PDA

View Full Version : RUMOUR: Ripper and the Dio band?

ravenheart
02-14-2011, 08:03 AM
According to Joe Siegler from Black-Sabbath.com, TIM "RIPPER" OWENS (HAIL!, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, BEYOND FEAR, ex-JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH) will be singing in place of RONNIE JAMES DIO (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) on some unreleased Dio material the Dio band is going to be recording. Apparently bassist Rudy Sarzo and guitarist Craig Goldy were given permission by Wendy Dio to go through Ronnie's computer looking for music they can record.

Derelict
02-14-2011, 08:06 AM
That's strange...Ripper piggybacking on someone else's name/success. Guess there's a first time for everything.

IrritatedTrout
02-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Used to be a fan of his voice but not really anymore. I'd rather them not release Dio music without Dio.

Sanitarium78
02-14-2011, 08:14 AM
That's strange...Ripper piggybacking on someone else's name/success. Guess there's a first time for everything.

:lol:

Post of the week!!

They should've gotten Jorn to record the songs. Ripper's a good singer but if the songs were meant to be recorded with Ronnie they should at least get someone who can sing simliar to him.

Maiden33
02-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Completely unnecessary and disrespectful. This is just another reason why I've lost a shit-ton of respect for Wendy Dio since RJD's passing.

Also, if they insist on doing this, why Ripper?

ravenheart
02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Ripper will always be one of my favourite singers, but he's the wrong guy for this.

And yeah, this is nearly as bad as Vinnie mashing fragments of unreleased Dime solos together for that Nickelback song.

I think they should release any nearly-completed songs Ronnie had recorded on a compilation with the various Japanese bonus tracks and b-sides that remain unreleased everywhere else then stick to releasing any of the top-drawer live recordings they have that we don't.

Indestructible
02-14-2011, 05:04 PM
And yeah, this is nearly as bad as Vinnie mashing fragments of unreleased Dime solos together for that Nickelback song.

When did that happen?

I could understand if the rest of the band wants to continue to do music, but they should start a new band and write new songs with the ripper.

Div
02-14-2011, 05:06 PM
i just dont even know what to say about this. i want to make a joke about it, but jokes have to be funny and theres just nothing funny about this...

treghet
02-14-2011, 05:07 PM
This is just wrong.

Indestructible
02-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Aren't there any unreleased songs with Dio that were recorded for the new album, they can release that.

ravenheart
02-15-2011, 01:53 AM
When did that happen?

I could understand if the rest of the band wants to continue to do music, but they should start a new band and write new songs with the ripper.

On the 'All The Right Reasons' album. The song 'Side of A Bullet' was written for Dime. The guitar solo on that track was hacked together by Vinnie from a load of unreleased Dime guitar solo snippets into an "unreleased solo".