PDA

View Full Version : Between the Buried and Me, Job For A Cowboy, The Ocean, Cephalic Carnage N.A. Tour

makethemsuffer12
02-22-2011, 07:56 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/02/22/presenting-the-hypersleep-dialogues-trek-featuring-between-the-buried-and-me-the-ocean-job-for-a-cowboy-and-cephalic-carnage/

Sepultura69
02-22-2011, 08:09 AM
THANKS WOLVERINEKILLS, WHAT WOULD WE DO WITH OUT YOU

ShatteredFlame
02-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Oh sweet, its at a local club only like 20 minutes from my house. I think I'll go.

ShatteredFlame
02-22-2011, 08:20 AM
I really hate that The Ocean is playing third though. MetalSucks has to be one of the worst booking agents around.

ravenheart
02-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Shame JFAC have to spoil that...

ravenheart
02-22-2011, 08:21 AM
I really hate that The Ocean is playing third though. MetalSucks has to be one of the worst booking agents around.

Metal Sucks are a booking agent now? I thought they were just an exceptionally shit news/reviews website...

ShatteredFlame
02-22-2011, 08:28 AM
well they are sponsors or whatever, and any tour they sponsor or book usually has 1 or 2 good bands while the rest is just shit

DethMaiden
02-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Shame JFAC have to spoil that...

This.

Metal Sucks are a booking agent now? I thought they were just an exceptionally shit news/reviews website...

And this.

Whatever, I can't make any of those dates anyway. The Red Chord instead of JFAC would make this tour pretty fucking perfect, but they're doing another incredibly badass tour that I also can't make. :bouville:

moobys37
02-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Well, that's quite the strange venue here for that show, but at least The Ocean is opening so I can leave early.

mankvill
02-22-2011, 09:41 AM
15-Apr Farmingdale, NY The Crazy Donkey
16-Apr New England Metal & Hardcore Fest The Palladium
17-Apr Lancaster, PA Chameleon Club
18-Apr Pittsburgh, PA Altar Bar
19-Apr Williamsville, NY Club Infinity
20-Apr Montreal, QC Le National
21-Apr Toronto, ONT Opera House
22-Apr Toledo, OH Headliners
23-Apr Pontiac, MI The Crofoot Ballroom
25-Apr Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
26-Apr Lawrence, KS Granada
27-Apr Denver, CO Summit Music Hall
29-Apr Vancouver, BC Rickshaw Theatre
30-Apr Seattle, WA El Corazon
1-May Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre
3-May Sacramento, CA Ace of Spades
4-May San Francisco, CA Slim’s
5-May Pomona, CA Glasshouse Music Hall
6-May San Diego, CA Soma
7-May Mesa, AZ Nile Theatre
9-May Dallas, TX The Door
10-May Tulsa, OK The Marquee
11-May Memphis, TN New Daisy Theatre
12-May Atlanta, GA The Masquerade
13-May Nashville, TN Rockettown
14-May Asheville, NC The Orange Peel

Yayyyy!

Natrlhi
02-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Well, that's quite the strange venue here for that show, but at least The Ocean is opening so I can leave early.
Same here. I haven't been to Headliners since I went to school at U.Toledo back in the early 90's, but that place was small as fuck back then, and probably still is. Why not Peabody's in Cleveland? All four of those bands have played Peabody's in the past, and I guarantee it's a better venue than Headliners.

Ah, well. Like ravenheart said, it's a shame JFAC have to spoil this.

maidenpriest
02-22-2011, 09:45 AM
only heard a couple songs from them. really liked their musicianship but wasnt a fan of their vocals. might have to try again though its been awhile.

ShatteredFlame
02-22-2011, 10:15 AM
shit, the worst part about this is that my stop is the very first so I can't even check to see how long The Ocean is playing :(

I guess I'll get setlists if I do go

idrinkwine732
02-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Yo, Slappy G, that will sell out here, don't snooze on getting tickets.

mastodon421
02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
I am really excited about this tour. It's a very diverse bill and I enjoy every band on the tour alot. I am also curious to see where in the day The Ocean and Cephalic Carnage play during NEMHF.

MPF
02-22-2011, 10:27 AM
WHY BTBAM? WHY MUST YOU HATE MINNESOTA?!!

You haven't been here since 2008. Come back, we miss you.

And bring The Ocean with you!

jd091
02-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Apparently metalsucks hates me. No Chicago date, let alone a date in the entire goddamn state of Illinois. And with Cephalic Fuckin' Carnage opening up?!?!? Dammit!

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Woooooot!

xskizzelzx90x
02-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Apparently metalsucks hates me. No Chicago date, let alone a date in the entire goddamn state of Illinois. And with Cephalic Fuckin' Carnage opening up?!?!? Dammit!

honestly...you have RAMMSTEIN and I get stuck with shit like this tour. wanna trade?

mastodon421
02-22-2011, 11:33 AM

I know it's a fucking haul, but Come to Mass for NEMHF Day 3, you get this tour and a bunch of other amazing bands.

jd091
02-22-2011, 11:46 AM
honestly...you have RAMMSTEIN and I get stuck with shit like this tour. wanna trade?

Good point. No, I will not trade. I WILL NEVER TRADE.

larvtard
02-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Eh, maybe. BTBAM is pretty repetitive live and there will be tons of scene kids (OH GOD, I just remembered this is with Job for a Cowboy. The combination of scene kids/bros for both bands may simply push me over the edge). Cephalic Carnage is really good live though.

masterguy49
02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow, no south FL. dates. What else is new :bouville:

Shadowswillfall414
02-22-2011, 01:43 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKK I NEED TO GO TO THIS :rocker:

300%_Density
02-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Please let CC be @ Tulsa date. Them & the ocean are my main reasons for goin to this. Not a fan of BTBM but would still give them a shot.

NecroRob
02-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Pretty excited for this, only seen BTBAM once and they only played 3 songs. Can't wait to see a headlining set from them.

mankvill
02-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Headlining BTBAM will be awesome. Maybe the metal gods will smile upon us and make JFAC cancel and be replaced by...hmm...Converge?

slapguitarer
02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Headlining BTBAM will be awesome. Maybe the metal gods will smile upon us and make JFAC cancel and be replaced by...hmm...Converge?

That would be the worst thing ever.

Sadly, I'll more than likely not be able to make this show

mankvill
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
That would be the worst thing ever.

Sadly, I'll more than likely not be able to make this show

Why would a deathcore band dropping off and being replaced by one of the best bands in THE WORRRLLLDDD be bad?

slapguitarer
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Why would a deathcore band dropping off and being replaced by one of the best bands in THE WORRRLLLDDD be bad?

Lol, you're implying Converge is good. Also, JFAC is what really got me into extreme Metal, so they have a special place in my heart. I still bump Doom every now and again.

Haters gonna hate

mankvill
02-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Lol, you're implying Converge is good. Also, JFAC is what really got me into extreme Metal, so they have a special place in my heart. I still bump Doom every now and again.

Haters gonna hate

>thinks Converge is bad
>likes Job For A Cowboy

ha_ha_oh_wow.tiff

slapguitarer
02-22-2011, 05:32 PM
>thinks Converge is bad
>likes Job For A Cowboy

ha_ha_oh_wow.tiff

I saw Converge on the Mastoklok tour and I can honestly say they're the worst band I've ever seen.

Sorry, but Mathcore doesn't agree with me.

makethemsuffer12
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm not going to lie, but I don't get all the fuss about Converge, but I tend to find mathcore bands kind of annoying to begin with. They aren't the worst band ever or anything, but I'll take Ruination-era JFAC over them any day.

Bergman101
02-22-2011, 05:50 PM
I gotta say, I don't get what the fuss over JFAC is! Also, Converge is amazing!!

AnataFan4Life
02-22-2011, 05:50 PM
The Faceless should be on here instead of JFAC. I don't care if they tour all the time, but they would fit on this lineup much better and, well, they're just plain better.

ShatteredFlame
02-22-2011, 05:51 PM
I saw Converge on the Mastoklok tour and I can honestly say they're the worst band I've ever seen.

Cause you went for Dethklok and Mastodon. Go to a headlining Converge show and it will be one of the most intense things you will experience.

I'm not going to lie, but I don't get all the fuss about Converge, but I tend to find mathcore bands kind of annoying to begin with. They aren't the worst band ever or anything, but I'll take Ruination-era JFAC over them any day.
I don't care for mathcore really but Axe to Fall is seriously one of the best records to come out in the last couple of years. It takes awhile to grow on you but after that, every song is just mind blowing.

larvtard
02-22-2011, 05:52 PM
The Faceless should be on here instead of JFAC. I don't care if they tour all the time, but they would fit on this lineup much better and, well, they're just plain better.

JFAC is sort of random on this tour, yeah. I can see the similarities between BTBAM and The Ocean, but JFAC?

Also, slap: Converge is just short of amazing. You probably just dislike the vocals, which is perfectly understandable. But don't call the band bad, because that's anything but true.

ShatteredFlame
02-22-2011, 05:54 PM
I still bump Doom every now and again.

Now it would be awesome if you were talking about the crust legends Doom or even Miles Dumile but sadly you're not.

makethemsuffer12
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM
When it comes to Converge, the music is a bit too random-sounding and dissonant at times for my liking. I can take BTBAM, but bands like Converge or Dillinger Escape Plan just don't do it for me.

jd091
02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
>thinks Converge is bad
>likes Job For A Cowboy

ha_ha_oh_wow.tiff

Don't get between Manks and his Converge! Not a smart move!

slapguitarer
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
JFAC is sort of random on this tour, yeah. I can see the similarities between BTBAM and The Ocean, but JFAC?

Also, slap: Converge is just short of amazing. You probably just dislike the vocals, which is perfectly understandable. But don't call the band bad, because that's anything but true.

You're right, it pretty much is the vocals. I listened to one of their songs recently, and the musicians in the band are good and know what they're doing. But I just don't really like the whole "core" aspect of Mathcore. If they focused all their efforts on making a more Prog/Math kind of sound, I could probably put up with the vocals. But that's not happening. So they may be talented, but I still think their music is fucking terrible

hellawaits77ny
02-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Not a bad tour, at all. The people who arranged the dates aren't very bright. Belphegor + Sepultura are playing 5 blocks down the street the same night in Montreal.

I'm torn between which show to hit : Don't care for Belphegor, but wanna see Sepultura + Neuraxis. Also wanna see JFAC + BTBAM on this tour. I'm leaning towards this one. Tix for the Sep/Belph tour are $35, I can't imagine tix for this tour would be that expensive.

Statutory-Mike
02-22-2011, 08:50 PM
You're right, it pretty much is the vocals. I listened to one of their songs recently, and the musicians in the band are good and know what they're doing. But I just don't really like the whole "core" aspect of Mathcore. If they focused all their efforts on making a more Prog/Math kind of sound, I could probably put up with the vocals. But that's not happening. So they may be talented, but I still think their music is fucking terrible

It's more or less hardcore then it really is mathcore. Not even, they're just Converge. And they should've been headlining that god damn Mastoklok tour, they stole the show. Sitting through Dethklok was one of the most painfully boring experiences of my life :barf:

slapguitarer
02-22-2011, 08:57 PM
It's more or less hardcore then it really is mathcore. Not even, they're just Converge. And they should've been headlining that god damn Mastoklok tour, they stole the show. Sitting through Dethklok was one of the most painfully boring experiences of my life :barf:

No. Just, no.

ShatteredFlame
02-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Mastodon has toured with Converge loads of times in the past but that one, it was just a really awkward crowd for them. Between the awful Mastodon prog fans and the Dethklok fans who know nothing of metal, they just got all kinds of shit. At my show there was just a small pit of Converge fans killing each other while everyone else was just standing around. Then you come on places like this and all people do is bitch about Converge being to "core" when arguably they are the most extreme band on the bill.

Statutory-Mike
02-22-2011, 10:15 PM
No. Just, no.

you're right, it was the MOST boring.

Mastodon has toured with Converge loads of times in the past but that one, it was just a really awkward crowd for them. Between the awful Mastodon prog fans and the Dethklok fans who know nothing of metal, they just got all kinds of shit. At my show there was just a small pit of Converge fans killing each other while everyone else was just standing around. Then you come on places like this and all people do is bitch about Converge being to "core" when arguably they are the most extreme band on the bill.

You were at Hammerstein, right? And yeah, pretty lame crowd. I saw an interview with Jacob on that tour where he was asked about the situations with crowds not really getting into them, and he reffered to Dethklok fans as level 1 heavy music listeners while Converge was more for level 3 or 4 heavy music listeners. While it's funny, he's also kind of right.

jd091
02-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Sitting through Dethklok was one of the most painfully boring experiences of my life :barf:

BUT THEY HAVE THE 7TH LARGEST WORLD ECONOMY

:shred:

ShatteredFlame
02-23-2011, 04:46 AM
You were at Hammerstein, right? And yeah, pretty lame crowd. I saw an interview with Jacob on that tour where he was asked about the situations with crowds not really getting into them, and he reffered to Dethklok fans as level 1 heavy music listeners while Converge was more for level 3 or 4 heavy music listeners. While it's funny, he's also kind of right.
Yes I was at Hammerstein. Converge is just better appreciated by fans of extreme music. Like @ Maryland Deathfest when even though a legendary death metal act like Obituary is playing at the same time, the Converge stage is still packed by people who know whats good.

Statutory-Mike
02-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Yes I was at Hammerstein. Converge is just better appreciated by fans of extreme music. Like @ Maryland Deathfest when even though a legendary death metal act like Obituary is playing at the same time, the Converge stage is still packed by people who know whats good.

That's pretty rad, pretty not cool they were playing at the same time though. But, essentially I get what you're saying.

NecroRob
04-12-2011, 10:09 AM
From Tommy Rogers,

“We have a really exciting set list for everyone this tour. We are going to do the entire new record [The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues] plus a set of old songs.”

Not sure how I feel about this. I mean I like the new EP and all, but idk if I want to see it all at the expense of other great songs from Colors or Alaska. However, if they pick the right songs off of those albums, my complaints won't really matter :D

mastodon421
04-12-2011, 10:14 AM
From Tommy Rogers,

“We have a really exciting set list for everyone this tour. We are going to do the entire new record [The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues] plus a set of old songs.”

Not sure how I feel about this. I mean I like the new EP and all, but idk if I want to see it all at the expense of other great songs from Colors or Alaska. However, if they pick the right songs off of those albums, my complaints won't really matter :D

Should be cool to hear the new EP in full. BTBAM tends to put together awesome sets, this should be no exception.

powerslave_85
04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Are people in this thread actually calling Converge "mathcore?" What the fucking shit.

ChildrenofSodom
04-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Are people in this thread actually calling Converge "mathcore?" What the fucking shit.

I'd rather call them a cab, so they aren't anywhere near a show I'm going to.

That was a stretch.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2011, 11:07 AM

That was a stretch.

You clever devil, you.

mankvill
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM

That was a stretch.

I'd call you a cab

so your shitty music taste

can be far away from Converge

boom roasted

larvtard
04-12-2011, 01:08 PM
From Tommy Rogers,

I'm not happy about them playing the whole EP either, but if they play Informal Gluttony I'm in either way. Though I'm not even sure if I can go to this as it falls on finals week for me.

Converge is defnitely mathcore. Also hardcore.

That was a stretch.

:eyes: I don't get it...

mankvill
04-12-2011, 01:10 PM
:eyes: I don't get it...

he was just trying to make a joke about how much he sucks because he doesn't love Converge

larvtard
04-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Oh I see now. wow I feel stupid :eyes:

combustion07
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM

That was a stretch.

Somebodies a closet Converge fan.

rjturtle9
04-12-2011, 06:08 PM
he was just trying to make a joke about how much he sucks because he doesn't love Converge

Oh I see now. wow I feel stupid :eyes:

:lol:

jd091
04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Converge... May 30th can't come soon enough for me. I haven't seen 'em live yet, and I bet its gonna be insane in a little place like Reggie's.

GarageMetal468
04-13-2011, 09:57 AM
I decided that I'm not gonna go to the Joliet show that's like 10 minutes from me. I'm gonna be the only guy there that's not wearing tight pants and/or a flat brimmed hat and doesn't have a bad haircut. I'm worried that I may murder someone there because it'd be that horrible. Last time I saw BTBAM headline an all ages show I almost beat the crap out of one kid because he was hardcore dancing in front of me and tried to pick a fight for me stopping him.

jd091
04-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I decided that I'm not gonna go to the Joliet show that's like 10 minutes from me. I'm gonna be the only guy there that's not wearing tight pants and/or a flat brimmed hat and doesn't have a bad haircut. I'm worried that I may murder someone there because it'd be that horrible. Last time I saw BTBAM headline an all ages show I almost beat the crap out of one kid because he was hardcore dancing in front of me and tried to pick a fight for me stopping him.

Dude. Dude. Dude. GO TO THE SHOW. I'm considering taking the fucking metra out from the city all the way to Joliet just to see this. And you're gonna pass up the Ocean? Come on man!

GarageMetal468
04-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Dude. Dude. Dude. GO TO THE SHOW. I'm considering taking the fucking metra out from the city all the way to Joliet just to see this. And you're gonna pass up the Ocean? Come on man!

Well I guess I'll consider it then, but then it depends if I'm gonna be out of town that weekend. If not, I'll go.

larvtard
04-13-2011, 12:38 PM

Just stay away from the pit area. That's what I'm doing when I go to BTBAM.

GarageMetal468
04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Just stay away from the pit area. That's what I'm doing when I go to BTBAM.

Yeah there's gonna be hardcore dancing galore, but if there's legit mosh pits I'm going in for sure, I love that stuff haha

masterguy49
04-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah there's gonna be hardcore dancing galore, but if there's legit mosh pits I'm going in for sure, I love that stuff haha
You'd be surprised. I went to a After the Burial, Winds of Plague, As I Lay Dying show it was all legit mosh pits. It was awesome :D

jd091
04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
You'd be surprised. I went to a After the Burial, Winds of Plague, As I Lay Dying show it was all legit mosh pits. It was awesome :D

You wouldn't believe when I saw Whitechapel, Acacia Strain, and Veil of Maya: 95% legit moshes. I couldn't believe it, it was like opening up a bag of poop and figuring out the poop is actually chocolate!

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
You wouldn't believe when I saw Whitechapel, Acacia Strain, and Veil of Maya: 95% legit moshes. I couldn't believe it, it was like opening up a bag of poop and figuring out the poop is actually chocolate!

I'm not shocked about the legit moshing as much as I am about you actually going to see those bands :lol:

jd091
04-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm not shocked about the legit moshing as much as I am about you actually going to see those bands :lol:

Haha yeah, I mean my favorite bands are Opeth, Enslaved, and Meshuggah, but I like to think that I'm accepting of all types of metal. There's a part of me that really enjoys deathcore for what it is. Yeah, it's pretty simple, and the bands aren't anything special, but sometimes brainless breakdowns are what I'm in the mood to hear.

I've loved Whitechapel since The Somatic Defilement came out back in 2006. That album changed the way I viewed -core as a whole, and opened me up. I'm not saying it's anything special, just that I enjoy it a ton for some reason. Not to mention that I love Veil of Maya (hometown heroes w00t) and Acacia are one of the heaviest breakdown bands out there, consistently putting out great albums. If you didn't enjoy Wormwood, there's something wring with you or you're a fucking elitist ;)

Anyway, that was the first real all deathcore show I've seen, and was pleasently surprised at how fun it was. I just crowdsurfed a lot, since Acacia Strain fans are like twice my size :lol: The funnest shows I've ever seen are still Behemoth and Nile; I approached deathcore from the -death aspect, rather than most approaching it from the -core aspect.

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Haha yeah, I mean my favorite bands are Opeth, Enslaved, and Meshuggah, but I like to think that I'm accepting of all types of metal. There's a part of me that really enjoys deathcore for what it is. Yeah, it's pretty simple, and the bands aren't anything special, but sometimes brainless breakdowns are what I'm in the mood to hear.

I've loved Whitechapel since The Somatic Defilement came out back in 2006. That album changed the way I viewed -core as a whole, and opened me up. I'm not saying it's anything special, just that I enjoy it a ton for some reason. Not to mention that I love Veil of Maya (hometown heroes w00t) and Acacia are one of the heaviest breakdown bands out there, consistently putting out great albums. If you didn't enjoy Wormwood, there's something wring with you or you're a fucking elitist ;)

Anyway, that was the first real all deathcore show I've seen, and was pleasently surprised at how fun it was. I just crowdsurfed a lot, since Acacia Strain fans are like twice my size :lol: The funnest shows I've ever seen are still Behemoth and Nile; I approached deathcore from the -death aspect, rather than most approaching it from the -core aspect.

- All Shall Perish
- Bring Me The Horizon
- Despised Icon
- As Blood Runs Black
- The Black Dahlia Murder
- Miss May I
- Heaven Shall Burn
- We Butter the Bread with Butter

:tp: Yeah, I can't troll people for liking deathcore if I love all the bands above. I'm pretty open-minded too, but I know shit when I hear/see it.

Whitechapel, cough cough.

jd091
04-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Whitechapel, cough cough.
To each his own, man! ;) I know they're hated, but I don't really care. I'm not even ashamed to say I like 'em.

I do like a couple other bands I AM ashamed to say I like... such as... um...
suicide silence... :tp:

I'll accept whatever beating I deserve. But I really like wormrot! You can't kill me for that! :D

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 05:40 PM
To each his own, man! ;) I know they're hated, but I don't really care. I'm not even ashamed to say I like 'em.

I do like a couple other bands I AM ashamed to say I like... such as... um...
suicide silence... :tp:

I'll accept whatever beating I deserve. But I really like wormrot! You can't kill me for that! :D

Suicide Silence is the worst live band I've ever seen.

Wormrot isn't deathcore! :eyes:

jd091
04-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Wormrot isn't deathcore! :eyes:

I know! :lol: I was just throwing out a legit metal band that I like to show that I'm not a retarded deathcore scene douche.

mankvill
04-13-2011, 05:45 PM
- We Butter the Bread with Butter

fuck you

brutal_descent
I know! :lol: I was just throwing out a legit metal band that I like to show that I'm not a retarded deathcore scene douche.

Neither am I ;)

brutal_descent
i want to fuck you

Hmm?

GarageMetal468
04-13-2011, 05:48 PM

:tp: Yeah, I can't troll people for liking deathcore if I love all the bands above. I'm pretty open-minded too, but I know shit when I hear/see it.

..........no.

mankvill
04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Hmm?

unf unf unf

jd091
04-13-2011, 05:51 PM
goddamn manks I love you

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 05:55 PM
..........no.

Brutal death metal, okay okay okay.

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 05:56 PM
goddamn manks I love you

I second that.

Statutory-Mike
04-14-2011, 06:45 AM

wat

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 08:39 AM
wat

:bouville:

Fff, sometimes I consider them deathcore, sometimes brutal death metal.

bt11763
04-14-2011, 08:49 AM
:bouville:

Fff, sometimes I consider them deathcore, sometimes brutal death metal.

:lol: they don't have any hardcore elements really.

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 08:53 AM
:lol: they don't have any hardcore elements really.

YEAH BUT HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO THEIR SHOWS.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

GarageMetal468
04-14-2011, 08:55 AM
YEAH BUT HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO THEIR SHOWS.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Yeah, I've seen them 3 times. First was at Mayhem 09, second was with Skeletonwitch and Toxic Holocaust, third was with Goatwhore. I don't know about you, but those were sick as hell shows. No hardcore anything.

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I've seen them 3 times. First was at Mayhem 09, second was with Skeletonwitch and Toxic Holocaust, third was with Goatwhore. I don't know about you, but those were sick as hell shows. No hardcore anything.

Last time I saw them, they covered a Converge song. :eyes:

Natrlhi
04-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Last time I saw them, they covered a Converge song. :eyes:Converge isn't deathcore either.

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Converge isn't deathcore either.

No, but they're hardcore, and illuminatus____ says they have no aspects of hardcore.

Eh, fuck arguing about BDM, they're way too diverse to debate for me. :hmm:

Natrlhi
04-14-2011, 09:36 AM
No, but they're hardcore, and illuminatus____ says they have no aspects of hardcore.

Eh, fuck arguing about BDM, they're way too diverse to debate for me. :hmm:You had them on a list of deathcore bands - that's what everybody is arguing about.

powerslave_85
04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
So, it turns out more people consider Converge to be "mathcore" than I thought, but I still think that's idiotic. I mean, that puts them in the same category as DEP, and Converge sound nothing like them.

jd091
04-14-2011, 10:41 AM
So, it turns out more people consider Converge to be "mathcore" than I thought, but I still think that's idiotic. I mean, that puts them in the same category as DEP, and Converge sound nothing like them.

Eh... I wouldn't say they sound nothing alike. I would say converge dabbles in mathcore, but are a straight-up old school metalcore band.

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 12:28 PM

I didn't say mathcore, I said hardcore. :confused:

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 03:12 PM
why is converge being talked about in a btbam jfac the ocean cc tour thread anyway,not to mention they blow live(in boston they did) and one their fans likes to hit women(again in boston it happened)

MPF
04-14-2011, 03:36 PM
why is converge being talked about in a btbam jfac the ocean cc tour thread anyway,not to mention they blow live(in boston they did) and one their fans likes to hit women(again in boston it happened)

Yeah because that totally coralates to how good or bad of a band Converge is. :tp:

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah because that totally coralates to how good or bad of a band Converge is. :tp:

I never said that they were a bad band i just said that they sucked live when i saw them and that other point is relevant so idk why i even said that

mankvill
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Converge fucking kicks ass live why were they performing with dethklok they fucking sucked live and there fans hit little kids

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Im not talking about dethklok,but if there fans hit little kids thats just as bad as some converge fan hitting a women for no reason other than she was on the rail,with that beign said both parties are wanna be tough guys and there is no need or room for assholes like that at shows

MPF
04-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Im not talking about dethklok,but if there fans hit little kids thats just as bad as some converge fan hitting a women for no reason other than she was on the rail,with that beign said both parties are wanna be tough guys and there is no need or room for assholes like that at shows

How is it the bands' fault that their fans are assholes?

Role reversal, Varg murdered a guy, does that mean every Black Metal fan kills people?

Don't blame the bands for having shitty asshole fans. I got my ass kicked at Periphery with forearms to the face for 2 and a half songs before I got out of the pit. Does that mean Periphery is bunch of assholes who don't giove a shit about their fans? Hell no. If you ever get a chance to be on a stage playing with a band, you'll realize that you can't see 10 feet from the stage. A lot of times bands can't see that shit on stage, and almost all the time, they aren't looking for it to either.

Hate the asshole fans, not the bands.

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 05:49 PM
How is it the bands' fault that their fans are assholes?

Role reversal, Varg murdered a guy, does that mean every Black Metal fan kills people?

Don't blame the bands for having shitty asshole fans. I got my ass kicked at Periphery with forearms to the face for 2 and a half songs before I got out of the pit. Does that mean Periphery is bunch of assholes who don't giove a shit about their fans? Hell no. If you ever get a chance to be on a stage playing with a band, you'll realize that you can't see 10 feet from the stage. A lot of times bands can't see that shit on stage, and almost all the time, they aren't looking for it to either.

Hate the asshole fans, not the bands.I never said it was the bands fault but when a hardcore band plays the fans "usaully" and in this case was a wanna be tough guy. Being in a pit and getting hit is gonna happen but being up front on the rail minding your own business then getting hit by some dude for no reason shouldnt happen,Im not blaming the band for that fan cause im sure they would not condone some dude hitting a women.Needless to say every show for every band has atleast one asshole fan in the crowd.With that being said i wanna know why converge was brought up in a thread that had nothing to do with them in the first place?

MPF
04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I never said it was the bands fault but when a hardcore band plays the fans "usaully" and in this case was a wanna be tough guy. Being in a pit and getting hit is gonna happen but being up front on the rail minding your own business then getting hit by some dude for no reason shouldnt happen,Im not blaming the band for that fan cause im sure they would not condone some dude hitting a women.Needless to say every show for every band has atleast one asshole fan in the crowd.With that being said i wanna know why converge was brought up in a thread that had nothing to do with them in the first place?

It's metalsetlists. How often have you ever saw a thread stay on topic?

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 06:29 PM
I never said it was the bands fault but when a hardcore band plays the fans "usaully" and in this case was a wanna be tough guy. Being in a pit and getting hit is gonna happen but being up front on the rail minding your own business then getting hit by some dude for no reason shouldnt happen,Im not blaming the band for that fan cause im sure they would not condone some dude hitting a women.Needless to say every show for every band has atleast one asshole fan in the crowd.With that being said i wanna know why converge was brought up in a thread that had nothing to do with them in the first place?

BTBAM Tour --> Making Fun of ____ for liking Whitechapel --> Me Listing Favorite Deathcore Bands --> Make Mistake of Including BDM --> "BDM Isn't Deathcore!!!111" --> "They Don't Have Hardcore Elements!!!111" --> Swanson Comes In Talking About How Converge Isn't Even Mathcore, Why The Fuck Is Converge on a BTBAM Thread Anyhow --> Me Explaining that BDM Covered Converge So Like Yeah --> You

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 08:38 PM
It's metalsetlists. How often have you ever saw a thread stay on topic? true

BTBAM Tour --> Making Fun of ____ for liking Whitechapel --> Me Listing Favorite Deathcore Bands --> Make Mistake of Including BDM --> "BDM Isn't Deathcore!!!111" --> "They Don't Have Hardcore Elements!!!111" --> Swanson Comes In Talking About How Converge Isn't Even Mathcore, Why The Fuck Is Converge on a BTBAM Thread Anyhow --> Me Explaining that BDM Covered Converge So Like Yeah --> You WTF? :eek: