Always The Pretenders
Start From The Dark
Superstitious
-------------------
Doghouse
The Final Countdown

The Ghost at Number One
02-19-2011, 05:49 PM
I know they're promoting the latest album, but that's a little too much of it for my taste. I'm dying for them to come back to the U.S., though.

How was the sound?

ravenheart
02-20-2011, 02:59 AM
I know they're promoting the latest album, but that's a little too much of it for my taste. I'm dying for them to come back to the U.S., though.

How was the sound?

Given how much better the last three albums have been compared to the old stuff, I'm happy with having that much new stuff.

Plus, it was filmed for their next live DVD, so it stands to reason that they'd want the DVD of the Last Look At Eden tour to have a decent number of Last Look At Eden songs on it.

I didn't realise, but it turns out this is the same set they were playing on their South American tour at the end of 2010.

Sound was great. It usually is at that venue.

The Ghost at Number One
02-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Start From the Dark, and especially Secret Society, but I felt Last Look at Eden, for the most part, was half-hearted at best.

wroed
02-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Great show by Europe as usual

Andy, the missing Voodoo Johnson song was Feel Karma

ravenheart
02-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Start From the Dark, and especially Secret Society, but I felt Last Look at Eden, for the most part, was half-hearted at best.

I think you're the only one who does ;) Most Europe fans haven't heard any of them because they think the music industry stopped in 1991, but the ones who have seem to be ranking them Eden, Dark, Society in that order. I'd personally switch Dark and Eden, but still.

Either way, this is the last part of the Last Look At Eden tour, and the recording of the DVD for that tour, so I have no complaints.

Next time they tour it will be with a new album, which they're recording in October. 'Doghouse' will be on it (it sounds like a Queen rocker, before you ask).

Cheers Dave. I think Voodoo Johnson sound MUCH better having nicked Vallenbrosa's singer ;) I liked Kev Bayliss, but he was a bit too soft. They're benefiting from playing heavier and groovier (although I don't think much of the song they wrote with Brian Tatler).

The Ghost at Number One
02-20-2011, 11:10 AM
I think you're the only one who does ;) Most Europe fans haven't heard any of them because they think the music industry stopped in 1991, but the ones who have seem to be ranking them Eden, Dark, Society in that order. I'd personally switch Dark and Eden, but still.
Secret Society is the least favorite? That's odd to me. I love every single song on that album. Can't say that for the other two.

Either way, I just want to see them live again! I got to see them on the Out of This World tour, but haven't seen them since. A bit overdue, I'd say.

ravenheart
02-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Of the three it's the softest, which is why I don't like it so much. Can't speak for everyone else, but no one seems to be begging for songs from it to be in the set.

Seeing as they've now been back together for seven years, I'd say yeah, you're definitely due a tour!

wroed
02-21-2011, 12:21 AM
but the ones who have seem to be ranking them Eden, Dark, Society in that order. I'd personally switch Dark and Eden, but still.

Yes, I'm an Eden, Dark, Society orderer!

I wouldn't have minded if they'd played even more from Eden. Overall I've little to complain with the set though. I missed Seven Doors Hotel but appreciate that they wanted to change the song list from the last DVD.

'Doghouse' will be on it (it sounds like a Queen rocker, before you ask).

Funnily enough I wrote down "Brian May riff"

Cheers Dave. I think Voodoo Johnson sound MUCH better having nicked Vallenbrosa's singer ;) I liked Kev Bayliss, but he was a bit too soft. They're benefiting from playing heavier and groovier (although I don't think much of the song they wrote with Brian Tatler).

I never saw them with Kev Bayliss but have the album and the change does make a difference. They came over quite grungey I thought, which was quite ironic given what grunge did to melodic rock. Nik Taylor-Stoakes talking voice amused us though. Not what you expect with his rich singing voice! Agree regards the Tatler song.