ummm...apparently thats some of us here :lol:

but umm ya...:eyes:
had to share that..

IrritatedTrout
02-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Haha pretty good.

Wizzbang11
02-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Just like the black metaler on yourscenesucks, this mostly describes a group of people that I think do not actually exist. The Lords of Chaos references are overblown, and it's probably written by someone who has not fully submerged themselves in metal culture. That said, 2nd wave of Norwegian Black metal is usually really fucking bad and it's fans are worse.

daimonos
02-07-2011, 01:53 PM
That said, 2nd wave of Norwegian Black metal is usually really fucking bad and it's fans are worse.

lolwut

ChildrenofSodom
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Just like the black metaler on yourscenesucks, this mostly describes a group of people that I think do not actually exist. The Lords of Chaos references are overblown, and it's probably written by someone who has not fully submerged themselves in metal culture. That said, 2nd wave of Norwegian Black metal is usually really fucking bad and it's fans are worse.

Does any stereotype of any group ever really accurately describe anyone in that group? No, almost never.

Also: I've never listened to first wave of Norwegian Black Metal (to my knowledge) and my favorite black metal is WITTR, late Emperor/Ihsahn, Immortal, and Dragonlord. Now, I understand that I'm not kvlt as fuck, but exactly how kvlt am I?

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Just like the black metaler on yourscenesucks, this mostly describes a group of people that I think do not actually exist.

exactly. i thought it was worth a laugh though..
and the picture of the kid on a toilet is pricless :lol:

Wizzbang11
02-07-2011, 02:11 PM
lolwut

Have you ever talked to a 'black metal' fan?
The standard Mayhem/Burzum loving ones are anti-social losers who barely even explore their own beloved genre. There are thousands of shitty one man black metal bands out there, 99.9% of them are terrible. It's a stagnant genre that's kept alive by the mythology of a few morons in the early 90s and kids who worship them but are never really hardcore enough to put into practice any of the hateful acts their predecessors committed.

Stereotype wise, yeah, half the black people I've run into are walking stereotypes and I live in a town with a majority Mexican population, I'd say most of the ones I see fulfill either the 'cholo' stereotype or the 'immigrant farmer' stereotype. There is a good number of Jewish kids at my school who act in every way like you would expect a stereotypical Jew too, and a shit ton of Asians who are obsessed with learning, computers, anime and fit into every iconic Asian stereotype imaginable. Stereotypes are based upon a general truth, but I don't think I've ever met a black metal fan who is as over the top as the internet portrays them.

Maiden33
02-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Does any stereotype of any group ever really accurately describe anyone in that group? No, almost never.

Yes. Not often or even close to all the time, but most stereotypes exist for a reason.

Wizzbang11
02-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes. Not often or even close to all the time, but most stereotypes exist for a reason.

You know, perhaps it's where I live but I've been thinking about this more since I posted, and most races/classes I see act in a completely stereotypical fashion. I'm compiling a list of black people I know that are not gangsta rap or uncle tom black stereotypes, and I've come up with one. Mexicans it's a bit better, but not by much.

larvtard
02-07-2011, 02:17 PM

Was the word you were looking for "everyone?" If so, your post would make sense...

daimonos
02-07-2011, 02:23 PM
of course on the internet I've seen some ridiculous 'black metal fans', like you've mentioned. But I myself am a 'black metal fan'. but then again i'm also a death metal fan, doom metal fan...just a fan of metal in general. Of course I 'explore the genre', but I don't feel the need to search for hours on end to find the most unknown, underground band that I can find. I respect your opinion and all but to say that the Second Wave is bad is a stupid statement. Whenever somebody says Second Wave I think Immortal, Emperor, Enslaved, Mayhem, Burzum, Gorgoroth, and Darkthrone. Black Metal isn't a very diverse genre, it's been more or less the same formula since they've been around. Sure, bands have done things differently and introduced different aspects and styles, but everything can be traced back to those bands, as well as Celtic Frost, Bathory, Sarcofago, Hellhammer, and Venom.

Wizzbang11
02-07-2011, 02:29 PM
of course on the internet I've seen some ridiculous 'black metal fans', like you've mentioned. But I myself am a 'black metal fan'. but then again i'm also a death metal fan, doom metal fan...just a fan of metal in general. Of course I 'explore the genre', but I don't feel the need to search for hours on end to find the most unknown, underground band that I can find. I respect your opinion and all but to say that the Second Wave is bad is a stupid statement. Whenever somebody says Second Wave I think Immortal, Emperor, Enslaved, Mayhem, Burzum, Gorgoroth, and Darkthrone. Black Metal isn't a very diverse genre, it's been more or less the same formula since they've been around. Sure, bands have done things differently and introduced different aspects and styles, but everything can be traced back to those bands, as well as Celtic Frost, Bathory, Sarcofago, Hellhammer, and Venom.

first of all
"That said, 2nd wave of Norwegian Black metal is usually really fucking bad and it's fans are worse. "

Immortal, early Gorgoroth and Darkthrone are good, but as a whole it's certainly the most stale of the black metal genres, and also happens to be the most widely worshiped for some reason (probably because of Lords of Chaos.)
By 'black metal' fans I meant people who only like black metal. Obviously there are plenty of awesome people who enjoy that era of music, but when you limit yourself to liking such a specific genre of music, you probably suck.
I highly doubt your average Mayhem shirt sporting Black Metal fan listens to Sarcofago and Hellhammer btw.
Next to deathcore kids, neothrashers and tough guy metallers, they are the worst.

DethMaiden
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM

Nah, bro.

daimonos
02-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Nah, bro.

That's not quite what I was trying to convey. There's definitely many different styles and bands that do things differently, but they're all rooted in the second wave. That's the point I was trying to get across.

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
You know, perhaps it's where I live but I've been thinking about this more since I posted, and most races/classes I see act in a completely stereotypical fashion. I'm compiling a list of black people I know that are not gangsta rap or uncle tom black stereotypes, and I've come up with one. Mexicans it's a bit better, but not by much.

Hey man i'm mexican :eyes:

and i know plenty of black people who aren't gangster...in fact i know a few that like Destruction, Kreator, Sodom, Annihilator, and such

Wizzbang11
02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey man i'm mexican :eyes:

and i know plenty of black people who aren't gangster...in fact i know a few that like Destruction, Kreator, Sodom, Annihilator, and such

Yeah, my two best friends and bandmates are Mexican as well. There's nothing wrong with Mexicans, black people etc., but there is plenty wrong with their cultures. Obviously not all black people are gangsters, but that doesn't change the fact that quite a few of them are.

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, my two best friends and bandmates are Mexican as well. There's nothing wrong with Mexicans, black people etc., but there is plenty wrong with their cultures. Obviously not all black people are gangsters, but that doesn't change the fact that quite a few of them are.

now what exactly do you mean by that? you mean our culture such as what we listen to and eat? and holidays and such?

is there a problem with my tamale eating?

powerslave_85
02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Oh Christ, can we not do this?

Wizzbang11
02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
now what exactly do you mean by that? you mean our culture such as what we listen to and eat? and holidays and such?

is there a problem with my tamale eating?

No mexican food fucking rules. Same with mexican hospitality.
What doesn't rule is overly macho, sexist and religious assholes who treat animals like shit.

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 03:12 PM
so anywho....i wanna know where the hell they got that toilet picture from :lol:

Wizzbang11
02-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh Christ, can we not do this?

Are you denying this?

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 03:14 PM
What doesn't rule is overly macho, sexist and religious assholes who treat animals like shit.

Agreed...

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM

oh and as a add on i get what your saying man..every race has the assholes that create negative stereotypes, its just the way you said you didn't like the culture threw me off

idrinkwine732
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Cultural relativism debate is a go.

Wizzbang11
02-07-2011, 07:37 PM
All cultures suck, and anyone who has pride in their culture probably sucks :2cents:

slapguitarer
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM

I'm Mexican, and I totally agree.

Div
02-07-2011, 08:09 PM
1.) eventually all regressive cultures will be forgotten and the earth will have one collective human culture. look at the US and to a slightly lesser extent, the EU... thats the future baby.

2.) ED is composed entirely of satirical "tongue in cheek" articles for no purpose other than entertainment/trolling. dont take that shit too seriously.

Dextrimental
02-07-2011, 08:20 PM
2.) ED is composed entirely of satirical "tongue in cheek" articles for no purpose other than entertainment/trolling. dont take that shit too seriously.

This. Its created primarily to get the kind of reaction that Wizzbang provided in his original post. Its an encyclopedia created by trolls.

And the cultural debate, not all cultures suck. Theres not many in the western world I cann see that provide any kind of positive reinforcement for people, but there are aspects of mine I love and hate, just like anyone else.

Div
02-07-2011, 08:27 PM
And the cultural debate, not all cultures suck. Theres not many in the western world I cann see that provide any kind of positive reinforcement for people, but there are aspects of mine I love and hate, just like anyone else.

True.

What I was referring to about the cultures was more like, for example, the small ass backwards countries in the middle east where men stone their daughters to death for kissing a boy and then go eat dinner and sleep soundly while feeling they've just done a great service to allah. its only a matter of time before the rest of the world gets fed up with their shit and either lets them all kill each other or goes in and restructures their society by force.

Dextrimental
02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
True.

What I was referring to about the cultures was more like, for example, the small ass backwards countries in the middle east where men stone their daughters to death for kissing a boy and then go eat dinner and sleep soundly while feeling they've just done a great service to allah. its only a matter of time before the rest of the world gets fed up with their shit and either lets them all kill each other or goes in and restructures their society by force.

Oh absolutely, process has already started with America invading Iraq. A world police force will bully this out of people, so it will no longer matter what your religious beliefs are there will be one unified law unto man. Thats a very touchy issuethough, as there ae rights on wrongs on both side of the argument for such a thing.

Div
02-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh absolutely, process has already started with America invading Iraq. A world police force will bully this out of people, so it will no longer matter what your religious beliefs are there will be one unified law unto man. Thats a very touchy issuethough, as there ae rights on wrongs on both side of the argument for such a thing.

My theory is that eventually people will just realize the futility of maintaining countries and religions, and that we're all the same species. racial crossbreeding will abolish all races through time (unless some sort of massive genocide takes place) and we will focus our attention to discovering the rest of the universe and have some sort of extraterrestrial impact on the stars. i mean humanity itself seems like a waste if we never leave earth. its possible, i mean just one scientific breakthrough can change life so much on so many levels, the iron age, the industrial revolution, microprocessors, the internet, eventually nanotech...

...or maybe thats all bullshit and i just watched too much star trek when i was younger :tongue:

Dextrimental
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
My theory is that eventually people will just realize the futility of maintaining countries and religions, and that we're all the same species. racial crossbreeding will abolish all races through time (unless some sort of massive genocide takes place) and we will focus our attention to discovering the rest of the universe and have some sort of extraterrestrial impact on the stars. i mean humanity itself seems like a waste if we never leave earth. its possible, i mean just one scientific breakthrough can change life so much on so many levels, the iron age, the industrial revolution, microprocessors, the internet, eventually nanotech...

...or maybe thats all bullshit and i just watched too much star trek when i was younger :tongue:

Maybe, but I think we need people to think like that these days, not to get too philosophical, but I think we as humans need to think big like that every so often. My beliefs wouldn't be too far from that either, btw!

mankvill
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
what the fuck are you people talking about

Dextrimental
02-07-2011, 10:00 PM
what the fuck are you people talking about

The possibility of the diversity of the world being greatly reduced thanks to a universal police force and unified law system that will eliminate most countries and cultures beliefs in favour of one set of rules and regulations for the good of mankind as a whole.

powerslave_85
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
So...fascism?

Dextrimental
02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
So...fascism?

Glorified fascism, yes.

Back on topic, Emperor rule!

Fires Of Sedition
02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
So I pretty much hate like, all black metal. I like Behemoth (blackened death metal, I know) and some stuff by Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon.

Wizzbang11
02-08-2011, 06:08 AM
This. Its created primarily to get the kind of reaction that Wizzbang provided in his original post. Its an encyclopedia created by trolls.

I think you're confusing disappointment with the lack of hilarity of said ED article with my being offended. Plenty of stuff on that site is amazing, but I think the article's quality is lacking. Look at the trolling tips. With the exception of the Mystifier comment (I'm still not sure how that one is offensive :confused:) it's all ridiculous stuff that wouldn't offend anyone. Trolling requires a degree of subtlety, and black metal fans are prime targets, but like I said before I don't think whoever wrote the article is knowledgeable enough on the subject to actually write something that can effectively fuck with people.

larvtard
02-08-2011, 11:47 AM
My theory is that eventually people will just realize the futility of maintaining countries and religions, and that we're all the same species. racial crossbreeding will abolish all races through time (unless some sort of massive genocide takes place)

yeah...no. I just can't even see the possibility of that ever happening. I think most people like to be able to identify themselves as a part of some race, ethnic group, etc. Just look at history, nothing good has ever happened when the nation-state ratio has been greater than 1:1. I also don't think that humans are capable of really learning from history either.

treghet
02-08-2011, 02:01 PM
On the subject of black metal and trolling...

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/02/08/exclusive-burzum-launches-clothing-line/

Nick_to_the_face
02-08-2011, 07:15 PM

Same here. I don't agree with the whole cultures suck things. Just like every culture there are good and bad aspects to mine. Its people who do stupid shit in different cultures that create the negative stereotypes in cultures and create the negative in certain cultures. I'll admit some cultures are fucked up but not all of them

rjturtle9
02-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Peeked in thread. Time for me to gtfo.

RAZOR
02-09-2011, 09:52 AM
On the subject of black metal and trolling...

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/02/08/exclusive-burzum-launches-clothing-line/

That shark shirt's so kvlt.

Nick_to_the_face
02-10-2011, 04:05 AM
Peeked in thread. Time for me to gtfo.

probably the best..