PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Moscow, Russia -- February 11th, 2011

maidenpriest
02-11-2011, 10:16 AM
This is being updated via setlist.fm so ill edit it when new updates come in.

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Two Minutes to Midnight
Coming Home
Dance of Death
The Trooper
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
When The Wild Wind Blows
The Evil That Men Do
The Talisman
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-------------------------
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

Derelict
02-11-2011, 10:18 AM
inb4thecrying

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Pretty damn good mix of new and old so far. Coming home is one of my favorites off the new album.

Butcher of Birth
02-11-2011, 10:23 AM
WILD WIND!!! YES!!!!!!!!

maidenpriest
02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
WILD WIND!!! YES!!!!!!!!

im hoping not...

maidenpriest
02-11-2011, 10:27 AM
ugh...

Maiden33
02-11-2011, 10:31 AM
ugh...

x2

If this doesn't get drastically better soon, I may actually completely skip this if/when it comes to America.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 10:34 AM
It's not coming to America besides the two gigs in Florida so you won't have to worry.;) I'm really liking this set so far, a lot of songs from the '10 tour but that's to be expected. My source just said S15 and then El Dorado so I really hope he meant S15/TFF.

Indestructible
02-11-2011, 10:36 AM
What exactly is wrong with this set???
El Dorado,Two Minutes to Midnight,Coming Home,Dance of Death,The Trooper,The Wicker Man,Blood Brothers,When The Wild Wind Blows
I see nothing to complain about.

Maiden33
It's not coming to America besides the two gigs in Florida so you won't have to worry.;) I'm really liking this set so far, a lot of songs from the '10 tour but that's to be expected. My source just said S15 and then El Dorado so I really hope he meant S15/TFF.

Is that official? I mean I know there's no other dates confirmed, but are they actually skipping the country on the album tour completely?

Sanitarium78
I actually like this set so far. Of course, I wasn't expecting them to do anyting that shocking. But at least POM and PS are being represented this time around even if it's the same two songs they always do off them.

For the record, I love When The Wild Wind Blows:D

maidenpriest
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM
What exactly is wrong with this set???
El Dorado,Two Minutes to Midnight,Coming Home,Dance of Death,The Trooper,The Wicker Man,Blood Brothers,When The Wild Wind Blows
I see nothing to complain about.

typical standards, the more lame songs off the new album (especially when the wild wind blows). nice to see dance of death and wicker man kept though

Maiden33
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM
If the 2010 Summer tour would've never happened this would be a great setlist, but being that it did, and I just saw the majority of these songs last summer, many not even for the first time, this is pretty lame. Also, only 4 tracks off the new album?

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Is that official? I mean I know there's no other dates confirmed, but are they actually skipping the country on the album tour completely?

The press releases stress the FF tour ends in England and the head of the fanclub (who is employed by Maiden) has said that Florida is it. It seems 99% confirmed.

IrritatedTrout
The fucking TALISMAN!!!!!!!

I'm happy as a pig in shit, all the songs I was dying to see from the new album (except Starblind but I never expected them to do that one).

Maiden33
The press releases stress the FF tour ends in England and the head of the fanclub (who is employed by Maiden) has said that Florida is it. It seems 99% confirmed.

That's horseshit. I'm really getting sick of the fact that Maiden is becoming too lenient on it's raging fanboys who will gladly spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to fly anywhere to see them.

maidenpriest
02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
even if the set is similar to 2010, ill probably go again. its a Maiden show, coming home will be nice to see. and ive yet to hear the evil that men do live. :(

Sanitarium78
02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Just because they're standards doesn't make them bad selctions to play. I'm happy to see TETMD, even though that's a standard the song still rules.

maidenpriest
02-11-2011, 10:41 AM
The fucking TALISMAN!!!!!!!

I'm happy as a pig in shit, all the songs I was dying to see from the new album (except Starblind but I never expected them to do that one).

where are you seeing updates? obviously you are getting faster then i am lol

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Yep, all good standards so far. It goes without saying that I'd rather see Alexander and Where Eagles Dare than 2MTM or The Trooper but both are great songs despite being overplayed.

http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/24513887.rss

Citatet
02-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Fear of the Dark now

Sanitarium78
02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Nice to see The Talisman make the cut:party:

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
I predict Iron Maiden, Hallowed, RTTH, and NOTB even though I really don't want NOTB in there. I'd love for them to throw something wild into the encore.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Yep, IM now.

Edit: Notb. Bummer, one of the most overplayed songs ever and one of the worst of the "Golden Years".

Maiden33
02-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Edit: Notb. Bummer, one of the most overplayed songs ever and one of the worst of the "Golden Years".

That's DEFINITELY Run to the Hills. NOTB is overplayed as well, but at least it's actually a good song.

Indestructible
02-11-2011, 11:08 AM
typical standards

It's Maiden so that should be expected.

rjturtle9
02-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Idk guys, I'm loving the setlist so far.

ravenheart
02-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Looks great. Hope they keep it for the duration of the tour. This is a good mix of old and new.

Still not as good as the last US tour though.

Maiden33
02-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I should note that I don't have an issue with them playing any of the songs they are playing (except for maybe WTWWB). I'm just upset because honestly there's only 6 songs on TFF I really love, and of those 6, 4 of them are excluded from this set - and that means they're never gonna be played live.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Hallowed now. If they add a rarity to the encore it'll go from very, very good to great. Fingers crossed.

I think my source's phone battery died. Also, according to Setlist.fm Maiden is now playing a song called "AGUANTE ARGENTINA CARAJO".:lol:

Maideneer
02-11-2011, 11:20 AM
"AGUANTE ARGENTINA CARAJO".

That's just some dick screwing with the set. It's off now. Maiden won't even play anything off Killers, they're gonna play a foreign song?

Sanitarium78
02-11-2011, 11:23 AM
I should note that I don't have an issue with them playing any of the songs they are playing (except for maybe WTWWB). I'm just upset because honestly there's only 6 songs on TFF I really love, and of those 6, 4 of them are excluded from this set - and that means they're never gonna be played live.

I'm not surprised Starblind didn't make it. It's a very good song but Bruce does jam a lot of words into that song so it might be hard to pull off live. The only new one i'm disappointed that isn't there is Mother Of Mercy. It's my favorite on TFF and I thought it was a song that would be played.

Other than that like a few others said, it's a good mix of new and old Maiden. The old stuff was placed well inbetween the newer material which is better than how they did it last summer and on the AMOLAD tour.

Indestructible
02-11-2011, 11:23 AM
The only song from the new album I don't care for is the final frontire.
I like BNW,DOD,AMOLAD and TFF as much as 80's Maiden so the set is cool with me.

powerslave_85
02-11-2011, 11:27 AM
The Talisman live would fucking rule :metal:

jd091
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Woah... Iron Maiden's still gonna be around in the 202nd century! :rocker:

Maideneer
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Some dick put in Alexander The Great. My ass, that can't be true.

Maidenmagic
02-11-2011, 11:42 AM
In an interview last year Bruce mentioned the new songs he would like to have performed and they were all the same ones that showed up on this setlist. The older songs are not surprising. The Evil that men do has to go. Why they consider that a classic is beyond me. Not bad but not as iconic as trooper or two minutes. If they have to play something from seventh son they should play Infinite dreams. The Wicker Man is a good song but really only works as an opener. (Although they put it in the middle of the set during the Give Me Ed tour too.) They should play Mother of Mercy or Starblind instead of Dance of Death. I wonder if Satellite 15 translated well live. To be honest I'm glad I went to last year's tour since it had more songs I love more than this one. But the next show is four days away and they have been known to change the set for the second show.

jhdeity
02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Seriously if they end with Running Free this will be the best Maiden setlist EVER! All the best songs off the new cd and nothing anyone has heard before. These guys are the best band at picking setlists I've ever seen.

UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maideneer
02-11-2011, 11:45 AM
These guys are the best band at picking setlists I've ever seen.

You're not drinking are you?

Maidenmagic
02-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Seriously if they end with Running Free this will be the best Maiden setlist EVER! All the best songs off the new cd and nothing anyone has heard before. These guys are the best band at picking setlists I've ever seen.

UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sense sarcasm. Yes, according to another site, they did play Running Free. Well at least they pick better sets than Queensryche.

PowerMaiden
02-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Dissapointed set if you saw the 2010 tour (as Maiden33 mentionned) but still a kick ass show to go see. But I'm happy I didn't spent 800$ bucks for the trip\tickets\hotel for florida. I would go see this anywhere within driving distance but not by plane.The fact that they don't play Starblind is beyond me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
02-11-2011, 11:48 AM
If they can't play Paschendale there's no way they can work up the effort to play Starblind.

rjturtle9
02-11-2011, 11:48 AM
They should always end with Hallowed! I'd rather them play a two song encore then a three song encore with Running Free after HBTN.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 11:49 AM
You're not drinking are you?

No, he just likes being an asshole whenever anyone mentions Maiden.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
According to Setlist.fm they did Running Free and Prowler. If it's true that would be awesome!

Maideneer
02-11-2011, 11:52 AM
People keep screwing with it cause it's a Wiki. You should see what's on there now.

GASTONCAPO666
02-11-2011, 11:52 AM
i think its a pretty good setlist!!! same as last years..almost. ..oh well ...i wanted to see 22 acacia ave...prisoner.. ? infinite dreams? starblind!! ....but i guess we cant get everything we want... :d

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 11:53 AM
People keep screwing with it cause it's a Wiki. You should see what's on there now.

Haha yeah I just looked, how great would that be.:lol:

mankvill
02-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Caught Somewhere in Time
Public Enema Number One
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Stranger in a Strange Land
Wasted Years
No Prayer for the Dying
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Fear of the Dark
Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
The Clairvoyant
Heaven Can Wait
Judas Be My Guide
2 Minutes to Midnight
Iron Maiden

Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Be Quick or be Dead
Sanctuary

Thanks Setlist.FM

DisposableJustice
02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Caught Somewhere in Time
Public Enema Number One
Wasted Years
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
The Clairvoyant
Heaven Can Wait
Judas Be My Guide
2 Minutes to Midnight
Iron Maiden

Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Be Quick or be Dead
Sanctuary

Thanks Setlist.FM

I fucking wish...damn wiki

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Hallowed and Running Free confirmed as the last two songs. No Prowler despite being reported by Blabbermouth.

MetalIsArt
02-11-2011, 12:28 PM

They're scared of Sharon Osbourne.

jhdeity
02-11-2011, 12:30 PM
hahahahahaha. I just find it hilarious that fanboys like any group of songs Maiden regurgitates. I only like 4 songs off the new cd and they only play 1 of them? Clueless!

I love this site so I know better than going to see Maiden and thinking there is a chance of hearing Revelations, The Prisoner, Children of the Damned, Rue Morgue, Aces High, 22 Acacia Avenue or any of the songs that made them the huge band they are today. In all my years I've never known a band to regurgitate songs like this. Would it kill them to pull out a few gems for the "real" fans?

Really serious this time. Write every Maiden song on a small piece of paper, mix it up and pull them from a hat. I GUARANTEE you get a setlist that smokes this one. Just sayin'

Indestructible
02-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Maiden didn't play Wrathchild.
That's a good thing.

Indestructible
02-11-2011, 12:34 PM
I love this site so I know better than going to see Maiden and thinking there is a chance of hearing Revelations, The Prisoner, Children of the Damned, Rue Morgue, Aces High, 22 Acacia Avenue or any of the songs that made them the huge band they are today. In all my years I've never known a band to regurgitate songs like this. Would it kill them to pull out a few gems for the "real" fans?

I agree but with Maiden this is the best that they are going to do for this tour, so just deal with it.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 12:40 PM
hahahahahaha. I just find it hilarious that fanboys like any group of songs Maiden regurgitates. I only like 4 songs off the new cd and they only play 1 of them? Clueless!

Really serious this time. Write every Maiden song on a small piece of paper, mix it up and pull them from a hat. I GUARANTEE you get a setlist that smokes this one. Just sayin'

So out of Coming Home, The Talisman, and Wild Wind Blows you only like 1 of them at most? Your loss. 2008. 2009. 2005. 2009. 2003. Next time how about you pick better examples? The only one that is really that applicable there is The Prisoner.

JRA
02-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Caught Somewhere in Time
El Dorado
Ghost of the Navigator
Wasted Years
Coming Home
Fear of the Dark
Starblind
Heaven Can Wait
Rainmaker
Where The Wild Wind Blows
Iron Maiden

Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Be Quick or be Dead
Sanctuary

Thanks Setlist.FM

That would be something I think everyone would be happy with

GASTONCAPO666
02-11-2011, 12:58 PM
i really thought they were going to play starblind...but oh well ..its still a really nice setlist...lots of "epics" as they call them today.

jhdeity
02-11-2011, 01:13 PM
So out of Coming Home, The Talisman, and Wild Wind Blows you only like 1 of them at most? Your loss. 2008. 2009. 2005. 2009. 2003. Next time how about you pick better examples? The only one that is really that applicable there is The Prisoner.

Talisman is the correct answer. El Dorado is one of the worst Maiden songs ever penned. At least they didn't play King...

Did they really play Running Free last? I seriously would have never guessed that in a million years. Get the point? RE-GUR-GI-TAT-EDdie

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Talisman is the correct answer. El Dorado is one of the worst Maiden songs ever penned. At least they didn't play King...

Did they really play Running Free last? I seriously would have never guessed that in a million years. Get the point? RE-GUR-GI-TAT-EDdie

No, El Dorado is not that good but it is better live than on the album. If it wasn't the same tour then no, you wouldn't have guessed it. This is essentially leg 2 of a 3 part tour. NA last summer was leg 1 (which I'll admit is weird considering how far apart leg 1 and 2 are), this is leg 2, and Europe will be leg 3 this summer. Do you know the last time they closed with Running Free before this tour? 1992, close to 20 years ago.

Travis The Dragon
02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Come on youtube bootlegs! I wanna see the new stuff live!

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Here is what seems to be the first video, Fonz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aSmQtozTUA

Maidenmagic
02-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah, there must have be someone with a cellphone filming. In response to incorrect sets, wikipedia had brave new world between wind and evil. Although wiki is an unreliable source it would be cool if they kept that song. I didn't even see blood brothers on the set. Now starblind should replace that song instead of dance of death.

Maidenmagic
02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Here is what seems to be the first video, Fonz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aSmQtozTUA

Thank you! Looks like Steve isn't wearing his Whale Oil Beef Hooker shirt anymore.

TonyD
02-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Holy shitballs, 3 and a half hours in and the thread is 7 pages long

jhdeity
02-11-2011, 01:54 PM
No, El Dorado is not that good but it is better live than on the album. If it wasn't the same tour then no, you wouldn't have guessed it. This is essentially leg 2 of a 3 part tour. NA last summer was leg 1 (which I'll admit is weird considering how far apart leg 1 and 2 are), this is leg 2, and Europe will be leg 3 this summer. Do you know the last time they closed with Running Free before this tour? 1992, close to 20 years ago.

Can't blame you for defending them but is it what it is. I stick 100% behind my hat theory. I can list 50 Maiden songs I'd rather hear than 90% songs in that setlist. Including most the songs off TFF they didn't play except King.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Personal preference, nothing I can do about that.:allan:

Sepultura69
02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I still need to see Iron Maiden in Concert :(

I've had the opportunity to see them twice(I got tickets to see them in june of 2010 on the week of my birthday)but fucked up both times for reasons that I don't really want to get into.

Nice set by the way(I can't really judge any set considering I have never seen the band even once). Too Bad they didn't add "killers", "Phantom of the Opera" or "Rime of the Ancient Mariner":hecho:

NickLed19
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Caught Somewhere in Time
Public Enema Number One
Wasted Years
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
The Clairvoyant
Heaven Can Wait
Judas Be My Guide
2 Minutes to Midnight
Iron Maiden

Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Be Quick or be Dead
Sanctuary

Thanks Setlist.FM

Now that would be amazing.

Maideneer
02-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Now that I have digested this for a little bit, this set list is near criminal, and not in a good way.

With all the TFF themed space stuff going on, to not have one Somewhere In Time or hell even a Virtual XI song in the set is absurd. There is zero need to have FOTD, TNOTB, Trooper, DOD, Wicker, Blood Brothers, 2 Minutes in that set. None. And to top it off, not one AMOLAD song? To ask for a No Prayer For The Dying song anywhere is just outrageous I guess, I doubt we'll ever see one apart from BYD...TTS for a couple U.S. shows some years ago.

Are they purposely trying to give me an ulcer?

Killers - 0
SIT - 0
NPFTD - 0
X Factor - 0
Virtual XI - 0
AMOLAD - 0

I really, REALLY hate bitching about shit like this, after all, it's only a concert, and some perspective about what's important must be taken, I understand this. But let's be honest, there would be nothing to talk about otherwise.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2011, 03:34 PM
It's a bit of a stretch to be upset about lacking songs from NPFTD, VXI, and X Factor simply because those are not the songs 90% of the people in the building will want to hear. I mean, personally, I'd be ecstatic but that's how it goes.

idrinkwine732
02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Fuck each and every one of the setlist haters, I would love to see this set.

Maidenmagic
02-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Holy shitballs, 3 and a half hours in and the thread is 7 pages long

People love Maiden.

PowerMaiden
02-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I completely agree on the last 3 posters !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JLRedWing13
02-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Fuck each and every one of the setlist haters, I would love to see this set.
It's a testament to how good Maiden is that people bitch about shit like this.

I think that setlist is amazing and I'm bummed they're not coming back on this tour cycle. Still holding out hope that they'll be back at the end of the year on a classics tour.

PowerMaiden
02-11-2011, 08:27 PM
long live Iron Fucking Maiden !

Cheers !
Power:666:Maiden

PowerMaiden
02-11-2011, 08:48 PM
but why is Starblind not in the set, this is the question ?

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

idrinkwine732
02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
but why is Starblind not in the set, this is the question ?

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I think the song is a little bit too complex for them to pull off live, or at least they think so.

slayerizer
02-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Caught Somewhere in Time
Public Enema Number One
Wasted Years
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
The Clairvoyant
Heaven Can Wait
Judas Be My Guide
2 Minutes to Midnight
Iron Maiden

Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
Be Quick or be Dead
Sanctuary

Thanks Setlist.FM

I'd LOVE to see this shit!!!!!!!!!!!

Dmitry Kulikov
02-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Here are some our pics from Iron Maiden Moscow show

http://headbanger.ru/fmst/files/data/57363.jpg

All pics are here
http://headbanger.ru/reports/3967?show_images=1
Photos by Natalie "Snakeheart" Patrashova
(с) HeadBanger.ru

maidenpriest
02-11-2011, 10:42 PM
my only complaint is when the wild wind blows but its a good set imo for what they are doing. i mean yea it would be nice to see a rare one thrown in there like stranger in a strange land or something but what can you do? i would definitely go see this show, especially to hear TETMD and Talisman live.

daimonos
02-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Didn't read the eight pages of this thread, but I have three things to say:

1. I would be satisfied seeing this set.
2. I don't understand the hate for When the Wild Wind Blows. I like it. Sure, the lyrics might be kind of lame, but I think its a pretty epic song with a decent amount of feeling to it.
3. It's cool they're playing Coming Home live, and El Dorado works really well live. I'm not sure if The Talisman is the best choice though. I would rather see Starblind or Mother of Mercy. Also we could do without The Final Frontier, but I feel like it would work pretty well live.

DisposableJustice
02-11-2011, 11:56 PM
A)- I was secretly hoping the setlist would be epic enough to make me even more broke and spring a trip to Florida.....not quite, almost though
B)- Good set overall; As much as I love TETMD, it has been in recently (2009); how about another SSOASS song...how about the title track?:rocker:
C)- No SIT songs?:flame:
D)- Good selection from FF;however like most posters here I wish they did Starblind
E)- Wonder if they will change the setlist when they hit Europe; I say that because Wickerman and DOD were done last year...

SomewhereInTime72
02-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Good set, but honestly I would much rather them do a AMOLAD tour type set. It's saddening to me that this might mean I'll NEVER see Isle of Avalon or Starblind live. :(

Maiden33
02-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Good set, but honestly I would much rather them do a AMOLAD tour type set. It's saddening to me that this might mean I'll NEVER see Isle of Avalon or Starblind live. :(

Yeah, this, basically. I said from the outset that I wanted an AMOLAD-style tour because I'd MUCH rather see the other 5 Final Frontier songs live once than 5 other hits that I've seen at least once or twice (some 4+ times) at this point. TFF is hardly a perfect album where every song truly DESERVES to be played live, but the problem is when left to pick for themselves, Maiden almost always misses at least one agreeably amazing song from the album. And then having never been played on the album tour, it means it will never be played period.

SomewhereInTime72
02-12-2011, 12:35 AM
If Maiden would finally stop being afraid to play songs on later tours that they hadn't played for the album tour, I would probably be totally fine with this. My only problem is WTWWB, not because it's bad since it definitely isn't, but I think it's kind of fucked up that they chose that particular song over a few others when they're only playing 5 songs off TFF to begin with. :(

NickLed19
02-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Mother of Mercy should be in the set.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 06:28 AM
If Maiden would finally stop being afraid to play songs on later tours that they hadn't played for the album tour, I would probably be totally fine with this. My only problem is WTWWB, not because it's bad since it definitely isn't, but I think it's kind of fucked up that they chose that particular song over a few others when they're only playing 5 songs off TFF to begin with. :(

Plus they're still playing El Dorado which had it's moment to shine over the summer.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Mother of Mercy should be in the set.

I agree. I could SERIOUSLY headbang to the end of that one.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 06:32 AM
It's a testament to how good Maiden is that people bitch about shit like this.

I think that setlist is amazing and I'm bummed they're not coming back on this tour cycle. Still holding out hope that they'll be back at the end of the year on a classics tour.

Why Maiden Rules:
1. Amazing Songwriting.
2. These guys have more energy live than most guys half their age. Maiden don't understand the concept of just standing there. Take away Eddie and the special effects (And to be honset, unlike the common belief, there's not a lot.) and you would still have a kickass show.

JRA
02-12-2011, 07:54 AM

Still closing with Running Free is a good thing. I don't ever want to hear Sanctuary live ever again. I can't even listen to that song on the album anymore I'm so sick of it.

DethMaiden
02-12-2011, 08:26 AM
inb4thecrying

Hey, good call!

I'd be happy to see this set and everyone being grumpy about it isn't seeing the show anyway. Cry more.

Spiral_Slave
02-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm 100% happy with the set. I cannot wait to see The Talisman and When The Wild Wind Blows live. Just watched some youtube footage today and it sounded amazing. I can feel the Maiden spirit reviving in me, up the fucking irons!:rocker:

Indestructible
02-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I can't believe there is so muching bitching about this set. Doesn't everyone here love Maiden??????.I forgot this is metalsetlists so of corse everyone is going to bitch when things don't go their way.

El Gordo
02-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Doesn't everyone here love Maiden??????

Nope. But then again I'm not bitching. Never mind. :lol:

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 10:53 AM
This is being updated via setlist.fm so ill edit it when new updates come in.

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Two Minutes to Midnight
Coming Home
Dance of Death
The Trooper
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
When The Wild Wind Blows
The Evil That Men Do
The Talisman
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-------------------------
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

Aces High and Run to the Hills???? WTF. :eyes:

jhdeity
02-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey, good call!

I'd be happy to see this set and everyone being grumpy about it isn't seeing the show anyway. Cry more.

This site is hilarious when it somes to Maiden. I mean, REALLY f'n hilarious!

I personally enjoy debating bands and setlists but some people are just total sheep when it comes to Maiden. They can literally do NO wrong.

If you love this setlist, good for you. If you love El Dorado and would rather hear it than The Alchemist, Starblind, Isle of Avalon & Mother of Mercy then you are a troo maiden fan.

If you think wasting 8 minutes on Blood Brothers is better than hearing Paschendale or god forbid busting out some classics like The Prisoner or Children of the Damned, good for you.

I can't think of ANY other band that does this to their fans. How can a band with so many great albums and so many great songs ignore 95% of their catalog?

This setlist all things considered is a 4 out of 10. Missing the best songs off TFF and NOTHING older that hasn't been played in the last 5 years.

Still love Maiden and have been a fan longer than anyone I've ever met but I have ZERO interest in seeing this show. Glad I saw the setlist...

Sanitarium78
02-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Aces High and Run to the Hills???? WTF. :eyes:

Yeah because the band just loves to play RTTH. Did you ever hear how enthusiastic they do it live:tp: They couldn't be more uniterested when doing it. I'd rather hear them do a song where they at least have some life in it.

As far as Aces High goes, you shouldn't get upset that a song that's only been played on a total of three tours isn't in the set. I figured everyone knew AH had no shot of being played on this leg.

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah because the band just loves to play RTTH. Did you ever hear how enthusiastic they do it live:tp: They couldn't be more uniterested when doing it. I'd rather hear them do a song where they at least have some life in it.

As far as Aces High goes, you shouldn't get upset that a song that's only been played on a total of three tours isn't in the set. I figured everyone knew AH had no shot of being played on this leg.

Im Sorry.... But as far as i am conserned, i have never seen Maiden live, so if i were to go and see them i would want to see them play my two favorite songs that they have ever produced. AH and RTTH are only two of their biggest, i am shocked that they wouldn't play them. That is like Metallica not playing Seek and Destroy and Enter Sandman. Since those songs have been around, has that ever been done. I Think not. :tp:

JRA
02-12-2011, 11:27 AM
You know, one thing to keep in mind. Maiden did used to bring out deep tracks for the first couple of reunion tours.

On Brave New World it was Sign of the Cross.

On Dance of Death it was Can I Play With Madness (which at that point hadn't been played live since 1992) and Lord of the Flies.

On AMOLAD and this tour, we got nothing.

Sanitarium78
02-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Im Sorry.... But as far as i am conserned, i have never seen Maiden live, so if i were to go and see them i would want to see them play my two favorite songs that they have ever produced. AH and RTTH are only two of their biggest, i am shocked that they wouldn't play them. That is like Metallica not playing Seek and Destroy and Enter Sandman. Since those songs have been around, has that ever been done. I Think not. :tp:

Since RTTH is one of your two favorite Maiden songs i'm guessing you've been listening to them for all of five minutes. Listen to the rest they have to offer then you can talk. Yes, RTTH is their biggest "hit" but that doesn't change the fact that it's an average song, the band doesn't like playing it and Maiden has a lot better to choose from.

Aces High was released as a single but as far as it being one of their biggest songs, I don't recall ever hearing it on the radio. Can anyone remember back then (Powermaiden???) and say for sure if it was a hit or not because I never thought or got the impression it was. The popularity of 2MTM and the amazing stage show they put on for that tour was what I always thought made Powerslave sell so good.

If you're "shocked" that they don't play these two all the time then I suggest you educate yourself on Maiden's history and learn how they operate live and then none of this will be a surprise at all.

As far as the Metallica thing goes, you can't compare them not doing Sandman with Maiden not playing RTTH because Sandman is in a different league. It's the biggest worldwide hit a metal band has ever produced and can't be compared to anything else and because of that Metallica has to play it. Maiden doesn't "have to" play RTTH. Metallica i'm sure has played shows without S&D before. It doesn't happen too often but i'm sure it has. I for one would be happy to see them replace that with something else off KEA since most of the album is better than S&D.

Fe Maiden
02-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Too bad they are not doing the "proper" album tour in NA. But, really the only new song they are doing in there that I really wanted to see is Talisman. Coming Home is most likely good live as well.

JudasPriest89
02-12-2011, 12:41 PM
They should edit it a bit more

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Since RTTH is one of your two favorite Maiden songs i'm guessing you've been listening to them for all of five minutes. Listen to the rest they have to offer then you can talk. Yes, RTTH is their biggest "hit" but that doesn't change the fact that it's an average song, the band doesn't like playing it and Maiden has a lot better to choose from.

Aces High was released as a single but as far as it being one of their biggest songs, I don't recall ever hearing it on the radio. Can anyone remember back then (Powermaiden???) and say for sure if it was a hit or not because I never thought or got the impression it was. The popularity of 2MTM and the amazing stage show they put on for that tour was what I always thought made Powerslave sell so good.

If you're "shocked" that they don't play these two all the time then I suggest you educate yourself on Maiden's history and learn how they operate live and then none of this will be a surprise at all.

As far as the Metallica thing goes, you can't compare them not doing Sandman with Maiden not playing RTTH because Sandman is in a different league. It's the biggest worldwide hit a metal band has ever produced and can't be compared to anything else and because of that Metallica has to play it. Maiden doesn't "have to" play RTTH. Metallica i'm sure has played shows without S&D before. It doesn't happen too often but i'm sure it has. I for one would be happy to see them replace that with something else off KEA since most of the album is better than S&D.

Ok 1st of all you dont know me. So dont try and act like you are and expert of all Iron Maiden. I Have every Maiden album. My top 3 songs are Run to the Hills, Aces High, and The Trooper. In That order. So as far as "5 minutes" is concerned, you'd better start multiplying by a freakin' lot. Just cuz you like the new shit or watever, dont change the fact that RTTH is my favorite Maiden song! And that i would be dissappointed to see them not play it live! :)

TonyD
02-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Who's ready for the Judas Priest Epitaph tour?

velvetgrass
02-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Sort of related question here, hi I'm a newbie Maiden fan and have only had a chance to listen to one album The Number Of The Beast, which I absolutely loved. But I have 7 other albums of theirs:

Brave New World
The Final Frontier
Killers
A Matter Of Life And Death
No Prayer For The Dying
Piece Of Mind
The X Factor

^ My question is out of those albums, which one or ones do you guys think I should listen to next?

And do you think they'll ever play "The Prisoner" live again? I don't know how long it's been and what the chances are.

Travis The Dragon
02-12-2011, 03:13 PM
WOW! The new songs sound AMAZING live!

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 03:39 PM
You know, one thing to keep in mind. Maiden did used to bring out deep tracks for the first couple of reunion tours.

On Dance of Death it was Can I Play With Madness (which at that point hadn't been played live since 1992) and Lord of the Flies.

On AMOLAD and this tour, we got nothing.

Would love to hear Sign of the cross live. Bruce murdered Lord of the Flies in Death on the Road.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 03:40 PM
WOW! The new songs sound AMAZING live!

Was there any doubt?

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Sort of related question here, hi I'm a newbie Maiden fan and have only had a chance to listen to one album The Number Of The Beast, which I absolutely loved. But I have 7 other albums of theirs:

Brave New World
The Final Frontier
Killers
No Prayer For The Dying
Piece Of Mind
The X Factor

^ My question is out of those albums, which one or ones do you guys think I should listen to next?

And do you think they'll ever play "The Prisoner" live again? I don't know how long it's been and what the chances are.

1. Brave New World
2. The X Factor
3. A matter of life and death
Three Masterpieces.
Maiden hasn't played The Prisoner since 1991 so chances of it returning are slim.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Who's ready for the Judas Priest Epitaph tour?

I am! Hope they announce American tour dates soon!

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 03:44 PM

If Run to the hills is one of your favorite songs then you are not a true fan.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Still closing with Running Free is a good thing. I don't ever want to hear Sanctuary live ever again. I can't even listen to that song on the album anymore I'm so sick of it.

Yeah, the silly lyrics and that long pause they do live kills it.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
This site is hilarious when it somes to Maiden. I mean, REALLY f'n hilarious!

I personally enjoy debating bands and setlists but some people are just total sheep when it comes to Maiden. They can literally do NO wrong.

If you love this setlist, good for you. If you love El Dorado and would rather hear it than The Alchemist, Starblind, Isle of Avalon & Mother of Mercy then you are a troo maiden fan.

If you think wasting 8 minutes on Blood Brothers is better than hearing Paschendale or god forbid busting out some classics like The Prisoner or Children of the Damned, good for you.

I can't think of ANY other band that does this to their fans. How can a band with so many great albums and so many great songs ignore 95% of their catalog?

This setlist all things considered is a 4 out of 10. Missing the best songs off TFF and NOTHING older that hasn't been played in the last 5 years.

Still love Maiden and have been a fan longer than anyone I've ever met but I have ZERO interest in seeing this show. Glad I saw the setlist...

I agree. They need to take more time making their sets but I would still see them again no matter what they play.

Maiden33
02-12-2011, 05:55 PM

Doesn't really count, they had done it on the X Factor and Virtual XI album tours. It's not like they resurrected it from 10-15 years of being unplayed. Maiden have never done that outside of the two themed hits tours.

As Jhdeity has been arguing: Yes, Maiden are honestly pretty damn terrible at assembling setlists, mostly because they've become incredibly lazy in their own age. But that being said, you have to take what you can get when/where you can get it. All this set would have to completely win my approval is dump WTWWB in favor Starblind + The Alchemist (or Mother of Mercy), and remove one other song (I don't really even care which one) in favor of something from the "golden years" that isn't overplayed. Do that, and it's a pretty damn solid set.

Maiden33
02-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Actually, here you go:

01.The Final Frontier
02.El Dorado
03.2 Minutes to Midnight
04.Mother of Mercy
05.Coming Home
06.The Trooper
07.Blood Brothers
08.Starblind
09.Stranger in a Strange Land
10.The Wicker Man
11.The Talisman
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.The Evil That Men Do
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

OMG I just made pretty much everyone happy. See, it IS possible.

Indestructible
02-12-2011, 06:29 PM

You can still be a true Maiden fan have your favorite song be run to the hills.

Sanitarium78
02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Ok 1st of all you dont know me. So dont try and act like you are and expert of all Iron Maiden. I Have every Maiden album. My top 3 songs are Run to the Hills, Aces High, and The Trooper. In That order. So as far as "5 minutes" is concerned, you'd better start multiplying by a freakin' lot. Just cuz you like the new shit or watever, dont change the fact that RTTH is my favorite Maiden song! And that i would be dissappointed to see them not play it live! :)

I've been listening to Maiden and they've been one of my favorite bands for close to 20 years. Sorry, but if you've been following any band for that long you are an expert on their music. It has nothing to do with liking the new stuff or not. I prefer the 80s stuff but if you can honestly sit there and say RTTH is your favorite Maiden song, how well are you really listening to their material from the 80s when you put those albums on?

Indestructible
02-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Gotta love metalsetlists, where people bitch and about everything. It's just music no big deal.:D:D:D

gabo03
02-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I like

NickLed19
02-12-2011, 08:51 PM

If Run to the Hills is in your top 20 Maiden songs something is not right.

Indestructible
02-12-2011, 09:06 PM
I've been listening to Maiden and they've been one of my favorite bands for close to 20 years. Sorry, but if you've been following any band for that long you are an expert on their music. It has nothing to do with liking the new stuff or not. I prefer the 80s stuff but if you can honestly sit there and say RTTH is your favorite Maiden song, how well are you really listening to their material from the 80s when you put those albums on?

I understand your responses to ratcat and I get why most people would find it weird that someone's favorite Maiden song is run to the hills. I myself could not give a fuck what anyone's favorite song from a band is. If someone told be that their favorite maiden song was total eclipse or Bring your daughter to the Slaughter I wouldn't care, if somone told me their favorite Metallica song could be Enter Sandman or Frantic I wouldn't care, I would say cool that is different from the norm and I respect that. Ever think that maybe ratcat has studied Iron Maiden like you. Maybe ratcat played all the 80's Maiden albums in one day and decided that run to the hills was his/hers favorite song.
I don't know about you or anyone else on this board, but right now I got more important shit to worry about than someone's opinion on a band.

Most people on this board do yourselfs a favor and look up the definitions of facts and opinions, learn the difference. It will help you out.

Indestructible
02-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Most people always put the songs or albums that got them into a bad as their favorite song and album.Maybe ratcat first maiden songs were run to the hills and aces high.

Indestructible
02-12-2011, 09:11 PM

Brave New World
The Final Frontier
Killers
No Prayer For The Dying
Piece Of Mind
The X Factor

Listen to them in this order

Brave New World
The Final Frontier
AMatter of life and death
PIece of mind
The X Factor
Killers
No Prayer for the dying

Dissimulate
02-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Not surprised. It was a great show on the pre-release tour, I'd gladly see this set again, but Maiden seem to always do average setlists, when a band of their calibre should be doing something exceptional every night. The only things in this set that annoy me are Running Free killing HBTN's epic atmosphere and When The Wild Wind Blows (which I suspect is on the set because it was the song that Steve solo wrote. They really should have played two of the shorter songs and generally need to move away from the epically long songs but that's irrelevant)

Also, WTF is with their tour plans? If they're not doing anymore dates in NA (disregarding the few in Florida or wherever) their NA TFF tour has to be the most half-assed album tour ever.

JRA
02-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Two things...

Brave New World
The Final Frontier
PIece of mind
The X Factor
Killers
No Prayer for the dying

One, this is batshit buttfucking wrong.

Two, I've been listening to Maiden for 11 years and Run To The Hills is still one of my top 10 favorite Maiden songs.

Maidenmagic
02-13-2011, 07:24 AM
They're playing songs like Trooper, 11:58, FOTD, The evil that men do etc. because they're going to play places they've never been to before like Singapore, Indonesia, Korea etc. and they know those songs are bonda fide crowd favorites. (Although I don't think that The evil that men do is as popular as the other songs.)

Fe Maiden
02-13-2011, 08:09 AM
If Run to the Hills is in your top 20 Maiden songs something is not right.Something is not right with me then either. Great song IMO but overplayed.

NickLed19
02-13-2011, 10:40 AM
I prefer the Trooper and NOTB anyday to RTTH. The Trooper is an awesome song, one of Maidens best.

Sanitarium78
02-13-2011, 11:44 AM

Brave New World
The Final Frontier
PIece of mind
The X Factor
Killers
No Prayer for the dying

You've got POM fourth on that list? Seriously fourth? POM and BMW should be the top two choices everything else is just whatever order you feel like. Also, you failed to inform the poster than there were different singers on Killers and The X Factor and how awful Paul Di'anno's voice is. If someone had told me that before I bought Killers way back when, then I might actually have liked it. I was expecting Dickinson when I put that album on for the first time but instead got crap for a singer.

There are good songs on that album but i've just never been able to get into Di'anno's voice at all and think he's one of the worst clean vocalists i've ever heard in my life.

IrritatedTrout
02-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Actually, here you go:

01.The Final Frontier
02.El Dorado
03.2 Minutes to Midnight
04.Mother of Mercy
05.Coming Home
06.The Trooper
07.Blood Brothers
08.Starblind
09.Stranger in a Strange Land
10.The Wicker Man
11.The Talisman
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.The Evil That Men Do
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

OMG I just made pretty much everyone happy. See, it IS possible.

I'd be disappointed to lose WTWWB but other than that I'd be thrilled with that set.

PowerMaiden
02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/658/39483450423500931651320.jpg

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sepultura69
02-13-2011, 01:49 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:party:

Indestructible
02-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:horns: :lol:

Indestructible
02-13-2011, 03:00 PM
You've got POM fourth on that list? Seriously fourth? POM and BMW should be the top two choices everything else is just whatever order you feel like. Also, you failed to inform the poster than there were different singers on Killers and The X Factor and how awful Paul Di'anno's voice is. If someone had told me that before I bought Killers way back when, then I might actually have liked it. I was expecting Dickinson when I put that album on for the first time but instead got crap for a singer.

There are good songs on that album but i've just never been able to get into Di'anno's voice at all and think he's one of the worst clean vocalists i've ever heard in my life.

cool story bro :D

NickLed19
02-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Thats an awesome pic. haha

Sanitarium78
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Nice!:D

So i'm guessing Eddie delivers that box directly to Mr. Harris, correct?:lol:

Like myself and a few others said waaaaaaay back at the start of this thread, this set is a nice balance of new and old. Unlike last summer, I don't have much of an issue with this set. I just wish Mother Of Mercy had been played and that's it.

IrritatedTrout
02-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Some people on the IMBB are saying that video footage from Moscow shows that Jan screwed up and started playing Wickerman too early and that it was intended to come after Blood Brothers. Doesn't really change anything but if they do the rest of the dates like that I think it'll flow a little better.

Sanitarium78
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Some people on the IMBB are saying that video footage from Moscow shows that Jan screwed up and started playing Wickerman too early and that it was intended to come after Blood Brothers. Doesn't really change anything but if they do the rest of the dates like that I think it'll flow a little better.

Doesn't Adrian plays the opening riff to Wickerman:confused:

Also, Jan actually plays stuff? He just looks like he's strumming around on the guitar all night and contributing much. Except for the intro to DOD I really saw nothing from him last summer. Seriously what does he do?

I think they should've kept Wickerman as the opener. TFF just doesn't have that pop that a concert opener needs as far as i'm conserned. Of course when it comes to concert openers not too many songs are in the same league as The Wickerman.

IrritatedTrout
02-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Doesn't Adrian plays the opening riff to Wickerman:confused:

Also, Jan actually plays stuff? He just looks like he's strumming around on the guitar all night and contributing much. Except for the intro to DOD I really saw nothing from him last summer. Seriously what does he do?

I think they should've kept Wickerman as the opener. TFF just doesn't have that pop that a concert opener needs as far as i'm conserned. Of course when it comes to concert openers not too many songs are in the same league as The Wickerman.

Yeah, he does. But I think Jan plays virtually the same thing a couple measures after the intro riff. I dunno what happened but if you watch the Wickerman video they seem really confused and Bruce changes the first line of lyrics to make fun of Jan's mistake.

Butcher of Birth
02-14-2011, 12:43 PM
I guess I'm the only one who loves this set. Of course I would drop Running Free for something much better, but hey, as long as there NO MOTHER OF MERCY I'm fine. That song is so one dimensional. It's so boring.