PDA

View Full Version : GRASPOP METAL MEETING 2011

brutal_descent
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
GRASPOP METAL MEETING, Belgium's leading metal festival, returns in 2011 on the weekend of June 24th-25th-26th! Combi-tickets are priced at 146€, while day tickets are priced at 76€.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/58135291/Graspop+Metal+Meeting+2011+GMMFlyer28jan2011.jpg

I'm going. ;) Belgium is neighboring France, so it's straight from Hellfest I go. :rocker: Nice way to cool off after a weekend of madness.

More info at the official Graspop site (graspop.be).

OH! I forgot to add that Legion of the Damned and Duff McKagan's Loaded are self-confirmed for this. LOTD is a force to be reckoned with, gentlemen. :cool:

There's a hefty list of rumored bands too: Alestorm, Alice Cooper, Alcest, Alter Bridge, Amon Amarth, Apocalyptica, As I Lay Dying, Atheist, Beneath the Massacre, Blind Guardian, Blackguard, Black Label Society, Comeback Kid, Converge, Children of Bodom, Decapitated, Destruction, DevilDriver , Dying Fetus, Ensiferum, Entombed, Finntroll, Forbidden, Gojira, Gorguts, Grave Digger, HammerFall, Hate Eternal, Helloween, Ill Nińo, In Flames, In This Moment, Kalmah, Kamelot, Kataklysm, Keep of Kalessin, Kivimetsän Druidi, Korpiklaani, Kreator, Macabre, Malevolent Creation, Mastodon, Mayhem, Megadeth, Mercenary, Meshuggah, Misery Index, Moonsorrow, Motörhead, Murderdolls, Nevermore, Orphaned Land, Overkill, Pagan’s Mind, Primordial, Queensr˙che, Rhapsody of Fire, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Sonic Syndicate, Stormwarrior, Svartsot, Symphony X, The Devil Wears Prada, The Haunted, Turisas, Vader, and Visions of Atlantis.

Will keep everyone updated! :)

NickLed19
02-22-2011, 02:37 PM
So many good bands.

rjturtle9
02-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I want to go :(

Too bad I already spent all my traveling funds for April.

brutal_descent
02-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I want to go :(

Too bad I already spent all my traveling funds for April.

I don't have to worry about that, since I bought my ticket back in December. I was really being nostalgic about Slipknot headlining 'cause I never had the chance to see them so I jumped the shark and bought a ticket. :D Now I'm over them but there are loads of other bands I want to see so hell to the yeah. :cool:

Let me guess, Big Four? ;)

Shadowswillfall414
02-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Hell i would go all 3 days. So diverse but oh so awesome.

IrritatedTrout
02-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Kinda weak, waaaay too much shit on the last day.

NickLed19
02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
The last day sucks besides Zombie and ATR, but the other 2 days are great.

brutal_descent
02-22-2011, 04:04 PM
The last day sucks besides Zombie and ATR, but the other 2 days are great.

Even Opeth? Cavalera? :confused:

NickLed19
02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
I missed Opeth, my bad.

Dextrimental
02-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Gonna be my third year running at this. Great festival. Line up was dodgey last year, but this year is very consistent with stuff I dig, so I'm really looking forward to it :D

ravenheart
02-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Heh, what's with all this old news suddenly getting posted.

Graspop line-up is good every year. Sometime I'll actually go, but not bothering this year. All the bands I really care about are playing at Sweden Rock.

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 02:53 AM
Heh, what's with all this old news suddenly getting posted.

Graspop line-up is good every year. Sometime I'll actually go, but not bothering this year. All the bands I really care about are playing at Sweden Rock.

I would go to Sweden Rock, but pretty much everyone but Thin Lizzy, Helloween, The Cult, Saxon, The Damned, Joan Jett, The Haunted, Clutch, Overkill, Down, Destruction... :pissed:

Goddamnit, I wish I was going. :bouville: But it interferes with my exams.

jd091
02-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Can you even IMAGINE watching Opeth, then having Bring Me the Horizon come on right after? All those Proggies are gonna love that...

ravenheart
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Can you even IMAGINE watching Opeth, then having Bring Me the Horizon come on right after? All those Proggies are gonna love that...

They might not necessarily be on right after. The poster does not reflect the running order in any way. They might be on completely separate stages.

makethemsuffer12
02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
They might not necessarily be on right after. The poster does not reflect the running order in any way. They might be on completely separate stages.

I'd imagine it's pretty obvious, considering they have Cavalera Conspiracy over Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat over Korn.

BloodoftheKings
02-23-2011, 05:19 PM
I'd imagine it's pretty obvious, considering they have Cavalera Conspiracy over Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat over Korn.

This actually makes sense considering it's in Belgium.

EDIT: Korn would still probably be billed higher then Volbeat but Volbeat is more popular in europe then they are in the US.

Dextrimental
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
The way Graspop works is they have four stages: Main stage, Marquee 1, Marquee 2 (Around half the size of Marquee 1), and the Metal Dome.

Metal Dome and Main stage run at the same time, but Metal Dome only has about five bands a day, and ends around maybe 3/4 o clock. The Marquess run all day and are also at the same time, and whenever a band finishes on Mainstage os the MEtal Dome, the bands in the Marquees start. With the billing the way it is on the poster, I am willing to bet Volbeat will headline a Marquee while Korn play main support on the Main Stage. Same with Cavalera Conspiracy over Avenged. The Main Stage bands are slightly lower on the bill, but have the best crowd to play for. Thats the way the line up has been the last two years.

rjturtle9
02-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Let me guess, Big Four? ;)

nah, I'm going to Cleveland on the 15th to see Rush then the next day iron Maiden in Florida. Big 4 is the weekend after, and I'm gonna be there too ;)

brutal_descent
02-25-2011, 02:51 AM
New announcement: BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, MONSTER MAGNET, KREATOR, LEGION OF THE DAMNED and DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED added to bill.

:rocker: Best announcement thus far. BLS and Kreator were just what I was waiting for :bliss:

ravenheart
02-25-2011, 04:36 AM
I'd take BLS and Kreator for Sweden Rock for sure. The others, not so much. I've seen Monster Magnet a couple of times in the last two years, they've been OK but I don't need to see them again. Duff McKagan's Loaded are awful.

brutal_descent
02-25-2011, 05:52 AM
I'd take BLS and Kreator for Sweden Rock for sure. The others, not so much. I've seen Monster Magnet a couple of times in the last two years, they've been OK but I don't need to see them again. Duff McKagan's Loaded are awful.

Loaded sounds awful. :eyes: Seeing Black Label will be epic as always, and seeing Kreator will be fucking awesome, I missed them back home in Moscow in September. :horns:

ravenheart
02-25-2011, 08:24 AM
I saw Kreator in December in Paris. They were OK, but they're not that entertaining to watch.

brutal_descent
02-25-2011, 08:36 AM
I saw Kreator in December in Paris. They were OK, but they're not that entertaining to watch.

:bawling:

brutal_descent
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
NEW BANDS ANNOUNCED - All Shall Perish, Dublin Death Squad and the all-shitty Rise to Remain.

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
New additions and first cancellations:

ADDITIONS:

+ Watain
+ Lacuna Coil
+ Dio Disciples :barf:
+ The Rods
+ After the Burial
+ The Dwarves
+ The Black Spiders
+ Wayne Static (of Static-X)
+ Anvil
+ D.R.I. :rocker:

CANCELLATIONS:

- Disturbed :party:
- All That Remains :mad:
- Masters of Reality

Glad that Disturbed is gone, sort of pissed that All That Remains has to go.

The additions, apart from DRI, After the Burial, The Dwarves, Watain, and Lacuna Coil (sorta) are lackluster. Dio Disciples pisses me off beyond belief :flame:

Dextrimental
04-25-2011, 02:08 AM
Definitely pissed I'm not seeing All That Remains, Disturbed would have been cool as background noise for food. Masters Of Reality, MEH.

All of the new additions are decent to me, see how the timetable pans out to see if I will atch any of them. With Disturbed gone, I reckon theres one more pretty big band to come, I'm hoping for Down!

Maidenmagic
04-25-2011, 06:06 AM
So many good bands.

So many bands that aren't even metal. I can understand Rob Zombie (Although he's what I like to called "horror techno") and Avenged Sevenfold (which is unbearable hard rock) but Journey and Foriegner?!

ravenheart
06-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Ozzy has got laryngitis and has cancelled. Priest now headline, Whitesnake move up one slot, Channel Zero take the vacant slot below them.

MetalIsArt
06-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Ozzy has got laryngitis and has cancelled. Priest now headline, Whitesnake move up one slot, Channel Zero take the vacant slot below them.

Priest will play two f*cking hours!!!! :D:D:D:bouville:

MetalIsArt
06-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Setlists forthcoming? :bliss:

ravenheart
06-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Priest will play two f*cking hours!!!! :D:D:D:bouville:

Priest play two hours every night unless they're on a festival bill where they aren't headlining (i.e. Hellfest and their original billing at Graspop). A 2 hour Priest set is nothing special, it'll just be the same set they've played everywhere else.

stylesclash516
06-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Live stream going on here:

http://www.skynet.be/generation-nl/muziek/festivals/live?new_lang=nl

According to the schedule Judas Priest will be aired but things could always change.

NickLed19
06-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Priest play two hours every night unless they're on a festival bill where they aren't headlining (i.e. Hellfest and their original billing at Graspop). A 2 hour Priest set is nothing special, it'll just be the same set they've played everywhere else.

When I saw them they played 80 min.

larvtard
06-25-2011, 11:52 AM
When I saw them they played 80 min.

You probably saw them on the British steel tour then.

ravenheart
06-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I've seen Priest three times and never seen them play under two hours. It's what they do. The sub-two-hour shows are the unusual ones, not the other way around.

Seeing them again next month :D

NickLed19
06-25-2011, 02:17 PM
You probably saw them on the British steel tour then.

Yes sir.

MetalIsArt
06-26-2011, 02:38 AM

No it's not "normal". They did it because Ozzy became sick.

This & Channel Zero replaced him.

ravenheart
06-26-2011, 04:18 AM
No it's not "normal". They did it because Ozzy became sick.

Yes, it is normal. The fact that they were going to play a shorter set when Ozzy was still on the bill is not normal for them. Almost all of their other shows on this tour are two hour sets. The short ones are the unusual ones. The 2 hour ones are the normal ones.

MetalIsArt
06-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Yes, it is normal. The fact that they were going to play a shorter set when Ozzy was still on the bill is not normal for them. Almost all of their other shows on this tour are two hour sets. The short ones are the unusual ones. The 2 hour ones are the normal ones.

Whatevs.

It wasn't planned for them to do it at GMM.

ravenheart
06-26-2011, 05:46 AM
It wasn't planned for them to do it at GMM.

Correct. Which would have been an unusually short show for them. Which was what I said. With the cancellation of Ozzy, Priest instead played their normal show, instead of a short one.

Jeez. :tp: