show" people throwing shit on stage...well Slayer hasn't had the best of luck these past 2 years but I do hope this is a minor thing for Tom and hope he recovers quickly

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Damn there are already like 15 youtube videos of the Sydney "show" people throwing shit on stage...well Slayer hasn't had the best of luck these past 2 years but I do hope this is a minor thing for Tom and hope he recovers quickly

I'm listening to 'Angel of Death' off of the Big Four Live CD and... yeah. :eyes:

DisposableJustice
02-27-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qigkEbc25Zw

This one is mix of songs and is the best audio so far

-WPB
-Hate
-Mandatory
-Raining
-Black Magic

Sepultura69
02-27-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qigkEbc25Zw

This one is mix of songs and is the best audio so far

-WPB
-Hate
-Mandatory
-Raining
-Black Magic

No Postmortem :(

hubub454
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Shitty camera, sound is not too bad. Damn, War Ensemble sounds fucking great. I love how Gary doesn't add that stupid little sound effect that Jeff always does when they play this song. I don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about but everytime they play war ensemble Jeff adds this little stupid sound effect to the song. If anyone has seen slayer in concert they will know what i'm talking about. I really dig how Gary Holt omits that stupid part and just keeps shredding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_InRp8Z2co

:rocker:

could you point out where in another version of the song live that this sound effect is, im not sure i follow

hellawaits77ny
03-02-2011, 11:01 PM
In relation to Tom's hospitalization, I'm sure many of you know this, but he was suffering from vertigo, and has been discharged. No idea when he will return to playing.