PDA

View Full Version : Vektor -- Simi Valley, CA -- February 12th, 2011

rjturtle9
02-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Technically, it was the 13th ince they started a little passed midnight but who cares.

This was an all day thrash festival in the middle of nowhere. Pretty cool venue though, but security were assholes. The place had two stages set up. When one band finished, the other went on, like mayhemfest second stages.

So, Vektor were late because their van broke down in Indio, three hours away from this venue. When they did arrive, they only had their instruments, no amps or effects, so they were restricted with the set they would play. Even though all these events, they still put on a godly performance. Sucks cause you could tell that they were really having a bad day, but all in all, they still put on an amazing performance. New songs sounded great too.

Vektor

Hunger for Violence
Asteroid
Dark Creations, Dead Creators
Fast Paced Society (Older song they redid for the new upcoming album)
Black Future
Echoless Chambers (I think that was the name)
Deoxyribonucleic Acid
Oblivion

Exmortus and Witchaven also played and put on great performances. one thing I should mention is that I saw four walls of death this night, and I showed up 6 hours late. I guess the wall of death is the new big thing in thrash, sadly.

Oh, and sorry to bitch and complain, but this was proof that thrash is a new trend amongst kids. I've never seen so many middle school kids at a show before, all in tight clothing and white high tops.

mankvill
02-14-2011, 04:40 PM
FIX DAT TITLE

Watched a bit of Exmortus on the live stream but I got sick :c

Fantastic Vektor set, though. Wanna hear them new songs!

Wizzbang11
02-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Oh, and sorry to bitch and complain, but this was proof that thrash is a new trend amongst kids. I've never seen so many middle school kids at a show before, all in tight clothing and white high tops.

Yeah dude, sadly it's been that way for a year or two now.

slapguitarer
02-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Not the best set, but I'm still fucking pissed I missed the stream.

larvtard
02-14-2011, 06:39 PM

I was watching part of the stream and I saw a bunch of 15 year-olds, too. And they didn't even look metal in the slightest, not even a black t-shirt.

Vektor played every single one of my favorite songs from Black Future too! :party: How did the new songs stack up, though? Could you detect a stylistic change in direction, or is it pretty much the same?

rjturtle9
02-14-2011, 08:06 PM
I was watching part of the stream and I saw a bunch of 15 year-olds, too. And they didn't even look metal in the slightest, not even a black t-shirt.

Vektor played every single one of my favorite songs from Black Future too! :party: How did the new songs stack up, though? Could you detect a stylistic change in direction, or is it pretty much the same?

I can't really comment on the new song cause they didn't have their effects so they had to change the new songs a bit. Take out parts and such. Sounded good to me though, not really too much of a change. We will have to wait and see.

And @Manks: WTF is wrong with the title?!

mankvill
02-14-2011, 08:25 PM
I can't really comment on the new song cause they didn't have their effects so they had to change the new songs a bit. Take out parts and such. Sounded good to me though, not really too much of a change. We will have to wait and see.

And @Manks: WTF is wrong with the title?!

You didn't put the state you n000000b

elturtleboy
02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
its obviously CA cause we have the best shows manky. *COUGH* scion fest *COUGH*

rjturtle9
02-14-2011, 11:04 PM
You didn't put the state you n000000b

Fuck my bad. Don't be mad cause you weren't there bro.

GameFreac
02-15-2011, 01:41 PM
And they didn't even look metal in the slightest, not even a black t-shirt.

:tp:

BrutalN00dle
02-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Fuck I want to see Vektor again.

christopher
02-18-2011, 01:19 AM
God damnit! I barely decided to download Black Future. This shit is fucking sick. Of course I would do this a few days after they play near me. How often do they play out here? I need to to see them now

rjturtle9
02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
God damnit! I barely decided to download Black Future. This shit is fucking sick. Of course I would do this a few days after they play near me. How often do they play out here? I need to to see them now

Pretty often, but not often enough!

christopher
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Pretty often, but not often enough!

Oh nice, I'll be at the next one for sure. Are you going to Ceremony tonight?

larvtard
02-18-2011, 03:49 PM

man you've been missing out! Within a couple months, Black Future has not only become my favorite album of the entire decade, I'm seriously considering now that it may be my favorite album of all time.
Oh yeah, and they're the best live band I've ever heard. :cool:

elturtleboy
02-18-2011, 10:39 PM

AWWW not you too!

rjturtle9
02-19-2011, 11:15 AM
AWWW not you too!

Vektor haters, leave now, or DIE!

elturtleboy
02-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Vektor haters, leave now, or DIE!

im not a hater,theyre good but not THAT good.

Ceremony>Vektor