PDA

View Full Version : 2011.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

MPF
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
New Alice Cooper and Dream Theater are out.

DethMaiden
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
No I didn't, that song (and the whole EP) was obnoxious to me. I thought the whole album was just a feeble attempt by Donald Glover to try get into rapping.

I don't care so much for the other four tracks because I don't like his R&Bish singing voice, but I'm all about Freaks and Geeks. Nasty flow.

mankvill
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Sorry, I don't take opinions on hip-hop from people who listen to Tyler the Creator.

mad

powerslave_85
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't care so much for the other four tracks because I don't like his R&Bish singing voice, but I'm all about Freaks and Geeks. Nasty flow.

That verse he does about Rashida Jones on "Not Going Back" is awesome :lol:

Natrlhi
09-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Beneath the Crown
No Help for the Mighty Ones
Subrosa

If a better doom album than this comes out this year I'll eat my goddamn hat.

4. Holy shit, what a fantastic doom album. I still remember the comment you made about eating your hat if a better doom album came out this year, and so far, I'm not sure one has. :fist:Well, it might finally be time for Mr. Brad to invest in a bottle of hot sauce, because:

http://getmetal.org/uploads/posts/2011-04/1302350888_1302348516_bloodiest-descent.jpg(and yeah, I know it came out several months ago)

Let the record show that I completely and utterly love the new SubRosa, but fuck me, this album is good. I can't believe it's not even on your list, Brad.

It might be hard to classify this album as just pure doom, so that might get you out of the need for the hot sauce, but still.

'Splain yo'sef, foo!!!

DethMaiden
09-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Haven't heard it yet. Fixing that soon.

Natrlhi
09-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Haven't heard it yet. Fixing that soon.Good. I listened to Fucked Up (and liked it a lot, by the way), so you can bump this one up for me. ;)

(Hell, do it for yourself. Listening to Descent is its own fucking reward. :bowdown:)

DethMaiden
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Good. I listened to Fucked Up (and liked it a lot, by the way), so you can bump this one up for me. ;)

(Hell, do it for yourself. Listening to Descent is its own fucking reward. :bowdown:)

It isn't on Spotify which is a bitch but I'll get to it in due time. Probably not before I see WITTR tomorrow night. :D

Natrlhi
09-01-2011, 02:31 PM
It isn't on Spotify which is a bitch but I'll get to it in due time. Probably not before I see WITTR tomorrow night. :DToo bad you're not seeing them tonight - Bloodiest is opening that show, and you could've listened to the material and then bought the album directly from the band!

daimonos
09-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Too bad you're not seeing them tonight - Bloodiest is opening that show, and you could've listened to the material and then bought the album directly from the band!

:ass:

Natrlhi
09-01-2011, 02:37 PM
:ass:Yeah, fuck off.

Actually, I should be nice to you so that you can buy a copy of "Descent" and "Guiltless" for me and then give them to me when I run into you at one of these shows one day. I'll pay you back then. Deal?

jd091
09-01-2011, 02:54 PM
It isn't on Spotify which is a bitch but I'll get to it in due time. Probably not before I see WITTR tomorrow night. :D

This. Now I gotta go out of my way to find some d/l link and feel like a bad person in the process.

daimonos
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah, fuck off.

Actually, I should be nice to you so that you can buy a copy of "Descent" and "Guiltless" for me and then give them to me when I run into you at one of these shows one day. I'll pay you back then. Deal?

I would, but I happen to be a poor bastard.

SomewhereInTime72
09-01-2011, 07:30 PM
No I didn't, that song (and the whole EP) was obnoxious to me. I thought the whole album was just a feeble attempt by Donald Glover to try get into rapping.

This is objectively false, considering Gambino's been around for some 3 years now.

hb420
09-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Opeth Leaked!!! :eek:

:party::party::party:

jd091
09-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Opeth Leaked!!! :eek:

:party::party::party:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YES

EDIT: And yes, I have this preordered on CD. So I actually feel justified in downloading it.

MPF
09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes it did. Heritage is GLORIOUS!!!

jd091
09-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Huh, as I'm downloading, I'm noticing the longest song is only 8 minutes. Is that a record for shortest average song lengths on an Opeth album? Shall still be glorious.

COME ON MOTHERFUCKER 65% DOWNLOAD FASTER

ShatteredFlame
09-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Anyone know where to get the new Astronautalis on a file sharing site? All I am finding is torrents (which don't work in college):bouville:

w00tasaurus
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM
do not like heritage at all :-/

MPF
09-02-2011, 10:52 AM
^ U MAD?

jd091
09-02-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm about halfway through it, and already can tell it's my album of the year. Holy shit.

powerslave_85
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
I have absolutely no interest in hearing Heritage, and I'd be pissed if someone told me where to get it through PM.

MPF
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
I have absolutely no interest in hearing Heritage, and I'd be pissed if someone told me where to get it through PM.

Shit I wouldn't want to piss you off.....fuck....

powerslave_85
09-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Wait...I'm sorry, I'm being told by an aide that what I said was "not intended to be a factual statement." My apologies.

hb420
09-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Slither is so awesome, almost like thrashy prog rock :drool:

daimonos
09-02-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm gonna be a man and wait til my copy of Heritage comes.

Listening to the new Vader for the first time. Very nice.

jd091
09-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Slither is so awesome, almost like thrashy prog rock :drool:

Backed. This album is the perfect mix of all the soft elements of Opeth. I'm lovin' it.

300%_Density
09-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Dream Theater & then Opeth leaked in consecutive days. All I need now is the Machine Head leaked and I will be in heaven.

IrritatedTrout
09-02-2011, 02:22 PM
New Alice Cooperand Dream Theater are out.

How is it?

DementedX14
09-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Heritage sounds good so far. At least it is better than Watershed IMO.

Epidemic Reign
09-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Huh, as I'm downloading, I'm noticing the longest song is only 8 minutes. Is that a record for shortest average song lengths on an Opeth album? Shall still be glorious.

I think Damnation has the average slightly beat. But who knows, maybe they'll balance out all this softer proggy stuff with a grindcore record next go-round. ;)

jd091
09-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I think Damnation has the average slightly beat. But who knows, maybe they'll balance out all this softer proggy stuff with a grindcore record next go-round. ;)

:lol: Honestly, Opeth could be done writing "heavy" material for good and I would be happy. They've put out a ton of amazing death metal, and I want to see them continue on this interesting new direction. Of course, I could completely change my mind 3 years from now and want a fucking Wormrot record from Opeth.

Epidemic Reign
09-02-2011, 03:59 PM
:lol: Honestly, Opeth could be done writing "heavy" material for good and I would be happy. They've put out a ton of amazing death metal, and I want to see them continue on this interesting new direction. Of course, I could completely change my mind 3 years from now and want a fucking Wormrot record from Opeth.

Yeah as long as Bloodbath keeps putting out solid stuff, I could get used to consistently mellow Opeth records. Just as long as the Akerfeldt death growl is being put to use somewhere.

slapguitarer
09-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Current Top 20
1. Protest the Hero – Scurrilous
2. The Seven Mile Journey – Notes for Synthesis
3. sleepmakeswaves - …and so we destroyed everything
4. Light Bearer - Lapsus
5. Subrosa – No Help For The Mighty Ones
6. Grayceon – All We Destroy
7. Yob – Atma
8. Fen – Epoch
9. Symphony X – Iconoclast
10. Moonsorrow - Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa
11. Red Fang – Murder the Mountains
12. Disma – Toward The Megalith
13. Bloodiest – Descent
14. Unexpect – Fables of the Sleepless Empire
15. Revocation – Chaos of Forms
16. The Project Hate MCMXCIX – Bleeding The New Apocalypse
17. Helms Alee – Weatherhead
18. Iron & Wine – Kiss Each Other Clean
19. Explosions In The Sky – Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
20. Autopsy – Macabre Eternal

I'm a little behind, but that's what I got right now.

jhdeity
09-02-2011, 04:28 PM
New Dream Theater is a mortal lock for my Top 5 Worst cd's of 2011. I know people love them but I'm officially done with DT.

Opeth on the other hand... pretty f'n amazing!

That being said I heard 3 more Threat Signal songs and I'm thinking TS and Machine Head will be Top 5 as soon as I hear them.

idrinkwine732
09-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Current Top 20
1. Protest the Hero – Scurrilous

What a bitch

MPF
09-02-2011, 05:18 PM
How is it?

Haven't had a chance to hear it yet. I had to record a radio show and had a job interview tonight. Will be listening tonight at some point.

slapguitarer
09-02-2011, 06:06 PM
What a bitch

Bitch? No.

Fanboy? Perhaps.

BloodoftheKings
09-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I've lost track with my top 10. there's a few albums I heard that are definitely top 10 material that I need to listen to more. I need to listen to "Chaos of Forms" and "David Comes To Life" more so I know where to place them. I'll probably come up with my updated top 10 after I hear Anthrax, Opeth, Mastodon, and Primus.

dcmetal108
09-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Since I know alot of people here like them I was just told by a friend that their new album has in fact been leaked online as of today.

(Remember to buy it if you like it though.)

Butcher of Birth
09-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Already got the pre-sale package for the show at House of Blues, so maybe I will give it a listen.

ShatteredFlame
09-02-2011, 07:14 PM
I didn't even bother making a list. Should be interesting to make at the end of the year though. Lots of releases I've been getting into.

New Astronautalis is amazing. Another great hip-hop release.

dcmetal108
09-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm gonna give it a go later and see how it is. Knowing my I'll still pick up the deluxe edition.

jd091
09-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Already got the pre-sale package for the show at House of Blues, so maybe I will give it a listen.

^

I'm getting a signed copy comin' in the mail. That CD is just gonna sit in my collection, anyway. Might as well download and listen right now.

KillerCannabis
09-03-2011, 08:50 AM
It's good, a bit like Damnation 2 with a little splash of psychedelia. The production is much softer than I expected, though. I knew there weren't going to be harsh vocals, but I didn't know the album would also lack anything with some serious riffage and double bass.

GarageMetal468
09-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Tried listening to the new Dream Theater and halfway through I said screw it. That wasn't very good. Gonna listen to the new Opeth now, hopefully I'll like this one.

Butcher of Birth
09-03-2011, 10:41 AM
^

I'm getting a signed copy comin' in the mail. That CD is just gonna sit in my collection, anyway. Might as well download and listen right now.

Same

AnthG
09-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm only on Track 3, but so far this basically just sounds like softer parts on Watershed. We'll see how the rest plays out.

GarageMetal468
09-03-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm only on Track 3, but so far this basically just sounds like softer parts on Watershed. We'll see how the rest plays out.

Exactly what I thought. It's not necessarily a bad thing really, I'm enjoying it so far.

dcmetal108
09-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I keep wanting to listen but whenever I go to listen to it I end up listening to Terror and Hatebreed.

HugeRockStar
09-03-2011, 11:39 AM
On my first listen I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this album actually. Glad they changed it up a bit.

MPF
09-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Listening to the new album from Staind....YOU HEARD ME! I'm actually digging it. No mainstream singles, no shitty ballads, just all heavy Hard Rock songs, the album Dysfunction should have been after Tormented (I know a lot of you never even heard their debut, Tormented, look it up). This is actually not too shabby. Something I might even listen to again in the future. All I ask is that you actually check it out before you completely knock me. But I do have the flame shield ready.

jd091
09-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Listening to the new album from Staind....YOU HEARD ME! I'm actually digging it. No mainstream singles, no shitty ballads, just all heavy Hard Rock songs, the album Dysfunction should have been after Tormented (I know a lot of you never even heard their debut, Tormented, look it up). This is actually not too shabby. Something I might even listen to again in the future. All I ask is that you actually check it out before you completely knock me. But I do have the flame shield ready.

what

MPF
09-03-2011, 01:00 PM
what

You heard me. :D

I like 4 Staind albums. Tormented, Dysfunction, Break The Cycle (Well about half the album), and their latest Self Titled Album. The rest is complete shit. The newest album is what should have been released right after Tormented came out (an album a lot of people don't know about).

The new album is heavy, no shitty mainstream singles, or ballads. Just all Heavy and damn good songs.

I know Staind has been universally hated for the last 5-7 years, but they made up fr it on this album. Just listen to it before you knock it.

AnthG
09-03-2011, 03:13 PM
One full listen so far. Not a bad album, but nothing great. It's just kind of boring in a lot of places, which is what I thought of Watershed as well. Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that it has no growling or heavier riffs or anything. I guess time will tell.

ShatteredFlame
09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Has it been stated that the new WITTR leaked...cause um yeah. All I'm finding is 76.6mb which in wolves case probably means low quality, I hope it doesn't sound too bad.

EDIT: Also new M83 leaked, what the fuck that doesn't even release until 10/18. It's probably going to be hipster friendly so I'm scared.:hecho:

MPF
09-03-2011, 04:28 PM
New Wolves in The Throne Room?!?!?!?!??!

To The Internetzzzz

Found it quicker then I thought.

Sanitarium78
09-03-2011, 06:09 PM
The new Dream Theater is pretty solid. It won't rank near the the top but i'm liking it more than I did the last four albums. Lost Not Forgotten and Bridges To The Sky are my favorites so far.

I'm dissapointed in the new Alice Cooper. I mean he still has the great melodic hooks he always has but something is just missing here. Maybe I need to hear it a few more times but as it stands now i'm not sure if it's worthy of being associated with the original WTMN.

The other big issue is that i'm just not making the connection lyric wise between the story in the original and this one.

MPF
09-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't know whose a fan here, but I see all the love for Rap here with come Creator guy named Tyler or something.

The only MC that matters, MC Chris's Race Wars is now out!

daimonos
09-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Has it been stated that the new WITTR leaked...cause um yeah. All I'm finding is 76.6mb which in wolves case probably means low quality, I hope it doesn't sound too bad.

They had it for sale at the show the other night, so I'm guessing its online somewhere.

jd091
09-03-2011, 08:03 PM
They had it for sale at the show the other night, so I'm guessing its online somewhere.

Did you ever post a review of that?

larvtard
09-03-2011, 08:07 PM

daimonos never posts show reviews

treghet
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM
If you like Iron Maiden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEBWvQ6oWgQ

hb420
09-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Updated Top Ten as of 9/3
1. YOB - Atma
2. Corrupted - Garten Der Unbewusstheit
3. Opeth - Heritage
4. Red Fang - Murder The Mountains
5. Disma - Towards The Megalith
6. Morne - Asylum
7. Deafheaven - Roads To Judah
8. Altar of Plagues - Mammal
9. Wolves In The Throne Room - Celistial Lineage
10. Flourishing - The Sum of All Fossils

adamclark52
09-03-2011, 08:51 PM
It's been a pretty slow year for me, the only new albums I've heard are the new Anaal Nathrakh, Deicide, Sepultura, Morbid Angel and Unearth. I guess Unearth is the best of them all, Deicide was better than I expected, Morbid Angel had its moments, Anaal Nathrakh was a huge disappointment and Sepultura was terrible.

I usually get albums long after they've been released so the best CD I've heard all year is probably Blut Aus Nord's 'the Work Which Transforms God'. That album was absolute terror.

Some other good but old albums I've got this year are Skinless' 'Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead', Disgorge's 'Parallels of Infinite Torture', Fuck the Facts' 'Disgorge Mexico', My Dying Brides' 'Words of Darkness, Songs of Light', the Dawn of Ashes album (shut up), Fear Factory's 'Mechanize', Agallochs' "Marrow of the Spirit' and a few good ones from Napalm Death that were hard to come by.

jd091
09-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Some other good but old albums I've got this year are Skinless' 'Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead', Disgorge's 'Parallels of Infinite Torture', Fuck the Facts' 'Disgorge Mexico', My Dying Brides' 'Words of Darkness, Songs of Light', the Dawn of Ashes album (shut up), Fear Factory's 'Mechanize', Agallochs' "Marrow of the Spirit' and a few good ones from Napalm Death that were hard to come by.

Great albums. And I agree that the new Unearth is fantastic; best thing they've done since The Oncoming Storm.

adamclark52
09-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Great albums. And I agree that the new Unearth is fantastic; best thing they've done since The Oncoming Storm.

Disgorge Mexico was pretty insane, like one long song broken up really. Looking forward to seeing them opening for Napalm Death next month.

The new Unearth is the first album I've gotten by them after not being too impressed by them in around 2004, then not being able to even remember anything from when they opened for Dimmu in 2007. I bought it on the strength of the title track and was glad I did (especially since I got the new Sepultura the same day).

Statutory-Mike
09-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I need this now

powerslave_85
09-03-2011, 11:23 PM
I love it. The musicianship is astonishingly good, not that I'm surprised.

MPF
09-03-2011, 11:23 PM
If you are Prog fan you will love this album.
If you are a Metal purist, you'll hate this album.

*Some exceptions need apply*

powerslave_85
09-03-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm neither :lol: Truthfully, I wouldn't listen to something like this if it were a different band.

MetalIsArt
09-04-2011, 12:57 AM

Oh wait until "lulu" comes out....

NecroRob
09-04-2011, 01:08 AM
New Astronautalis is amazing. Another great hip-hop release.

I had the pleasure of seeing him preform yesterday at Bumbershoot. He was probably my second favorite performance of the day behind Little Dragon (who were amazing btw). His free style rap was incredible.

MPF
09-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Oh wait until "lulu" comes out....

It's not often you see so many people flat out hate an album before they heard one note of it. Lulu does that for sure.

MetalIsArt
09-04-2011, 01:42 AM
It's not often you see so many people flat out hate an album before they heard one note of it. Lulu does that for sure.

Yes, it's quite heavy lol.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Heritage, as those fusion kinda influences have always been there.

Epidemic Reign
09-04-2011, 01:53 AM

I think the mere mention of "Metallica" has been doing that for sure, for quite some time now...

ChildrenofSodom
09-04-2011, 07:29 AM
It's good...but hey man, where's the death metal?

Wizzbang11
09-04-2011, 07:52 AM
An opportunity for this has come up once again, yay:
http://www2.shrani.si/files/opeth22512474.jpg

jd091
09-04-2011, 08:06 AM
It's good...but hey man, where's the death metal?

Where have you been for the past 4 months?

ShatteredFlame
09-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I had the pleasure of seeing him preform yesterday at Bumbershoot. He was probably my second favorite performance of the day behind Little Dragon (who were amazing btw). His free style rap was incredible.

Yeah I seen him before do a headlining set and he did around 3 freestyles. I fucking love that guy. Great stage presence, the freestyling is nuts(for those of you who don't know at every show the audience is told to give him topics that have nothing to do about rap and he will freestyle all of them into a rap), and his music is unlike any other rapper I know.

ravenheart
09-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Where have you been for the past 4 months?

He's being ironic.

jd091
09-04-2011, 08:51 AM
He's being ironic.

Oh, right. Internet sarcasm.

DethMaiden
09-04-2011, 10:03 AM
My #2 spot is such a clusterfuck. #1 is definitely Fucked Up, #2 could be Rwake or Altar of Plagues of SubRosa or Death Grips or Wolves in the Throne Room or Liturgy or Protest the Hero. No idea which.

idrinkwine732
09-04-2011, 10:24 AM
My #2 spot is such a clusterfuck. #1 is definitely Fucked Up, #2 could be Rwake or Altar of Plagues of SubRosa or Death Grips or Wolves in the Throne Room or Liturgy or Protest the Hero. No idea which.

First world problems man ;)

DethMaiden
09-04-2011, 10:25 AM
First world problems man ;)

Not even. I think wealthy people are rolling their eyes at that bullshit problem.

#rockcritproblems

brutal_descent
09-04-2011, 10:26 AM
As of September 4th:

1. Opeth - Heritage
2. Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony
3. Between The Buried And Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues
4. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
5. Protest The Hero - Scurrilous
6. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
7. Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction
8. Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will
9. Revocation - Chaos of Forms
10. Weedeater - Jason... The Dragon
11. Tyler, the Creator - Goblin
12. Deicide - To Hell With God
13. Red Fang - Murder The Mountains
14. Burzum - Fallen
15. Unearth - Darkness In The Light

DethMaiden
09-04-2011, 10:29 AM
7. Alcest - Le Secret

Cheater!

brutal_descent
09-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Cheater!

:3

good point

slapguitarer
09-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Definitely Scurrilous ;)

brutal_descent
09-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Definitely Scurrilous ;)

No, Liturgy or Altar

El Gordo
09-04-2011, 11:05 AM
An opportunity for this has come up once again, yay:
http://www2.shrani.si/files/opeth22512474.jpg

Are you implying that Opeth is gay? Or that liking Opeth is gay?

Either way, I'm fine with it.

slapguitarer
09-04-2011, 11:40 AM
No, Liturgy or Altar

I've yet to listen to Liturgy and I really was not impressed by Altar of Plagues at all.

hb420
09-04-2011, 11:49 AM
The new Brutal Truth leaked and its amazing. Lock in for best grind release this year easily. :rocker::rocker:

larvtard
09-04-2011, 12:17 PM
The new Brutal Truth leaked and its amazing. Lock in for best grind release this year easily. :rocker::rocker:

Not on mediafire it hasn't. But thanks for the heads up, man, looking forward to this one :rocker:

anyways...
Today is the Day - very cool
Opeth - surprisingly pretty awesome
WITTR - haven't listened to enough of the band to judge the quality of this release, but it sounds fine to me
Vader - pretty solid death metal, nothing more nothing less

Indestructible
09-04-2011, 12:27 PM
The new Dream theater is awsome

ChildrenofSodom
09-04-2011, 01:18 PM
He's being ironic.

I'm actually not. I know I sound like a metal jock right now, but hear me out: I like slow Opeth. But I like the Ghost Reveries Opeth even more. Mikael has one of the best growls in metal, and he underutilizes it.

And I haven't been posting much on here because of my job, the dominance, lately, of posters on here who I don't know, and the fact that Brad tells me if there is any metal I need to hear. Hence the shit ton of black metal I've gotten into this summer. Also, way too many "Top XX ____ albums" threads and Slipknot/Dream Theater news.

mankvill
09-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Opeth was never really death metal in the first place, though. Like, yeah it was kinda there but it was never what they focused on. I like the term "extreme progressive metal" for Opeth.

If you want some progressive death, I can make some recs. :D

ravenheart
09-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm actually not.

That is pretty weak then, even for part-time participation here. Mikael said it won't have any death metal elements to it from months before it was recorded, all the way through to now. It's basically impossible to know there's a new Opeth album coming out and not know it's got no death metal on it. I really have no idea how you've managed that :lol:

ravenheart
09-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Oh, right. Internet sarcasm.

:lol:, the fallback dismissal for anyone who doesn't actually understand real irony or sarcasm. Always priceless, even though in this case CoS let us down by actually being serious. Shame on you, Cameron!

AnthG
09-04-2011, 03:13 PM

I'm neither. I like MSI for fuck's sake.

ChildrenofSodom
09-04-2011, 07:55 PM
That is pretty weak then, even for part-time participation here. Mikael said it won't have any death metal elements to it from months before it was recorded, all the way through to now. It's basically impossible to know there's a new Opeth album coming out and not know it's got no death metal on it. I really have no idea how you've managed that :lol:

Oh, I knew there wasn't going to be any death metal on this album. I wasn't shocked by any means. I guess in that sense I was being sarcastic. My comment was just a lament that what I knew to be true was finally reaching my ears.

illuminatus917
09-04-2011, 07:56 PM
What a bitch

Yeah, Notes For the Synthesis should be #1. ;)

BloodoftheKings
09-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Top 10 as of now:

1. Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction
2. Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
3. Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
4. Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
5. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
6. Devin Townsend Project - Ghost
7. Dropkick Murphys - Going Out in Style
8. Fair To Midland - Arrows and Anchors
9. Motorhead - The World is Yours
10. Death Grips - Ex-Military

Albums that are top 10 material that I need to listen to more to find out what number they are:

Revocation - Chaos of Forms
Cannabis Corpse - Beneath the Grow Light Thou Shall Rise
Fucked Up - David Comes To Life

Albums coming soon that have a good shot at making their way into my top 10:

Anthrax - Worship Music
Primus - Green Naugahyde
Opeth - Heritage
Machine Head - Locust

My top ten will change drastically by the end of September.

christopher
09-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Awesome!!! I was looking for it the other day, hoping it had been leaked. I'll download it asap.

hb420
09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
The album is amazing, been hearing it non-stop since it leaked. I think this exactly what Opeth needed after Watershed. Which I thought was really mediocre besides Heir Apparent, The Lotus Eaters, and Hessian Peel. I just hope with the next album they add a bit more metallic edge to it. The production and mix was perfect, a really organic 70's vibe. Tons of bands these days are trying for that type of sound but don't nail it nearly as good as this.

Statutory-Mike
09-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I need to listen to this album SO badly.

Epidemic Reign
09-05-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm neither. I like MSI for fuck's sake.

MSI kicks ass.

ravenheart
09-05-2011, 01:25 AM
My comment was just a lament that what I knew to be true was finally reaching my ears.

:violin: ;)

mastodon421
09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Anthrax leaked.

masterguy49
09-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Anthrax leaked.

PM leak plz

masterguy49
09-05-2011, 12:31 PM
So the new Battles album, "Gloss Drop" is fucking AWESOME. :party:

slapguitarer
09-05-2011, 01:58 PM
So the new Battles album, "Gloss Drop" is fucking AWESOME. :party:

It is. I love how playful it is.

masterguy49
09-05-2011, 02:02 PM
It is. I love how playful it is.

Seriously, it's so upbeat and awesome.

Also the Glassjaw EP Coloring Book is awesome as well. Reminds me of Deftones and I LOVE that :D

daimonos
09-05-2011, 02:38 PM

Damn, completely forgot to do that. I meant to get around to it, but I had a real busy weekend. It doesn't help that I didn't know Wolves' setlist. Bloodiest played all of Descent and Indian played most of Guiltless. Was a great show all around, but I gotta give the gold to Bloodiest. Seriously one of the best live acts I've seen.

daimonos never posts show reviews

Dunno where you got that idea. I will admit that I don't always post reviews, but I put up three within the last two months (Pentagram, Clutch, Slayer).

daimonos
09-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Are you implying that Opeth is gay? Or that liking Opeth is gay?

Either way, I'm fine with it.

This. I'd probly go gay for Mikael :eyes:

Anyways, I'm gonna wait til this is actually released for some strange reason. That being said, I'm glad I'm hearing mostly good things about it, and I'm really fucking pumped for it to come in the mail.

DethMaiden
09-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Halfway through the new St. Vincent. Definitely gonna make a top 10 run. This and the War on Drugs will be neck and neck for the best indie record this year, I think.

KillerCannabis
09-05-2011, 03:32 PM
The more I listen to this, the less I like it. Feels like a solo project, not an Opeth album proper.

masterguy49
09-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Death Grips - ExMilitary is pretty awesome :cool:

BloodoftheKings
09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Death Grips - ExMilitary is pretty awesome :cool:

Thank you, I'm not gonna stop talking about Death Grips til a decent amount of people on here listen to them.

larvtard
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Damn, completely forgot to do that. I meant to get around to it, but I had a real busy weekend. It doesn't help that I didn't know Wolves' setlist. Bloodiest played all of Descent and Indian played most of Guiltless. Was a great show all around, but I gotta give the gold to Bloodiest. Seriously one of the best live acts I've seen.

Dunno where you got that idea. I will admit that I don't always post reviews, but I put up three within the last two months (Pentagram, Clutch, Slayer).

Yay!!! :party: I fucking love Bloodiest, so knowing that they aren't a bore live makes me happy.

And sorry, I meant to say rarely :tp:

@Blood - not a fan of the Death Grips rapper, sorry bro.

masterguy49
09-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Thank you, I'm not gonna stop talking about Death Grips til a decent amount of people on here listen to them.

I knew about it for a long time for my hipster friend kept telling me to listen to them. Today I finally did and it was pretty good.

christopher
09-05-2011, 06:06 PM

I tried that with the Goddamn Gallows, but no one gave a shit about looking them up:flame:

ShatteredFlame
09-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I tried that with the Goddamn Gallows, but no one gave a shit about looking them up:flame:

I listen to them. I will probably see them Halloween weekend too! :party:

And I honestly can't get into Death Grips at all

christopher
09-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I listen to them. I will probably see them Halloween weekend too! :party:

And I honestly can't get into Death Grips at all

Oh awesome!!! I'm glad someone else appreciates good music on here :lol: Have you listened to 7 Devils yet? That is my top album for 2011. Attention Deficit Domination will compete with it when I hear it tomorrow.

ShatteredFlame
09-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Oh awesome!!! I'm glad someone else appreciates good music on here :lol: Have you listened to 7 Devils yet? That is my top album for 2011. Attention Deficit Domination will compete with it when I hear it tomorrow.

Nope, wasn't aware they released an album this year. I'll get it now :D

daimonos
09-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Yay!!! :party: I fucking love Bloodiest, so knowing that they aren't a bore live makes me happy.

And sorry, I meant to say rarely :tp:

They were so awesome live. I didn't know that there were seven people in the band, but having all of them made the layering and dynamics incredible. Bruce Lamont was so into it it was ridiculous, he looked possessed. All the other people in the band, including their very good looking female keyboardist (now one of my favorite three females in metal :D), just looked extremely zoned out and you could tell they were all so into it. They played Descent the whole way through, it was incredible. It makes me really happy to know that they play around Chicago quite often.

Natrlhi
09-05-2011, 06:38 PM
They were so awesome live. I didn't know that there were seven people in the band, but having all of them made the layering and dynamics incredible. Bruce Lamont was so into it it was ridiculous, he looked possessed. All the other people in the band, including their very good looking female keyboardist (now one of my favorite three females in metal :D), just looked extremely zoned out and you could tell they were all so into it. They played Descent the whole way through, it was incredible. It makes me really happy to know that they play around Chicago quite often.You can just go suck a bag of dicks.

larvtard
09-05-2011, 06:53 PM
You can just go suck a bag of dicks.

I concur.

But thanks for the mini-review sammy ;)

christopher
09-05-2011, 06:58 PM

But I have so many questions to ask. Am I suppose to suck the side of the bag? Or each dick individiually? Do I need to make each of them cum?

:lol:

Natrlhi
09-05-2011, 07:07 PM
But I have so many questions to ask. Am I suppose to suck the side of the bag? Or each dick individiually? Do I need to make each of them cum?

:lol::lol: Oh, dat Louie.

moobys37
09-05-2011, 07:18 PM

But we saw a Cobalt song live. Chris loves the Man's Gin record by the way :cool:

Natrlhi
09-05-2011, 07:36 PM
But we saw a Cobalt song live. Chris loves the Man's Gin record by the way :cool:True, but I want to see Bloodiest and Indian and WITTR, too!!!

...and of fucking course he does. ;)

EDIT: But yeah, you and I should make that a meme. Anytime anyone challenges us, we just say "I saw a Cobalt song live" - and the conversation ends. We win. :D

Nater
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I like the new Anthrax album but just listening to it you can tell that it wasn't meant for Joey and sometimes it really bothers me and I don't know why. Maybe with a couple more listens I will get past it. Still good stuff though and it's awesome to hear Joey belting stuff out with Anthrax again:rocker:

daimonos
09-05-2011, 07:41 PM
True, but I want to see Bloodiest and Indian and WITTR, too!!!

...and of fucking course he does. ;)

EDIT: But yeah, you and I should make that a meme. Anytime anyone challenges us, we just say "I saw a Cobalt song live" - and the conversation ends. We win. :D

And if you wanna know about Indian, they were probably the heaviest, loudest, most violent, raging motherfuckers I've ever seen on a stage. They were like animals. Oh, and I was on the rail for both of those bands, and most of WITTR. I know I'll probably get some shit, from Brad especially, but I just didn't enjoy Wolves as much as the first two bands. It was a very nice welcome from two of Chicago's finest ;)

slapguitarer
09-05-2011, 08:23 PM
They played Descent the whole way through, it was incredible

:finger2:

MetalIsArt
09-06-2011, 12:14 AM
The more I listen to this, the less I like it. Feels like a solo project, not an Opeth album proper.

And yet, Opeth was never a pure death metal band. Blackwater Park was named after some progrock band from, I think, Germany.

ChildrenofSodom
09-06-2011, 06:20 AM
And yet, Opeth was never a pure death metal band. Blackwater Park was named after some progrock band from, I think, Germany.

No one is asking for a pure death metal album.

DethMaiden
09-06-2011, 07:20 AM
I'm too afraid to even listen to this after how much I hated The Devil's Orchard. And Opeth is a top 5ish band for me.

moobys37
09-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I like it but I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I say it's a great album. To me, it reminds me a lot of Damnation through a 70's scope. The album lacks any kind of impact, and there is no need for any kind of death metal for there to be said impact. It feels incredibly one dimensional as in there are none of the dynamic changes that make Opeth Opeth. I don't hate the album by any stretch of the imagination but I am very disappointed by it.

powerslave_85
09-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm too afraid to even listen to this after how much I hated The Devil's Orchard. And Opeth is a top 5ish band for me.
Which is weird, because prog-nerd Brad from like 3 years ago would have loved this.

mankvill
09-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I actually super prefer Opeth's proggy clean stuff to their more death metal music, so I'm really looking forward to this. Won't listen til I can pick it up, though.

DethMaiden
09-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Which is weird, because prog-nerd Brad from like 3 years ago would have loved this.

Ha, at least four years. :tongue:

Nah, I'd still be interested if this were the new Porcupine Tree or Peter Gabriel or somebody else who I trust to make a non-metal prog album, but Opeth functions best in my opinion as either a progressive death metal band (duh) or as a beautiful, mellow songs band. The stuff that falls in that gray area from them tends to be kinda meh.

TonyD
09-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah I haven't even downloaded this yet, not too excited for it.

ShatteredFlame
09-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I like it but I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I say it's a great album. To me, it reminds me a lot of Damnation through a 70's scope. The album lacks any kind of impact, and there is no need for any kind of death metal for there to be said impact. It feels incredibly one dimensional as in there are none of the dynamic changes that make Opeth Opeth..

Yeah this pretty much sums it up.

I wasn't disappointed with it though, I don't think they've been that great since BWP.

ravenheart
09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
So with only a few months to go, my 2011 list is definitely shaping up. At the moment the locks look to be:

Arch Enemy
Bloodiest
Burden
Graveyard
Karl Demata Band
Kruk
Leprous
Pentagram
Premonition 13

After that, Iced Earth, Evile, Onslaught, Crowbar and a few others are in with a shout.

DethMaiden
09-06-2011, 12:45 PM
And if you wanna know about Indian, they were probably the heaviest, loudest, most violent, raging motherfuckers I've ever seen on a stage. They were like animals. Oh, and I was on the rail for both of those bands, and most of WITTR. I know I'll probably get some shit, from Brad especially, but I just didn't enjoy Wolves as much as the first two bands. It was a very nice welcome from two of Chicago's finest ;)

The 18 minutes Wolves in the Throne Room spent playing "I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots" were the best 18 minutes of my life. Suck a dick.

:)

ravenheart
09-06-2011, 12:50 PM
The 18 minutes Wolves in the Throne Room spent playing "I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots" were the best 18 minutes of my life. Suck a dick.

:)

Just the one? He got off lightly! Vegantopher had to do a whole bag!

powerslave_85
09-06-2011, 01:08 PM

christopher
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM

:lol: haha that bastard

Travis The Dragon
09-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I noticed on isohunt that it leaked a day ago. :party: I'm about to grab my copy now!

ravenheart
09-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I was about to say it's incredibly unusual for a Nuclear Blast album to leak. Then I realised Megaforce are releasing it Stateside. That's not unsual at all.

Gotta say though, getting excited about a leak is pretty sad on more than one level.

Sanitarium78
09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
There's some good stuff on it but it's a little weird hearing Belladonna sing songs that were written for a Bush/Nelson style voice.

BloodoftheKings
09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm about to grab my copy now!

:confused:

metallicbrian666
09-06-2011, 03:17 PM
There's some good stuff on it but it's a little weird hearing Belladonna sing songs that were written for a Bush/Nelson style voice.
Exactly why I don't care about this album. They can make up whatever bullshit they want about how they rewrote songs to fit his voice or whatever, sounds like they just put a half assed melody over songs that were meant to have a harsher voice.

Travis The Dragon
09-06-2011, 03:26 PM
:confused:

Do you use bit torrent?

Sanitarium78
09-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Exactly why I don't care about this album. They can make up whatever bullshit they want about how they rewrote songs to fit his voice or whatever, sounds like they just put a half assed melody over songs that were meant to have a harsher voice.

I'm sure they reaggranged the songs as much as they could but all this stuff was written and ready to go so I don't blame them for releasing it. Belladonna does a good job on it considering it wasn't written for him. My guess is they'll probably only do like four off it live so it's not like it's gonna hog up a lot of set time.

With the first song being an intro and going straight into Earth On Hell, I can easily see them opening the show with that. They'll do The Devil You Know and Fight 'Em Til You Can't for sure. Then probably one other one, I hope it's In The End and that's it.

If there's another album with Belladonna I think it will be much better since it will be written for his voice. This is a good album, it's just Joey being agressive vocally isn't his thing but he pulls it off as best he can.

the deathmetaler
09-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I've had the album downloaded since yesterday. I have given the entire album a few listens and I think it completely sucks. What happened to this band??? Their first five albums were so awesome. They pretty much created their own style of thrash. Now they just sound like some odd metalcore band who make a sad attempt to still be thrashy. I still love this band for what they have accomplished in the past and I will be seeing them on tour with Testament and Death Angel just to see them play some old tunes. I will not really be looking forward to them playing any new songs. Hell On Earth is a small exception...

elturtleboy
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Ugh I'm afraid to hear this now :(

Maidenmagic
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
I wasn't exactly impressed with Fight em til you can't and The Devil you know so I wasn't expecting this album to get good reviews. I may buy it but definitely not on it's release date. That date is reserved for Dream Theater and Arch/Matheos.

es156
09-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Ah, the injustice!

Travis The Dragon
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Just though I'd mention this one as well in case some missed it. Too sweet!

MPF
09-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Post from previous thread*

mankvill
09-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Arch Enemy

the fuck?

BloodoftheKings
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Do you use bit torrent?

yeah sometimes but your not "grabbing a copy" if your downloading a torrent.

Sanitarium78
09-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Just though I'd mention this one as well in case some missed it. Too sweet!

Man that news is sooo four days ago;)

MPF
09-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Man that news is sooo four days ago;)

But you gotta remember, unless HE posts it, it's not news. He makes us quite clear on that with all the reposts.

Maidenmagic
09-06-2011, 05:28 PM
I listened to samples of all the songs from Worship music and it doesn't sound too bad. I listened to the full length versions of Earth on Hell and I'm Alive. The former is awesome, the latter not so much.

Sanitarium78
09-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I listened to samples of all the songs from Worship music and it doesn't sound too bad. I listened to the full length versions of Earth on Hell and I'm Alive. The former is awesome, the latter not so much.

I think In The End, The Giant and Revolution Screams are good ones to.

I honestly don't understand how any Anthrax fan couldn't like Fight Em Til You Can't:confused:

MetalIsArt
09-07-2011, 02:37 AM
No one is asking for a pure death metal album.

In dutch we say:

Ik mag zeggen en schrijven wat ik wil, je moet daar niet als een klein babytje op zitten kankeren, duidelijk?

Bij mijn weten heb ik nog nooit iets "verkeerds" gezegd tegen jou of tegen iemand anders hier. Dat niemand vraagt om een puur deatmetal album weet ik ook wel, dat zou pas een flinke wijziging zijn tegenover hun typische geluid.

And now, back in the day.

ravenheart
09-07-2011, 03:43 AM
the fuck?

Yes?

Not sayin' it'll be number one or anything - you'll notice the bands in that post are in alphabetical order - but it's a damn fine record.

ravenheart
09-07-2011, 03:44 AM
In dutch we say:

Ik mag zeggen en schrijven wat ik wil, je moet daar niet als een klein babytje op zitten kankeren, duidelijk?

Bij mijn weten heb ik nog nooit iets "verkeerds" gezegd tegen jou of tegen iemand anders hier. Dat niemand vraagt om een puur deatmetal album weet ik ook wel, dat zou pas een flinke wijziging zijn tegenover hun typische geluid.

And now, back in the day.

So you just mash your face on the keyboard for 10 seconds then walk away? :finger:

dcmetal108
09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Is anyone looking forward to "Keepers Of The Faith" by Terror! Thats all I think about.

brutal_descent
09-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Is anyone looking forward to "Keepers Of The Faith" by Terror! Thats all I think about.

But... it's out already. :hecho:

dcmetal108
09-07-2011, 12:23 PM
But... it's out already. :hecho:

Really? I can't find a torrent for it or in stores. Plus it said there was a preorder package online for it coming out in Nov.???

I'm confused!!!

brutal_descent
09-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Really? I can't find a torrent for it or in stores. Plus it said there was a preorder package online for it coming out in Nov.???

I'm confused!!!

It came out exactly a year ago, actually. :lol:

dcmetal108
09-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Then I just can't find it anywhere! :(

BloodoftheKings
09-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Then I just can't find it anywhere! :(

Here you go, wasn't hard to find.
http://www.amazon.com/Keepers-Faith-Terror/dp/B003XQE0JU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1315428516&sr=8-4

BloodoftheKings
09-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I plan to purchase Green Naugahyde and Worship Music this coming teusday. I will have to listen to Welcome 2 My Nightmare before I decide to buy it. I'll listen to Dramatic Turn of Events some time as well but i'm in no rush.

larvtard
09-07-2011, 02:50 PM
OMG THIS IS SO GOOD...LISTEN TO THE RIFF

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/12348-rwake-was-only-a-dream/

Haha, definitely looking forward to this now :rocker:

Also, the new Brutal Truth record is fucking amazing. Best pure grind album I've heard this year without a doubt.

MPF
09-07-2011, 03:19 PM
For those that haven't heard it. Primus- Green Naugahyde is streaming on southparkstudios.com

jd091
09-07-2011, 10:26 PM

I'm confused!!!

Come to me, bro. Come to me. ;)

Keepers of the Faith has been released for a year now. Terror is re-releasing it, with an added DVD full of concert footage/documentary stuff. I've got it preordered already. But yeah, you can buy/stream/download that album right fucking now. Don't know why you cant find it, if you really just suck at googling PM me and I'll link you. But it's up on every major site. And you should get it now, since it's their best since One With the Underdogs.

I take it you're fairly new to Terror, since you didn't know that. You must, and I mean must listen to One With The Underdogs and Lowest of the Low right now if you haven't yet. In-fucking-credible. Full of some of the best, most intense hardcore songs out there. And if you haven't seen the live, do yourself a favor and watch them wreck shit on the God Damn Tour.

dcmetal108
09-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Yea I plan on hitting up the Terror show in Joliet since I missed them when they came to the Bottomlounge.

hellawaits77ny
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, One With the Underdogs is an amazing hardcore album. And the title track is one of the best live songs, ever, by any band IMO.

hellawaits77ny
09-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Has anyone checked out Dying Fetus' new EP 'History Repeats...'? It's ok. Nothing great, but it's an all covers album. Well, I think the first song is great. Dehumanized cover, very very solid. I like Rohypnol too. The liner notes say it's a joke song. It's less than a minute long, and Jon uses, yes, pig squeals. On the way to Cape Cod my girlfriend was napping, and she hates Dying Fetus, and actaully asked who was playing, cause the pig squeals just aren't DF. Still though, the song is kinda cool. Check it out:

Dying Fetus - Rohypnol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAX5IAIJpE8)

Nothing else though really stands out to me.

Overall : 6/10

jd091
09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Has anyone checked out Dying Fetus' new EP 'History Repeats...'? It's ok. Nothing great, but it's an all covers album. Well, I think the first song is great. Dehumanized cover, very very solid. I like Rohypnol too. The liner notes say it's a joke song. It's less than a minute long, and Jon uses, yes, pig squeals. On the way to Cape Cod my girlfriend was napping, and she hates Dying Fetus, and actaully asked who was playing, cause the pig squeals just aren't DF. Still though, the song is kinda cool. Check it out:

Dying Fetus - Rohypnol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAX5IAIJpE8)

Nothing else though really stands out to me.

Overall : 6/10

Yeah, it's nothing super special. Whatever.

ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE:

Has anyone listened to the new Ulcerate? It's incredible. Just... wow. Fuck. This came literally out of nowhere. Awesome atmospheric death metal. Very good "slow" death metal, if that makes any sense. And it has great art, too:

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ulcerate-destroyersofall.jpg

MPF
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
New Animals As Leaders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozDl2ZMaDM&feature=player_embedded

jd091
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
New Animals As Leaders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozDl2ZMaDM&feature=player_embedded

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/Cereal-Guy-Spit.jpg

MPF
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/Cereal-Guy-Spit.jpg

I'll take that as a good thing.

Even though it's been mentioned for weeks about how this has been leaked. NPR has Opeth's Heritage streaming.

jd091
09-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Even though it's been mentioned for weeks about how this has been leaked

ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT THE NEW AAL IS LEAKED

AND I HAVEN'T EVEN KNOWN

MPF
09-11-2011, 10:11 PM
ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT THE NEW AAL IS LEAKED

AND I HAVEN'T EVEN KNOWN

I'm implying the youtube link I sent contains new Animals as Leaders.

Just click the damn link.

jd091
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm implying the youtube link I sent contains new Animals as Leaders.

Just click the damn link.

I wouldn't call it a "leak" per se. And yes, I've watched it like, 5 times already. Sounds absolutely incredible. Hence the "spit out my cereal in amazement" pic.

MPF
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't call it a "leak" per se. And yes, I've watched it like, 5 times already. Sounds absolutely incredible. Hence the "spit out my cereal in amazement" pic.

I wasn't calling it a leak. I just said it was new Animals As Leaders. :D:D:D

Also if you read the description, it tells you that it comes off the Amazon UK site. So it's not leaked yet. That would be damn near a record now a days from leak to release day gap.

Although the latest Burzum will be keeping that record for a long time.

treghet
09-11-2011, 10:34 PM
JD, he was talking about Opeth leaking. He just worded it terribly.

jd091
09-11-2011, 10:58 PM
JD, he was talking about Opeth leaking. He just worded it terribly.
Gotcha. Sorry; I'm just anticipating the new AAL a ton. Probably gonna knock The Collective out of Instrumental Album of the Year.

mastodon421
09-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Yeah, it's nothing super special. Whatever.

ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE:

Has anyone listened to the new Ulcerate? It's incredible. Just... wow. Fuck. This came literally out of nowhere. Awesome atmospheric death metal. Very good "slow" death metal, if that makes any sense. And it has great art, too:

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ulcerate-destroyersofall.jpg

I just listened to it a couple of weeks ago and I was really impressed. I liked that it had a bit of a sludge influence as well. I am very much looking forward to seeing them at MDF.

ShatteredFlame
09-12-2011, 05:36 AM
I've been listening to that Ulcerate album since January.

Rocco44
09-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I've been listening to that Ulcerate album since January.

Same here. I'm not the biggest death metal fan, but I like their atmosphere. Pretty unique, compelling stuff. Their last album Everything Is Fire is also good.

MPF
09-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Arch/Matheos is out.

I'm sure Madien33 and I are the only ones who have really been waiting to hear it, but it's amazing, it's like Fates Warning picked up right where they left off with Arch.

That said I want new Fates Warning in 2012!

maidenpriest
09-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Arch/Matheos is out.

I'm sure Madien33 and I are the only ones who have really been waiting to hear it, but it's amazing, it's like Fates Warning picked up right where they left off with Arch.

Nope not the only one! I'm downloading now!

HandOfDoom
09-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Just wanted to jot this down, 2011 so far.

1. Autopsy-Macabre Eternal
2. Opeth- Heritage
3. The Devin Towsend Project Deconstruction
4. Protest The Hero- Scurrilous
5. Yob-Atma
6. The Atomic Bitchwax-Local Fuzz
7. Weedeater- Jason...The Dragon
8. Primus- Green Naugahyde
9. Crowbar- Sever The Wicked Hand
10. Symphony X- Iconoclast

Bound to change though..

Natrlhi
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
8. Primus- Green Naugahyde
Interesting...

jhdeity
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
For you old school video gamers lovers Cerebral Bore is out. I had to check it out just because the band is named after one of the 3 best weapons in the history of video games. Typical love the music hate the vocals for me but I'm sure some people will like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWFkXzwC6Bw

I miss sneaking up on a guy and unleashing THE BORE on him and watching the brain matter fly out the side of his head while yelling THE BORRRRRE! Ah the good ole days...

BloodoftheKings
09-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Worship Music is good but a little underwhelming. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece I still expected something a little better, and there is pretty much no thrash on the album.

Green Naugahyde on the other hand :drool::drool::drool:

dcmetal108
09-13-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm actually really enjoying Warship Music the more I listen to it. Its catchy.

Still have yet to get Primus' new cd though.

Sanitarium78
09-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Worship Music does get better with each listen. I'm really enjoying it a lot. I don't mind that there isn't much thrash on it since Anthrax hasn't done a full on thrash album since POT. So i'm not sure why anyone would be expecting that:confused:

I found it took me a few listens to get used to Joey singing songs that were obviously not written for his voice and for me to get used to Joey's current voice. It's a lot deeper than it used to be, which is understandable since they guy is like 50 now. Once you get used to that it's a very good album.

King Slender
09-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm actually really enjoying Warship Music the more I listen to it. Its catchy.

This. Had no expectations for it and it's pretty fucking good.

BloodoftheKings
09-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Anthrax hasn't done a full on thrash album since POT. So i'm not sure why anyone would be expecting that:confused:

I think that's why people were expecting it, POT was the last album with Joey and with him back people expect it to be like POT and the albums before that. Maybe it will get better the more I listen to it. The problem is their is so much new stuff today to listen to, and it doesn't help that i'm addicted to the new Primus and it's keeping me from listening to other things. Some songs on their I already listened to 3 times today.

Sanitarium78
09-13-2011, 05:53 PM
I think that's why people were expecting it, POT was the last album with Joey and with him back people expect it to be like POT and the albums before that. Maybe it will get better the more I listen to it. The problem is their is so much new stuff today to listen to, and it doesn't help that i'm addicted to the new Primus and it's keeping me from listening to other things. Some songs on their I already listened to 3 times today.

Considering this album was written while Dan Nelson was the singer there's no reason for anyone to think it would be like the other Belladonna albums. They had this album ready to go for like two years and all they needed was for someone to come in and re-do the vocals.

I'm sure they changed the tone of the guitars to fit Joey's voice but other than that they probably didn't change much of anything. If Joey sticks around for another album, from the interviews i've read with him it doesn't seem likely though, then maybe the next one will sound like the old ones.

xa123
09-13-2011, 06:21 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f204/Imrahilcool/lookingforanser.jpg

Looking for an Answer - Eterno Treblinka

One of the best grind albums this year

BloodoftheKings
09-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Another significant release today, Lil B - Black Flame mixtape
http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-B-The-Based-God-Black-Flame-mixtape.262988.html

ShatteredFlame
09-13-2011, 06:43 PM

YES! :horns:

Epidemic Reign
09-14-2011, 01:19 AM

Listening to this now, it's solid stuff.

MPF
09-14-2011, 01:24 AM

So Jesus was fat and had titties....

I guess you learn something new everyday.

BloodoftheKings
09-14-2011, 03:41 AM
So Jesus was fat and had titties....

I guess you learn something new everyday.

There's also a vagina on his stomach. :eyes:

Epidemic Reign
09-14-2011, 04:05 AM

Oh, so THAT'S what a vagina looks like...

ravenheart
09-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Arch/Matheos is out.

Hah, speak for yourself. I've had it for about three weeks :finger:

HandOfDoom
09-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Interesting...

too low?, just listened to it yesterday

MPF
09-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Hah, speak for yourself. I've had it for about three weeks :finger:

Well Like I said, we were WAITING to hear it. I had a feeling you had it already. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
09-14-2011, 12:07 PM

yeah but i thought that was common knowledge

jd091
09-14-2011, 12:15 PM
yeah but i thought that was common knowledge

If you squeeze your stomach together with your hands and have an innie, your belly button sorta looks like a vagina! A very hairy one, for me.

SomewhereInTime72
09-14-2011, 12:16 PM
well thanks for making me try that...........:eyes:

Maiden33
09-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Riot - Immortal Soul = HOLY SHIT.

Granted I am what I guess you would call a Riot "fanboy" - but seriously this album is amazing. The band has picked up exactly where they left off with "The Privilege of Power" 20 years ago. I'm sure this won't really leak for quite a bit yet, but I advise ANY fan of traditional/speed metal on this board to check this out. You will not be disappointed.

xStructualDefect
09-14-2011, 07:30 PM
just listened to a few albums recently.

All Shall Perish: This Is Where It Ends - by far their best album. reminds me of Black Dahlia Murder a lot.

Suicide Silence: The Black Crown - i had low expectations after hearing Fuck Everything and You Only Live Once, but there's many great tracks on this. i don't understand why some fans didn't like it. They've improved massively as musicians with this album and it doesn't sound like random noise like a lot of their first 2 albums did.

Revocation: Chaos Of Forms - really no explanation needed. anyone who has listened to it already knows this album is amazing.

Black Dahlia Murder: Ritual - great album but it didn't stand out to me as much as it did to some people though. i should listen to it a few more times.

I plan on listening to the new Arch Enemy, Symphony X, and Trivium soon.

HandOfDoom
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
New Primus and Anthrax are pretty sweet.

brutal_descent
09-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Surprised the new Machine Head hasn't leaked yet. :eyes:

mankvill
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM
New Saviours is okay. They are much better when they're fast instead of slowing down and sludging it up, though.

New Vader ripped my head off. Gonna have to give it another listen to see if it does it again.

Have yet to listen to the new WITTR yet!

christopher
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Listen to Attention Deficit Domination goddammit!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWBrxoLmvk)

dcmetal108
09-15-2011, 12:05 PM
The new Blink 182 got leaked yesterday.

mastodon421
09-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Surprised the new Machine Head hasn't leaked yet. :eyes:

Me too. Hopefully it will soon, I am really curious to see how that record turns out.

christopher
09-15-2011, 01:58 PM
The new Blink 182 got leaked yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm listening to it now.

Edit: Hmm 9 songs down and only one of them is a completely Mark led song, Heart's All Gone. It feels like Tom is dominating this album too much

MPF
09-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm listening to it now.

Edit: Hmm 9 songs down and only one of them is a completely Mark led song, Heart's All Gone. It feels like Tom is dominating this album too much

I was going to check this out until you said that. Now my interest dwindled about 90%

christopher
09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
I was going to check this out until you said that. Now my interest dwindled about 90%

Well most of the songs Mark is on has Tom singing half of it. I have always liked it when they keep their songs separate. I'm on track 13 and Mark has three songs where its completely his, but only one of them is fast. I do enjoy the album as a whole, but Blink will never be the same band I fell in love with so many years ago :(

Dextrimental
09-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Well most of the songs Mark is on has Tom singing half of it. I have always liked it when they keep their songs separate. I'm on track 13 and Mark has three songs where its completely his, but only one of them is fast. I do enjoy the album as a whole, but Blink will never be the same band I fell in love with so many years ago :(

I know it sucks to say, but genuinely, I think Blink as a band, grew up. I've not given the record a full listen, but all the signs point to a band who just grew up, and as such lost all that fun and flair which made them what they were.

Indestructible
09-15-2011, 02:57 PM
STEMM's facebook page. Their album Cross Roads is avalible on their page in the song list for two weeks. https://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/STEMMBAND?sk=app_2405167945:D :D

christopher
09-15-2011, 03:06 PM
I know it sucks to say, but genuinely, I think Blink as a band, grew up. I've not given the record a full listen, but all the signs point to a band who just grew up, and as such lost all that fun and flair which made them what they were.

Its true. It feels like this album is +44 meets Angels and Airwaves.

Dextrimental
09-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Its true. It feels like this album is +44 meets Angels and Airwaves.

Precisely the feeling I got from the pre-released songs. I don't mind either band, but neither come close to vintage Blink-182. Sucks, but thinking about it, I'm not sure how anyone could've expected different.

Natrlhi
09-15-2011, 11:49 PM
New Primus...[is]...pretty sweet.
You're just figuring this out NOW?!?

MPF
09-15-2011, 11:55 PM
New Redemption is out. I will be listening to it tomorrow.

jhdeity
09-16-2011, 08:12 AM
What a great day this is turning out to be!

larvtard
09-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! Downloading now.

idrinkwine732
09-16-2011, 08:32 AM
:thelaw:

How hard is it for people to understand this shit?

Sanitarium78
09-16-2011, 08:38 AM
:thelaw:

How hard is it for people to understand this shit?

Understand what exactly? People post here all the time when a new album leaks.

300%_Density
09-16-2011, 09:21 AM
I was always under the assumption as long as there is no direct link its not a no no.

jhdeity
09-16-2011, 09:27 AM
I thought it was common knowledge that as long as you agree to buy the cd...

Ya know I didn't see any responses like this when The Final Frontier leaked. Hmmmm

Personally I own 3 copies of The Blackening and spent over $50 on that cd alone. I bought the release day copy, the Hallowed Be Thy name/Battery copy and I HAD to have the Deluxe Edition with the Burn My Eyes live tracks.

So yeah...

WHAT A GREAT FUCKING DAY FOR METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mankvill
09-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I'll give it a listen.

Don't really like Machine Head, but I liked The Blackening the most out of everything else. Hopefully they improve upon that formula.

Would also like From This Day Pt. 2

kommie
09-16-2011, 10:21 AM
*insert ravenheart comment on having it for X amount of time and not listening to it, and judging you for downloading it when all you have to do is wait 10 more days to legally buy it*

maidenpriest
09-16-2011, 11:16 AM
*insert ravenheart comment on having it for X amount of time and not listening to it, and judging you for downloading it when all you have to do is wait 10 more days to legally buy it*

christopher
09-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Precisely the feeling I got from the pre-released songs. I don't mind either band, but neither come close to vintage Blink-182. Sucks, but thinking about it, I'm not sure how anyone could've expected different.

Ok, I'm obsessed with Ghost on the Dance Floor. Such a great opening track imo

BlindGuardian93
09-16-2011, 11:35 AM
This album is orgasmic.:rocker: