PDA

View Full Version : NIGHTWISH update from an unhappy-sounding Tuomas Holopainen

ravenheart
02-01-2011, 08:06 AM
"In the excitement of Yuletide magic I wrote there would be secrets revealed at the end of January. There are big things happening within and around the Nightwish camp but the Big Boys and Bosses just sent me an ultimatum to keep my mouth shut for a couple more months, or I would wake up with a horse's head in my bed.

I truly am very sorry about needing to keep future plans and sights still in secrecy. The purpose is not to annoy anybody or cause a carefully planned hype over the matter. Due to the changes in the schedule things will be revealed later during the spring.

The recordings continue, I'm off to E-Major Studios next weekend to put together all the files for the orchestral and choir sessions in London. I'm in daily contact with Mr. Pip Williams, going over the arrangements and new ideas for the songs. The demos he has sent me sound simply otherworldly! Beautiful, twisted, tribal and cinematic stuff. And with a theme album coming up, the mood changes seem to be more present than ever before.

Yup, it still is the Burton-Gaiman-Dali - amusement park we are about to enter.

More coming up once the mobsters grant me permission."

Indestructible
02-01-2011, 08:09 AM
:party:

Sanitarium78
02-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't recall Tuomas ever being happy. So there's no change there.

Last I heard it was gonna be this fall when the new album gets released. So if he's recording right now that still looks like a strong possibility.

Maiden33
02-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't recall Tuomas ever being happy. So there's no change there.

Last I heard it was gonna be this fall when the new album gets released. So if he's recording right now that still looks like a strong possibility.

Yeah, makes sense that it's part of his persona to act dark and brooding, since Nightwish largely appeals to melodramatic teenage girls.

ravenheart
02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah, makes sense that it's part of his persona to act dark and brooding, since Nightwish largely appeals to melodramatic teenage girls.

Until the last album.

Sanitarium78
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Interesting observation considering I saw them twice on the last tour and both shows had a good range of people of different ages and a good amount of males in the audience.

Indestructible
02-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Sorry but fake mainstream emo bands put on a dark persona to appeal to teenage girls but not Nightwish. Have you ever heard a Nigthwish song? Because when Thomas writes dark lyrics they are true from the heart. I've loved Nightwish for six years and never once thought of them as a melodramatic band that appeals to teenage girls.

Maiden33
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Sorry but fake mainstream emo bands put on a dark persona to appeal to teenage girls but not Nightwish. Have you ever heard a Nigthwish song? Because when Thomas writes dark lyrics they are true from the heart. I've loved Nightwish for six years and never once thought of them as a melodramatic band that appeals to teenage girls.

Dude, I've heard like 4 full Nightwish albums, and I even consider myself a fan of the last one.

My claim about Tuomas was mostly a joke, but the statement about melodramatic teenage girls was certainly not. I went to high school with tons of girls who absolutely loved the shit out of Nightwish, constantly going on about how deep they are, and how much they identify with the emotion in their music. And yes, all of them were melodramatic teenage girls.

IrritatedTrout
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
My claim about Tuomas was mostly a joke, but the statement about melodramatic teenage girls was certainly not. I went to high school with tons of girls who absolutely loved the shit out of Nightwish, constantly going on about how deep they are, and how much they identify with the emotion in their music. And yes, all of them were melodramatic teenage girls.

I had the same experience.

Northern_Shaman
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I had the same experience.

Wow, that sounds weird as hell. All the Nightwish fans I know up here are either really into power metal or MMORPGs. Often both!

Akumu
02-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah, when I was in high school, nobody really talked about Nightwish outside my group of gamer friends... though I had first heard about them from a classmate in freshman year who is now an openly gay Lady Gaga and Twilight fan. Which is also how I first heard about DragonForce. Hmmm. :eyes:

H.I.M., on the other hand, completely dominated the angsty teenage girl demographic. I still twitch every time I see a heartagram.

Maiden33
02-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, when I was in high school, nobody really talked about Nightwish outside my group of gamer friends... though I had first heard about them from a classmate in freshman year who is now an openly gay Lady Gaga and Twilight fan. Which is also how I first heard about DragonForce. Hmmm. :eyes:

H.I.M., on the other hand, completely dominated the angsty teenage girl demographic. I still twitch every time I see a heartagram.

Yep, the same girls I'm referring to that loved Nightwish were also huge H.I.M. fans.

IrritatedTrout
02-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Yep, the same girls I'm referring to that loved Nightwish were also huge H.I.M. fans.

Again, same here.:lol:

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Dude, I've heard like 4 full Nightwish albums, and I even consider myself a fan of the last one.

Maybe they were melodramatic, but Nightwish does have deep lyrics and I can understand where anyone can identify with the emition in their music.

Northern_Shaman
02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/nightwish_reveals_concept_for_next_album.html

Looks like Nightwish will be making a movie!

ravenheart
02-11-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/nightwish_reveals_concept_for_next_album.html

Looks like Nightwish will be making a movie!

Yeah, read this yesterday. Stupid really. Stop fucking about with shit no one cares about and focus on making a decent album.

Akumu
02-11-2011, 03:29 PM
The protagonist of the film is a songwriter with an otherworldly imagination. He is an old man who still thinks he's a young boy. While asleep he travels into his distant past where his dreams of old come back to him mixed to the young boy's world of fantasy and music.

In his dreams the old man fights to find the memories most important to him.

This is pretty embarrassing. :/