PDA

View Full Version : New Queensryche album almost finished

Travis The Dragon
02-05-2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144889

I'm sure no one cares LOL

DethMaiden
02-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Geoff Tate: "Rock music was really the music of the times in 1990. Unfortunately, rock music isn't the music of the times anymore — it's very underground."

Yeah, what the fuck is rock music?

Maiden33
02-05-2011, 06:36 PM
:tp:

Sanitarium78
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
:zzz:

Travis The Dragon
04-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Cover art and release date (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156730)

ravenheart
04-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Oh cool, more old news. Nice one Fonz. At least it's old news that hasn't been posted here before.

I guess I'll see them play some of the new stuff in the Summer.

Travis The Dragon
04-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Ya, I got distracted the day it was released and then forgot about it. :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
05-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Being one of my favorite bands due to their older material, I just wish I could care about this. But I can't, I really can't. :(

edit: heck, I even really liked Mindcrime 2, but it was fairly underwhelming - and American Soldier and their lame covers album really take the cake in terms of :zzz:

Maidenmagic
05-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Even though I've known about them since 05/06, I've only recently been listening to their "deeper cuts" (getting away from the greatest hits album.) and I must say that The Warning is close to a masterpiece and easily their best work. After that the only ones that I like are Rage for Order ( Very good, but it has too many soundeffects) the EP, (Easily the most metal thing they've done) Operation: Mindcrime (Memorable, but too much filler) and A good bit of Promised land. Best I can and the title track are the only tracks I like from Empire. Tribe and I'm American are decent songs (Although the latter has awful lyrics.) I think it interesting that they can bash America on alot of their albums but then they do a whole album supporting it. I read that the new album apparently has a dance element to it. (Geoff Tate said that!) I would have to listen to a track or two to decide whether or not to pick that one up. I would like to see them live once, but it would dependent on what they play.

bennythedog
05-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Even though I've known about them since 05/06, I've only recently been listening to their "deeper cuts" (getting away from the greatest hits album.) and I must say that The Warning is close to a masterpiece and easily their best work. After that the only ones that I like are Rage for Order ( Very good, but it has too many soundeffects) the EP, (Easily the most metal thing they've done) Operation: Mindcrime (Memorable, but too much filler) and A good bit of Promised land. Best I can and the title track are the only tracks I like from Empire. Tribe and I'm American are decent songs (Although the latter has awful lyrics.) I think it interesting that they can bash America on alot of their albums but then they do a whole album supporting it. I read that the new album apparently has a dance element to it. (Geoff Tate said that!) I would have to listen to a track or two to decide whether or not to pick that one up. I would like to see them live once, but it would dependent on what they play.

Nice write up. I agree with you on everything!

Warning
EP
Rage
Mindcrime
Promised Land
Empire
Hear
Q2K
the rest

ravenheart
05-01-2011, 09:04 AM
:lol: O:M... filler... :lol:

EvilCheeseWedge
05-01-2011, 05:45 PM

America bashing? :tp:

DethMaiden
05-01-2011, 05:47 PM

I know, right?

:tp:

Maidenmagic
05-02-2011, 04:20 AM

I don't mean the main tracks. All those connection pieces, like I remember now and Waiting for 22.

Maidenmagic
05-02-2011, 04:32 AM
America bashing? :tp:

"Got an Ak-47 for his best friend,
Business.... the American way."
Empire
"I used to think that only America's way, way right,
But now the holy dollar rules everybody's lives
Gotta make a million doesn't matter who dies."
Revolution Calling
"I gotta have it, fonna drink the high life,
I'll buy a new suit, black skinny necktie.
I'll mingle with elite and Imitate
and they'll never even get it til I hit em
I've got no fear cause I've weathered the breakdown
San Quetin to the edge of the Big Town
I'm a man of the people
In the home of the brave, and I'm no man's slave.
"Because I'm free,
I deserve everything I get.
I'm American
I'm American.

I'm American.

Not exactly Patriotic, is it?

EvilCheeseWedge
05-02-2011, 07:02 AM
So what you're saying is you're either patriotic or you hate America?

What's so bad about having an opinion? The thing about patriotism is that if you just walk around thinking you're #1, you're #1 - then you really have no incentive to better yourself, because fuck it, you're the best.

The lyrics you posted are, frankly, mild. You mean to tell me the mindset expressed in "I'm American" isn't reflected on a regular basis by our media and our celebrities? Consumerism is a defining feature of America and we can argue all day about whether that's good or bad, but just because someone argues about it doesn't mean they're bashing America.

As for the "Revolution Calling" lyrics, give me a fucking break. Have you been alive these last few years? Were you there for the bailouts? Were you there for the oil spill? Were you there for the Goldman Sachs e-mails?

As for "Empire" I would remind you that America has an incredibly high crime rate for a developed nation, and our violent crime rate pretty much takes the cake. So yeah, that's pretty depressing, but puffing up your chest and saying, "America, fuck yeah!" isn't exactly going to fix it.

In other words, if those lyrics are your idea of bashing then you have set that bar comically low.

ravenheart
05-02-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't mean the main tracks. All those connection pieces, like I remember now and Waiting for 22.

You mean those pieces which are all of 1 or 2 minutes long each and if they were part of the preceding or succeeding track then you wouldn't even notice them? Those pieces? Right :tp:

EvilCheeseWedge
05-02-2011, 08:27 AM

Have you ever heard "I Remember Now?" at a live show? I wouldn't call it filler.

One of the best parts about O:M live is hearing everybody shout, "YOU BASTARD!"

Maidenmagic
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Just my opinions people. You don't have to like them.

Fe Maiden
05-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I must say that The Warning is close to a masterpiece and easily their best work. Correct you are!

jhdeity
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Correct you are!

Agreed on most parts. Warning is incredible. Rage for Order has some of their best songs. Surgical Strike, The Whisper & Neue Regal are 3 of my Top 10. Mindcrime is overrated to me just because the average fan believes it's their best work and it's not.

One thing you missed is Della Brown on Empire. Amazing song.

Fe Maiden
05-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Agreed on most parts. Warning is incredible. Rage for Order has some of their best songs. Surgical Strike, The Whisper & Neue Regal are 3 of my Top 10. Mindcrime is overrated to me just because the average fan believes it's their best work and it's not.

One thing you missed is Della Brown on Empire. Amazing song.I didn't miss anything!

illuminatus917
05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Just my opinions people.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/opinion1.gif

ravenheart
05-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Tracklist:

'Get Started'
'Hot Spot Junkie'
'Got It Bad'
'Around The World'
'Higher'
'Retail Therapy'
'At The Edge'
'Broken'
'Hard Times'
'Drive'
'I Believe'
'Luvnu'
'Wot We Do'
'I Take You'
'The Lie'
'Big Noize'

Not sure what to make of those...

Travis The Dragon
05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
16 tracks total which might mean that 4 or 5 of them will be little 2 minute pieces like Mindcrime. Still, some of those song titles don't sound very promising. Thank God for the internet so we don't have to waste our hard earned money to find out. Every QR release since Hear In The Now Frontier has had at least 3 or 4 songs that I ended up liking quite a bit so I'll check this one out as well.

Travis The Dragon
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Interview with NEW FULL song, Get Started!!! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FD0JVCJB) The song starts at around 4:35. I'm not very impressed. :(

MPF
05-05-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm going into this album thinking it will suck, this way I won't be disappointed when I realize it does suck.

Travis The Dragon
05-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm going into this album thinking it will suck, this way I won't be disappointed when I realize it does suck.

:lol: Same here! It might help to appreciate it a little bit at least. Still, every QR release since HITNF has always had at least 1 or 2 songs that I truly loved so I'm sure there will be a couple of gems on the new one.

AnataFan4Life
05-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Everything Queensryche has done after Promised Land has been mediocre at best, and ear rape at worst.

After how awful their last album was, I can't imagine this one being any good either.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Another new song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSR2tZNKqFA)

Hmmmmmmm, it's not sounding very hopeful. Then again, I'm not expecting much.

Also, it says here (http://www.examiner.com/music-in-seattle/synergia-northwest-2011-cooked-up-a-magical-musical-stew-at-the-moore-review) that they did 3 new songs total. So, if anyone finds the others, please post them.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Another new song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSR2tZNKqFA)

Hmmmmmmm, it's not sounding very hopeful. Then again, I'm not expecting much.

Also, it says here (http://www.examiner.com/music-in-seattle/synergia-northwest-2011-cooked-up-a-magical-musical-stew-at-the-moore-review) that they did 3 new songs total. So, if anyone finds the others, please post them.

It doesn't say that.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Oops. Read it wrong.

Travis The Dragon
05-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Samples of ENTIRE album! (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050VI6BY/ref=mu_dm_alb_dp)

OMG!!!! In the song "Wot We Do", the lyrics are "jumpin' on the dance floor"! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ravenheart
05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Holy Jesus that's bad. All of it. Not one good song.

MPF
05-16-2011, 01:48 PM
/vomits

Travis The Dragon
06-04-2011, 09:03 PM
According to this (http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2183.0), the album has leaked, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. :(

MPF
06-04-2011, 09:31 PM
According to this (http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2183.0), the album has leaked, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. :(

Why? :confused:

Travis The Dragon
06-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Why? :confused:

Every QR album since Hear In The Now Frontier has ended up having 2 or 3 songs that I really liked so I'd like to hear it.

MPF
06-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Every QR album since Hear In The Now Frontier has ended up having 2 or 3 songs that I really liked so I'd like to hear it.

You're a braver soul then I, The 30 clips was enough for me to say no.

Travis The Dragon
06-05-2011, 11:12 AM
:eek: Entire album is streaming here (http://dedicatedtochaos.weebly.com/)!

illuminatus917
06-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I know this is going to be a disappointment. I might save myself the heartache and just not listen to it.