PDA

View Full Version : Black Label Society -- London, England -- February 21st, 2011

ravenheart
02-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Order of The Black Tour
Venue: Hammersmith Apollo
Support: Godsized
Times: 21:15-20:40

The Beginning... At Last
Crazy Horse
What's In You
The Rose Petaled Garden
Funeral Bell
Overlord
Parade of The Dead
In This River
Fire It Up
Guitar solo
Godspeed Hell Bound
The Blessed Hellride
Suicide Messiah
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

Indestructible
02-21-2011, 04:43 PM
He needs to stop soloing and playing In this River, maybe then just maybe there would be room for Stronger Than Death and 1919 Eternal songs. Maybe he'll remember those albums now that he is sobering up.
Stillborn is cool, but he could rid of that and do something else from Blessed Hellride, Doomsday Jesus and Blackened Waters come to mind.

ravenheart
02-21-2011, 04:54 PM
I've no problem with 'Stillborn' being in there. But the continued overlooking of the first three albums is getting tiresome, even here where he's only played two headline tours in the last ten years.

I don't rate three of the four new songs he played, but I don't begrudge him playing new songs. 'What's In You' is a poor choice from 'Mafia', and the way he plays 'The Blessed Hellride' now makes it sound absolutely awful.

To be honest though, if the way he sings 'The Beginning... At Last' is any indication, it's probably for the best that he doesn't ruin any of the other old songs too...

Nevertheless, they put on a better show than they did six years ago.

daimonos
02-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I've no problem with 'Stillborn' being in there. But the continued overlooking of the first three albums is getting tiresome, even here where he's only played two headline tours in the last ten years.

I don't rate three of the four new songs he played, but I don't begrudge him playing new songs. 'What's In You' is a poor choice from 'Mafia', and the way he plays 'The Blessed Hellride' now makes it sound absolutely awful.

To be honest though, if the way he sings 'The Beginning... At Last' is any indication, it's probably for the best that he doesn't ruin any of the other old songs too...

What's in You is definitely one of the worst songs on Mafia, but I was pleasantly suprised at how good it was live when I saw them in October.

Also, was there somebody bringing Zakk a giant lyric sheet in between every song? Because I found that somewhat ridiculous.

Indestructible
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM

How does he do Blessed Hellride and The Begining at Last now?

sarsip
02-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Need to mix up the set. So many great songs to choose from. Counterfeit God for one.

daimonos
02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
How does he do Blessed Hellride and The Begining at Last now?

He sings Beginning... in his 'newer' voice. As for The Blessed Hellride, I don't really remember, but I know the guitars sounded a ton different then they do on record. He basically plays it in a different style if I remember correctly.

Blacktooth85
02-21-2011, 09:15 PM
He needs to stop soloing and playing In this River, maybe then just maybe there would be room for Stronger Than Death and 1919 Eternal songs. Maybe he'll remember those albums now that he is sobering up.
Stillborn is cool, but he could rid of that and do something else from Blessed Hellride, Doomsday Jesus and Blackened Waters come to mind.

Yeah really. When the hell has he thrown something from Stronger Than Death in the set? That's the best BLS album in my opinion. Demise of Sanity from 1919 Eternal was played a few years ago i think, but that's it from that album. I'd like to see Bridge to Cross replace one of those other ballads in the set.
And would it hurt to play something from Sonic Brew. Maybe Bored to Tears, or anything from that album for that matter, once in a while.
I quit following BLS when Mafia came out, didn't really dig that one. And his sets mainly focus on material from that album on.

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Guitar solo

Fuck yeah :rocker::light::party::blaze::horns:

bigguytoo9
02-21-2011, 11:59 PM
saw BLS at ozzfest back in 05, someone did have a lyric sheet in front of him. I ended up falling asleep on the lawn for a half hour. Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath headlining was more important.

ravenheart
02-22-2011, 02:11 AM
Also, was there somebody bringing Zakk a giant lyric sheet in between every song? Because I found that somewhat ridiculous.

Yes, yes there was. Agreed, that is ridiculous. Zakk's only written three lines of lyrics in his life. Each song just puts them in a different order.

ravenheart
02-22-2011, 02:12 AM
Fuck yeah :rocker::light::party::blaze::horns:

Not a good thing. Remember when Zakk's solos were individual and distinctive?

This was about 7 minutes of the exact same stuff at the exact same pace. I've been a Zakk fan for as long as I've been a metal fan, but in the soloing department the guy has lost it.

daimonos
02-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes, yes there was. Agreed, that is ridiculous. Zakk's only written three lines of lyrics in his life. Each song just puts them in a different order.

The thing that gets me even more is the fact that he hardly changes up his set and has been playing the same songs for years, but he still doesn't know the words. I know the fucking words and I didn't even write the songs.

Sanitarium78
02-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Weather he has a different voice now or not it's still very disturbing that he doesn't play anything off STD and 1919. Zakk's voice hasn't changed so much that he couldn't do something off those two anymore. I thought most BLS fans considered those two albums their best? The continued ignoring of those albums is a mystery to me:confused: