PDA

View Full Version : New to most of bands on Mayhem. Help out please

GWAR654
02-08-2011, 01:14 PM
So I have listened to every band on mayhem but not alot. Can anyone help me out with some songs of the following bands that i should know that theywill most likely play on mayhem so its a fun day.

Inflames
Machine Head
Megadeath
Red Fang
All Shall Perish
Unearth
Suicide Silence

Thanks Guys

Indestructible
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
So I have listened to every band on mayhem but not alot. Can anyone help me out with some songs of the following bands that i should know that theywill most likely play on mayhem so its a fun day.

Inflames
Machine Head
Megadeath
Red Fang
All Shall Perish
Unearth
Suicide Silence

Thanks Guys
With In Flames listen to any song from Reroute to Remain-A sense of purpose. The old stuff is good but most In Flames sets now are mostly new stuff

Machine head- Listen to albums Through the Ashes of Empiers and The Blackening

Megadeth- Listen to everything but risk.

GWAR654
02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
With In Flames listen to any song from Reroute to Remain-A sense of purpose. The old stuff is good but most In Flames sets now are mostly new stuff

Machine head- Listen to albums Through the Ashes of Empiers and The Blackening

Megadeth- Listen to everything but risk.

thanks brother

mankvill
02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
For Megadeth, get their first five records. The majority of their set will be from those albums.

windshldbraker88
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Suicide Silence will probably play Wake Up!, Bludgeoned To Death, The Price Of Beauty, Unanswered, and a couple new songs

Indestructible
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Listen to these Megadeth albums in full
Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? (1986)
So Far, So Good... So What! (1988)
Rust in Peace (1990)
Countdown to Extinction (1992)
The System Has Failed (2004)
United Abominations (2007)
Endgame (2009)

From Youthanasia listen to Reckoning Day, Train of Consequences, Addicted to Chaos and A Toute le Monde.

From Cryptic Writings listen to A Secret Place and She Wolf.

From Risk listen to Crush Em if you want to laugh.

From The World Needs a Hero listen to Disconnect and Burning Bridges.

makethemsuffer12
02-08-2011, 02:05 PM

That song is awesome.

Megadeth's set will without a doubt include the following:
Holy Wars
Peace Sells
Symphony of Destruction
Head Crusher
Trust
A Tout le Monde
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour

Other songs that would likely be played are:
How the Story Ends
Take No Prisoners
Skin O' My Teeth
Dialectic Chaos/This Day We Fight! (maybe)
Hook in Mouth (maybe)

Machine Head's set will comprise of songs from their first two albums and their last two.

Sanitarium78
02-08-2011, 02:57 PM
MEGADETH:

Wake Up Dead
Peace Sells
Set The World Afire
In My Darkest Hour
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Tornado Of Souls
Skin O' My Teeth
Symphony Of Destruction
Sweating Bullets
Reckoning Day
A Toute Le Monde
Trust
She Wolf
Kick The Chair
Washington Is Next!
Headcrusher

Except for RD, KTC and WIN the rest of these songs will be the ones they choose from for the setlist. Their set is always a bit predictible but the songs work well enough live that it doesn't matter.

MACHINE HEAD:

Davidian
Old
Block
Ten Ton Hammer
Struck A Nerve
Imperium
Bite The Bullet
In The Presence Of My Enemies
Decsend The Shades Of Night
Beautiful Mourning
Aesthetics Of Hate
Now I Lay Thee Down
Halo

Machine Head should have a new album set to come out by then so there will probably be a couple new songs played.

ravenheart
02-08-2011, 03:01 PM
From Youthanasia listen to Reckoning Day, Train of Consequences, Addicted to Chaos and A Toute le Monde.

From Cryptic Writings listen to A Secret Place and She Wolf.

From The World Needs a Hero listen to Disconnect and Burning Bridges.

All four of those albums are better than Endgame and United Abominations.

mastodon421
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
All four of those albums are better than Endgame and United Abominations.

http://kaosradioaustin.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10584&g2_serialNumber=1

mankvill
02-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Chances of Megadeth songs on Mayhem:

100%

Peace Sells
Symphony Of Destruction

90%

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Headcrusher
Take No Prisoners
Trust

80%
Tornado Of Souls
This Day We Fight!
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf

70%

A Tout Le Monde
Skin O' My Teeth
Sweating Bullets
Dialectic Chaos
44 Minutes

60%

1,320'
Endgame
High Speed Dirt

50%

Mechanix
Hook In Mouth
Five Magics
Rust In Peace...Polaris

40% - 10%

Everything else

0%

Anything from Killing Is My Business besides Mechanix

makethemsuffer12
02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
^ I would add Holy Wars and Hangar to 100%. I have not seen a single setlist since RIP came out that didn't have those songs.

InPatient5100
02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Suicide Silence will probably play Wake Up!, Bludgeoned To Death, The Price Of Beauty, Unanswered, and a couple new songs

I haven't heard that band yet, are they any good?

mankvill
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM

If you like deathcore, they'll probably end up your favorite band. If you don't like deathcore, breakdowns, phoned-in music, or fake brutality, then you'll hate them.

Indestructible
02-08-2011, 04:48 PM

I hate them and all deathcore

InPatient5100
02-08-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't understand why Ozzy Ozbourne let them steal the name from one of his songs for their band?

slapguitarer
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't understand why Ozzy Ozbourne let them steal the name from one of his songs for their band?

*facepalm*

His song is Suicide Solution. Not Suicide Silence.

InPatient5100
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
*facepalm*

Oops, sorry

makethemsuffer12
02-08-2011, 05:35 PM

Oh boy, you're on a roll today.

maidenpriest
02-08-2011, 09:32 PM

Inflames

In Flames will probably play for sure...

Cloud Connected
Trigger
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow
Alias
Take This Life
Come Clarity

and some other new songs. if you are lucky you might get pinball map

hellawaits77ny
02-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Everyone has been right about Megadeth + Machine Head. The only other band I can help you with is All Shall Perish. They make every other deathcore band out there look pathetic. Below are some of the songs they play often, and I'm sure they'll play a couple new songs (their have a new album coming out sometime in spring).

All Shall Perish

Deconstruction
Eradication
Wage Slaves
Black Gold Reign
Never...Again
When Life Meant More

ravenheart
02-09-2011, 02:02 AM
http://kaosradioaustin.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10584&g2_serialNumber=1

Endgame and United Abominations are Megadeth's worst two albums. Full of convoluted lyrics that are so desperate to make their political point that all actual melody is abandoned. I always agreed they were a return to older Megadeth in terms of guitar playing and instrumentation, but the songs are just awful. Especially Endgame. There's nothing memorable on that disc at all.

And everything I've read about both of them drools over the comeback of the guitar work, and avoids having to make any comment on the actual song writing.

The best thing to happen to Megadeth in the last few years? Signing for Roadrunner. It means you automatically get your dick sucked by the major media outlets because they don't want to piss them off.

Those albums are so bad they've actually made me appreciate The System Has Failed! The playing on that album doesn't touch United Abominations and Endgame, but the songs are so much better. If United Abominations and Endgame were instrumental albums they'd be twice as good as they are.

mankvill
02-09-2011, 02:33 AM
andy you are just gosh darned silly

IrritatedTrout
02-09-2011, 07:14 AM
The World Needs A Hero is the most bland, uninspired, and bloated Deth album ever released. UA, Endgame, and Risk have their issues but none are as bad as that pathetic attempt to "return to their roots". I'd rather have Deth write a Reggae album that they put some thought into than another metal-by-numbers snoozefest that is TWNAH.

Edit: Moto Psycho and Dread and the Fugitive Mind are both solid songs though.

GWAR654
02-09-2011, 07:17 AM
whoa thanks guys haha. love how this is getting dirty :D

Sepultura69
02-09-2011, 07:28 AM

*facepalm*

Oops, sorry

http://blogs.menupages.com/sanfrancisco/shipment-of-fail.jpg

smearCampaign
02-09-2011, 08:01 AM
love how this is getting dirty :D

It's a Mayhem Fest thread, it was bound to get dirty sooner or later.

IrritatedTrout
02-09-2011, 10:04 AM
http://blogs.menupages.com/sanfrancisco/shipment-of-fail.jpg

:lol:

mastodon421
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Endgame and United Abominations are Megadeth's worst two albums. Full of convoluted lyrics that are so desperate to make their political point that all actual melody is abandoned. I always agreed they were a return to older Megadeth in terms of guitar playing and instrumentation, but the songs are just awful. Especially Endgame. There's nothing memorable on that disc at all.

And everything I've read about both of them drools over the comeback of the guitar work, and avoids having to make any comment on the actual song writing.

The best thing to happen to Megadeth in the last few years? Signing for Roadrunner. It means you automatically get your dick sucked by the major media outlets because they don't want to piss them off.

Those albums are so bad they've actually made me appreciate The System Has Failed! The playing on that album doesn't touch United Abominations and Endgame, but the songs are so much better. If United Abominations and Endgame were instrumental albums they'd be twice as good as they are.

I think Endgame is easily the best record they have donce since Countdown. The riffs are great, the songs aren't boring and the band hasn't sounded tighter in year. Risk and Cryptic Writings are both horrible and incredibly generic. Every song drags and is extremely lazily written in order to try to gain radio play. There are zero memorable tracks, hell there isn't really even any passable tracks.

I do agree the lyrics aren't very good on Endgame, but the music is so good that it just balances out. I absolutley loved Endgame, it made my top 10 of 2009, it was a complete and total return to form and it's a fucking killer record, imo.

makethemsuffer12
02-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Haha no.

InPatient5100
02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Everyone has been right about Megadeth + Machine Head. The only other band I can help you with is All Shall Perish. They make every other deathcore band out there look pathetic. Below are some of the songs they play often, and I'm sure they'll play a couple new songs (their have a new album coming out sometime in spring).

All Shall Perish

Deconstruction
Eradication
Wage Slaves
Black Gold Reign
Never...Again
When Life Meant More

I've yet to hear All Shall Perish, what band can u compare them to?

makethemsuffer12
02-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I've yet to hear All Shall Perish, what band can u compare them to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6J16dLQDkw

The internet is magical, isn't it?

BloodoftheKings
02-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I didn't think anyone hated Endgame. I think Endgame is easily the best since Countdown. The only song where they're really pushing the political messages is the title track and I guess the artwork to but besides that the album is that political. Endgame IMO is the only Megadeth album thats really fun to listen to from beginning to end. TWNAH-UA all have just a few stand out tracks and a shitload of filler. Endgame contains much less filler then the 3 albums before it.

InPatient5100
02-09-2011, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6J16dLQDkw

The internet is magical, isn't it?

What's the name of that song? I'm on a mobile and it won't work, I'll download it off iTunes. Also, can u tell me which album it's on?

makethemsuffer12
02-09-2011, 04:33 PM
What's the name of that song? I'm on a mobile and it won't work, I'll download it off iTunes. Also, can u tell me which album it's on?

Eradication from The Price of Existence.

InPatient5100
02-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Eradication from The Price of Existence.

Mehh, I don't like them. They remind me of Canibal Corpse, but not just with growls some higher pitched screams mixed in. Their guitar is better than Canibal IMO tho.

daimonos
02-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Their guitar is better than Canibal IMO tho.

lol

Indestructible
02-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I didn't think anyone hated Endgame. I think Endgame is easily the best since Countdown. The only song where they're really pushing the political messages is the title track and I guess the artwork to but besides that the album is that political. Endgame IMO is the only Megadeth album thats really fun to listen to from beginning to end. TWNAH-UA all have just a few stand out tracks and a shitload of filler. Endgame contains much less filler then the 3 albums before it.

I can understand not like TWNAH. The System has failed is good. UA has some great songs but the last 3 or four are just alright. Endgame is really good. It will come as no shock to any of you that I love Endgame(song). Infact it's one of my favorite Megadeth songs.