PDA

View Full Version : Beavis and Butt-head are Back!

Motograter_Ghost
02-05-2011, 12:55 PM
MTV’s snickering animated duo, Beavis and Butt-head, will return to the cable network with 30 new episodes, reports The New York Post. This week, MTV sources confirmed the news that creator Mike Judge has returned to helm the controversial show that he introduced in 1993 and worked on until its cancellation in 1997.

Judge, who also wrote the cult classic movie Office Space and the King of the Hill television series, is “not commenting at this time,” according to his publicist.

By reprising Beavis and Butt-head, MTV will also be making a return to airing music videos — once their bread-and-butter but now seldom on the table at all.

The show’s plotline will consist of the same two hard-rock-loving teenagers (both voiced by Judge) who work at a fast food restaurant, laugh maniacally, and do a whole lot of sitting on their couch, from which they deliver their commentary about music videos.

Source: http://ht.ly/3QC5h

All I can say is I CANNOT WAIT! :rocker: Warmin the DVR up now :)

Sanitarium78
02-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I heard about this a few months ago. I'm guessing MTV's rating's are in the crapper right now and they're trying to bring back the last show that was a huge success for them. I don't think it'll work because I just don't see why anybody should care about it this time around.

The original Beavis & Butthead was on while I was in high school so it was amusing then, but now? I just don't see how they're gonna make it work again.

Sepultura69
02-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I use to watch B&B all the time on MTV back in 93'-96'. I loved that shit, but I think they should just let that series lay to rest. It was an important part of MTV back in the 90s like so many other shows. I think it's kind of lame that they're reprising the show after how long that's been off the air?...like 14 years I think?

Meh, could be hit or miss. I remember when they brought back ren and stimpy to Spike Television. It was meh:cool:

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm guessing MTV's rating's are in the crapper right now and they're trying to bring back the last show that was a huge success for them.

I highly doubt the network that has the jersey shore is has bad ratings.

Meh, could be hit or miss. I remember when they brought back ren and stimpy to Spike Television. It was meh:cool:

That was fucked up when they brought back Ren & Stimpy. Seeing Ren & Stimpy have gay sex pretty much ruined the entire series for me.

ChildrenofSodom
02-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I've never found this show funny. Probably my least favorite Judge project. Bring back King of the Hill.

ShatteredFlame
02-05-2011, 02:14 PM
While I do love Beavis & Butthead, the main problem I have with this is: what music would they like today? Anyone know what Mike Judge likes in today's music?

El Gordo
02-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I'm not down with this... I think they should just let it be a fond, blurry memory. Although it would be fun to see what they'd say while watching Asking Alexandria or something.

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2011, 02:38 PM
While I do love Beavis & Butthead, the main problem I have with this is: what music would they like today? Anyone know what Mike Judge likes in today's music?

I think they'll have the same taste in music they did back then. Hopefully Gwar is still thier favorite band. :horns:

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Bring back King of the Hill.

This :party:

jhdeity
02-05-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F26Af_I52lA

My favorite episode EVER!

evildeadjedi
02-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I think they'll have the same taste in music they did back then. Hopefully Gwar is still thier favorite band. :horns:

That would be cool, though I wonder if Beavis will still like Metallica?

I would love to see Judge animate GWAR in an episode!

ShatteredFlame
02-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Toward the end of the series, they started liking grunge and hated death metal and the early nu metal Korn stuff and even heavy metal like Overkill and Accept. Besides Gwar the only metal band they really liked was Pantera. This stuff doesn't exist anymore on MTV, that's my main concern. They can't be liking grunge when there hasn't been a grunge band to hit it big in forever.

jhdeity
02-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Life, Sex & Death were one of their favorites. I still listen to this cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OetK5yv1cl4

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Toward the end of the series, they started liking grunge and hated death metal and the early nu metal Korn stuff and even heavy metal like Overkill and Accept. Besides Gwar the only metal band they really liked was Pantera. This stuff doesn't exist anymore on MTV, that's my main concern. They can't be liking grunge when there hasn't been a grunge band to hit it big in forever.

Beavis and Butthead are metalheads in my book. Thier favorite bands were Gwar, AC/DC, Metallica (though butthead makes fun of them), and Judas Priest. They made fun of pretty much everything, even if they liked a band they would still crack jokes about them. Gwar was the one of the only bands they really had nothing bad to say about.

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj4lKSy4rGw

"If they practiced playing thier instruments as much as they practiced swinging thier hair around they might be pretty good actually."

evildeadjedi
02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
* "Uh oh...I think this is college music" (during the Flaming Lips' "She Don't Use Jelly")
* "Is That Dave Mustaine?" (It was Tori Amos)
* "Check it out, he looks like the cowardly Lion" (on Metallica's James Hetfield)
* "Someone tell that fat roadie to get off the stage" (during Accept's "Balls to the Wall")
* "Um, is this football?" (trying to figure what they're watching during the opening chords to 2 Unlimited's "Get Ready for This")
* "If you play this stuff backwards, it says 'This sucks!'" (on INXS' "Devil Inside")
* "You're white!" (during the "I could be black I could be white" bit in PiL's "Rise")
* "What language are they speaking?"..."You know those asswipes the Beatles? Those dudes ruined music" (on Blur's "Parklife")
* "If this video was, like, a turd...it would be the same thing" (on Journey's "Separate Ways")
* "If you're gonna be horrible, at least, like, you know, kick ass. Like Jesus Lizard! I mean, they suck, but they kick ass!"
"I think these guys are just lazy."
"Yeah, really. They're too lazy to rock, and they're too lazy to clean the tub." (to Pavement's "Rattled By the Rush")
* "That dude right there. I think that's that dude who drives the snack truck now." (on the dark-haired dude in Poison)
* "These guys live on the edge"
"Yeah; the edge of Wuss Cliff!" (on Winger)
* "That dude has his eyes sewn shut!"
"Maybe he saw something really horrible. Like that Winger video." (on Alice on Chains)
* Faith No More's "Easy": "I know it sounds funny, but I just can't stand the pain..."
Beavis: "That doesn't sound funny"
* "Like right now, David wishes he had his old job back" "Like right now, David is trying to convince some chick he used to be the singer from Van Halen" (riffing on Van Halen's "Right Now" while watching David Lee Roth ham it up in "Just a Gigolo/Nobody Love Me")

Motograter_Ghost
02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
I hope this brings more metal back to MTV and I would love to see them ripping on Beiber, Ke$ha, or Gaga...haha

jhdeity
02-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I hope this brings more metal back to MTV and I would love to see them ripping on Beiber, Ke$ha, or Gaga...haha

and current MRT bullshit like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom bullshit

Sanitarium78
02-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I highly doubt the network that has the jersey shore is has bad ratings.

I had no idea what the jersey shore was until a few months ago and had no clue it was on MTV or how good it's ratings are.

300%_Density
02-05-2011, 07:01 PM
"What's the name of that band again? Schlong?"
"I think that's pronounced Prong Beavis."

DementedX14
02-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I hope they bring more scenes with Tom Anderson. He is hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QrHmr2Q7zI

TonyD
02-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Bring back KOTH? After how many seasons?

jhdeity
02-06-2011, 03:30 PM
"What's the name of that band again? Schlong?"
"I think that's pronounced Prong Beavis."

That just cracked me up... again!

I liked Killer... pronounced KYLE-ER with it carved on his forehead ala Glen Burton

ravenheart
02-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Jesus Christ, this we don't need.

Shadowswillfall414
02-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Cant fucking wait god damnit. Its been to long :rocker:

Indestructible
02-06-2011, 06:21 PM
King of the hill sucks

Shadowswillfall414
02-06-2011, 06:39 PM
King of the hill sucks b&b isnt any better

King of the hill and beavis and butthead are amazing.

BloodoftheKings
02-06-2011, 08:07 PM
King of the hill sucks b&b isnt any better

Coming from someone who likes the Clevland Show.

elturtleboy
02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Ahh idk how i feel. B&B is probably my all time favorite cartoon. Id love to see em try. But has to be the same formula. Ren and Stimpy being adult was stupid. They have to still like thrash and stuff. So hopefully they'll show em watching newer bands music videos like Waste or Warbringer. It could work if its on VH1 Classic