View Full Version : Deicide -- Atlanta, GA -- February 15th, 2011

coltongsmith
02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
City: Atlanta
State: Georgia
Venue: Masquerade
Date: February 15, 2010
Tour: God is Dead - To Hell With God

No Belphegor :mad: due to their visas being denied. They won't be on the tour until the Chicago Date

Pathology

Symptoms of Bleeding
Among Giants
Code Injection
Age of Onset
Afterlife
Legacy of the Ancient
Collapsing in Violence
Saturn Brotherhood

Neuraxis (incomplete)

Savior and Destroyer
Asylum
Left to Devour

Blackguard

The Sword
Firefight
Farewell
Fear of all Flesh
Allegiance
This Round's On Me

Deicide

Homage for Satan
Dead by Dawn
Once Upon the Cross
Scars of the Crucifix
When Satan Rules His World
Serpents of the Light
Hang In Agony Until You Are Dead
Conviction
They Are the Children of the Underworld
Death to Jesus
Dead but Dreaming
Witness of Death
Desecration
Into the Darkness You Go
How Can You Call Yourself A God
Kill the Christian
Sacrificial Suicide
Lunatic of God's Creation

christopher
02-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Sucks about Belphegor, looks like a great Deicide set except they need to take out Conviction and replace it with Angels in Hell

Polock91
02-15-2011, 11:55 PM
wow. I haven't heard the new record yet, but when they came to the Donkey back in 2009, their setlist was a little more varied. NO LUNATIC OF GOD'S CREATION? I kind of figured that to be a staple for their set.......... oh well.

I'm still psyched to see them again, even though the only songs they're playing on this tour that they didn't in the aforementioned set are all new songs.

No Belphegor is a total letdown, though. If my friend's band wasn't opening the show, I'd just show up for Deicide.

Polock91
02-16-2011, 12:04 AM
also... NOTHING FROM SERPENTS OF THE LIGHT? wtf guys....

Epidemic Reign
02-16-2011, 12:19 AM
I will be pleased if this is Deicide's set when they come to Phoenix.

AnglOvDeth
02-16-2011, 01:55 AM
I will be pleased if this is Deicide's set when they come to Phoenix.

+1 :horns:

coltongsmith
02-16-2011, 03:40 AM
also... NOTHING FROM SERPENTS OF THE LIGHT? wtf guys....

NO LUNATIC OF GOD'S CREATION? .

i added Serpents and Lunatic
i forgot in my tired state to add them.

AnataFan4Life
02-16-2011, 04:56 AM
So did Deicide get an extended set in Belphegor's absence?

coltongsmith
02-16-2011, 05:31 AM
So did Deicide get an extended set in Belphegor's absence?

not sure. the show ended at 11:30 when most shows don't end till after 12. it seems that the set was same regardless of Belphegor presence.

AnataFan4Life
02-16-2011, 05:34 AM
Ah, ok. Do you know what time Neuraxis started? I'm probably gonna show up late for my date.

sfusyron
02-16-2011, 06:34 AM
+2

larvtard
02-16-2011, 06:35 AM
not sure. the show ended at 11:30 when most shows don't end till after 12.

Really??? :eek: godammit!!! :mad: I was sure that Deicide probably wouldn't start until 11:30. I found out earlier in the day that Belphegor cancelled, but damn... My work shift ended at 9, I probably could've convinced my parents to let me go right after.

Haven't listened to that much Deicide but that looks like a good set. I just streamed the new record and the best songs from it are the ones they played, so that's good I suppose.

Sepultura69
02-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Deicide

Homage for Satan
Dead by Dawn
Once Upon the Cross
Scars of the Crucifix
When Satan Rules His World
Serpents of the Light
Hang In Agony Until You Are Dead
Conviction
They Are the Children of the Underworld
Death to Jesus
Dead but Dreaming
Witness of Death
Desecration
Into the Darkness You Go
How Can You Call Yourself A God
Kill the Christian
Sacrificial Suicide
Lunatic of God's Creation

:rocker:

HackedUpForBBQ
02-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Killer Deicide set! Can't wait for Saturday in Rochester...... I haven't seen Deicide live since the Stench of Redemption tour in '06

coltongsmith
02-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Ah, ok. Do you know what time Neuraxis started? I'm probably gonna show up late for my date.

they started around 9 or 9:15

Sepultura69
02-16-2011, 10:38 AM
How did Glen sound? Top Notch?? Did he interact a lot with the crowd in between songs? I'm surprised the band actually showed up and did the gig, especially since Deicide is notorious for canceling shows and gigs in the past.

*knocks on wood just in case they decide to bail out on the L.A date*
:bouville:

coltongsmith
02-16-2011, 04:11 PM
How did Glen sound? Top Notch?? Did he interact a lot with the crowd in between songs? I'm surprised the band actually showed up and did the gig, especially since Deicide is notorious for canceling shows and gigs in the past.

*knocks on wood just in case they decide to bail out on the L.A date*
:bouville:

he sounded pretty good screams and all. almost no interaction with the crowd. barely talked, but at least they showed up so that's something

stevepwn
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
no belphegor just ruined my night.. i bought tickets so i'm definitely:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: going to go but are you serious?

GameFreac
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Got stuck studying for a test in Tennessee so I missed this. :(

hellawaits77ny
02-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Very nice Deicide set! Even more excited to see them next week now.

scrunt
02-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Am I on crack or is Ralph Santolla back in Deicide? It looks like he's credited on the new album instead of Kevin as well. I must have been sleeping all last year.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=148

coltongsmith
02-17-2011, 05:53 AM
Am I on crack or is Ralph Santolla back in Deicide? It looks like he's credited on the new album instead of Kevin as well. I must have been sleeping all last year.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=148

he joined back recently. kevin was playing last year while Ralph was in Obituary. but it's Ralph and Jack back on guitar. Kevin is a roadie for the band as of right now.

the deathmetaler
02-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Their setlist on this tour is great. My only complaint is that they should take out Conviction and Desecration and replace them with Oblivious To Evil and Deicide. Other than that...that set is awesome. Can't wait to see them this Sunday!!!

Butcher of Birth
02-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Nice that Blackguard has put Firefight into the set, other than that it's a standard set which is good enough for me.

coltongsmith
02-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Nice that Blackguard has put Firefight into the set, other than that it's a standard set which is good enough for me.

yeh their new songs are much better than their other stuff (which i love)

stevepwn
02-19-2011, 05:34 AM
i talked to ralph last night and my sister brought up that shes a catholic and he said he was too.

AnataFan4Life
02-19-2011, 05:43 AM
I went to this on Thursday. Other than Belphegor cancelling :flame:, it was a good show.

the deathmetaler
02-19-2011, 06:47 AM
How have the crowds reacted to Deicide? I'm sure alot of moshing. Hopefully on Sunday people will tear each other up during Deicide.

coltongsmith
02-19-2011, 07:46 AM
How have the crowds reacted to Deicide? I'm sure alot of moshing. Hopefully on Sunday people will tear each other up during Deicide.

in ATL the crowd went fuckin nuts for deicide

the deathmetaler
02-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Awesome. Hopefully the crowd at my show will be the same way.

hellawaits77ny
02-20-2011, 12:00 AM
i talked to ralph last night and my sister brought up that shes a catholic and he said he was too.

Yeah, it's a well known fact he is. Don't think it matters.

If I recall correctly, Glen has come out and admitted he isn't into Satanism anymore, he is just against religion. LOL, kinda makes him look like an idiot since he has an inverted cross branded into his forehead, but you live and learn I guess.

treghet
02-20-2011, 12:04 AM
LOL, kinda makes him look like an idiot since he has an inverted cross branded into his forehead, but you live and learn I guess.

Having an inverted cross on his forehead didn't make him look like an idiot in the first place? :tongue:

hellawaits77ny
02-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Having an inverted cross on his forehead didn't make him look like an idiot in the first place? :tongue:

It definately did! I just meant to an even greater extent now :D

greenReaper
02-20-2011, 05:15 PM

Yea haha I was one of the drunk assholes ensuring the pit stayed alive! :horns:

stevepwn
02-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah, it's a well known fact he is. Don't think it matters.

If I recall correctly, Glen has come out and admitted he isn't into Satanism anymore, he is just against religion. LOL, kinda makes him look like an idiot since he has an inverted cross branded into his forehead, but you live and learn I guess.

yea we also asked him about glen and he told us glen isn't a satanist.\

also to who asked: the pits were insane