PDA

View Full Version : 2011.....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

MPF
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Well, apparently Annotations of an Autopsy is putting out a new EP this year. And they've reverted back to deathcore... but it's not like they were good at writing death metal anyway.

New music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wOINO76pl0

This is easily one of the worst things I have heard in at least a decade.

This almost puts Emmure and Oceano to shame in shittyness.

SomewhereInTime72
06-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Not posting a tentative top 10 list until I hear enough albums excellent enough to make it not be 40% Boris. I hope it's doable. :eyes:

MPF
06-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Not posting a tentative top 10 list until I hear enough albums excellent enough to make it not be 40% Boris. I hope it's doable. :eyes:

What's wrong with that? All 4 Boris albums are badass!

SomewhereInTime72
06-19-2011, 11:49 PM
What's wrong with that? All 4 Boris albums are badass!

They totally are but I feel really silly when I look at the list! :tongue: I feel like I'll be able to at least find 7 non-Boris albums I like more than Klatter though at least haha.

MPF
06-19-2011, 11:53 PM
They totally are but I feel really silly when I look at the list! :tongue: I feel like I'll be able to at least find 7 non-Boris albums I like more than Klatter though at least haha.

Haha touche'!

Maiden33
06-20-2011, 01:54 AM

If you haven't yet, check out all of the following:

Symphony X
Pagan's Mind
Evergrey
Stratovarius

SomewhereInTime72
06-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Evergrey and Strato albums were both great, SX and Pagan's mind both on my "need to hear" list which is slowly getting too large for me to handle. :D Evergrey especially is solidly in my current top 5 and I would be pretty shocked for it not to place highly in my end-year top 10... so good.

brutal_descent
06-20-2011, 04:54 AM
Listening to Scurillous (Protest the Hero). Didn't like C'est la Vie, but Hair-Trigger and Tandem are pretty gewd. :allan:

Need to listen to Reveler, Murder the Mountains, Ritual, and the new All Shall Perish.

NecroRob
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Well, apparently Annotations of an Autopsy is putting out a new EP this year. And they've reverted back to deathcore... but it's not like they were good at writing death metal anyway.

New music video:

Yikes. That song literally has no redeeming qualities at all.

mastodon421
06-20-2011, 08:04 PM

New music video:

Dear god. I actually liked Reign Of Darkness, but this is sooooooo fucking bad.

MPF
06-20-2011, 11:59 PM
To those who dare, the new Limp Bizkit leaked.

To those who want good music, Unearth also leaked.

DethMaiden
06-21-2011, 02:55 AM
New Helms Alee streaming here: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/06/helms_alee_rele.html

Will be my first metal album review for the Quietus. :party:

mastodon421
06-21-2011, 05:15 AM
New Unearth and August Burns Red are great. I am going to finally get around to checking out new Sepultura this week.

ShatteredFlame
06-21-2011, 08:59 AM
New Grieves leaked for fans of good hip-hop.

brutal_descent
06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Could somebody link me to a torrent of Leveler?

treghet
06-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Could somebody link me to a torrent of Leveler?

I told you the easiest way to download stuff, yet you're still asking for help? :lol:

brutal_descent
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
I told you the easiest way to download stuff, yet you're still asking for help? :lol:

I didn't read your message, I found a link myself :lol: I use uTorrent, bud, and you can't convince me to do otherwise :tongue:

mastodon421
06-21-2011, 04:15 PM
New Grieves leaked for fans of good hip-hop.

How is it? I am really excited to hear it.

daimonos
06-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Finally heard the new Children of Bodom. Alot better than I expected it to be, a step up from Are You Dead Yet and Blooddrunk imo.

Deconstruction and Septicflesh are up near the top for me now. The Great Mass is a great blend of the styles on Communion and Sumerian Daemons, which is what I hoped it would be. Still not as good as Sumerian Daemons though (I love that album).

treghet
06-22-2011, 12:17 AM
I didn't read your message, I found a link myself :lol: I use uTorrent, bud, and you can't convince me to do otherwise :tongue:

Hey, if you want to stick with the dated, shitty way of downloading, don't complain when you can't find albums. ;)

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2011, 08:19 AM
I downloaded The Great Mass and listened to half of it before I had to go somewhere and I still never bothered to listen to the whole thing. I gotta do that sometime soon.

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2011, 09:02 AM
My top 10 for the first half of 2011 (may go back and make edits):

1. Devin Townsend - Deconstruction
2. Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
3. Devin Townsend - Ghost
4. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
5. Dropkick Murphys - Going Out in Style
6. Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
7. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
8. Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
9. Havoc - Time is Up
10. Death Grips - Exmilitary

jd091
06-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Hey, if you want to stick with the dated, shitty way of downloading, don't complain when you can't find albums. ;)

Torrents are dated and shitty? Since when?

ShatteredFlame
06-22-2011, 01:13 PM
For real, use private servers like waffles or what.cd and you can download leaks in literally 30 seconds :cool:

(don't ask me for a waffles invite, I don't have any)

jd091
06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
For real, use private servers like waffles or what.cd and you can download leaks in literally 30 seconds :cool:

(don't ask me for a waffles invite, I don't have any)

What.cd looks like a place where Morpheus is gonna contact me IRL. I assume you just need to "know" someone to get in, right?

ShatteredFlame
06-22-2011, 03:28 PM
pretty much

MPF
06-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Yup, I'm there as well. But I wouldn't recommend getting your albums from What.CD unless there is a lot of people wanting to get it as well. It's so damn hard to seed an album there.

I have a pretty reliable site that I use. won't say the name, but it works great.

ShatteredFlame
06-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah waffles is impossible to seed to but I have a lot of albums uploaded and wind up never leaving the 0.8 ratio range, which is perfect unless you're a whore and downloaded around 250GB of music.

Anyway I'm a nerd and am enjoying the new "Weird Al" album. I think it's one of his better ones, not a song I want to skip. Party In The CIA is my favorite.

jd091
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
I have a pretty reliable site that I use. won't say the name, but it works great.

Demonoid? ^_^

That works well for me, and its always very reliable.

MPF
06-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Demonoid? ^_^

That works well for me, and its always very reliable.

Nope, well I do, but not the one I use the most. Demonoid is a great site though.

All I'll say is that it's a great site when looking for New Album Releases.

add .net to the last 3 words in the above sentence, it's all WINRAR files, faster and more direct

treghet
06-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Torrents are dated and shitty? Since when?

If you read MPF's post you will understand. Downloading .rar files takes only a minute or two.

mastodon421
06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
My computer doesn't read RAR files. Can someone help me out with that?

MPF
06-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Install WINRAR

it says you have to pay for it after 30 days or so, but as long as you hit cancel everytime it pops up, you never have to.

ShatteredFlame
06-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I think you can make that message go away in the settings, as I don't get that at all anymore.

jd091
06-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Install WINRAR

it says you have to pay for it after 30 days or so, but as long as you hit cancel everytime it pops up, you never have to.

why install winrar

when you can torrent it? :D

MPF
06-22-2011, 07:40 PM
why install winrar

when you can torrent it? :D

It's free either way. :D

jd091
06-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Nope, well I do, but not the one I use the most. Demonoid is a great site though.

All I'll say is that it's a great site when looking for New Album Releases.

add .net to the last 3 words in the above sentence, it's all WINRAR files, faster and more direct

Hmmm. I'll check it out. Reliable, from your experience?

MPF
06-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Hmmm. I'll check it out. Reliable, from your experience?

I've yet to have a problem with it.

larvtard
06-22-2011, 08:16 PM
You could also use 7-Zip. Highly recommended

jd091
06-22-2011, 08:27 PM
I've yet to have a problem with it.

got the new Tombs album with it. A little bit more of a hassle for me vs. Demonoid because you need to click through more things to d/l, and have the large .zip file sitting in your downloads that you need to go through and delete afterwards. Useful if its not very well known, though, since it downloads faster than if there were just 1 seeder.

New Tombs is pretty sick, too!

MPF
06-22-2011, 09:47 PM
got the new Tombs album with it. A little bit more of a hassle for me vs. Demonoid because you need to click through more things to d/l, and have the large .zip file sitting in your downloads that you need to go through and delete afterwards. Useful if its not very well known, though, since it downloads faster than if there were just 1 seeder.

Really? I've yet to ever have it stay on my computer after I download it. Maybe because it goes to my external harddrive instead? but I'm not sure, it doesn't stay on for me.

but I've discovered quite a few bands on there.

The new tombs is absolutely badass. Oddly enough I heard about them when they were opening for, I shit you not, Dredg. Tombs was talking a lot of shit about Dredg, so I had to see if Tombs was shitty. Not even close they are fucking awesome. The new album is even better.

OraclesofAgony
06-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Listening to new Black Dahlia Murder right now. I was never really able to get into their past albums but this one has hooked me instantly. It definitely is making me look forward to Summer Slaughter more this year.

ShatteredFlame
06-23-2011, 08:40 AM

You should try opening the rar instead of downloading

MPF
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm sure there is very little, if any fans here, but the new Yes just leaked.

Also the 3 Disc remaster of Death's Human.

NecroRob
06-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I've never really listened to Jungle Rot much, but I'm really digging their new album :rocker:

OraclesofAgony
06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I've never really listened to Jungle Rot much, but I'm really digging their new album :rocker:

Yeah, I like it to. One of the better albums I've bought this year. I'll have to get some of their older stuff.

OraclesofAgony
06-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Fleshgod Apocalypse is releasing an album this year.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

If it's like Mafia it will potentially be my album of the year.

illuminatus917
06-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Just downloaded the new Moonlit Sailor album.

I'm expecting greatness...

NecroRob
06-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Fleshgod Apocalypse is releasing an album this year.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

If it's like Mafia it will potentially be my album of the year.

I had no idea about this until today, and needless to say I'm very excited for it. With that being said, I don't really understand why they have moved away from their glorious logo to the new boring one...I just hope their merch at Summer Slaughter have their old logo :bliss:

OraclesofAgony
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I had no idea about this until today, and needless to say I'm very excited for it. With that being said, I don't really understand why they have moved away from their glorious logo to the new boring one...I just hope their merch at Summer Slaughter have their old logo :bliss:

Yeah I'm not digging the clean logo either, but as long as I like the music it'll be alright. It reminded me of Immolation and Dying Fetus who also switched their logos for easy-to-read versions.

I also hope to be able to get a shirt with the original logo on it.

Also, I wonder if they'll have advance copies of the new album for sale on tour like Suffocation did for Blood Oath, it would be cool to get a copy a few weeks early (at the date I'm attending at least).

illuminatus917
06-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Doom of the Occult by Necros Christos

Awesome album.

mastodon421
06-24-2011, 06:11 AM

Me too, I really want to get a shirt with their old logo on it.

idrinkwine732
06-24-2011, 09:16 AM

I'm expecting greatness...

It's very good, no?

Natrlhi
06-24-2011, 09:30 AM

I'm expecting greatness...Didn't know about that. Loved their previous material, so must get on this pronto.

Natrlhi
06-24-2011, 09:32 AM
New Helms Alee streaming here: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/06/helms_alee_rele.html
Thanks for posting! I've been trying to listen to this album through "other" methods and have had no luck finding anything, so I'll get on this right away. More people should give a shit about Helms Alee - their debut album was truly tits. I'm so pissed I will most likely have to miss their show at the Grog Shop with Torche and Big Business. :(

illuminatus917
06-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Didn't know about that. Loved their previous material, so must get on this pronto.

I saw Wine put it up in the 'Now Playing' Thread, so I checked it out.

And yeah, it's great. Just like I expected. Rich, layered, grandiose sound.

idrinkwine732
06-24-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm doing a post-rock only list starting this year, so I can sort of see what the yearly trends are like from year to year, and this year I've noticed something that I didn't think would happen. There are a toooon of really bland and uninteresting releases. It's a genre that I used to think had a TON of depth, with a lot of releases being at least above average. That's not the case so far. I've listened to 14 post-rock albums and a lot more are falling under the Mendoza line than expected.

Other than that, this is what my top 10 is looking like so far...

1. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
2. Altar of Plagues - Mammal
3. Krallice - Diotima
4. The Seven Mile Journey - Notes for the Synthesis
5. Moonsorrow - Varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa
6. Moonlit Sailor - Colors in Stereo
7. The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Bleeding the New Apocalypse (Cum Victriciis In Manibus Armis)
8. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
9. Fen - Epoch
10. Long Distance Calling - Long Distance Calling

illuminatus917
06-24-2011, 11:14 AM
So far my top 5 is something like this...

1. The Seven Mile Journey - Notes for the Synthesis
2. Loss - Despond
3. Altar of Plagues - Mammal
4. Necros Christos - Doom of the Occult
5. SubRosa - No Help For the Mighty Ones

Tides From Nebula, Moonlit Sailor, Vreid, Autopsy, etc probably come next.

idrinkwine732
06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm on the second track of Earthshine now and it's a dandy little album. I really like that it gives me the same vibe as the new Moonlit Sailor but doesn't sound anything like it.

Natrlhi
06-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not feeling the new Autopsy quite as much as some other folks are.

Don't get me wrong - I like it a lot, but maybe I'm just spoiled because I was around when their early (and arguably best) stuff came out, and so I guess I feel kinda like I've heard it all before. I'm not trying to be cool here, I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

The thing I like most about the new album is that nobody makes music like this anymore, and so it's a cool throwback to a day when quality death metal was being made "the old-school way", i.e., it was awesome by virtue of the sheer force / brutality / sickness of it, and not by virtue of guitar and electronics tricks.

Maybe that's also why everybody else likes it so much, but again, it's not new to me.

It is amazing that they can stil pull off this sound, though, considering how long it's been since music like this was common... :bliss:

illuminatus917
06-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm on the second track of Earthshine now and it's a dandy little album. I really like that it gives me the same vibe as the new Moonlit Sailor but doesn't sound anything like it.

Yeah, it's great. Caravans is probably my favorite track on it.

idrinkwine732
06-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not feeling the new Autopsy quite as much as some other folks are.

Don't get me wrong - I like it a lot, but maybe I'm just spoiled because I was around when their early (and arguably best) stuff came out, and so I guess I feel kinda like I've heard it all before. I'm not trying to be cool here, I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

The thing I like most about the new album is that nobody makes music like this anymore, and so it's a cool throwback to a day when quality death metal was being made "the old-school way", i.e., it was awesome by virtue of the sheer force / brutality / sickness of it, and not by virtue of guitar and electronics tricks.

Maybe that's also why everybody else likes it so much, but again, it's not new to me.

It is amazing that they can stil pull off this sound, though, considering how long it's been since music like this was common... :bliss:

Basically that's the exact reason why I'm so in love with it. I'm of the age where all albums that sound like this are from before I was listening to metal, so I feel like I have to go way back into the history of metal (the 80's, y'know, waaay back ;)) in order to hear this sort of death metal. With Macabre Eternal, I get to hear some new material with that sound. I love it.

smearCampaign
06-24-2011, 02:01 PM

I can understand this criticism. That said, I also agree with idrinkwine. They really aren't breaking any new ground but at the same time it's a record that I will keep spinning for years to come. A very solid release, but ultimately it probably won't make my top 10 at the end of the year.

And maybe it's just me, but I have not found the new Altar of Plagues album to be nearly as compelling as their last full length. I think I need to give it another shot.

Natrlhi
06-24-2011, 02:08 PM
I can understand this criticism. That said, I also agree with idrinkwine. They really aren't breaking any new ground but at the same time it's a record that I will keep spinning for years to come. A very solid release, but ultimately it probably won't make my top 10 at the end of the year.Agreed, especially the last sentence.

And maybe it's just me, but I have not found the new Altar of Plagues album to be nearly as compelling as their last full length. I think I need to give it another shot.It's the only release of theirs I've heard, so of course I'm loving it. Sounds like I need to explore their earlier material as well.

The_jman
06-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Has anyone heard the new mercenary yet? if so is it good?

idrinkwine732
06-24-2011, 07:47 PM

A disappointment if you ask me.

The new Altar of Plagues is 10x better than White Tomb!

daimonos
06-24-2011, 08:37 PM
It doesn't really count, but the Destroyer 666 compilation To the Devil His Due is awesome.

jd091
06-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Nader Sadek is the shit! :lovedup:

And the new Finnr's Cane is pretty beautiful.

mankvill
06-24-2011, 09:16 PM
It doesn't really count, but the Destroyer 666 compilation To the Devil His Due is awesome.

yes

Indestructible
06-24-2011, 09:36 PM
The new Weird Al is good and funny.

Akumu
06-25-2011, 11:55 AM

A disappointment if you ask me.

Hated it. They've turned terribly generic.

JuuKun
06-25-2011, 07:02 PM

Better than I expected due to the lineup changes, but still nowhere near any of the first four.

Rocco44
06-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Premonition 13 is of utmost quality, which is what I would expect from any Wino release.

mastodon421
06-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Top 10 at the (near) halfway point. I've listened 39 albums and 3 EP's so far this year. I am completely stoked for the rest of the year, there is so many albums I am excited about!

1.The Black Dahlia Murder-Ritual
2.Protest The Hero-Scurrilous
3.Arch Enemy-Khaos Legions
4.Unearth-Darkness In The Light
5.Born Of Osiris-The Discovery
6.Times Of Grace-The Hymn Of A Broken Man
7.Darkest Hour-The Human Romance
8.Foo Fighters-Wasting Light
9.Obscura-Omnivium
10.Devin Townsend Project-Deconstruction

jd091
06-27-2011, 05:43 AM
That list needs more Hate Eternal

mastodon421
06-27-2011, 05:59 AM
That list needs more Hate Eternal

I've heard it. It's a good record, but I don't think it's nearly as good as some people are making it out to be.

BloodoftheKings
06-27-2011, 09:11 AM
I've heard it. It's a good record, but I don't think it's nearly as good as some people are making it out to be.

This.

SomewhereInTime72
06-27-2011, 03:04 PM
currently, though not up to date since i'm not entirely up to date with new albums yet:

1. Amorphis - The Beginning of Times
2. Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions (biggest surprise of the year so far, since I wasn't expecting to love it nearly as much as I do)
3. Boris - Attention Please
4. Boris - Heavy Rocks
5. Evergrey - Glorious Collision
6. Hiromi - Voice
7. KMFDM - WTF?!
8. Stratovarius - Elysium
9. Childish Gambino - EP (feels weird but I've listened to and enjoyed just these 5 songs more than many full albums I've liked this year, so I had to place it)
10. Motorhead - The World is Yours

A close runner up would be Boris' New Album, but imo Motorhead just barely edges it out. This is a top 10 of about 35 albums that I've heard so far. Still have about 6 more that I'm dying to hear but haven't had the time to yet. Which ones they would be should be obvious because they're likely to blow up the high spaces on my list once I get a few good listens in. coughsymphonyxcough

John The Drummer
06-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Morbid Angel's new album should top everyones list.

ShatteredFlame
06-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Jeff Caxide of ISIS has a new project called Crone

New album out July 19th via Translation Lost.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/06/jeff_caxide_of.html

New song is up there to. It sounds really nice. Ambient/Drone/Post-Rock stuff.

larvtard
06-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm surprised how much I like the new Black Dahlia Murder album, never considered myself a fan. Granted, some of the tracks bleed into each other in the second half, and the more melodeath-heavy songs are kinda gay, but "A Shrine to Madness" is great, and "Moonlight Equilibrium" is AMAZING :drool:

OraclesofAgony
06-28-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm surprised how much I like the new Black Dahlia Murder album, never considered myself a fan. Granted, some of the tracks bleed into each other in the second half, and the more melodeath-heavy songs are kinda gay, but "A Shrine to Madness" is great, and "Moonlight Equilibrium" is AMAZING :drool:

I've never been much of a fan either, but I love Ritual.

jd091
06-29-2011, 04:40 AM

What surprised me the most and what I wasn't expecting was how much the solos on the album absolutely RIPPED. They were all really well constructed and pulled off perfectly. Probabably the best metal solos so far of 2011.

OraclesofAgony
06-29-2011, 04:53 AM
What surprised me the most and what I wasn't expecting was how much the solos on the album absolutely RIPPED. They were all really well constructed and pulled off perfectly. Probabably the best metal solos so far of 2011.

For me, that award goes to Ralph Santolla for his solos on the new Deicide. The solos on Ritual remind me of Santolla's solos though, which means they're awesome.

larvtard
06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah, Ritual's solos are great, as are To Hell with God's :horns:

BloodoftheKings
06-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Lil B's "I'm Gay" dropped today.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lngonqH9W81qg3uqyo1_500.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
06-30-2011, 06:52 AM
http://petedavis.bandcamp.com/

I'm in love. :)

Rocco44
07-01-2011, 12:05 AM
http://petedavis.bandcamp.com/

I'm in love. :)

hmmm... not bad at all

MPF
07-01-2011, 12:23 AM
One of the best albums of the year. The band Muse should have been:

http://battlecircus.bandcamp.com/

King Slender
07-01-2011, 07:49 AM
My favs so far, in no particular order.....
Turbid North - Orogeny
40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room
Omnium Gatherum - New World Shadows
Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason (Thanks, MPF!)

Liking so far, but need more listens...
Th Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
Witch Mountain - South Of Salem
Ara Kra - Ferne Tage
Sylosis - Edge Of The Earth
Loss - Despond

OraclesofAgony
07-02-2011, 07:06 PM
My Current Top 10:

1. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst the Ashes
2. Origin - Entity
3. Deicide - To Hell With God
4. Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
5. Septic Flesh - The Great Mass
6. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
7. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
8. Obscura - Omnivium
9. Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction
10. Belphegor - Blood Magick Necromance

I fully expect this list to change significantly by the end of the year, except Hate Eternal, Origin, and Deicide will still be on this list for sure.

mankvill
07-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Hmm...

1. Touche Amore - Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me
2. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
3. Weedeater - Jason...The Dragon
4. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
5. Deicide - To Hell With God
6. Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
7. Boris - Heavy Rocks (2011)
8. Noisear - Subvert The Dominant Paradigm
9. Havok - Time Is Up
10. Tyler, The Creator - Goblin

Still a lot of releases I need to hear. Maybe I should start writing some reviews again. :D

slapguitarer
07-02-2011, 08:10 PM
My current Top 10 LPs
1. Protest the Hero – Scurrilous
2. The Seven Mile Journey – Notes for Synthesis
3. Light Bearer - Lapsus
4. Grayceon – All We Destroy
5. Subrosa – No Help For The Mighty Ones
6. Fen – Epoch
7. Symphony X – Iconoclast
8. Moonsorrow - Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa
9. Red Fang – Murder the Mountains
10. Unexpect – Fables of the Sleepless Empire

BloodoftheKings
07-02-2011, 08:24 PM
My Current Top 10:

1. Lil B - I'm Gay
2. Origin - Entity
3. Deicide - To Hell With God
4. Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
5. Septic Flesh - The Great Mass
6. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
7. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
8. Obscura - Omnivium
9. Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction
10. Belphegor - Blood Magick Necromance

1. Lil B - I'm Gay
2. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
3. Weedeater - Jason...The Dragon
4. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
5. Deicide - To Hell With God
6. Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
7. Boris - Heavy Rocks (2011)
8. Noisear - Subvert The Dominant Paradigm
9. Havok - Time Is Up
10. Tyler, The Creator - Goblin

My current Top 10 LPs
1. Lil B - I'm Gay
2. The Seven Mile Journey – Notes for Synthesis
3. Light Bearer - Lapsus
4. Grayceon – All We Destroy
5. Subrosa – No Help For The Mighty Ones
6. Fen – Epoch
7. Symphony X – Iconoclast
8. Moonsorrow - Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa
9. Red Fang – Murder the Mountains
10. Unexpect – Fables of the Sleepless Empire

fixed.

MPF
07-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll be making a top 20 tonight probably. I'm doing a new podcast on Tuesday before seeing Devin Townsend, so I gotta make an updated Top 20 for it.

slapguitarer
07-02-2011, 09:17 PM
fixed.

L:lol:L

jhdeity
07-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Unearth's last offering but Darkness in the Light is a mortal lock for my Top 10.

Also I know I'm in the minority but Skindred is finally growing on me also.

illuminatus917
07-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Need to listen to:

Mitochondrion - Parasignosis
Witch Mountain - South of Salem
Colosseum - Chapter 3: Parasomnia
Bloodiest - Descent
Shining - VII: Född Förlorare
The Gates of Slumber - The Wretch

Pretty confident I'll like some of these A LOT.

ChildrenofSodom
07-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I need a list of 2011 releases on the first page, so I don't have to play 7-month-catch-up.

Plz

MPF
07-04-2011, 06:17 PM
My top 20 in a non definitive order (except for number 1)

1.) Devin Townsend- Deconstruction
2.) Between The Buried And Me- The Parallax: The Hypersleep Dialogues
3.) Daniel Jakubovic- Elef Kirot
4.) The Dear Hunter- The Color Spectrum
5.) Obscura- Omnivium
6.) Devin Townsend- Ghost
7.) Scale The Summit The Collective
8.) Amorphis- The Beginning Of Times
9.) Darkest Hour- The Human Romance
10.) Battle Circus- Battle Circus
11.) Dredg- Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy
12.) Primordial- Redemption At The Puritan's Hands
13.) Hotel Of The Laughing Tree- Terror And Everything After
14.) Thomas Giles- Pulse
15.) Symphony x- Iconoclast
16.) Pagan's Mind- Heavenly Ecstasy
17.) Tesseract- One
18.) Long Distance Calling- Long Distance Calling
19.) Woods Of Desolation- Torn Beyond Reason
20.) Last Chance To Reason- Level 2

MPF
07-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I also made a compilation CD of the above list. I had to leave out BTBAM simply because there was no room left on the album, only 4:13 left. But I made it top 20 countdown order:

Last Chance To Reason- Coded To Fail
Woods of Desolation- Darker Days
Long Distance Calling- Arecibo (Long Distance Calling)
TesseracT- Concealing Fate Part Four: Perfection
Pagan's Mind- The Master's Voice
Symphony X- Bastards Of The Machine
Thomas Giles- Medic
Hotel Of The Laughing Tree- Ghosts in the Basement
Primordial- The Black Hundred
Dredg - The Thought Of Losing You
Battle Circus- Galacticus
Darkest Hour- Violent By Nature
Amorphis- My Enemy
Scale The Summit- Origin of Species
Devin Townsend- Kawaii
Obscura- Vortex Omnivium
The Dear Hunter- A Curse of Cynicism (Red)
Daniel Jakubovic- Hi Omedet
Devin Townsend- Juular

hellawaits77ny
07-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Has anyone listened to Winds of Plague's new album 'Against The World'? I was VERY disappointed. Always thought these guys were a great live band. I thought Decimate The Weak was great, The Great Stone War was decent, and I expected a lot from this album after hearing the first single 'Refined In The Fire'. To be honest, the album sucks. The only other song I've listened to more than once are tracks 3 and 4. Both are decent, but not outstanding.

The production is awful. It sounds so muffled and thin, ugh it just sucks! The album could probably be close to decent with even average production, but the shitty ass job done by whoever put this thing together kills it. A 5/10 was reduced to 3/10.

NecroRob
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Rough top 10...

1.) Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
2.) Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will (including the bonus track)
3.) Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst the Ashes
4.) CunninLyguists - Oneirology
5.) Lock Up - Necropolis Transparent
6.) Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
7.) The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
8.) Fucked Up - David Comes to Life
9.) Deceased - Surreal Overdose
10.) And So I Watch You From Afar - Gangs

...Or something like that.

DethMaiden
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
8.) Fucked Up - David Comes to Life

How many times have you heard it? I only ask because it started in 8th for me after a handful and now after like 30 it's jockeying for #1. :lol:

mankvill
07-06-2011, 07:09 PM
10.) And So I Watch You From Afar - Gangs

Fantastic live band. :drool:

NecroRob
07-06-2011, 08:16 PM
How many times have you heard it? I only ask because it started in 8th for me after a handful and now after like 30 it's jockeying for #1. :lol:

I've only listened to it all the way through in one sitting a couple of times since it's so damn long, but I've listened to most of the songs on the album quite a few more times than that. It's not out of the question that it could move up the list at some point because it is a great record.

Fantastic live band. :drool:

I didn't start listening to them after their show here last year. My interest was probably sparked by your review of their show, actually.

The way she goes sometimes.

MPF
07-06-2011, 08:22 PM
sorry wrong post.

um check out Epic Rock Talk on the General Chat section for more 2011 albums I've checked out.

OraclesofAgony
07-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm in the middle of my second listen of the new Decapitated and I'm liking it. Loving the riffs and the new drummer does a good job. The only weak link is the vocals, but they're not too bad.

hellawaits77ny
07-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm in the middle of my second listen of the new Decapitated and I'm liking it. Loving the riffs and the new drummer does a good job. The only weak link is the vocals, but they're not too bad.

Oh shit, that reminds me I gotta check that out. I liked hte song they streamed last week or whenever it was.

hellawaits77ny
07-06-2011, 10:04 PM
New Job For A Cowboy EP kick ass, haters gonna hate.

I liked it quite a bit, especially Signature of Starving Power. The only thing that makes me nervous though, for the most part, these 4 tunes weren't as brutal as Ruination. Death metal doesn't have to be incredibly brutal to be solid, but I prefer Ruination-style shit.

OraclesofAgony
07-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Oh shit, that reminds me I gotta check that out. I liked hte song they streamed last week or whenever it was.

Yeah it's worth checking out. I got my pre-order in the mail, I'm not sure if it has leaked yet. The title track and the following track Homo Sum are awesome. I've listened to it in full about 4 times now.

MPF
07-10-2011, 09:15 PM
New Fair To Midland is out. Not the best quality version available yet, but the album is fucking badass!

BloodoftheKings
07-10-2011, 10:23 PM
The new Cannabis Corpse is available for streaming.
http://downloads.tankcrimes.com/album/beneath-grow-lights-thou-shalt-rise

Tracklist:

1.Visions From the Dankside (Morbid Angel's Visions From the Darkside)
2.Lunatic of Pot's Creation (Deicide's Lunatic of God's Creation)
3.Blame it on Bud (Deicide's Blame it on God)
4.Chapel of Bowls (Morbid Angel's Chapel of Ghouls)
5.Dead by Bong (Deicide's Dead by Dawn)
6.Immortal Pipes (Morbid Angel's Immortal Rites)
7.Blaze of Torment (Morbid Angel's Maze of Torment)
8.Sworn to the Bag (Morbid Angel's Sworn to the Black)
9.Where the Kind Lives (Morbid Angel's Where the Slime Lives)
10.Gateways to Inhalation (Morbid Angel's Gateways to Annihilation)
11.Slave to the Chron (Deicide's Slave to the Cross)
12.Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise (Deicide's Beneath the Light Thou Shall Rise)

mastodon421
07-11-2011, 06:38 AM
I know my posted top 10 last week, but here is my entire top 20 at this point (I'm up to 43 records on the year so far)

1.The Black Dahlia Murder-Ritual
2.Protest The Hero-Scurrilous
5.Born Of Osiris-The Discovery
6.Times Of Grace-The Hymn Of A Broken Man
8.Foo Fighters-Wasting Light
9.Obscura-Omnivium
10.Devin Townsend Project-Deconstruction
11.August Burns Red-Leveler
12.Grieves-Together/Apart
13.Children Of Bodom-Relentless Reckless Forever
14.Beastie Boys-Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
15.Last Chance To Reason-Level 2
16.Arsonists Get All The Girls-Motherland
17.Atmosphere-The Family Sign
18.Thomas Giles-Pulse
19.Amon Amarth-Surtur Rising
20.The Human Abstract-Digital Veil

Natrlhi
07-11-2011, 08:03 AM

Tracklist:

12.Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise (Deicide's Beneath the Light Thou Shall Rise)Wow. Looks like Cannabis Corpse released a better Morbid Angel album this year than Morbid Angel did.

Natrlhi
07-11-2011, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE=mastodon421;374636]I know my posted top 10 last week, but here is my entire top 20 at this point (I'm up to 43 records on the year so far)

9.Obscura-Omnivium
13.Children Of Bodom-Relentless Reckless Forever
14.Beastie Boys-Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
18.Thomas Giles-Pulse
19.Amon Amarth-Surtur Rising

I was underwhelmed by all of these except Obscura, Beastie Boys and Thomas Giles. Those were great. I'll admit, I do want to spend a bit more time with the new Arch Enemy and Unearth before I write them off completely, but the rest of them I can definitely say were decidedly average albums to me.

By the way...if you like the new Obscura, you might want to check out its bigger, badder, heavier opponent in this year's Tech Death Album of the Year race - Origin's "Entity". That album is an absolute motherfucker. :rocker:

mastodon421
07-11-2011, 08:46 AM
I've been meaning to check out the new Origin. I am not a huge fan of their earlier stuff, but I will check it out for sure.

edit: Nat, I would defintely give the new Arch Enemy and Unearth more time. Each of those records have become my favorite record of their respective discographies.

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Wow. Looks like Cannabis Corpse released a better Morbid Angel album this year than Morbid Angel did.

:lol: My thoughts exactly.

Natrlhi
07-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Nat, I would defintely give the new Arch Enemy and Unearth more time. Each of those records have become my favorite record of their respective discographies.Interesting. I'll do that. The new Unearth especially sounded like it may have had some promise. I wasn't thrilled with "The March", so here's hoping at least it's better than that.

jd091
07-11-2011, 09:27 AM
edit: Nat, I would defintely give the new Arch Enemy and Unearth more time. Each of those records have become my favorite record of their respective discographies.

Man, The Oncoming Storm is Unearth's best by far. Don't gimmie that sass. :nonono:

larvtard
07-11-2011, 09:30 AM

Tracklist:

12.Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise (Deicide's Beneath the Light Thou Shall Rise)

Very excited to hear this. I was actually just on that page yesterday, and they only had 3 songs up :lol: Pretty kick-ass so far from what I've heard. Besides, it's a known fact that Cannabis Corpse are better than Cannibal Corpse.

mastodon421
07-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Man, The Oncoming Storm is Unearth's best by far. Don't gimmie that sass. :nonono:

I couldn't disagree more. The Oncoming Storm is great, but I honestly perfer their last three records more. Darkness In The Light takes the best parts of The Oncoming Storm, III: In The Eyes Of Fire, and The March and combines them. I fucking love the record, I can't get enough of it.

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Besides, it's a known fact that Cannabis Corpse are better than Cannibal Corpse.

This actually is debatable. Cannabis Corpse sounds like old Cannibal with better vocals.

larvtard
07-11-2011, 09:43 AM
This actually is debatable. Cannabis Corpse sounds like old Cannibal with better vocals.

Yeah, I hate Chris Barnes' vocals.

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I hate Chris Barnes' vocals.

Who doesn't?

DethMaiden
07-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Who doesn't?

I don't. In fact, I think he sings Tomb of the Mutilated material better than Corpsegrinder even though Corpsegrinder is the better vocalist overall.

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't mind Barnes on EBTL and The Bleeding but BAB and TotM would be much better with out him.

larvtard
07-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Who doesn't?

Tons of diehard Cannibal Corpse fans who hate Corpsegrinder :lol: They exist in multitudes, lemme tell ya...

mastodon421
07-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Chris Barnes is a pretty bad vocalist. Especially his work with Six Feet Under.

masterguy49
07-11-2011, 11:19 AM
I enjoy Chris Barnes work with Cannibal Corpse a lot. Though his shit with Six Feet Under is awful

hb420
07-11-2011, 12:41 PM
The new Disma album is streaming at NPR. Fans of Autopsy, Incantation, and old school death metal need to check it out. It's mind blowingly awesome. :drool::drool:

daimonos
07-11-2011, 04:39 PM
new Lock Up is streaming here: http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds#/15

sounds fucking awesome. buying it tomorrow for sure

NecroRob
07-11-2011, 08:14 PM
new Lock Up is streaming here: http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds#/15

sounds fucking awesome. buying it tomorrow for sure

That album leaked a week ago or so and it's fucking amazing, definitely worth the purchase.

I'm also loving the new Decapitated record. All the songs on it are great, except for the kinda lame outro track that doesn't really add anything to the record.

larvtard
07-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Finally came up with my mid-year 2011 list!

------------------

1, Trap Them - Darker Handcraft
Crusty grindcore with Dismember/Entombed riffage and a rock n' roll mentality.

2. Deicide - To Hell With God
Wow, I did not expect to like this. Straightfoward death metal from Deicide, but the songwriting is out of this world. Catchy as fuck.

3. Owen Hart - Earth Control
This album is kinda hard to classify, but I'd say Cephalic Carnage meets Converge meets Pig Destroyer. But that doesn't really begin to describe their sound at all.

4. Bloodiest - Descent
I was reading a Stephen King book last night while listening to this and it was oh so fitting. I guess the simple description for this is doom, but it goes so beyond that.

5. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
I've never liked TBDM before this but this album is really good. Well, tracks 1 and 2 are. After that there are some good ones, some shitty ones, and some in-between ones. But the strength of tracks 1 and 2 are enough to earn this a #5 spot.

6. American Heritage - Sedentary
Reminds me of Leviathan-era Mastodon but with a hardcore punk urgency/energy.

7. Panzerchrist - Regiment Ragnarock
Great blackened death metal with some killer songwriting. Quite a few of these songs are pretty catchy, lots of epic melodies to go around here/

8. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst The Ashes
Aren't these guys considered brutal death metal? Doesn't sound that way to me. Anyways, this is just some straightforward death metal, but with extremely top-notch songwriting. It's technical, brutal, melodic, and old-school. Reminds me of the new Deicide album but the actual death metal is better on this one.

9. Origin - Entity
I've never considered myself a tech-death fan, and I've never really liked Origin either. Antithesis surprised me, but this one is way better. This is the kind of album that makes me reconsider whether I really hate tech-death.

10. Tombs - Path of Totality
Most people classify these guys as blackened sludge, as they are just so hard to classify. Howeveeer, Mike Hill recently admitted in an interview that he doesn't even agree with the sludge term (they have a lot of blastbeats). So, I dunno. It's really good, though!

11. Bones - Bones
Now for an even more unknown band! This group from Chicago plays crusty death metal that feels really fresh and unique. Most of the time they lean more to the punky spectrum than the brutal one, but they are definitely heavy as shit.

12. Assaulter - Boundless!
Blackened thrash from Australia. The fact that they are a blackened thrash group from Australia should tell you more about their sound than does the fact they have ex-members from Destroyer 666, but yes, they do sound somewhat like Destroyer 666. Some catchy stuff on here.

13. Neuraxis - Asylon
This album was probably the first tech-death album that I really enjoyed (Entity came afterwards). Tracks 1 and 2 are great, everything after that is inferior but still solid.

14. Requiem - Within Darkened Disorder
Death metal group from Switzerland. Ever wondered what Swiss death metal sounds like? Well, Requiem sound like Florida death metal. Yup, this is just OSDM, but it's insanely killer OSDM.

15. Crucified Mortals - Crucified Mortals
Haven't listened to this one in a while, but I know that they have ex-members of Nunslaughter and they play thrash. And it must've been good or something, cuz' it's on this list after all these months.

-------

Bands whose new albums this year I expect to make the top ten, if not the top 5:

Vektor, Mastodon, Revocation, Machine Head

illuminatus917
07-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm assuming you're expecting Vektor to claim its throne on that list, yes?

masterguy49
07-11-2011, 09:24 PM
4. Bloodiest - Descent
I was reading a Stephen King book last night while reading this and it was oh so fitting. I guess the simple description for this is doom, but it goes so beyond that.

If you teach me how to read an album I will love you forever ;)

larvtard
07-11-2011, 09:27 PM
If you teach me how to read an album I will love you forever ;)

lol nice find

I'm assuming you're expecting Vektor to claim its throne on that list, yes?

Yes.

illuminatus917
07-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Interesting. You said Dragged Into Sunlight's Hatred For Mankind was analogous to Heart of Darkness. What work of literature would Bloodiest's be analogous to?

larvtard
07-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Interesting. You said Dragged Into Sunlight's Hatred For Mankind was analogous to Heart of Darkness. What work of literature would Bloodiest's be analogous to?

Hmmmm. That is a good question. I don't think I've read enough literature to give a fair opinion. And I don't think I can just pull an analogy out of my ass like that. I came up with the Heart of Darkness analogy because I was reading that at the time, and it just made sense.

What would you say? You seem like more of a literature nerd than me :cool:

illuminatus917
07-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Hmmmm. That is a good question. I don't think I've read enough literature to give a fair opinion. And I don't think I can just pull an analogy out of my ass like that. I came up with the Heart of Darkness analogy because I was reading that at the time, and it just made sense.

What would you say? You seem like more of a literature nerd than me :cool:

:lol: I'm not. And I'm really at a loss to think of anything.

It's kind of absurd, but I have a tendency to try and draw connections between unrelated things. I know I've read something that gave me that same weird vibe I got from Bloodiest's record, but I can't place it. And it's going to annoy the shit out of me until I think of it.

treghet
07-11-2011, 09:59 PM
8. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst The Ashes
Aren't these guys considered brutal death metal?

No, just death metal.

14. Requiem - Within Darkened Disorder
Death metal group from Switzerland. Ever wondered what Swiss death metal sounds like? Well, Requiem sound like Florida death metal. Yup, this is just OSDM, but it's insanely killer OSDM.

I heard about this album but didn't check it out. I think I will now.

jd091
07-12-2011, 05:30 AM
No, just death metal.

I would definitely call them Brutal Death metal.

Razor_Shark
07-12-2011, 08:02 AM
1. Polkadot Cadaver -- Sex Offender
2. Protest The Hero -- Scurrilous
3. Unexpect -- Fables Of The Sleepless Empire
4. Senmuth -- Hexeractime
5. Foo Fighters -- Wasting Light
6. Obscura -- Omnivium
7. Senmuth -- Enigmatic Nubian Mask
8. Frank Ocean -- Nostalgia/Ultra
9. Journey -- Eclipse
10. Senmuth -- Farhakote
11. Amon Amarth -- Surtur Rising
12. Senmuth -- Cryptomnesia of Hidden Art
13. Brad Paisley -- This Is Country Music
14. Anti-Ben -- An Orgy Of Celestial Sounds & Ben Hatred
15. Senmuth -- Proscyneme
16. Rise Against -- Endgame
17. Crowbar -- Sever the Wicked Hand
18. Lady Gaga -- Born This Way
19. Times Of Grace -- Hymn Of A Broken Man

I didn't read the thread much but these are my top 19 so far, and the only albums I've listened to this year, anything 1-15 are albums that if you are into their scene then you should love them, but they are kind of nichy.

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
This guy named Max Tannone made an album of Ghostface Killah verses put to Afrobeat instrumentals. It's pretty cool.
http://mostlyjunkfood.com/max-tannone-ghostfunk-ghostface-x-afrofunk/

treghet
07-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I would definitely call them Brutal Death metal.

You are free to call them that, but they simply aren't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Suyk_iQsq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRXzhorfmos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s9XCoJ6Gkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYNrfktWHy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMkL87U1VM

Triggz
07-12-2011, 03:44 PM
1. Light Bearer - Lapsus
2. Obscura - Omnivium
3. Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will
4. Indian - Guiltless
5. Protest The Hero - Scurrilous
6. Scale The Summit - The Collective
7. Born of Osiris - The Discovery
8. Hollywood Undead - American Tragedy
9. Horseback - The Gorgon Tongue
10. Maybeshewill - I Was Here For A Moment, Then I Was Gone
11. Moonlit Sailor - Colors In Stereo
12. Samael - Lux Mundi
13. Altar of Plagues - Mammal
14. The Allstar Project - Into The Ivory Tower
15. The Gates of Slumber - The Wretch
16. Red Fang - Murder The Mountains
17. Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
18. Explosions In The Sky - Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
19. Long Distance Calling - S/T
20. Dark Castle - Surrender To All Life Beyond Form
21. Septic Flesh - The Great Mass
22. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
23. Decapitated - Carnival Is Forever
24. Book of Black Earth - The Cold Testament
25. Neuraxis - Asylon
26. Krallice - Diotima
27. Burzum - Fallen
28. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
29. KMFDM - WTF?!
30. Demonaz - March of the Norse
31. Deicide - To Hell With God
32. Darkest Hour - The Human Romance
33. Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
34. Dropkick Murphys - Going Out In Style
35. Tyr - The Lay of Thyrm
36. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
37. Blackguard - Firefight
38. Denizen - Whispering Wild Stories
39. Becoming The Archetype - Celestial Completion
40. Last Chance To Reason - Level 2
41. Omnium Gatherum - New World Shadows
42. Wizard Smoke - The Speed of Smoke
43. Weedeater - Jason... The Dragon
44. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst The Ashes
45. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
46. Gallhammar - The End
47. Wormrot - Dirge
48. Crowbar - Sever The Wicked Hand
49. Stratovarius - Elysium
50. Amorphis - The Beginning of Times
51. Abysmal Dawn - Leveling the Plane of Existence
52. Times of Grace - Hymn of a Broken Man
53. Emmure - Speaker of the Dead
54. DevilDriver - Beast
55. Winds of Plague - Against the World

---EPs---
1. Felipe Arcazas - Induction To The Subconscious
2. Between The Buried And Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogue
3. The Heavy Co. - The Heavy (Please Tune In)
4. Undersmile - A Sea of Dead Snakes
5. Within The Ruins - Omen

The_jman
07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
1. Light Bearer - Lapsus
2. Obscura - Omnivium
4. Indian - Guiltless
5. Protest The Hero - Scurrilous
6. Scale The Summit - The Collective
7. Born of Osiris - The Discovery
8. Hollywood Undead - American Tragedy
10. Maybeshewill - I Was Here For A Moment, Then I Was Gone
12. Samael - Lux Mundi
14. The Allstar Project - Into The Ivory Tower
19. Long Distance Calling - S/T
21. Septic Flesh - The Great Mass
22. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
23. Decapitated - Carnival Is Forever
24. Book of Black Earth - The Cold Testament
25. Neuraxis - Asylon
26. Krallice - Diotima
27. Burzum - Fallen
29. KMFDM - WTF?!
30. Demonaz - March of the Norse
31. Deicide - To Hell With God
32. Darkest Hour - The Human Romance
33. Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
34. Dropkick Murphys - Going Out In Style
35. Tyr - The Lay of Thyrm
36. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
37. Blackguard - Firefight
38. Denizen - Whispering Wild Stories
39. Becoming The Archetype - Celestial Completion
40. Last Chance To Reason - Level 2
41. Omnium Gatherum - New World Shadows
42. Wizard Smoke - The Speed of Smoke
44. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst The Ashes
45. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
46. Gallhammar - The End
47. Wormrot - Dirge
48. Crowbar - Sever The Wicked Hand
49. Stratovarius - Elysium
50. Amorphis - The Beginning of Times
51. Abysmal Dawn - Leveling the Plane of Existence
52. Times of Grace - Hymn of a Broken Man
53. Emmure - Speaker of the Dead
54. DevilDriver - Beast
55. Winds of Plague - Against the World

---EPs---
1. Felipe Arcazas - Induction To The Subconscious
2. Between The Buried And Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogue
3. The Heavy Co. - The Heavy (Please Tune In)
4. Undersmile - A Sea of Dead Snakes
5. Within The Ruins - Omen
really? there are 49 records this year that are better than amorphis? Not sure I'd agree.

idrinkwine732
07-12-2011, 07:17 PM

Fix this shit.

IrritatedTrout
07-12-2011, 08:19 PM
My top records of the year so far:

1. Black Country Communion - 2
2. Motorhead - The World Is Yours

Yeah, that's it.:tongue:

Still need to hear Whocares and the new Uriah Heep though.

jd091
07-12-2011, 08:20 PM
really? there are 49 records this year that are better than amorphis? Not sure I'd agree.

Yeah, and the new Winds of Plague nevertheless.

MPF
07-12-2011, 08:26 PM

Remember dude....Mayhem kids...

:D:D:D

illuminatus917
07-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Remember dude....Mayhem kids...

:D:D:D

Stereotypical jerk. ;)

Though, Moonlit Sailor is #11 on my list as well at the moment...

DethMaiden
07-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Fucking Mayhem fest, ruining the word Mayhem. De Mysteriis forever. :bouville:

idrinkwine732
07-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Stereotypical jerk. ;)

Though, Moonlit Sailor is #11 on my list as well at the moment...

It's #2 on mine.

Addicted2metal
07-12-2011, 11:04 PM
1. Polkadot Cadaver -- Sex Offender
2. Protest The Hero -- Scurrilous
3. Unexpect -- Fables Of The Sleepless Empire
4. Senmuth -- Hexeractime
5. Foo Fighters -- Wasting Light
6. Obscura -- Omnivium
7. Senmuth -- Enigmatic Nubian Mask
8. Frank Ocean -- Nostalgia/Ultra
9. Journey -- Eclipse
10. Senmuth -- Farhakote
11. Amon Amarth -- Surtur Rising
12. Senmuth -- Cryptomnesia of Hidden Art
13. Brad Paisley -- This Is Country Music
14. Anti-Ben -- An Orgy Of Celestial Sounds & Ben Hatred
15. Senmuth -- Proscyneme
16. Rise Against -- Endgame
17. Crowbar -- Sever the Wicked Hand
18. Times Of Grace -- Hymn Of A Broken Man
19. Lady vomit-- Born this way

Fixed.

moobys37
07-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Updated running top 10:

1. SubRosa- No Help for the Mighty Ones
2. Loss- Despond
3. 40 Watt Sun- The Inside Room
4. Primordial- Redemption at the Puritans Hand
5. Altar of Plagues- Mammal
6. Devin Townsend- Deconstruction
7. Mogwai- Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will
8. Amorphis- The Beginning of Times
9. Deafheaven- Roads to Judah
10. Krallice- Diotima

Rocco44
07-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Updated running top 10:

2. Loss- Despond
10. Krallice- Diotima

Nice fucking list. We seem to have similar taste :D I still have to check out SubRosa, Loss, and Deafheaven.

Razor_Shark
07-13-2011, 02:33 AM
Fixed.

I don't see how that is funny.

Natrlhi
07-13-2011, 06:34 AM
2. Obscura - Omnivium
4. Indian - Guiltless
26. Krallice - Diotima
27. Burzum - Fallen
45. Anaal Nathrakh - PassionFor a guy who likes deathcore, you actually have some pretty good shit in your list... ;)

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Updated running top 10:

2. Loss- Despond
10. Krallice- Diotima

I've got your 1 and 5 on my list, so I probably need to hear the stuff you've listed that I haven't heard yet.

illuminatus917
07-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Updated running top 10:

2. Loss- Despond
10. Krallice- Diotima

Nice fucking list. We seem to have similar taste :D I still have to check out SubRosa, Loss, and Deafheaven.

You're missing the best part of his list.

I've got your 1 and 5 on my list, so I probably need to hear the stuff you've listed that I haven't heard yet.

I'm pretty sure you'd love Despond.

Natrlhi
07-13-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm pretty sure you'd love Despond.Fair enough, but a word to the wise, Brad. Loss is some pretty deep-diving doom (alliteration not intended). Don't listen to it when you're in a bad mood, or we may not hear from you again. ;)

EDIT: It's also not really good workout music. :D

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm pretty sure you'd love Despond.

I'm on it, thanks. 127 releases in my personal Excel document this year so far. :lol:

Natrlhi
07-13-2011, 08:26 AM
So the new Unearth isn't fucking bad at all.

larvtard
07-13-2011, 10:28 AM
I wish Suicide Silence didn't have so many goddamn breakdowns, much less terribly generic ones. They'd be, at the very least, half-decent :lol:

jd091
07-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I wish Suicide Silence didn't have so many goddamn breakdowns, much less terribly generic ones. They'd be, at the very least, half-decent :lol:

:D You are one step away from joining the dark side with me...

Natrlhi
07-13-2011, 12:20 PM
DON'T DO IT BEN

makethemsuffer12
07-13-2011, 12:37 PM
So the new Unearth isn't fucking bad at all.
Just pretty fucking bland. The last two are much better, even though the style is practically the same.

This, even though I feel this more so for Whitechapel. Mitch Lucker is a pretty annoying vocalist, though.

brutal_descent
07-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Just pretty fucking bland. The last two are much better, even though the style is practically the same.

This, even though I feel this more so for Whitechapel. Mitch Lucker is a pretty annoying vocalist, though.

Yeah, he's a complete spazz too.

hb420
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
1. Disma - Towards The Megalith
2. Batillus - Furnace
4. Tombs - Path of Totality
5. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
6. Morne - Asylum
7. Red Fang - Murder The Mountains
8. Deafheaven - Roads To Judah
9. Krallice - Diotima
10. Lo Pan - Salvador

larvtard
07-13-2011, 07:25 PM
DON'T DO IT BEN

HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME... CHRIS

And don't worry man, I'm not gonna go down jd's dark path :cool:

larvtard
07-13-2011, 07:25 PM
1. Disma - Towards The Megalith
2. Batillus - Furnace
4. Tombs - Path of Totality
5. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
6. Morne - Asylum
7. Red Fang - Murder The Mountains
8. Deafheaven - Roads To Judah
9. Krallice - Diotima
10. Lo Pan - Salvador

hey man wtf where is Trap Them

jd091
07-13-2011, 07:38 PM

And don't worry man, I'm not gonna go down jd's dark path :cool:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/5490195/tumblr_lcisu3xYLB1qcp4md_large.jpg?1292215404

illuminatus917
07-13-2011, 08:36 PM

Everyone here knows your name, they just usually refuse to call you by it. ;)

treghet
07-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Technical death metal fans will eat this shit up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWzSZWftu8U

The Aura is their debut album.

jd091
07-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Technical death metal fans will eat this shit up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWzSZWftu8U

The Aura is their debut album.

DO WANT

MORE AND MORE AND MORE

jd091
07-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh shit! The new All Shall Perish is out, and I didn't even realize it!

*clicks download*

treghet
07-13-2011, 09:30 PM
DO WANT

MORE AND MORE AND MORE

Forgot to mention that's the bassist from Augury. Pretty good stuff. I'm going to have to give the album a listen.

The_jman
07-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Everyone here knows your name, they just usually refuse to call you by it. ;)
I didn't know his name, but that's not surprising...

moobys37
07-13-2011, 10:54 PM

Despond will make you want to kill yourself. SubRosa I feel is one of the most unique album's I've ever heard which is why it's number one with only Loss really challenging it so far. But yeah, don't listen to Loss without having had a really good day beforehand.

jd091
07-14-2011, 05:41 AM
New All Shall Perish > New Black Dahlia Murder

I said it.

mastodon421
07-14-2011, 06:59 AM

I said it.

:finger2: New All Shal Perish is very good, but that's just crazy talk.

jd091
07-14-2011, 07:35 AM
:finger2: New All Shal Perish is very good, but that's just crazy talk.

I do need to listen to Ritual a lot more before I put my year-end list together, but right now, This is Where it Ends is just very, very catchy and super riffy. Every song just is full off good riffs versus just breakdowns. And Francesco Artusato's solos are just a notch above Ryan Knight's. Not that Ritual is bad, it just didn't hook me as quick as this did.

illuminatus917
07-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Does Moobys37 have great tastes or what.

idrinkwine732
07-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Does Moobys37 have great tastes or what.

:lovedup: He's a Cormorant fan too :lovedup:

illuminatus917
07-14-2011, 09:25 AM
:lovedup: He's a Cormorant fan too :lovedup:

Speaking of Cormorant, have you heard anything about their new album? I can't find anything about it online except someone said via Twitter that the tracking is complete. Do you have any inside info being a local... Release date/estimate?

mastodon421
07-14-2011, 09:42 AM
I do need to listen to Ritual a lot more before I put my year-end list together, but right now, This is Where it Ends is just very, very catchy and super riffy. Every song just is full off good riffs versus just breakdowns. And Francesco Artusato's solos are just a notch above Ryan Knight's. Not that Ritual is bad, it just didn't hook me as quick as this did.

Don't get me wrong, This Is Where Is Ends is great (I've heard almost all of it, not quite the whole thing). Francesco is a great guitar player and he has some awesome solos. I just don't think it holds a candle to Ritual (granted most records don't imo and Ritual has a very good chance of being my album of the year).

Rocco44
07-14-2011, 11:02 AM
You're missing the best part of his list.
And what may I ask is that?

Despond will make you want to kill yourself. SubRosa I feel is one of the most unique album's I've ever heard which is why it's number one with only Loss really challenging it so far. But yeah, don't listen to Loss without having had a really good day beforehand.

Nice, thanks for the info. I just had a breakup so maybe I'll wait a week for Loss haha

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 12:17 PM

I said it.

This.

idrinkwine732
07-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Speaking of Cormorant, have you heard anything about their new album? I can't find anything about it online except someone said via Twitter that the tracking is complete. Do you have any inside info being a local... Release date/estimate?

It's all done. I heard most of it two weeks ago and I'm pretty confident in saying that it's better than Metazoa. I was all like :lovedup: for the entire time.

Expect it in September or October.

illuminatus917
07-14-2011, 07:45 PM
And what may I ask is that?

Because Loss and SubRosa are the best part of his list.

Rocco44
07-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Because Loss and SubRosa are the best part of his list.

Oh gotcha, I'm dumb lol

Dissimulate
07-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Is there a giant list of this year's metal releases somewhere? So far this year I've only heard 3 albums that came out in 2011.

w00tasaurus
07-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Is there a giant list of this year's metal releases somewhere? So far this year I've only heard 3 albums that came out in 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_in_heavy_metal_music

larvtard
07-15-2011, 09:33 AM
jd, I had faith in your music tastes :( I actually gave the new All Shall Perish a shot. It sucks, like I figured. Just sounds like ordinary deathcore, and the breakdowns are fucking terrible. Sure, the guitarist's good and all, but his talents are wasted.

anyways.
new Cannabis Corpse is great :rocker:

BloodoftheKings
07-15-2011, 09:48 AM
anyways.

This. It has been a great year for death metal.

brutal_descent
07-15-2011, 09:49 AM

Seeing these guys in August :rocker:

illuminatus917
07-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Oh gotcha, I'm dumb lol

Your name always reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_2oiccZNo

jd091
07-15-2011, 10:06 AM
jd, I had faith in your music tastes :( I actually gave the new All Shall Perish a shot. It sucks, like I figured. Just sounds like ordinary deathcore, and the breakdowns are fucking terrible. Sure, the guitarist's good and all, but his talents are wasted.

anyways.

OH HEY WHAT IS THIS BAND I FOUND? TRAP THEM??? I THINK THEY'RE PURRDY GOOD I GUESS

NecroRob
07-15-2011, 03:42 PM

anyways.

I've only listened to a couple of songs off of the new ASP album so far, but from what I've heard I have to agree. The new guitarist is impressive, but his work doesn't really do much for me. I'll give it a few more spins before I give up on it, maybe something will click.

And yeah, the new Cannabis Corpse is pretty sweet :rocker:

DethMaiden
07-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Been catching up on a bunch of stuff the past couple days. I've got the new ones from This Will Destroy You, Touche Amore, and Disma lined up for tomorrow.

hb420
07-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Been catching up on a bunch of stuff the past couple days. I've got the new ones from This Will Destroy You, Touche Amore, and Disma lined up for tomorrow.

Disma will not disappoint you. You should check out Avichi too since you're really into black metal as well.

Rocco44
07-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Your name always reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_2oiccZNo

Haha, that's funny... I took the name from the character in Boondock Saints actually lol... I joined my first message board back when I was in hs and at the time I thought that movie was the greatest shit ever. I got used to it and just stuck with it lol

treghet
07-16-2011, 12:03 AM

Touché Amoré has been on my list for a while but I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. And I'm going to give that Disma album a listen sometime today as well.

DethMaiden
07-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Disma will not disappoint you. You should check out Avichi too since you're really into black metal as well.

Noted. :fist:

treghet
07-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Keep in mind that he likes Emmure. ;)

jd091
07-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Keep in mind that he likes Emmure. ;)

You make it sound like I'm proud of that fact.

ShatteredFlame
07-17-2011, 08:13 AM
I keep listening to Septic Flesh - The Great Mass but I don't know why. On one hand I feel like it could be so much better but on the other hand I feel like there is really something special about this album that will hit me over time. The same is going for their previous release Communion.

I definitely think The Vampire of Nazareth is perfect but the rest of the album doesn't get nearly as good imo.

daimonos
07-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I keep listening to Septic Flesh - The Great Mass but I don't know why. On one hand I feel like it could be so much better but on the other hand I feel like there is really something special about this album that will hit me over time. The same is going for their previous release Communion.

I definitely think The Vampire of Nazareth is perfect but the rest of the album doesn't get nearly as good imo.

Oceans of Gray is probably my favorite on the album. I actually think the new ones better than Communion.

hb420
07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
YOB leaked :drool::drool::drool:

DethMaiden
07-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Gonna give this one a spin tonight. Take a look at that badass cover art:

http://reigninart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Jungle-Rot-Kill-On-Command.jpeg

jd091
07-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Gonna give this one a spin tonight. Take a look at that badass cover art:

http://reigninart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Jungle-Rot-Kill-On-Command.jpeg

Woah... I just might need to download that on principle! Fucking sick picture! Let us know what you think.

And we should definitely do a "Best Artwork of 2011" thread by the end of this year.

DethMaiden
07-17-2011, 08:46 PM
I just hit 70 albums today, so I'm gonna do a roughly ranked top 20. Why yes, I am unemployed, why do you ask?

1. Fucked Up - David Comes to Life
3. Protest the Hero - Scurrilous
4. SubRosa - No Help for the Mighty Ones
5. Burzum - Fallen
6. Liturgy - Aesthethica
7. Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
8. Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
9. Death Grips - Exmilitary
10. Evergrey - Glorious Collision
11. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
12. Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
13. Lionize - Destruction Manual
14. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
15. The Decemberists - The King Is Dead
16. Grayceon - All We Destroy
17. Jungle Rot - Kill on Command
18. Darkest Hour - The Human Romance
19. Between the Buried and Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues
20. Heretoir - Heretoir

On my long "need to hear" list, I think the ones with the best shot of making a run here are the new ones from Wolves in the Throne Room, Opeth, St. Vincent, The Atlas Moth, Landmine Marathon (no title yet, grr), and yes, Mastodon.

The_jman
07-17-2011, 09:38 PM
I finally listened to the whole scar symmetry album, I thought it was really good.

I also thought theory of a deadman's new album was surprisingly good if radio rock is your thing. I didn't think I'd like it but damn it kinda hooked me. fuck people that are gonna give me shit for that one.

mastodon421
07-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Brad the new Landmine Marathon album has a name. It's called Gallows and it comes out September 27th:rocker:

Natrlhi
07-18-2011, 07:03 AM
4. SubRosa - No Help for the Mighty Ones
5. Burzum - Fallen
6. Liturgy - Aesthethica
7. Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
8. Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
9. Death Grips - Exmilitary
11. Anaal Nathrakh - Passion
12. Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
13. Lionize - Destruction Manual
16. Grayceon - All We Destroy
18. Darkest Hour - The Human Romance

2. I really really really really really really like that one, too.
4. Holy shit, what a fantastic doom album. I still remember the comment you made about eating your hat if a better doom album came out this year, and so far, I'm not sure one has. :fist:
5. I'm really surprised at how much that one hooked me, but it has. WAY better than last year's release, if you ask me.
6. I'm about to check that one out soon. What I've heard so far sounds promising.
7. Very good album. I think there are some other death metal releases coming out (or which have already come out), that might challenge it for me, though - and that's not including tech death, which has TWO epic releases this year so far in Obscura and Origin. :bowdown:
8. Love it as well.
9. Just listened to that yesterday. Very awesome. That makes three fans on this board now. ;)
11. Well duh. If it was as good as "Black Widow", I'd be giving you shit for it not being in the top ten, but...it isn't.
12. I also liked this a lot.
13. Wasn't this a 2010 release?
16. This one still has some major staying power for me. I doubt it'll slip out of my top ten, but ya never know.
18. If you like this style of music, Unearth's new one stomps all over this (and I do like Darkest Hour's stuff to a pretty decent extent).

Natrlhi
07-18-2011, 07:38 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vY8I5HvOvk8/SZnAtMEjIMI/AAAAAAAACzQ/5Co4_4GNC9k/s400/predator.jpg
THAT FUCKING JUNGLE ROT
IS GONNA BE HEARING FROM
MY LAWYERS REGARDING
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!

w00tasaurus
where are you guys finding the new vader album?

DethMaiden
2. I really really really really really really like that one, too.
4. Holy shit, what a fantastic doom album. I still remember the comment you made about eating your hat if a better doom album came out this year, and so far, I'm not sure one has. :fist:
5. I'm really surprised at how much that one hooked me, but it has. WAY better than last year's release, if you ask me.
6. I'm about to check that one out soon. What I've heard so far sounds promising.
7. Very good album. I think there are some other death metal releases coming out (or which have already come out), that might challenge it for me, though - and that's not including tech death, which has TWO epic releases this year so far in Obscura and Origin. :bowdown:
8. Love it as well.
9. Just listened to that yesterday. Very awesome. That makes three fans on this board now. ;)
11. Well duh. If it was as good as "Black Widow", I'd be giving you shit for it not being in the top ten, but...it isn't.
12. I also liked this a lot.
13. Wasn't this a 2010 release?
16. This one still has some major staying power for me. I doubt it'll slip out of my top ten, but ya never know.
18. If you like this style of music, Unearth's new one stomps all over this (and I do like Darkest Hour's stuff to a pretty decent extent).

1. Listen to the Fucked Up album. Do it. Fucking do it.
9. Niiiice.
13. Nah, February.
16. It's gonna slip out of my top 20, probably. ;) Grayceon is a band who I own all three albums by but will never be as impressed by on record as I am live.
18. I dunno, not really a genre I'm exploring for more stuff. I was shocked by how much I liked the Darkest Hour. :lol:

Natrlhi
07-18-2011, 07:46 AM
where are you guys finding the new vader album?Let's just say it hasn't leaked, so you can stop looking.

1. Listen to the Fucked Up album. Do it. Fucking do it.
9. Niiiice.
13. Nah, February.
16. It's gonna slip out of my top 20, probably. ;) Grayceon is a band who I own all three albums by but will never be as impressed by on record as I am live.
18. I dunno, not really a genre I'm exploring for more stuff. I was shocked by how much I liked the Darkest Hour. :lol:1. I plan to. :fist:
16. :mad: :bouville: :mad:
18. Fair enough, but if DH surprised you even a little bit, then the new Unearth might just blow your fucking socks off. I'm tellin' you.

jd091
07-18-2011, 07:59 AM
18. Fair enough, but if DH surprised you even a little bit, then the new Unearth might just blow your fucking socks off. I'm tellin' you.

I need to listen to it more, but in my opinion, old Unearth > new Unearth. Trevor's vocals have just gone very downhill. And I totally forgot Darkest Hour put out a new album; if you say it's good I might download to give it a chance.

And damn you all listening to the new Vader! ;_;

Natrlhi
07-18-2011, 08:09 AM
I need to listen to it more, but in my opinion, old Unearth > new Unearth. Trevor's vocals have just gone very downhill. And I totally forgot Darkest Hour put out a new album; if you say it's good I might download to give it a chance.

And damn you all listening to the new Vader! ;_;It's the riffs that make Unearth awesome for me - not the vocals. Anybody can do vocals like that - or let's just say a lot of people do. ...and don't sweat it - the new Vader will be here for public consumption soon enough. It's not like there isn't a whole fuckton of other interesting music out there this year. :cool:

w00tasaurus
07-18-2011, 09:38 AM
^very true, this year is incredible

mastodon421
07-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I have to agree with Nat, it's the riffs that make Unearth. I dig Trevor Phipps's vocals, but Ken Susi and Buz McGrath's guitarwork are what make that band special. Darkness In The Light is my favorite record by Unearth. I think it takes the best parts of all of their previous records and combines them perfectly.

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 12:15 PM

And damn you all listening to the new Vader! ;_;

DO IT! It's so great.

JuuKun
07-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Finally got around to checking out the new Suidakra. Definitely a disappointment after how awesome Crogacht was. Not bad, but with nine other albums, I don't see myself coming back to this one anytime soon.

DethMaiden
07-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Read a great one-liner review of Jungle Rot's from someone who had it fifth on her half-year list earlier today:

"The new Jungle Rot album is the best Bolt Thrower album since the last Hail of Bullets album."

:lol:

christopher
07-20-2011, 12:12 AM
I listened to the new Toxic Holocaust album Conjure and Command a few times today and fucking love it!!!! 9 out of 10 songs are great. I am Disease is a terrible song. The rest sound great. There are a few songs that sound like it could be the strongest material that TH has ever written.

jd091
07-20-2011, 06:00 AM
I listened to the new Toxic Holocaust album Conjure and Command a few times today and fucking love it!!!! 9 out of 10 songs are great. I am Disease is a terrible song. The rest sound great. There are a few songs that sound like it could be the strongest material that TH has ever written.

Huh. I wasn't a fan of their logo change, but if you say it's good, I'll give it a shot.

Natrlhi
07-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Read a great one-liner review of Jungle Rot's from someone who had it fifth on her half-year list earlier today:

"The new Jungle Rot album is the best Bolt Thrower album since the last Hail of Bullets album."

:lol::lol: Not only is that comment both very funny and creative, it's a very high compliment. That album just went to the top of my "must listen" list.

jhdeity
07-20-2011, 02:02 PM
It's the riffs that make Unearth awesome for me - not the vocals. Anybody can do vocals like that - or let's just say a lot of people do. ...and don't sweat it - the new Vader will be here for public consumption soon enough. It's not like there isn't a whole fuckton of other interesting music out there this year. :cool:

And the guitar work. Or how the guitars are so prevalent in the riffs. I'm not sure what it is but it works for me.

The cd has lost a little luster as I listen to other amazing cd's but at least 3-4 songs are some of the best of 2011 to me

treghet
07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
:lol: Not only is that comment both very funny and creative, it's a very high compliment. That album just went to the top of my "must listen" list.

I have yet to really get into Jungle Rot, but yeah, now I'm going to have to listen to it as well. Added to my list of stuff to check out this weekend.

ShatteredFlame
07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm really digging Alone by Evan Brewer. Just something about only 2 basses that sounds so cool, very experimental album here. With the success of Colin Stenson this year I feel that hipsters would be all over this if this guy wasn't from a tech death band.

BloodoftheKings
07-20-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm really digging Alone by Evan Brewer. Just something about only 2 basses that sounds so cool, very experimental album here. With the success of Colin Stenson this year I feel that hipsters would be all over this if this guy wasn't from a tech death band.

Wasn't he the opener at the AAL's show?

ShatteredFlame
07-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah. A friend that went told me he was great too.

Would be cool to see live but I'm not that interested in any case.

jd091
07-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Wasn't he the opener at the AAL's show?

Yup. I wonder how he was live? Was it just him, or were there other bassists also?

MPF
07-20-2011, 07:10 PM
According to a friend of mine who went to the Joliet show. He played 2 basses on stage at the same time.

jd091
07-20-2011, 07:35 PM
According to a friend of mine who went to the Joliet show. He played 2 basses on stage at the same time.

O.O

Natrlhi
07-20-2011, 08:17 PM
According to a friend of mine who went to the Joliet show. He played 2 basses on stage at the same time.It's true. He can do it. Looky here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1KDEQoVM50).

MPF
07-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Iwrestledabearonce's album leaked.

Tried listening to it all the way through...I did...then deleted it.

jd091
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM

Can't stand that band. They're the epitome of technical wankery without any substance. Maybe Rings of Saturn first, but they're close.

MPF
07-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Can't stand that band. They're the epitome of technical wankery without any substance. Maybe Rings of Saturn first, but they're close.

The first album had some substance to it. The new album is about 75% Technical breakdowns with no substance. 25% where they use riffs...that aren't any good.

I'm just going to keep doing what I have been and forget they are around, life's better that way.

jd091
07-21-2011, 04:03 PM
The first album had some substance to it. The new album is about 75% Technical breakdowns with no substance. 25% where they use riffs...that aren't any good.

I'm just going to keep doing what I have been and forget they are around, life's better that way.

I was just indifferent to them, until they did that Black Metal stint. Now I just hate them.

MPF
07-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I was just indifferent to them, until they did that Black Metal stint. Now I just hate them.

That was just a shitty joke. The song they released is on the album and it sounds like standard, shitty IWABO music. The only thing that makes them relateable to Black Metal is that sometimes the vocals sound like she is dying.

jd091
07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
That was just a shitty joke. The song they released is on the album and it sounds like standard, shitty IWABO music. The only thing that makes them relateable to Black Metal is that sometimes the vocals sound like she is dying.

You think I would like them, you know, since I like so much shitty metal. Hell, I'm playing Hairspray as I write this. But no, IWABO does nothing for me.

MPF
07-21-2011, 04:15 PM
You think I would like them, you know, since I like so much shitty metal. Hell, I'm playing Hairspray as I write this. But no, IWABO does nothing for me.

Admitting it is the first step towards recovery. :tongue:

No I agree. THey have no substance at all. They just try to be hipster and trendy and anyone who doesn't like them is uncool and doesn't get it.

I guess I don't get shitty music. :confused:

OraclesofAgony
07-21-2011, 04:52 PM

I'll take the liberty of not listening to it at all. ;)

MPF
07-21-2011, 04:54 PM
I'll take the liberty of not listening to it at all. ;)

Probably what I should have done. Luckily no song was longer then 4 minutes so it didn't waste too much of my time. Only about a half hour. But I'm always willing to give a new album a chance so I can least have a reason to talk shit about how much it sucks. :D

jd091
07-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Tosin announced that the new Animals as Leaders album is done recording, and will be out in November. Yet another fucking incredible album that will fight to the death for my top-of-2011 list. :pissed:

MPF
07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Tosin announced that the new Animals as Leaders album is done recording, and will be out in November. Yet another fucking incredible album that will fight to the death for my top-of-2011 list. :pissed:

Damn another good one,

There are TOO MANY good albums coming out between September and November. What sucks is that I know there will be some albums that I won't give the proper treatment because others will be coming out.