PDA

View Full Version : As I Lay Dying -- Lansing, MI -- February 18th, 2011

kevindeets
02-19-2011, 11:26 AM
This is from their headlining tour w/ After the Burial and Winds of Plague. Setlist:

94 Hours
An Ocean Between Us
Upside Down Kingdom
Within Destruction
The Sound of Truth
Parallels
Anodyne Sea
Condemned
Through Struggle
Nothing Left
Confined

The_jman
02-19-2011, 12:23 PM
seems kinda short?

MPF
02-19-2011, 12:26 PM
That is really short. When I saw AILD 3 years ago it was 14 songs.

Travis The Dragon
02-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Great to see more stuff from the new album!

ChildrenofSodom
02-19-2011, 01:53 PM
That is short. I'm heading out for this show in a few hours. I haven't listened to the new album much, but I like Parallels and I like all the older songs. Should be a fun time.

jd091
02-19-2011, 03:19 PM
That is short. I'm heading out for this show in a few hours. I haven't listened to the new album much, but I like Parallels and I like all the older songs. Should be a fun time.

Post a review! And I'd like to see what After the Burial is playing for this tour. Too bad its not coming anywhere by me; I have YET to see ATB. They should be above winds of plague on the bill!

ChildrenofSodom
02-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Post a review! And I'd like to see what After the Burial is playing for this tour. Too bad its not coming anywhere by me; I have YET to see ATB. They should be above winds of plague on the bill!

The show was really good. It was the same setlist, so I don't know if I'll post a new thread.

I didn't get the ATB or Winds of Plague sets, and I thought they were both just awful. Shitty squat punching and karate kicks galore.

jd091
02-19-2011, 08:34 PM
The show was really good. It was the same setlist, so I don't know if I'll post a new thread.

I didn't get the ATB or Winds of Plague sets, and I thought they were both just awful. Shitty squat punching and karate kicks galore.
Fair enough! ATB isn't for everyone; maybe if you listen to Pi it could change your mind. It's tough when your first impression of a band is on the crowd rather than the music. To each his own, I guess.

ChildrenofSodom
02-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Fair enough! ATB isn't for everyone; maybe if you listen to Pi it could change your mind. It's tough when your first impression of a band is on the crowd rather than the music. To each his own, I guess.

No, the crowd didn't ruin the band for me. The music did. It was all breakdowns and "I'm a tough guy" music. Pure chugga chugga with no intelligence in the guitar work. Definitely not for me. At least Winds of Plague had solos and keyboards.

jd091
02-19-2011, 09:27 PM
No, the crowd didn't ruin the band for me. The music did. It was all breakdowns and "I'm a tough guy" music. Pure chugga chugga with no intelligence in the guitar work. Definitely not for me. At least Winds of Plague had solos and keyboards.

Listen to Berzerker, then tell me it's all no intelligence in the guitar work and pure chuggah chuggah. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIoI7OOWg9E

bobbie solo
02-20-2011, 02:39 PM
yeah i feel like ATB has progressed over time. not as basic as they used to be. theyre not meshuggah, but theyre more complex than in the past.

ChildrenofSodom
02-20-2011, 05:49 PM
I guess they didn't play that song last night, because all I heard was breakdowns.