PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park -- Montreal, Quebec -- February 7th, 2011

VoidFlame
02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Does it Offend You, Yeah?

Wrestler
With a Heavy Heart (I Regret to Inform You)
We Are the Dead
(other new song)
The Monkeys Are Coming
We Are Rockstars

Pendulum

Granite
The Vulture
Witchcraft
Master of Puppets (Metallica cover)
Propane Nightmares
The Island - pt. I (Dawn)
Watercolour

Linkin Park

The Requiem (intro)
Faint
Lying from You
Given Up
What I've Done
No More Sorrow
From the Inside
Jornada Del Muerto
Waiting for the End
Blackout
Numb
The Radiance (intro)
Iridescent
Fallout
The Catalyst
Shadow of the Day
In the End
Bleed it Out (with A Place for my Head and drum solo)

----------------------------

Empty Spaces (intro)
When They Come for Me
Papercut
New Divide
Crawling
One Step Closer

GWAR654
02-08-2011, 02:34 PM
god damn do i miss old linkin park before they sold out

windshldbraker88
02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Linkin Park has such a long set, it would be cool if they did all songs off of Meteora and Hybrid Thoery plus Bleed it out, Givin Up, When They Come For Me, The Catyalst, Waiting For The End, New Divide, and Wretches And Kings

ratcat90
02-08-2011, 06:16 PM
god damn do i miss old linkin park before they sold out

True that brother! It was after the 1st two albums that it all went to shit man! MTM was ok with songs like What I've Done, Given Up, and No More Sorrow, but the new album, in my opinion is way beyond bad. I like 2 songs on the new album Wretches and Kings and The Messenger. Other than that it is pretty bad.

Nothing against their, success, but it is not my kind of sound! Anymore that is...

ratcat90
02-08-2011, 06:19 PM
They werent playing any Hybrid Theory at the beginnig of this tour, except In the End! Glad to see some incorparation of the shit that got the band where they are today. ;)

MetalIsArt
02-10-2011, 08:18 AM
They sold out metal, you mean.

ratcat90
02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
They sold out metal, you mean.

Yes. But not just that. They sold themselves out. They had a good sound going. LP practically made Nu-Metal! That is until they transformed into this Pop sounding Bullshit. I miss the Hybrid Theory days man. Those were epic days. No more LP. It sucks.

treghet
02-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Yes. But not just that. They sold themselves out. They had a good sound going. LP practically made Nu-Metal! That is until they transformed into this Pop sounding Bullshit. I miss the Hybrid Theory days man. Those were epic days. No more LP. It sucks.

Korn was the original nu-metal band, releasing their first album in 1994. Linkin Park didn't come out with Hybrid Theory until 2000, when the nu-metal trend was already around its peak. Also, Slipknot's first album came out in 1999.

ratcat90
02-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Korn was the original nu-metal band, releasing their first album in 1994. Linkin Park didn't come out with Hybrid Theory until 2000, when the nu-metal trend was already around its peak. Also, Slipknot's first album came out in 1999.

The Definiton of Nu-Metal is the combination of elements Heavy Metal and Rap. Im not talking about the years and who was 1st. Yes Korn's first couple of albums could be considered Nu-metal, they have taken more of an alternative metal route in recent years. However, it is a very ify thing to call Slipknot a Nu-Metal band. Slipknot to me, is a completely different classification as anyone else. There is only one "9!" Linkin Park was one of the first to combine the elements of Hip-Hop/Rap with Hard Rock/Heavymetal and be as successful as they have become. Im not here to debate who was 1st or last or whatever! I just meant that the i miss the old Nu-Metal LP!:)

bobbie solo
02-11-2011, 10:07 PM
if u dont think there is a combo of metal and hip hop in slipkn ots music, part. their first record, then you either know nothing about hip hop or are deaf. Shit, Corey straight raps his verses on several songs, part. Spit It Out....nevermind all the samples, turntablism and other elements Sid brings to their sound. now, u may hate all that, but it doesnt change their sound.

Also, i dont think a hip hop element HAS to be present for a band to be nu-metalish (spineshank comes to mind, among others), but if it IS there, then theyre almost certainly nu-metal.

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 09:34 AM
if u dont think there is a combo of metal and hip hop in slipkn ots music, part. their first record, then you either know nothing about hip hop or are deaf. Shit, Corey straight raps his verses on several songs, part. Spit It Out....nevermind all the samples, turntablism and other elements Sid brings to their sound. now, u may hate all that, but it doesnt change their sound.

Also, i dont think a hip hop element HAS to be present for a band to be nu-metalish (spineshank comes to mind, among others), but if it IS there, then theyre almost certainly nu-metal.

Like a said Slipknot has very few songs that can actually be categorized as having Hip-Hop elements. Im sorry, Turntables does not mean that a band is Hip-Hop at all. When i think of the hip-hop elments in metal/hardcore bands i think of Linkin Park, POD, Hollywood Undead, Ill Nino, etc. Just becasue Slipknot has fast paced songs does not mean that they are hip-hop influenced. Look at All Hope is Gone and The Subliminal Verses.... Nothing.
So you're saying that you would put Rage Against the Machine and Faith No More into a hip-hop category? Wrong my friend

AnthG
02-12-2011, 09:42 AM

Mudvayne's another band that comes to mind that doesn't incoporate a lot of hip hop but are/were pretty Numetal. Disturbed's first album as well.

ratcat90
02-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Mudvayne's another band that comes to mind that doesn't incoporate a lot of hip hop but are/were pretty Numetal. Disturbed's first album as well.

Im tired of these arguments that lead to nowhere. It is all Heavy Metal.
Linkin Park has had a huge and one of the biggest influences on the Nu-Metal/Rapcore scene. Slipknot's 1st album can be included into the Nu-Metal scene, everything else they've done is not included. Mudvayne's 1st album can be included. Disturbeds 1st album is questionable. Since all of these bands have moved on to a different and heavier sound, the Nu-Metal scene has somewhat faded. Keep in mind just because their is a hip-hop element in some bands, does not categorize them as "Nu-Metal." Take Rage and Faith No More for example. These are 2 bands that have had a huge influence on this music, but are completely not NU METAL! Problem solved.

bobbie solo
02-12-2011, 11:58 PM
of course rage has a strong hip hop element to their music. what makes u say they dont? hes rapping on many many of their songs, and their basslines and drum patterns are hip hop influenced too, especially the first two records. i would say RATM helped lead to alot of nu-metal bands, same as Faith No More, but arent nu-metal themselves.

BlashyrkhMR101
02-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Linkin Park's set looks almost 2 hours long yet Pendulum get about a half hour? Something's just not right with that.