PDA

View Full Version : 2011.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

treghet
07-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Tosin announced that the new Animals as Leaders album is done recording, and will be out in November. Yet another fucking incredible album that will fight to the death for my top-of-2011 list. :pissed:

Sweet! :D

DethMaiden
07-22-2011, 10:02 PM
This year is so good that I'm secretly hoping some stuff won't be great so I won't have to kick any more near-perfect albums out of my 10.

idrinkwine732
07-22-2011, 11:00 PM
This year is so good that I'm secretly hoping some stuff won't be great so I won't have to kick any more near-perfect albums out of my 10.

I was trying to think of where to put Disma today and I found myself thinking

"Where to put this...above Altar of Plagues?"

"No, that album's too good to be out of the top 3."

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 04:29 AM

This.

SomewhereInTime72
07-23-2011, 10:52 AM

Yeah, me too LOL.

daimonos
07-23-2011, 11:51 AM
The new Lock Up is fantastic. The new Decapitated is a little different, but it's growing on me.

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Scored an advance copy of Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony at Summer Slaughter yesterday. :D:D:D

I'll be spinning it all weekend.

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Scored an advance copy of Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony at Summer Slaughter yesterday. :D:D:D

Do you have any setlists from the show?

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Do you have any setlists from the show? I really want to know what Black Dahlia Murder,Darkest Hour,Dying Fetus, and Fleshgod Apocalypse played.

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Do you have any setlists from the show? I really want to know what Black Dahlia Murder,Darkest Hour,Dying Fetus, and Fleshgod Apocalypse played.

I'll try to piece them together right now. I know most of The Black Dahlia's, Dying Fetus, and Fleshgod.

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 12:40 PM
I'll try to piece them together right now. I know most of The Black Dahlia's, Dying Fetus, and Fleshgod.

Awesome! Thanks.

illuminatus917
07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
As awesome as this year is, it's still lacking that one metal album that just floors me.

christopher
07-23-2011, 11:27 PM

Oh awesome! I'll be looking for that online to download :D

idrinkwine732
07-23-2011, 11:39 PM
As awesome as this year is, it's still lacking that one metal album that just floors me.

That album is yet to be released.

DethMaiden
07-23-2011, 11:45 PM

Damn, I've had a few of that album, even if the album that's floored me the most happens to be a punk record.

idrinkwine732
07-23-2011, 11:47 PM
I only have two.

DethMaiden
07-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Honestly my top 9 right now (Fucked Up, WITTR, Altar of Plagues, Protest the Hero, SubRosa, Burzum, Liturgy, Vader, Deafheaven) have all kicked my ass as hard as anything did last year. And I have yet to hear the new ones from like a half dozen other bands that I fully expect to be nearly as good. 2011 is the best year for music of my life. Honestly.

illuminatus917
07-23-2011, 11:59 PM
I only have two.

I have one, but it's not a metal record.

WITTR,

This, Vektor, or Cormorant are the albums I consider most likely to be "that record," the most latter being the most likely.

idrinkwine732
07-24-2011, 09:23 AM
This, Vektor, or Cormorant are the albums I consider most likely to be "that record," the most latter being the most likely.

The correct answer.

EDIT: Expect to be hearing a new Cormorant song in August, with album details being released in the next week.

mastodon421
07-24-2011, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=DethMaiden;379007]Honestly my top 9 right now (Fucked Up, WITTR, Altar of Plagues, Protest the Hero, SubRosa, Burzum, Liturgy, Vader, Deafheaven) have all kicked my ass as hard as anything did last year. And I have yet to hear the new ones from like a half dozen other bands that I fully expect to be nearly as good. 2011 is the best year for music of my life Honestly.[QUOTE]

I completely agree. This year has been so fucking incredible. I honestly can't even believe it's only July and there so many amazing records out. There are still quite a few bands (Mastodon, Revocation, The Faceless, Landmine Marathon, Skeletonwitch,Fleshgod Apocalypse, and some others) that can potentially release top 10 material. I am going to feel bad omitting a lot of records from top 10 this year.

jd091
07-24-2011, 11:55 AM
You forgot Opeth and Mastodon, too...

OraclesofAgony
07-24-2011, 10:17 PM
So yeah, in case you didn't know, I fucking love Fleshgod Apocalypse.

Agony is :drool:

brutal_descent
07-24-2011, 10:22 PM
You forgot Opeth and Mastodon, too...

:fist:

NecroRob
07-24-2011, 10:22 PM
So yeah, in case you didn't know, I fucking love Fleshgod Apocalypse.

Agony is :drool:

Are they selling it at Summer Slaughter?

EDIT: nvm I just went back a couple of pages.

idrinkwine732
07-24-2011, 10:32 PM
dat new sleepmakeswaves

MPF
07-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Did I miss something or am I just finding out now that the new WITTR is out?

idrinkwine732
07-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Did I miss something or am I just finding out now that the new WITTR is out?

September 13th.

MPF
07-24-2011, 11:10 PM
September 13th.

That's what I had thought. But according TO Mastodon, he already heard it and it's a top 9 album of the year.

Is it just anticipation?

mastodon421
07-25-2011, 04:38 AM
That's what I had thought. But according TO Mastodon, he already heard it and it's a top 9 album of the year.

Is it just anticipation?

That was Brad, not me. I haven't listened to much WITTR at all.

larvtard
07-25-2011, 09:02 AM
This year has plenty of solid, if not great, releases, but nothing's floored me yet. Well, the Bloodiest album did catch me completely by surprise, but it's not even my #1.

Most albums don't really "floor" me though. I can't think of a single album that is perfect the whole way through. Even Black Future, my favorite album ever, is imperfect (for anyone curious, I am referring to the second half of "dark Nebula")

ShatteredFlame
07-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Giles Corey is perfect and unlike anything I've ever heard before. I don't even know what genre to place it in, it's like industrial/drone/shoegaze but where the acoustic guitar and other instruments like horns and orchestras are prominent.

Seriously guys buy this http://enemieslist.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24&zenid=40cfe9a74ea285d177d406f89a447e1d

BloodoftheKings
07-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Updated top 10

1. Devin Townsend - Deconstruction
2. Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
3. Devin Townsend - Ghost
4. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
5. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
6. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
7. Dropkick Murphys - Going Out in Style
8. Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
9. Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
10. Death Grips - Exmilitary

OraclesofAgony
07-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Might as well update mine after my Fleshgod Apocalypse weekend marathon.

1. Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony
2. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst the Ashes
3. Origin - Entity
4. Deicide - To Hell With God
5. Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
6. Septic Flesh - The Great Mass
7. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
8. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
9. Obscura - Omnivium
10. Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction

MPF
07-25-2011, 11:52 PM
I've been waiting 6 god damn years, but World Under Blood's Tactical is FINALLY out!

This better not suck!

OraclesofAgony
07-26-2011, 12:53 AM
I've been waiting 6 god damn years, but World Under Blood's Tactical is FINALLY out!

This better not suck!

Wow, 6 years? I had no idea. I only heard about this recently. I'll have to give it a listen.

MPF
07-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Wow, 6 years? I had no idea. I only heard about this recently. I'll have to give it a listen.

Yup, I've been waiting since I was a Sophomore in High School. Why it took this long to come out I'll never understand but it better be worth it.

I'd listen now, but I'm way too damn tired to try and enjoy it. so I'll wait till I wake up tomorrow.

DethMaiden
07-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Might as well update mine after my Fleshgod Apocalypse weekend marathon.

3. Origin - Entity
4. Deicide - To Hell With God
5. Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
6. Septic Flesh - The Great Mass
7. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
8. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
9. Obscura - Omnivium
10. Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction

Do you like death metal or something?

Natrlhi
07-26-2011, 07:04 AM
:lol: Funny, I was thinking basically the same thing.

powerslave_85
07-26-2011, 09:20 AM
It's almost August, and I still haven't found that one album that's head and shoulders above the rest. Still a few big releases yet to come, so I'm not panicking yet, but it's odd.

idrinkwine732
07-26-2011, 09:30 AM
It's almost August, and I still haven't found that one album that's head and shoulders above the rest. Still a few big releases yet to come, so I'm not panicking yet, but it's odd.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GOeKV892m2Y/TisJU7EsUKI/AAAAAAAABv8/uQqfR6PnuNo/s320/sleepmakeswaves-and-so-we-destroyed-everything-2011.jpg

DethMaiden
07-26-2011, 09:41 AM
^

Ahem.

powerslave_85
07-26-2011, 09:44 AM
State your case.

EDIT: to idrinkwine732

Brad: Probably the only one worthy of that statement so far, but I'm still hesitant to say it's #1.

Yet to hear:
Mastodon
WITTR
Wild Flag (if I had to guess what my #1 would be before even hearing it, it would probably be this :lol: )
Opeth

OraclesofAgony
07-26-2011, 03:30 PM

:tongue: I certainly do.

With new Mastodon, Opeth, and Warbringer on the horizon my top 10 will become a little more diverse.

BloodoftheKings
07-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Wu Tang's legendary weapons is pretty good. The best tracks are the ones with Ghostface.

OraclesofAgony
07-26-2011, 06:35 PM
I must admit that the new All Shall Perish is pretty good. As someone who despises almost all deathcore it really surprised me. I did not care for them live at Mayhem Fest though.

illuminatus917
07-26-2011, 10:04 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GOeKV892m2Y/TisJU7EsUKI/AAAAAAAABv8/uQqfR6PnuNo/s320/sleepmakeswaves-and-so-we-destroyed-everything-2011.jpg

That good huh.

King Slender
07-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Witch Mountain's South of Salem and *shels' Plains of the Purple Buffalo are quickly shooting up my list. Both are on Spotify for those with accounts.

larvtard
07-28-2011, 02:50 PM
This is somewhat related, so here's my mid-year top performances list:

1. Origin
2. Revocation
3. Wormrot
4. Witchaven
5. Tombs
6. Melechesh
7. Innumerable Forms
8. Inter Arma
9. The Sword
10. Kylesa

slapguitarer
07-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Current top 20 LPs
1. Protest the Hero – Scurrilous
2. The Seven Mile Journey – Notes for Synthesis
3. sleepmakeswaves - …and so we destroyed everything
4. Light Bearer - Lapsus
5. Grayceon – All We Destroy
6. Subrosa – No Help For The Mighty Ones
7. Fen – Epoch
8. Symphony X – Iconoclast
9. Moonsorrow - Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa
10. Red Fang – Murder the Mountains
11. Bloodiest – Descent
12. Unexpect – Fables of the Sleepless Empire
13. The Project Hate MCMXCIX – Bleeding The New Apocalypse
14. Devin Townsend Project – Deconstruction
15. Iron & Wine – Kiss Each Other Clean
16. Explosions In The Sky – Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
17. Autopsy – Macabre Eternal
18. Long Distance Calling – Long Distance Calling
19. Battles – Glass Drop
20. Wood of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason

NecroRob
07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
The new Fleshgod is blowing me away. If you like death metal even in the slightest do yourself a favor and listen to this album ASAP.

OraclesofAgony
07-29-2011, 03:00 PM
The new Fleshgod is blowing me away. If you like death metal even in the slightest do yourself a favor and listen to this album ASAP.

:horns:

mastodon421
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM

I agree, it's fucking amazing. Top 5 material for me (as of right now) for sure.

treghet
07-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Listening to the new Fleshgod Apocalypse... can't say I really like this. The orchestral elements are just too prominent for me to enjoy the riffs behind them. I think Oracles was a lot better.

OraclesofAgony
07-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Listening to the new Fleshgod Apocalypse... can't say I really like this. The orchestral elements are just too prominent for me to enjoy the riffs behind them. I think Oracles was a lot better.

Yeah I can understand people not being able to get into it because of the heavy symphonics. I like it a lot though. I would say Oracles is better overall. But I love Agony and the Mafia EP too.

mastodon421
07-30-2011, 04:37 AM
Agony is definitely my favorite Fleshgod record. Oracles and Mafia are great too, it's just that Agony really blew away from start to finish. It's just such an epic-sounding record.

w00tasaurus
07-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Agony is great, but I feel like it will get more uninteresting upon further listening rather than growing on me any.

On a side note, I am just listening to Ghost's Opus Eponymous for the first time even though it came out in 2010 and I am loving it :)

jd091
07-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Agony is great, but I feel like it will get more uninteresting upon further listening rather than growing on me any.

On a side note, I am just listening to Ghost's Opus Eponymous for the first time even though it came out in 2010 and I am loving it :)

LUUUUUUUCIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRR

WEEEEEE ARRREE HEEEEEEERREEE

FOR YOUUUR PRAAAAAAISE

EEEEVIL OOOOOOONES

:lovedup:

And yeah, I gots to search for a torrent for the new Fleshgod. You guys keep ejaculating over your keyboards about it, so it must be good, right?

larvtard
07-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Finally came up with my mid-year 2011 list!

------------------

1, Trap Them - Darker Handcraft
Crusty grindcore with Dismember/Entombed riffage and a rock n' roll mentality.

2. Deicide - To Hell With God
Wow, I did not expect to like this. Straightfoward death metal from Deicide, but the songwriting is out of this world. Catchy as fuck.

3. Owen Hart - Earth Control
This album is kinda hard to classify, but I'd say Cephalic Carnage meets Converge meets Pig Destroyer. But that doesn't really begin to describe their sound at all.

4. Bloodiest - Descent
I was reading a Stephen King book last night while listening to this and it was oh so fitting. I guess the simple description for this is doom, but it goes so beyond that.

5. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
I've never liked TBDM before this but this album is really good. Well, tracks 1 and 2 are. After that there are some good ones, some shitty ones, and some in-between ones. But the strength of tracks 1 and 2 are enough to earn this a #5 spot.

6. American Heritage - Sedentary
Reminds me of Leviathan-era Mastodon but with a hardcore punk urgency/energy.

7. Panzerchrist - Regiment Ragnarock
Great blackened death metal with some killer songwriting. Quite a few of these songs are pretty catchy, lots of epic melodies to go around here/

8. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst The Ashes
Aren't these guys considered brutal death metal? Doesn't sound that way to me. Anyways, this is just some straightforward death metal, but with extremely top-notch songwriting. It's technical, brutal, melodic, and old-school. Reminds me of the new Deicide album but the actual death metal is better on this one.

9. Origin - Entity
I've never considered myself a tech-death fan, and I've never really liked Origin either. Antithesis surprised me, but this one is way better. This is the kind of album that makes me reconsider whether I really hate tech-death.

10. Tombs - Path of Totality
Most people classify these guys as blackened sludge, as they are just so hard to classify. Howeveeer, Mike Hill recently admitted in an interview that he doesn't even agree with the sludge term (they have a lot of blastbeats). So, I dunno. It's really good, though!

11. Bones - Bones
Now for an even more unknown band! This group from Chicago plays crusty death metal that feels really fresh and unique. Most of the time they lean more to the punky spectrum than the brutal one, but they are definitely heavy as shit.

12. Assaulter - Boundless!
Blackened thrash from Australia. The fact that they are a blackened thrash group from Australia should tell you more about their sound than does the fact they have ex-members from Destroyer 666, but yes, they do sound somewhat like Destroyer 666. Some catchy stuff on here.

13. Neuraxis - Asylon
This album was probably the first tech-death album that I really enjoyed (Entity came afterwards). Tracks 1 and 2 are great, everything after that is inferior but still solid.

14. Requiem - Within Darkened Disorder
Death metal group from Switzerland. Ever wondered what Swiss death metal sounds like? Well, Requiem sound like Florida death metal. Yup, this is just OSDM, but it's insanely killer OSDM.

15. Crucified Mortals - Crucified Mortals
Haven't listened to this one in a while, but I know that they have ex-members of Nunslaughter and they play thrash. And it must've been good or something, cuz' it's on this list after all these months.

1. bloodiest
2. trap them
3. assaulter
4. deicide
5. owen hart
6. hate eternal
7. origin
8. american heritage
9. tombs
10. panzerchrist

I had to knock out TBDM because I didn't think it was fair to keep that album in the top ten because of two songs (A Shrine to Madness and Moonlight Equilibrium). The rest of the album is just okay.

GarageMetal468
07-30-2011, 08:50 AM
The new Fleshgod is good, especially instrumental wise. The keys/orchestral stuff fits in great but I'm not gonna lie, the clean vocals get really annoying after a while to me. I loved them on Thru Our Scars on the Mafia EP but they get repeated a lot on Agony and it gets old after awhile. Then again, I've only listened to it once so maybe my opinion will change after a few more listens.

mastodon421
07-30-2011, 09:06 AM
My Current Top 20:
1.The Black Dahlia Murder-Ritual
2.Protest The Hero-Scurrilous
3.Arch Enemy-Khaos Legions
4.Unearth-Darkness In The Light
5.Fleshgod Apocalypse-Agony
6.Born Of Osiris-The Discovery
7.All Shall Perish-This Is Where It Ends
8.Times Of Grace-The Hymn Of A Broken Man
9.Darkest Hour-The Human Romance
10.Foo Fighters-Wasting Light
11.Obscura-Omnivium
12.Devin Townsend Project-Deconstruction
13.August Burns Red-Leveler
14.Grieves-Together/Apart
15.Last Chance To Reason-Level 2
16.Septic Flesh-The Great Mass
17.Beastie Boys-Hot Sauce Commitee Part 2
18.Children Of Bodom-Relentless Reckless Forever
19.Decapitated-Carnival Is Forever
20.Arsonists Get All The Girls-Motherland

larvtard
07-30-2011, 02:33 PM
meh. that Fleshgod album's just too hard to swallow. I'm not a fan of brutal death metal to begin with, but when you add the symphonic, orchestral elements it becomes too much. The clean vocals certainly don't help their case, either.

300%_Density
07-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Holy shit. I am 6/10 through listening to new Toxic Holocaust. To this point I have my album of the year atleast up to this point. There is not one song atleast out of the first 6 I want to skip over. Blows everything they've done out of the water IMO. Need to see them again. Saw them open up for Napalm Death over 2 years ago. Too long to wait.

Hope to get to Fleshgod album here in the next few days. I've never heard them at all but since I knew they were playing w/ Dying Fetus in Tulsa in 3 weeks or so I am curious and I've heard good things about them on here as well.

300%_Density
07-31-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm too excited not to post again about new Toxic Holocaust. I haven't found an album I can listen to 1-10 and not skip a song and Toxic Holocaust has made that album IMO. Just thrasy as fuck, I don't know what else to even say. Not a real long album, 10 songs, 32 minutes longest song is 4:32. Not sure if every one feels the same about this album but I think I found my album of the year at the end of July.

treghet
07-31-2011, 04:19 AM
Finally got around to listening to the new Touché Amoré album. It's AWESOME! :D

larvtard
07-31-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm too excited not to post again about new Toxic Holocaust. I haven't found an album I can listen to 1-10 and not skip a song and Toxic Holocaust has made that album IMO. Just thrasy as fuck, I don't know what else to even say. Not a real long album, 10 songs, 32 minutes longest song is 4:32. Not sure if every one feels the same about this album but I think I found my album of the year at the end of July.

I thought it was solid, but not extraordinary.

mastodon421
07-31-2011, 09:25 AM
I felt the exact opposite about the new Toxic Holocaust. I think it's easily their worst effort to date. There were a decent amount of subpar songs (The Liars Are Burning, I Am Disease, Red Winter,Sound The Charge). I did enjoy the record for the most part, but I skip over those 4 songs everyime.

BloodoftheKings
07-31-2011, 01:44 PM
I enjoyed the new Toxic Holocaust, the only song that bothered me was I Am Disease. It feels like it goes on forever.

treghet
07-31-2011, 01:51 PM
I enjoyed the new Toxic Holocaust, the only song that bothered me was I Am Disease. It feels like it goes on forever.

I felt the same way.

hb420
07-31-2011, 06:49 PM
the new flourishing and caina records are really great.

jd091
07-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Finally got around to listening to the new Touché Amoré album. It's AWESOME! :D

Yeah, its pretty good. I don't know if its top 10 for me, but its up there.

christopher
07-31-2011, 08:04 PM

I absolutely love the new TH album. I just can't stand I am Disease. It needs to be erased from the universe. I think the new TH album kicks ass, but its nothing unique. It reminds me of Faith is in Season by Master because its the same way. Completely kick ass all the way through, but nothing spectacular. You should check that album out sometime if you haven't heard it.

Rocco44
08-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Ancestor's Invisible White is an enjoyable ep.

OraclesofAgony
08-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Wow, the new Cannabis Corpse is really good. I did not know that this band was that good.

King Slender
08-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Finally got around to listening to BDM's Ritual and I must say that it kicks ass. :rocker:

jhdeity
08-04-2011, 09:03 AM
I always like mixing it up with a little reggae in the summertime. While neither album is great or would come highly recommended new Skindred and Sublime with Rome both have their moments.

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 09:06 AM
I always like mixing it up with a little reggae in the summertime.Yeah, me too. What is it about winter that makes reggae feel like you're doing it wrong? :lol:

jhdeity
08-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah, me too. What is it about winter that makes reggae feel like you're doing it wrong? :lol:

It's s state of mind thing I think. I even saw the Sublime tribute band Badfish in November and even though they were great when I left I had to throw heavy shit in for the cold ride home to get my head right. hahaha

DethMaiden
08-04-2011, 10:31 PM
I have to get on listening to the rest of the Avichi record. It's poised to bust into my top ten for sure. I think that, Rwake, Landmine Marathon, and Redemption will end up posing the greatest threat to the bottom part of my top ten. And then I'm sure I have yet to even know about some completely sick black metal that will make a run. Bottomless genre right now as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Oh, and the new Barn Owl. Nobody does electronics-heavy post-rock better. Some of you post-rock nuts on here would go apeshit for them if you don't already know 'em.

jd091
08-05-2011, 11:16 AM
A rough update of my top 10. If there's anything you guys think I'd like, or recommend, shout it out. This list is changing every day.

1. Origin
2. Obscura
3. Wormrot
4. Unearth (really growing on me)
5. All Shall Perish
6. Anaal Nathrakh
7. Tesseract
8. Touche Amore
9. Black Dahlia Murder
10. Scale the Summit

Contenders: Sleepmakeswaves, Trap Them, Arch Enemy, Human Abstract, Krallice, Tombs.

idrinkwine732
08-05-2011, 12:09 PM
EDIT: Oh, and the new Barn Owl. Nobody does electronics-heavy post-rock better. Some of you post-rock nuts on here would go apeshit for them if you don't already know 'em.

What's the name of that album?

I can't find it anywhere.

DethMaiden
08-05-2011, 12:11 PM
What's the name of that album?

I can't find it anywhere.

The forthcoming one is called Lost in the Glare, it'll be on Thrill Jockey. I stupidly left a physical advance copy I had but didn't have the chance to listen to in London. :bouville:

illuminatus917
08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Are they similar to 65dos?

DethMaiden
08-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Are they similar to 65dos?

A bit, but they're more sort of meandering and formless and ambient whereas 65dos are pretty straight-up crescendo-y post-rock that happens to have some electronics IMO. Compare Barn Owl more to Romance of Young Tigers, Belong, Growing, Blanck Mass, and the more subdued stuff from Fuck Buttons.

EDIT: And apparently people are calling Barn Owl drone. Dunno, don't listen to much drone.

mankvill
08-05-2011, 02:42 PM
post-rock fags get out

Cemetery Rapists' new shit will fucking dominate

orlandodavis
08-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Cannabis Corpse's new album is really great. They blend old school death metal with some fantastic melodic riffs(especially tracks 5 and 6) that will please.

w00tasaurus
08-08-2011, 06:44 AM
new Vader may have taken my #1 spot after the first listen, although I've always had a soft spot for them (especially piotr's vocals). in comparison, when listened to next to Welcome to the Morbid Reich, albums that I thought were great such as Carnival is Forever seem uninteresting.

masterguy49
08-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Holy shit, the new Fucked Up is amazing. Whoever said to listen to it.... thank you :D

DethMaiden
08-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Holy shit, the new Fucked Up is amazing. Whoever said to listen to it.... thank you :D

:cool:

MPF
08-08-2011, 11:04 AM
The new Vader is out. I'll be checking it out soon.

masterguy49
08-08-2011, 12:21 PM
:cool:

Yeah, thanks :D

Seriously this is definitely one of the best albums of the year so far and probably one of the first punk albums I love.

DethMaiden
08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I have a hard time believing it'll get dethroned for me. Maybe after I get through 20+ listens of the WITTR it could slide up a spot, or if the whole new Rwake is as good as "It Was Beautiful, But Now It's Sour" that could do it, but it seems untouchable to me at the moment.

MPF
08-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Adrenaline Mob's EP is streaming right now. I'll check it out when I'm done watching Matt Barlow's last show with Iced Earth on youtube.

http://adrenalinemob.com/music/

treghet
08-08-2011, 06:29 PM
So apparently the new Vader has leaked. Can't listen to it right now though...

jd091
08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
So apparently the new Vader has leaked. Can't listen to it right now though...

Just d/l'ed it. And it is epic. :rocker:

larvtard
08-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Just d/l'ed it. And it is epic. :rocker:

Same. Pretty damn solid death metal. The solos are the best part, though :rocker:

illuminatus917
08-08-2011, 07:11 PM
This is quite the year for death metal. Too bad I don't dig it as much as I used to.

jd091
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Same. Pretty damn solid death metal. The solos are the best part, though :rocker:

Yeah, these solos are fantastic! Can't wait to see them live again... :drool:

larvtard
08-08-2011, 07:38 PM
This is quite the year for death metal. Too bad I don't dig it as much as I used to.

So then how would you know that it's quite the year for death metal?

jd091
08-08-2011, 08:08 PM
So then how would you know that it's quite the year for death metal?

Because everybody here masturbates all over this board about the latest and greatest death metal, that's how

treghet
08-08-2011, 08:46 PM
The new Vader is out. I'll be checking it out soon.

Didn't see this. Oops.

Because everybody here masturbates all over this board about the latest and greatest death metal, that's how

Yes. :D

illuminatus917
08-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Correct, and I'm not condemning it or anything. I've heard some excellent death metal material this year. It just doesn't grab me like it used to unless there's something different about it, or unless it presents something beyond what standardly comes with death metal, which I guess is why Doom of the Occult is my favorite DM album of 2011 so far.

DethMaiden
08-09-2011, 06:54 AM
I'm basically in illuminatus' shoes when it comes to new DM. Doesn't really grab me. That being said, the new Vader grabs me by the goddamn neck and doesn't let go, ever. :D

OraclesofAgony
08-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Been listening to the new Revocation all day. There are some really tasty curveballs on this record. That funky riff/bass line in "Harlot", that horn section and organ/keys in "The Watchers". It's just awesome all around.

MPF
08-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Been listening to the new Revocation all day. There are some really tasty curveballs on this record. That funky riff/bass line in "Harlot", that horn section and organ/keys in "The Watchers". It's just awesome all around.

If Revocation isn't in everyone's top 10, or higher, they are fucked up!

This album is absolutely incredible.

mastodon421
08-10-2011, 04:23 AM
If Revocation isn't in everyone's top 10, or higher, they are fucked up!

This album is absolutely incredible.

It's currently number 3 on my list. It might even move up to 2 upon second listen. It's completely fucking amazing.

jd091
08-10-2011, 05:26 AM
When's the new Revo supposed to be released? I'd rather download it and listen to it on the go rather than stream it.

mastodon421
08-10-2011, 05:31 AM
When's the new Revo supposed to be released? I'd rather download it and listen to it on the go rather than stream it.

This Tuesday. I don't know if it has leaked yet and even if it has, there won't be a good quality leak until next week.

larvtard
08-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Right now, I dunno where I'd put it. I still need to listen to it more.

DethMaiden
08-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I'll stream it today. Didn't think Existence Is Futile was very good as hard as I tried to like it, so we'll see.

larvtard
08-10-2011, 08:02 AM
where is the horns section in "The Watchers"? I can't hear/find it...

w00tasaurus
08-10-2011, 08:08 AM
where is the horns section in "The Watchers"? I can't hear/find it...

same.

mastodon421
08-10-2011, 09:15 AM
same.

Really? It's around the three-minute mark and it's pretty prominent:eyes:

w00tasaurus
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Really? It's around the three-minute mark and it's pretty prominent:eyes:

oh wow, so it is :-p

BloodoftheKings
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
I just finished listening to the new Trivium album and i'm not impressed. 3 of the tracks, A Skyline's Severance, A Grey So Dark, and Of All These Yesterdays didn't work. Unless anyone thinks these are the best tracks on the album I don't think i'll bother listening to them.

ChildrenofSodom
08-10-2011, 10:52 AM
But I love the new Vader and Burzum. I'm also digging Becoming the Archetype, In Flames, Darkest Hour, and Powerwolf. I'm just now really getting into black metal, and this has been a good year for that.

I've only heard a few songs from these, but I fully expect them to be on my year end list: BTBAM, Protest the Hero, Evergrey, and Thomas Giles. And I still need to hear the new Earth, Ralf Scheepers, Before the Dawn, Grave Digger, Amon Amarth, Obscura, Ulver, Krallice, Novembers Doom, Altar of Plagues, MaYan, Falconer, and Unearth. (If you got the digital hook up, let me know...)

For the rest of the year, I'm most excited for WITTR, 3, Opeth, Redemption, Mastodon, and Insomnium.

ChildrenofSodom
08-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Forgot: I'm also digging Demonaz. And I need to hear the new Falkenbach and Ogen.

MPF
08-10-2011, 12:43 PM
This Tuesday. I don't know if it has leaked yet and even if it has, there won't be a good quality leak until next week.

I have the 320 leak. It's fucking awesome.

MPF
08-10-2011, 01:18 PM
The new Chimaira is out.

I'm not a fan of the band but I know a lot of people here are. So I'd give you a heads up.

OraclesofAgony
08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Update after Revocation:

3. Revocation - Chaos of Forms
4. Origin - Entity
5. Deicide - To Hell With God
6. Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
7. Septic Flesh - The Great Mass
8. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
9. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
10. Obscura - Omnivium

jd091
08-10-2011, 04:46 PM
The new Chimaira is out.

I'm not a fan of the band but I know a lot of people here are. So I'd give you a heads up.

Sweeeet. Thanks for the heads up.

larvtard
08-12-2011, 09:09 PM
1. bloodiest
2. trap them
3. assaulter
4. deicide
5. owen hart
6. hate eternal
7. origin
8. american heritage
9. tombs
10. panzerchrist

It took me a while to warm up to the new Revocation, but now that I'm digging it, I'm confident to say that it's my #1 pick now :party:

So my list probably looks like this now:

1. Revocation
2. bloodiest
3. trap them
4. assaulter
5. deicide
6. owen hart
7. hate eternal
8. origin
9. american heritage
10. tombs

OraclesofAgony
08-12-2011, 09:13 PM
It took me a while to warm up to the new Revocation, but now that I'm digging it, I'm confident to say that it's my #1 pick now :party:

So my list probably looks like this now:

1. Revocation
2. bloodiest
3. trap them
4. assaulter
5. deicide
6. owen hart
7. hate eternal
8. origin
9. american heritage
10. tombs

:horns:

I have it at 3 right now but I'd probably even move it up another notch to #2. It's too damn good.

hb420
08-12-2011, 10:52 PM
People need to stop sleeping on Morne and Flourishing really amazing stuff!!

DethMaiden
08-12-2011, 10:54 PM
People need to stop sleeping on Morne and Flourishing really amazing stuff!!

Flourishing was pretty damn good but not quite top 10 material for me. Need to get on the Morne.

Speaking of sleeping, most of you motherfuckers still haven't heard the new Fucked Up. :hmm:

hb420
08-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Flourishing was pretty damn good but not quite top 10 material for me. Need to get on the Morne.

Speaking of sleeping, most of you motherfuckers still haven't heard the new Fucked Up. :hmm:

DO IT! lol I'm pretty sure you would like it. Progressive Post/Sludge the Neur-Isis sound done a totally unique way.

treghet
08-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Halfway through the new Vader album... God damn this is fucking awesome. Blows the last album out of the water. Can't wait to buy it! :rocker:

Edit: Now listening to the new Revocation. There are a few songs that are really awesome, but a few that are meh.

ShatteredFlame
08-13-2011, 07:26 PM
new All Pigs Must Die has leaked

larvtard
08-13-2011, 07:41 PM
DO IT! lol I'm pretty sure you would like it. Progressive Post/Sludge the Neur-Isis sound done a totally unique way.

Um...they're crust :lol:

jd091
08-13-2011, 08:13 PM
new All Pigs Must Die has leaked

Can you pm me? I've been looking for it for a while.

ShatteredFlame
08-13-2011, 08:34 PM
done

llama lom
08-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Just listened to the new Vader. :rocker:

jd091
08-13-2011, 10:35 PM
So "Jason... The Dragon" came out this year? Definitely in my top 10, then. I'm finally getting way into Weedeater. I love how unique the vocals are for stoner rock. Very glad I'm deciding to get into them before they're coming near me. Damn you, Agalloch. :bouville:

And also: I don't know if anyone here has heard Turbid North, but if you haven't, you should. It's like the bastard child of The Black Dahlia Murder with Mastodon, who was fostered by Baroness and black metal. It's unique, and they definitely pull it off well. Probably another top 10 for me.

Big changes now:

1. Unearth
2. Black Dahlia Murder
3. Origin
4. Wormrot
5. Trap Them
6. Turbid North
7. Tesseract
8. Weedeater
9. Vader
10. Scale the Summit

Up next to listen: new Revocation and new All Pigs Must Die. Have a terrible feeling both will be on this list, knocking others off. I might just need to do a top 20 this year. :(

DethMaiden
08-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Here's a question: Is there a great traditional heavy metal album yet this year? With no Slough Feg record due out I'm kind of directionless.

IrritatedTrout
08-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Here's a question: Is there a great traditional heavy metal album yet this year? With no Slough Feg record due out I'm kind of directionless.

New Motorhead is pretty good.

ShatteredFlame
08-15-2011, 05:12 PM

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2010s&genre_include=1&genres=heavy+metal&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

You could try looking here

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2011, 05:52 PM

I've heard good things about Hell's Human Remains but that's about it.

MPF
08-15-2011, 06:17 PM
I've heard good things about Hell's Human Remains but that's about it.

Fantastic Album!

I highly recommend it.

jhdeity
08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
CHIMAIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes it's timing and what you're into at the moment but new Chimaira blew me away at 1st listen. Some people hate clean vocal parts but when done right it makes the heavy vocals and riffs sound so much better. So glad they're back! Jumps right over new Unearth for me with just 1 listen...

jd091
08-16-2011, 08:30 AM
CHIMAIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes it's timing and what you're into at the moment but new Chimaira blew me away at 1st listen. Some people hate clean vocal parts but when done right it makes the heavy vocals and riffs sound so much better. So glad they're back! Jumps right over new Unearth for me with just 1 listen...

...really? I thought it was incredibly average, especially compared to The Infection.

New Revocation is blowing my socks off right now. :eek:

mastodon421
08-16-2011, 08:34 AM
I disagree with both of you on the new Chimaria. It's defintely not amazing, but it's a lot better than The Infection. It's a pretty good record overall, I dug it a lot more than I expected to.

OraclesofAgony
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
For anyone who dares to listen to Design the Skyline, you have more courage than I do.

jd091
08-16-2011, 06:24 PM
For anyone who dares to listen to Design the Skyline, you have more courage than I do.

I love this picture so much.

http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2011/06/design_the_skyline.jpg

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 06:25 PM

I saw a picture of the band and decided I will avoid their music.

jd091
08-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Also this site carries Anti-DTS merch:

http://dtsblows.storenvy.com/

:lol:

https://dpegb9ebondhq.cloudfront.net/product_photos/263352/AbortionWhite_large.png

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
If they're worthy of having an online store that sells shirts about how they suck I think I need to hear them.

jd091
08-16-2011, 06:35 PM
If they're worthy of having an online store that sells shirts about how they suck I think I need to hear them.

YouTube them and watch the first music video that comes up. It is fucking hilarious.

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 06:40 PM
YouTube them and watch the first music video that comes up. It is fucking hilarious.

I just watched it. These guys might be worse then brokencyde, and they're such babies they don't even allow people to post bad comments.

jd091
08-16-2011, 06:44 PM
I just watched it. These guys might be worse then brokencyde, and they're such babies they don't even allow people to post bad comments.

It's like 90/10% thumbs down versus thumbs up. :lol:

MPF
08-16-2011, 06:48 PM
In speaking of Shit, the new Black Tide is out. I have to check it out for my radio show. Hopefully I won't have to play any. I haven't heard it yet, but I know I'm going to be disappointed.

jd091
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
In speaking of Shit, the new Black Tide is out. I have to check it out for my radio show. Hopefully I won't have to play any. I haven't heard it yet, but I know I'm going to be disappointed.

That band still exists?!

MPF
08-16-2011, 07:37 PM
That band still exists?!

You of all people I would have thought have been keeping tabs on these guys. These guys sound like it will be right up your alley with some of your tastes. :tongue:

I personally think it sucks, but I gotta listen to the whole thing in case there is one good song on it.

AnataFan4Life
08-16-2011, 07:38 PM

The album art doesn't look promising

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Black-Tide-Post-Mortem-Artwork.jpg

:barf:

jd091
08-16-2011, 07:45 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Black-Tide-Post-Mortem-Artwork.jpg

Korn called, they want their album back. And Chimaira left a voicemail about some logo infringement or something? I don't know.

You of all people I would have thought have been keeping tabs on these guys. These guys sound like it will be right up your alley with some of your tastes. :tongue:

I personally think it sucks, but I gotta listen to the whole thing in case there is one good song on it.

They're just shitty neo-thrash, amirite? Not my style. Not brootal enough. :tongue:

MPF
08-16-2011, 07:46 PM

The music matches the artwork.

It's Emo Bullet For My Valentine meets Emo All That Remains with some Avenged Sevenfold solos.

Korn called, they want their album back. And Chimaira left a voicemail about some logo infringement or something? I don't know.

They're just shitty neo-thrash, amirite? Not my style. Not brootal enough. :tongue:

Read Above.

They used to be, now they turned into their album artwork.

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 07:46 PM
The first Black Tide album and the new one are different bands. How do you go from a sort of traditional heavy metal band to an emo metalcore band? And they were never neo-thrash.

AnataFan4Life
08-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Their first album was a solid 80's throwback metal album, but from what i've seen they've sold out to the scene crowd and are playing metalcore now.

jd091
08-16-2011, 07:55 PM
(Streaming "That Fire")

HOLY SHIT, they're not even good metalcore! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT I'M LISTENING TO? FUCK THE WHAT?!

No breakdowns = I'm not interested. :cool:
No screams = I'm not interested
Sounding like a shitty BFMV clone... fuck these radio rock sellout fags.

AnataFan4Life
08-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Just listened to that song...

KILL IT. NOW.

IrritatedTrout
08-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Saw them open for Maiden twice back in April. They're a bullshit band and the crowds treated them as such.

Dextrimental
08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Black Tide started when they were 14, obviously they were going to radically change musically. Its a pity as they are incredibly talented for their age, but this was pretty inevitable if you ask me.

MPF
08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Just listened to the whole thing...

...DELETE!

AnataFan4Life
08-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Just listened to the whole thing...

...DELETE!

You brave soul...

MPF
08-16-2011, 10:08 PM
You brave soul...

When you gotta listen to Rock And Metal, sometimes you have to go through a lot of shit.

illuminatus917
08-16-2011, 10:22 PM
No breakdowns = I'm not interested. :cool:

Thanks for letting me know. Now I might listen to it.

;)

MPF
08-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Now I might listen to it.

;)

:D

masterguy49
08-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah I saw them open for Maiden, honestly one of the worst live bands I've ever seen and the crowd fucking despised them :lol:

moobys37
08-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Top 10 as of 8/18/11

1. SubRosa - No Help For The Mighty Ones
2. Loss- Despond
3. 40 Watt Sun- The Inside Room
4. Embers- Shadows
5. Morne- Asylum
6. Primordial- Redemption At The Puritans Hand
7. Altar of Plagues- Mammal
8. Deafheaven- Roads to Judah
9. Amorphis- The Beginning of Times
10. Mogwai- Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

DethMaiden
08-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Top 10 as of 8/18/11

1. SubRosa - No Help For The Mighty Ones
2. Loss- Despond
3. 40 Watt Sun- The Inside Room
4. Embers- Shadows
5. Morne- Asylum
6. Primordial- Redemption At The Puritans Hand
7. Altar of Plagues- Mammal
8. Deafheaven- Roads to Judah
9. Amorphis- The Beginning of Times
10. Mogwai- Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

I really like this guy.

xStructualDefect
08-18-2011, 12:34 AM
My computer hasn't been working for a few months now so I haven't had the chance to check out some recent albums I've been wanting to check out. Can anyone tell me a quick review of any of the following albums?

Black Dahlia Murder
Symphony X
Arch Enemy
Trivium
All Shall Perish
Suicide Silence
Revocation
Unearth

SomewhereInTime72
08-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Black Dahlia Murder

Symphony X

Arch Enemy

Seems popular among their fans, but not being one myself, I was rather unamused when I gave it a shot.

Very very good, better than PL.

Also extremely good (better than expected) and much better than Rise of the Tyrant. Both this and the SX album are high contenders for my own top 10.

The rest I haven't heard.

treghet
08-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Black Dahlia Murder - GREAT
Arch Enemy - GOOD
All Shall Perish - GOOD
Suicide Silence - TERRIBLE
Revocation - GREAT
Unearth- GOOD

The ratings I've given are based on opinions I've read, not necessarily mine.

MPF
08-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Black Dahlia Murder- Slower then their previous albums, but just as badass.

Symphony X- What Paradise Lost should have been.

Trivium- Better The Shogun and The Crusade, about par with Ascendancy.

Revocation- Best Damn Thrash Album of 2011. and top 5 album of the year.

Unearth- Best work since The Oncoming Storm.

Hope that somewhat helps.

OraclesofAgony
08-18-2011, 01:10 AM
My computer hasn't been working for a few months now so I haven't had the chance to check out some recent albums I've been wanting to check out. Can anyone tell me a quick review of any of the following albums?

Black Dahlia Murder
Symphony X
Arch Enemy
Trivium
All Shall Perish
Suicide Silence
Revocation
Unearth

Those two are currently in my Top 10 (Revocation is #3 for me). Really great albums.

Akumu
08-18-2011, 01:41 AM

Symphony X

It's fantastic. Check it out when you can.

Dextrimental
08-18-2011, 02:16 AM
In Waves review will be up tonight. It really disappointed me. Weak record altogether.

mastodon421
08-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Black Dahlia Murder: My current album of the year. Completely amazing.
Arch Enemy: In my current top 5, it's among their best work for sure
All Shall Perish: Best record they have ever done. The guitarwork is insane. The most polished, mature All Shall Perish record to date. Currently in my top 10.
Suicide Silence: Meh. The vocals got worse, but the instruments have improved.
Revocation: Mind-blowing shit. David Davidson proves why MetalSucks gave the best modern guitarist award. I have to give it one more listen, but I am pretty sure this is my 2nd favorite album of the year.
Unearth: Awesome record, also in my top 5. Takes the best elements of the past 3 Unearth records and put them together.

My views on the records that I've heard out of that bunch. Hope that helps.

jd091
08-18-2011, 05:26 AM
In Waves review will be up tonight. It really disappointed me. Weak record altogether.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEN WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

powerslave_85
08-18-2011, 07:15 AM
September and October are going to be insane. There are at least 5 albums coming out in that span that have a legit chance at being my AOTY. I'm pretty sure at least 50% of my top 10 is going to be coming out in the next two months :lol:

King Slender
08-18-2011, 10:29 AM
White Arms of Athena's debut Astrodrama is really fucking good. Recommended for fans of BTBAM.

Available on Spotify or stream it here: http://www.hailsandhorns.com/featured/full-album-stream-white-arms-of-athena-astrodrama/

IrritatedTrout
08-18-2011, 10:55 AM
September and October are going to be insane.

Same here. 4 new albums I'm interested in are coming out in September and 3 of them are coming out on the same day (Anthrax, Alice Cooper, Primus).

idrinkwine732
08-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Cormorant, Vektor and Mastodon are really all I'm excited for anymore. I know Cormorant is already the album of the year, having heard most of it, but Vektor and Mastodon are both up in the air. I trust in Vektor to kill it, but Mastodon could go wrong. I still believe though.

larvtard
08-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Looking forward to Vektor, Mastodon, Brutal Truth, Landmine Marathon, and Machine Head.

MPF
08-18-2011, 01:11 PM
New Edguy, and ICS Vortex leaked today, I will be checking out both soon.

xStructualDefect
08-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys for the quick reviews. Yeah I really need to hear all those albums. I think I'm most stoked for Revocations new album considering that I've only read very positive reviews and plus I'm seeing them in Oct.

ShatteredFlame
08-18-2011, 05:16 PM
PRIMUS LEAKED!!!! :party:

IrritatedTrout
08-18-2011, 06:53 PM
PRIMUS LEAKED!!!! :party:

How is it?

Dextrimental
08-18-2011, 08:31 PM

Don't even get me started!

It has some incredible moments, but overall it treads serious water for the band in my opinion....!

ShatteredFlame
08-18-2011, 08:47 PM
How is it?

I'm on my 3rd listen and it's incredible. I'm still taking it in but I can confidently say that it is one of their best crafted album. The production is great and there is a nice variety of a whole lot of styles. "Jilly's On Smack" and "Last Salmon Man" may very well be two of the best songs they have written.

slapguitarer
08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
It has some incredible moments,

:confused:

Dextrimental
08-18-2011, 10:38 PM
:confused:

The song 'From All These Yesterdays', the mid section after the solo in 'Dusk Dismantled', the pre-chorus in 'Inception of the End', outro in 'A Gray So Dark', mid-section in 'In Waves'.

These are all moments that for me, as a fan of Trivium since their splash into the big time with Ascendancy, really impressed me. Are they all re-inventing the wheel? No, but not every band needs to do that. These are simply great moments where I actually felt Trivium did something dam near perfect. However, these are few and far between.

Maiden33
08-19-2011, 07:02 PM
The new Edguy album at a glance: This band desperately needs to actually settle on a direction badly. I'm getting sick of a dozen completely stylistically disjointed songs that can't make up their mind whether or not they're serious or joking. A couple of great songs, a couple of OK ones, and a couple of honestly really bad ones. No better than the past 2 records.

brutal_descent
08-20-2011, 01:56 AM
My list at the moment:

#1 Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony
#2 Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
#3 Protest the Hero - Scurillous
#4 Between the Buried and Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues
#5 Tyler, The Creator - Goblin
#6 Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will
#7 Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction
#8 Revocation - Chaos of Forms
#9 Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
#10 Deicide - To Hell With God

BloodoftheKings
08-20-2011, 08:19 AM
My list at the moment:

#1 Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony
#2 Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
#3 Protest the Hero - Scurillous
#4 Between the Buried and Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues
#5 Tyler, The Creator - Goblin
#6 Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will
#7 Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction
#8 Revocation - Chaos of Forms
#9 Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
#10 Deicide - To Hell With God

:hmm:

DethMaiden
08-20-2011, 01:58 PM
The new album by The War on Drugs is really fantastic. Kind of a Springsteen/Dylan filtered through shoegaze thing going on. Not sure who on here would dig it, probably Nick, maybe no one else.

idrinkwine732
08-20-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm doing some major work on my list this weekend because I only have one more day before my stitches are gone and it's keeping me from doing anything fun.

slapguitarer
08-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Yob was the heaviest album I've heard all year. I'll probably post an update to my list soon.

daimonos
08-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Yob was the heaviest album I've heard all year. I'll probably post an update to my list soon.

:fist:

NecroRob
08-20-2011, 04:06 PM
My rough top 10 as of now...

1. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
2. Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
3. Revocation - Chaos of Forms
4. Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will
5. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst the Ashes
6. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
7. Little Dragon - Ritual Union
8. Fucked Up - David Comes to Life
9. Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony
10. Lock Up - Necropolis Transparent

MPF
08-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I can't do a top 10/20 till probably November. There are so many albums coming out in September and October it just wouldn't be right.

MPF
08-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Apparently Mogwai has a new EP that just leaked, Earth Division.

Also the new Red Hot Chili Peppers is out. I don't have my hopes up for that.

GarageMetal468
08-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Apparently Mogwai has a new EP that just leaked, Earth Division.

Also the new Red Hot Chili Peppers is out. I don't have my hopes up for that.

After looking on the shout box for RHCP's last.fm page, all I saw was people saying it was awesome. I can't "obtain music" at school so I can't say for sure, but on Friday when I'm back home I will see.

OraclesofAgony
08-22-2011, 07:41 PM
After revisiting Obscura's Omnivium this weekend I realized I should probably have it higher on my list.

NecroRob
08-22-2011, 08:03 PM
New Mogwai EP is AMAZING. I swear Mogwai can do no wrong :bowdown:

ShatteredFlame
08-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Fuck yeah new Tom Waits album coming October 25th! Hopefully he plays an MSG show in support :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTja7JXK9A

Epidemic Reign
08-23-2011, 09:38 AM
The majority of the albums that have come out this year that I want to listen to, I haven't gotten around to yet. I guess you could say I've been slacking. :eyes:

Of the stuff I have listened to, this is my top 5 in no particular order.

Blood Stain Child - Epsilon
Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction
Pain - You Only Live Twice
Scar Symmetry - The Unseen Empire
Within Temptation - The Unforgiving

Personally I think that list, although a good one, is excessively melodic. If anyone would care to recommend me some good recent death metal, I'd appreciate it.

ShatteredFlame
08-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Also just found out Carissa's Wierd is releasing a 2 single record in a few weeks and is playing a reunion show a few weeks after. Awesome i hope they make another album and tour.

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Yob was the heaviest album I've heard all year. I'll probably post an update to my list soon.Still haven't heard that one, but want to soon.

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm on my 3rd listen and it's incredible. I'm still taking it in but I can confidently say that it is one of their best crafted album. The production is great and there is a nice variety of a whole lot of styles. "Jilly's On Smack" and "Last Salmon Man" may very well be two of the best songs they have written.Spot on, brother. :fist:

The album keeps getting better every time I listen to it. I'm pretty confident it's top-ten bound, if not top-twenty for sure.

Rocco44
08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Still haven't heard that one, but want to soon.

Its fucking great. I've become a huge fan of these guys over the past few months. I'm not in love with the production but the songs are great and they absolutely slay live.

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 10:46 AM
...they absolutely slay live.I've heard that. So pissed I had to miss their tour with Dark Castle earlier this year - especially because one of the dates I was hoping to attend also included Indian, whose latest album is fucking tits ( . ) ( . ) :D [review here (http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2011/indian-guiltless/)]

BloodoftheKings
08-24-2011, 03:24 PM
The new Animals as Leaders albums is called Weightless.

jd091
08-24-2011, 05:14 PM
The new Animals as Leaders albums is called Weightless.

Link?

BloodoftheKings
08-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Link?

http://www.theprp.com/2011/08/24/news/animals-as-leaders-reveal-new-album-title/

jd091
08-24-2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2011/08/24/news/animals-as-leaders-reveal-new-album-title/

Cool, thanks. Wish we could see more details about it now... like, you know, anything.

BloodoftheKings
08-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Cool, thanks. Wish we could see more details about it now... like, you know, anything.

:lol: the official story is just one sentence.

treghet
08-24-2011, 09:07 PM
What an extensive article. I think I'll have to finish reading it later.

MPF
08-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Leprous- Bilateral

GET THIS ALBUM NOW!!!!!

Ihsahn's After, meets Shining (Norway), Meets Devin Townsend. Screams and production provided by Ihsahn.

My new favorite discovery of the year!

DethMaiden
08-25-2011, 03:34 PM
1. Fucked Up
2. Rwake
3. Altar of Plagues
4. SubRosa
5. Death Grips
6. Wolves in the Throne Room
7. Protest the Hero
8. Liturgy
9. The War on Drugs
10. Vader

Need-to-hears with a real shot at cracking this: Barn Owl, Landmine Marathon, Avichi
Need-to-hears that I doubt if I will like enough for them to crack this: Redemption, St. Vincent, Opeth, The Atlas Moth, Megadeth, Anthrax, Mastodon

I'm sure other shit will come out that'll take me be surprise too since I'm using Spotify to randomly check out stuff to review. That War on Drugs came out of nowhere on me, so I'm stoked to discover some more music.

mastodon421
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Updated Top 10
2.Revocation-Chaos Of Forms
3.Protest The Hero-Scurrilous
4.Arch Enemy-Khaos Legions
5.Unearth-Darkness In The Light
6.Fleshgod Apocalypse-Agony
7.Born Of Osiris-The Discovery
8.All Shall Perish-This Is Where It Ends
9.Times Of Grace-The Hymn Of A Broken Man
10.Darkest Hour-The Human Romance

Last Chance To Reason has been surging up my list and I wouldn't be surprised if they hit the top 10.

Still a lot of shit I'm excited for the rest of the year (quite a few are potential top 10 candidates) including:
Mastodon(obiviously)
Machine Head
Landmine Marathon
Warbringer
Skeletonwitch
The Faceless(if it comes out this year, hopefully)
blink-182
Anthrax
Saviours
Russian Circles
Megadeth

and to a lesser extent, but I will still listen to:
Dream Theater
The Devil Wears Prada
Threat Signal

I'm sure there will be others I listen to before the end of the year as well.

MPF
08-25-2011, 05:01 PM
New album from Hella, I'm so glad theyare back, and especially back to being a 2 peice and not a Mars Volta ripoff:

http://hella.bandcamp.com/

DethMaiden
08-25-2011, 05:42 PM
New album from Hella, I'm so glad theyare back, and especially back to being a 2 peice and not a Mars Volta ripoff:

http://hella.bandcamp.com/

There's a better Zach Hill album out this year. :hmm:

jd091
08-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Updated Top 10
2.Revocation-Chaos Of Forms
3.Protest The Hero-Scurrilous
4.Arch Enemy-Khaos Legions
5.Unearth-Darkness In The Light
6.Fleshgod Apocalypse-Agony
7.Born Of Osiris-The Discovery
8.All Shall Perish-This Is Where It Ends
9.Times Of Grace-The Hymn Of A Broken Man
10.Darkest Hour-The Human Romance

Last Chance To Reason has been surging up my list and I wouldn't be surprised if they hit the top 10.

Still a lot of shit I'm excited for the rest of the year (quite a few are potential top 10 candidates) including:
Mastodon(obiviously)
Machine Head
Landmine Marathon
Warbringer
Skeletonwitch
The Faceless(if it comes out this year, hopefully)
blink-182
Anthrax
Saviours
Russian Circles

and to a lesser extent, but I will still listen to:
Dream Theater
The Devil Wears Prada
Threat Signal

I'm sure there will be others I listen to before the end of the year as well.

The new DWP could very well be top 10 material for me. ;)

New Russian Circles should be the shit, too. And don't forget Opeth. Unless you don't like good music.

hb420
08-26-2011, 02:03 AM
The new Corrupted is fucking amazing all destroying, soul crushing doom. Its in my top three at the moment and moving up.

mastodon421
08-26-2011, 05:51 AM
The new DWP could very well be top 10 material for me. ;)

New Russian Circles should be the shit, too. And don't forget Opeth. Unless you don't like good music.

I could honestly never could get into Opeth. It really doesn't make sense considering my musical taste. I've tried many times, but it just hasn't clicked for me.

The new TDWP song R.I.T has be thinking I'm not going to be the biggest fan of the album. The music is still good, but the vocals sound pretty bad. We will wait see on that one...

MPF
08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
There's a better Zach Hill album out this year. :hmm:

And that is....?

DethMaiden
08-26-2011, 01:50 PM
And that is....?

http://artfuldodger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Death-Grips-Exmilitary-Large-625x625.jpg

MPF
08-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Checked out a couple songs, I dig Hella more.

christopher
08-26-2011, 08:56 PM
The new Corrupted is fucking amazing all destroying, soul crushing doom. Its in my top three at the moment and moving up.

Thanks for the info!! I'll look into it right away:D

Edit: I just found out Hevi isn't in the band anymore :( Taiki is doing vocals now, but he sounds pretty close to Hevi. I'm really digging Garten so far

slapguitarer
08-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Toward The Megalith was beautiful.

jd091
08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I am absolutely LOVING the new Cannabis Corpse. Damn.

jhdeity
08-27-2011, 02:11 AM
1. Fucked Up
2. Rwake
3. Altar of Plagues
4. SubRosa
5. Death Grips
6. Wolves in the Throne Room
7. Protest the Hero
8. Liturgy
9. The War on Drugs
10. Vader

Need-to-hears with a real shot at cracking this: Barn Owl, Landmine Marathon, Avichi
Need-to-hears that I doubt if I will like enough for them to crack this: Redemption, St. Vincent, Opeth, The Atlas Moth, Megadeth, Anthrax, Mastodon

I'm sure other shit will come out that'll take me be surprise too since I'm using Spotify to randomly check out stuff to review. That War on Drugs came out of nowhere on me, so I'm stoked to discover some more music.

Lost some interest in PTH? Not sure I've ever heard a cd that I really liked at 1st and thought I'd love only to have the exact opposite happen. I still think these guys will make an incredible cd one day...

DethMaiden
08-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Lost some interest in PTH? Not sure I've ever heard a cd that I really liked at 1st and thought I'd love only to have the exact opposite happen. I still think these guys will make an incredible cd one day...

I still love it, still think it's a goddamn masterpiece, just have had a really incredible year. :lol:

jd091
08-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Oh boy. What a year.

1. Origin
2. Black Dahlia Murder
3. Cannabis Corpse
4. Unearth
5. Tesseract
6. Hate Eternal
7. Obscura
8. The Human Abstract
9. Scale the Summit
10. Wormrot

Those top 4 are pretty interchangable for me right now. Any of them could easily seal the deal for #1.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUU Trap Them and All Pigs Must Die need to fit in there somehow... :(

OraclesofAgony
08-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Hour of Penance just posted about a new album almost being finished on Facebook. Fuck yes.

treghet
08-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Hour of Penance just posted about a new album almost being finished on Facebook. Fuck yes.

Wow, I thought they had gone on a hiatus or something. I haven't heard any news from them since last year. They need to tour the US!

LAXdef16
08-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Wow, I thought they had gone on a hiatus or something. I haven't heard any news from them since last year. They need to tour the US!

This!

OraclesofAgony
08-29-2011, 02:30 PM

Damn right. :horns:

daimonos
08-29-2011, 03:34 PM

They haven't been around because the two dudes who were in Fleshgod Apocalypse left the band. Personal issues, i think? But I'm stoked to know they got something new. I'll take them over Fleshgod any day.

treghet
08-29-2011, 03:43 PM
They haven't been around because the two dudes who were in Fleshgod Apocalypse left the band. Personal issues, i think? But I'm stoked to know they got something new. I'll take them over Fleshgod any day.

That's why I said I thought they were on hiatus. And regarding the last sentence... YES. :fist:

jhdeity
08-29-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm addicted to these guys right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHSqmA93Uo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I really think they're finally going to put out that incredible album. This 1st track has everything I like all rolled into 1 song. The new drummer is from Fredrick, MD and he kills it on this track. Can't wait to hear the whole cd.

daimonos
08-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Apparently Enslaved came out with a 7" with two new songs on it called Thorns. How the fuck do I not hear about this stuff?

BloodoftheKings
08-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Lil B has a new mixtape
http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/14542/lil_b_i_forgive_you.html

powerslave_85
08-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I think this is a good top 5 for the year so far:

1. Wild Flag- s/t
2. Fucked Up- David Comes To Life
3. Boris- Heavy Rocks
4. Adele- 21
5. Childish Gambino- EP

BloodoftheKings
08-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Has anyone heard this new Ghost Brigade album, I just saw it's #3 for the year on RYM and I've never even heard of this band.

Rocco44
09-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Has anyone heard this new Ghost Brigade album, I just saw it's #3 for the year on RYM and I've never even heard of this band.

Yeah, its a pretty good album. Not as good as Isolation Years but enjoyable melodic death type stuff nonetheless.

mastodon421
09-01-2011, 06:50 AM
I think this is a good top 5 for the year so far:

1. Wild Flag- s/t
2. Fucked Up- David Comes To Life
3. Boris- Heavy Rocks
4. Adele- 21
5. Childish Gambino- EP

Seriously? I just heard that and I thought that was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've heard in a while.

DethMaiden
09-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Seriously? I just heard that and I thought that was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've heard in a while.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

You don't like "Freaks and Geeks?"

Is that even possible?

powerslave_85
09-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Sorry, I don't take opinions on hip-hop from people who listen to Tyler the Creator.

jd091
09-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Hold on one fucking minute, people.

Apparently Enslaved came out with a 7" with two new songs on it called Thorns. How the fuck do I not hear about this stuff?

Same. (googles ripped version)

Christ, that's 2 EP's in under a year. *slow clap*

mastodon421
09-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

You don't like "Freaks and Geeks?"

Is that even possible?

No I didn't, that song (and the whole EP) was obnoxious to me. I thought the whole album was just a feeble attempt by Donald Glover to try get into rapping.