PDA

View Full Version : Rites of Darkness III

Pages : 1 [2]

moobys37
11-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Rites of Clusterfuck. Seems to me he went too big too quickly. It's also a problem of location. I'm sure if you put this line-up in a similarly sized venue in Chicago or another northern city it would have sold out already.

ShatteredFlame
11-30-2011, 09:37 AM
It wouldn't matter if it sold out or not. The problem seems to be that the promoter took ages to book flights, hotel rooms, and get everything going. He booked acts from all over the world yet he waits last minute to put things together. So in the end this fest will cost him a fortune that he doesn't have.

Not to mention how many bands will probably get turned away at customs. Really feel sorry for the guy, but it is his fault.

IrritatedTrout
11-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Manks, just save to see Maiden instead.;)

mankvill
11-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Nope, Pagan Altar just dropped :lol:

Lot of pellet devestated. Me, not so much. PA dropping was a band issue, not a rites issue. I mean I would love to get some last minute band additions, but I'm still pretty stoked.

mankvill
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Pagan Altar
PLEASE READ.after reading all your comments We have had a serious meeting about the ROD gig and have been in contact with the promoter. Please hold fire on making other arrangements. We are doing our upmost to make this possible and we have gotta finally sort out some problems about visas among other things. If this gets sorted and we are happy with the arrangements we will be very happy to come over.

larvtard
11-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Lot of pellet devestated. Me, not so much.

wat

mankvill
11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
wat

Lol, damn autocorrect

treghet
11-30-2011, 08:18 PM
It wouldn't matter if it sold out or not. The problem seems to be that the promoter took ages to book flights, hotel rooms, and get everything going. He booked acts from all over the world yet he waits last minute to put things together. So in the end this fest will cost him a fortune that he doesn't have.

Not to mention how many bands will probably get turned away at customs. Really feel sorry for the guy, but it is his fault.

Paypal locked his account for a few weeks (or maybe a month? I don't remember) because they suspected fraud. Once they realized no fraudulent activity was occurring they unlocked the account, and by that time flight prices had risen out of the budget. There's much you can do in that situation. As for the communication though, there is no excuse to have waited so long to give people an update on what's going on.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he's losing money by putting the festival on, so the people who have been asking for refunds probably won't get them.

mankvill
11-30-2011, 09:14 PM
From what I can gather, yes the promoter made some dumb mistakes. He will probably never be able to book a fest again, but it's not entirely his fault.

Dumb mistakes, like not being in constant contact with 1) Bands and 2) fans.

Wizzbang11
11-30-2011, 09:20 PM
It's 100% his fault for being a retard, and his name and photo have been publicized through the internet so he probably will get beaten.
It won't upset me if this happens.

So who is all actually going? Me, Jackson, NOT Logan I know..

moobys37
11-30-2011, 09:24 PM

Oh I'm not saying he's not a moron for piss-poor reactions to trouble, my point is that it would have been a hell of a lot easier to pull this off in a major city for logistical, financial, and overall entertainment reasons. I'm sure it would have been a lot easier to get help if this was in Chicago.

mankvill
11-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Oh I'm not saying he's not a moron for piss-poor reactions to trouble, my point is that it would have been a hell of a lot easier to pull this off in a major city for logistical, financial, and overall entertainment reasons. I'm sure it would have been a lot easier to get help if this was in Chicago.

Definitely. I mean there have been 2 RoD's before, but they were single day things. I think the promoter just went too big too soon.

However, I am still very, very excited for this fest. I'm going to have a blasty blast.

moobys37
11-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Definitely. I mean there have been 2 RoD's before, but they were single day things. I think the promoter just went too big too soon.

However, I am still very, very excited for this fest. I'm going to have a blasty blast.

Thing is, it's still a pretty damn good festival by any standards in terms of who's actually going to play. It's a shame it'll be remembered for his ineptitude.

mankvill
11-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Thing is, it's still a pretty damn good festival by any standards in terms of who's actually going to play. It's a shame it'll be remembered for his ineptitude.

Rites of Darkness 4

New promoter: me

New location: Lawrence, KS

:D

treghet
11-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Rites of Darkness 4

New promoter: me

New location: Lawrence, KS

Attendance: 75 people

;)

mankvill
11-30-2011, 10:42 PM
;)

mother

fucking

worth it

treghet
11-30-2011, 11:27 PM
From Zemial's FB:

"Good news.

Danny has begun the booking process.
Scorpios is flying to Athens tomorrow for rehearsals and within the following days all other items should be taken care of.
I will be attending to the customary updates.

It's looking good."

mankvill
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
From Zemial's FB:

"Good news.

Danny has begun the booking process.
Scorpios is flying to Athens tomorrow for rehearsals and within the following days all other items should be taken care of.
I will be attending to the customary updates.

It's looking good."

:D

smearCampaign
12-01-2011, 06:03 AM
So who is all actually going? Me, Jackson, NOT Logan I know..

I will be there as well. I am driving down from Austin of course, so if anyone who's flying in needs a ride around San Antonio during the weekend I can probably help out.

Anyone going to the Thursday night pre-fest? I am not.

Seventhzealot
12-01-2011, 12:53 PM
From Disma's FB

- OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM DISMA, EVOKEN AND FUNEBRARUM -

We have all decided to cancel our appearances at "The Rites of Darkness Festival" in San Antonio, Texas on December 10-11th due to the fact that the promoter has still not followed through with his promises and obligations to us (tickets, transportation, hotels etc). We apologize to our fans who have already purchased tickets but the situation is beyond our control. We have reached the end of our patience with Daniel Serna and foresee only more problems. Again we are sorry to have to make this decision but this treatment and unprofessional behavior is unacceptable!!

xa123
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
HOLY SHIT WHAT???

mankvill
12-01-2011, 12:56 PM
From Disma's FB

:(

mankvill
12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I will say that if for some reason I cancel, I will definitely be using that money to attend another concert/fest. MDF? One-off concert somewhere? We'll see.

treghet
12-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I will say that if for some reason I cancel, I will definitely be using that money to attend another concert/fest. MDF? One-off concert somewhere? We'll see.

I don't see why you wouldn't at this point. If Disma, Evoken, and Funebrarum have just now announced their cancellation, what other bands will drop in the next couple days? I'm sure there will be more. I'll remind you that MDF has the following bands from Rites: Disma, Demigod, Sargeist, Demonical, Interment, and Black Witchery. PLUS: Archgoat, Desaster, Morgoth, Tsjuder, Horna, and tons more. How can you pass that up if you have the money?

John The Drummer
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't see why you wouldn't at this point. If Disma, Evoken, and Funebrarum have just now announced their cancellation, what other bands will drop in the next couple days? I'm sure there will be more. I'll remind you that MDF has the following bands from Rites: Disma, Demigod, Sargeist, Demonical, Interment, and Black Witchery. PLUS: Archgoat, Desaster, Morgoth, Tsjuder, Horna, and tons more. How can you pass that up if you have the money?

They had to cancel, Absu replaced them.

mankvill
12-01-2011, 01:40 PM

Well, I'm rooming with Dayan :P so he has to want to cancel too.

treghet
12-01-2011, 01:44 PM
They had to cancel, Absu replaced them.

Forgot about that. But as I recall, manks <3s Absu.

Well, I'm rooming with Dayan :P so he has to want to cancel too.

Then you better start convincing him to go to MDF with you instead. :cool:

smearCampaign
12-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Damn. Considering Disma has played at both the other years of the fest I figured they would be a lock... that's too bad. They were definitely one that I was most looking forward to.

I feel bad for everyone that purchased airfare and whatnot. What a clusterfuck.

xa123
12-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Man, I feel bad for everyone who's flying in and one can only wonder what other US based bands that were supposed to be locks are going to cancel? Cianide? Nunslaughter? Loss?

I hope they at least fix things with Zemial and Pagan Altar and that they get Stargazer and Hell Militia too...but man..

Wizzbang11
12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, my airfare I can get credit on, but it was so cheap originally that the fee for flight change credit whatever makes it useless.
I'm going to texas, and while this is an obscene amount of money for the experience at this point, its gonna happen so might as well have fun. The bands that are 100% for sure going are enough just to have a blast at the show, regardless of what it could've been.

And I messaged Don of the Dead and he said they have nothing yet..

larvtard
12-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh, and my brother just said that the guy he was going to sell it to for 85 bucks bought it from someone else for 35 :(

FUCKKKKKKKKK

Dayan and Jackson owe me 110 bucks for telling me I should buy tickets immediately becaude it would definitely sell out;)

Half-serious.

smearCampaign
12-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Here is an article from yesterday that talks about the failure in attendance of the Goregrowler's Ball and also how Rites of Darkness might shape up:
http://austinist.com/2011/12/01/darkness_on_the_edge_of_their_town.php

to date, Rites of Darkness haven't responded to direct queries for coverage

This isn't surprising considering what has gone on, but seriously; wouldn't you at least respond if some press showed interested in covering your event?

xa123
12-02-2011, 10:11 AM
"We (Loss) are canceling our performance at the Rites of Darkness Festival in San Antonio, TX on December 9th due to the promoter's failure to follow through on his promises and obligations to us (transportation, lodging, etc.). This leaves us no other option than to cancel. We have stretched our set deadline numerous times in order to make this show happen, but we have now reached the point where it can't be fixed.
We apologize to everyone that was looking forward to seeing Loss, but this situation is beyond our control. TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE.
We will however be playing Austin, TX in June 2012 as a part of the Chaos in Tejas festival. More info to come."

:(

EDIT- Oak cancelled their prefest show too...

idrinkwine732
12-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Wow. This is a clusterfuck of massive proportions.

mankvill
12-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I have lost the fire I had to go to this. Even one of the first metal bands I ever heard, Antaeus, can't muster up enough for me to trudge through all this shit (and potentially more shit) to justify this trip.

I've really tried to keep my head up about this whole fest. Put a positive spin on everything. But I really can't do that anymore. With all these supposedly "confirmed" bands dropping, it's just a mystery as to who I would see at the fest.

So...I'm out. And it really fucking kills me to say that. I think Dayan is out too, he's gonna try to transfer the flight so he can see Autopsy in January. :fist:

I'll have to figure out what I'm doing. At least I can see Touche Amore on Sunday now, but I'm still monumentally bummed.

I doubt anyone will, but if you want to buy my ticket, message me and maybe we can work something out.

larvtard
12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I have lost the fire I had to go to this. Even one of the first metal bands I ever heard, Antaeus, can't muster up enough for me to trudge through all this shit (and potentially more shit) to justify this trip.

I've really tried to keep my head up about this whole fest. Put a positive spin on everything. But I really can't do that anymore. With all these supposedly "confirmed" bands dropping, it's just a mystery as to who I would see at the fest.

So...I'm out. And it really fucking kills me to say that. I think Dayan is out too, he's gonna try to transfer the flight so he can see Autopsy in January. :fist:

I'll have to figure out what I'm doing. At least I can see Touche Amore on Sunday now, but I'm still monumentally bummed.

I doubt anyone will, but if you want to buy my ticket, message me and maybe we can work something out.

he should transfer it to see MDF!

Wizzbang11
12-02-2011, 12:42 PM
As Jackson and I unfortunately found out, the only hotels still available around MDF are $600.

larvtard
12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
As Jackson and I unfortunately found out, the only hotels still available around MDF are $600.

not true... I just checked

smearCampaign
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Understandable. You should either do MDF or consider Chaos In Tejas in Austin. It's a great fest run by real promotors.

Wizzbang11
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
not true... I just checked

Link

moobys37
12-02-2011, 06:15 PM

Mankvill cancels his appearance at Rites of Darkness III.

RAZOR
12-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Sorry this turned out to be a giant clusterfuck for you, Dayan and Jacksern. :(

smearCampaign
12-02-2011, 08:49 PM
For anyone still following this shit.... Valkyrja and Stargazer are now out. :leak:

moobys37
12-02-2011, 10:52 PM
General Surgery canceled.

smearCampaign
12-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Ha. If Nunslaughter plays I mIght go.

smearCampaign
12-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Just drunkenly cancelled my hotel while at a punk show at Emo's. Think it was a good choice.

treghet
12-03-2011, 12:56 AM

I think you're making the right decision here. Also, I shall be meeting Dayan then! :cool:

moobys37
12-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Pagan Altar canceled.

GarageMetal468
12-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Mankvill cancels his appearance at Rites of Darkness III.

:lol:

Whoever made that flyer with the x's and circles around the band's that canceled/are up in the air, make another updated one? I wanna see this :lol:

treghet
12-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm wondering who else is going to cancel. There are bound to be at least a few more last minute cancellations. Also, if I've got all the bands right, there has been a total of 21 cancellations so far.

treghet
12-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Zemial has finally been confirmed. They will headline Saturday.

Also, Worship and Hell Militia have canceled.

twocentsup
12-08-2011, 07:53 AM
While there's still some great bands playing on this, I'm glad I didn't get tickets. Pagan Altar, Sargeist, Stargazer, and Strid cancelling would've ruined it completely for me.

ON THE OTHER HAND, glad this is still happening because Ilsa is coming through my town and playing a house show with us and that would never have happened otherwise.
So there's one good thing about this festival haha.

smearCampaign
12-08-2011, 08:46 AM
While there's still some great bands playing on this, I'm glad I didn't get tickets. Pagan Altar, Sargeist, Stargazer, and Strid cancelling would've ruined it completely for me.

ON THE OTHER HAND, glad this is still happening because Ilsa is coming through my town and playing a house show with us and that would never have happened otherwise.
So there's one good thing about this festival haha.

Sure about that one? Ilsa cancelled their Rites performance a couple days ago, so I hope for your sake that they are able to make it.

twocentsup
12-08-2011, 09:12 AM
lolwut

We haven't heard from them in about a week, so I have no idea what's going on. Oh well, I feel for them. Seems like this ROD situation was a headache enough.

ShatteredFlame
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
So apparently the pre-fest actually went on last night with Ares Kingdom, Dispirit, Draw & Quartered, Wodensthrone, Vasaeleth, and Sturmgewher.

:eek:

smearCampaign
12-09-2011, 12:56 PM
So apparently the pre-fest actually went on last night with Ares Kingdom, Dispirit, Draw & Quartered, Wodensthrone, Vasaeleth, and Sturmgewher.

:eek:

That's what I read as well. Dispirit also got added to today's lineup. I am about to head out the door!

larvtard
12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
That's what I read as well. Dispirit also got added to today's lineup. I am about to head out the door!

Uh, didn't you say that you sold your 3-day pass when you were drunk?

smearCampaign
12-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Uh, didn't you say that you sold your 3-day pass when you were drunk?

Negative. Just cancelled my hotel reservation. I am driving back to Austin so no drinky tonight. Ritual Necromancy just killed it. Grave Upheaval on next.

larvtard
12-11-2011, 11:23 AM
GODDAMMIT FUCK FACEBOOK :mad:

I just saw that not one, but two people messaged me a month ago about buying my ROD tickets, but they never showed up in my main Message inbox. Rather, they showed up in 'Other.' :bouville: