PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park -- St. Paul, MN -- January 28th, 2011

Travis The Dragon
02-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Sure wish I could have made this show! Wow! They're doing a HUGE set!

The Requiem
Papercut
Lying From You
Given Up
What I've Done
Empty Spaces
When They Come for Me
No More Sorrow
Jornada del Muerto
Waiting For The End
Burning in the Skies
Numb
The Radiance
Breaking The Habit
Fallout
The Catalyst
Crawling
One Step Closer
Bleed It Out
(With A Place For My Head verse 1 & bridge, and drum solo)
Encore:
Wisdom, Justice, and Love
Iridescent
Shadow Of The Day
In The End
New Divide
Faint

SOURCE (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linkin-park/2011/xcel-energy-center-st-paul-mn-3d2cddb.html)

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Linkin park sucks.

DisposableJustice
02-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Ah yes I remember the good old days when Linkin Park was like GOOD....first two albums were killer...now, no so much anymore

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Ah yes I remember the good old days when Linkin Park was like GOOD....first two albums were killer...now, no so much anymore

Didnt really like the 2nd album, not bad, just not good. But yes first album was great.

mankvill
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Sure wish I could have made this show! Wow! They're doing a HUGE set!

The Requiem
Papercut
Lying From You
Given Up
What I've Done
Empty Spaces
When They Come for Me
No More Sorrow
Jornada del Muerto
Waiting For The End
Burning in the Skies
Numb
The Radiance
Breaking The Habit
Fallout
The Catalyst
Crawling
One Step Closer
Bleed It Out
(With A Place For My Head verse 1 & bridge, and drum solo)
Encore:
Wisdom, Justice, and Love
Iridescent
Shadow Of The Day
In The End
New Divide
Faint

SOURCE (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linkin-park/2011/xcel-energy-center-st-paul-mn-3d2cddb.html)

All those songs, only 7 good ones. And that's pushing it.

maidenpriest
02-02-2011, 03:18 PM
who cares if they are playing a long set when like 2/3 of the songs on the set suck...

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
who cares if they are playing a long set when like 2/3 of the songs on the set suck...

This

ShatteredFlame
02-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I should be seeing a headlining Pendulum show instead of seeing them open for Linkin Park at MSG. Gonna be sweet!

mastodon421
02-02-2011, 03:26 PM
All those songs, only 7 good ones. And that's pushing it.

Just about, I like Lying From You too. It's truely shameful what this band has become.

BlashyrkhMR101
02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Any chance you got a Pendulum setlist?

Dextrimental
02-02-2011, 05:55 PM
I would actually pay for that setlist, I had given up on seeing them because the new album is woeful, but there is enough of the first two albums that I didn't get to see when I seen them in 2008 that would justify me paying to see them again. Plus, with the amount of the new album, I could just spend the time at the bar.

bobbie solo
02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
i'd go for free friday at MSG if my wife's work suite opens up. I could sit through the muck to hear the good stuff from the first two albums.

eyekantspele
02-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Linkin Park's new album is total bullshit. Their first album was the best by far.

bobbie solo
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
the EGO and undeserved sense of self-importance a band must have to produce an album like the new one, considering your past output, is dazzling.

NickLed19
02-03-2011, 01:07 AM
First 2 LP albums are killer, awful band after that though.

The_jman
02-03-2011, 01:36 PM
that long of a set, and it sucks... geez, they need to be reminded that the new album sucks.

hellawaits77ny
02-03-2011, 11:51 PM

x2

Not trying to be a hater, but I dislike everything after their 1st 2 albums.

DisposableJustice
02-04-2011, 12:00 AM
x2

Not trying to be a hater, but I dislike everything after their 1st 2 albums.

I agree...although I will say their first 2 albums came for the right time for me, the shitty freshman and sophmore (sp) years in high school; LP was in my CD a lot during that time...but now even I would enjoy their first albums, I think they are well crafted pieces of music..

But man, after that I have no idea what happened; maybe the fame got to them and they "sold out" to get even more fans; maybe the record company pushed them in the wrong direction and they didn't have the balls/didn't want to fight back

My dream LP show would be all the songs from the first 2 albums mixed and matched in the set; nothing more

Shadowswillfall414
02-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I only like there first album. 2nd eh. But after that it is complete studio produced its not funny. They had 2 directions. the right one and the wrong one. They unfortunatly took the wrong one.

hellawaits77ny
02-04-2011, 09:25 PM
After hearing one of their new songs on the radio today, I couldn't believe my ears. The song had a "dance-like" beat. I was disgusted. I immediately texted my friend who's an LP fan, and told him everyone in the band should kill themselves.

Arrogant, self-important laughing stocks this formerly good band has become.

smearCampaign
02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Linkin Park is a goddamn joke.

If this tour was just the support bands it would be amazing!
The Prodigy headlining with Pendulum and Does It Offend You, Yeah? opening would be so fucking badass. :party:

666ways2love
02-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm all about bands finding and experimenting with new songs. Especially with a band like LP, I think they would be completely off basis if they were still trying to do Nu Metal in 2011.

My problem with alot if not most of the new material is it's all drums,dj,vox. (Forgive me for not knowing all their names) but in most of the songs the bassist and guitarist are just sitting there tapping their feet not doing anything. I just saw them on SNL Satuday night and I was just like WTF is the point. The guitarist is keeping busy playing a small drum set or using a bullhorn, then a tech comes on stage in the middle of the song to hand him his guitar so he can play a few notes. Not what I would like to see at a live show.

A thousand songs, although not my style of music being very hip hop/dance oriented, sounds really solid and very well layered on cd. It does not translate well into a live show.