PDA

View Full Version : FOOD POLL

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Metalheads - you're sweaty from moshing, adrenaline flowing through you - you've just seen your favorite band live. Your friend suggests you grab a bite to eat at the nearby fast food plaza - which one do you eat at?

McDonalds
Burger King
Subways
Hot Topic ;)
Go home instead

Derelict
02-23-2011, 01:00 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/37427_404735873421_548848421_4575387_5664925_n.jpg

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Did you post that because I live a block from that Subway? :D

Derelict
02-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Did you post that because I live a block from that Subway? :D

I took that picture in St Petersburg - arent you from Moscow?

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I own a pad in St. Pete. :cool:

You Russian?

powerslave_85
02-23-2011, 01:06 PM
When I lived in Tucson, there was a 24-hour Mexican place we'd always go to. Either that or Wendy's.

Wizzbang11
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
I've never eaten at any of the places mentioned, I'm pretty sure Subway closes long before most shows get out, at least here.
Mexican, In-N-Out, pizza. That or a gas station with chips or something/

Derelict
02-23-2011, 01:09 PM
I own a pad in St. Pete. :cool:

You Russian?

Nice! No, i went there this summer over the White Nights on vaca though, really enjoyed it.

And if I'm getting food after a show in Philly, its usually at a hole in the wall chinese place (if the show is in chinatown) or German food (if the show is at the TLA). Subway would be the pick out of the listed choices though.

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:10 PM
I've never eaten at any of the places mentioned, I'm pretty sure Subway closes long before most shows get out, at least here.
Mexican, In-N-Out, pizza. That or a gas station with chips or something/

In-N-Out is the best, man. Next time I'm in Cali (summer probably) I'll need to hit one up :cool:

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Nice! No, i went there this summer over the White Nights on vaca though, really enjoyed it.

And if I'm getting food after a show in Philly, its usually at a hole in the wall chinese place (if the show is in chinatown) or German food (if the show is at the TLA). Subway would be the pick out of the listed choices though.

Awesome, drop me a line if you ever come by again!

Plus tell me how QOTSA is, Homme is ditching Russia this time 'round.

Derelict
02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Awesome, drop me a line if you ever come by again!

Plus tell me how QOTSA is, Homme is ditching Russia this time 'round.

Moscow is on my list at some point...i want to stand in Red Square before i die.

elturtleboy
02-23-2011, 01:15 PM
i eat mcdonalds at least 4/7 days of the week.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbtT-a6o1lf-FxB6_og_Cs0X-1Iqd7xgRTkeiVBKnzsWkDEaY8&t=1

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:16 PM
i eat mcdonalds at least 4/7 days of the week.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbtT-a6o1lf-FxB6_og_Cs0X-1Iqd7xgRTkeiVBKnzsWkDEaY8&t=1

this

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Moscow is on my list at some point...i want to stand in Red Square before i die.

You should, they sell good beer there too. :rocker:

This year Moscow is getting an overdose of good bands :eyes: I don't know how much longer I'll last living like this.

RAZOR
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I usually just hit up McDonalds after concerts.

Derelict
02-23-2011, 01:25 PM
You should, they sell good beer there too. :rocker:

This year Moscow is getting an overdose of good bands :eyes: I don't know how much longer I'll last living like this.

I did my best to keep Baltika in business, specifically No 8.

Also, Russian Standard vodka is awesome.

makethemsuffer12
02-23-2011, 01:33 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/48/139130633_2f6f325d6c.jpg
There is no other.

Well KFC's pretty damn good as well.

BloodoftheKings
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I still dont get the Hot Topic joke... :eyes:
On Topic: Subway

ps: inb4 Indestructable ranting on how fast food is poison.

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 01:38 PM
1.99 cheeseburger big bite hot dogs from the local 7-Eleven always hits the spot after a hard night of all out moshing and headbanging.

Subway is always nice, the ones here in southern california are open 24 hours. A tleast the ones around my block are.

BloodoftheKings
02-23-2011, 01:40 PM
1.99 cheeseburger big bite hot dogs from the local 7-Eleven always hits the spot after a hard night of all out moshing and headbanging.

:rocker::rocker::fist::blaze::party:

Indestructible
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM

You read my mind I was just planning a rant.

I would pick Subway. It's not healthy but it's better than the unhealthy poison/chemical filled shit that is Mcdonalds, Burger King and a bunch of other fast food places.:D

TonyD
02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
You guys all suck, Taco Bell. Or In-n-out if you have more than 3 dollars.

TonyD
02-23-2011, 01:46 PM
When I lived in Tucson, there was a 24-hour Mexican place we'd always go to. Either that or Wendy's.

Riddle me this: how did you move from AZ to Alaska?

JRA
02-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I eat at Subway more than any place else nowadays so I guess I'd go there.

And Hot Topic has restaurants?

masterguy49
02-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Hot Topic. I love them tasty scene kids ;)

Indestructible
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
You guys all suck, Taco Bell. Or In-n-out if you have more than 3 dollars.

Taco Bell sucks.

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I eat at Subway more than any place else nowadays so I guess I'd go there.

And Hot Topic has restaurants?

No, Hot Topic has an obscene amount of scene kids who are edible. :bliss: Quick, flavored and free!

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I still dont get the Hot Topic joke... :eyes:
On Topic: Subway

Scene kids? You can eat them? :eyes:

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:57 PM
There is no other.

Well KFC's pretty damn good as well.

I have never gone to White Castle.

To tell the truth, I didn't know it actually existed. :D I watched that Harold & Kumar movie and I didn't think that there was a burger place worth that kind of a journey. Any in San Francisco?

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
I did my best to keep Baltika in business, specifically No 8.

Also, Russian Standard vodka is awesome.

Respect.

powerslave_85
02-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Riddle me this: how did you move from AZ to Alaska?
Got an internship, had to sign an agreement saying they could move me anywhere they needed me.

elturtleboy
02-23-2011, 02:08 PM
being the fast ass iam these are my usual stops

McDonalds-#2 meal/bic mac/mcnuggets
Little Caesars-$5 large pizza
Jack in the crack-2 Jr Bacon burgers
In N Out:rocker:-#1
Carls Jr-$6 burger or the big carl
Burger King-whooper or chicken sandwich
King Taco-4 tacos de carne asada/Bean cheese burrito. horchata is a must.
Krispy Kreme/or any donuts-a shitload of glazed or chocolate. Pinks and sprinkles are cool. I love the long ones.

Derelict
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
I love the long ones.

:eek:

larvtard
02-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't really go out to eat after shows, but to join in on the fast food debate, Chick Fil-A is delicious :D
Also, waffle house.

Derelict
02-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Chik Fil A is awesome, but those jesus freaks are closed on Sundays.

larvtard
02-23-2011, 02:18 PM

I know. My government teacher was talking about it the other day, so I printed this Forbes article (http://members.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0723/080.html) for him. :eek:

Derelict
02-23-2011, 02:19 PM
I know. My government teacher was talking about it the other day, so I printed this Forbes article (http://members.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0723/080.html) for him. :eek:

They've donated to some anti-gay causes too, makes me not want to go there as much as i like their food.

Ugh, reading that full article makes me want to go there even less now

larvtard
02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
They've donated to some anti-gay causes too, makes me not want to go there as much as i like their food.

Shit. :hmm:
Guess that puts me in the same situation as you.

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
I gotta add one more.

http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/IMG_5950.jpg

FRIED CHICKEN AND WAFFLES IS FUCKIN' METAL :rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
When I used to go to more shows (that is, when there were more metal shows hitting anywhere in Ohio besides Cleveland), we always went to Waffle House. They don't have any healthy options, so I try to avoid it if I can nowadays. I usually just go home and eat whatever I have in my house, or get a lunch meat sandwich at a gas station.

mastodon421
02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
I tend to go to either Wendy's or Wacarnold's after a show.

Div
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
All of the places listed on this thread are absolutely disgusting. I would much rather skip a meal than put any off that in my body. the salads arent too bad, but the dressings they give you pretty much defeat the point

edit: i wish android wouldnt "correct" my spelling with completely different words

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
All of the places listed on this thread are absolutely disgusting. I would much rather skip a meal than put any off that in my body. the salads arent too bad, but the drains they give you pretty much defeat the point

This. Part of me hates being "that guy" who refuses to eat at shitty places in social situations, but the other part of me knows how terrible that stuff is. Its a paradox.

elturtleboy
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
:eek:

;)

Indestructible
02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
All of the places listed on this thread are absolutely disgusting. I would much rather skip a meal than put any off that in my body. the salads arent too bad, but the drains they give you pretty much defeat the point
:rocker::party: :fist::metal:

This. Part of me hates being "that guy" who refuses to eat at shitty places in social situations, but the other part of me knows how terrible that stuff is. Its a paradox.

I don't care if I'm in a social situation if I don'tfeel like eating fast food I tell everyone why I don't give a fuck if they think I'm crazy. Though is fast food having chemicals in it really that hard to believe? I thought that was simple logic.

Indestructible
02-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Go to Dennys after a show. It's not healthy either but it's better than any fast food place.

BloodoftheKings
02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Though is fast food having chemicals in it really that hard to believe? I thought that was simple logic.

Everyone knows it, most people just dont care.

makethemsuffer12
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM

This.

Besides, it's not gonna kill you if you eat it in moderation.

Dextrimental
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM

This, and when you point it out to people, its must like going into detail about how a pig was killed for some bacon, or a how a cow was killed to obtain a steak. It puts them off their appetite, which is somewhat unfair.

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 04:44 PM
This.

Besides, it's not gonna kill you if you eat it in moderation.

In this country, people don't eat fast food in moderation. Most people have specific eating habits, and I seriously doubt that anyone eats near-perfect every meal but rationalizes a cheat meal at McDonald's once in a while. You should never feel "forced" to eat fast food. If you do, then you're either addicted to the sugar, fat, and salt, or lazy. That being said, you can find some healthy options at some of these places. Just watch out for the health halo.

Div
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnQ9lxiGYME

im not a super strict food nazi or anything, ill go hang out with people at places and compromise my personal diet sometimes, but in the end if i dont like anything on the menu im not going to get it. for example if i dont drink soda, but if im at a bar im not going to pass up getting a rum & coke or jameson & gingerale or something.

Indestructible
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
In this country, people don't eat fast food in moderation. Most people have specific eating habits, and I seriously doubt that anyone eats near-perfect every meal but rationalizes a cheat meal at McDonald's once in a while. You should never feel "forced" to eat fast food. If you do, then you're either addicted to the sugar, fat, and salt, or lazy. That being said, you can find some healthy options at some of these places. Just watch out for the health halo.

This.
Though I don't trust fast food places when they say they have healthy options on their menu.

Sanitarium78
02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Wow, only one person mentioned Denny's so far? I usually go there with whoever I went to the show with. If not there, we do have a few other local resturants that are opened 24/7, so we hit one of them up.

I do eat fast food but I don't recall ever getting any after a concert.

Wizzbang11
02-23-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't eat fast food (like at all,) but the amount of bitching about health in this thread is painful.
Live fast & die, eating your awesome food.

makethemsuffer12
02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow, only one person mentioned Denny's so far? I usually go there with whoever I went to the show with. If not there, we do have a few other local resturants that are opened 24/7, so we hit one of them up.

I do eat fast food but I don't recall ever getting any after a concert.

I had a burger at Denny's once, it tasted like a hotdog. Not doing that again.

Indestructible
02-23-2011, 05:15 PM
I had a burger at Denny's once, it tasted like a hotdog. Not doing that again.

Maybe that's your dennys, but my dennys is good.

BloodoftheKings
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM

:fist:

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't eat fast food (like at all,) but the amount of bitching about health in this thread is painful.

I knew you were going to say this. Jesus Christ...I'm sorry that people care about things besides metal. And there is nothing "awesome" about any of that food. Diabetes, climate change, and body burden aren't "awesome."

powerslave_85
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
How about we all just not give a fuck what other people choose to eat? Cameron can stop being sanctimonious about healthy eating, and everyone else can quit antagonzing him. Win-win!

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 05:42 PM
How about we all just not give a fuck what other people choose to eat? Cameron can stop being sanctimonious about healthy eating, and everyone else can quit antagonzing him. Win-win!

Being educated is a burden.

mankvill
02-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Taco Bell!

illuminatus917
02-23-2011, 05:50 PM

This. I'll be damned if I'm going to let anything interfere with my quest for the pursuit of happiness.

I'm well informed on the food I eat, but if eating something unhealthy improves my quality of life, I'll eat it. Others can choose differently if they wish to do so, and they'll receive no antagonization from me.

Wizzbang11
02-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I knew you were going to say this. Jesus Christ...I'm sorry that people care about things besides metal. And there is nothing "awesome" about any of that food. Diabetes, climate change, and body burden aren't "awesome."

What I meant by awesome food was food people liked, be it McDonalds or anything else. That's got nothing to do with metal, it's the same way I feel about drug use. If people want to do whatever the fuck they want to their own bodies, by all means, they just get 0 sympathy from me if they are dumb enough to die from it. Climate change..goddamnit I'm the vegetarian here and I'm not even complaining about climate change tied into eating shitty food. If you really were concerned about climate change related to food you'd advocate eliminating the meat industry all together, not just cutting down on fast food chains. Body burden when related to fast food is people's own fault, whatever.
And diabetes is pretty cool.

illuminatus917
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
What I meant by awesome food was food people liked, be it McDonalds or anything else. That's got nothing to do with metal, it's the same way I feel about drug use. If people want to do whatever the fuck they want to their own bodies, by all means, they just get 0 sympathy from me if they are dumb enough to die from it. Climate change..goddamnit I'm the vegetarian here and I'm not even complaining about climate change tied into eating shitty food. If you really were concerned about climate change related to food you'd advocate eliminating the meat industry all together, not just cutting down on fast food chains. Body burden when related to fast food is people's own fault, whatever.

If you're talking about the methane gas coming from concentrated mass quantities of feces at meat producing facilities, there's a solution to that without forfeiting eating meat.

Wizzbang11
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
If you're talking about the methane gas coming from concentrated mass quantities of feces at meat producing facilities, there's a solution to that without forfeiting eating meat.

I'm referring to that..deforestation..etc.

Again, it's bad but I've given up hope on people changing anything because we're so goddamn stupid. I'm much more concerned with the treatment of animals than I am with the meat industry's effect on the globe.

BUT PEOPLE SHOULD STILL EAT WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT.

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM

We're all paying the negative externalities of individual diet choices.

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 06:04 PM

We vote 3 times a day with our forks.

illuminatus917
02-23-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm referring to that..deforestation..etc.

Again, it's bad but I've given up hope on people changing anything because we're so goddamn stupid. I'm much more concerned with the treatment of animals than I am with the meat industry's effect on the globe.

Deforestation is a different issue altogether, an issue much more prominent with clearer foreseeable repercussions.

As for the methane issue... we have the technology to recycle waste for biofuel. Some cities are doing this with pet waste, in fact, as a means of recycling (San Francisco for sure). We both know animal feces is a fertilizer, thus healthy for the soil and the earth. It's just when it's produced in massive amounts in confined areas that the methane emissions become harmful to the ozone layer. Not only is it healthy for the soil, animal feces contains bacteria called methanogens, which use hydrogen to break down carbon dioxide. Of course the negative side to this is that methane gas is a byproduct of this process (which becomes harmful in large quantities especially). But statistically speaking, I've read 1 ton of animal waste produces roughly 50 gallons of diesel-equivalent fuel.

Granted, that doesn't solve the carbon dioxide problem, but it's less fuel we have to drill for. If this process were to take effect, it would also help prevent the mass pollution from methane emissions. The government would have to mandate farmers and factories (or the "slaughter facilities") to buy the machines that would recycle the waste, which would be an incredible expense, therefore not very economical. Of course, it would raise the price of meat tremendously to compensate for the higher cost of meat production. Though that would most likely work out in your favor because people would probably buy less meat. As it is now, many slaughter facilities are nasty places that aren't environmentally friendly (as we all know), and they'll continue to be this way unless we see government intervention. Of course then it becomes a political and an economical issue. My point is, the massive amount of waste produced at slaughter facilities could actually be environmentally efficient if we properly recycled the waste instead of letting it build up to emit massive amounts of methane gas.

The point being, when we hear activists call for the elimination of certain things (meat, for instance), usually there are alternative ways that are more practical. I'll just end on that note though, as I feel this is being steered off topic.

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Of course, it would raise the price of meat tremendously to compensate for the higher cost of meat production. Though that would most likely work out in your favor because people would probably buy less meat.

This is politically infeasible, but needs to be done. Right now, every consumer pays a cheap price that is only a minor reflection of the true cost of the meat. Healthcare costs, damage to the environment, and other things make up the greater costs that are spread across society. No individual has to pay that huge cost, so no one cares. If we start taking a societal responsibility for our food, then each individual will have to pay more. And people are going to flip out when that happens. Plus, the food lobby is so powerful and deceptive, that I doubt any politician would have the balls to regulate or de-subsidize it.

illuminatus917
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
This is politically infeasible, but needs to be done. Right now, every consumer pays a cheap price that is only a minor reflection of the true cost of the meat. Healthcare costs, damage to the environment, and other things make up the greater costs that are spread across society. No individual has to pay that huge cost, so no one cares. If we start taking a societal responsibility for our food, then each individual will have to pay more. And people are going to flip out when that happens. Plus, the food lobby is so powerful and deceptive, that I doubt any politician would have the balls to regulate or de-subsidize it.

Like I said, economics comes strong into play here. Our system is driven by the consumer, for good or for worse, so unless the consumer demands a change (through consumption), things won't change. Politicians won't speak up on the issue unless it becomes a popular issue in public opinion. As it is now, it's a relatively marginal issue.

Dextrimental
02-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I am a vegetarian. However, Burger King fries after a gig is fucking SWEET.

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Like I said, economics comes strong into play here. Our system is driven by the consumer, for good or for worse, so unless the consumer demands a change (through consumption), things won't change. Politicians won't speak up on the issue unless it becomes a popular issue in public opinion. As it is now, it's a relatively marginal issue.

Which is probably why I come off as a 'bitch' whenever I talk about it. Oh well.

On topic: I'll still go for a hashbrown with tomatoes, jalepenos, chili, and beans at Waffle House. :D

EDIT - forgot "capped."

smearCampaign
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
When I was in high school in Michigan we would always hit up Denny's on the way back home from Detroit for a show. I'm talking pre-9/11, so there was less security at your local Denny's back then.... ha.

Now that I'm in Austin there are many better food options, so it's either badass street tacos or death metal pizza! (http://www.myspace.com/hoekspizza)

Or BBQ if I'm at a show at Stubbs.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Late night eats is usually a Whataburger Taquito (breakfast burrito).

Damn I wish we had White Castle in Texas. I always have to have it a few times when I'm up north.

idrinkwine732
02-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't always get food after a show...:eyes:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't always get food after a show...:eyes:

Mine was late night eats in general. I don't always eat after a show either.

Usually after a show I want something to drink since I refuse to pay outrageous prices for beverages at shows.

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Late night eats is usually a Whataburger Taquito (breakfast burrito).

Damn I wish we had White Castle in Texas. I always have to have it a few times when I'm up north.

What's that, Bobby Hill?

christopher
02-23-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm vegan, I guess my name gives that away hahahaha, so I really can't eat any of the places mentioned above. If I leave a show, stoned with the munchies, I'll just make myself something when I get home.

christopher
02-23-2011, 08:06 PM

I love how Dane Cook said taking a bite of food from Chik Fil A is like God cumming in your mouth hahahaha

larvtard
02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
I refuse to pay outrageous prices for beverages at shows.

I did that once, and I got dehydrated and it ruined the show for me. Look, this isn't easy for me to say, especially as I'm a Jew, but it's better just to overpay.

elturtleboy
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
http://verdugobar.com/files/grillemall.jpg
FTW

TonyD
02-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Taco Bell sucks.
lawl ok

I try to avoid post show meals, as tempting as they are, but Taco Bell and In-n-Out are my options.
And I'm glad 2 other people joined me for canned beans.

Derelict
02-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I did that once, and I got dehydrated and it ruined the show for me. Look, this isn't easy for me to say, especially as I'm a Jew, but it's better just to overpay.

I could be wrong, but i think he's talking about beer

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-23-2011, 08:19 PM

I don't overdo it at concerts. If I was really that thirsty, I'd break down and pay for a drink.

Indestructible
02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
http://verdugobar.com/files/grillemall.jpg
FTW
:horns:

DisposableJustice
02-23-2011, 08:28 PM
I would pick a fast food place (Taco Bell or Wendys would be my choices) because that typically is what is open after a show unless it is done super early

HackedUpForBBQ
02-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Anywhere that's open...... if I'm in the Buffalo area, I always go to Jim's Steakout for subs..... you can't beat being able to sit down and eat until 5:00 AM

ravenheart
02-24-2011, 04:48 AM

Knowing about it is being educated.

Harping on about how you're right and everyone else is wrong every time someone brings up food is sanctimonious.

ravenheart
02-24-2011, 04:49 AM
I would pick a fast food place (Taco Bell or Wendys would be my choices) because that typically is what is open after a show unless it is done super early

This. Personally I rarely eat after a show because I ate before, usually something sensible at lunchtime and a sandwich before the show. But after a show the ONLY places open in London are fast food and kebab shops.

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Knowing about it is being educated.

Harping on about how you're right and everyone else is wrong every time someone brings up food is sanctimonious.

EDIT - If I recall correctly, I didn't actually single anyone out and say that they were wrong for eating fastfood. I just said that the food was shitty. It's a negative opinion, that may "offend" people, but I'm entitled to it. Just like anyone here is entitled to eat fast food.

brutal_descent
02-24-2011, 06:57 AM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/stay_on_topic.jpg

Did I ask you what kind of diet you eat? What culinary lifestyle you live? No. :hmm:

makethemsuffer12
02-24-2011, 08:33 AM
For all the health concious members...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eah23WvLYsQ

ravenheart
02-24-2011, 08:47 AM
EDIT - If I recall correctly, I didn't actually single anyone out and say that they were wrong for eating fastfood. I just said that the food was shitty. It's a negative opinion, that may "offend" people, but I'm entitled to it. Just like anyone here is entitled to eat fast food.

Irrelevant nitpicking. Whoever it was who said 'sanctimonious' was not only correct, he was validated immediately by:

The Colonel
02-24-2011, 09:46 AM
If I'm eating fast food after a show, it's almost always Jack In The Box. However, I try to avoid doing that. Used to go to a Mexican place called Federico's by my old place, now we go to a place that I believe is called Eriberto's but everyone calls The Palace.

makethemsuffer12
02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
If I'm eating fast food after a show, it's almost always Jack In The Box. However, I try to avoid doing that. Used to go to a Mexican place called Federico's by my old place, now we go to a place that I believe is called Eriberto's but everyone calls The Palace.

No KFC? ;)

Indestructible
02-24-2011, 10:19 AM
No KFC? ;)

KFC sucks

Taco Bell fans read this
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350494/Taco-Bell-beef-contains-35-meat-lawsuit-claims.html

Div
02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/stay_on_topic.jpg

Did I ask you what kind of diet you eat? What culinary lifestyle you live? No. :hmm:

Too bad this is a public message board and I can post whatever I want. :usa:

I don't get why you guys are giving cameron shit over this. Is it ruining your fun to hear that you're doing something bad to yourself? I guess it might, but I would say the benefits of being healthy and properly nourished are more important than sitting around and trying to convince yourself fast food is something cool. There's nothing "metal" about being ignorant and lazy, im pretty sure all the great artists you guys respect went out of their way to become accomplished through hard work and independent thinking. What happened to not conforming to the corporate brainwashing and being above the rest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9B7im8aQjo&feature=player_embedded

C'mon guys, don't act like a bunch of first-graders... I know you've got the intellectual capacity to be better than that.

DethMaiden
02-24-2011, 11:01 AM
I eat shitty food more than I should. I think it tastes good, and it's cheap and easy to access, so whatever. I'm much more health-conscious when I have a lot of free time to go to the gym and to seek out healthy meals. So, not this semester, basically. It is what it is, I'm not proud but I'm not gonna say it ruined my life or anything. I'm still at a very healthy BMI, I'd just like to shave 10 pounds off for aesthetic reasons.

makethemsuffer12
02-24-2011, 11:04 AM
KFC sucks

Taco Bell fans read this
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350494/Taco-Bell-beef-contains-35-meat-lawsuit-claims.html

We know this.
It doesn't change the fact that it's still delicious.

And on the subject of KFC, the popcorn chicken would like to have a word with you.

TonyD
02-24-2011, 11:19 AM
KFC sucks

Taco Bell fans read this

You can get a whole meal for $3, I don't care how much beef is in the beef.

Derelict
02-24-2011, 11:33 AM
BREAKING NEWS: FAST FOOD IS BAD FOR YOU.

ShatteredFlame
02-24-2011, 11:41 AM
There is no other.

This. Do you go to the one in Ridgewood, Queens on the way to Long Island from the city? It's actually the only time I have fast food but I look forward to it after every show :rocker:.

If I don't get White Castle then its leftovers at Dunkin Donuts or some sandwiches from 711.

ravenheart
02-24-2011, 11:54 AM

SINCE WHEN?!

mastodon421
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM

+1

mankvill
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM

bullshit.

i eat mcdonald's for every meal and i've lost weight.

i also had my legs amputated and i piss mustard, but still.

DisposableJustice
02-24-2011, 12:18 PM

This

in fact I just did that....hooray for cheap eats!:D

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Irrelevant nitpicking. Whoever it was who said 'sanctimonious' was not only correct, he was validated immediately by:

People are over-reacting to my opinions. You guys just joked about how obvious it is that fast food is bad for you, but I'm somehow a bad guy for making, and suggesting, lifestyle changes based on that FACT? We shit on each other all day long about liking or disliking a certain band, but when I bring up how bad this particular food is, I've all of the sudden hit upon a sacred cow (that has been fed corn and pumped with antibiotics) and my beliefs are not welcome.

I admit, Taco Bell is fucking delicious. But eating Taco Bell because it tastes good completely defeats the purpose of eating in the first place: providing your body with nutrition. Anyone is free to eat Taco Bell, but if you're well aware that its bad for you, then it really doesn't make any sense to get offended when someone points out how bad it is for you. Just ignore me and keep doing your thing. Have fun with your mobility scooter.

Indestructible
02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
People are over-reacting to my opinions. You guys just joked about how obvious it is that fast food is bad for you, but I'm somehow a bad guy for making, and suggesting, lifestyle changes based on that FACT? We shit on each other all day long about liking or disliking a certain band, but when I bring up how bad this particular food is, I've all of the sudden hit upon a sacred cow (that has been fed corn and pumped with antibiotics) and my beliefs are not welcome.

I admit, Taco Bell is fucking delicious. But eating Taco Bell because it tastes good completely defeats the purpose of eating in the first place: providing your body with nutrition. Anyone is free to eat Taco Bell, but if you're well aware that its bad for you, then it really doesn't make any sense to get offended when someone points out how bad it is for you. Just ignore me and keep doing your thing. Have fun with your mobility scooter.

:fist::metal:

IrritatedTrout
02-24-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't know about you guys but after a gig I'm usually two things. 1) Starving, because I most likely haven't eaten in a long time and 2) Driving back home, which is at least a two hour drive. How the fuck am I supposed to eat a properly balanced, healthy meal while traveling through Nowhere, Virginia at 1 o'clock in the morning? I can't, that's why I'll grab a bite to eat from a fast food joint or a gas station.

The reason people are getting pissed is because you're vehemently criticizing what they eat after a show. 1) There aren't many choices 2) Most people only go to shows once a month or so. It's not like we're advocating eating McDonald's every day.

You're right though, fast food is very bad for you. But as The Dude once said: "No, you're not wrong, Walter. You're just an asshole."

As far as mobility scooters go, no offense man but I'm pretty positive I could whip you out on the track.;) Been running nearly everyday of my life for the past 4 years.

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 01:04 PM
The reason people are getting pissed is because you're vehemently criticizing what they eat after a show. 1) There aren't many choices 2) Most people only go to shows once a month or so. It's not like we're advocating eating McDonald's every day.

You're right though, fast food is very bad for you. But as The Dude once said: "No, you're not wrong, Walter. You're just an asshole."

As far as mobility scooters go, no offense man but I'm pretty positive I could whip you out on the track.;) Been running nearly everyday of my life for the past 4 years.

My very second post, I think, switched the topic to eating fast food in general. A lot of people don't eat fast food in moderation...its an every day event. Maybe that's where the butthurt arose. Eating it once in a while is excusable...eating it every day is not.

IrritatedTrout
02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
My very second post, I think, switched the topic to eating fast food in general. A lot of people don't eat fast food in moderation...its an every day event. Maybe that's where the butthurt arose. Eating it once in a while is excusable...eating it every day is not.

Agreed.

illuminatus917
02-24-2011, 01:06 PM

I don't have a problem with negative opinions on diet habits, or people talking about how unhealthy certain foods are. I do have a problem with people telling me I shouldn't eat certain things because of said reasons. We live in an age where everyone wants to tell everyone how to live, and this topic is just one example of contribution to that zeitgeist.

And I also do have a problem with environmentalists who make the claim that the only way to save the environment is to abolish the meat industry. It isn't. That's just activist propaganda.

Div
02-24-2011, 01:13 PM

there's this creepy older dude who rents a room in my college house and he just eats fried take out food for every meal. hes not obese because he eats reasonable portions, but hes definitely flabby and gross. ive lived here for a little over 2 years and this guy has had a perpetual flu even tho hes always taking prescription antibiotics. im guessing the pills are augmenting his immune system by just enough to keep him alive, but his body is definitely in serious need of nutrients. if this guy ever catches anything serious hes finished. somehow he managed to graduate with a journalism degree from here, but his brain is so shot that if you met him you would doubt he couldve made it past 8th grade. ever see the louis ck bit where he talks about people "secreting words"? thats what he sounds like.

despite living with this walking biohazard i think ive only gotten sick for like 2 days out of the time ive been here, and that was after a night of heavy drinking. goes to show that the human body is very resilient and can adapt, but surviving doesnt equal healthy.

Indestructible
02-24-2011, 01:16 PM

agreed.There are people who are healthy and dont even touch fast food, then there are people who ea fast food everyday or a few times a month and just dont give a fuck about what it does to their body which is sad. O well cant stop you I can only inform.

illuminatus917
02-24-2011, 01:17 PM
I eat extremely unhealthy, am skinny, and haven't had as much as a cold in over four years. My immune system is tip top. So I'll continue to enjoy my unhealthy food.

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't have a problem with negative opinions on diet habits, or people talking about how unhealthy certain foods are. I do have a problem with people telling me I shouldn't eat certain things because of said reasons. We live in an age where everyone wants to tell everyone how to live, and this topic is just one example of contribution to that zeitgeist.
That's completely illogical. If you don't agree, then say why you disagree, or ignore the advice. And you make it sound like nosey do-gooders are a greater problem to society than poor diet. That's just absurd.
And I also do have a problem with environmentalists who make the claim that the only way to save the environment is to abolish the meat industry. It isn't. That's just activist propaganda. "Environmentalists" aren't a distinct group of people, and I doubt anyone has ever said the only way to solve our problems is to abolish the meat industry. You're overgeneralizing.

illuminatus917
02-24-2011, 01:25 PM
And you make it sound like nosey do-gooders are a greater problem to society than poor diet. That's just absurd.

I'm sorry... what?

"Environmentalists" aren't a distinct group of people, and I doubt anyone has ever said the only way to solve our problems is to abolish the meat industry. You're overgeneralizing.

Yes, they have. Many people have said that my friend. But usually they're using it as a positive byproduct to promote veganism or other agendas.

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry... what?

We live in an age where everyone wants to tell everyone how to live, and this topic is just one example of contribution to that zeitgeist.

I read: People trying to tell other people how to live, even when it is in their own self-interest and the interest of society as a whole, is a bad thing. We do it all the time though. They're called laws.

And I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, so I can't speak for those folks. I don't consider myself an "environmentalist" either, but I still think you're overgeneralizing their arguments.

idrinkwine732
02-24-2011, 01:40 PM
I read: People trying to tell other people how to live, even when it is in their own self-interest and the interest of society as a whole, is a bad thing. We do it all the time though. They're called laws.

Just clarifying here, are you saying it's okay to tell other people how to live if and only if it is in the interest of that person(s) or society?

Div
02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I eat extremely unhealthy, am skinny, and haven't had as much as a cold in over four years. My immune system is tip top. So I'll continue to enjoy my unhealthy food.

Man, I'll bet you my vinyl collection that this guy is on a totally different level. I'm sure you've got enough common sense to know that a large carton of french fries smothered in nacho cheese and a bottle of soda is not something one would think is ok to eat for dinner, especially more than once.

then again, i have an extreme bias against this guy for all the shit ive gotta put up with, so maybe thats just making me over-exaggerate things.

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 01:44 PM

That's hilarious. How old are you?

makethemsuffer12
02-24-2011, 01:48 PM
This. Do you go to the one in Ridgewood, Queens on the way to Long Island from the city? It's actually the only time I have fast food but I look forward to it after every show :rocker:.

I don't think so. It's been a while but I know It's one on LI. I actually usually eat before a show, but afterward I've had White Castle a couple of times and it is the shit.

elturtleboy
02-24-2011, 02:09 PM

i use to be like that. I loved it oh soo much. Then i turned 18:bawling:

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I need to take a break here, guys. I've got too much real shit to deal with...I'm going to give myself another panic attack if I keep getting online to argue instead of doing homework.

Everything in moderation, right? ;)

illuminatus917
02-24-2011, 02:56 PM

Thank you for clarifying. I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

Just clarifying here, are you saying it's okay to tell other people how to live if and only if it is in the interest of that person(s) or society?

That's exactly what he's saying.

And I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, so I can't speak for those folks. I don't consider myself an "environmentalist" either, but I still think you're overgeneralizing their arguments.

I'm a hypocrite in this regard. I constantly tell people to not overgeneralize. Now look what I'm doing. Not by a long shot do all environmentalists call for the abolition of the meat industry to save the environment. But there's a sizable faction among the movement that support it.

That's completely illogical. If you don't agree, then say why you disagree, or ignore the advice. And you make it sound like nosey do-gooders are a greater problem to society than poor diet. That's just absurd.

It's illogical for me to think people telling me how to live my life is an irritation? Okay, I'll rescind from my Vulcan ancestry on that one.

How is my not eating healthy a detriment to society? I am not obese. I never get sick. If I were harming my society or my species, I might reconsider my evil ways.

That's just it. It's not necessarily in my best self-interest to eat healthy, as you do. For one, I reiterate, eating a salad instead of a burger reduces my quality of life. Quality of life, at least to me, is a valuable thing. And folks such as yourself who impose their habits on people like me is irritating. It's one thing for people to talk about it and raise public awareness… most would argue being informed is a positive thing. It's something completely different to say "you should do this because we believe you should do this." That's called imposition. Second, as proved by my family's gene pool, I will probably live a long life regardless of what I eat. Both of my great grandparents lived to be over 100 years old, and they ate fried chicken and churned butter over the course of about, oh I don't know, 90 years.

As I sit on my death bed, trying to measure the sum of my life, I will take great pride in knowing I lived my life to the fullest while I was so blessed the opportunity.

That's hilarious. How old are you?

I'm 20.

illuminatus917
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM

Actually, I think there might be something more to this...

The obvious question is, who decides what's in the best interest for these persons or these societies. Society?

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 03:18 PM
That's just it. It's not necessarily in my best self-interest to eat healthy, as you do. For one, I reiterate, eating a salad instead of a burger reduces my quality of life. Quality of life, at least to me, is a valuable thing. And folks such as yourself who impose their habits on people like me is irritating. It's one thing for people to talk about it and raise public awareness… most would argue being informed is a positive thing. It's something completely different to say "you should do this because we believe you should do this." That's called imposition. Second, as proved by my family's gene pool, I will probably live a long life regardless of what I eat. Both of my great grandparents lived to be over 100 years old, and they ate fried chicken and churned butter over the course of about, oh I don't know, 90 years.

As I sit on my death bed, trying to measure the sum of my life, I will take great pride in knowing I lived my life to the fullest while I was so blessed the opportunity.

I'm 20.

The food around today is much different from the food your grandparents ate. A cheeseburger from McDonalds today doesn't compare to a cheeseburger McDonalds made in the 1950s.

The part I underlined: I'm not sure I understand the difference. I'm giving advice for self-improvement. To say that I "believe fast food is bad for you" is a bit misleading. Its "belief" in the same way that I believe that cutting my arm will result in bleeding, therefore I suggest that you don't cut your own arm.

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 03:23 PM
The obvious question is, who decides what's in the best interest for these persons or these societies. Society?

You sound like Jared Loughner. Are you saying that eating bad food has some advantageous quality to it? We have a diabetes and obesity epidemic in this country. Our health care costs are sky rocketing. How is that not cause for concern for society?

illuminatus917
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
The food around today is much different from the food your grandparents ate. A cheeseburger from McDonalds today doesn't compare to a cheeseburger McDonalds made in the 1950s.

The part I underlined: I'm not sure I understand the difference. I'm giving advice for self-improvement. To say that I "believe fast food is bad for you" is a bit misleading. Its "belief" in the same way that I believe that cutting my arm will result in bleeding, therefore I suggest that you don't cut your own arm.

The analogy makes sense, but choosing what to eat is a bit different than cutting your arm. For one, eating a burger probably won't result in near immediate death.

I think you're missing my point. I have mentioned multiple times now the pursuit of happiness. Your giving me advice for self-improvement isn't taking into account my personal satisfaction. It is your belief that unhealthy food is nasty and shouldn't be consumed. It is my belief that when I eat pizza, happiness ensues.

We have a diabetes and obesity epidemic in this country. Our health care costs are sky rocketing. How is that not cause for concern for society?

Again, if I were obese, or if I had diabetes, or if my health proposed some risk to myself or to others, I would reconsider my horrific diet.

ChildrenofSodom
02-24-2011, 03:49 PM
If instant gratification > long-term consequences, then nothing I say will change your mind. You obviously don't understand big picture problems or the concept of delayed risk. I'm done. I hope you have good health insurance 20-30 years down the road.

Dextrimental
02-24-2011, 03:55 PM
If instant gratification > long-term consequences, then nothing I say will change your mind. You obviously don't understand big picture problems or the concept of delayed risk. I'm done. I hope you have good health insurance 20-30 years down the road.

So your diet is perfectly suited to only supporting your need for nourishment and nothing else? You don't choose foods that taste better than others purely on the basis that they are nicer on the pallette to eat?

Fast food can be harmless, if taken in moderation. I know athletes who occasionally eat a cheeseburger. Much like drinking alcohol, which is consumed purely based on instant gratification. And if someone is slim, and can eat fast food alot and still be slim, I say more power to them.

Indestructible
02-24-2011, 03:56 PM
illuminatus917
You might be fine with a bad diet now, but alot of that stuff builds up over a long period of time, and in 20-30 years your body could be fucked. And by then it would probably be too late to fix yourself if you changed your diet.

That being said, eat whatever the fuck you want, no one can stop you. We can only inform of the dangers and if you don't listen its your own fault. Im not the healthiest person out there, but Im aware of the dangers of alot of food. Ill eat fast food sometimes but most of the time I dont touch it.

illuminatus917
02-24-2011, 04:01 PM

I get plenty of exercise. I take my vitamins. I drink my orange juice. Both my parents share a similar diet to mine; they're both in excellent health. If I really had any reason to believe what I eat now and the later repercussions thereof outweighed the gratification of my diet, like i said, I would change it.

I don't think people truly understand this idea of happiness. A powerful thing it is. In the end it's all that matters. And if something as simple as sitting down to enjoy a nice unhealthy meal contributes to it, It's not something I'm going to give up easily.

Wizzbang11
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't think people truly understand this idea of happiness. A powerful thing it is. In the end it's all that matters. And if something as simple as sitting down to enjoy a nice unhealthy meal contributes to it, It's not something I'm going to give up easily.

:party:

illuminatus917
02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
illuminatus917
You might be fine with a bad diet now, but alot of that stuff builds up over a long period of time, and in 20-30 years your body could be fucked. And by then it would probably be too late to fix yourself if you changed your diet.

That being said, eat whatever the fuck you want, no one can stop you. We can only inform of the dangers and if you don't listen its your own fault. Im not the healthiest person out there, but Im aware of the dangers of alot of food. Ill eat fast food sometimes but most of the time I dont touch it.

I don't even eat fast food very often. I eat Chick-Fil-A because it's convenient (there's a Chick-Fil-A in my dining hall on campus). I haven't eaten at McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, and places like that in years. When I talk about unhealthy food, I'm talking about pizza, hot dogs, barbecue, the occasional burger at Sonic, etc..

larvtard
02-25-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't even eat fast food very often. I eat Chick-Fil-A because it's convenient (there's a Chick-Fil-A in my dining hall on campus). I haven't eaten at McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, and places like that in years. When I talk about unhealthy food, I'm talking about pizza, hot dogs, barbecue, the occasional burger at Sonic, etc..

what college? High Point?

illuminatus917
02-25-2011, 12:45 PM
App State.