PDA

View Full Version : 2011.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Someone PM me please... I am unable to locate!!!

christopher
09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
New Wormrot song (http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/09/16/wormrot-breed-to-breed-song/):rocker:

jd091
09-16-2011, 12:58 PM
New Wormrot song (http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/09/16/wormrot-breed-to-breed-song/):rocker:

:eek: :shred:

makethemsuffer12
09-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Listening now!

makethemsuffer12
09-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Definitely a serious change stylistically from The Blackening but I'm not complaining.

Come on, it's not that different. Definitely some more neoclassical stuff going on, but it's still pretty similar.

Blackened12
09-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Come on, it's not that different. Definitely some more neoclassical stuff going on, but it's still pretty similar.

Sounded like it to me. I mean I get different vibes as a whole from both albums. Like take the first half of Darkness Within for example, nothing like that on The Blackening. Lyrically too I feel like it's a rather different approach.

dcmetal108
09-16-2011, 02:18 PM
I'll check it out and I was told not to post threads about leaked albums. I thought the 2011 thread was just where you should post it lmao.

Travis The Dragon
09-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I'll check it out and I was told not to post threads about leaked albums. I thought the 2011 thread was just where you should post it lmao.

Yep, I was told the same by es156.

King Slender
09-16-2011, 07:09 PM
can't stop listening to Worship Music.

Sanitarium78
09-16-2011, 07:22 PM
can't stop listening to Worship Music.

Me neither:rocker:

I'm gonna check out the new Machine Head tonight. I'm looking forward to hearing what they got for us now.

BloodoftheKings
09-16-2011, 07:26 PM
I like Worship Music but the songs between In The End and Revolution Screams are very meh to me. I didn't bother to skip to it the first time I listened to the album but the Refused cover is awesome.

dcmetal108
09-16-2011, 08:54 PM
The new Evanescence just got leaked.

hb420
09-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Old Silver Key leaked fucking amazing.

christopher
09-16-2011, 10:40 PM
OMG!! Hail!Hornet came out with a new cd called Disperse The Curse. I must listen to is asap!! They are one of my favorite sludge bands. Everyone listen to now!! Troy from Sourvein, Dixie from Weedeater and Erik from Alabama Thunderpussy.

Shoot the Pigs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isIjqcCKALo)

MPF
09-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Old Silver Key leaked fucking amazing.

Just looked up what this was about...

DO WANT NAO!!!!!!!

daimonos
09-17-2011, 12:41 AM
OMG!! Hail!Hornet came out with a new cd called Disperse The Curse. I must listen to is asap!! They are one of my favorite sludge bands. Everyone listen to now!! Troy from Sourvein, Dixie from Weedeater and Erik from Alabama Thunderpussy.

Shoot the Pigs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isIjqcCKALo)

Good album...you're late to the party, my friend.

Rocco44
09-17-2011, 03:50 AM
Just looked up what this was about...

DO WANT NAO!!!!!!!

Hmm... I'm intrigued by this. The song I heard wasn't too promising though.

MPF
09-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Hmm... I'm intrigued by this. The song I heard wasn't too promising though.

Not sure which one you heard. I just heard the whole thing. It's a sleeper album for my top 20 of the year.

MPF
09-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Just heard Anthem and Days OF Rage off Iced Earth's Dystopia.....

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I will reiterate it. Stu Block is Matt Barlow REBORN!!!!

Don't believe me? Just look these up. Raven, feel free to back me up on this. :)

daimonos
09-17-2011, 05:42 PM
bought the new album by a band on Southern Lord called Summon the Crows yesterday. Pretty cool stuff. I guess you could say they're a crust band with black/death influences. Definitely worth checking out.

larvtard
09-17-2011, 06:37 PM
bought the new album by a band on Southern Lord called Summon the Crows yesterday. Pretty cool stuff. I guess you could say they're a crust band with black/death influences. Definitely worth checking out.

thanks so much for telling me about this, man :rocker: Guys fucking slay.

I've gotten into crust so much the past year. Definitely one of my favorite metal sub-genres now.

mastodon421
09-17-2011, 06:40 PM
New Machine Head is great stuff, I don't really get all the backlash towards it. New blink-182 is decent overall, but it's really all over the place in terms of quality. I will say it's a lot better than the self-titled album.

larvtard
09-17-2011, 06:43 PM
New Machine Head is great stuff, I don't really get all the backlash towards it. New blink-182 is decent overall, but it's really all over the place in terms of quality. I will say it's a lot better than the self-titled album.

just listened to the new Machine Head. the clean vocals are probably gonna take a LONG time to get into, but the songs are so amazing, I can deal with it for now :rocker:

haven't listened to the new Blink yet, but I should get on that!

Dextrimental
09-17-2011, 06:50 PM
New Machine Head is great. New Dream Theater is good, not great, but good.

dcmetal108
09-17-2011, 07:00 PM
New Blink is actually pretty good. WAY better than expected.

christopher
09-17-2011, 09:16 PM
New Blink is actually pretty good. WAY better than expected.

Its growing on me so much. I have been playing it nonstop for the last few days

hb420
09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Whoa the new Amebix is so awesome. :drool: This is my first time checking them out. Are their other two full lengths worth checking out? The new Warbringer leaked as well.

treghet
09-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Whoa the new Amebix is so awesome. :drool: This is my first time checking them out. Are their other two full lengths worth checking out? The new Warbringer leaked as well.

Dumb question. ;)

christopher
09-18-2011, 03:28 AM
I didn't know Amebix's new album came out!!:eek: I'm getting on top of that right now. You need to check the other albums out hb420, they're awesome. Amebix was one of the best crust bands I have ever seen. I got to see their first show in America and the first reunion show. I hope they come back here one day.

Maiden33
09-18-2011, 06:42 AM
If I had to put together a 2011 top 10 as of right now...

01 Symphony X - Iconoclast
02 Riot - Immortal Soul
03 Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy
04 Redemption - This Mortal Coil
05 Evergrey - Glorious Collision
06 Malison Rogue - Malison Rogue
07 Eden's Curse - Trinity
08 Toby Hitchcock - Mercury's Down
09 Stratovarius - Elysium
10 Borealis - Fall From Grace

Honorable mentions:
Arch/Matheos, Journey, Dream Theater, Mr. Big, Lost in Thought, Voodoo Circle, and Demon's Eye.

Not too many albums yet to be released that I know of that I'm excited for - I'd say the new Myrath is the biggest one. Oh, and I've had the new Anubis Gate, just need to listen to it.

DethMaiden
09-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Jesus, Evergrey misses the top 10?

Maiden33
09-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Jesus, Evergrey misses the top 10?

You know, I KNEW I forgot something... :eyes:

Jesus christ, I'm even seeing them tonight, haha.

DethMaiden
09-18-2011, 08:25 AM
You know, I KNEW I forgot something... :eyes:

Jesus christ, I'm even seeing them tonight, haha.

Whew. I've got their album sitting at #12 right now. Pretty insane considering I've heard 97 albums and at least liked most of them.

daimonos
09-18-2011, 10:46 AM
thanks so much for telling me about this, man :rocker: Guys fucking slay.

I've gotten into crust so much the past year. Definitely one of my favorite metal sub-genres now.

No problem, man :fist:

I'm liking the album alot, too. I've liked crust ever since I first heard Disfear (who I fucking love, by the way), but I've never really been able to find a whole lot of crust albums. Crust is a genre I've been meaning to check out more for awhile, but just never got around to it.

larvtard
09-18-2011, 12:02 PM
No problem, man :fist:

I'm liking the album alot, too. I've liked crust ever since I first heard Disfear (who I fucking love, by the way), but I've never really been able to find a whole lot of crust albums. Crust is a genre I've been meaning to check out more for awhile, but just never got around to it.

check these crust bands out if you haven't heard them already:

Acephalix
Hellbastard
Early Graves
Complete failure
Embolization
Iskra
Hellshock
Infernal Stronghold
Life Erased
Massgrave
Masakari
Morne
Sanctum
Stormcrow

brutal_descent
09-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Acephalix
Hellbastard
Early Graves
Complete failure
Embolization
Iskra
Hellshock
Infernal Stronghold
Life Erased
Massgrave
Masakari
Morne
Sanctum
Stormcrow

I only know Masakari out of those :lol:

daimonos
09-18-2011, 12:22 PM

Acephalix
Hellbastard
Early Graves
Infernal Stronghold
Morne
Stormcrow

I've heard of these. Definitely gonna check out alot of these bands. Especially the ones on MDF.

jd091
09-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Guys, hold your feelings on this band and their sound. This is some great album art!

http://travisfaulk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/We-Came-As-Romans-Understanding-What-We%E2%80%99ve-Grown-To-Be-Album-Art.png

ravenheart
09-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Guys, hold your feelings on this band and their sound. This is some great album art!

http://travisfaulk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/We-Came-As-Romans-Understanding-What-We%E2%80%99ve-Grown-To-Be-Album-Art.png

Damn that's sweet.

ravenheart
09-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Demon's Eye

This will probably make the honourable mention list on mine too. Something tells me we'll be the only two :lol:

Don't forget White's solo album comes out next month.

MPF
09-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I still can't do a Top 20 yet. Too many albums haven't been released yet that I care about.

Once I do though, for January I plan on either doing a 2 part, or a 2 hour long program for my radio show on my top 20 albums. I'll still probably post the list here, But it'll actually be fun recording that show.

ravenheart
09-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I still can't do a Top 20 yet. Too many albums haven't been released yet that I care about.

Once I do though, for January I plan on either doing a 2 part, or a 2 hour long program for my radio show on my top 20 albums. I'll still probably post the list here, But it'll actually be fun recording that show.

Obviously still post the list here, for the annual site-wide top 10 points and shit.

MPF
09-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Obviously still post the list here, for the annual site-wide top 10 points and shit.

Oh yeah, definitely. I just meant whether I post it before my Top 20 special or not.

Travis The Dragon
09-18-2011, 02:39 PM
The new Evanescence album FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :rocker: :blaze:

MPF
09-18-2011, 02:42 PM
The new Evanescence album FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :rocker: :blaze:

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Travis The Dragon
09-18-2011, 02:55 PM
:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Not a big fan I take it? Well, after their last album which was pretty soft and mellow, this is quite a step up.

larvtard
09-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Not a big fan I take it? Well, after their last album which was pretty soft and mellow, this is quite a step up.

Not trying to sound like an ass or anything, but why do you even post here?

MPF
09-18-2011, 03:04 PM

That's a bit much man. Calm down.

But on Evanescence. Their new single is actually not bad. I dare say their best single. But nothing I could really be a fan of it.

Lacuna Coil did all this well before them, and I'm not even much of a fan of them.

jd091
09-18-2011, 03:05 PM

Evanescence has gotta be better than some of the shit I get away with posting. :lol:

MPF
09-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Evanescence has gotta be better than some of the shit I get away with posting. :lol:

How is that new Oceano anyways?

Oh wait, that's right, I don't give a flying fuck!

:D:D:D

Travis The Dragon
09-18-2011, 03:15 PM

What do you have against me?

DethMaiden
09-18-2011, 03:18 PM
What do you have against me?

Everyone is misinterpreting his comment, I think. What I believe Ben means is, on a board where everyone listens primarily to things that in no way resemble Evanescence or Hawthorne Heights or Breaking Benjamin or whoever else you like, why are you posting here? Wouldn't you get more out of a forum where people like the shit you like? That's all I think his comment was.

MPF
09-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Everyone is misinterpreting his comment, I think. What I believe Ben means is, on a board where everyone listens primarily to things that in no way resemble Evanescence or Hawthorne Heights or Breaking Benjamin or whoever else you like, why are you posting here? Wouldn't you get more out of a forum where people like the shit you like? That's all I think his comment was.

He was at Blind Guardian in Minneapolis, he's legit.

larvtard
09-18-2011, 03:21 PM

Thanks Brad :fist:

FYI, I don't have anything against you fonz.

Travis The Dragon
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM

If you would take time to look at all the concerts I've been too, you'd see I'm into quite a variety of music. :)

Sanitarium78
09-18-2011, 05:07 PM
If you would take time to look at all the concerts I've been too, you'd see I'm into quite a variety of music. :)

Most of us here listen to a variety of music but that isn't the point. Please re-read the comment Brad posted before:

What I believe Ben means is, on a board where everyone listens primarily to things that in no way resemble Evanescence or Hawthorne Heights or Breaking Benjamin or whoever else you like, why are you posting here? Wouldn't you get more out of a forum where people like the shit you like? That's all I think his comment was.

Do you get it now? It's has nothing to do with variety. It has to do with the fact that you've been here long enough to know how many fans there are of certian bands on this board. The bands in the quote above nobody here gives a shit about so why mention them?

christopher
09-18-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm definitely not a fan of Evanescence, but who really cares if he posts that he likes their new music? I thought this thread was about 2011 releases. If they put something out in 2011, then its fair game. If it really bothers you that someone posted about a band you don't like in this thread, then there are some personal issues going on.

es156
09-18-2011, 05:26 PM

This. :lol:

I'm definitely not a fan of Evanescence, but who really cares if he posts that he likes their new music? I thought this thread was about 2011 releases. If they put something out in 2011, then its fair game. If it really bothers you that someone posted about a band you don't like in this thread, then there are some personal issues going on.

And definitely this. Everybody needs to relax.

Travis The Dragon
09-18-2011, 05:27 PM

Thank you very much. We all have a right to like who we want to like and post what we want to post as long as we don't break the rules. :)

MPF
09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Thank you very much. We all have a right to like who we want to like and post what we want to post as long as we don't break the rules. :)

......or repost what's been already posted. ;)

Travis The Dragon
09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
......or repost what's been already posted. ;)

At least it gives you a reason to do this!
http://www.metalsetlists.com/image.php?u=2238&dateline=1304284601
:lol:

christopher
09-18-2011, 05:57 PM

MPF
09-18-2011, 05:59 PM
At least it gives you a reason to do this!
http://www.metalsetlists.com/image.php?u=2238&dateline=1304284601

It's been a while since I posted that. I miss it.

King Slender
09-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Well, since I've seen several posts about blink-182, I can make the following confession without feeling too embarrassed.....I like the new Kittie album.

jd091
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Well, since I've seen several posts about blink-182, I can make the following confession without feeling too embarrassed.....I live the new Kittie album.

fuck the what?

Blink is obviously an amazing band; how anyone could disagree with that is beyond me.

daimonos
09-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Blink is obviously an amazing band; how anyone could disagree with that is beyond me.

yea okay...

:D

BloodoftheKings
09-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Blink is obviously a terrible band; how anyone could disagree with that is beyond me.

This.

jd091
09-18-2011, 07:45 PM
yea okay...

It's fair to say, "I don't like pop-punk as a whole". Okay. But they're probably the best representation of that genre as a whole, and to deny their talent/songwriting abilities is just arrogant. ;)

Dextrimental
09-18-2011, 07:55 PM
But they're probably the best representation of that genre as a whole, and to deny their talent/songwriting abilities is just arrogant. ;)

This. Plus, if you listen to their early records, they started out as a very straight up punk band, and went into a more melodic route. Them, along with Green Day, defined pop-punk for the most part.

christopher
09-18-2011, 07:56 PM
It's fair to say, "I don't like pop-punk as a whole". Okay. But they're probably the best representation of that genre as a whole, and to deny their talent/songwriting abilities is just arrogant. ;)

She gives me rim jobs by the stairs
Surprises let me know she cares

Blink 182 is one of my favorite bands. They are so creative sometimes :lol:

jd091
09-18-2011, 08:23 PM
She gives me rim jobs by the stairs
Surprises let me know she cares

Blink 182 is one of my favorite bands. They are so creative sometimes :lol:

Do they say that live or something? :lol:

christopher
09-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Do they say that live or something? :lol:

haha yeah they change up the lyrics to a lot of their songs when they play it live to keep up their humor.

mankvill
09-18-2011, 08:53 PM
haha yeah they change up the lyrics to a lot of their songs when they play it live to keep up their humor.

I got an injection
Of fear from the abduction
My best friend thinks I'm just humping guys

powerslave_85
09-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I got an injection
Of fear from the abduction
My best friend thinks I'm just humping guys
"Twelve majestic lies..."
"...Tom has sex with guys."

maidenpriest
09-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Honorable mentions:
Arch/Matheos,

Idk why but I just assumed that you didn't like John Arch lol

hb420
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
The Hunter leaked!!!

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
The Hunter leaked!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

Maiden33
09-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Idk why but I just assumed that you didn't like John Arch lol

Honestly I'm not a big fan. I mean I don't hate the guy or anything, but his voice has always been kinda weird for me. But I really, really love the music and all the playing on it. It's a great album, even if I would've much rather heard it with Ray Alder singing.

ShatteredFlame
09-19-2011, 10:13 AM
The Hunter leaked!!!

scared to listen to it honestly

GarageMetal468
09-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Oh hey it would leak when I'm at school! Eh I got a shit ton of music this past weekend to hold me over for now but this coming weekend I shall check it out. I'm really looking forward to listening to it.

jd091
09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
scared to listen to it honestly

I'm definitely not in a rush to hear it, but I'll give it a try whenever it does come out.

ShatteredFlame
09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm on the sixth track now. Honestly the singles sound better in the context of the album. It's fast paced and doesn't really let up (so far) but it's starting to get repetitive.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. it gets slower starting at the title track and I kinda lost interest.

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 01:32 PM
I will reiterate it. Stu Block is Matt Barlow REBORN!!!!

Don't believe me? Just look these up. Raven, feel free to back me up on this. :)

You're damn fucking right he's good. He's not quite as good as Barlow at being Barlow, but he's got a better overall capacity to do this shit.

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Everyone with Crowbar in their 2011 list, go listen to the album 'A Hole In The Shell' by Burden. Do it now.

masterguy49
09-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Someone PM me the link to the Mastodon leak :snivel:

larvtard
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM

What he said.

idrinkwine732
09-19-2011, 01:46 PM

What he said.

http://unfollowingjesus.com/files/2011/06/sacred-heart-of-jesus.jpg

w00tasaurus
09-19-2011, 01:49 PM
I enjoyed Crack the Skye but I didn't love it. First listen of The Hunter could be love, but we will see if I find it repetitive on further listens. As of now I really like it.

masterguy49
09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
http://unfollowingjesus.com/files/2011/06/sacred-heart-of-jesus.jpg

:lovedup:

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 01:59 PM
You bunch of desperate losers :finger:

hb420
09-20-2011, 02:30 AM
Rwake and The Atlas Moth leaked both are great.

christopher
09-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Rwake and The Atlas Moth leaked both are great.

Awesome! I've been waiting for the new Rwake to leak:party:

MPF
09-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Mastodon- The Hunter.....yeah Top 10 album of the year!

Every song is perfection. Yes even Creature Lives. Brann fucking shines on that song. I'm listening to it now.

I didn't think they were going to be able to top Crack The Skye but fuck they really did. And I say that wearing the original Crack The Skye tour shirt.

w00tasaurus
09-20-2011, 06:02 AM
could someone PM rwake? Cannot find :-O

larvtard
09-20-2011, 06:03 AM
could someone PM rwake? Cannot find :-O

What he said.

IrritatedTrout
09-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Mastodon- The Hunter.....yeah Top 10 album of the year!

Every song is perfection. Yes even Creature Lives. Brann fucking shines on that song. I'm listening to it now.

I didn't think they were going to be able to top Crack The Skye but fuck they really did. And I say that wearing the original Crack The Skye tour shirt.

Good to hear. It's being released here in Austria this Friday, can't wait.

brutal_descent
09-20-2011, 10:58 AM
My new top 15 after listening throughly to The Hunter

Opeth
Fleshgod Apocalypse
BTBAM
Anaal Nathrakh
Mastodon
Protest The Hero
The Black Dahlia Murder
Weedeater
Loss
Mogwai
Devin Townsend Project
Machine Head
Revocation
Deicide
Red Fang

Rocco44
09-20-2011, 11:10 AM
What he said.

done

daimonos
09-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Picked up Heritage today, fucking loving it.

GarageMetal468
09-20-2011, 07:31 PM
So word on the street is that new Warbringer leaked as well... I got a lot of listening to do this weekend.

Also, just found out now that Aborted has an album coming out on December 31st. It's called Global Flatline, and...

"Global Flatline" features several guest vocalists, such as Trevor Strnad (THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER), Julien Truchan (BENIGHTED), Jason Netherton (MISERY INDEX), and Keiijo Niinima (ROTTEN SOUND

:wow:

HandOfDoom
09-21-2011, 07:14 AM
1.Mastodon
2.Autopsy
3.Primus
4.Opeth
5.Weedeater
6.Devin Townsend (Ghost and Deconstruction are pretty much tied)
7.Machine Head
8.YOB
9.Anthrax
10.Crowbar
11.The Atomic Bitchwax
12.Symphony X
13.Red Fang
14.Protest The Hero
15.Subversion

Just about to listen to Warbringer

christopher
09-21-2011, 11:06 AM
My top 5 are:

1. Goddamn Gallows
2. Hank III
3. Blink 182
4. Low Threat Profile
5. Primate

GarageMetal468
09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Okay, time to be honest here about the new Opeth. I don't like it, at all. Here's why:

I'll start off by saying that I love all Opeth, clean, heavy, etc. Damnation is probably my 3rd favorite album from them. When I heard that they were doing an album with no growls I sort of knew what to expect, something along the lines of Damnation part 2. Now, I love Damnation because to me it has a sort of gloomy atmosphere that goes with it. Heritage, however, has none whatsoever. This album is just a huge mess. Nothing ties together and Opeth take the term progressive and drive it off a cliff. It just annoys me more and more as it goes on. Nothing is memorable, really.

So overall, I personally think this album is just out of place most of the time and one big mess. I tried to enjoy it and listened to it a few times to let it sink in, but nothing. I'm still looking forward to their live show, though, since I doubt they would disappoint live despite a good portion of the set list being from Heritage.

That's my opinion.

hb420
09-21-2011, 01:22 PM
New Absu and Landmine Marathon leaked :party:

jd091
09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Okay, time to be honest here about the new Opeth. I don't like it, at all. Here's why:

I'll start off by saying that I love all Opeth, clean, heavy, etc. Damnation is probably my 3rd favorite album from them. When I heard that they were doing an album with no growls I sort of knew what to expect, something along the lines of Damnation part 2. Now, I love Damnation because to me it has a sort of gloomy atmosphere that goes with it. Heritage, however, has none whatsoever. This album is just a huge mess. Nothing ties together and Opeth take the term progressive and drive it off a cliff. It just annoys me more and more as it goes on. Nothing is memorable, really.

So overall, I personally think this album is just out of place most of the time and one big mess. I tried to enjoy it and listened to it a few times to let it sink in, but nothing. I'm still looking forward to their live show, though, since I doubt they would disappoint live despite a good portion of the set list being from Heritage.

That's my opinion.

I think I love Heritage for the very reasons you hate it. Damnation was great, but it was a little too dark and depressing for soft Opeth. I loved the soft passages on albums like Ghost Reveries way more.

I don't think Heritage has 1 song as great as Windopane, but overall, I love the proggy style of it way more than Damnation. To each his own, I guess.

larvtard
09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
New Absu and Landmine Marathon leaked :party:

GODDAMMIT I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF TO LISTEN TO

edit: All right, fortunately I cannot find those or the new Warbringer on mediafire :party: I'm too backed up with new music to listen to...

GarageMetal468
09-21-2011, 02:02 PM

Yep, same here. I can't even get any of these albums until Friday when I'm back home, and even then I got work and other stuff going on all weekend so I won't be able to listen to anything in full until next week.

MPF
09-21-2011, 02:09 PM
New Evile and Threat Signal are out.

GarageMetal468
09-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Anyway, as of now I don't have a numbered list of my favorite albums of this year, but some bands that would definitely be there are (Top 5 or 10 candidates are in bold):

The Black Dahlia Murder
Wormrot
Macabre
Obscura
Revocation
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Ulcerate
Vader
Belphegor
Alestorm
Devin Townsend Project (Deconstruction)
Exhumed
Explosions in the Sky
Scale the Summit
Toxic Holocaust
Rotten Sound

Still gotta listen to new Autopsy, Anaal Nathrakh, and obviously the recently leaked albums.

ShatteredFlame
09-21-2011, 02:19 PM
you guys need to learn how to use the in the last hour search button on google

hb420
09-21-2011, 02:30 PM
The new Landmine Marathon and Atlas Moth are amazing. I liked Sovereign Descent quite a bit but Gallows is in another fucking league of its own. The songwriting improved so much and their new drummer is a monster. The same goes for the Atlas Moth I hated their debut but this new one is really great. Fans of sludge don't sleep on it! Both are headed to my top 20 already.

christopher
09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Listen to Attention Deficit Domination goddammit!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWBrxoLmvk)

Bump. I want people to hear this amazing doom metal...

daimonos
09-21-2011, 04:00 PM

This. It's kind of overwhelming, actually. I decided I'm not really going to download stuff anymore (I've only been downloading stuff since summer started, really) because in the end I just don't care about it and it takes up space.

That being said, I still have eight albums that I KNOW I want that are coming out this year, which is kind of overwhelming, actually.

Those would be:
Vader
Wolves in the Throne Room
Rwake
Skeletonwitch
Absu
Mastodon
Machine Head
Brutal Truth

All of which hold a pretty good chance of being in my top 10. This is gonna get interesting.

Akumu
09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
The new Voyager is amaaaaazing.

SomewhereInTime72
09-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Kind of stopped caring about Dir en grey, so I was almost 2 months late for checking out their new album before I decided to give it a couple of spins. It's so weird. I like it... I think. It's really weird. :eyes:

larvtard
09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
The new Landmine Marathon... [is] amazing. I liked Sovereign Descent quite a bit but Gallows is in another fucking league of its own. The songwriting improved so much and their new drummer is a monster.

Gotta disagree, man. Almost every single song on Sovereign is memorable and distinctive from each other. The songs on Gallows seem to blend into each other.

...Though I'm pretty sure I felt that way about Sovereign when I first heard it, so I'll give it a few more listens and tell you what I think.

Other first impressions: Absu's new record is decent.

powerslave_85
09-21-2011, 10:28 PM
New Landmine Marathon leaked :party:Link plz

jd091
09-21-2011, 11:15 PM
New Weekend Nachos is really, really good! :fist:

treghet
09-21-2011, 11:23 PM
New Weekend Nachos is really, really good! :fist:

OLD FRIENDS DON'T MEAN SHIIIIIIIITTT

jd091
09-21-2011, 11:42 PM
OLD FRIENDS DON'T MEAN SHIIIIIIIITTT

:boxer:

Can I inquire as to how Weekend Nachos got their name? :eyes:

christopher
09-21-2011, 11:44 PM
:boxer:

Can I inquire as to how Weekend Nachos got their name? :eyes:

Who cares? Its just a snack of awesome brutality :grrr:

jd091
09-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Who cares? Its just a snack of awesome brutality :grrr:

I mean, I love Nachos as much as the next man. :lol: I was just wondering if it referred to some obscure drug like Gorilla Biscuits or some other hip term I wasn't aware of. :eyes:

treghet
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Check out their previous album too, if you haven't already.

jd091
09-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Check out their previous album too, if you haven't already.

I did, it was awesome! Any other powerviolence bands you guys recommend (other than Despise You, of course)?

treghet
09-22-2011, 12:21 AM
I did, it was awesome! Any other powerviolence bands you guys recommend (other than Despise You, of course)?

ACxDC is the first that comes to mind. Also, Infest and Crossed Out.

christopher
09-22-2011, 12:23 AM

Lack of Interest
Capitalist Casualties
Low Threat Profile
ACxDC
Fuck on the Beach
Charles Bronson
Dropdead

let me think some more...

christopher
09-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Also, Infest and Crossed Out.

Damn, I can't believe I forgot about that!! Also

Spazz
No Comment
Siege

MPF
09-22-2011, 03:31 AM
I still have a shitstorm of albums to listen to this year, but this is how my top 20 looks so far as of 9-22-2011:

*Almost all of it is subject to change*

20.) Anthrax- Worship Music
19.) TesseracT- One
18.) World Under Blood- Tactical
17.) Hotel Of The Laughing Tree- Terror and Everything After
16.) Primordial- Redemption At The Puritans Hand
15.) Devin Townsend- Ghost
14.) Leprous- Bilateral
13.) Woods of Desolation- Torn Beyond Reason
12.) Pagan's Mind- Heavenly Ecstasy
11.) Wolves In The Throne Room- Celestial Lineage
10.) Scale The Summit- The Collective
9.) Fair to Midland- Arrows & Anchors
8.) Old Silver Key- Tales Of Wanderings
7.) Novembers Doom- Aphotic
6.) Opeth- Heritage
5.) Revocation- Chaos of Forms
4.) Dream Theater- A Dramatic Turn Of Events
3.) Mastodon- The Hunter
2.) Daniel Jakubovic- Elef Kirot
1.) Devin Townsend- Deconstruction

Dextrimental
09-22-2011, 03:33 AM
I still have a shitstorm of albums to listen to this year, but this is how my top 20 looks so far as of 9-22-2011:

*Almost all of it is subject to change*

19.) TesseracT- One
18.) World Under Blood- Tactical
17.) Hotel Of The Laughing Tree- Terror and Everything After
16.) Primordial- Redemption At The Puritans Hand
15.) Devin Townsend- Ghost
14.) Leprous- Bilateral
6.) Opeth- Heritage
3.) Mastodon- The Hunter

Very similar to mine. That Daniel Jakubovic album kicks my ass every time I listen to it!

MPF
09-22-2011, 03:38 AM
Very similar to mine. That Daniel Jakubovic album kicks my ass every time I listen to it!

I'm glad to see someone else really digging this album as well. :rocker:

He is such a phenomenal musician. I could care less the lyrics are in Hebrew. This album proves that the music is what matters most.

Dextrimental
09-22-2011, 03:55 AM
I'm glad to see someone else really digging this album as well. :rocker:

He is such a phenomenal musician. I could care less the lyrics are in Hebrew. This album proves that the music is what matters most.

Exactly. Its one of the most varied records this year, and the fact its all the one guy is just phenomenal. Dude is an amazing talent, I can only hope he gets the recognition he deserves someday!!

MPF
09-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Exactly. Its one of the most varied records this year, and the fact its all the one guy is just phenomenal. Dude is an amazing talent, I can only hope he gets the recognition he deserves someday!!

His English speaking Metal band, Against The Wall, opened up for Dream Theater at one show this summer. And he does a lot of work with Jordan Rudess. That is definitely a start.

ravenheart
09-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Woah, woah, motherfuckin' woah.

Daniel Jakubovic has a new solo album out?!

Fucking finally! I've been listening to his first one since it came out in '05. It's a masterpiece. I even did a short interview with him at the time. Nice kid.

The new one hasn't been released here :snivel:

Dextrimental
09-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Woah, woah, motherfuckin' woah.

Daniel Jakubovic has a new solo album out?!

Fucking finally! I've been listening to his first one since it came out in '05. It's a masterpiece. I even did a short interview with him at the time. Nice kid.

The new one hasn't been released here :snivel:

The only way to get a physical copy is to order from some indian site I found after some serious googling. It can be streamed on his bandcamp!

http://danieljakubovic.bandcamp.com/

I was unaware he had such a profile.. Very cool, dude completely deserves it, amazing artist!

hb420
09-22-2011, 10:42 AM
New Skeletonwitch leaked :drool:

w00tasaurus
09-22-2011, 12:07 PM

It sure did. Two songs in and its setting itself up to be the best of their discography.

mastodon421
09-22-2011, 12:11 PM

Hell yes! Need to listen to it right now.

mankvill
09-22-2011, 12:20 PM
To be completely honest I wasn't really too impressed with Breathing The Fire, but I'm checking out The Infernal Resurrection right now and it sounds great!

mankvill
09-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Wait a second, Antrhax covers New Noise on Worship Music? Awesome.

larvtard
09-22-2011, 08:29 PM
damn, I didn't even think I liked Rwake. This album is amazing. May even be a contender for the top 10.

new absu, mastodon, landmine marathon, and machine head are pretty disappointing though

ShatteredFlame
09-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Domo Genesis - Under the Influence

Actually a serious non-offensive Odd Future release but actually very good. Most professional production out of any Odd Future release and there is really no guests besides Tyler (who has an awesome verse) and one other guy. But yeah I never expected Domo to be one to make a memorable release.

smearCampaign
09-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Wait a second, Antrhax covers New Noise on Worship Music? Awesome.

Ha. WTF? I just checked out a live video of it. Seems really random, but I can't complain about any type of Refused worship.

rjturtle9
09-22-2011, 10:25 PM
I already got the new Exmortus adn Vektor albums. Lets just say that the best of 2011 hasn't even began yet! The Exmortus album is amazing and the new Vektor is even better! Expect reviews soon.

larvtard
09-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I already got the new Exmortus adn Vektor albums. Lets just say that the best of 2011 hasn't even began yet! The Exmortus album is amazing and the new Vektor is even better! Expect reviews soon.

How does it compare to Black Future?

mankvill
09-22-2011, 10:57 PM

me want

rjturtle9
09-22-2011, 11:04 PM
How does it compare to Black Future?

I honestly like Black Future better, that that's not saying much since Black Future is unfuckwithable! The new album, Outer Isolation, is a masterpiece! Takes a couple of listens, but holy shit they wrote some epic material on this one.

Also check out the new Exmortus album too.

GarageMetal468
09-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Now I can finally get around to getting all the newly leaked stuff! Just listened to the new Skeletonwitch first.

My first impression: Didn't like the first track too much, but the rest of the album picked up and stayed that way the rest of the time which was awesome. I'm gonna have to listen to it a few more times but this was pretty good for my first listen. Next up will probably be Warbringer, then Mastodon, followed by Absu.

BloodoftheKings
09-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Domo Genesis - Under the Influence

Actually a serious non-offensive Odd Future release but actually very good. Most professional production out of any Odd Future release and there is really no guests besides Tyler (who has an awesome verse) and one other guy. But yeah I never expected Domo to be one to make a memorable release.

My friend was blasting this album in the car on the way home from school and I thought it was god awful. The lyrics were so bad it was like stuff Based God would say in his cooking songs but Domo is actually serious. In one of the songs the hook was "I got all this money, and all these hoes". :tp:

BloodoftheKings
09-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Animals As Leaders put out a song from their new album Weightless. It's called Isolated Incidents.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYbu9YRzD3Y&feature=player_embedded#!

jd091
09-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Animals As Leaders put out a song from their new album Weightless. It's called Isolated Incidents.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYbu9YRzD3Y&feature=player_embedded#!

christ

this is so good

;___;

MPF
09-23-2011, 04:53 PM
TOO MUCH FUCKING MUSIC!

I can't keep[ up with all the albums coming out.

Tonight alone I gotta check out Evile, Threat Signal, Steven Wilson, Pain Of Salvation, Absu, Redemption and White Wizzard.

I'm not complaining too much, I just wish there was more time in between albums to enjoy them before I gotta move on to the next.

Akumu
09-23-2011, 05:53 PM
OM NOM NOM PAIN OF SALVATION :drool:

illuminatus917
09-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Corrupted.

larvtard
09-23-2011, 06:03 PM
All right, I finally gave into the 192kbps leak of Warbringer. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I haven't heard a thrash album like this in so long, such a refreshing listen :rocker:

MPF
09-23-2011, 06:28 PM
OM NOM NOM PAIN OF SALVATION :drool:

I honestly don't have too high of hopes for it as I was really disappointed in Road Sal 1. But I've heard a lot of people say that Road Salt 2 was better then RP1 and Scarsick. So I'm going to give it a shot later tonight.

Akumu
09-23-2011, 07:21 PM
I honestly don't have too high of hopes for it as I was really disappointed in Road Sal 1. But I've heard a lot of people say that Road Salt 2 was better then RP1 and Scarsick. So I'm going to give it a shot later tonight.

Hmmmm, it's very similar to RS1 - actually, I'd say it's more similar to the Linoleum EP in production value. But I've seen some other comments to the effect of "OMG BEST ALBUM SINCE REMEDY LANE," so you might dig it. Honestly, I loved RS1, so it's kinda natural that I love this, too. :D

SomewhereInTime72
09-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Fuck, I'm so behind on new music... there's too much good shit to keep up with! I haven't even listened to Worship Music yet, and there's a crapton of other releases from this month that I'm excited for. Goddamn... this year is almost too good.

edit: Especially really gotta get around to hearing Road Salt 2, because I fucking loved the first one.

ShatteredFlame
09-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Steven Wilson

oh sweet, getting

Hopefully it's Insurgentes quality and not The Incident

GarageMetal468
09-24-2011, 08:43 AM
New Warbringer and Absu: AWESOME! These are definitely in my favorite albums of this year now. Still gotta listen to Mastodon and Evile, will probably do either later today or this coming week for sure.

dcmetal108
09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
I gotta listen to the new Warbringer and finally just listened to the new Opeth and I don't really care for it.

Nater
09-24-2011, 01:26 PM
New Mastodon is pretty good. I enjoyed it more then Crack the Skye but I feel I'm in the minority for that. I liked the new Machine Head and I'm already loving the new Evile. I still have to listen to WarBringer. Also new White Wizzard was amazing.

Rocco44
09-24-2011, 01:44 PM
oh sweet, getting

Hopefully it's Insurgentes quality and not The Incident

Funny enough I'm hoping the opposite

ShatteredFlame
09-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Well that's Steven Wilson fans for you. I personally thought Insurgentes is one of his best work, but The Incident I thought was absolutely awful and the biggest disappointment of 2009 for me.

mastodon421
09-24-2011, 06:07 PM
New Skeletonwitch is fucking amazing. Yet another year-end top 10 album for them. It might be their best record to date.

slapguitarer
09-24-2011, 08:49 PM
This Loss album is fucking sweet!

treghet
09-24-2011, 09:08 PM
The new Rose Funeral is online now guyz. ;)

Rocco44
09-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Well that's Steven Wilson fans for you. I personally thought Insurgentes is one of his best work, but The Incident I thought was absolutely awful and the biggest disappointment of 2009 for me.

I definitely like Insurgentes more than you like The Incident. But outside of a few songs it just fell flat for me and I was bored. Can't see how you can say The Incident was awful although I'm not really a fan of the second disc. To each his own I guess. Maybe we'll both like the new album haha

hb420
09-24-2011, 10:53 PM
People should check out the new Giant Squid ep. It's seriously the best thing they've done and probably my favorite ep to come out this year.

illuminatus917
09-24-2011, 11:07 PM
This Loss album is fucking sweet!

'Bout time you listen to it! #2 album of the year for me so far.

People should check out the new Giant Squid ep. It's seriously the best thing they've done and probably my favorite ep to come out this year.

Damn, I didn't know this.

jd091
09-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Old Silver Key = sex.

MPF
09-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Old Silver Key = 1 guy, all the rest female, Orgy

Yes I agree. :D:D:D

jd091
09-25-2011, 01:14 AM
Yes I agree. :D:D:D

I mean, it's no Alcest. But it gets pretty close to being as good.

idrinkwine732
09-25-2011, 02:39 AM

Not available for most to hear yet...

w00tasaurus
09-25-2011, 05:06 AM
warbringer 320kbps and limited edition with bonus tracks is on the nets. just as great as everyone has been saying.

slapguitarer
09-25-2011, 12:26 PM
'Bout time you listen to it! #2 album of the year for me so far.

Damn, I didn't know this.

#10 for me but new Mastodon comes out in two days so that won't last long ;) .

And didn't you see my thread for the new Giant Squid EP? :finger2:

rjturtle9
09-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Can someone PM me a link to the new Skeletonwitch and Warbringer albums please? :D

xa123
09-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Quick top 10 faves of the year in no real order

In Solitude - The World. The Flesh. The Devil
Mitochondrion - Parasignosis
Exhumed - All Guts No Glory
Loss - Despond
Toxic Holocaust - Conjure and Command
Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
Looking for an Answer - Eterno Treblinka
Vanhelgd- Church of Death
Deceased - Surreal Overdose
Spearhead - Theomachia

Still need to hear Absu, Warbringer, Skeletonwitch, Craft and Bastard Priest

Also, can't wait to hear the new Mournful Congregation and Antediluvian

slapguitarer
09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
This will probably be the last time I post my list until I start my countdown over at Metalsetlists. Of the albums I have left to listen to this year, most of them could take the spot of number 1, so I wanna keep it sort of a mystery. So here is my best of 2011 list pre-Mastodon, Cormorant, Giant Squid, and Vektor.

1. Protest the Hero – Scurrilous
2. The Seven Mile Journey – Notes for Synthesis
3. sleepmakeswaves - …and so we destroyed everything
4. Light Bearer - Lapsus
5. Subrosa – No Help For The Mighty Ones
6. Grayceon – All We Destroy
7. Yob – Atma
8. Fen – Epoch
9. Symphony X – Iconoclast
10. Loss – Despond
11. Moonsorrow - Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa
12. Red Fang – Murder the Mountains
13. Disma – Toward The Megalith
14. Bloodiest – Descent
15. Hunters – From Birth To Soil
16. Unexpect – Fables of the Sleepless Empire
17. Revocation – Chaos of Forms
18. The Project Hate MCMXCIX – Bleeding The New Apocalypse
19. Helms Alee – Weatherhead
20. Iron & Wine – Kiss Each Other Clean
21. Explosions In The Sky – Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
22. Autopsy – Macabre Eternal
23. Long Distance Calling – Long Distance Calling
24. Battles – Glass Drop
25. Wood of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
26. Tesseract – One
27. Vreid – V
28. Primordial – Redemption At Puritans Hand
29. Mogwai – Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will
30. Red Hot Chili Peppers – I’m With You
31. Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues
32. Indian – Guiltless
33. Fear the Fiasco – Hatch
34. Deafheaven – Roads to Judah
35. Foo Fighters – Wasting Light
36. Weedeater - Jason… The Dragon
37. Castle – In Witch Order
38. Manα – Drama Y Luz
39. Amon Amarth – Surtur Rising
40. The Gates Of Slumber – The Wretch
41. Havok – Time Is Up
42. Obscura – Omnivium
43. Witch Mountain – South of Salem
44. Thomas Giles – Pulse
45. Devin Townsend Project – Deconstruction
46. Devin Townsend Project – Ghost
47. Amorphis – The Beginning Of Times
48. Arch Enemy – Khaos Legions
49. Yes – Fly From Here
50. Krallice – Diotima
51. Giraffes? Giraffes! – Pink Magcik
52. Dark Castle – Surrender To All Life Beyond Form
53. Polkadot Cadaver – Sex Offender
54. Pentagram – Last Rites
55. Altar of Plagues – Mammal
56. Unearth - Darkness In The Light
57. Hate Eternal – Phoenix Amongst The Ashes
58. Scale the Summit – The Collective
59. Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges
60. Buckethead – It’s Alive
61. Opeth – Heritage
62. Crowbar – Sever The Wicked Hand
63. Dance Gavin Dance – Downtown Battle Mountain II
64. The Human Abstract – Digital Veil
65. Septicflesh – The Great Mass
66. Weird Al Yankovic – Alpocalypse
67. Origin – Entity
68. Boris - Heavy Rocks II
69. Buckethead – Empty Space
70. Children of Bodom – Relentless Reckless Forever
71. Arafel - For Battles Once Fought
72. All Shall Perish – This Is Where It Ends
73. Boris – Attention Please
74. Gridlink – Orphan
75. Trivium – In Waves

1. Between the Buried and Me – The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues
2. Trundler - Trundler
3. Ancients – Ancients
4. Thou – The Archer and The Owle
5. Awake in Sleep – Awake in Sleep
6. Firegills – If You Can’t Take The Fire, Stay Out Of The Gills
7. Enslaved – The Sleepless Gods

MPF
09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
This will probably be the last time I post my list until I start my countdown over at Metalsetlists.

This is Metalsetlists, guy!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mastodon421
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
My Top 10 as of right now...
1.The Black Dahlia Murder-Ritual
2.Revocation-Chaos Of Forms
3.Protest The Hero-Scurrilous
4.Unearth-Darkness In The Light
5.Mastodon-The Hunter
6.Skeletonwitch-Forever Abnomination
7.Arch Enemy-Khaos Legions
8.Fleshgod Apocalypse-Agony
9.Born Of Osiris-The Discovery
10.Machine Head-Unto The Locust

larvtard
09-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Grindcore fans. Wormrot's new EP. Listen to it. Now.

Best thing they've ever done by a long shot.

slapguitarer
09-26-2011, 07:31 PM
This is Metalsetlists, guy!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just copied and pasted it from the Metaluprising board. Oops.

slapguitarer
09-26-2011, 07:32 PM
So I got my copy of Cenotes today. It's fucking awesome :drool:

But I already knew that...

SomewhereInTime72
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
current top 10, subject to a fuckton of change:

1. Pete Davis - The Pottsville Conglomerate
2. Amorphis - The Beginning of Times
3. Symphony X - Iconoclast
4. Boris - Heavy Rocks
5. Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
6. Boris - Attention Please
7. Evergrey - Glorious Collision
8. Hiromi - Voice
9. Dir en grey - Dum Spiro Spero
10. KMFDM - WTF?!

jd091
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Grindcore fans. Wormrot's new EP. Listen to it. Now.

Best thing they've ever done by a long shot.

Where do I get it?

larvtard
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Where do I get it?

:tp: http://www.scionav.com/collection/794/Scion-A/V-Presents:-Wormrot---NOISE

jd091
09-26-2011, 09:02 PM

Aaaawesome. More Wormrot is never bad! Other than the fact it reminds me that I wasn't able to see them on their last tour and I have no idea when they'll come back to the states... :(

treghet
09-26-2011, 09:55 PM

This is awesome! :party:

mankvill
09-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Picking up tomorrow:

Mastodon - The Hunter
Warbringer - Worlds Torn Asunder
blink-182 - Neighborhoods

The best new music Tuesday I'll have experienced in a long time.

larvtard
09-26-2011, 09:57 PM
This is awesome! :party:

And it's 10x better than Dirge, too. It kinda seems like Wormrot is expanding their boundaries :rocker:

jd091
09-26-2011, 10:00 PM
And it's 10x better than Dirge, too. It kinda seems like Wormrot is expanding their boundaries :rocker:

Holy mother of fucking mercy, I agree. Just blasted Loathsome Delusions. SO GOOD. :drool:

illuminatus917
09-26-2011, 10:42 PM
The Flight of Sleipnir - Essence of Nine

Very reminiscent of Agalloch, and a fucking awesome record.

jd091
09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Very reminiscent of Agalloch

must listen to this right now

IrritatedTrout
09-27-2011, 12:01 AM
My top albums of the year as of now:

1. Mastodon - The Hunter
2. Anthrax - Worship Music
3. Black Country Communion - 2
4. Alice Cooper - Welcome 2 My Nightmare
5. Motorhead - The World Is Yours

Still need to hear the new Primus, Megadeth, Elf, Whocares, and Loutallica. Seriously doubt I'll buy the last one though, I'm gonna need to hear it online and see if it's a huge turd first.

MPF
09-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Updated, but still a shitstorm of albums to check out.

19.) World Under Blood- Tactical
18.) Hotel Of The Laughing Tree- Terror and Everything After
17.) Primordial- Redemption At The Puritans Hand
16.) Devin Townsend- Ghost
15.) Leprous- Bilateral
14.) Redemption- This Mortal Coil
6.) Opeth- Heritage
3.) Mastodon- The Hunter

larvtard
09-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Remastered version of Woe's Quietly, Undramatically (http://candlelightrecordsusa.bandcamp.com/album/quietly-undramatically-remix)

I didn't hear anything about a remaster, but this is cool. Better sound quality and the bass drum is more audible. Vocals aren't as raw, though. Kinda ruins it for me, honestly.

They got a new album cover, though!

Nater
09-27-2011, 07:37 PM
I picked up Sebastian Bach's new album Kicking and Screaming this morning. It's really good. It doesn't tread any new ground but it's still a solid record. His new guitarist is fantasic. If you are a fan of Slave to the Grind and his last album check this one out fo sho.

mankvill
09-27-2011, 07:51 PM
biggest complain about new blink-182 is too much fucking Tom. I miss the days where they switched off vocals. Other than that, it's better than I thought it'd be.

powerslave_85
09-27-2011, 08:06 PM
biggest complain about new blink-182 is too much fucking Tom. I miss the days where they switched off vocals. Other than that, it's better than I thought it'd be.
Totally.

mankvill
09-27-2011, 08:44 PM
The Hunter might be my favorite Mastodon album.

Deal w/ it nerds

slapguitarer
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
As expected, I'm digging The Hunter a lot.

christopher
09-27-2011, 09:14 PM

That was always my biggest complaint about it, but I still love it.

xa123
09-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Did anyone listen to the new Evile album? It seems like not too much attention was paid to it.

Nater
09-27-2011, 11:39 PM
I did. I thought it was awesome. They slowed it down a wee bit and it reminded me more of a Testament sound but it really worked out well for them.

idrinkwine732
09-28-2011, 05:06 AM
The Hunter might be my favorite Mastodon album.

Deal w/ it nerds
It might be my second favorite.

mastodon421
09-28-2011, 05:16 AM
I think The Hunter is actually their 2nd worst record, but it's still awesome.

HandOfDoom
09-28-2011, 06:20 AM
As much as I dig The Hunter, I don't feel right putting it above Leviathan or BM, maybe even CtS, as those albums have pretty much earned the untouchable status in my book. With all that said I still love it, and don't really see anything taking its #1 spot on my top ten list.

brutal_descent
09-28-2011, 06:22 AM
While we're on the subject:

1. Leviathan
2. Crack The Skye
3. Blood Mountain
4. The Hunter
5. Remission

HandOfDoom
09-28-2011, 06:26 AM

1. Leviathan
2. Crack The Skye
3. Blood Mountain
4. The Hunter
5. Remission

Couldn't of said it better myself :horns:

Sanitarium78
09-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Did anyone listen to the new Evile album? It seems like not too much attention was paid to it.

I've only heard it once but I like it quite a bit. I'll need a few more listens before I can say anything else about it.

larvtard
09-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Yeah, I don't think they had good press on this one. Ehh, riffs are cool and shit, but vocals are :barf:

GarageMetal468
09-28-2011, 12:40 PM

I actually really liked it. I didn't expect much to begin with but it really did surprise me.

illuminatus917
09-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Has anyone listened to any of Shadow Man's five 2011 releases?

slapguitarer
09-28-2011, 06:52 PM
I think The Hunter is actually their 2nd worst record, but it's still awesome.

That's where I'm currently standing. Maybe even their worst, but it's still really, really good.

1. Leviathan
2. Crack The Skye
3. Blood Mountain
4. The Hunter
5. Remission

Obviously you're an idiot :nonono:

Remission is their second best work.

BloodoftheKings
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
New Top 10:

1. Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction
2. Mastodon - The Hunter
3. Primus - Green Naugahyde
4. Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
5. Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
6. Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
7. Dropkick Murphys - Going Out in Style
8. Anthrax - Worship Music
9. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
10. Fucked Up - David Comes To Life

mankvill
09-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Just reminding everyone that Anaal Nathrakh DID release a new album this year, and you should all listen to it and adjust your top ten lists accordingly.

MPF
09-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Joseph Magazine- Night Of The Red Sky

One of the greatest Progressive Metal albums I have ever heard!

daimonos
09-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Just reminding everyone that Anaal Nathrakh DID release a new album this year, and you should all listen to it and adjust your top ten lists accordingly.

Thank you for reminding me, I seriously forgot. Was jammin' to The Codex Necro the other day! :shred:

I'm in the process of putting all 33 of my albums from this year in order, and I think I've settled on a temporary Top 10. I think by the end of the year I should be at about 40 albums, maybe a little bit more. I'm not going to post my Top 10/Top 20 here, because I don't want to spoil the surprise for my end of the year thread. ;) (If I actually finish it this year, that is)

EDIT: So is it fair to count both Enslaved EP's as one full length? ;)

larvtard
09-28-2011, 08:13 PM

Their new album sucks :allan:

ShatteredFlame
09-28-2011, 08:21 PM
yeah I honestly didn't like the new AN besides that one song with the guest vocalist, I even bought it cause I thought it would be great :mad:

jd091
09-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Yeah, great point. Listening to "Drug Fucking Abomination" right now, and its definitely better than some of the stuff I currently have in my top 10. Fuck, this year is crazy.

idrinkwine732
09-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Passion >>>> All of you.

mankvill
09-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Their new album sucks :allan:

>implying any of anaal nathrakh's albums are bad
>also implying that any of their albums come close to terms of "not good" other than Domine Non Es Dignus

NecroRob
09-29-2011, 12:08 AM
>implying any of anaal nathrakh's albums are bad
>also implying that any of their albums come close to terms of "not good" other than Domine Non Es Dignus

Pretty sure that's his favorite album by them though right? Thus making any of his comments on the band invalid.

larvtard
09-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Pretty sure that's his favorite album by them though right? Thus making any of his comments on the band invalid.

Yes, because I'm not allowed to have an opinion when it comes to Anaal Nathrakh :tp:

mankvill
09-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, because I'm not allowed to have an opinion when it comes to Anaal Nathrakh :tp:

that's right

NOW GO GET YOUR FUCKIN SHINE BOX

illuminatus917
09-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Too much grind... blah blah blah give me something different.

mankvill
09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Too much grind... blah blah blah give me something different.

:eek:

If you're talking about Anaal Nathrakh, I'll kill you.

illuminatus917
09-29-2011, 12:37 PM
It's a fantastic release, for sure, technically. I'm just not into the fast blastbeat-driven fuck your face off brutal shit these days.

mankvill
09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
It's a fantastic release, for sure, technically. I'm just not into the fast blastbeat-driven fuck your face off brutal shit these days.

:bouville:

idrinkwine732
09-29-2011, 01:08 PM

You know I'm not either, but god damnit Anaal Nathrakh fuck my face off so well.

daimonos
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM

sup Indestructable :allan:

larvtard
09-29-2011, 01:42 PM
sup Indestructable :allan:

OH FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT

I SOUND JUST LIKE HIM

:eek::eek:

:bouville::bouville:

daimonos
09-29-2011, 01:42 PM

brutal_descent
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm with mankvill, anything Anaal Nathrakh touches is gold. :D

NecroRob
09-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Speaking of Anaal Nathrakh, anyone fans of them on Facebook? Apparently they just recorded a new album. Here's a quote about the album in one of their posts.

"Having just listened back through it, unmixed and unmastered as it may be so far, it is the most disgusting thing we've ever heard."

mankvill
09-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Speaking of Anaal Nathrakh, anyone fans of them on Facebook? Apparently they just recorded a new album. Here's a quote about the album in one of their posts.

"Having just listened back through it, unmixed and unmastered as it may be so far, it is the most disgusting thing we've ever heard."

:lovedup:

GarageMetal468
09-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I am, and it's cool that there's a new album coming out, but they said a long time ago that they're going to be doing a U.S. tour... where the hell is that?! :mad:

mankvill
09-29-2011, 07:50 PM
I am, and it's cool that there's a new album coming out, but they said a long time ago that they're going to be doing a U.S. tour... where the hell is that?! :mad:

it'll probably be in december

illuminatus917
09-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Top 5:

1. The Seven Mile Journey - Notes for the Synthesis
2. Loss - Despond
3. Necros Christos - Doom of the Occult
4. Ordog - Remorse
5. Bloodiest - Descent

illuminatus917
09-29-2011, 09:48 PM
And a follow up to Blut Aus Nord's 777 - Sect(s) is on the way! To be released Nov 11.

MPF
09-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Five Finger Donkey Punch's new album is out.

Yeah, I'm not checking it out either.

mastodon421
09-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Five Finger Donkey Punch's new album is out.

Yeah, I'm not checking it out either.

I think I am going to check it out just for shits.

MPF
09-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I think I am going to check it out just for shits.

Actually I probably have to check it out.

A lot of people are asking me to play Donkey Punch on my show, but I can't stand that shitty first single, maybe there is a decent track on the new album?

DethMaiden
09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
After 100 albums, my current top 20.

1. Fucked Up - David Comes to Life
2. Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestial Lineage
3. SubRosa - No Help for the Mighty Ones
4. Rwake - Rest
5. Altar of Plagues - Mammal
6. Protest the Hero - Scurrilous
7. St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
8. Burzum - Fallen
9. The War on Drugs - Slave Ambient
10. Death Grips - Exmilitary
11. Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
12. Evergrey - Glorious Collision
13. Liturgy - Aesthethica
14. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
15. Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
16. Mastodon - The Hunter
17. The Decemberists - The King Is Dead
18. Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
19. Old Silver Key - Tales of Wanderings
20. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

MPF
09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
After 100 albums, my current top 20.

1. Fucked Up - David Comes to Life
2. Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestial Lineage
3. SubRosa - No Help for the Mighty Ones
4. Rwake - Rest
5. Altar of Plagues - Mammal
6. Protest the Hero - Scurrilous
7. St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
8. Burzum - Fallen
9. The War on Drugs - Slave Ambient
10. Death Grips - Exmilitary
11. Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
12. Evergrey - Glorious Collision
13. Liturgy - Aesthethica
14. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
15. Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
16. Mastodon - The Hunter
17. The Decemberists - The King Is Dead
18. Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
19. Old Silver Key - Tales of Wanderings
20. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

I'm actually very impressed by that list. Very diverse and good.

:rocker:

daimonos
09-30-2011, 05:09 PM
After 100 albums

:fist:

I don't think I, nor my brain, could ever handle hearing 100 brand new albums in a year. Let alone ranking all of them.

Maiden33
09-30-2011, 09:06 PM
After hearing about 65 albums:

01 Symphony X - Iconoclast
02 Riot - Immortal Soul
03 Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy
04 Evergrey - Glorious Collision
05 Eden's Curse - Trinity
06 Redemption - This Mortal Coil
07 Malison Rogue - Malison Rogue
08 Toby Hitchcock - Mercury's Down
09 Stratovarius - Elysium
10 Eumeria - Rebel Mind
11 Borealis - Fall From Grace
12 Epysode - Confessions
13 Journey - Eclipse
14 Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events
15 Anubis Gate - Anubis Gate
16 Lost in Thought - Opus Arise
17 Myrath - Tales of the Sand
18 Mr. Big - What If?
19 Demon's Eye - The Stranger Within
20 Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance

Or something like that. I need to relisten to a bunch of these, but for now that'll do.

Nater
09-30-2011, 09:27 PM
The FFDP album is the same shit that was one the last 2 only now they rap.

jd091
09-30-2011, 10:38 PM
now they rap.

I might actually consider listening to it then. :lol: