PDA

View Full Version : Ozzfest 2011

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I am hearing that there is a possibility it may happen. Here are my thoughts on it: http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/02/will-there-be-ozzfest-2011.html

mankvill
02-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I look forward to this thread getting thousands of replies and almost getting locked on multiple occasions.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I look forward to this thread getting thousands of replies and almost getting locked on multiple occasions.

Lol

DisposableJustice
02-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Not that I would be really interested in this tour but do you think it will be down like last year with 4-5 dates or will it be full blown?

EDIT: never mind read your blog.....System of a Down sounds like a long shot but if it happened...oh boy :)

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 04:18 PM
HELL YEAH!!! Missed out last year. Im predicting manson being the co-headliner only because of his history with ozzfest and since he's coming back. But cant wait. :rocker:

DementedX14
02-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Yay, I hope this ozzfest will be better than last year.

Sepultura69
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Here's hoping for a Black Sabbath reunion :fist:

But I doubt it, since Geezer Butler said that there wouldn't be a Black Sabbath reunion in 2011 :/

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Here's hoping for a Black Sabbath reunion :fist:

But I doubt it, since Geezer Butler said that there wouldn't be a Black Sabbath reunion in 2011 :/

With the Iommi Ozzy lawsuit that a while back I doubt there will be an Ozzy reunion

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 04:32 PM
With the Iommi Ozzy lawsuit that a while back I doubt there will be an Ozzy reunion

They settled that suit.

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I would go for all this. Replace A Perfect Circle with Tool.

Have this be the mainstage
Ozzy
Tool
Rob Zombie
Slipknot
Soundgarden
System Of A Down

All of this side stages.
Hatebreed
Black Label Society
Fear Factory
Down
All That Remains
Mastodon
Devildriver
Danzig
Lacuna Coil
Children of Bodom
Anthrax
Dimmu Borgir

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 04:35 PM
They settled that suit.

i know but I still think there would be tension between them and it would be hard to keep a band together after something like that.

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 04:36 PM
All im predicting is marylyn manson

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
i know but I still think there would be tension between them and it would be hard to keep a band together after something like that.

Maybe you never know. But ozzy said it WILL happen. Just not 2011.

christopher
02-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm guessing there is going to be an announcement for a big announcement soon, then the big announcement will say "Ozzy has been so busy touring the world for over a year straight, he needs a break from Ozzfest to recover, heres to Ozzfest 2012"

Sanitarium78
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Black Sabbath will reunite with Ozzy next year. Ozzy has just gotta finish his touring cycle for this solo run. I have nothing to confirm that the reunion is for sure, it's just more of a gut feeling. Honestly, with Dio gone what the hell esle are the guys supposed to do but get back with Ozzy?

The reamining members of Sabbath can do solo stuff or even get back with Tony Martin if they have no interest in ever making money again or playing big venues. Sabbath has always been willing to let the past slide when there's a big payday involved as they've proven reuniting with both Ozzy and Dio before. It'll be no different this time around.

I hope Manson isn't the co-headliner. If Ozzfest is going to be a destination festival you need to get somebody who people are willing to travel to see and Manson isn't one of them anymore. A reunited Soundgarden or SOAD will get A LOT more people to come out.

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Black Sabbath will reunite with Ozzy next year. Ozzy has just gotta finish his touring cycle for this solo run. I have nothing to confirm that the reunion is for sure, it's just more of a gut feeling. Honestly, with Dio gone what the hell esle are the guys supposed to do but get back with Ozzy?

Im with you on your gut feeling dude.

I hope Manson isn't the co-headliner. If Ozzfest is going to be a destination festival you need to get somebody who people are willing to travel to see and Manson isn't one of them anymore. A reunited Soundgarden or SOAD will get A LOT more people to come out.

Idk i have a feeling that he will be. and it wont be a one destination i think.

Sepultura69
02-02-2011, 05:12 PM
They should get Limp Bizkit to Headline this years Ozzfest. That will sure as hell draw more ticket sales...

:tongue: :rocker: :party::party::hecho::D :dance: :dance:

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 05:14 PM
They should get Limp Bizkit to Headline this years Ozzfest. That will sure as hell draw more ticket sales...

Dude i know you were joking but dont even joke its not funny :wow:

:tongue: :rocker: :party::party::hecho::D :dance: :dance:[/QUOTE]

elturtleboy
02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
well if it DOES happen. Cavalera Conspiracy has a bi chance of playing Ozzfest again

MPF
02-02-2011, 05:26 PM
All im predicting is marylyn manson

I'm just going to go ahead and say no to this one. I might have made a thread about it or something.

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and say no to this one. I might have made a thread about it or something.

Shit forgot about that thread.

MPF
02-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Shit forgot about that thread.

It's all good man. It's not "official" right now, as in on Blabbermouth or anything, but you can expect to see the news pop up by the end of the month, if not sooner.

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
It's all good man. It's not "official" right now, as in on Blabbermouth or anything, but you can expect to see the news pop up by the end of the month, if not sooner.

Oh cool. Wouldnt mind seeing manson but its not going to be my first priority. Maybe if i had money to blow i would go.

TonyD
02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Every year since freefest has been a huge letdown, especially since the year they said it was definitely happening and it didn't at all.
They should have just kept it going without Ozzy headlining (like they said they would) and it basically would have taken the market for Mayhem fest

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Every year since freefest has been a huge letdown, especially since the year they said it was definitely happening and it didn't at all.
They should have just kept it going without Ozzy headlining (like they said they would) and it basically would have taken the market for Mayhem fest

Agree. I honestly and unfortunalty seeing ozzfest dying out. They need an epic lineup this year to get back on there feet. If this lineup sucks then i think its done. I want 1999 back.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-02-2011, 06:20 PM
What they need is a 15 date tour that hits every region N, S, E, W and in between with a stellar line up like this:

Main:
Ozzy
System of a Down
Deftones
All That Remains
Black Label Society

Small Stage:
Mastodon
Down
Fear Factory

Rotating bands:
Skeletonwitch
Arch Enemy
The Sword
Times of Grace

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
What they need is a 15 date tour that hits every region N, S, E, W and in between with a stellar line up like this:

Main:
Ozzy
System of a Down
Deftones
All That Remains
Black Label Society

Small Stage:
Mastodon
Down
Fear Factory

Rotating bands:
Skeletonwitch
Arch Enemy
The Sword
Times of Grace

Fuck yeah man :rocker: Actually im now really thinking about system of a down being on there. Unlikely but more possible than mayhem fest ever was.

DisposableJustice
02-02-2011, 07:23 PM

Main:
Ozzy
System of a Down
Deftones
All That Remains
Black Label Society

Small Stage:
Mastodon
Down
Fear Factory

Rotating bands:
Skeletonwitch
Arch Enemy
The Sword
Times of Grace

If they do Denver or that area with this, I'll go:rocker:

AnthG
02-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I doubt Korn plays Ozzfest. They've yet to do a proper headlining run on this tour cycle. They did Ballroom Blitz and the Jager tour last year but that was before Korn III was released.

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 08:11 PM

Main:
Ozzy
System of a Down
Deftones
All That Remains
Black Label Society

Small Stage:
Mastodon
Down
Fear Factory

Rotating bands:
Skeletonwitch
Arch Enemy
The Sword
Times of Grace

I would go for all that. Throw DevilDriver,Tool and Shadows Fall on there too and we got ourselfs an Ozzfest.

AnthG
02-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Why not just throw in Metallica and Alice in Chains with Layne Staley in there too?

Bigstu_13
02-02-2011, 08:46 PM
hey wolverine is it true that Bullet For My Valentine and Korn were added to arkansas edgefest cause thats what im hearing

Butcher of Birth
02-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Black Sabbath are said to be in talks to tour again.

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Sabbath reunions aren't going to happen for at least a year due to Ozzy's solo tour...

System of a Down
Tool
Deftones
All That Remains
Black Label Society
Mastodon
Down
Fear Factory
Arch Enemy
Times of Grace
Children Of Bodom
Slipknot
Hatebreed
Devildriver
Lacuna Coil
Rob Zombie

DEATH TO FALSE KINDERGARTEN METAL \\m//

ravenheart
02-03-2011, 12:50 PM
On the Black Sabbath front, has no one been keeping up?

Ozzy and Tony are discussing a new album at the moment. Ozzy described it as the "talking process" just last week.

The remaining members of H&H are also very likely going to continue, with a new name and a new singer. Vinny says they all want to do it, and Tony has been writing new stuff, but there's no way they'd call it Heaven & Hell or Black Sabbath.

The continuation of H&H is the most likely to happen first because, as others have said, Ozzy is touring solo this year.

There's also going to be new music from Iommi with Ian Gillan this year. Nicko McBrain on drums, Jon Lord on keyboards, Jason Newsted on bass, Mikki Lindstrom (HIM) on guitar. It's a single called 'Out of My Mind'.

kommie
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Whatever is on Ozzfest, it's still going to be better than Mayhem

ravenheart
02-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Whatever is on Ozzfest, it's still going to be better than Mayhem

I wiped something off my shoe earlier that was better than Mayhem...

makethemsuffer12
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
There's also going to be new music from Iommi with Ian Gillan this year. Nicko McBrain on drums, Jon Lord on keyboards, Jason Newsted on bass, Mikki Lindstrom (HIM) on guitar. It's a single called 'Out of My Mind'.

Oooh. I didn't know those last four were involved. Interesting combination, definitely looking forward to hearing that.

Butcher of Birth
02-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah I could see Ozzy dropping the album in favor of Sabbath tour in the summer, he has done it before.

Natrlhi
02-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Sabbath reunions aren't going to happen for at least a year due to Ozzy's solo tour...

Quote:
System of a Down
Tool
Deftones
All That Remains
Black Label Society
Mastodon
Down
Fear Factory
Arch Enemy
Times of Grace
Children Of Bodom
Slipknot
Hatebreed
Devildriver
Lacuna Coil
Rob Zombie

DEATH TO FALSE KINDERGARTEN METAL \\m//I'm not sure whether you're being serious or ironical, because some of those bands are most definitely awesome, and yet many of them are definitely false kindergarten metal.

'splain yo' self.

kommie
02-03-2011, 02:11 PM
I wiped something off my shoe earlier that was better than Mayhem...

There is not one band for me worth seeing at Mayhem. Ozzy alone playing at Ozzfest makes it better.

Indestructible
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM

I would like to hear that.I dont know who Jon Lord is.

makethemsuffer12
02-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I would like to hear that.I dont know who Jon Lord is.

http://lolpics.se/pics/482.jpg

Then again, it doesn't seem like Deep Purple is super popular around here. He is their former keyboardist.

ravenheart
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Yeah, he's something of a legend :lol:

makethemsuffer12
02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, he's something of a legend :lol:

Pretty much. :lol: But as I said before, DP don't seem to be very popular on this board.

Indestructible
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Pretty much. :lol: But as I said before, DP don't seem to be very popular on this board.

Would make sense I don't know Jon Lord since I don't listen to Deep Purple.

ravenheart
02-03-2011, 03:44 PM

It shouldn't.

gilpdawg
02-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Well you should.

TiradesOfTruth
02-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Anyone have any rumors or info on the ozzfest.

Steev
02-27-2011, 04:28 PM
As of right now its not happening

If it does I see Avenged Sevenfold as coheadliner

Shadowswillfall414
02-27-2011, 04:49 PM

If thats the truth then why the hell would they have "2011 bands coming soon" On the bands page.

velvetgrass
02-27-2011, 04:50 PM

If it does I see Avenged Sevenfold as coheadliner

I thought there were already dates for this year?

I really hope System Of A Down co-headlines this year, like some rumors have stated. Do you guys think that rumor is likely? But A7X wouldn't be bad at all, I love their music too.

idrinkwine732
02-27-2011, 05:03 PM
If thats the truth then why the hell would they have "2011 bands coming soon" On the bands page.

It's foolish to assume anything on Ozzfest's site is indicating another year until dates and bands are all announced.

Ask the people who thought the band poll for 08 meant a full tour.

Shadowswillfall414
02-27-2011, 05:06 PM
It's foolish to assume anything on Ozzfest's site is indicating another year until dates and bands are all announced.

Ask the people who thought the band poll for 08 meant a full tour.

True

Steev
02-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah Ozzfest always has a knee jerk reaction to imply it'll be back

Because from 97-06 you were guarenteed that, from "Free-Fest" on its been a crap shoot, and like them or not the bigger hard rock and metal bands have been doing Mayhem instead

Magson13
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Ozzfest never has a coheadliner. It's always either Ozzy or Sabbath. In '06 they had SOAD headline every other date since Ozzy wasn't playing, but that was it.

Steev
02-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Ozzfest never has a coheadliner. It's always either Ozzy or Sabbath. In '06 they had SOAD headline every other date since Ozzy wasn't playing, but that was it.

Actually they've always had a band with equal set time to Ozzy(or a longer set, like Priest in 2004)

NickLed19
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Motley Crue last year.

Magson13
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Motley Crue last year.

Last year wasn't a true Ozzfest. Neither was 2008.

Playing the same amount of time doesn't make them coheadliners. Priest, maybe. But no one else.

Steev
02-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Last year wasn't a true Ozzfest. Neither was 2008.

Playing the same amount of time doesn't make them coheadliners. Priest, maybe. But no one else.

KoRn, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Tool, System Of A Down

Magson13
02-28-2011, 09:53 PM
None of those bands coheadlined. They were all paid a set amount to support Ozzy on his tour.

Butcher of Birth
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Playing the same amount of time doesn't make them coheadliners.

Explain then, what makes a true Co-headliner... Because I figured, like I think most people do, if two big bands are playing for 60 minutes each, it's a co-headlining gig. :finger:

rjturtle9
03-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Explain then, what makes a true Co-headliner... Because I figured, like I think most people do, if two big bands are playing for 60 minutes each, it's a co-headlining gig. :finger:

That's exactly what co-headlining is. People here are crazy.

TonyD
03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
None of those bands coheadlined. They were all paid a set amount to support Ozzy on his tour.
Ozzy is different from the usual headliner because Sharon manages for the most part.

Butcher of Birth
03-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Well if we are talking in terms of money being the deciding factor in what makes a tour one that is co-headline then I would say Tony saved what's his faces ass in terms of making sense.

But I doubt that could really be the basis because no one outside those dealing the cash would know, and the overall standard in what makes a tour co-headlined is the length.

jd091
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
...or you could just go to Summer Slaughter and get your dog raped by Dying Fetus! :party:

rjturtle9
03-01-2011, 11:02 PM
...or you could just go to Summer Slaughter and get your dog raped by Dying Fetus! :party:

But they'd have to kill your mom first.

Magson13
03-02-2011, 07:08 PM

A co-headlining tour is when two bands of approximately equal draw work together to do a tour. Ozzfest is Ozzy's tour, where he enlists various bands to open for him.

AnthG
03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
It's pretty safe to say that all the bands mentioned in that one dude's post that had all the main acts that played the same set length as Ozzy (Korn, SOAD, Iron Maiden, etc.) had as much name recognition and drawing power than Ozzy at that point.

Magson13
03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Korn and SOAD were only popular with kids. Ozzy has an audience ranging across the age specturm. Plus he had a tv show, which increased his name recognition past just metalheads, like Iron Maiden's fanbase.

Regardless, all of those bands were paid to open for Ozzy.

hellawaits77ny
03-02-2011, 09:09 PM
But they'd have to kill your mom first.

Haha classic!!

Just my opinion, I'm leaning on a very small tour for Ozzfest (if at all) like they did last year. Didn't they play like 5 dates? I didn't like any of the bands on it last year.

Xenocide
03-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Ozzfest 2011, if it happens, is bound to have some good bands, because Mayhem did a shit job of getting good metal bands this year. I'm only going for Unearth, Machine Head, Megadeth, and Godsmack.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-05-2011, 10:10 AM
I was told that Ozzfest is currently in talks to make 2011 happen. Not sure if it will in fact happen, but we will know one way or the other soon.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-05-2011, 10:14 AM
And as for a line up if Ozzfest does tour, I would imagine it would look similar to this:

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Black Label Society
Down
Mastodon
Hatebreed
Devildriver

Just a guess...

AnthG
03-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I still remember when you said Ozzfest 2010 was going to have Metallica, Down, Mastodon, and Alice in Chains....and we ended up getting Motley Crue and Nonpoint.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I still remember when you said Ozzfest 2010 was going to have Metallica, Down, Mastodon, and Alice in Chains....and we ended up getting Motley Crue and Nonpoint.

No one is perfect. There have been far more tours I have been correct about compared to calling Ozzfest wrong :)

slapguitarer
03-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Ozzfest 2011, if it happens, is bound to have some good bands, because Mayhem did a shit job of getting good metal bands this year. I'm only going for Unearth, Machine Head, Megadeth, and Red Fang.

Fixed

Butcher of Birth
03-05-2011, 01:25 PM
A co-headlining tour is when two bands of approximately equal draw work together to do a tour. Ozzfest is Ozzy's tour, where he enlists various bands to open for him.

Like Metallica?

girnny777
03-05-2011, 02:01 PM
And as for a line up if Ozzfest does tour, I would imagine it would look similar to this:

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Black Label Society
Down
Mastodon
Hatebreed
Devildriver

Just a guess...

I'd be pretty okay with this lineup. I'd rather see Priest do their own tour but I have a better chance of getting GA tickets for this. Last year you were able to upgrade to pit tickets for 20 bucks at the venue.

Steev
03-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I have no idea what they're planning for Ozzfest, especially after last year's

I think these band are all possible depending on when the tour is:
Avenged Sevenfold
Hatebreed
Sevendust
Down
Hellyeah
Hatebreed
The Murderdolls
Stone Sour
Times Of Grace
KoRn
Seventh Void
Crowbar
In This Moment
Soilent Green
Intronaut
Black Veil Brides

Obviously they all wouldn't be on, but its some thoughts

AnthG
03-06-2011, 07:23 AM
No one is perfect. There have been far more tours I have been correct about compared to calling Ozzfest wrong :)

That's true, in all honesty I just thought about it when I saw Mastodon and Down in your list.

brutal_descent
03-06-2011, 07:37 AM

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Black Label Society
Down
Mastodon
Hatebreed
Devildriver

Just a guess...

I would LOVE to see that. :rocker:

ShatteredFlame
03-06-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm not in position to talk and I may be talking out of my ass but why do you figure some of these bands? Mastodon is suppose to be putting out something new, I doubt they would stoop to a festival tour rather than their own headline run. Down seems like a band that tours the US every couple of years, they already have a tour going now I don't see why they would pull another one. Judas Priest I would think would do their own headlining tour as they are retiring.

...of course i'd probably go to that if it was true though

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Down was in fact going to play last year but for various reasons dropped off the bill. They are doing a tour now but will release new music this year and tour to support that. With BLS playing their last US date in June & Nikki Sixx's record label unable to drop the band down a spot due to adding Drowning Pool, Down would be the perfect 2nd stage headliners imo.

Mastodon is a no brainer. They aren't on Mayhem Fest, they won't be on Uproar and like Down they will be touring in support of their live CD/DVD and new music later this year.

Judas Priest did an extensive tour of the US last summer. Now they have announced their semi retirement & plan to tour even more before calling it a day. A 6 date tour with Ozzfest would be a great way to hype their last tour run in the USA.

Plus all 3 bands are Ozzfest veterans & fan favorites. After last years lame duck line up I am confident if Ozzfest happens it will definitely be more metal than Motley Crue.

TonyD
03-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Educated speculation...

I'm saying Ozzfest doesn't happen again.

christopher
03-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Educated speculation...

I agree

daimonos
03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Educated speculation...

I'm not sure what will happen, but I can say that there's a good chance the Ozzfest last year had the most people I've ever seen at a concert. They can definitely still make money off of it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-06-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure what will happen, but I can say that there's a good chance the Ozzfest last year had the most people I've ever seen at a concert. They can definitely still make money off of it.

Same dates sold well, others did not. I think that those dates where you could buy pit passes the day of the concert were due to high ticket prices, not because people don't wanna see Ozzy or Crue upclose. I think alot of people simply didn't have the cash to get pit, especially after Mayhem Fest, etc were already onsale a month or so earlier.

I really think that Ozzfest would be better served it if were a 2 day destination festival. Have it in a central location, like Indianapolis or St. Louis. Chicago already has Lollapalooze so they definitely do not need another major music fest IMO.

Could you imagine a 2 day festival with all of the great (and by great I mean legendary bands mixed in with newer bands who sell tickets/albums better than most) bands of hard rock/metal?

Day 1:
Main Stage:
Ozzy Osbourne
Godsmack
Motorhead
Mastodon

Second Stage:
Black Label Society
All That Remains
Exodus
Dimmu Borgir
Goatwhore
Airbourne

Day 2:
Main Stage:
System Of A Down
Judas Priest
Deftones
Anthrax

Second Stage:
5 Finger Death Punch
Down
Overkill
Cradle of Filth
Skeletonwitch
The Sword

Okay, that was put together really quickly, but you have a mix of newer bands and veteran bands that would draw different fans from different genres of metal and sell tickets. Just a thought.

I am leaning towards no Ozzfest this year. Until they confirm it not happening, a little bit of speculation won't hurt any thing I don't suppose.

NickLed19
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
That would be amazing.

ravenheart
03-07-2011, 02:27 AM
It's funny how an American fest line-up and a European fest line-up differ so much.

I mean, I like a good chunk of the bands on that bill Wolverine just threw together, but you'd never get a bill like that here.

But I suppose that's the size of America forces things to have to pack bills with bands that will shift tickets otherwise there's no chance of breaking even, whereas here that's not so much of an issue because everything is that much more localised. Very rarely does a festival with a half-decent bill here not make their money back.

JRA
03-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Judas Priest opening for System of a Down would be an outrage.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I terms of musicianship and history, you are correct. In terms of popularity & selling tix its SoaD by a mile.

TonyD
03-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't say so. Let's wait to see figures from the Judas Priest "farewell" tour and the SoaD "reunion" tour (they never broke up :angry:), I'd bet they just about break even.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-07-2011, 02:00 PM
I think SoaD chatges nearly double on ticket prices...

AnthG
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Floor tickets for the SOAD shows in Edmonton cost like $85 or something after charges. When Judas Priest played Toronto with Whitesnake a couple of years ago I think tickets were about that price, if not a little bit more.

Magson13
03-07-2011, 02:49 PM
From what I heard, Judas Priest/Whitesnake shows were not packed, at all. There were great deals of empty seats.... Yet in 2005 when SOAD toured, they sold out amphitheatres basically by themselves. It's very sad.

larvtard
03-07-2011, 02:54 PM
From what I heard, Judas Priest/Whitesnake shows were not packed, at all. There were great deals of empty seats.

Yeah, and one of the local radio stations bought out an entire section of seats so I got to see Priest for 18 bucks :cool: :bliss:
Too bad there were $20 service charges :bouville:

NickLed19
03-07-2011, 03:21 PM
From what I heard, Judas Priest/Whitesnake shows were not packed, at all. There were great deals of empty seats.... Yet in 2005 when SOAD toured, they sold out amphitheatres basically by themselves. It's very sad.

Priest did not even sell 6k seats at my show.

Xenocide
03-31-2011, 02:35 PM
My wishlist/prediction:

Main Stage:
Ozzy Osbourne
System Of a Down
Marilyn Manson
Mastodon
As I Lay Dying

Side Stage:
Testament
The Sword
Children of Bodom
Firewind
Chimaira
3 Inches of Blood
Into Eternity

idrinkwine732
03-31-2011, 06:15 PM
My wishlist/prediction:

Main Stage:
Ozzy Osbourne
System Of a Down
Marilyn Manson
Mastodon
As I Lay Dying

Side Stage:
Testament
The Sword
Children of Bodom
Firewind
Chimaira
3 Inches of Blood
Into Eternity

My prediction:

TonyD
03-31-2011, 06:18 PM
My prediction:
Concur
I think SoaD chatges nearly double on ticket prices...

Definitely not, I got 2 seats for about 60 bucks with fees

TiradesOfTruth
04-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Wolverine you have any new or anything.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Last I heard they were planning for it to happen, but it would be no more shows than what they had last year... at the most. It could possibly return to a one off destination festival. I have not heard any mention of bands. However, I would suspect to see Judas Priest on board. That is purely speculation coming from me, but it seems as perfect place to start off their final US tour and we all know Halford and Oz are pals. I wouldn't count SoaD out either...

llama lom
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Last I heard they were planning for it to happen, but it would be no more shows than what they had last year... at the most. It could possibly return to a one off destination festival. I have not heard any mention of bands. However, I would suspect to see Judas Priest on board. That is purely speculation coming from me, but it seems as perfect place to start off their final US tour and we all know Halford and Oz are pals. I wouldn't count SoaD out either...

Do you know if it'd be the same venues as before or will they change it up a bit?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Do you know if it'd be the same venues as before or will they change it up a bit?

I really don't know. Any info I get I post almost immediately to my blog and sometimes post it here.

I think Ozzfest would be best served if Ozzy and co. hired a big name coheadliner (Metallica, SoaD, Tool, etc) and made the rest of the festival out of up and coming acts and perhaps a few veteran acts to headline the second stage. They put too much emphasis on trying to hire radio friendly hard rock acts and undergound hardcore/death metal bands. Alot more variety. More Mastodon instead of BLS. Let Arch Enemy have another shot instead of Otep. Try different acts instead of Hatebreed knock off bands on the second stage. If you are going to get black or death metal, get the good bands like Skeletonwitch or Morbid Angel. How about trying to promote some new classic sounding metal bands?

AnthG
04-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm echoing other people, and maybe i'm just being cynical, but they might as well just give it up if it's only going to be 6 dates or another one-off destination festival.

llama lom
04-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I really don't know. Any info I get I post almost immediately to my blog and sometimes post it here.

I think Ozzfest would be best served if Ozzy and co. hired a big name coheadliner (Metallica, SoaD, Tool, etc) and made the rest of the festival out of up and coming acts and perhaps a few veteran acts to headline the second stage. They put too much emphasis on trying to hire radio friendly hard rock acts and undergound hardcore/death metal bands. Alot more variety. More Mastodon instead of BLS. Let Arch Enemy have another shot instead of Otep. Try different acts instead of Hatebreed knock off bands on the second stage. If you are going to get black or death metal, get the good bands like Skeletonwitch or Morbid Angel. How about trying to promote some new classic sounding metal bands?

This. I'm starting to get tired of festivals and tours either getting the same bands every year, or getting similar sounding bands. Unless it's a genre specific show, get some variety going.

Xenocide
04-03-2011, 04:09 PM
More Mastodon instead of BLS.

I knew I liked you.

Steev
04-22-2011, 06:33 AM
so last year the announcement was made at the end of April, and alot of people were pissed at the results

if there is one this year it's pretty much going the same way

stylesclash516
04-22-2011, 08:08 AM
If we don't hear anything by June I think it's safe to say Ozzfest isn't happening.

llama lom
04-22-2011, 09:15 AM
If we don't hear anything by June I think it's safe to say Ozzfest isn't happening.

I'd say earlier than that, probably within the next couple of weeks. If this happens and they JUST announce it in June, that gives some people only a month to plan for this, which would just screw some people over. Plus the longer they wait, then it's going to be harder to get bands and reserve dates, assuming they haven't done any of this already.

electrocute1031
04-22-2011, 11:19 AM
This could either be extremely irrelevant or true. However My grandparents have been watching the show that Sharon is on called "The Talk". They commented today how Sharon has missed a couple days this week on the show. This could be a sign (or a very big stretch) that Sharon is helping to put the finishing details on this years Ozzfest. I just found it interesting shes missed some shows near the end of April. And last years Ozzfest was announced at the end of April.

illuminatus917
04-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Ozzfest needs Triptykon.

Namaste
04-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Ozzfest needs Judas Priest and The Melvins.

brutal_descent
04-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Dream Ozzfest:

MAIN STAGE
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Cradle of Filth
Meshuggah
Triptykon

SECOND STAGE
Rob Zombie
Amon Amarth
Mastodon
The Melvins
The Black Dahlia Murder

Butcher of Birth
04-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Dream Ozzfest:

MAIN STAGE
Rammstein
Judas Priest
Children of Bodom
Mastodon
Dimmu Borgir

SECOND STAGE
Bruce Dickinson
Death
Arch Enemy
Amon Amarth
Cannibal Corpse
Black Guard
Skeletonwitch
Strapping Young Lad
Ozzy: Storytellers (Plays 3 songs and then talks for the rest of the set)

Fixed?

http://kherkeep.com/images/smilies/spray_trollface_copy.png

brutal_descent
04-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Fixed?

http://kherkeep.com/images/smilies/spray_trollface_copy.png

Not sure I'd want Bodom, Arch Enemy, Dickinson (solo), or Rammstein playing OF.

Butcher of Birth
04-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Not sure I'd want Bodom, Arch Enemy, Dickinson (solo), or Rammstein playing OF.

Why not? lol Arch Enemy were good in 05, and Dickinson would be killer with solo shit (maiden takes too much time), Bodom is a solid act? ;) and Ramm' is just for the fire and wow-ness. :allan:

brutal_descent
04-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Why not? lol Arch Enemy were good in 05, and Dickinson would be killer with solo shit (maiden takes too much time), Bodom is a solid act? ;) and Ramm' is just for the fire and wow-ness. :allan:

I didn't say I wouldn't want to see them - I said I don't see them playing Ozzfest. At least not my dream lineup. :)

Butcher of Birth
04-28-2011, 06:29 AM
I didn't say I wouldn't want to see them - I said I don't see them playing Ozzfest. At least not my dream lineup. :)

haha But Death is a good call? ;)

brutal_descent
04-28-2011, 06:32 AM
haha But Death is a good call? ;)

Didn't want to call out Death or else Chuck Schuldner's ghost would come for me ;)

Butcher of Birth
04-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Didn't want to call out Death or else Chuck Schuldner's ghost would come for me ;)

:eyes: shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

stylesclash516
04-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Considering Rammstein is my absolute favorite band, them getting on Ozzfest would make my head explode from excitement. I doubt they'll be on though. :(

brutal_descent
04-28-2011, 07:48 AM
:eyes: shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

:cool:

kommie
04-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Ozzfest has the potential to be awesome considering Mayhem has no good bands to begin with.

mankvill
04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Ozzfest has the potential to be awesome considering Mayhem has no good bands to begin with.

>Mayhem
>no good bands
>Megadeth
>Testament
>Red Fang

also to some extent:

>In Flames
>Unearth
>Kingdom of Sorrow

holy shit son

kommie
04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
There's nothing to the extent of OMG I NEED TO GO TO MAYHEM TO SEE THIS BAND.

Natrlhi
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
There's nothing to the extent of OMG I NEED TO GO TO MAYHEM TO SEE THIS BAND.Red Fang is fucking awesome, but they're playing on like 723,458,275 other tours this year, so you'll have other chances to see them besides Mayhem.

ShatteredFlame
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
There's nothing to the extent of OMG I NEED TO GO TO MAYHEM TO SEE THIS BAND.

Has there ever been a band to play any of these package tours these past couple of years that was THAT worth it?

llama lom
04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Has there ever been a band to play any of these package tours these past couple of years that was THAT worth it?

2009 was definitely worth it.

kommie
04-29-2011, 12:51 PM

the one with Behemoth was kinda good, there was also Cannibal and TBDM, and I could not care less about Slayer. but if I went to that one, I would of left after Cannibal. There has to be at least one good main headliner to go, and Mayhem has never been that good, for fuck's sake, didn't a bunch of has been nu-metal bands get more time to play than Lamb of God one year?

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2011, 01:01 PM
the one with Behemoth was kinda good, there was also Cannibal and TBDM, land I coud truly care less about Slayer. but if I went to that one, I would of left after Cannibal. There has to be at least one good main headliner to go, and Mayhem has never been that good, for fuck's sake, didn't a bunch of has been nu-metal bands get more time to play than Lamb of God one year?

:mad:

ShatteredFlame
04-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I wasn't referring to lineups. I was asking if there was ever one BIG DEAL band that played any of these fests that was worth traveling for alone. As in a band that doesn't tour the US regularly and is a huge hit among metal fans.

I don't think there has been. They just focus on what sells in metal atm.

llama lom
04-29-2011, 01:36 PM
I wasn't referring to lineups. I was asking if there was ever one BIG DEAL band that played any of these fests that was worth traveling for alone. As in a band that doesn't tour the US regularly and is a huge hit among metal fans.

I don't think there has been. They just focus on what sells in metal atm.

I guess you could say Decapitated with Summer Slaughter last year, but I don't know.

kommie
04-29-2011, 01:47 PM
:mad:

uh, is it cause I should of put I could not care less, since saying I could care less is wrong? Is not loving Slayer illegal or something? They're okay, but not really my thing.

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2011, 02:11 PM
uh, is it cause I should of put I could not care less, since saying I could care less is wrong? Is not loving Slayer illegal or something? They're okay, but not really my thing.

The first part. And for the love of God it's "SHOULD'VE", as in "SHOULD HAVE", not "should of". Same thing goes for "could have" and "would have." Sorry for being a grammar Nazi, but those kind of things just drive me crazy.

Xenocide
05-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Ozzfest 2011 is most likely going to be a 1-date destination event, or not happen at all. I just asked the show manager of the Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA; and he said that there has been no word of an Ozzfest this year whatsoever, and this is when most of the artists are done booking shows.

ravenheart
05-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Sorry for being a grammar Nazi, but those kind of things just drive me crazy.

Stupidity has the same effect on me ;)

Steev
05-07-2011, 08:07 AM
between Mayhem, Uproar, Summer Slaughter, The All Star Tour, and now the Big 4 show people just aren't gonna have money if there is an Ozzfest

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-07-2011, 11:11 AM
This probably isn't going to happen. Ozzy most likely wore himself out again.

Sieg Heil, Kevin Lyman & John Leese

DementedX14
05-07-2011, 11:22 AM
I just checked the Website, and the page that once said "2011 bands coming soon" is gone, and now it's just a blank page.

TonyD
05-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Figures

xskizzelzx90x
05-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I just checked the Website, and the page that once said "2011 bands coming soon" is gone, and now it's just a blank page.

nowhere near surprised :tp:

llama lom
05-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Well that's one less concert I have to pay for this summer.

hellawaits77ny
05-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Well that's one less concert I have to pay for this summer.

True that

daimonos
05-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm suprised they're not doing it again, even on a small scale. There was a huge turnout (in Pittsburgh, at least) last year.

stylesclash516
05-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm sort of surprised since I thought they would just do another small tour instead of nothing at all. I'm not really disappointed though, my summer is looking pretty good for concerts as it is. ;)

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
On the Ozzfest forums there was a thread stickied at the top about who the fans wanted on Ozzfest. It was there last week but gone today. Makes me think Ozzfest is not happening this year.

Lots of bands are left out of a long term summer tour in the US:

Judas Priest
All That Remains
Devildriver
Skeletonwitch
Dimmu Borgir
Danzig
Dragonforce
Mastodon
Etc

illuminatus917
05-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Pathetic.

JLRedWing13
05-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Not surprised.

Steev
05-08-2011, 03:38 AM
On the Ozzfest forums there was a thread stickied at the top about who the fans wanted on Ozzfest. It was there last week but gone today. Makes me think Ozzfest is not happening this year.

Lots of bands are left out of a long term summer tour in the US:

Judas Priest
All That Remains
Devildriver
Skeletonwitch
Dimmu Borgir
Danzig
Dragonforce
Mastodon
Etc

3 names stand out:
All That Remains(confirmed they'd be touring the US this summer)
Devildriver(dropped off Wacken for "US tour commitments")
Skeletonwitch(also dropped off Wacken)

JLRedWing13
05-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Judas Priest is booked elsewhere through early October, so....

Steev
05-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Judas Priest is booked elsewhere through early October, so....

Id rather see Priest headline if its infact their last run

JLRedWing13
05-08-2011, 03:28 PM
They're not going to play a festival on their last US tour, I'm sure.

TiradesOfTruth
05-08-2011, 05:59 PM
It makes me wonder why DevilDriver would cancel their Wacken show.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Its official. Ozzfest will not happen in 2011:

http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/05/ozzy-osbourne-on-ozzfest-2011-no-not.html

TonyD
05-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Called it.
Also, totally necessary to link your blog for that piece.

Steev
05-11-2011, 01:18 PM

another big tour?

Shadowswillfall414
05-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Oh well at least i can save my money for summer slaughter then.

Butcher of Birth
05-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Called it.
Also, totally necessary to link your blog for that piece.

Thank you for saying that. I've been saying it for awhile only to get flamed...

coltongsmith
05-16-2011, 12:43 PM

for the tour with skeletonwitch and arch enemy maybe?

Steev
05-16-2011, 12:48 PM
for the tour with skeletonwitch and arch enemy maybe?

if it is that's very strange, I mean I'm sure they could move a club tour around Wacken

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Not really. Alot of bands who sell albums/merch/concert tix on Skeletonwitch's level have part times jobs still. Going to Europe costs the smaller bands more $.

Plus, Skeletonwitch will be a good fit for the Devildriver and Arch Enemy fans who don't know about them. They will definitely win over alot of fans on this tour and it could move them to the next level of being a main support act on club tours.

I really hope they do not add a forth band so Skeletonwitch and Arch Enemy get longer sets.

Butcher of Birth
05-16-2011, 09:05 PM
I really hope they do not add a forth band so Skeletonwitch and Arch Enemy get longer sets.

You don't think Arch Enemy is able to Co-Headline? Really? :eyes:

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-17-2011, 03:51 AM
I never said that. They coud be the headliner and I would still want them to have a longer set.

Namaste
06-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I would have preferred to see something like this. And the bands are in no particular order:

Main Stage

Ozzy Osbourne
System of a Down
Rammstein
Rage Against The Machine
Anthrax
Motorhead
Five Finger Death Punch

Second Stage

Morbid Angel
Poison The Well
Most Precious Blood
The Sword
High on Fire
Airbourne
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth

AnthG
06-01-2011, 09:51 PM
*facepalm*

Namaste
06-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I never said that. They coud be the headliner and I would still want them to have a longer set.

Skeletonwitch is confirmed for that tour?