PDA

View Full Version : Rites of Darkness III

Pages : [1] 2

Wizzbang11
02-06-2011, 12:08 PM
December 9 & 10 in San Antonio Texas.
ZEMIAL (First and only ever North American performance)
DEMIGOD (Finland)
MORTUARY DRAPE (Italy)
MOURNFUL CONGREGATION (Australia)
SARGEIST (Finland)
URFAUST (Netherlands)
IGNIVOMOUS (Australia)
INTERMENT (Sweden)
EVOKEN (NJ)
ANATOMIA (Japan)
WEAPON (Canada)
FUNEBRARUM (NJ)
CIANIDE (IL)
IMPETUOUS RITUAL (Australia)
HOUR OF 13 (NC)
MITOCHONDRION (Canada)
DEMONICAL (Sweden)
GRAVE UPHEAVAL (Australia)
DIVINE EVE (TX)
ADVERSARIAL (Canada)
ALDEBARAN (OR)
ANHEDONIST (WA)
ILSA (WA)
BIRTH A.D. (TX)
GRAVE RITUAL (GA)
P.L.F. (TX)
WARMASTER (TX)

mankvill
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
PLF is sooooo good :3

Womb
02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Shit is going to hit the fan after the next announcement. I expect many a "holy shit." :)

mankvill
02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Shit is going to hit the fan after the next announcement. I expect many a "holy shit." :)

And when will that be!

Is it

IRON MAIDEN?!

Wizzbang11
02-09-2011, 01:00 PM

Ahhhhhhhh can't wait!
I can't find the lineup for the first date (it had Nunslaughter & Midnight..right?) but last years bands were incredible. That'd be awesome if Nyogthaeblisz could play since they didn't make it.

Also, while the lineup is probably set, it would be fucking amazing if you brought GoatPenis out for the 2011 show they've been speaking of :D

brian
02-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Arghoslent?? GBK? Demoncy?

come onnnnnnnnn

Wizzbang11
02-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Arghoslent would be amazing.
They would also potentially cause trouble (same with GBK) but fuck that, that'd be quite an impressive sight.

elturtleboy
02-09-2011, 01:55 PM
PLF is sooooo good :3

:rocker:

brian
02-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Mitochondrion, Sargeist, Weapon, and Cianide added.

idrinkwine732
02-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Mitochondrion, Sargeist, Weapon, and Cianide added.

:drool:

Womb
02-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Haha, I meant the March announcement. The one on Friday/Saturday was impromptu. None of the headliners have been made public yet. ;)

brian
02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
when in March can we expect the next announcement?

Womb
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Next week. Probably March 1st.

Promoter says he's announcing them Feb 28th. He also said he may drop a few names at Immortal in San Antonio this Saturday.

brian
02-27-2011, 05:46 PM
I saw this online....legitimacy?

Mortuary Drape
Interment
Mournful Congregation
Ignivomous
Urfaust
Sargeist
Anatomia
Demigod
Mitochondrion
Weapon
Cianide
Adversarial
Grave Upheavel
Funebrarum
Evoken
Hour of 13
Demonical
Aldebaran
Anhedonist
Divine Eve
Birth A.D.
PLF
War Master

Wizzbang11
02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Dude if fucking Mortuary Drape are there.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should buy my plane tickets now if that lineup's legit.

idrinkwine732
02-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Holy shit that lineup is good

smearCampaign
02-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I saw this online....legitimacy?

Mortuary Drape
Interment
Mournful Congregation
Ignivomous
Urfaust
Sargeist
Anatomia
Demigod
Mitochondrion
Weapon
Cianide
Adversarial
Grave Upheavel
Funebrarum
Evoken
Hour of 13
Demonical
Aldebaran
Anhedonist
Divine Eve
Birth A.D.
PLF
War Master

That looks about right. They passed out a flyer at the Immortal show last night in San Antonio.

brian
02-27-2011, 06:34 PM
cool. Their FB page says that the next announcement will have 16 bands, so there should be a few more to look forward to then since only 12 were added here.

Womb
02-27-2011, 10:15 PM
The guy who posted couldn't read the other logos.. or he just forgot to type them all. ;)

Womb
02-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Si, senors. :D

NEWS AS OF 2/28/11

I understand December is pretty far away but hopefully you guys can arrange your travel arrangements to get to Texas. The festival will now officially take place for 3 days from December 9th to the 11th. Tickets will officially go on sale when all bands have been announced. Individual days will be announced shortly around then. Here are a few more bands set to decimate in December including ZEMIAL performing a special ritual for their first and only ever North American appearance:

MORTUARY DRAPE (Italy)
INTERMENT (Sweden)
ANATOMIA (Japan)
DEMONICAL (Sweden)
HOUR OF 13 (NC)
DIVINE EVE (TX)
ADVERSARIAL (Canada)
ALDEBARAN (OR)
ANHEDONIST (SE)
ILSA (WA)
GRAVE RITUAL (GA)
BIRTH A.D. (TX)

The full line up is as follows:

DEMIGOD (Finland)
MORTUARY DRAPE (Italy)
SARGEIST (Finland)
URFAUST (Netherlands)
IGNIVOMOUS (Australia)
INTERMENT (Sweden)
EVOKEN (NJ)
ANATOMIA (Japan)
WEAPON (Canada)
FUNEBRARUM (NJ)
CIANIDE (IL)
HOUR OF 13 (NC)
MITOCHONDRION (Canada)
DEMONICAL (Sweden)
DIVINE EVE (TX)
ADVERSARIAL (Canada)
ALDEBARAN (OR)
ANHEDONIST (SE)
ILSA (WA)
BIRTH A.D. (TX)
GRAVE RITUAL (GA)
P.L.F. (TX)
WARMASTER (TX)

SEE YOU IN DECEMBER!

Wizzbang11
02-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I am there!

Womb
03-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Adorior, Loss, Vasaeleth, and Blaspherian added.

idrinkwine732
03-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Adorior

Holy fucking shit.

DethMaiden
03-08-2011, 10:39 PM
MDF and CIM, step the fuck aside.

Womb
03-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Behexen added!

treghet
03-13-2011, 05:18 PM
This is too much awesomeness for me to handle.

larvtard
03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
:lol: Call me a noob all you want, but I've heard of maybe two of these bands...someone help me out.

treghet
03-13-2011, 06:56 PM
:lol: Call me a noob all you want, but I've heard of maybe two of these bands...someone help me out.

Start out with Demigod, Mortuary Drape, and Funebrarum. :D And Demonical and Interment.

larvtard
03-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Start out with Demigod, Mortuary Drape, and Funebrarum. :D And Demonical and Interment.

Okay thanks man, will do. I've heard of Interment, they put out a pretty decent album last year.

Wizzbang11
03-13-2011, 08:10 PM

Mortuary Drape are easily one of the greatest occult acts of all time. Get everything and ignore the horrendous album cover of their last one.
Sargiest and Behexen and essentially the same thing, both are awesome.
Cianide are amazing, as is the Demigod album that will be played. The whole lineup is fantastic.

idrinkwine732
03-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Mortuary Drape are easily one of the greatest occult acts of all time. Get everything and ignore the horrendous album cover of their last one.

Their last album as a whole can be ignored, if you ask me...

Wizzbang11
03-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Their last album as a whole can be ignored, if you ask me...

It's no All Witches Dance but I think it's better than most black metal stuff these days.

larvtard
03-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Okay, I just came here to say that OH MY FUCKING GOD DEMIGOD IS AMAZING HOLY FUCK

Womb
03-26-2011, 07:54 AM
In recent days, Stargazer (AUS), Cruciamentum (UK), Midnight (OH), and Plutocracy (CA) have been added.

DethMaiden
03-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Never heard Plutocracy but the other three rule. All hail hell!

Wizzbang11
03-26-2011, 09:36 AM
MIDNIGHT!!! FINALLY!!!

larvtard
03-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I gotta listen to those four bands. I've actually been listening to the lineup for a couple weeks now, and I can say that I kinda really wanna go now...

Wizzbang11
03-26-2011, 02:58 PM
I gotta listen to those four bands. I've actually been listening to the lineup for a couple weeks now, and I can say that I kinda really wanna go now...

Midnight is the greatest Rock N Roll (black n roll, rape rock, whatever you want to call it) band currently active. They are so fucking good. Get Complete And Total Fucking Midnight and Farewell to Hell right now!

Womb
03-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Here's a few more to listen to. ;)

Ondskapt, Wodensthrone, Oak, and Hellvetron will be playing the pre-fest the Thursday before the fest.

treghet
03-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Onnnddddddssssssskapt :cool:

DethMaiden
03-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuck, Wodensthrone!?

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Midnight is the greatest Rock N Roll (black n roll, rape rock, whatever you want to call it) band currently active.

I had no idea Rape Rock was a genre...

Midnight is fucking sweet though

Wizzbang11
03-28-2011, 01:57 PM
I had no idea Rape Rock was a genre...

Midnight is fucking sweet though

It isn't really, it's what the Mentors called their music and for some reason Ive run into people calling Midnight it (they sing about rape a lot, but I think it's a pretty stupid genre name.)

I'm actually glad I don't care about any of the prefest bands, doubt I could make it there by thursday.

Womb
03-28-2011, 06:28 PM
It isn't really, it's what the Mentors called their music and for some reason Ive run into people calling Midnight it (they sing about rape a lot, but I think it's a pretty stupid genre name.)

I'm actually glad I don't care about any of the prefest bands, doubt I could make it there by thursday.

Well hopefully none of the pre-fest additions make you feel otherwise. Should be a couple more.

DethMaiden
03-28-2011, 08:35 PM
If it hasn't already been established: Womb, are you associated with the festival? Just curious.

Wizzbang11
03-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Well hopefully none of the pre-fest additions make you feel otherwise. Should be a couple more.

Oh god..I probably will haha. I had my fingers crossed that would be it. If I don't have finals thursday..hmm...

Womb
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
It's not my show; I'm not the promoter though I do know him. But I really want as many people as possible hear about it. It's in my best interest to see that there's a 4th edition in 2012 since I'm excited to see so many of these bands.

I guess I haven't really listed out who I personally want to see. In alphabetical order, I'm looking forward to seeing Behexen, Evoken, Funebrarum, Hour of 13, Ignivomous, Ilsa, Impetuous Ritual, Loss, Mortuary Drape, Mournful Congregation, Sargeist, Stargazer, Urfaust, Vasaeleth (again), and Weapon. And then Ondskapt, Wodensthrone, and Oak for the pre-fest.

Basically I like doom and black metal.

mankvill
04-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Rites of Darkness
ANTAEUS will be performing an exclusive reunion show at RITES OF DARKNESS 3! This will be their only show in the US! Joining them will be TRIBULATION and VALKYRJA from Sweden. And no, we are not done yet.

---

No fucking way. That does it. I have to go to this now.

Womb
04-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Ha, you beat me to it. But I think I saw you on last.fm as well.

There are still a few bands to announce. Still working on the details.

mankvill
04-08-2011, 12:46 AM
I am seriously, seriously considering saving and going to this.

Do you have any tips on good places to stay that are close/within walking distance of the venue?

Womb
04-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Um.. last year Alamo Lodge was the main place to stay. It's cheap and there's usually a fest discount. But be warned.. can be exceptionally dirty/broken down/disgusting depending on the room you get. I brought my own pillow and blankets last year. I'm sure people will gravitate towards this place because of previous fests/parties being held there.

Other place we'll be doing discounts is the Rodeway Inn, which I haven't been to but I hear is better.

Last year the bands all stayed at one place but they'll be split up a bit more this time due to their own preferences for partying or privacy.

But yeah.. there will be hotel suggestions on the website, whenever it's up again.

mankvill
04-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Awesome. It's too early to even choose December from Southwest.com, so I'll make those decisions later, lol.

larvtard
04-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Tribulation is amazing. Even better than Demigod. I'll be starting college next year, so I don't know when my finals are, but if I'm free I am definitely going to this.

larvtard
04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Tribulation is amazing. Even better than Demigod. I'll be starting college next year, so I don't know when my finals are, but if I'm free I am definitely going to this.

I'm not :(

Dammit, I really wanted to go to this.:bouville:

larvtard
04-08-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm not :(

Dammit, I really wanted to go to this.:bouville:

It's a long shot but if I'm well enough-prepared for my exams, I may be able to fly out just for Saturday and Sunday...doubt it though. In any case, have the running lineups for each day been designed yet, and if so, when will they be announced?

Womb
04-08-2011, 02:15 PM
The promoter posted a rough estimation. It does NOT include all the confirmed bands. Some of them depend on work schedules and such. We plan to have that information available before tickets go on sale.

Here was what he posted.. in no particular order.

Friday:
Adorior
Butcher ABC
Impetuous Ritual
Cruciamentum
Weapon
Birth A.D.
P.L.F.

Saturday:
Zemial
Mortuary Drape
Cianide
Ignivomous
Midnight
Adversarial
Blaspherian
Warmaster

Sunday:
Mournful Congregation
Grave Upheaval
Urfaust
Mitochondrion
Vasaeleth

larvtard
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
The promoter posted a rough estimation. It does NOT include all the confirmed bands. Some of them depend on work schedules and such. We plan to have that information available before tickets go on sale.

Here was what he posted.. in no particular order.

Friday:
Adorior
Butcher ABC
Impetuous Ritual
Cruciamentum
Weapon
Birth A.D.
P.L.F.

Saturday:
Zemial
Mortuary Drape
Cianide
Ignivomous
Midnight
Adversarial
Blaspherian
Warmaster

Sunday:
Mournful Congregation
Grave Upheaval
Urfaust
Mitochondrion
Vasaeleth

Friday is a definite (Adorior, Weapon, PLF), Saturday I only care about Adversarial, Sunday I only care about Mitochondrion. You're right though, it's missing a tons of bands.
Godammit, I can't even go Friday :mad:

Oh, and I don't know if this was ever made clear or not, but who are the actual headliners? I'm guessing Demigod is one?

Womb
04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Antaeus and possibly 2 others that haven't been announced would be the headliners. If not.. then I would guess Zemial/Demigod. That's another reason why the running lineup isn't complete or even near so. Depends on who else we get.

mankvill
04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Hmmmmm. You should get...

Birdflesh

combustion07
04-08-2011, 02:45 PM
December 9 & 10 in San Antonio Texas.
DEMIGOD (Finland)
MORTUARY DRAPE (Italy)
SARGEIST (Finland)
IGNIVOMOUS (Australia)
FUNEBRARUM (NJ)
CIANIDE (IL)
DEMONICAL (Sweden)
ADVERSARIAL (Canada)
ILSA (WA)
BIRTH A.D. (TX)
GRAVE RITUAL (GA)

Son of a bitch!

NecroRob
04-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Antaeus and Tribulation :drool:

brian
04-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Antaeus and possibly 2 others that haven't been announced would be the headliners. If not.. then I would guess Zemial/Demigod. That's another reason why the running lineup isn't complete or even near so. Depends on who else we get.

Guessing Strid is a headliner?

idrinkwine732
04-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Where is Tribulation from?

christopher
04-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Hmmmmm. You should get...

Birdflesh

And General Surgery :drool:

treghet
04-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Where is Tribulation from?

Sweden.

mankvill
04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
And General Surgery :drool:

Or Haemmorhage!

Womb
04-09-2011, 02:31 PM
There are two Swedish Tribulations. The one playing the fest is the death/thrash one who put out the album The Horror in 2009.

Womb
04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
ARES KINGDOM to join ONDSKAPT, WODENSTHRONE, OAK and HELLVETRON on the prefest, Thursday, December 8th.

mankvill
04-14-2011, 05:22 PM
ARES KINGDOM to join ONDSKAPT, WODENSTHRONE, OAK and HELLVETRON on the prefest, Thursday, December 8th.

*hitches a ride down with Ares Kingdom*

I'm seeing them right down the road from me in September, I'll let everyone know how awesome they are. :D

mankvill
05-11-2011, 07:35 PM
ROOT ADDED

HOLY SHIT

smearCampaign
05-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Wow... this is going to be an epic weekend. Not exactly bands you see touring all the time. :rocker:

mankvill
05-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Wow... this is going to be an epic weekend. Not exactly bands you see touring all the time. :rocker:

are you going? :D

also: pffft, most metal festivals are just "this random tour plus locals"

smearCampaign
05-12-2011, 08:18 AM

Ha. I missed it last year and am not making that mistake again good sir.

larvtard
05-12-2011, 09:18 AM

He lives an hour and a half away from the fest, I'd be seriously disappointed if he wasn't going. Besides, I need someone to live vicariously through. :hmm:

Fuck midterm exams.

mankvill
05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Ha. I missed it last year and am not making that mistake again good sir.

I'm 98% going, so maybe we can meet up and slap hands!

smearCampaign
05-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm 98% going, so maybe we can meet up and slap hands!

It's a high-five date!

mankvill
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
From the NWN! Forums

Friday:

Root
Weapon
(TBA band)
Butcher ABC
Adorior
Nunslaughter
Stargazer
Demonical
Grave Upheval
Loss
Divine Eve
P.L.F.
Birth A.D.

Saturday:
Mortuary Drape
(TBA band)
(TBA band)
Zemial
Sargeist
Tribulation
Ignivomous
Funebrarum
Evoken
Cianide
Hour of 13
Plutocracy
Midnight
Adversarial

Sunday:
Mournful Congregation
Antaeus
Behexen
Demigod
Urfaust
Interment
Mitochondrion
Strid
Impetuous Ritual
Anatomia
Cruciamentum
Vasaeleth

TBA Bands, eh? :eek:

idrinkwine732
06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
I thought Kronos was on this?

brian
06-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I thought Kronos was on this?

If they are, they haven't been announced.

Some of the bands like Akitsa are missing from that lineup so maybe they'll be in the TBA slots? I'm pretty sure they mentioned at least one more aside from them though, and it's already beyond stacked.

Wizzbang11
06-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Do you guys think the lineups are based on how big the band is?
I'm shocked that Nunslaughter would be considered smaller than Butcher ABC,
Adorior and Weapon, but maybe it's the travel involved.
Same goes for Midnight being under Hour of 13, Midnight are huge(within the crowd that would attend RoD.)

brian
06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Same goes for Midnight being under Hour of 13, Midnight are huge(within the crowd that would attend RoD.)

Nah. Impetuous Ritual over Vasaeleth? Zemial over Sargeist?

Wizzbang11
06-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Nah. Impetuous Ritual over Vasaeleth? Zemial over Sargeist?

I can see Zemial over Sargeist, but it's close. I'm sure the reason they ended up that way is Zemial's "only American performance ever" thing.

brian
06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Eh to be honest, I'd never even heard of Zemial until they were announced for this festival. Most of the people I know hadn't either and we knew most of the other bands. On lastfm, Zemial has 4k listeners and Sargeist has 20k, so it's a weird decision for sure. I'm glad they were announced though...the Zemial record is great.

mankvill
06-07-2011, 03:21 PM

I think Butcher ABC is so high up because they're from pajan.

Wizzbang11
06-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I think Butcher ABC is so high up because they're from pajan.

I wonder if they survived the nuclear holocaust that happened there a few months ago

mankvill
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Dead Congregation confirmed for Saturday

mankvill
06-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Tix on sale now!

smearCampaign
06-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Tix on sale now!

Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered my ticket. :rocker:

mankvill
06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered my ticket. :rocker:

Me too!

I have a flight to take, but I'm still making my mind up about the hotel/car situation.

larvtard
06-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Me too!

I have a flight to take, but I'm still making my mind up about the hotel/car situation.

why not just walk?

also: just listened to Antaeus! holy shit :drool: Root are also very good

mankvill
06-13-2011, 02:09 PM
why not just walk?

also: just listened to Antaeus! holy shit :drool: Root are also very good

That's what I'm thinking about doing. A lot of people said they walked from the Super 8 to the White Rabbit last year and it wasn't a big hassle.

And yeah, Antaeus is the reason I'm going to this. Inner War was one of my first metal songs, and Blood War III is one of my favorite metal songs ever. I CAN'T WAIT :drool:

Root fucking rules too and is legendary :cool:

mankvill
06-13-2011, 04:46 PM
DRAWN & QUARTERED announced as the final band for the pre-fest.

Looks like this:

ONDKSAPT (SWE)
ARES KINGDOM (US)
DRAWN & QUARTERED (US)
WODENSTHRONE (UK)
DISPIRIT (CA)
OAK (MD)
HELLVETRON (TX)
STURMGEWHER (TX)

---

Friday, December 9th :

Root
(TBA band)
Demigod
Nunslaughter
Stargazer
Weapon
Butcher ABC
Impetuous Ritual
Adorior
Demonical
Loss
Grave Ritual
Birth A.D.
P.L.F.
Warmaster

---

Saturday, December 10th:

Mortuary Drape
(TBA band)
Zemial
Dead Congregation
Sargeist
Igvinomous
Tribulation
Cianide
Evoken
Midnight
Grave Upheaval
Funebrarum
Plutocracy
Adversarial
Divine Eve
Aldebaran
Blaspherian

---

Antaeus
Mournful Congregation
Behexen
Strid
Interment
Urfaust
Anatomia
Valkyrja
Cruciamentum
Hour of 13
Mitochondrion
Vasaeleth
Ilsa
Anhedonist

larvtard
06-13-2011, 05:58 PM
That's what I'm thinking about doing. A lot of people said they walked from the Super 8 to the White Rabbit last year and it wasn't a big hassle.

And yeah, Antaeus is the reason I'm going to this. Inner War was one of my first metal songs, and Blood War III is one of my favorite metal songs ever. I CAN'T WAIT :drool:

Root fucking rules too and is legendary :cool:

not at the White Rabbit anymore.

Also I was listening to Root on last.fm and I was thinking "this really fucking sucks, hmmm" and then I realized it was the wrong Root :lol:

Wizzbang11
06-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Im officially going now.

larvtard
06-13-2011, 10:13 PM
I just checked my college's academic calendar again. As long as I can move my exams on Friday and Monday I should be good. I'm just not sure if it's worth the hassle :eyes::snivel:

You college kids out there, how hard is it to reschedule exams? Do professors resent you for it?

christopher
06-13-2011, 10:37 PM
I just checked my college's academic calendar again. As long as I can move my exams on Friday and Monday I should be good. I'm just not sure if it's worth the hassle :eyes::snivel:

You college kids out there, how hard is it to reschedule exams? Do professors resent you for it?

Well if you tell them you had plane tickets to somewhere for months before the class even started, then you can probably get away with changing the exam to an earlier date. They never let you take the exam late unless you somehow get into some insane accident and wind up in the hospital. Good luck on it. I wanted to move my Physics exam I have tomorrow from 4-6pm up a few days but didn't think Motley Crue/Poison pregaming was a good enough reason :lol:

mankvill
06-13-2011, 10:40 PM
not at the White Rabbit anymore.

yes it is, shut your fucking mouth and quit scaring me like that :hecho:

The Pre-Fest isn't at the White Rabbit.

illuminatus917
06-13-2011, 10:58 PM

It depends on the professor. I've never had to reschedule one, but I know with some professors it would've been no sweat, and with others they would've said "either take it on the designated date or take a 0." The latter though would definitely be a rarer case.

You most likely won't have a problem working it out.

smearCampaign
06-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Me too!

I will be driving in from Austin, so I can probably help some people out with rides if necessary.

larvtard
06-14-2011, 07:58 AM
It depends on the professor. I've never had to reschedule one, but I know with some professors it would've been no sweat, and with others they would've said "either take it on the designated date or take a 0." The latter though would definitely be a rarer case.

You most likely won't have a problem working it out.

Didn't you say you rescheduled exams for the GY!BE show in Athens?

Well if you tell them you had plane tickets to somewhere for months before the class even started, then you can probably get away with changing the exam to an earlier date. They never let you take the exam late unless you somehow get into some insane accident and wind up in the hospital. Good luck on it. I wanted to move my Physics exam I have tomorrow from 4-6pm up a few days but didn't think Motley Crue/Poison pregaming was a good enough reason :lol:

I won't get plane tix until I'm sure they'll let me, though.

yes it is, shut your fucking mouth and quit scaring me like that :hecho:

The Pre-Fest isn't at the White Rabbit.

I dunno man, I know what I saw on their Facebook page... :tongue:

illuminatus917
06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Didn't you say you rescheduled exams for the GY!BE show in Athens?

Yes, but aren't we talking about final exams here? I had to reschedule two during-semester exams (I think) for that show. I've never rescheduled a final exam that I remember, however. Finals will be more difficult to reschedule because most universities operate on a school-wide exam schedule the last few days of the semester, meaning it's up to the university, not the professor, to decide when each class takes its final.

Regardless, I think if you talk to your professor early in the semester about it, and say you have plane tickets for those dates, you'll be able to work it out.

larvtard
06-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Yes, but aren't we talking about final exams here? I had to reschedule two during-semester exams (I think) for that show. I've never rescheduled a final exam that I remember, however. Finals will be more difficult to reschedule because most universities operate on a school-wide exam schedule the last few days of the semester, meaning it's up to the university, not the professor, to decide when each class takes its final.

Regardless, I think if you talk to your professor early in the semester about it, and say you have plane tickets for those dates, you'll be able to work it out.

All right, gotcha. I'll probably end up not going to the fest because I'm too afraid to ask :bouville:

illuminatus917
06-14-2011, 11:59 AM
All right, gotcha. I'll probably end up not going to the fest because I'm too afraid to ask :bouville:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But then you won't get to hang with your buds Wine, Mankvill, and Wizz. And you'll miss a killer show.

larvtard
06-14-2011, 12:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But then you won't get to hang with your buds Wine, Mankvill, and Wizz. And you'll miss a killer show.

But I'm socially awkward and afraid of confrontations... :snivel:

I'm just concerned that if the professor says no, then he/she'll resent me for the rest of the semester for asking. I know that sounds ridiculous, but hey, social phobia is ridiculous. (ShatteredFlame can probably attest to this)

Wizzbang11
06-14-2011, 12:06 PM
But I'm socially awkward and afraid of confrontations... :snivel:

I'm just concerned that if the professor says no, then he/she'll resent me for the rest of the semester for asking. I know that sounds ridiculous, but hey, social phobia is ridiculous. (ShatteredFlame can probably attest to this)

Claim it's a family reunion or some shit, and not a metal festival. That way even if they say no it's not like "so you thought a concert was better than the class.."

Natrlhi
06-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Claim it's a family reunion or some shit, and not a metal festival. That way even if they say no it's not like "so you thought a concert was better than the class.."Point of clarification: A metal concert - even a mediocre one - IS "better than the class". Even having a hangnail is better than most classes.

I think you probably meant to say "more important than the class". ;)

Wizzbang11
06-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Point of clarification: A metal concert - even a mediocre one - IS "better than the class". Even having a hangnail is better than most classes.

I think you probably meant to say "more important than the class". ;)

I was entering the hypothetical mind of the professor!

mankvill
06-14-2011, 12:33 PM
I dunno man, I know what I saw on their Facebook page... :tongue:

You lie. :mad: And they have a link to the White Rabbit in their info part on Facebook

larvtard
06-14-2011, 12:40 PM
You lie. :mad: And they have a link to the White Rabbit in their info part on Facebook

Oh you're right, I did read it wrong. Hahaha you were so freaked out back there when you actually thought it may be at a different venue :D

Claim it's a family reunion or some shit, and not a metal festival. That way even if they say no it's not like "so you thought a concert was better than the class.."

haha, maybe. Though I do kinda owe it to you to at least try, after you decided to miss Autopsy so you could see me :lovedup:

Womb
06-14-2011, 08:10 PM
The fest is still at the Rabbit. The pre-fest will be at another venue.

mankvill
06-14-2011, 09:15 PM
The fest is still at the Rabbit. The pre-fest will be at another venue.

:lovedup:

idrinkwine732
06-15-2011, 06:40 AM
A lot of me going depends on my employment situation over the next week or two, if I can find a job, then I can go for sure. If I can't, I might have to get creative to get the money.

larvtard
06-15-2011, 09:48 AM
A lot of me going depends on my employment situation over the next week or two, if I can find a job, then I can go for sure. If I can't, I might have to get creative to get the money.

You're just getting a job now? You're gonna have a difficult time finding an employer that'll give you a job for two months.

Wizzbang11
06-15-2011, 09:56 AM
I wonder if BrutalDescent will make it out to this one.

larvtard
06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I wonder if BrutalDescent will make it out to this one.

:lol: Too bad he hasn't heard of any of these bands

idrinkwine732
06-15-2011, 10:59 AM
You're just getting a job now? You're gonna have a difficult time finding an employer that'll give you a job for two months.

I've been applying for a few months, I'm not too optimistic. Employers are weird though. I could maybe convince my current employer to pay me, but that conversation would get awkward quick, especially since I'm not the most model employee for him. I dunno, it's probably a 30/70 thing right now.

illuminatus917
06-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Ebay is the way, the truth, and the light.

What Hell is About
06-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Someone please record vids of Evoken!!!

mankvill
06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Just booked flight + hotel

fuck year

larvtard
06-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Just booked flight + hotel

fuck year

you should've waited on the flight, prices get cheaper after the summer months :nonono:

mankvill
06-23-2011, 01:27 PM
you should've waited on the flight, prices get cheaper after the summer months :nonono:

really?

I looked a few days ago and was hesitant because they were sort of expensive, then today they were A LOT cheaper.

:cool:

llama lom
06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Southwest is doing some $40 deal thing today.

mankvill
06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Southwest is doing some $40 deal thing today.

Yeah, I got that. :cool:

larvtard
06-23-2011, 02:36 PM
really?

I looked a few days ago and was hesitant because they were sort of expensive, then today they were A LOT cheaper.

:cool:

well, yeah, prices fluctuate, but I think generally prices are highest during the summer. how much did you get it for?

mankvill
06-23-2011, 02:47 PM
well, yeah, prices fluctuate, but I think generally prices are highest during the summer. how much did you get it for?

I got 3 day pass, airfare, and hotel for $500

smearCampaign
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
I got 3 day pass, airfare, and hotel for $500

Nice. What hotel are you staying at? I was going to start looking into accommodations as well.

mankvill
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice. What hotel are you staying at? I was going to start looking into accommodations as well.

The Super 8 really close to the White Rabbit. I heard it's not too great, but it's really close.

larvtard
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM
The Super 8 really close to the White Rabbit. I heard it's not too great, but it's really close.

will it fit all of us? :cool:

mankvill
06-23-2011, 06:20 PM

:mad:

smearCampaign
06-24-2011, 11:17 AM
I am considering staying at a campground that's about 15 minutes away and I can just take the bus to the venue and a taxi back whatever nights I want to drink. At least I know my sleeping bag won't have bedbugs. Cost of camping plus cab rides are less than half the price of most of the hotels.

My first show at the White Rabbit was the evening with Amon Amarth this spring and for all of the stuff I read online the neighborhood that the venue is in really isn't that shitty and it didn't seem extremely dangerous or anything. Of course my baseline of comparison for danger level is Detroit.

Wizzbang11
06-24-2011, 11:25 AM

Apparently just me and the 3-4 women I'll be bringing home each night.

larvtard
06-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Apparently just me and the 3-4 women I'll be bringing home each night.

So yes, then?

Womb
06-28-2011, 01:22 PM
There are a substantial number of chicks coming, judging from ticket sales. :)

mankvill
06-28-2011, 01:29 PM

See, this is the type of info we require!

high five!

idrinkwine732
06-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Surprisingly enough, the chick population at shows like this always is relatively high.

Wizzbang11
06-29-2011, 12:23 PM
I was only half joking. In the course of the planning there have been 3 different women that would potentially have been staying with Jackson and I, but now it's back to the two of us.

larvtard
06-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I was only half joking. In the course of the planning there have been 3 different women that would potentially have been staying with Jackson and I, but now it's back to the two of us.

:bawling::wallbang:

The Weapon guy's girlfriend that you're friends with?

Anyways...I think I may purchase a ticket when the third batch goes on sale just in case. It seems that they are in high demand, and while I would like to buy one once I'm sure it's viable (end of August/beginning of September), I don't think any will be left by then. What do you guys recommend? I think that I'll be able to sell it fairly easily if I can't go, judging by demand.

Wizzbang11
07-02-2011, 10:55 AM
:bawling::wallbang:

The Weapon guy's girlfriend that you're friends with?

Anyways...I think I may purchase a ticket when the third batch goes on sale just in case. It seems that they are in high demand, and while I would like to buy one once I'm sure it's viable (end of August/beginning of September), I don't think any will be left by then. What do you guys recommend? I think that I'll be able to sell it fairly easily if I can't go, judging by demand.

Yes, one of them.
I say buy it and if you can't figure it out, Im sure it will be really easy to sell.

mankvill
07-03-2011, 02:18 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270561_2009127986444_1191030122_32073846_7412591_n .jpg

FUCK I AM SO EXCITED

Also you can't really tell but I'm wearing my Celtic Frost shirt that I bought at their concert <3

Wizzbang11
07-03-2011, 02:50 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270749_2204950089480_1419222609_2491035_2598009_n. jpg

FUCK I AM SO EXCITED.

That's a table.

mankvill
07-03-2011, 02:53 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270749_2204950089480_1419222609_2491035_2598009_n. jpg

FUCK I AM SO EXCITED.

That's a table.

Did you also buy that table at a Celtic Frost show?

BlackmoreOfBowling
07-04-2011, 08:51 PM
I see the tickets come with a free table in some instances, and Celtic Frost-shirt wearing mannequins in others...

mankvill
07-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I see the tickets come with a free table in some instances, and Celtic Frost-shirt wearing mannequins in others...

My Celtic Frost mannequin cost extra :x

larvtard
07-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Bought. Hope I don't regret this/hope my parents don't check my online balance (because I didn't tell them about this :snivel: they would've said no)

masterguy49
07-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Bought. Hope I don't regret this/hope my parents don't check my online balance (because I didn't tell them about this :snivel: they would've said no)

Im going to slap you when I meet you for being such a pansy.

mankvill
07-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Apparently, they have two more bands to announce and they tried to get Bolt Thrower and Cobalt, but it wouldn't work. :O

treghet
07-09-2011, 10:29 PM
If they got Bolt Thrower my jealousy level would have gone through the roof. There's enough awesome bands for you guys already. ;)

daimonos
07-09-2011, 10:31 PM
If they got Bolt Thrower my jealousy level would have gone through the roof. There's enough awesome bands for you guys already. ;)

they get to see motherfucking Weapon. If you don't know anything about them Manks, check them out, right now.

DethMaiden
07-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Apparently, they have two more bands to announce and they tried to get Bolt Thrower and Cobalt, but it wouldn't work. :O

This audience wouldn't go for Cobalt. I dunno what Wodensthrone is doing there, either.

mankvill
07-09-2011, 11:25 PM
This audience wouldn't go for Cobalt. I dunno what Wodensthrone is doing there, either.

To be fair, they're on the pre-fest.

with Drawn And Quartered, but still ;)

smearCampaign
07-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Perhaps ABSU as one of the TBA bands?

idrinkwine732
07-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I would fly across the country to see Cobalt play...

Womb
07-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Promoter tried to get Cobalt and it isn't happening.

"Cobalt won't happen this year. He is still overseas on duty. They would be a welcome addition next year though."

mankvill
07-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Pagan Altar confirmed for Saturday. One more band tba

smearCampaign
07-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Fuck. I just got back to Austin after 3 weeks home in Michigan and my ticket was not in the mail when I returned. I hope it wasn't lost in the mail or some shit. :bouville:

larvtard
07-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Fuck. I just got back to Austin after 3 weeks home in Michigan and my ticket was not in the mail when I returned. I hope it wasn't lost in the mail or some shit. :bouville:

What batch did you order from? I e-mailed them and they said they're still sending out tickets from the second batch.

smearCampaign
07-19-2011, 05:11 AM
What batch did you order from? I e-mailed them and they said they're still sending out tickets from the second batch.

I ordered in the first batch unfortunately. But I have my Paypal receipt and I sent them an email last night, so hopefully there is not an issue.

Womb
08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Ondskapt canceled and was replaced with Hell Militia.

larvtard
08-11-2011, 07:13 PM

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270561_2009127986444_1191030122_32073846_7412591_n .jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-CKn5fXoREx4/TkSLnLpIK-I/AAAAAAAAAMg/JjgiajR0D_k/h120/IMG_3936.JPGHEY U GUISE I GOT ONE TOO

mankvill
08-11-2011, 07:15 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-CKn5fXoREx4/TkSLnLpIK-I/AAAAAAAAAMg/JjgiajR0D_k/h120/IMG_3936.JPGHEY U GUISE I GOT ONE TOO

WHERE'S YOUR TABLE

Womb
08-12-2011, 06:48 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/moonblood/Photo0857.jpg

All I have is one day passes. :(

larvtard
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
WHERE'S YOUR TABLE

TABLES AREN'T TRVE

mankvill
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
TABLES AREN'T TRVE

No table + no Celtic Frost shirt = I'm gonna punch you when I see you down there

larvtard
08-12-2011, 08:08 PM
No table + no Celtic Frost shirt = I'm gonna punch you when I see you down there

BRING IT :allan:

Wizzbang11
08-17-2011, 10:57 AM
No table. Lame.

I wonder who would win in a fight between you two. Jackson for pure mass, but maybe Logan(shh) has insane skills or something.

larvtard
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I wonder who would win in a fight between you two. Jackson for pure mass, but maybe Logan(shh) has insane skills or something.

:lol:

smearCampaign
09-08-2011, 12:48 PM
"INQUISITION is the last confirmed band for ROD III. They will be playing Friday, December 9th."

http://www.facebook.com/RITESOFDARKNESS

mankvill
09-08-2011, 12:49 PM
FUCK yeah!

treghet
09-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow... nice. :drool:

Wizzbang11
09-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Had my fingers crossed for Arghoslent, but Inquisition are pretty cool. Only a few months away!

Womb
09-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Venue has changed to Backstage Live. All tickets will be honored.

Friday and Sunday will take place inside but Saturday will be OUTSIDE. This is due to the venue having booked the inside stage for that night already.

There are a lot of hotels near the new venue so you may want to change your reservation. No discounts have been secured yet.

And, more importantly, tickets for the fest AND pre-fest will resume sometime soon. Hopefully next week.

mankvill
09-09-2011, 09:38 PM
cancelling my hotel reservation now

booking new hotel asap :D

what are ones near the venue? any with deals?

mankvill
09-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Urfaust canceled

ShatteredFlame
09-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Urfaust canceled

wow, they came over and did 3 shows a few weeks ago

larvtard
09-28-2011, 08:14 PM
just in case Womb comes on here... any way I can sell my ticket??

smearCampaign
09-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Urfaust canceled

Damn, that's too bad. Sunday will still be great.

just in case Womb comes on here... any way I can sell my ticket??

LAME.

I booked a room at the Red Roof Inn that's two blocks from the venue if anyone needs a place to crash.

mankvill
09-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I booked a room at the Red Roof Inn that's two blocks from the venue if anyone needs a place to crash.

Dayan and I will be there, son!

Get ready to see what a party animal I am!

I'm totally going to be drinking lots of ENERGY DRINKS and smoking tons of PIXIE STICKS and blasting BEN FOLDS FIVE until the wee hours of the morning!

smearCampaign
09-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Dayan and I will be there, son!

Get ready to see what a party animal I am!

I'm totally going to be drinking lots of ENERGY DRINKS and smoking tons of PIXIE STICKS and blasting BEN FOLDS FIVE until the wee hours of the morning!

Oh shit!! Be careful, the pixie sticks in Texas are serious stuff!

I'm digging the Zemial EP from this year. Good stuff.

moobys37
09-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Disma added.

mankvill
09-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Disma added.

VERY cool.

smearCampaign
09-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Disma added.

mankvill
10-05-2011, 02:14 PM
New running order:

Friday December 9:
ROOT (Czech Republic) First ever US performance
DEMIGOD (Finland) [Slumber of Sullen Eyes-era line-up]
INQUISITION (WA)
NUNSLAUGHTER (OH)
STARGAZER (Australia)
WEAPON (Canada)
BUTCHER ABC (Japan)
ADORIOR (England)
DEMONICAL (Sweden)
LOSS (TE)
GRAVE RITUAL (GA)
BIRTH A.D. (TX)
P.L.F. (TX)
WARMASTER (TX)

Saturday December 10:
MORTUARY DRAPE (Italy) First time in North America
PAGAN ALTAR (UK) Exclusive US performance
ZEMIAL (Greece) First and only ever North American performance
DEAD CONGREGATION (Greece) Exclusive US performance
SARGEIST (Finland) Exclusive North American performance
IGNIVOMOUS (Australia)
TRIBULATION (Sweden)
CIANIDE (IL)
EVOKEN (NJ)
MIDNIGHT (OH)
DISMA (NJ)
PLUTOCRACY (CA)
ADVERSARIAL (Canada)
DIVINE EVE (TX)
ALDEBARAN (OR)
BLASPHERIAN (TX)
VASAELETH (GA)
ILSA (DC)
ANHEDONIST (WA)

Sunday December 11:
ANTAEUS (France) Exclusive North American performance
BEHEXEN (Finland) Exclusive North American performance
STRID (Norway)
AKITSA (Canada) Exclusive US performance
INTERMENT (Sweden)
ANATOMIA (Japan)
FUNEBRARUM (NJ)
VALKYRJA (Sweden)
CRUCIAMENTUM (England)
HOUR OF 13 (NC)
MITOCHONDRION (Canada)

mankvill
10-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Huge update today. Mostly them talking about how Paypal was kinda screwing them over.

Also some cancellations:

Urfaust
Butcher ABC
Sargeist :(
Behexen :(

Disma will replace Urfaust, and they have three more replacements to be announced very soon.

GarageMetal468
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Damn, I saw the lineup before and was like meh... Now I look at it again... :wow:

What was I on when I looked at it the first time? Mortuary Drape, Inquisition, Nunslaughter, Birth A.D., Mitochondrion, Demigod, Dead Congregation, FUCKING ROOT?!

Hot damn!

larvtard
10-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Damn, I saw the lineup before and was like meh... Now I look at it again... :wow:

What was I on when I looked at it the first time? Mortuary Drape, Inquisition, Nunslaughter, Birth A.D., Mitochondrion, Demigod, Dead Congregation, FUCKING ROOT?!

Hot damn!

Buy my ticket!

mankvill
10-26-2011, 04:22 PM
BIRTH A.D. dropped

RITUAL NECROMANCY added

mankvill
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Woship (GER)
General Surgery (SWE)

Announced. The other replacements will be announced this week, as well as an updated running order!

christopher
11-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Woship (GER)
General Surgery (SWE)

Announced. The other replacements will be announced this week, as well as an updated running order!

Aww lucky! General Surgery was suppose to go on a US tour earlier this year. I'm sure its too late for this to be more than an exclusive show.

mankvill
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Aww lucky! General Surgery was suppose to go on a US tour earlier this year. I'm sure its too late for this to be more than an exclusive show.

:D

mankvill
11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Doors at 1pm EACH DAY. Bands listed in reverse chronological order.

Friday, December 9th

Root

Inquisition

Demigod

Stargazer

Nunslaughter

Demonical

Weapon

Adorior

Loss

Grave Upheaval

Divine Eve

Ritual Necromancy

Aldebaran

Warmaster

Saturday, December 10th

Mortuary Drape

Pagan Altar

Dead Congregation

Zemial

General Surgery

Ignivomous

Tribulation

Cianide

Disma

Evoken

Adversarial

Midnight

Plutocracy

Blaspherian

P.L.F.

Sunday, December 11th

Mournful Congregation

Strid

Worship

Antaeus

Impetuous Ritual

Interment

Akitsa

Valkyrja

Anatomia

Funebrarum

Mitochondrion

Cruciamentum

Vasaeleth

Hour of 13

Grave Ritual

Ilsa

Anhedonist

treghet
11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
I think Demigod should be headlining on one of the days. Weren't they going to originally?

mankvill
11-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I think Demigod should be headlining on one of the days. Weren't they going to originally?

I don't think so. They were always billed high, but never headlining.

Wizzbang11
11-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Looks like Mortuary Drape canceled.
I probably would not have gotten a ticket without them or Behexen (or at least some other never-play-the-US euro band I love) but not much to do now, and I'm sure the fest will still be a blast.
Goddamn shame though. I was really, really fucking excited for them.

mankvill
11-13-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm the main reason you're going anyway, babe

treghet
11-13-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm the main reason you're going anyway, babe

I'd say get a room, but I know you guys already have. ;)

smearCampaign
11-15-2011, 11:25 PM
According to Mitochondrion's Facebook page:

LESS THAT A MONTH until Rites of Darkness! Consider this a role call for the die hard elite!! Who amongst you will be in attendance? Mitochondrion will be playing the Sunday right after Cruciamentum and Vasaeleth. A solid block of the most vicious death metal currently in existence!

Our set list is as follows:

Part 1 : Parasignosis
PLAUGE EVOCKATION (PIV,VA I)
LEX EGO EXITUS (PIV,VA II)
TETRAVIRULENCE (PIV,VA III)
TRIALS
PARASIGNOSIS
Part 2 : Archaeaeon
CHAPTER 11
AGONIZING (IN THE SHADOW OF THE HAMMERBLOW)
ETERNAL CONTEMPT OF MAN

Until then comrades! This will also be Mitochondrion's first set as a 4 piece in 3 years ...

https://www.facebook.com/mitochondrion137/posts/10150398984976306

Wizzbang11
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Uh oh...
"Mortuary Drape wants to announce to every tour manager, promoter, band and venue's owner that for us, the american tour planned for december is cancelled, due to incompetence of tour manager Danny Serna and co. We were contacted in february 2011 and to this day we have still not clear the situation and no guarantees from them. We put our face, name, the band reputation and we absolutely cannot risk that our shows would be ruined by an unskilled promoter. We normally pretend the best from us, even more we pretend to give more than the best to all of you during the show. So Mortuary Drape doesn't wants to be considered the person in charge of any mistake or problem during the tour, it could be a manager's mistake but who put the face and take all the complaints is always the band, this would give you a bad reputation of us and we cannot accept this. So we PRETEND the best to give the best,because our fan deserve only the best from us! With this mail we want to say sorry to everyone that had believed and still believe in us and hope to see finally Mortuary Drape play for the first time in the USA. Our renunciation is forced by not professional people that haven't the right competence to schedule a professional tour and had a bad behaviour by treating us as a band of young kids, with all the respect for young bands (we were young and inexperienced too, of course), but now we absolutely can't accept such a kind of low treatment after 25 years of activity in the metal scene. Now we undertake to put right this problem, we are going to try to contact new managements and promoters that could help us in a not so far future to plan another american tour for everybody there. We hope that everyone(primarily our fans, then clubs,supporter bands, etc...)can understand our reasons, because we were really looking forward to play in front of a fucking american black metal crowd! We ask you to distrust such people and if you want to complain to the real culprits of this tour cancellation, down below you can find the e-mail address. danny.serna.ds@gmail.com In Spirituals - The 13 Drape "

I know Blasphemophagher and Diocletian got fucked over big time last year, and rumor has it Sargiest/Behexen canceled due to some drama with this Danny guy. Annnd buzz is about of more bad stuff on the way :hmm:

mankvill
11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
;_; what

smearCampaign
11-16-2011, 12:58 PM
WTF :confused: :mad:

mankvill
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
I guess the promoter for this fest is notorious for getting booked flights and stuff out at the last second. :(

mankvill
11-17-2011, 12:53 PM
BLACK WITCHERY added Saturday! :rocker:

larvtard
11-17-2011, 12:55 PM
SOMEONE BUY MY TICKET PLZ

WHAT SHOULD I DO

arghhhhhh

mankvill
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
SOMEONE BUY MY TICKET PLZ

WHAT SHOULD I DO

arghhhhhh

You should quit being a

baby

and go

larvtard
11-17-2011, 01:08 PM
You should quit being a

baby

and go

Even if I managed to reschedule my exams the day before Thanksgiving break, there's no way my parents would let me go :lol: And I don't think I'd be able to book a flight without them knowing about it :eyes:

Wizzbang11
11-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Even if I managed to reschedule my exams the day before Thanksgiving break, there's no way my parents would let me go :lol: And I don't think I'd be able to book a flight without them knowing about it :eyes:

If you have the money and youd be in school at the time I have no idea how your parents would know you went to Texas for the weekend

smearCampaign
11-17-2011, 01:31 PM
BLACK WITCHERY added Saturday! :rocker:

NICE. They put on a great show when I saw them in August. Glad to be seeing them in a larger venue that has better sound.

mankvill
11-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Just read that Bestial Mockery got back together on 11/11/11

:D omg they should get them

larvtard
11-17-2011, 01:55 PM
If you have the money and youd be in school at the time I have no idea how your parents would know you went to Texas for the weekend

Eh, they'd probably figure it out somehow. My dad got mad that I didn't tell him I was going down to Boston last weekend.

But seriously, I may have to look into that.

treghet
11-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Akitsa have cancelled due to their live line-up disbanding.

Root are unfortunately not playing. Work visas and flights were not able to be worked out in time due to the prior Paypal issues.

mankvill
11-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Still super stoked. :D

smearCampaign
11-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Looks like Hour of 13 have dropped as well. This is getting ridiculous.

Wizzbang11
11-27-2011, 08:10 AM
...and now Dead Congregation!
At least this batch of bands is being completely open about the sole reason for their cancellation being incompetent organization.
:(

larvtard
11-27-2011, 09:57 AM
This is the most poorly organized festival ever :lol:

Hopefully that guy still buys the ticket from my brother now :eyes:

MikeConnor123
11-27-2011, 10:43 AM
demonical and interment are now out as well

larvtard
11-27-2011, 10:47 AM

:lol::lol::lol: This is just fucking sad now.

Watch Antaeus drop ;)

smearCampaign
11-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Just saw that. This is falling apart quickly.

GarageMetal468
11-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Oh wow... When I saw the lineup I was like "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME" and now basically every single band that caused my reaction is gone... damn!

Wizzbang11
11-27-2011, 11:19 AM
For a more graphic representation, red=canceled, green=up in the air (that we know of):
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8270/39143641.png
Will be a blast still, but. Really?

Also 12 canceled bands, 5 replacements (I think I am doing that math correctly.)

xa123
11-27-2011, 02:18 PM
what the FUCK

It seems like the fest grew too quickly, I mean it's only the 3rd edition and it looked like it was gonna be the best festival ever!

Now though...

treghet
11-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Zemial is still playing.

larvtard
11-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Zemial is still playing.

Actually, they said they would announce whether they're still playing or not tomorrow.

treghet
11-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Actually, they said they would announce whether they're still playing or not tomorrow.

Someone who has been in contact with the band posted that they are still playing.

Wizzbang11
11-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Someone who has been in contact with the band posted that they are still playing.

Yosef is mistaken, the band themselves announced they will make the call tomorrow.

treghet
11-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Hopefully they still play then... this festival has turned into a major clusterfuck.

ShatteredFlame
11-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Zemial isn't playing. Neither is Tribulation or Strid.

larvtard
11-29-2011, 06:10 PM
As of now, this fest is pretty much just a collection of the best underground death metal/black metal/doom metal bands from North America. The bands fucking rule, but a bunch of the highlights of the former lineup were overseas :(

larvtard
11-29-2011, 06:15 PM
except for these

New running order:

Friday December 9:
DEMIGOD (Finland) [Slumber of Sullen Eyes-era line-up]
STARGAZER (Australia)
ADORIOR (England)

Saturday December 10:
PAGAN ALTAR (UK) Exclusive US performance
IGNIVOMOUS (Australia)

Sunday December 11:
ANTAEUS (France) Exclusive North American performance
ANATOMIA (Japan)
VALKYRJA (Sweden)
CRUCIAMENTUM (England)

my bad, but my point still stands

mankvill
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM
As of now, this fest is pretty much just a collection of the best underground death metal/black metal/doom metal bands from North America. The bands fucking rule, but a bunch of the highlights of the former lineup were overseas :(

>implying Antaeus isn't playing
>MkM confirmed himself they will 100% play

larvtard
11-29-2011, 06:20 PM
>implying Antaeus isn't playing
>MkM confirmed himself they will 100% play

I mean, the majority is North American bands.

mankvill
11-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I mean, the majority is North American bands.

>implying you aren't drunk right now
>implying Dayan and I aren't going to make out and text pictures to you

larvtard
11-29-2011, 06:31 PM

<I'm not drunk now, unfortunately :( No booze. (But seriously, I haven't felt the desire in a couple days, so that's good, right?! :D)
<DO IT

masterguy49
11-29-2011, 06:32 PM
.........wut

mankvill
11-29-2011, 06:34 PM
.........wut

Dayan will be the first member from these boards that I meet in person (I mean aside from Nick and my buddy Will that occasionally posts here, but they're from these parts) so I gotta make out with him and share the pictures.

RAZOR
11-29-2011, 06:42 PM

...I get pictures too, right? :lovedup:

christopher
11-29-2011, 06:42 PM

mankvill
11-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Disma just posted an updated flyer on their facebook:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/393433_246498102081162_137903672940606_723400_1679 97746_n.jpg

Was ABOUT to freak out but then I saw Antaeus there at the bottom. :lol:

Also if this is to be believed, they are merging the pre-fest with this fest! Fuck year, Hell Militia, Ares *FUCKING* Kingdom, and Drawn and Quartered!

mankvill
11-29-2011, 07:39 PM
...I get pictures too, right? :lovedup:

;)

slapguitarer
11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
To all those going,

WATCH DISPIRIT! They're a phenomenal band and their live show is great. Fog machines for days!

masterguy49
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Dayan will be the first member from these boards that I meet in person (I mean aside from Nick and my buddy Will that occasionally posts here, but they're from these parts) so I gotta make out with him and share the pictures.

Is that like board rules? So am I required to do the same when I meet Abraham(Lincoln/Brutal)

RAZOR
11-29-2011, 07:58 PM
;)

Oh thank god. :D

smearCampaign
11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Also if this is to be believed, they are merging the pre-fest with this fest!

I don't think they are. The flyer says Dec 8th-11th

mankvill
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM

Yeah, I noticed that after the fact. :bouville:

treghet
11-29-2011, 09:47 PM

The flyer also has Zemial on the lineup, so I wouldn't count on it being accurate.

treghet
11-29-2011, 09:59 PM
An update was made on the website. Zemial MIGHT play.

mankvill
11-29-2011, 10:21 PM
An update was made on the website. Zemial MIGHT play.

PAGAN ALTAR (full 2 hour set)
ANTAEUS (only North American show)
ZEMIAL (we are working on their flights now and anyone willing to contribute to making this happen, contact us atinfo@ritesofdarkness.com)
STARGAZER (same as Zemial)
INQUISITION
WORSHIP
DRAWN AND QUARTERED
ADVERSARIAL (only US show)
MOURNFUL CONGREGATION
CIANIDE (only TX show)
GRAVE RITUAL (not on the poster but are playing! - they will be on the hard copy).
CRUCIAMENTUM
ANATOMIA (only North American show)
IGNIVOMOUS (only North American show)
WEAPON (only US show)
MITOCHONDRION (only US show)
DEMIGOD (performing the entire Slumber of Sullen Eyes album)
DIVINE EVE (not on the poster but are playing! - they will be on the hard copy).
MIDNIGHT
BLACK WITCHERY
NUNSLAUGHTER
DISMA
VASAELETH
WARMASTER
ANHEDONIST
ILSA
ALDEBARAN
PLUTOCRACY (not on the poster but are playing! - they will be on the hard copy).
LOSS
IMPETUOUS RITUAL
GRAVE UPHEAVAL
EVOKEN
FUNEBRARUM
PALLBEARER

larvtard
11-30-2011, 07:50 AM

PAGAN ALTAR (full 2 hour set)
ANTAEUS (only North American show)
ZEMIAL (we are working on their flights now and anyone willing to contribute to making this happen, contact us atinfo@ritesofdarkness.com)
STARGAZER (same as Zemial)
INQUISITION
WORSHIP
DRAWN AND QUARTERED
ADVERSARIAL (only US show)
MOURNFUL CONGREGATION
CIANIDE (only TX show)
GRAVE RITUAL (not on the poster but are playing! - they will be on the hard copy).
CRUCIAMENTUM
ANATOMIA (only North American show)
IGNIVOMOUS (only North American show)
WEAPON (only US show)
MITOCHONDRION (only US show)
DEMIGOD (performing the entire Slumber of Sullen Eyes album)
DIVINE EVE (not on the poster but are playing! - they will be on the hard copy).
MIDNIGHT
BLACK WITCHERY
NUNSLAUGHTER
DISMA
VASAELETH
WARMASTER
ANHEDONIST
ILSA
ALDEBARAN
PLUTOCRACY (not on the poster but are playing! - they will be on the hard copy).
LOSS
IMPETUOUS RITUAL
GRAVE UPHEAVAL
EVOKEN
FUNEBRARUM
PALLBEARER

Nope, Pagan Altar just dropped :lol:

ShatteredFlame
11-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Pagan Altar dropped

ravenheart
11-30-2011, 07:55 AM
Is that like board rules? So am I required to do the same when I meet Abraham(Lincoln/Brutal)

No, it's just manks own personal rule because it's the closest he gets to making out with anyone.

Sorry. Last schoolyard humour you'll get from me.

brutal_descent
11-30-2011, 07:57 AM

:lovedup:

smearCampaign
11-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Ha. I guess we'll know the lineup when we get there and see what bands end up playing.