PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with BLOGS on this site?

jd091
02-15-2011, 11:47 PM
So I've been a member of this website for about 10 months now, and I've noticed that there is this whole feature to post blogs, and "Asshole Opinions", and the feature is never used. By anyone.

From what I see, Mankvill was the only one running a real blog, and his last entry was more that 2 years ago. Why don't people use this feature? Did something happen in the past, or did the fad never really catch on? Sometimes I've debated keeping a blog, posting what I currently feel about metal and the music scene in general, but if no one reads 'em, whats the point?

So if someone who knows their shit, preferably someone who tried to make a blog before (*cough* MANKS *cough*) could answer my question, I would feel nice and fuzzy inside. :cool:

mankvill
02-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Haha, yeah! I actually took my Asshole Opinion posts and made an actual blog. Thought I doubt you'd want to follow it, because it mainly concerns Kansas City-area metal happenings. :cool:

ravenheart
02-16-2011, 01:43 AM
The thing with blogs, generally, is that no one cares what some random individual thinks. A specific individual whose opinion people are interested in, yes. A blog which provides information about a topic, rather than personal thoughts and feelings, yes.

That and there are so many already, new ones struggle and most of them just end up re-posting information from other places instead of offering anything new or even relevant.

Wizzbang11
02-16-2011, 12:16 PM
I remember browsing through them when I first came here and I don't think many have been added since.
Cameron has a pretty good one, Brad might too, Jackson's is just a bunch of Metallica/Kansas stuff.

combustion07
04-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I've got an actual blog. I guess I could copy and paste the posts onto my profile here but I'm probably too lazy to.