22. A Fire In babylon
23. Act Of Contrition
24. War
25. A Public Execution

:rocker:

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
:rocker:

Doubt they would play that long. Not sure if Brain Fairs voice can handle a 25 song set. I need to see them headline. As long as they play My Demise, King of Nothing and A Public Execution I'll be fine.

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Doubt they would play that long. Not sure if Brain Fairs voice can handle a 25 song set. I need to see them headline. As long as they play My Demise, King of Nothing and A Public Execution I'll be fine.

I never seen them headline but next tour cycle (which will prob be end of this year since there working on a new album right now) I need to see a headlining set. One of my fav bands and the only time i seen them was on mayhem fest.

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I never seen them headline but next tour cycle (which will prob be end of this year since there working on a new album right now) I need to see a headlining set. One of my fav bands and the only time i seen them was on mayhem fest.

I saw them in buffalo in 2007 and then I saw them in 2010 opening for Five finger Death Punch.
They're working on a new album? I wonder if it can top Retribution, they would need to put in alot of hard work just to top My Demise,King of Nothing and a Public Execution.

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 04:45 PM
I saw them in buffalo in 2007 and then I saw them in 2010 opening for Five finger Death Punch.
They're working on a new album? I wonder if it can top Retribution, they would need to put in alot of hard work just to top My Demise,King of Nothing and a Public Execution.

They said they want it to equal retribution. I love retribution so im stoked for this new album.

Sanitarium78
02-02-2011, 06:21 PM
There was a thread like this before.

The Path To Imminent Ruin(Intro)
1. My Demise
2. Still I Rise
3. Thoughts Without Words
4. Enlightened By The Cold
5. Redemption
6. Embrace Annihilation
7. Crushing Belial
8. The Art Of Balance
9. Failure Of The Devout
10. The Taste Of Fear
11. Picture Perfect
12. Of One Blood
13. Inspiration On Demand
14. A Public Execution
15. King Of Nothing
16. A Fire In Babylon
17. What Drives The Weak
18. The Light That Blinds

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
There was a thread like this before.

Oh shit didnt see that thread. Oh well.

goregutsbleed
02-02-2011, 09:28 PM
the path to imminent ruin(intro)
deadworld
another hero lost
the art of balance
redemption
just another nightmare
idle hands
what drives the weak
those who cannot speak
ghost of past failures
bark at the moon(ozzy cover)
in effigy
-----------encore
king of nothing
the light that blinds

x-voltage
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Retribution in its entirety

and then

The War Within in its entirety

goregutsbleed
02-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Retribution in its entirety

and then

The War Within in its entirety

even though that wouldnt happen it would be cool

Indestructible
06-05-2011, 07:16 PM
My Demise
Stepping out side the Circle
Storm Winds
The First Nobel Truth
Idle Hands
King Of Nothing
Picture Perfect
The Taste Of Fear
A Fire In Babylon
Act Of Contrition
Of One Blood
Burning The Lives
The Idiot Box
A Public Execution
What Drives The weak
Dread Uprising

Encore
In Effigy
Venomous
Enlightened By The Cold

zerkz
06-06-2011, 06:40 PM
My Demise
Of One Blood
Crushing Belial
A Fire in Babylon
Still I Rise
Pure
Thoughts Without Words
Those Who Cannot Speak
Stepping Outside the Circle
Forevermore
What Drives the Weak
Redemption (Although I hate this song with a passion)

Encore:
To Ashes
In Effigy
The Light That Blinds

Trying to keep it realistic in a way.... I'd rather not have any Threads of Life in there, but...

Indestructible
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
My Demise
Of One Blood
Crushing Belial
A Fire in Babylon
Still I Rise
Thoughts Without Words
Those Who Cannot Speak
Stepping Outside the Circle
What Drives the Weak

Encore:
To Ashes
Redemption (Although I hate this song with a passion)
In Effigy
The Light That Blinds

Pretty long setlist... butt... :rocker:
The set isn't long.

zerkz
06-07-2011, 03:52 AM
The set isn't long.

Your right. I just edited it and added in more.

x-voltage
06-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Totally agree with you Zerkz. Redemption sucks balls. I think this is the closest Shadows Fall has come to selling out. I compare that song to All That Remains' Two Weeks or Forever in your Hands. I think those two songs ruined ATR, and turned them into a sell out radio rock band. This Darkened Heart and Fall of Ideals are AMAZING and Overcome and For We Are Many are decent albums at best with a lot of crappy songs. I'm glad Shadows Fall didn't follow the direction of Redemption and decided to release arguably their best album in Retribution.

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Except ATR doesn't get played on the radio...

Having become of fan of Shadows Fall with the War Within album, I find most of their earlier songs unlistenable. Same with ATR. Too "raw" (not a good thing in this case) and it just sounds boring to me. Same old death metal. I think the melody, especially in the vocals department for both bands, is a good thing. Their new albums aren't my favorite, but they aren't an indication of "selling out". That would infer some sort of increased popularity as a result of changing their sound, and I'm not quite sure that has happened.

Sanitarium78
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Except ATR doesn't get played on the radio...

Having become of fan of Shadows Fall with the War Within album, I find most of their earlier songs unlistenable. Same with ATR. Too "raw" (not a good thing in this case) and it just sounds boring to me. Same old death metal. I think the melody, especially in the vocals department for both bands, is a good thing. Their new albums aren't my favorite, but they aren't an indication of "selling out". That would infer some sort of increased popularity as a result of changing their sound, and I'm not quite sure that has happened.

ATR did get 'Two Weeks' played on the radio a bit so it got them more noticed but it didn't get them gold or platinum sales. Which is what a once underground metal band needs to achieve in order for me to even start to consider them 'sellouts' of any kind. But then there's nothing wrong with trying a more appealing sound in an attempt to make more money at the job you do:D

Shadows Fall biggest peak in popularity was for TWW when they had a spot on Ozzfest while touring to support that album. I believe they opened the mainstage that year. I head that album has sold like 300,000 copies for them. Which is pretty good considering they've never gotten any radio play at all. TOL didn't sell that great and neither did Retribution. I don't think they've ever come close to selling out. I'm not sure if having the direct support slot when they toured with 5FDP last year helped them at all? We've gotta wait for their next album to come out to see if that gained them a bigger following or not.

zerkz
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
ATR did get 'Two Weeks' played on the radio a bit so it got them more noticed but it didn't get them gold or platinum sales. Which is what a once underground metal band needs to achieve in order for me to even start to consider them 'sellouts' of any kind. But then there's nothing wrong with trying a more appealing sound in an attempt to make more money at the job you do:D

Shadows Fall biggest peak in popularity was for TWW when they had a spot on Ozzfest while touring to support that album. I believe they opened the mainstage that year. I head that album has sold like 300,000 copies for them. Which is pretty good considering they've never gotten any radio play at all. TOL didn't sell that great and neither did Retribution. I don't think they've ever come close to selling out. I'm not sure if having the direct support slot when they toured with 5FDP last year helped them at all? We've gotta wait for their next album to come out to see if that gained them a bigger following or not.

TWW sold tons because of Guitar Hero 2.

Threads of Life was just mediocre for me.

I've seen ATR quite a few times, and it is obvious that they are trying to garner a more mainstream audience, while trying to keep some of the old folks. MANY of the songs on their last two new albums have growly/core vocals underneath the clean vocals. Still a good life band though, if they keep some of their old shit in the set.

x-voltage
06-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't know where you guys are from, but in Chicago I hear Two Weeks and Hold On on the radio all the time. I do hate how ATR uses the death growl underneath the clean singing in their verses now. If they used only the death growls, I think the songs would be a lot better because the music is great on the last 2 albums, I just don't like the change to more clean vocals in the verses.

Indestructible
02-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Seeing them on the 16th this is what I want them to play.

1. Destroyer Of Senses
2. Storm Winds
3. My Demise
4. Idle Hands
5. Enlightend By The Cold
6. Fleshold
7. Still I Rise
8. Ghost Of Past Failures
9. Taste Of Fear
10. The Art Of Balance
11. King Of Nothing
12. The Power Of I And I