PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Kelly joins BLS

ravenheart
02-25-2011, 03:39 AM
Seems Will Hunt has either walked out or been thrown out mid-tour.

Johnny Kelly takes over tonight in Paris and will definitely complete the European tour.

After that "additional information will be announced soon!"

maxpower
02-25-2011, 05:23 AM
Interesting. I like Johnny Kelly a lot. It's good to hear he is staying busy, but I'd personally like to hear another Seventh Void album.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-25-2011, 05:24 AM
I am hoping Kelly doesn't abandon Danzig for BLS. I am certain Ginger Fish will replace Joey Jordison in Rob Zombie. Maybe Joey Jordison will will join BLS? LOL

Zakk should get Mike Bordin from FNM.

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Zakk should just play a guitar solo for 90 minutes.

ravenheart
02-25-2011, 07:23 AM

No he shouldn't. That would just be the same 90-second solo repeated 60 times.

ravenheart
02-25-2011, 07:24 AM
I'd personally like to hear another Seventh Void album.

Most of it is written. They played one of the songs which will be on it on the last tour.

makethemsuffer12
02-25-2011, 08:51 AM

You mean he doesn't do that already?

BloodoftheKings
02-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Zakk should get Mike Bordin from FNM.

They made an album together in the past. Mike Bordin played drums on Ozzy's Down To Earth.

ravenheart
02-25-2011, 12:25 PM
They made an album together in the past. Mike Bordin played drums on Ozzy's Down To Earth.

And toured several times in Ozzy's band.

Steev
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
I don't think he was fired, Will has been a go-to guy for alot of bands and has never had a problem

sounds like he went back to working with Evanescence(who he joined in 2007)

ravenheart
02-25-2011, 04:30 PM

You don't do that mid-tour. And Zakk has fired people mid-tour on more than one occasion.

His arrangement with BLS was always in addition to being in Evanescence. I think Zakk threw him out, which is certainly a surprise because he seemed to fit quite well, but don't forget this is the guy who hasn't allowed his rhythm guitarist of 14 years to play on a single studio album. Band members really aren't important to him.

rugbyman
02-25-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't think he was fired, Will has been a go-to guy for alot of bands and has never had a problem

this makes sense since they are working on a new album. also evanescence is supposed to be on rock on the range, even though they have announced the lineup.

TonyD
02-25-2011, 05:15 PM
From the one time I saw that guy play live, I liked him a lot better than Craig.

Steev
02-25-2011, 05:59 PM
You don't do that mid-tour. And Zakk has fired people mid-tour on more than one occasion.

His arrangement with BLS was always in addition to being in Evanescence. I think Zakk threw him out, which is certainly a surprise because he seemed to fit quite well, but don't forget this is the guy who hasn't allowed his rhythm guitarist of 14 years to play on a single studio album. Band members really aren't important to him.

the only other time I recall someone getting booted mid tour was Steve Gibb back in 2001

still just suprises me though, Will's a great player and one of the nicest guys out there

daimonos
02-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Actually, I'm pretty sure Nick has been playing on the albums since Mafia.

ravenheart
02-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure Nick has been playing on the albums since Mafia.

I just got 'Order of The Black' yesterday and it says:

Zakk Wylde: vocals, guitars, piano
John DiServio: backing vocals, bass
Will Hunt: drums

I can't remember what the 'Shot To Hell' book says.

ravenheart
02-26-2011, 05:26 AM
this makes sense since they are working on a new album. also evanescence is supposed to be on rock on the range, even though they have announced the lineup.

It would make sense if BLS weren't in the middle of a tour. And if Will knew the tour was going to overlap with some Evanescence work, the changeover would surely have been a lot more planned than it appears to be.

Zakk has said it's "Evanescence business" on Twitter though.

ravenheart
02-26-2011, 05:29 AM
the only other time I recall someone getting booted mid tour was Steve Gibb back in 2001

still just suprises me though, Will's a great player and one of the nicest guys out there

That's if you believe Phil Ondich simply resigned, which I don't.

I agree Will has been a much better fit with BLS than I expected him to be. It's an odd one, because all seemed very good on Monday in London. All members including Z seemed in very good spirits and were playing very well (apart from Z's solo spot).

Steev
02-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Straight from Will's FB there is no bad blood he decided it was time to continue work with his current band Eye Empire(whose guitarist BC Kochmit just finished a run filling in for Clint in Sevendust)