PDA

View Full Version : Whitechapel -- Knoxville, TN -- February 10th, 2011

pharmD_metalhead
02-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I was super pumped about this concert going in. This was probably the most brutal concert I've been to. Got to the Valarium around 5:00 but I didn't get in line until 5:45 because it was cold as fuck. Doors opened at 6. I Declare War was supposed to start at 6:30 but they apparently couldn't make it to Knoxville because of the snow or some bullshit like that. So, that freed up some more bar time for me :D.

- Chelsea Grin came on stage around 7. I wasn't very excited to see these guys but they put on a decent show. They played 5 songs. I had heard most of the songs but I couldn't tell you the names. I know the 3rd song was called My Damnation off their upcoming album. They actually sounded pretty good, but I'm just not a huge fan of their vocals.

- Veil of Maya was up next. I've been dying to see these guys live for a while. And they did not disappoint. They really got the crowd going for the rest of the night. The guitarist and singer crowd surfed during the last song, which was awesome. Their set was pretty much perfect. Really clean. Good song selection as well, with a good mix from their last two albums.

Martyrs
Crawl Back
Unbreakable
Dark Passenger
Pillars
We Bow in it's Aura
Namaste
It's Not Safe to Swim Today :rocker:

- The Acacia Strain was next. I've enjoyed this band more and more with each new album, and they're one of my favorite bands. Needless to say I was stoked for this set. I'm pretty sure that DL did not play with the band. I was on the balcony toward the back of the club, so maybe my eyesight is shitty. But DL should be pretty recognizable so I'm almost certain he was not on stage. This was a little disappointing but it was a great set regardless. Vincent is great on stage and I'm pretty sure he flipped off god at one point. Very clean set. Good song selection with a mix of new and old songs.

Beast
The Hills Have Eyes
Whoa! Shut It Down
See You Next Tuesday (pretty sure)
Ramirez
Dr. Doom
Bay of Pigs
Jonestown
JFC

- Whitechapel. These guys are from Knoxville, so I knew this was going to be a killer set. They're definitely my favorite deathcore band. I've read some not so favorable reviews about Whitechapel. I am not saying these reviews are bullshit but I certainly don't share the same thoughts about this performance. I didn't think the guitars sounded "mushy" or anything along those lines. They sounded clean and tight. Good song selection with a lot of songs off their newest album.

Devovler
?song off new album?
Possession
The Darkest Day of Man
Reprogrammed to Hate
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
End of Flesh
Unnerving
Instrumental (not sure of name)
Vicer Exciser
Eternal Refuge
Murder Sermon (no Vincent) :mad:
Single File to Dehumanization
------Encore
instrumental (not sure of name)
This is Exile (Wall of Death) :horns:

This show had to be close to sold out if not sold out. Great crowd the whole night. Not a whole lot of stupid hardcore dancing bullshit, because the security guys were actually in the pits putting a stop to it. Which is cool I guess.

This was an awesome concert and I'm pumped to see it again tomorrow night.

----------------
Chelsea Grin 6/10
Veil of Maya 9.5/10
The Acacia Strain 9/10
Whitechapel 9/10

kommie
02-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Why post this? Deathcore is loathed here, mostly. Veil of Maya was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I hate kids who go to concerts to pretend to fight invisible ninjas to shitty music, and yet at the same time it's really funny watching them fight said invisible ninjas to the 3 billion breakdown's in deathcore band's songs.

MPF
02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Not all Deathcore sucks. I'd say that Veil Of Maya and Whitechapel are the only two Deathcore bands worthy of being listened to.

That said I would never go to a Deathcore show. I see enough of those White Hot Topic Ninjas at the shows I have to play with my bands.

treghet
02-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Nice to see Single File to Dehumanization in the set, but it needs Father of Lies and another from the first album!

pharmD_metalhead
02-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Why post this? Deathcore is loathed here, mostly. Veil of Maya was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I hate kids who go to concerts to pretend to fight invisible ninjas to shitty music, and yet at the same time it's really funny watching them fight said invisible ninjas to the 3 billion breakdown's in deathcore band's songs.

Why post this?
Oh I thought this forum was for posting set lists for metal bands. I guess deathcore doesn't fall under metal. My bad. Maybe you would rather have the setlists for Nickelback or maybe Justin Bieber. I'll work on getting those for you.

Not all deathcore is generic bullshit. This tour has three good examples of good deathcore bands (VoM, TAS, Whitechapel) in my opinion of course. If you don't like deathcore don't read the threads about deathcore bands. It's pretty simple. I fucking hate Megadeth (yeah i know that's probably a cardinal sin on this forum but whatever), but I don't post shit on Megadeth setlists saying how bad they suck. If people like Megadeth that's cool, but I don't. To each their own.

treghet
02-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Also, the second song was probably Breeding Violence. I am willing to be the song before This Is Exile was Legions. The other instrumental could be Death Becomes Him.

pharmD_metalhead
02-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Also, the second song was probably Breeding Violence. I am willing to be the song before This Is Exile was Legions. The other instrumental could be Death Becomes Him.

Yeah that sounds right. I was pretty sure about legions, but I didn't want to post something wrong. Thanks dude.

bobbie solo
02-11-2011, 09:03 PM
megadeath

MPF
02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Why post this?
Oh I thought this forum was for posting set lists for metal bands. I guess deathcore doesn't fall under metal. My bad. Maybe you would rather have the setlists for Nickelback or maybe Justin Bieber. I'll work on getting those for you.

Not all deathcore is generic bullshit. This tour has three good examples of good deathcore bands (VoM, TAS, Whitechapel) in my opinion of course. If you don't like deathcore don't read the threads about deathcore bands. It's pretty simple. I fucking hate Megadeath (yeah i know that's probably a cardinal sin on this forum but whatever), but I don't post shit on Megadeath setlists saying how bad they suck. If people like Megadeath that's cool, but I don't. To each their own.

Yeah MegadeAth pretty much sucks all the way. Same with MeTTallica

But on an almost related topic, you should give Megadeth a chance. Metallica is pretty decent too.

:D

makethemsuffer12
02-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Not all Deathcore sucks. I'd say that Veil Of Maya and Whitechapel are the only two Deathcore bands worthy of being listened to.

You can add All Shall Perish to that list as well.

MPF
02-11-2011, 09:20 PM

Actually I should. They are pretty badass.

NecroRob
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Why post this? Deathcore is loathed here, mostly.

If I'm not mistaken, that means some people here would like this information...right?

So do us a favor and STFU. The whole "deathcore if for fagz" posting in every thread that mentions the genre is getting old.

hellawaits77ny
02-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the review. Yeah, don't sweat people who give you grief for that. There are fans of all kinds of metal here.

I'm not a huge deathcore fan, but I like a few bands. Yes, the stupid dancing the kids do pisses me off, but to each his own. I Declare War + Chelsea Grin are terrible IMO. Some of VOM's new album isn't bad, but I don't like their older stuff. Acacia Strain is OK, and I like Whitechapel, too.

Do you recall approximately what time the show got done? I'm considering hitting the local show, and have to work that night. Wanna know how much coverage I'd need.

Statutory-Mike
02-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I used to hate deathcore for a while, but then I grew up and realized that there is some creative deathcore out there, like VOM, or Painted in Exile, or The Contortionist. Great VOM set btw, wouldn't go to this show because I don't like the other 3 bands, but still.

The one thing that really grinds my gears about deathcore is the bad name it gave hardcore dancing. Hardcore dancing at HARDCORE shows is ridiculously awesome. I don't know how or why people started hardcore dancing at deathcore shows, but I think it's pretty lame and really doesn't fit.

bobbie solo
02-11-2011, 10:39 PM
well said mike. pile-ons, singalongs, two-stepping...its all good stuff in the right setting. certainly makes more sense than the subhuman bro-pushing/senseless running into each other i see between awkward metalheads at some shows. I know those kids dont like karate stuff, but their stuff isnt much better. And if youre at a big show, those pits where all the mongoloids are just running into each other is VERY dangerous.

pharmD_metalhead
02-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the review. Yeah, don't sweat people who give you grief for that. There are fans of all kinds of metal here.

I'm not a huge deathcore fan, but I like a few bands. Yes, the stupid dancing the kids do pisses me off, but to each his own. I Declare War + Chelsea Grin are terrible IMO. Some of VOM's new album isn't bad, but I don't like their older stuff. Acacia Strain is OK, and I like Whitechapel, too.

Do you recall approximately what time the show got done? I'm considering hitting the local show, and have to work that night. Wanna know how much coverage I'd need.

The show ended around 11. Maybe a little after. But that was without I Declare War performing. So it would've been later if they played.

And yes, I realized I spelled Megadeth wrong after I posted that. Don't worry MEGADETH fans I corrected it.

Nick_to_the_face
02-11-2011, 11:10 PM
DAMMIT. I wanna see The Acacia Strain live :bouville:

mankvill
02-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Deathcore sets are more than welcome here.

But don't you dare try and tell me Whitechapel is anything other than some of the worst shit ever.

Nick_to_the_face
02-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Deathcore sets are more than welcome here.

But don't you dare try and tell me Whitechapel is anything other than some of the worst shit ever.

THIS.

jd091
02-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Seriously, you need to shut the fuck up. I for one wanted to see this setlist, and I really like these bands. This is "metalsetlists.com", not "elitistmetalsetlists.com". I don't bash grindcore or black metal, so why would you bash deathcore? You just look like a fool.

Anyway, thanks for posting the setlist. I'm looking forward to this a lot. Definitely an interesting Whitechapel set; I'll try to get the Chicago set up for anyone that's interested.

NickLed19
02-12-2011, 01:53 AM
All deathcore is total shit.

jd091
02-12-2011, 01:55 AM

COOL OPINION BRO

jd091
02-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty pissed at Whitechapel's set. 2 songs of The Somatic Defilement? Really? And only 3 off This is Exile? The new album was by far their weakest.

I'd really, REALLY like to see Devirginary Studies, Ear to Ear, or the Somatic Defilement live. That album is just so perfect in the context of deathcore; all other deathcore bands are just trying to emulate the style that album forged. I want MOAR.

treghet
02-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty pissed at Whitechapel's set. 2 songs of The Somatic Defilement? Really? And only 3 off This is Exile? The new album was by far their weakest.

I'd really, REALLY like to see Devirginary Studies, Ear to Ear, or the Somatic Defilement live. That album is just so perfect in the context of deathcore; all other deathcore bands are just trying to emulate the style that album forged. I want MOAR.

I'm glad someone else shares the same opinion. Personally, I think they should leave out Devirgination Studies and Vicer Exciser, since they have played those a lot recently. I'd rather them bring back Fairy Fay, Festering Fiesta, or Ear to Ear and then have Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation as the encore instead of This Is Exile, as you pointed out they did in the fall.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 05:35 AM
I'm not a fan of deathcore either, but this is a pretty relaxed site. I've seen Aerosmith and AC/DC sets up here and those bands are definetely not metal. By the way, Megadeth rules!

mastodon421
02-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Interesting Whitechapel set, at least they are playing the best tracks of A New Era Of Corruption. Acacia Strain and Veil Of Maya sets are good too. I am still skipping this show due to my hatered of Chelsea Grin and I Declare War, but those are solid sets from the 3 bands that I like on this tour.

kommie
02-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Deathcore is total shit.

coltongsmith
02-12-2011, 08:57 AM

i agree 1000% percent Veil of Maya is monotonous shit and should be removed from the metal scene they disgrace the metal name.

coltongsmith
02-12-2011, 09:04 AM
This was probably the most brutal concert I've been to.

go to a REAL metal show. black metal and death metal bands blow these guys away all the time. i dont care how "brutal" it might have been. your opinion is lacking because of your terrible knowledge of "brutal" music. throw on some goatwhore, cannibal corpse, slayer, and watain and listen to what real metal is.
U Fuck!

treghet
02-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Some of the replies in this topic are pretty laughable.

Statutory-Mike
02-12-2011, 09:11 AM

Deathcore is total shit.

i agree 1000% percent Veil of Maya is monotonous shit and should be removed from the metal scene they disgrace the metal name.

You guys all sound super smart and open minded. :cool:

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 09:21 AM

:D Funny shit guy!! Im with ya Whitechapel is so one of the worst things to happen to Metal. Deathcore is so my least favorite, but i am impressed with Veil of Maya's success. And they are the only band on this bill worthy of respect. As far as Whitechapel goes, they remind me of a the turd that i took this morning. The only thing that is respectable is that they have their own headlining tour and are playing at places like Pops in Sauget and the House of Blues in Chicago. :) Keep it Metal friends

treghet
02-12-2011, 09:32 AM
What the fuck has this forum come to...

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 09:35 AM
What the fuck has this forum come to...

A realization of good music and not horseshit. :party:

treghet
02-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Do you really think that asking somebody to eat their own feces is an insult? Seriously, I'm sick of this childish bullshit. You have made some of the most immature and useless posts on this forum. :tp:

kommie
02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
I just think deathcore is complete shit, like it all you want. To me, it exists simply so kids can go to concerts and pretend to fight invisible ninjas to the music, as isn't that the point of breakdowns? and isn't deathcore nothing but breakdowns?

treghet
02-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Care???????? Nah! Just keeping it real. Sorry i cant know everything about Heavy Metal, like you. This is a site for people to speak their minds! You dont like it, go to a Whitechapel fansite. Ive seen Whitechapel live and heard their albums. I dont like them. In my opinion that music is stupid. It sound like he is jacking off with a cheese grater, while he is "singing." Instruments are ok, i guess. Like i said Veil of Maya has my repect all of the others do not tho. :)

I wasn't talking about your opinion on Whitechapel. I was pointing out your immature comeback.

On the topic of Whitechapel though, if you really think that you're open minded, you might want to re-evaluate that. Open minded doesn't mean just trying something new. It also means you are able to accept the opinions and views of other people whether or not you agree with them. Maybe you think Whitechapel is shit, but if someone else likes them, don't you think they have a reason for that? Obviously there is something about the band that appeals to them, but not to you. Maybe other people don't care for great musicianship and how innovative a band can be. Sometimes people appreciate simpler music, even if it has been done many times before, or isn't all that imaginative. We all enjoy different styles and genres and you should be able to respect that.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 10:08 AM
I wasn't talking about your opinion on Whitechapel. I was pointing out your immature comeback.

On the topic of Whitechapel though, if you really think that you're open minded, you might want to re-evaluate that. Open minded doesn't mean just trying something new. It also means you are able to accept the opinions and views of other people whether or not you agree with them. Maybe you think Whitechapel is shit, but if someone else likes them, don't you think they have a reason for that? Obviously there is something about the band that appeals to them, but not to you. Maybe other people don't care of great musicianship and how innovative a band can be. Sometimes people appreciate simpler music, even if it has been done many times before, or isn't all that imaginative. We all enjoy different styles and genres and you should be able to respect that.

Im happy that you and others like Whitechapel, I simply do not. They have achieved great success. That is inevitable. It is just not my scene and you should respect that. I do not like the style, and i love heavier music. All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Children of Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, etc... For me, it is hard to find a good band in the Deathcore scene. I was simply agreeing with someone with the same view as me on this subject. :bliss:

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do." -Jesus Christ :)

jd091
02-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm preparing an intelligent response to all this tomfoolery. Stay tuned, treghet...

:cool:

MPF
02-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Coming up next on CBS, Julia Louis-Dreyfus in, Now It's Just Getting Sad.

Statutory-Mike
02-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Open Minded? I feel like all of these guys are like me and have listened to Whitechapel and the Deathcore scene and not liked a single bit of it. So, if i said the next time that you take a poop, get a fork and knife and eat it, and try to be open minded, you would do it? :confused:

There's at least a small bit of difference between feces and music.

And for the record, I've also listened to Whitechapel and don't like them. But, like treghet said, being open minded also means being accepting of other people's opinions.

There's a difference between saying a band sucks and politley saying you aren't into a band. For instance, if I would've went to this show I would've only went to see VOM. Instead of saying 'Whitechapel sucks, burn in hell for liking them', I would've said something along the lines of 'I would go to this for VOM, not a big fan of Whitechapel, probably would've left before they went on.'

Am I being irrational here? :confused:

Statutory-Mike
02-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I just think deathcore is complete shit, like it all you want. To me, it exists simply so kids can go to concerts and pretend to fight invisible ninjas to the music, as isn't that the point of breakdowns? and isn't deathcore nothing but breakdowns?

No, it's not. Ever listen to anything like Painted in Exile, or The Contortionist?

And, hardcore dancing didn't orginate within deathcore. Breakdowns in deathcore were not initially written in mind of hardcore dancing, it's just become a part of the scene.

jd091
02-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Ok, here it goes. I can't keep silent any longer.

I'm going to preface this post with an important quote from hot_turkey_ed in "The Law -- Fuck With It At Your Own Peril" thread:

You're all reasonably free to express your opinions, but mindless 'bashing' will not be tolerated. If you're unhappy about something, at least moan constructively.

So that's one of the only laws here. Easy enough to understand...

Wait, what? Why post this? Because deathcore is a subgenre of metal, and this is metalsetlists.com. Why NOT post it? And saying "Deathcore is loathed here mostly" is incredibly arrogant. There's plenty of people here, me included, who like it and are attending this concert and want to see the setlists because, fuck, thats the whole purpose of this site. But kommie isn't done...

Ok, bro, you don't like deathcore. Cool beans. You don't need to troll us on that fact. And no, deathcore is not ALL breakdowns; listen to some All Shall Perish and tell me they don't have some of the best solos out there today in metal.

Deathcore is total shit.

...and if we didn't get the clue that kommie here doesn't like deathcore, he has to be a pretentious dick and just rub it in. I'm pretty sure this is falling under the 'mindless' bashing hot_turkey_ed was trying to avoid with us.

How many mindlessly bashing people can be on this site?

Apparently one more.

Scratch that, make it 2 more.

go to a REAL metal show. black metal and death metal bands blow these guys away all the time. i dont care how "brutal" it might have been. your opinion is lacking because of your terrible knowledge of "brutal" music. throw on some goatwhore, cannibal corpse, slayer, and watain and listen to what real metal is.
U Fuck!

Well fuck me blind, 3 more! Though coltongsmith pushes me over the edge here. Personally, nothing is going to come close to the sheer brutality and utter monstrosity that is Nile live; I can't picture music getting heavier than that. That being said, who in the fuck are you to judge what other people judge as heavy? So pretentious. Thats mindless bashing if I've ever seen it.

And now comes our little Trollic friend, ratcat90. Oh boy, oh boy...
:D Funny shit guy!! Im with ya Whitechapel is so one of the worst things to happen to Metal. Deathcore is so my least favorite, but i am impressed with Veil of Maya's success. And they are the only band on this bill worthy of respect. As far as Whitechapel goes, they remind me of a the turd that i took this morning. The only thing that is respectable is that they have their own headlining tour and are playing at places like Pops in Sauget and the House of Blues in Chicago. :) Keep it Metal friends

First of all, I'm pretty sure there's a rule here that we want everybody over the age of 13. Based on the hideous display of grammar I just read, I'm feeling you are 12 at the oldest. You don't like Whitechapel. Go make a thread on it. I get on this thread because

1.) I'm a fan of Whitechapel
2.) I'm going to see 'em live
3.) I want to get an idea of their setlists.

If I want immature pricks telling me their elitist fucking opinion on music, I'll go to the goddamn Mayhem forums.

Open Minded? I feel like all of these guys are like me and have listened to Whitechapel and the Deathcore scene and not liked a single bit of it. So, if i said the next time that you take a poop, get a fork and knife and eat it, and try to be open minded, you would do it? :confused:
Cool! Then don't comment on this thread!
A realization of good music and not horseshit. :party:
We got a mindless basher #4. Treghet comes to save the day!
Do you really think that asking somebody to eat their own feces is an insult? Seriously, I'm sick of this childish bullshit. You have made some of the most immature and useless posts on this forum. :tp:
Care???????? Nah! Just keeping it real. Sorry i cant know everything about Heavy Metal, like you. This is a site for people to speak their minds! You dont like it, go to a Whitechapel fansite.
True, this is a site for people to speak their minds. Intelligent, smart metal fans. People who respect the music for what it is.

Did you ever consider WHY people who like deathcore post here? Because Whitechapel's site and deathcore sites are full of pretentious dicks. Deathcore assholes. We're all real metal fans here; we love our Slayer and our Iron Maiden and our Opeth. Hell, I'm blasting The Godhead's Lament as I type this. But some of us- unbelievably- also like deathcore. And we want a friendly, mature environment to discuss our likes with other similar metal fans. We want an intelligent metal discourse. That's why I fell in love with this site late last year; there's some of the most mature metal forum posters on any internet site.

What is this site coming to? Is it truly falling from the grace that I thought it represented? Fucking unbelievable. At least we still got some more mature posters like Treghet and even manks coming in to defend the position of our right to post and discuss deathcore. I used to think the hardcore Emmure fans are what made metal look like shit... now I'm seeing a new breed of assholes emerge with some of the posters on this thread.

Anyway, If you've read my wall of text this far, thank you. :party: And please don't ever post a quote from this fictitious figure ever again:

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do." -Jesus Christ :)
:666:

NecroRob
02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Im happy that you and others like Whitechapel, I simply do not. They have achieved great success. That is inevitable.

Wrong word.

AnataFan4Life
02-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Please don't let this board become like the Mayhem Fest boards

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Wrong word.

Um. No. That is exactly what i meant to say!:)
Thanks for trying tho?
You must be an English teacher, huh?:finger:

Addicted2metal
02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm not to fond of Deathcore but I like a couple of bands.
Whitechapel and Winds of Plague.

larvtard
02-12-2011, 02:15 PM
jd091, you are my hero :lovedup::lovedup:
But you forgot to mention me as one of the mature posters :confused:

coltongsmith
02-12-2011, 02:33 PM
to jd091
happy to be the one to push you over the edge
Your Welcome

jd091
02-12-2011, 02:34 PM
jd091, you are my hero :lovedup::lovedup:
But you forgot to mention me as one of the mature posters :confused:

I know there's a bunch; treghet was just one of the guys questiong that kid directly. To you I'll say: You're the man now, Dog!

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
You have to be sodomizing me. You didn't even spell douche correctly.

Um is this a spelling contest. Who gives a shit how to spell a word. You got the point. You think Deathcore and Satan are awesome. You must not be that intelligent. I am really worried about how i spell words over the internet for sure. This aint a fucking college resume or job application. It is a chatroom in case you forgot. :)

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 02:37 PM
I know there's a bunch; treghet was just one of the guys questiong that kid directly. To you I'll say: You're the man now, Dog!

Aw is this true love? :party:

larvtard
02-12-2011, 02:44 PM
You must not be that intelligent

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

I can keep going; someone say the word.

jd091
02-12-2011, 02:51 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

I can keep going; someone say the word.

By all means, keep going. This is more entertaining than small claims court.

mankvill
02-12-2011, 02:59 PM
WOW! You are GAY! You just proved it! Fuck Satan! Hail Jesus Christ our Savior. Satan is a complete bitch. Anyone who believes that Satan is better that the Son of God is a complete doosh! Who clearly didnt get enough love from Daddy as a kid. ;)

Why are you calling people gay and douches in the same post as saying Jesus Christ is your savior? Those aren't Christian values.

And everyone in this thread, chill the fuck out. People can have opinions, and people can express those opinions. But when you start bashing the person, just cut it out.

jd091
02-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Devovler
Breeding Violence
Possession
The Darkest Day of Man
Reprogrammed to Hate
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
End of Flesh
Unnerving
Death Becomes Him
Vicer Exciser
Eternal Refuge
Murder Sermon (no Vincent)
Single File to Dehumanization
------Encore
Of Legions
This is Exile (Wall of Death)

Set fixed. You can change the original post if you want, pharmD_metalhead

kommie
02-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I love all the unnecessarily long responses. You like deathcore, I get it. I don't, and nothing you say will make me like it, and nothing I say will make you hate it, let's agree to disagree.

Feed The Gods
02-12-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm looking forward to this tour very much. I like Whitechapel and I don't care that they are deathcore. I like many different types of metal and honestly, Whitechapel is one of my favorites, even though I don't care much for deathcore music. I just don't see what the big deal is here. Just my opinion, even though it's not worth a dime. When they come to station 4 however, I will be destroying any swinging ninja queers. My warning to all :flame:

Crionics
02-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh man, I'll say it too; I don't know what is happening here, but damn I still love a bunch of you guys.

I already have a ton of respect for Treg and JD, but now I have EVEN MORE respect for you guys :fist:.

I don't care for deathcore, but saying that all deathcore sucks is completely ignorant.

Keefy
02-12-2011, 07:40 PM

I think pharmD_metalhead posted a great review and I also don't recall their being a ban on deathcore here. Some bands are terrible (I personally dislike VOM, love TAS and ASP) as with every single sub genre of metal. So lighten up guys! What makes this site great is all of the diversity among the fans. Being an elitist fan is good. Being an elitest bag of douche is not.

That is all.
Keefy- OUT!:cool:

jd091
02-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Oh man, I'll say it too; I don't know what is happening here, but damn I still love a bunch of you guys.

I already have a ton of respect for Treg and JD, but now I have EVEN MORE respect for you guys :fist:.

I don't care for deathcore, but saying that all deathcore sucks is completely ignorant.

Thanks, I appreciate it man. Keep it metal, that's why we're all here :fist:

I think pharmD_metalhead posted a great review and I also don't recall their being a ban on deathcore here. Some bands are terrible (I personally dislike VOM, love TAS and ASP) as with every single sub genre of metal. So lighten up guys! What makes this site great is all of the diversity among the fans. Being an elitist fan is good. Being an elitest bag of douche is not.

That is all.
Keefy- OUT!:cool:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Keefy. I agree that pharmD wrote a great review, despite what you think of the genre. If you're an elitist fan, just respect the fact that there are people different than you. Still can't wait to see this tour!

idrinkwine732
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Look man, if we all posted "this is shit" when someone posted a set from a band we don't like, this place would be terrible. Be happy it's not that way.

Dissimulate
02-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Don't Whitechapel's headlining sets last only ~45 mins?