PDA

View Full Version : Death Angel -- Tampa, FL -- January 28th, 2011

Spiral_Slave
01-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Death Angel delivered the goods as always. One of the most underrated thrash bands ever. The setlist was pretty heavy on RR material which is fine with me 'cause I think it's a great album.

(Probably a bit out of order, but all the songs are there)

- I Chose The Sky
- Evil Priest
- Mistress Of Pain
- Buried Alive
- Claws In So Deep
- Purgatory (Maiden cover) / I'm Bored / Heaven And Hell (Sabbath cover)
- Veil Of Deception
- Opponents At Sides
- Dethroned
- River Of Rapture
- Relentless Revolution
- Seemingly Endless Time
- This Hate
- Truce
----------------------------------------------
- Lord Of Hate
- Thrasher
- Thrown To The Wolves

larvtard
01-29-2011, 08:36 AM
sucks they didn't play Kill as One.

bigguytoo9
01-29-2011, 08:46 AM
I bought Act III from these guys a long time ago but never could get into it, maybe its time for another listen

jhdeity
01-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I bought Act III from these guys a long time ago but never could get into it, maybe its time for another listen

I think Frolic through the park is their best cd even though Act III received more accolades. How do they not play Voracious Souls?

Metal375
01-29-2011, 09:47 AM
So I take it they weren't too ragged coming off the 70,000 Tons boat? Props to DA for taking it right to the road - most of the rest of the bands are probably still detoxing :D.

Got my ticket to see 'em in a few weeks! ;) I just hope the setlist will be as long when BbB and Laz start opening...

larvtard
01-29-2011, 09:48 AM
How do they not play Voracious Souls?

Yeah, seriously. Freakin' love that song. Though when I saw them this summer, no one sang along to it :confused: :(

Zla Vydra
01-29-2011, 11:04 AM
That's great that they played Thrashers. Did Cavestany handle the vocals? I can't believe they're not playing Atlanta. Oh, wait, yes I can...since 40 people showed up last time.

larvtard
01-29-2011, 11:12 AM
That's great that they played Thrashers. Did Cavestany handle the vocals? I can't believe they're not playing Atlanta. Oh, wait, yes I can...since 40 people showed up last time.

:lol:

You were at that show, right? Do you happen to remember what they played in the encore? I had to leave after Thrown to the Wolves.

orlandodavis
01-29-2011, 01:15 PM

30 in New Orleans. Great show though. An hour and a half of Death Angel and 45 minutes of Augury.:rocker:

Platinum Maze
01-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Act III rules.

Maybe they are sick of Voracious Souls? They've played it every time I've seen them and probably have been playing it every night for 23+ years.

Purgatory?!?! :party::drool:

Nick_to_the_face
01-29-2011, 10:01 PM
I hate how they are playing a 21+ club when they come here :bouville:

mankvill
01-29-2011, 10:09 PM
I hate how they are playing a 21+ club when they come here :bouville:

:( <3

es156
01-30-2011, 01:39 AM
I like this set list, but then I love the last 2 discs. Hopefully I can catch the Chicago show.

treghet
01-30-2011, 01:56 AM
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this. :rocker:

Spiral_Slave
01-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Yeah the Purgatory cover was completely awesome as expected. I'm guessing the reason they didn't play some of the classics like Kill As One, 3rd Floor, and Voracious Souls is because they've played them a thousand times and obviously are stoked on the new stuff and want to break it out live, which having seen them before and seen the classics, I'm fine with.

Santana_Annihilate
01-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Do you know how long death angel's set was?

Santana_Annihilate
01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
I also think they're one of the most underrated thrash bands ever

Motograter_Ghost
01-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Death Angel delivered the goods as always. One of the most underrated thrash bands ever. The setlist was pretty heavy on RR material which is fine with me 'cause I think it's a great album.

(Probably a bit out of order, but all the songs are there)

- I Chose The Sky
- Evil Priest
- Mistress Of Pain
- Buried Alive
- Claws In So Deep
- Purgatory (Maiden cover) / I'm Bored / Heaven And Hell (Sabbath cover)
- Veil Of Deception
- Opponents At Sides
- Dethroned
- River Of Rapture
- Relentless Revolution
- Seemingly Endless Time
- This Hate
- Truce
----------------------------------------------
- Lord Of Hate
- Thrasher
- Thrown To The Wolves

All I can say is "OH BOY" I hope I have some cash leftover this week so I can see them in KC, MO!

Spiral_Slave
01-31-2011, 07:52 AM
Do you know how long death angel's set was?

Not 100% sure, but probably around an hour and fifteen minutes or so.

BloodoftheKings
01-31-2011, 08:46 AM
I had a bad feeling they would play alot from RR. Should take out I Chose The Sky, This Hate, and Oppenents At Sides and put in Stop, Kill As One, and The Organization.

BloodoftheKings
01-31-2011, 10:09 AM
I thought i'd listen to Relentless Retribution again to refresh my memory and see if I can maybe get into some of these songs. Oppenents at Sides really sucks, why are they playing it? Theirs much better songs on the album.

Santana_Annihilate
01-31-2011, 06:01 PM
I like that they're playing the ultra-violence songs that they didn't play last summer with soilwork. It's nice to see thrashers on there. I'd like to see the ultra-violence but I guess it's over 10 minutes so...I really like this setlist besides not having 3rd floor on there. I also like that they're playing truce. One of my favorite songs off RR

jhdeity
01-31-2011, 08:27 PM
I like that they're playing the ultra-violence songs that they didn't play last summer with soilwork. It's nice to see thrashers on there. I'd like to see the ultra-violence but I guess it's over 10 minutes so...I really like this setlist besides not having 3rd floor on there. I also like that they're playing truce. One of my favorite songs off RR

And Bored which hasn't been in their setlists since I've been monitoring them. I figured they just hated that song

Santana_Annihilate
01-31-2011, 08:42 PM
I noticed that as well. Very surprised. I'm glad they're throwing in songs they haven't played in awhile or songs they didn't play last summer