PDA

View Full Version : Maralyin Manson to tour the US starting in April *No Confirmed Dates*

MPF
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
*My guitarist let out the news on his facebook to some of his friends, so it's ok to mention now*

I mentioned this in the big 4 tour thread. But I figured that I'll post it here too since it makes more sense.

Marilyn Manson is going on tour starting in April for anywhere from 60-80 shows. My guitarist's other band *where he plays bass* American Gothic, will be support along with 1-2 other bands.

That's all the info I got so far, a week from tonight I'll have the info on when it starts and who else is on the tour.

I'm not a fan of MM, and I'm very upset this is messing up my band, Shattered, but I'm happy that my guitarist will be getting exposure.

*I can't change the title, sorry for typos*

christopher
02-02-2011, 02:48 AM
I hope the tour is correct, but your info on 60 to 80 shows is wrong. He announced a year ago he was going to do three night stands across the US where he would play Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals and Hollywood each night. That shit better happen soon

MPF
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I hope the tour is correct, but your info on 60 to 80 shows is wrong. He announced a year ago he was going to do three night stands across the US where he would play Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals and Hollywood each night. That shit better happen soon

He could have changed his mind, or you could be right. I'm just going off the info I was given from my guitarist. He told me he'd be playing 4-5 shows a week over the span of a few months. Since he is my best friend, and he's apart of the tour, I tend to want to believe him.

ravenheart
02-02-2011, 11:38 AM
I would therefore expect the European leg in the autumn.

MPF
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I would therefore expect the European leg in the autumn.

I believe there is, My guitarist mention he's going for a world tour. Although if I hear American Gothic is going to the the European opener, I'm going to have to kick some ass.

ravenheart
02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I believe there is, My guitarist mention he's going for a world tour. Although if I hear American Gothic is going to the the European opener, I'm going to have to kick some ass.

Highly unlikely. No way European promoters would go for it.

MPF
02-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Highly unlikely. No way European promoters would go for it.

Unless they are a hit on the NA tour,

*edited post for obvious reasons*

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Would be cool to see him live but no rush.

Magson13
02-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I'll be honest, when this tour hits Minnesota, even if I get VIP pass, I probably still won't go.

What a good friend you are, supporting your buddy's band.

MPF
02-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Edited post for obvious reasons*

I'm just going to keep it nice and say that I am proud of him for actually getting his foot in the door in mainstream music. I just wish that Shattered doesn't have to suffer for it to happen.

AnthG
02-02-2011, 08:55 PM

Manson's last album was a bore, but his live show sucks so goddamn much now that I don't even think performing his good albums in entirety are enough to get me interested.

christopher
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Manson's last album was a bore, but his live show sucks so goddamn much now that I don't even think performing his good albums in entirety are enough to get me interested.

The last 2 albums were awful, had a few good points, but was awful overall. I've seen Manson five times and only one show kicked ass, the other 4 were awful. The second time I saw him was when Twiggy first got back in the band and they an awesome set of all my favorite songs. Those three albums are my favorites, so seeing them is a dream come true, then no more Manson shows after for me, unless he somehow records a kickass album

AnthG
02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I've seen Manson 3 times:

Ozzfest 2001: I was 12 and wasn't a huge fan of him (I was mainly there for Papa Roach and Linkin Park), but thought he was great live

2007 with Slayer: Thought he was decent, but it's a sad day when a band you don't even like wipes the floor with the band you actually paid to see

2009 tour: Garbage. Worst concert i've ever attended.

Ah well, at least I have the Guns, God, and Government DVD

ravenheart
02-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Unless they are a hit on the NA tour,

*edited post for obvious reasons*

Still not. European promoters are never going to book an unsigned American band with zero European presence or notoriety. Not when there are plenty of local bands they can book instead for half the cost. It just doesn't happen, regardless of how much they deserve it.

MPF
02-05-2011, 12:07 AM
^ I know you are right. I just get scared of losing the band that I started.

To those of you that have me as a friend on facebook, might already have my guitarist, but he posted this yesterday as his status. Take it easy on him, he's from Wisconsin like me.

so this is gonna blow everyones damn mind!!! the band American Gothic that im in, is goin on tour with MARILYN MANSON!!!! 60-80 gigs!!! i cant believe it. all my years of hard work and bustin my ass playin is gonna pay off!!!!!!!

Magson13
02-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Still not. European promoters are never going to book an unsigned American band with zero European presence or notoriety. Not when there are plenty of local bands they can book instead for half the cost. It just doesn't happen, regardless of how much they deserve it.

If it's done as a package, the European promoters will have no choice but to book the unsigned band in order to get the headliner.

MPF
02-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Well if you can't believe me, now you can believe Wolverinekills:

Rob Zombie has hired current Marilyn Manson drummer Ginger Fish to perform with his band during a US tour in February. Joey Jordison will be touring with The Murderdolls in Europe during February but will return to the Rob Zombie band after the European tour ends.

Ginger Fish will return for a spring US tour with Marilyn Manson. More information on that tour will be revealed soon.

christopher
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Just read on wiki that Manson has a new record thats going to be released in the next few months hopefully. Its suppose to be a lot heavier like the Antichrist to Hollywood days, so hopefully the reviews for it are correct. If the album is kickass, I wouldn't mind hearing it live in the next few months

AnthG
02-07-2011, 03:57 PM
People said that about High end of low before it came out.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
His new album will have more of a punk rock vibe to it. Not sure where Manson goes from here though. Its almost as if his gimmick has run its course. Not even bringing Twiggy back could save him. He needs a good guitar player and let Twiggy go back to bass.

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Eh..seeing him on mayhem fest was enough...its not the early 2000's anymore

Steev
02-08-2011, 12:10 PM

he was kinda "meh" at Mayhem, but ALOT better than when he co-headlined with Slayer 2 years earlier(that show was a serious dissapointment)

mastodon421
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM

+1

Mishael
02-14-2011, 09:51 AM
any updates?

MPF
02-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Nothing yet.

When I hear anything I'll report it.

Mishael
02-15-2011, 07:46 AM
the official Manson's page on his current label says that "no shows booked at the moment".

http://cookingvinyl.com/artists/marilyn-manson/

but I don't think your thread is a rumor, he's really planing the summer tour as well.

MPF
02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Unless my guitarist/Best Friend decided that he wanted to get everyone's hopes up that he's going on a majot tour and the only band he could think of that people would be interested in is Marilyn Manson, I don't think he would lie to me.

When I checked last he still didn't get a word on dates, only that he has to leave on tour in Late April.

Nick_to_the_face
02-15-2011, 11:01 AM
he was kinda "meh" at Mayhem, but ALOT better than when he co-headlined with Slayer 2 years earlier(that show was a serious dissapointment)

I personally think he has no business co-headlining for Slayer. At my Mayhem show Slayer's sound fucked up for the first half of the set, completely ruined the set for me and I still enjoyed them more than Manson

Steev
02-16-2011, 05:51 AM
Eh, I don't see him touring, I know Ginger Fish is doing some shows with Zombie this year

Mishael
02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Ginger Fish (drimmer) just leaving the band:

After much deliberation and constant reflection of where my life has been , and where it could or should be heading , I am regretful to inform the general population that I have decided to step down as a member of Marilyn Manson , and see where my life , and the knowledge of my availability cares to take me . I can't stand by to watch opportunities pass me by simply because the knowledge of my availability wasn't clearly expressed by me . I wish my brothers well , and I expect nothing but great things from them . Sincerely , Ginger Fish

As I understand Chris Vrenna will be as drummer for this tour or what? :bouville:

christopher
02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Ginger Fish (drimmer) just leaving the band:

As I understand Chris Vrenna will be as drummer for this tour or what? :bouville:

Damn that sucks

MPF
02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
I guess Joey won't be sticking with Zombie anymore and Slipknot will be returning full time. So Ginger moved on to bigger things with Zombie.

Sorry guys still no word yet on anything, but I will report the second I hear anything. My guitarist still hasn't heard anything new on the tour.

MPF
02-24-2011, 05:54 PM
2md bit of information I can add:

Wrecking Day featuring members of American Head Charge, will be on the bill along with Manson and American Gothic. One other band will be added in a total of 4 bands.

Everything is still being worked on at this point and my be going closer to a Late May start, Ginger Fish leaving Manson is also playing a part in this.

Mishael
03-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Do you know anything about 9 Electric? They are announced this tour as well:

http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Marilyn_Manson's_thirteenth_tour

MPF
03-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I do not actually. I'm glad to see that the rumors are picking up so people can stop accusing me of making up shit. Not you guys, but others that have sent me messages calling me a fag for making up a fake MM tour.

*sorry for the following rant, no directed at you guys at all just had to get it out there*

First off why would I make up a shitty tour rumor about Marilyn Manson in the first place when I give less then a fuck about him? If Iw as going to make up a tour I'd make it something cool like a SYL reunion or a Testament/Death Angel tour.

Until this thread I was thinking the tour got canceeled because American Gothic not Wrecking Day have heard anything about the tour yet, so maybe things are picking back up for a june/july tour or something. If they still go out in April/May, they will be getting a very short attendance tour.

That's all the info I got right now, apparently there is another AMerican Gothic show here in teh Twin Cities in 2 weeks, I'll maybe here something new by then as he has to head out that way to practice.

GWAR654
03-14-2011, 08:19 AM
idk how manson is going to be without ginger now

MPF
04-04-2011, 09:01 PM
More on this, not much but it's something....something that I wish my guitarist could have told me rather then reading on Facebook:

From American Gothic's Facebook

Wants to thank American Gothic for giving us multiple props off and on stage. Means a lot coming from these experienced rockers!! Check these guys out. Quite possibly the hardest music ever being played by the most down to earth people!!

They're playing 6 shows with Marilyn Manson soon. These guys are going to be huge.

Steev
04-05-2011, 07:33 AM
This tour needs bigger openers or its gonna flop

Nick_to_the_face
04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
I do not actually. I'm glad to see that the rumors are picking up so people can stop accusing me of making up shit. Not you guys, but others that have sent me messages calling me a fag for making up a fake MM tour.

*sorry for the following rant, no directed at you guys at all just had to get it out there*

First off why would I make up a shitty tour rumor about Marilyn Manson in the first place when I give less then a fuck about him? If Iw as going to make up a tour I'd make it something cool like a SYL reunion or a Testament/Death Angel tour.

Until this thread I was thinking the tour got canceeled because American Gothic not Wrecking Day have heard anything about the tour yet, so maybe things are picking back up for a june/july tour or something. If they still go out in April/May, they will be getting a very short attendance tour.

That's all the info I got right now, apparently there is another AMerican Gothic show here in teh Twin Cities in 2 weeks, I'll maybe here something new by then as he has to head out that way to practice.

That just wouldn't be right

Nick_to_the_face
04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
This tour needs bigger openers or its gonna flop

This. My friend who still think this is the early 2000's is convinced this tour is gonna be awesome..
Really? Who cared about Manson anymore? I don't.

stylesclash516
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM
This. My friend who still think this is the early 2000's is convinced this tour is gonna be awesome..
Really? Who cared about Manson anymore? I don't.

I'm still a Manson fan. :eyes:

MPF
04-05-2011, 11:51 AM
In a sick way I hope this tour does flop. That way my band, Shattered can get back to playing shows rather then sitting on it's ass with an unfinished album. Then again my other band Tears Of Ash is starting to line up shows, but regardless, Shattered has been on it's ass since August and I'm really sick of it.

But I'm not going to bitch too much about it. Instead of American Gothic doing 6 weeks like I was told before, it's only 6 days so I can live with that.

Nick_to_the_face
04-05-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm still a Manson fan. :eyes:

Then you shall be tarred and feathered

Nick_to_the_face
04-05-2011, 01:18 PM
In a sick way I hope this tour does flop. That way my band, Shattered can get back to playing shows rather then sitting on it's ass with an unfinished album. Then again my other band Tears Of Ash is starting to line up shows, but regardless, Shattered has been on it's ass since August and I'm really sick of it.

But I'm not going to bitch too much about it. Instead of American Gothic doing 6 weeks like I was told before, it's only 6 days so I can live with that.

Shit I'm gonna be heading down that road here pretty soon..my band's vocalist is gonna be going on tour with his band Prowl The Sky during the summer, and that leaves us shit out of luck..especially me since the summer is the best time for me to do stuff. So a summer of productivity is gonna go down the drain.

ravenheart
04-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I think he's far better now than he was before.

MPF
04-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Shit I'm gonna be heading down that road here pretty soon..my band's vocalist is gonna be going on tour with his band Prowl The Sky during the summer, and that leaves us shit out of luck..especially me since the summer is the best time for me to do stuff. So a summer of productivity is gonna go down the drain.

It really fucking sucks doesn't it.

I deleted it prior on the first page, but my guitarist even admited he fucked over Shattered to be in American Gothic, but after today I can be pissed about it again.

My guitarist and I work together at a local music shop that's ran by his parents. this past weekend it was all closed down because he had a show with American Gothic in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and yesterday it was closed as well for whatever reason.

I show up today for 3pm band practice and my drumset is all messed to shit, like everything was fucked around with *I have it there to practice on and teach drums on* I asked what was going on and His mom *who runs the show...not just the music shop hint hint* she said that it was used and she didn't have a chance to call me. There was plenty of time to give a 15 second phone call when she was there. And she told me that I need to stop getting in the way of my guitarist making it. :mad::mad::mad:

But I digress....

If American Gothic becomes the next big Mainstream band, good for him, I just hope he realized he is playing bass in that band, and not writing his own shit, let alone fucking over his best friends, to make it.

/rant

Magson13
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
It really fucking sucks doesn't it.

I deleted it prior on the first page, but my guitarist even admited he fucked over Shattered to be in American Gothic, but after today I can be pissed about it again.

My guitarist and I work together at a local music shop that's ran by his parents. this past weekend it was all closed down because he had a show with American Gothic in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and yesterday it was closed as well for whatever reason.

I show up today for 3pm band practice and my drumset is all messed to shit, like everything was fucked around with *I have it there to practice on and teach drums on* I asked what was going on and His mom *who runs the show...not just the music shop hint hint* she said that it was used and she didn't have a chance to call me. There was plenty of time to give a 15 second phone call when she was there. And she told me that I need to stop getting in the way of my guitarist making it. :mad::mad::mad:

But I digress....

If American Gothic becomes the next big Mainstream band, good for him, I just hope he realized he is playing bass in that band, and not writing his own shit, let alone fucking over his best friends, to make it.

/rant

:violin:

MPF
04-05-2011, 08:02 PM
:violin:

Thanks guy! I almost couldn't tell the sarcasm in that.

Nick_to_the_face
04-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks guy! I almost couldn't tell the sarcasm in that.

Maybe he'll understand when he actually makes music, rather than criticizing it :tp:

But yeah that really sucks, and as for the mom...that is pretty bitchy. "You're getting in the way." No, it's about you not wanting your shit fucked with.

MPF
04-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Maybe he'll understand when he actually makes music, rather than criticizing it :tp:

But yeah that really sucks, and as for the mom...that is pretty bitchy. "You're getting in the way." No, it's about you not wanting your shit fucked with.

Exactly. I have over $4000 invested in my kit. It would have been nice to know that people were fucking with it under her watch, but I found out 3 days later. What sucked the most was my 22" Sabian Paragon Ride fell forward and nearly cut my stomach in the middle of the first song, from normal playing! I have my kit setup so nothing ever moves that is not suppose to. But alas, I'm not her son or in American Gothic so it must be ok....:bouville:

But as mentioned on the previous page. This tour sounds like it is going to be a flop unless there is a bigger headliner. I mean 2 bands from Minnesota (although one of them has the singer and guitarist of American Head Charge, the band, Wrecking Day) you need a bigger band. Hell a few years ago he headlined Mayhem.

But besides all that jive, my other band Tears Of Ash is booking shows for Early May on, so at least I can look forward to getting some great shows here in the Twin Cities, instead of 6 dates with Manson as an unknown.

Nick_to_the_face
04-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Exactly. I have over $4000 invested in my kit. It would have been nice to know that people were fucking with it under her watch, but I found out 3 days later. What sucked the most was my 22" Sabian Paragon Ride fell forward and nearly cut my stomach in the middle of the first song, from normal playing! I have my kit setup so nothing ever moves that is not suppose to. But alas, I'm not her son or in American Gothic so it must be ok....:bouville:

:eek:
ya i'd be pissed..

MPF
04-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Although it doesn't say who they are opening for, it's pretty obvious. And if it is 100% true, this will be the worst selling Manson tour ever, every little promotion

http://www.myspace.com/events/View/10744980/American-Gothic-opens-for-natl-act-at-the-Cabooze

MPF
05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

American Gothic will not be on this upcoming tour...and they were never going to be.

Just got back from my good sources in the Twin Cities, apparently the guitarist/singer of the band, who ruined my band Shattered, just ASSumed that he could get American Gothic on the bill since he knows the tour organizer. He fucked up BIG TIME and fucked it up.

I shouldn't be gloating, but karma is a motherfucking bitch!!!

JUSTICE....SWEET POETIC JUSTICE!!!

Nick_to_the_face
05-12-2011, 10:37 PM

American Gothic will not be on this upcoming tour...and they were never going to be.

Just got back from my good sources in the Twin Cities, apparently the guitarist/singer of the band, who ruined my band Shattered, just ASSumed that he could get American Gothic on the bill since he knows the tour organizer. He fucked up BIG TIME and fucked it up.

:fist:

hellawaits77ny
05-12-2011, 10:48 PM

Good to hear. That dude seemed like a P.O.S.

MPF
05-12-2011, 11:12 PM
:fist:

Good to hear. That dude seemed like a P.O.S.

Thanks guys. :rocker:

This guy also took "stole" one of the best Technical drummers in the Twin Cities and turned him into Phil Rudd. It sucks because he is such a badass drummer who puts any drummer I've heard to shame, now playing just 4/4 and only playing double bass in the intro of the show, and during the main riff of one song.

To show you what I mean, this is his old band and my favorite Twin Cities band This Will Not End Well: Five Finger Donkey Punch (The video sadly cuts off the second half of the song):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qV6w90tKso

And this is American Gothic...My ex guitarist, is the blonde bassist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8CT1XXufpg&feature=related

Just not fair is it? :eyes:

Steev
05-13-2011, 07:15 AM
honestly I think anyone unsigned band who thinks they're doing a tour with a major artist is setting themself up for dissapointment

Dextrimental
05-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys. :rocker:

This guy also took "stole" one of the best Technical drummers in the Twin Cities and turned him into Phil Rudd. It sucks because he is such a badass drummer who puts any drummer I've heard to shame, now playing just 4/4 and only playing double bass in the intro of the show, and during the main riff of one song.

To show you what I mean, this is his old band and my favorite Twin Cities band This Will Not End Well: Five Finger Donkey Punch (The video sadly cuts off the second half of the song):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qV6w90tKso

And this is American Gothic...My ex guitarist, is the blonde bassist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8CT1XXufpg&feature=related

Just not fair is it? :eyes:

A) American Gothic strike me as radio friendly garbage. Not even radio friendly in a cool Lynyrd Synyrd rock we can all enjoy vibe, but music made to sell records.

B) Those chicks are hot, but sweet Jesus the band must not have much faith in their music if they require them dancing to sell tickets.

Bravo dude, justice is slow but it comes in the end.

Steev
05-13-2011, 10:04 AM
A) American Gothic strike me as radio friendly garbage. Not even radio friendly in a cool Lynyrd Synyrd rock we can all enjoy vibe, but music made to sell records.

B) Those chicks are hot, but sweet Jesus the band must not have much faith in their music if they require them dancing to sell tickets.

You just described every shitty local band I've ever seen

Watered down crap with a fake "edge"(tattoos, using the F word a lot, etc) and trashy girls whoring themselves as "promotion"

Failure at its finest

mankvill
05-13-2011, 10:11 AM

To quote the great jhdeity:

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

Oh fuck, you must feel amazing right now.

MPF
05-13-2011, 11:31 AM

Thank you! The justice feels damn good right now!

That's exactly what they are. and that is their lead "single" around here. Sadly it has been on the radio. But I guess in spite of this, they are opening for Texas Hippie Coalition in Minnesota....well not opening, they are playing after they are done when THC are signing autographs. :D

My ex guitarist was telling me about this exact show, I guess so are the house dancers, as in they are their for every band that plays the venue. During one of their songs, the chick on his side tripped and fell over his bass cord, knocking out his bass for a good 2 minutes. which is too bad they didn't get that recorded, as they would be youtube sensations now.

You just described every shitty local band I've ever seen

Watered down crap with a fake "edge"(tattoos, using the F word a lot, etc) and trashy girls whoring themselves as "promotion"

Failure at its finest

There's actually not too much of that around here. It's more of the deathcore, or Attack Attack without keyboards sounding bands I've been stuck doing shows with. But A.G. fits exactly what you said.

To quote the great jhdeity:

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

Oh fuck, you must feel amazing right now.

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

I couldn't feel better right now, well besides the fact Shattered is done, but I'm not sad enough about it to come back to it. I don't take back the cheating ex girlfriend after she leaves me for another guy.

Steev
05-13-2011, 12:01 PM
There's actually not too much of that around here. It's more of the deathcore, or Attack Attack without keyboards sounding bands I've been stuck doing shows with. But A.G. fits exactly what you said.

thats a suprise, Philly has ALOT of those bands(and they always end up opening for bands I want to see, it sucks)

also side note, American Gothic is a pretty generic name

MPF
05-13-2011, 12:17 PM
thats a suprise, Philly has ALOT of those bands(and they always end up opening for bands I want to see, it sucks)

also side note, American Gothic is a pretty generic name

They were originally based out of North Carolina, then moved up here. lost 2 members, stole 2 members and are no longer opening for Marilyn Manson.

I guess that does sound like every local band. :tongue:

IrritatedTrout
05-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I commented that that video "sucks ass" and now the guy that posted the video is writing on my youtube profile.:lol:

ravenheart
05-13-2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ1TWGVnz-o&feature=related

That's one messy fucking song.

MPF
05-13-2011, 05:55 PM
I commented that that video "sucks ass" and now the guy that posted the video is writing on my youtube profile.:lol:

Have I told you lately that I love you? :rocker:

I love his comment back, it's really hard not to do better. 3 chord song with a Zakk Wylde ripoff solo, yeah, every Hard Rock bands does that now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ1TWGVnz-o&feature=related

That's one messy fucking song.

Yeah that is sloppy as hell. I was going to post that one at first, but I thought I'd post the one that showed them in a somewhat better light. That didn't work either. :tongue:

stylesclash516
05-13-2011, 07:59 PM

I laughed when he posted "like to see you do better" because it would be more amazing if he could do any worse.

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Soooooo... not that I actually care about Manson...but it's May. Have there been like dates announced or anything? Or is this thread about some "opening band"?

MPF
05-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I laughed when he posted "like to see you do better" because it would be more amazing if he could do any worse.

I actually know the guy who posted that. He's a local videographer who tapes all local Twin Cities bands. He's a cool guy, but I'm sure he's just defending one of his friends. I gotta respect that, even if the comment can easily be proven wrong.

Soooooo... not that I actually care about Manson...but it's May. Have there been like dates announced or anything? Or is this thread about some "opening band"?

What I had originally planned was that my ex guitarist told me that he was going to be touring opening for Manson, so I was suppose to get all the information about the tour, such and such. As of yesterday I found out it was all bullshit, or was going to happened and the guitarist/singer of American Gothic fucked it up for the band to go on tour. SO know I'm enjoying them eat crow, with egg all over their face, and I couldn't possibly care less about this tour.

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Ok that makes sense.

MPF
06-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Another update:

Well like most of you including me agreed, American Gothic aren't good enough to go on tour....that is why they aren't on the tour. I talked to the booking agent of the tour (yes I actually did hes from Minnesota) Turns out he was invited to see American Gothic play at a show, and walked out after 2 songs saying "These guys aren't ready to tour anywhere!"

But in related news, American Gothic is going on tour with Texas Hippie Coalition in the near future. THC (haha, get it?) is actually a good band, very Pantera sounding. Feel free to knock American Gothic as much as you want though.

Nick_to_the_face
06-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Texas Hippie Coalition is the shit :blaze:

MPF
06-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Texas Hippie Coalition is the shit :blaze:

Yes they are. My only guess is that they are bringing American Gothic on tour to make their set sound even more better then if they toured alone.

Magson13
06-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Yes they are. My only guess is that they are bringing American Gothic on tour to make their set sound even more better then if they toured alone.

And to tell promoters they have two touring bands, not just one, that way they get paid more. And then pay American Gothic almost nothing. Bands have done this in the past, and it works :P

MPF
06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
And to tell promoters they have two touring bands, not just one, that way they get paid more. And then pay American Gothic almost nothing. Bands have done this in the past, and it works :P

That actually does make a lot of sense.

Magson13
06-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Ya. And when you're playing bars for $500, an extra $50-$75 makes a difference. Haha

MPF
06-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Ya. And when you're playing bars for $500, an extra $50-$75 makes a difference. Haha

I know that feeling well.

mankvill
06-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I seriously want to nominate this thread to be the first thread in the Metalsetlists Hall Of Fame

MPF
06-17-2011, 05:41 PM
I seriously want to nominate this thread to be the first thread in the Metalsetlists Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame or Hall of Shame?

Either way I second the motion.

Nick_to_the_face
06-18-2011, 04:53 PM

That actually does make a lot of sense.

It really does, but I'd pretty pissed if I was the small band :hmm:

Hall Of Fame or Hall of Shame?

Either way I second the motion.

I third it that motion

Magson13
06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
It really does, but I'd pretty pissed if I was the small band :hmm:

Most local nobodies that get onto a national tour like that, are actually getting a huge opportunity with it, so they're stoked.

MPF
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM
From having played gigs with Radio Cover bands to opening for After The Burial (before they were huge, they are from the Twin Cities after all) I can say that any opening band gets fucked big time unless they are a big enough name to sell merchandise.

For an actual paid gig, you are lucky to get gas money to the next show if you are the opener. At that time being the opener is about selling merchandise and getting exposure for what you do after the tour is done.

For American Gothic, what can I say they are getting some exposure now, maybe even from be bitching on here. They played at the Mall Of America a couple weeks ago. My old guitarist is doing exactly what I want to be doing right now, playing shows. Tears Of Ash just broke up last week. (I didn't bother to update my thread about it in the musicians section, I'm still just to pissed about it) Even if I never get to go on a full fledged tour, I least want to get back to gigging on a regular basis, hell even 1-2 shows a month.

Ok enough venting, American Gothic sucks! haha

Nick_to_the_face
06-19-2011, 12:14 PM
From having played gigs with Radio Cover bands to opening for After The Burial (before they were huge, they are from the Twin Cities after all) I can say that any opening band gets fucked big time unless they are a big enough name to sell merchandise.

For an actual paid gig, you are lucky to get gas money to the next show if you are the opener. At that time being the opener is about selling merchandise and getting exposure for what you do after the tour is done.

For American Gothic, what can I say they are getting some exposure now, maybe even from be bitching on here. They played at the Mall Of America a couple weeks ago. My old guitarist is doing exactly what I want to be doing right now, playing shows. Tears Of Ash just broke up last week. (I didn't bother to update my thread about it in the musicians section, I'm still just to pissed about it) Even if I never get to go on a full fledged tour, I least want to get back to gigging on a regular basis, hell even 1-2 shows a month.

Ok enough venting, American Gothic sucks! haha

That sucks man, you guys were good :(
We aren't doing too bad right now. The vocalist that was causing issues is gone, but now our new one lives 45 minutes away and we can barely practice, let alone play shows..fuck this i'm coming to Wisonsin and we're starting a band :lol:

MPF
06-19-2011, 01:09 PM
That sucks man, you guys were good :(
We aren't doing too bad right now. The vocalist that was causing issues is gone, but now our new one lives 45 minutes away and we can barely practice, let alone play shows..fuck this i'm coming to Wisonsin and we're starting a band :lol:

Thanks man.

Yeah I guess it is just the luck of the draw. I have a few projects in mind, but I want a full real band again, unless I can do like my good friend Tony Garfield (Former Anal Blast drummer) is doing, playing/subbing in as many bands as he can.

Band life, what can I say?

MPF
06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
In speaking of all of this, here is American Gothic opening...no wait I mean playing after Texas Hippie Coalition's set while HTC was signing autographs in the next room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nsMFOkl1uI&feature=youtu.be

Nick_to_the_face
06-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Which one was your guy again?

MPF
06-19-2011, 11:30 PM
The bassist, (Blonde guy) He was the guitarist in Shattered, and he is still a damn good shredder, but he decided this was better.

Honestly I've heard a lot of shitty covers of Ace Of Spade. This is right near the top for me.

Wizzbang11
06-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Holy shit that Ace of Spades cover sucks.
I don't know why bands who don't use distorted bass always insist on playing the song normally, it always sounds like ass. What the fuck was that clacky bass noodling all over that song for? I really didn't think that a "about to do a national tour" band would fuck up a simple song that badly.

Also, playing a song fast=/=better.

MPF
06-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Holy shit that Ace of Spades cover sucks.
I don't know why bands who don't use distorted bass always insist on playing the song normally, it always sounds like ass. What the fuck was that clacky bass noodling all over that song for? I really didn't think that a "about to do a national tour" band would fuck up a simple song that badly.

....that is why I posted it. :tongue:

Like mentioned above this was during the Texas Hippie Coalition show....and they STILL want to bring American Gothic on tour with them...

http://s.sfwgifs.com/img/994/steven-colbert.gif

Wizzbang11
06-20-2011, 12:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMDnPHlp6A&feature=related
This video actually more accurately represents what I'm talking about, bassially.

Every other thing about it sucks too. It all has a vibe of every band member trying to one up each other with tricks and stage presence, instead of a unified force of energy. Dumb.

MPF
06-20-2011, 12:10 AM
This video actually more accurately represents what I'm talking about, bassially.

Every other thing about it sucks too. It all has a vibe of every band member trying to one up each other with tricks and stage presence, instead of a unified force of energy. Dumb.

I actually think this one is funnier visually. Look at the fucking scarf!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yet apparently this is a band worthy of a national tour?

Nick_to_the_face
06-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Man they suck...
Plus the name is fucking stupid

Dextrimental
06-20-2011, 11:19 PM

Jesus thats woeful.

Also, 'Stagger When I'm Drunk'? Good christ.

MPF
06-20-2011, 11:54 PM
I almost wish the video was a joke, but its all real.

stylesclash516
06-21-2011, 06:48 AM
In speaking of all of this, here is American Gothic opening...no wait I mean playing after Texas Hippie Coalition's set while HTC was signing autographs in the next room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nsMFOkl1uI&feature=youtu.be

THE EASE OF SPEEDS

Nick_to_the_face
06-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Jesus thats woeful.

Also, 'Stagger When I'm Drunk'? Good christ.

Must have took a genius to come up with that song title.

MPF
06-21-2011, 01:49 PM
My ex guitarist commented on my facebook: "yeah well we never had to fucking break up."

That's right, you had your mom fire me from my job teaching drums and from Shattered, then our bassist and vocalist found that fucked up, and quit. I guess he wanted them to keep going with him or something, or he wanted me to wait until American Gothic was run into the ground or something so we could keep going.

For some reason anytime he comments on my facebook or leaves me a message I ask him what happened with the whole Marilyn Manson tour and he never seems to respond back. I wonder why....

mankvill
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
We can start an internet-based metal band! I play bass!

brutal_descent
06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I take rhythm guitar. :finger:

MPF
06-21-2011, 02:52 PM
If I had my own recording equipment. I'd be all over that.

MPF
06-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Haha now he has his girlfriend bitching at me on facebook.

Nick_to_the_face
06-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I take lead ;)

Nick_to_the_face
06-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Haha now he has his girlfriend bitching at me on facebook.

That means business.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 08:57 AM
I take lead ;)

:agree: I like this.

Jackson - bass
Nicky - lead
Link (get it? zelda :D) - rhythm
MPF guy - drums

now we just need slap on vocals.

AnthG
06-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Yup, great to see that this thread has morphed into a "hate on guy who MPF knows" thread.:tp:

MPF
06-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Yup, great to see that this thread has morphed into a "hate on guy who MPF knows" thread.:tp:

Well since the very first post, I made inclusion on how fucked up this is. I've been giving out the facts as they've been given to me. and this is the thread now of us starting a MetalSetlists Metal band. :D