PDA

View Full Version : No Black Sabbath Reunion :(

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-12-2011, 11:41 AM
http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/02/black-sabbath-bassist-confirms-there.html

At least not with the 4 original members :finger2:

daimonos
02-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Honestly that's completely what I expected to happen. I feel like Ozzy was just talking out of his ass.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
The old guard of metal is disappearing.

Dio is gone.
Judas Priest are going to be semi retiring
The original Black Sabbath will be no more.
Ozzy misses 1/4 of all concert dates

How much longer can Motorhead, Iron Maiden, etc hang around?

Griphook
02-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Lemmy will go on until he dies. When he dies it will probaly be onstage while playing Killed By Death.

And the only Black Sabbath reunion I would be interested in is if they would get Tony Martin back.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-12-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd rather see the rest of Heaven and Hell touring with Jorn Lande on vocals than a Sabbath reunion.

Sepultura69
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Lemmy will go on until he dies. When he dies it will probaly be onstage while playing Killed By Death.

:lol:

Sanitarium78
02-12-2011, 12:28 PM

Dio is gone.

I know everyone gets older and once the body starts breaking down due to that there isn't much you can do to stop it. But I think Maiden is still gonna be around for ahwile longer since they're in the best physical shape i've seen of all the old school metal bands, especially Bruce and Steve. As long as those two can still run around the stage like mainiacs then Maiden will continue to keep going.

Also, I see that Geezer said their wouldn't be an original four reunion but he didn't say anything about the possibility of Vinne Appice playing drums instead of Ward:hmm:

JRA
02-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I realize Bill isn't in the best of shape right now, but I would rather Black Sabbath never take the stage again that have fucking Appice and his obnoxious drumkit and his obnoxious drum solos. Fuck him.

TonyD
02-12-2011, 12:54 PM

More brutal than spontaneous combustion

I'm hoping he only means there are no plans for the near future (so he's just shooting down rumors), but the biggest rift would probably be between Ozzy and the rest of the band, and he's closer to Geezer than anyone else. If they only did one or two more shows, Zeppelin style, I would go anywhere in the world to make it.

Travis The Dragon
02-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Dio is gone.

And Scorpions doing a farewell tour too. :(

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-12-2011, 01:38 PM
In recent interviews all 4 members were open to doing it. They were talking about to each other about it from what I was told. I bet Sharon ruined. Probably some stipulation of not mentioning Dio or H&H or something like that.

elturtleboy
02-12-2011, 02:09 PM
:bawling:

HackedUpForBBQ
02-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Ugh, terrible news. I'm glad I was lucky enough to see Sabbath at Ozzfest '05 but one time just isn't enough

ravenheart
02-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Actually I've read nothing from Bill Ward about him wanting to do it. Tony yes, Ozzy yes. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if it were Bill that's fucked it up. He almost did it to H&H before they got Vinny.

At least we know H&H will continue with a new singer and new name. Would be happy with Jorn, but I'd rather they got someone who sounded a little different. And not Glenn Hughes, great as he was at the Dio Tribute show.

Maiden33
02-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I'd rather see the rest of Heaven and Hell touring with Jorn Lande on vocals than a Sabbath reunion.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

snowdog2112
02-12-2011, 05:53 PM
And Scorpions doing a farewell tour too. :(

Scorpions farewell tour should have been when Unbreakable came out