In My Kingdom Cold
Tyrants
Grin & Frostbitten Kingdoms
Withstand The Fall of Time
One By One
==========
Blashrykh (Mighty Ravendark)
The Sun No Longer Rises

I will probably say this wasn't that bad, once I've gotten some rest. But FUCK THIS SHOW. God was out to piss me off tonight, and spent every which way possible doing it. I was well aware that Abbath would be downtuning most of the stuff before hand, and to be honest, some of the songs actually sounded better that way (Battles In The North comes to mind, but that was not played here).

There were separate but equal things tonight that ruined my night:

1) Immortal took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck too long to get on stage.

2) Some asshole kept whistling really loud and it was getting on everyones nerves. I actually punched this guy out and it started a brief fight. Luckily for me, I wasn't thrown out, but judging on how ho-hum Immortal was, I kinda wish I was. I would have just asked where the nearest strip club was and have my ride pick me up there afterwards.

3) Abbath's guitar kept going out of tune, making certain parts of the song fucking undiscernable. It started with Damned In Black and from there it only got worse. There's also the fact that the sound was muddy, and dammit, they really just need a second guitar player.

The highlight of my night was finally meeting es156, which was cut short by my group having to get their stupid fucking burgers for carryout.

I am in a foul fucking mood.

Oh and +1 for Absu being just as good if not better than Immortal live. I wasn't even a fan before this and they just might have been the "opening act" I've ever seen.

The album version of Beyond The North Waves > this show.

Fuck you and good night.

Wizzbang11
02-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Something tells me Brad's account will differ.

Derelict
02-23-2011, 06:36 AM

He's still jacking it to Blashrykh, though

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 07:13 AM
All Shall Fall
Sons of Northern Darkness
Rise of Darkness
Damned In Black
Hordes To War
Solarfall
Norden On Fire
Tyrants
Grin & Frostbitten Kingdoms
Withstand The Fall of Time
One By One
==========
Blashrykh (Mighty Ravendark)
The Sun No Longer Rises

I will probably say this wasn't that bad, once I've gotten some rest. But FUCK THIS SHOW. God was out to piss me off tonight, and spent every which way possible doing it. I was well aware that Abbath would be downtuning most of the stuff before hand, and to be honest, some of the songs actually sounded better that way (Battles In The North comes to mind, but that was not played here).

1) Immortal took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck too long to get on stage.

2) Some asshole kept whistling really loud and it was getting on everyones nerves. I actually punched this guy out and it started a brief fight. Luckily for me, I wasn't thrown out, but judging on how ho-hum Immortal was, I kinda wish I was. I would have just asked where the nearest strip club was and have my ride pick me up there afterwards.

3) Abbath's guitar kept going out of tune, making certain parts of the song fucking undiscernable. It started with Damned In Black and from there it only got worse. There's also the fact that the sound was muddy, and dammit, they really just need a second guitar player.

The highlight of my night was finally meeting es156, which was cut short by my group having to get their stupid fucking burgers for carryout.

Oh and +1 for Absu being just as good if not better than Immortal live. I wasn't even a fan before this and they just might have been the "opening act" I've ever seen.

Fuck you and good night.

Something gives me the feeling that you're angry....:hmm:

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Sounds like you still could have had a good time if you would've tried.

Elvenking
02-23-2011, 07:46 AM
That show was pretty lackluster. Absu is one of my favorite bands and I just walked out and went to the bar to have a few more beers. I have seen them before and if this was the first time I had ever seen them I probably woulda fought proscripter for proscripting wrong. or how ever you spell his name. Immortal I did walk out for a little bit, maybe I got a lil too drunk, very hot room and very could out side while smoking probably did not help. Eh fuck it, Destruction and Heathen are comming soon, there are two bands that could take a shit on stage and I'll still be entertained.

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Sounds like you still could have had a good time if you would've tried.

They really shouldn't have played their show during that specific time of the month. :eyes:

JRA
02-23-2011, 08:33 AM
They really shouldn't have played their show during that specific time of the month. :eyes:

Oh eat a dick, you. :D

But yea, now that I've somewhat gotten some sleep, I can say the show was ok. Some songs were fantastic. One By One comes to mind, as does Sons of Northern Darkness. Grim & Frostbitten Kingdoms actually sounds really good live.

I should clarify #2 on my list of complaints. The guy kept whistling while the band wasn't even on the stage. Immortal did a lot of stalling for time, using just about every trick in the book: Cutting the music, "testing" the dry ice. and during this time that guy kept whistling. If it was while the band was on stage I wouldn't have bothered but...

GarageMetal468
02-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Holy shit you were the guy that did some justice and punched the asshole whistling?! You're my fucking hero hahaha! And we all asked him nicely (and then told him shut the fuck up since he didn't get that message...), so he had it coming.

I will agree with you, this show was out to get me as well. All the Immortal shirts were large and up, and I wear medium borderline with small size, go fucking figure. And because I'm 19, those drones at the bottom lounge wouldn't let me go out to smoke during the show. One of the security guys was like "You can try inside and get kicked out herpaderp" Fucking smart ass. To add injury to insult, they fucking drew X's on my hands like I was some straight edge guy. Fuck the bottom lounge. Immortal and Absu were damn good though.

EDIT: 5 hand washes and a shower later, the X's on my hands are still there...

JRA
02-23-2011, 08:50 AM
:lol:

It's funny I was kinda worried that the guy whistling actually posts here. :eyes:

kommie
02-23-2011, 09:00 AM
:lol:

It's funny I was kinda worried that the guy whistling actually posts here. :eyes:

You're dead the next time I see you.

jd091
02-23-2011, 09:16 AM
To add injury to insult, they fucking drew X's on my hands like I was some straight edge guy. Fuck the bottom lounge. Immortal and Absu were damn good though.

Hahahaha... oh, Straight edge... At an Immortal show... :lol:

But really, I'm kind of glad I chose to skip this. Sue me, but the only black metal band I ever could get into was Emperor. Tickets were pretty expensive for me not knowing anything about the music. Sucks that this show kind of sucked; I haven't heard anything but amazing praise for Immortal live before.

How was the Bottom Lounge as a venue? I'm seeing Amon Amarth there. Was the sound and view good?

treghet
02-23-2011, 09:26 AM
To add injury to insult, they fucking drew X's on my hands like I was some straight edge guy. Fuck the bottom lounge.

Tons of venues do that, it's not a big deal.

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Tons of venues do that, it's not a big deal.

What?!

DethMaiden
02-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Yep. I'll skip over addressing any of his ridiculous points and provide my own account.

This was one of the most fun shows I've ever been to. Absu fucking slayed; Proscriptor is absolutely insane, both on the drums and possibly mentally. Incredible opening act, I wanted them to play another hour.

Immortal did not let me down one bit. I've been waiting to see them live for like six or seven years now and when Abbath came out and started making that classic frowning face and sticking his tongue out and bugging his eyes out like five feet from me, I fucking lost it. All smiles last night. The mix was unbelievably clear. I could actually hear and discern vocals, bass, guitar and drums from the front, which is a luxury I don't take for granted. And yeah, I got Blashyrkh. :D

Kuma's afterward was delicious. Drive home started to wear on me around 5 a.m. but I'm alive to type this report, so it must not have been too bad.

jd091
02-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Kuma's afterward was delicious. Drive home started to wear on me around 5 a.m. but I'm alive to type this report, so it must not have been too bad.

I have yet to go to Kuma's! Which burger do you recommend? The Slayer looks pretty good to me...

GarageMetal468
02-23-2011, 10:58 AM
What?!

Not in Chicago as far as I know... What just pisses me off about the Bottom Lounge is that they treat anyone that's under 21 like shit, same with the Clearwater Theater in West Dundee (another shithole that I hopefully will never have to go back to)

DethMaiden
02-23-2011, 11:03 AM
I have yet to go to Kuma's! Which burger do you recommend? The Slayer looks pretty good to me...

I got the Absu (apropos of the show) and it was amazing. I was hoping it would be super spicy and while it did have a kick it definitely wasn't too powerful for palates less adapted to hot stuff. The best part by far was the meat itself though. I'm not sure I've even ever had a steak as good as that burger was.

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 11:04 AM

There's a restaurant that has food named after metal bands? :rocker:

DementedX14
02-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Kuma's Corner is awesome restaurant, every burger is made to perfection.:drool:
Also, its gets pretty crowded occasionally.

daimonos
02-23-2011, 11:25 AM

1) Immortal took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck too long to get on stage.

Fuck you and good night.

Shut the fuck up. Seriously.

That is all.

larvtard
02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Shut the fuck up. Seriously.

That is all.

:confused: Shouldn't you be happy that someone didn't like the show? If everyone thought it was the best show of their lives wouldn't you be angrier that you didn't go?

Oh wait...I get it...you're mad because he got to go and he didn't even enjoy himself. So in a way, he's spoiled or something. Okay, got it.

(Not making fun of or anything, just wanted to clarify myself)

JRA
02-23-2011, 12:44 PM
In regards to Kuma's, I couldn't eat anything from there because they don't take stuff off (which they refer to as substitutions) and every single burger they had has cheese. I'm just not a sandwich cheese man. I will say though that while people were eating them in the car they smelled fantastic.

Whatever, I had dinner earlier on the trip, and the last thing a fatass like myself needs is four meals in one day (though in Kuma's case I think it would be more like 5.)

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to quote this so it can later be entered into evidence in your banning proceedings.

I thought you were friends?

Anyways, stringing together a line of random profanity doesn't make you cool, dude. Seems to be a problem you have.

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 12:56 PM
I am curious? How did your confrontation happen? Did you just randomly sock the dude in the face while he was in the middle of his whistling? Or did you actually tell him to stop and have a few exchange of words to each other before proceeding to punch him? Also, seeing how 3 members on this board were at the gig, did you guys all get to hang out? You guys all seem to know each other well and seem pretty well acquainted with eachother.

300%_Density
02-23-2011, 12:58 PM
The countdown for this thread being locked begins now....

larvtard
02-23-2011, 12:59 PM
are you guys being sarcastic? :eyes:

Dextrimental
02-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Whoa, calm down dude, or you will get banned.

Sucks you had a bad time, but its noone on heres fault.

JRA
02-23-2011, 01:05 PM
The countdown for this thread being locked begins now....

Good. All you need to know is that Eric and Dethmaiden liked it considerably more than I did.

are you guys being sarcastic? :eyes:

http://thebusystreet.com/laws-of-busy-street/

Rule #1.

GarageMetal468
02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
I am curious? How did your confrontation happen? Did you just randomly sock the dude in the face while he was in the middle of his whistling? Or did you actually tell him to stop and have a few exchange of words to each other before proceeding to punch him? Also, seeing how 3 members on this board were at the gig, did you guys all get to hang out? You guys all seem to know each other well and seem pretty well acquainted with eachother.

To back JRA up on this, we all tried asking him nicely to stop, which escalated to "shut the fuck up", which then lead to JRA punching the guy. The guy deserved it, he was ignorant and annoying as hell.

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 01:14 PM
I am curious but why did JRA get banned? It kinda sucks considering it seems like hes been on this site since day one. Kind of lame to see an "old school" member leave. :/

Dextrimental
02-23-2011, 01:16 PM
I am curious but why did JRA get banned?
This. What the hell just happened?

larvtard
02-23-2011, 01:16 PM
I am curious but why did JRA get banned?

I just noticed that too. :(
Eh, he was kinda cool, and he had the funniest insults :lol:

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 01:17 PM
I just noticed that too. :(
Eh, he was kinda cool, and he had the funniest insults :lol:

I personally never had a problem with him. He was one of a few members that actually appreciated old school hip hop and almost loved some of the artists just as much as I did. Meh, sad to see a member leave :(

Too many people getting banned

Teh Suck up prince, Ratcat33, jra ect. We are just on a role here :(

powerslave_85
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Kind of lame to see an "old school" member leave. Been here a long time =/= nice person.

larvtard
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM
I personally never had a problem with him. He was one of a few members that actually appreciated old school hip hop and almost loved some of the artists just as much as I did. Meh, sad to see a member leave :(

ratcat got banned? :party: I hated that guy!

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Been here a long time =/= nice person.

Oh yeah, I know that for sure. I've always considered all the "2004" people as "Old school members" but it's kind of a bummer to see one leave. :hecho:

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM

The people that have been banned are assholes. No point being bothered by it.

That said, JRA isn't banned. He wrote banned into his title himself. When you get banned your avatar and signature disappear from your posts I believe.

daimonos
02-23-2011, 01:30 PM
:confused: Shouldn't you be happy that someone didn't like the show? If everyone thought it was the best show of their lives wouldn't you be angrier that you didn't go?

Oh wait...I get it...you're mad because he got to go and he didn't even enjoy himself. So in a way, he's spoiled or something. Okay, got it.

(Not making fun of or anything, just wanted to clarify myself)

Actually, if anyone else would have said they didn't like the show, I wouldn't have said anything. But whenever you're bitching about the "tuning of their guitars", and the band taking too long to get off your stage, and letting a guy who was whistling ruin your night, it's just plain stupid.

Like I said, if it was anyone else I wouldn't have cared. If JRA wasn't always acting like an immature elitist asshole, then I would have liked him. But whenever you say that "Ozzy sucks live now because they play the songs in a different key", it just makes you sound like an ass. I don't think I've ever seen him give a review of a live performance without bitching about the dumbest things. I'm not even going to go into his other 'elitist' views that he constantly spouts everywhere.

EDIT: I don't care to let this escalate any further, because I know JRA won't be able to come up with something to say that doesn't involve the words 'twat' 'fuck' or 'cunt'. I'm here to talk about the music I love with people who have similiar views, not to deal with drama bullshit. But now you know what I think of you, and honestly I couldn't give a shit less what your opinion is of me, so we'll leave it at that. Rock on.

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
The people that have been banned are assholes. No point being bothered by it.

That said, JRA isn't banned. He wrote banned into his title himself. When you get banned your avatar and signature disappear from your posts I believe.

REALLY!!! AWWWWWWWWWW HE STOLE MY IDEA. I always thought it would be funny to delete my "We're dead embryonic cells" quote and put "Banned Asshole" to see if people would start to get confused and think I really got banned. I actually wanted to try that out one day but meh, guess the idea is no longer fresh :(

jd091
02-23-2011, 01:42 PM
ratcat got banned? :party: I hated that guy!

He was getting really angry for some reason that a Whitechapel setlist was posted here a couple weeks ago. I personally requested to see one since I'm seeing them this weekend. Yeah, some people don't like deathcore. Cool beans. Some people also don't like thrash metal or black metal, or even death metal. But it's all metal and has a right to be on this site.

He got pretty offensive to a couple of us on the board, speciically me and Treghet. Oh well. As for JRA, sucks to see a longtime member leave because of 1 concert rage. Glad everyone else enjoyed the Immortal show, it looks like it would have been amazing to experience :rocker:

treghet
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Not in Chicago as far as I know... What just pisses me off about the Bottom Lounge is that they treat anyone that's under 21 like shit, same with the Clearwater Theater in West Dundee (another shithole that I hopefully will never have to go back to)

Ah, well here it's pretty typical. At a lot of venues that serve alcohol you either get Xs for being under 21 or they give you a wristband if you're of age. It's not supposed to be a way of treating you like shit, it just makes it easier for the bartenders to serve people.

Also, this thread... :eyes:

Crionics
02-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Ah, well here it's pretty typical. At a lot of venues that serve alcohol you either get Xs for being under 21 or they give you a wristband if you're of age. It's not supposed to be a way of treating you like shit, it just makes it easier for the bartenders to serve people.

Also, this thread... :eyes:

The National here in Richmond not only does the X thing, but they put a wristband with pictures of colored stick-figure school children, buses, and flowers :lol:

When I saw Megadeth I just took it off, same with some others around me, they still have the X's; it shouldn't matter. When I saw Mastodon, my friend and I rushed the guard a little bit and he didn't even put the wristband on me, pretty strange. I'm not sure if anyone else had one though.

Epidemic Reign
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
The National here in Richmond not only does the X thing, but they put a wristband with pictures of colored stick-figure school children, buses, and flowers :lol:

That is AWESOME. Couple places here in the Phoenix area do X's for under-21, but that wristband just sounds like icing on the cake. I've been going to shows for 10 years, now I'm 23 and I want to watch the little high schoolers suffer like I suffered, and maybe even a little worse.

ChildrenofSodom
02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
This thread is hilarious. I just want to get this in before the lock:

Untitled is Nas's best album.

mastodon421
02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I have a confession to make before this thread gets locked...... I Shot JR.

dimmudan
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I really enjoyed the show last night. I agree with JRA that it took a while for Immortal to come on but no complaints. I thought both Absu and Immortal played good sets and overall the sound at Bottom Lounge was pretty good.
My first time there and I would go again. I wish the stage was elevated a little higher as at times it was difficult to see even though I was only 3 bodies away from the stage. Also, Immortal's smoke machine was out of control and you can see in my pictures that you could barely make out Abbath most of the time because there was so much smoke.

Withstand the Fall of Time and Solarfall were my highlights. I love the entire At the Heart of Winter CD.

Overall, well worth the price of admission.

Here is a link to my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/

Let me know if you like them

Wizzbang11
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
EDIT: Guess he isn't banned. Odd.
And this thread isn't locked.

JRA
02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Two things:

Irony:

the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Literature .
a.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b.
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
Socratic irony.
dramatic irony.
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
the incongruity of this.
an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

Example: I just texted Brad for him to call es156 to see if he were ok, since he hadn't any board activity since he left for the show. Of course after I hit send he shows up and locks the thread. :bricks:

Two: I caught a glimpse of the kid arguing with the bouncer about not letting him go outside to smoke because he was under 21. What does he think you were gonna go sneak a drink at the bar? There's a bar in the venue! I didn't catch much, but I shall chime in and support that they treat "young-uns" like shit.

Three: (yea I, know, sue me) To the guy who posted the pictures and complained about the dry ice machines being out of fuck control, thank you. That was another factor that I completely forgot about. About a 1/4 of the way through the show I ended up getting stuck in the back, and as a result of that, the lighting, and all the people taller than me (re: 95% of them), I could barely see anything on stage. Hell all I could make out of Abbath was a long haired silouhette. It's kind of hard to enjoy Immortal's live mannerisms when you can't even see them. So the people on the rails and a couple of rows back might have got a good clear view, but to everyone else, we were screwed.

NecroRob
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Despite this thread, I still really wanna see Immortal.

JRA
02-23-2011, 06:07 PM

Go for it dude. Someone posted a thread here a while back saying how they hated seeing Children of Bodom and I still want to see it.

And just because this experience wasn't that great doesn't mean I don't want to see Immortal again

kommie
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Go for it dude. Someone posted a thread here a while back saying how they hated seeing Children of Bodom and I still want to see it.

And just because this experience wasn't that great doesn't mean I don't want to see Immortal again

To me, Children have 2 good CDs, and one of them they never playing anything off of it live. After Hatebreeder they took a huge Downfall.

El Gordo
02-23-2011, 06:21 PM

Yep. I've never seen them, but I've always read real mixed reviews for them. Sometimes they're awesome, sometimes they're shit, sometimes they're just kinda meh... But since I love the bulk of their recorded material, I'd be up for seeing them in hopes that I get one of those awesome shows.

jd091
02-23-2011, 08:59 PM
After Hatebreeder they took a huge Downfall.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

:allan:

Rowsdower!
02-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Hitting this up on Saturday, looking very much forward to it, plus my tickets were free, so that's ALWAYS a good thing.

Sepultura69
02-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Untitled is Nas's best album.

No...

smearCampaign
02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Hitting this up on Saturday, looking very much forward to it, plus my tickets were free, so that's ALWAYS a good thing.

Nice! I'll be there as well. How did you score free tickets, if you don't mind me asking?

Rowsdower!
02-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Nice! I'll be there as well. How did you score free tickets, if you don't mind me asking?

Cool shit, and my girlfriend got them for me, not exactly her thing, but it was for V-day and I'm not exactly into jewelry and watches.

jd091
02-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Cool shit, and my girlfriend got them for me, not exactly her thing, but it was for V-day and I'm not exactly into jewelry and watches.

Put a ring on it. Now.

PathLessTraveledRecords
02-24-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm new here and came across this site the day after. I think "In My Kingdom Cold" is missing from the set list. It's my favorite song by them which is how I remember it :)

I personally thought ABSU was generic and boring. The drummer had that ridiculous headband on with arm dressings and I just didn't get it. I was impressed by his drumming and vocals for sure and they were better live than on CD, but they did not upstage IMMORTAL at all in my opinion.

The dude whistling was very annoying. Everyone up front was looking at each other wishing he would stop. Probably the same drunk I heard yelling stupid things while we were eating. So if you shut him up, thanks!

IMMORTAL was a little sloppy and took WAY too long to come out, but I liked their song choices and overall, it was great to finally see them play live. I think it had been many years since they came to Chicago and my guess is they may not make it back.

I don't get to shows as much as I used to so this site will be pretty cool to check out in the future for shows that I can't go to (I'm 2 1/2 hours from Chicago and St. Louis which makes it hard to make it out).

smearCampaign
02-24-2011, 06:35 AM

Oh shit. That girl is a keeper!

kommie
02-24-2011, 08:30 AM
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

:allan:

I did that in the thread for their new CD and no one seemed to get it.

es156
02-24-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm new here and came across this site the day after. I think "In My Kingdom Cold" is missing from the set list. It's my favorite song by them which is how I remember it :)

I personally thought ABSU was generic and boring. The drummer had that ridiculous headband on with arm dressings and I just didn't get it. I was impressed by his drumming and vocals for sure and they were better live than on CD, but they did not upstage IMMORTAL at all in my opinion.

The dude whistling was very annoying. Everyone up front was looking at each other wishing he would stop. Probably the same drunk I heard yelling stupid things while we were eating. So if you shut him up, thanks!

IMMORTAL was a little sloppy and took WAY too long to come out, but I liked their song choices and overall, it was great to finally see them play live. I think it had been many years since they came to Chicago and my guess is they may not make it back.

I don't get to shows as much as I used to so this site will be pretty cool to check out in the future for shows that I can't go to (I'm 2 1/2 hours from Chicago and St. Louis which makes it hard to make it out).

In My Kingdom Cold was played before Tyrants.

JRA
02-24-2011, 10:01 AM
In My Kingdom Cold was played before Tyrants.

Yea I'm not sure how I forgot that. My bad folks.

Rowsdower!
02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Oh shit. That girl is a keeper!

Yessiree. I'm ridiculous stoked for this show, despite the negativity.

smearCampaign
02-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Yessiree. I'm ridiculous stoked for this show, despite the negativity.

Oh yeah, me too! Saturday is going to be awesome. I'm equally excited for Absu and Immortal. :rocker: