PDA

View Full Version : Bob Seger US Tour

NickLed19
02-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Has not done one in like 5 years, he is hitting the road this Spring. Anyone going?

El Gordo
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I probably wouldn't go even if the ticket prices were reasonable, which they are most certainly not.

Sanitarium78
02-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm going to the show he's doing here in Buffalo on April 9th. I believe the show along with a few others so far have sold out. The tickets for my show were like 68 bucks before the fees. So, honestly I don't consider it to be that expensive at all. They could easily charge more to see someone as popular as Seger is.

I haven't seen him since 1996 so i'm looking forward to it. It will be a fun and enjoyable rock n roll show.

NickLed19
02-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Our tix go on sale tommorow and are 75. Does he put on a good show? I love his music, but he is getting pretty old.

El Gordo
02-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Hmm, well from what I hear, the tickets for his Toronto show are well over 100, even for the cheap seats. I could have heard wrong though.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-26-2011, 07:16 AM
My mom is a big Seger fan and I took her to see him in '96. She'd like to see him one last time but I don't know if she'd want to pay that much for tickets.

The only time I've ever paid $100 for one ticket was to see the Police reunion tour.

NickLed19
02-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Got my tickets. 75 for floor tickets are not bad at all.

Sanitarium78
02-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Does he put on a good show? I love his music, but he is getting pretty old.

When I saw him in 1996 it was a very good show. I didn't see him on his last tour but i've some youtube videos and it looks like his still can go live. A lot of musicians still put on good shows when they get older. Seger is in his mid 60s now but that's never stopped anyone. Just look at how long Dio went for. If you factor in all the drug and alcohol abuse, Ozzy is like 95 and still going. Seger is fortunate that he's never done anything over the top with his vocals and his voice is just very natural and he doesn't have to strain to hit notes at all. So his singing won't be that different from what we remember it to be.

He plays a long show to. He does about 25 songs a night which puts the show at 2 hrs plus.

DethMaiden
02-26-2011, 11:57 AM
I'd rather see Metallica cover Turn the Page than see Bob Seger play at his age.

NickLed19
02-26-2011, 02:11 PM
When I saw him in 1996 it was a very good show. I didn't see him on his last tour but i've some youtube videos and it looks like his still can go live. A lot of musicians still put on good shows when they get older. Seger is in his mid 60s now but that's never stopped anyone. Just look at how long Dio went for. If you factor in all the drug and alcohol abuse, Ozzy is like 95 and still going. Seger is fortunate that he's never done anything over the top with his vocals and his voice is just very natural and he doesn't have to strain to hit notes at all. So his singing won't be that different from what we remember it to be.

He plays a long show to. He does about 25 songs a night which puts the show at 2 hrs plus.

Sounds good, he has hours of hits. The man could play all night if he wanted to.

JuuKun
03-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Saw Seger on his last US tour, in January 2007, and it was one of the best shows I've seen. I really wish I could see him on this tour, but I don't really have the money with everything else that's coming up. He sounded great, was very active on stage and put on such a great show.

I believe the band changes up the set a bit every night, but this is what it was for my show (January 30th, 2007 in Worcester)

1. Roll Me Away
2. Trying To Live My Life Without You
3. Wreck This Heart
4. Mainstreet
5. Old Time Rock 'n' Roll
6. Wait for Me
7. Turn the Page
8. Face the Promise
9. No Matter Who You Are
10. Betty Lou's Gettin' Out Tonight
11. We've Got Tonight
12. Travelin' Man